yes

Extremely kino

Yes.

who were the good guys?

Yup

Anyone who shot Somalis

>Literally a 2.5 hour long recruitment ad for the Marine Core
no, it wasn't kino

Attached: 1539233312099.jpg (380x250, 13K)

Yes.

Yes and there hasn't been any good film depicting a modern war since BHD.

>marine core
>core
It was rangers and delta

They were Army Rangers, not Marines.

Have you even seen it?

>Ridley Scott

Attached: 066D4E7C-294F-4487-803A-EC7330B9AAA4.jpg (387x437, 41K)

Everything is an advertisement if you're weak minded.

Uhhhh yes.

No. It's overdone.

>based white men shooting hundreds of niggers

Hell yes it is

>falling for bait

yeah when I saw that Ranger blown in half I really wanted to join up

How the FUCK do you mix up Marines with Delta Force

Everything is the USMC these days.

>getting mad because someone doesn't bother to differentiate between the billions of different units in the US military like some LARPing autist

>sand niggers that live in huts were able to accurately shoot down 2 black hawk helicopters with a fucking RPG

I call bullshit or extreme fucking incompetence by those retarded pilots

Let's see here.
>RT at 76%

I am pretty every sure barring a handful of movies almost everything in the MCU is rated better.

Most definitely

Attached: 1467645061538.gif (472x197, 2.04M)

Yes
>tfw the time difference between this movie and today is over twice that then the movie and Operation Gothic Serpent itself
>tfw born almost 20 years too late
>tfw ywn slot floppies wearing DCUs
It hurts

Its a helicopter, shoot enough bullets at the rotors and the whole thing will crash down. It's not hard. an RPG can take one out in one hit.

It astounds me having seen this years later and noticing all the various actors that appeared in this movie

Me too

>yet another military movie where you can't tell any of the actors apart because they literally all look the same in their helmets and uniform
>kino

dey arr rooka da same

jesus christ it aged so badly:

youtube.com/watch?v=BCCp3z7Zz4g

it looks like an Strike Back episode

>Implying

The entire movie had Americans biting it left and right. It was one of the biggest military blunders in modern history. How the fuck was this an advertisement?

Who did it better?

Yea Forums or Yea Forums ?

youtube.com/watch?v=wvuJNNpx1-8

>'Muricans spend billions on latest army tech
>Load up their choppas with all kinds of countermeasures and chaff for the most cutting edge attacks
>Train their pilots for years
>Get shot down by a teenager with a 10-dollar rpg
Seething
When I watched these movies, I cheered for the Somalians. Man you guys like to wank yourselves off

the beginning of every conflict is chock full of officers fighting in the mindset of the last war. just like human wave attacks against machine guns in WW1.

yes hello I too am here to contrarian post

dude, where do you get your rpgs so cheap from

>It was one of the biggest military blunders in modern history.

t. the Nation that brought you the Vietnam War, Iraq, Syria, the creation of the IS and Libya

Attached: 1550815552996.gif (2952x3047, 1.76M)

>sending troops into hostile area
>ask for air support and tanks
>govt says "no sorry we wouldn't want to offend the locals"

why are americans so scared of killing all the locals?

It's not muh capeshit! x(

>delta fuckup
>expect the UN to immediately bail your ass out
how about no, fuccbois

Israel?

Didn't work out too well for the Germans, did it?

>marines
>"you delta boys are a bunch of undisciplined cowboys. You're gonna need my rangers"

White trash know the military
Red necks know the military
Conservatives know the military
Blacks know the military
Mexicans know the military

You can only be a hyper liberal faggot, or are literally retarded.

There are 5. Are you saying you can't distinguish a billion from 5?

>. It was one of the biggest military blunders in modern history
No, that would be Hitler overriding his generals and trying to take Stalingrad instead of going for the oil in the caucuses.

in which war

>getting triggered
>reddit spacing
out

Vietnam was a strategic blunder, not a tactical one. America pretty much dominated the actual war fighting from start to end. The same can be said about Iraq and Syria.

I'm talking actual boots on ground blunder. Black Hawk Down was a complete tactical oversight. The general in command requested the use of every single weapon he had at his disposal, and the request was denied by non-warfighters in fear of causing damage and civilian casualties.
>inb4 "hurr you're saying america didn't lose these wars?"
No, not at all. I know you're going to take it there though so I may as well get that out of the way.

>it was one of the biggest military blunders
Two guys doomed to die killed about 200 nogs and they only stopped because they ran out of ammo.

More like black cock down my throat

wonder who was president at the time it happened....

didnt america win all of those though?

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you've used the term "fully semi-automatic" before.

>trying to take Stalingrad instead of going for the oil in the caucuses.

taking Stalingrad was (arguably) necessary for cutting off the USSR supply from Baku. The mistakes were letting poorly equipped Axis satellite soldiers guard the german flanks, and Hitler not letting his army retreat before they were surrounded in the city.

America didn't win, but the others certainly didn't either

That one’s going in my quote folder.

I remember sitting in the kinoplex and watching this and coming to the realisation that most of the "american soldiers" were played by british or related actors.
It was odd.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you fell for bait and are triggered as fuck.

Just pick them up from the street after "peace keeping" forces do their rounds. If you're lucky, you might even find a nice watch, or an intact pair of shoes.
The 10 dollars are for the fireworks you use to convince the bigger scavengers that a firefight is still going on.

There are a shitzzillion niggers and a shitzillion old cold war leftover era weapons to arm them with. Two helicopters got shot down, along with several Rangers and Delta Force guys getting killed and a pilot getting captured. First world countries actually care about shit like that. A bunch of 3rd world niggers don't give a fuck if 200 die, nor do the people who arm them.

So yes, it was a failure.

>stated goal of vietnam war on America's part was to prevent the spread of communism to South Vietnam
>Vietnam is now re-unified and completely communist now
err

It's good.
Personally I prefer Three Kings.

Soviets shipped tons of weapons to Ethiopia and Somalia in the 70s and 80s, most of it was never used

>Send high-tech troops
>Get punted by medieval locals
>"Waah, save me UN"
Gee, you guy had it HARD. I feel sorry for you.

Just because I fail to unclog my toilet doesn't mean I'm a piece of shit. Sure, we couldn't convince an assload of nogs to not kill each other, but at least we didn't stay there for 20 years and make 0 progress like in afghanistan.

>McDonalds is in Vietnam
>"Nah man they're communist"
There is no such thing as communism anymore. The closest things are Venezuela and North Korea, and we see the shit going on there.

Attached: 1549159334700.png (680x661, 245K)

Because then they become evil Nazis. And we all know how attractive those are to gang up on.

I'm going to go on two limbs and assume since you don't know shit about the military that you just say triggered because you can't come up with an insult that hasn't been used countless other times.

Mai Lai

>dude market reforms mean that the US won xd
Vietnam is still controlled by the communist party which is not what the US wanted at all.

China went through market reforms too but I wouldn't call them an "ally"

If they dominated, why'd they lose?

You literally got baited. I even wrote "Marine Corps" as "marine core" because I knew it would catch idiots like you. Stay triggered.

Sure but the fact is if those niggers weren't shot by whitey, they would've been shot by one of their own the next day. Its a 3rd world shithole, they probably don't even notice when somebody goes missing. America and other first world countries always notice when somebody gets killed. Especially in gigantic clusterfucks where two helicopters get shot down.

Stalingrad closed Volga river that was major logistics route for Soviets.

>>Vietnam is now re-unified and completely communist now
>completely communist now
uhhh

name a better war movie from the last 20 years

>Not capeshit
Then again, the other side has similar fantasies.

Is this an attempt at a "you don't know muh guns terminology"?
Like someone is really supposed to feel ashamed because of some stupid /k/ vocabulary bullshit?

Saving Private Ryan.

Because hippies were seething we were killing so many gooks from bombing raids the President had no choice but to halt them altogether and dial back military presence as time went on. If you're trying to argue America didn't absolutely shit on North Vietnam, you're not going to find much military evidence to prove your point.

@111059603
only reddi/tv/ is dumb enough to give (you)s to this bait

>names a movie not within the last 20 years

>its 2019
where did the time fly

Attached: huh bye.png (493x620, 272K)

Dunkirque

yes

Flags of our Fathers

Reminder that the obongo administration had a policy of not offending the pedos in afghanistan and preventing US troops from stopping the practice with fire and sword wherever they saw it.
>"cultural reasons"
muslim boyrape culture had to be preserved "for reasons", causing troop morale to drop even further in fighting this utterly futile war.

This, it's pure cringe propaganda full of lowtier actors, some ofwhich aren't even American. It has explosions, dust shooting up and angled camera scenes all while trying to pretend somalians are the bad guys from protecting their homes from the Americans flying around with gunships.
Fuck that flick, pure cancer.

Dunkirk was boring dribble

You shut yer fucking mouth m8

both are better films, but not better war movies

umm sweetie, how close did America get to Hanoi?

What's bombing altitude?

I usually shit on Ridley Scott but this is pure war kino, probably my fav war movie along with platoon

god you are retarded

Attached: 1ACA5E31-5EF1-475C-B5DE-83A8DB3F38F4.gif (607x609, 514K)

What's that I smell? Oh, it's just bullshit.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacha_bazi
>During the Afghan Civil War (1996–2001), bacha bazi apparently carried the death penalty under Taliban law. The practice of dancing boys is illegal under Afghan law, being against Islam...
>A controversy arose after allegations surfaced that U.S. government forces in Afghanistan after the invasion of the country deliberately ignored bacha bazi. The U.S. military justified this by claiming the abuse was largely the responsibility of the "local Afghan government."
Take your low quality /pol/ "facts" somewhere else.

Higher than it was back in Pearl Harbor.

>can't hold south vietnam
>bombers keep getting shot down
>most of the targets have zero damage done to it
>ho chi min trail never stopped
>vietnamese capture hundreds of POWs
>lose the propaganda war
>lose the actual war on the ground
>can't help the south win on their own.
>turn tail and run

They flew pretty high over Hiroshima & Nagasaki

>Bombers keep getting shot down
>Moat targets have zero damage done to it
Stopped reading there. Operation Linebacker literally brought North Vietnam to the negotiating table it fucked them up so bad. Then as soon as America relented on bombing, North Vietnam went back to their fuckery. But yeah, obviously the bombing was doing jack. Fucking retards on this board man.

>Then as soon as America relented on bombing,
they literally signed a peace agreement. america won, south vietnam lost. deal with it nerds

Letters from Iwo Jima.

living the dream

And you're drifting away from the point.
The Japs got closer to the US than you got to Hanoi. There, I've ruined it. Hope you're happy.

>banned by the taliban
>perpetrated by forces against the taliban
>expecting US-allied anti-taliban groups to follow taliban law
are you retarded?
holy shit you are

Are we talking about the same subject here, or are those crayons finally kicking in?

It was the last good war film

wait you are actually fucking retarded
right after that exact line is
>but the laws are seldom enforced against powerful offenders and police have reportedly been complicit in related crimes.
i guess you're the species of tard that's targeted by those clickbait fakenews articles where the headline says one thing and 3/4 the way in there's an entire paragraph contradicting said headline
lmao
pathetic
go be retarded on r/politics

you really shouldn't link the thing you're obfuscating information from

Groupthink on this board has it rated as kino. To everyone else in the world, it's merely an average 6/10 movie.