What are the best adaptations of Edgar Allen Poe's stories? Buzz off, Lovecraft, make your own thread

What are the best adaptations of Edgar Allen Poe's stories? Buzz off, Lovecraft, make your own thread.

Attached: Poe.jpg (697x1000, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=56R3hU-fWZY
imdb.com/list/ls020636791/
youtube.com/watch?v=fxQcBKUPm8o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Treehouse of Horror I

Attached: eat my shorts.gif (464x295, 959K)

Treehouse of Horror

The Tell Tale Sneed

There was a pretty good headless horseman in the 90s. That's a poe story, right?

Nah, that's some other guy. Good movie, though.

Why can't americans call their own writers by their correct name?

Attached: 1551043786130.png (611x717, 327K)

The Raven, with Brandon Lee. Pure Kino.

....what?

Unironically this:

youtube.com/watch?v=56R3hU-fWZY

that's Washington Irving
So he spelled Allan wrong. Who cares you jealous europoor

I fumbled the spelling of his middle name.

Because E A Poe's in da houuuuse, my niggah!

Epic Rap Battles is a patrician filter.

Why can't non-Americans stop with the anime meme? It's not 2008 anymore we have social networking now. You don't have to pretend to like cringe cartoons as a crutch for meeting and talking with other friendless losers.

If he was a brit we'd have a cool-mini series based off his work by now
shame

Attached: poirot.jpg (1200x1600, 418K)

Why is there basically nothing in media for C. Auguste Dupin? There's a couple really old movies but that's it. Seems weird for a character that directly inspired Sherlock Holmes.

I thought Joseph Bell served as the inspiration for Holmes?

sneed

True, I guess there's multiple inspirations.
wiki
>Poe created the Dupin character before the word detective had been coined. The character laid the groundwork for fictional detectives to come, including Sherlock Holmes, and established most of the common elements of the detective fiction genre.
also wiki
>Joseph Bell
> He is best known as an inspiration for the literary character Sherlock Holmes

anthology film one story by argento the other by romero. you got adrienne barbeau and harvey keitel, some spooky mements and some good gore. pretty gud (although in argento's you can see the film slate enter the frame for a split second in one shot. dumbass)

Attached: two_evil_eyes_a.jpg (600x432, 89K)

roger corman's with vincent price

Attached: vincentprice raven.gif (456x219, 498K)

Any thoughts on this one? Looks like a good cast and Stuart Gordon directing gives me some hope.

Attached: 71quduXF4fL._SY445_.jpg (314x445, 26K)

it's pretty good. they even fit in a little bit of the cask of amontillado. the ending is needlessly happy though

The Vincent Price adaptations are the only ones I'm familiar with. They were okay but nothing special.

imdb.com/list/ls020636791/

Attached: 1200px-The_Pit_and_the_Pendulum_(1961_film)_poster.jpg (1200x1815, 667K)

Vincent Price was unironical godsend gift to mankind
youtube.com/watch?v=fxQcBKUPm8o

The best is the Vincent Price one "The Masque of the Red Death". It's kino as fuck.

Attached: 16256508._SX540_.jpg (540x241, 29K)

Ok. I'm going to watch it because it's one of the few or maybe only Stuart Gordon movies with Jeffrey Combs I haven't watched yet. Also I will take a gander at Two Evil Eyes, thanks.
I've caught part of these on TCM before but I don't think I've watched the entirety of them. I'll keep an eye out for them. Poe pics. Cool poster.

>I've caught part of these on TCM before but I don't think I've watched the entirety of them. I'll keep an eye out for them. Poe pics. Cool poster.
I might be remembering it wrong but I think they get aired on the MGM channel if your cable provider has it. I DVRed them all during a marathon showing once.

that is the best

I don't have that channel, no. But TCM does a marathon of these Vincent Price/Edgar Allan Poe movies around Halloween. Sometimes they scatter them out on random weekends. I think I saw a commercial for Masque of the Red Death the other day. I should really just go through the guide and record them ahead of time.

Lovecraft wrote Poe stories better than Poe. The Outsider is better than anything Poe ever wrote.

I disagree.

That's fair, I respect your opinion.

Wow, you didn't insult me. That was unexpected. I like Lovecraft a lot too.