I just realize that this guy actually can act quite well after seeing green book. Why isn't he in more movies...

I just realize that this guy actually can act quite well after seeing green book. Why isn't he in more movies, particularly high-tier movies?

Attached: MV5BNDQzOTg4NzA2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzkwNjkxMg@@._V1_.jpg (269x400, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2018/film/news/viggo-mortensen-directorial-debut-falling-1202980297/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Didnt he retire some years ago?

He likes indie shit. Watch Eastern Promises, A History of Violence, Alatriste, The Road, A Dangerous Method and Appaloosa for the somewhat bigger ones.

Well I don't know, he is in green book 2018, so I'M THINKING HE'S BACK!

Eastern Promises and A History of Violence are great

did not enjoy Captain Fantastic that much

retired and does indie now. Is a personal decision.

Outside of a brief period for Orlando Bloom none of the LOTR class had any meaningful careers

Yeah, like 100 years ago. Nowadays, except green book, I haven't seen as much as a peep of him.

After LotR he could basically make whatever the hell he wanted without focusing mainly on budget/profit so that's what he's been doing, including a lot of art films and foreign films. This is a good list of his works to check out, particularly Eastern Promises, the Road, and Appaloosa.

>retired
He'll be making his own film soon, writing, directing, and producing it variety.com/2018/film/news/viggo-mortensen-directorial-debut-falling-1202980297/
We'll see how that turns out.

Why are danish men so much more handsome than other scandinavians?

He is a millionaire by proxy since forever, his father got super rich in after pretty much getting monopoly for all poultry farming in South America if memory serves me well.

So my guess is that he's acting just to have fun, he doesn't really care about money of fame.

He declines a shit ton of roles. He really only plays in movies he really likes (so he's often seen in indie movies).

>did not enjoy Captain Fantastic that much
yeah the movie could have been much more,and it ends being a family movie with some mockery of capitalism and marxism.

>Sean Bean
>Ian McKellen
>Karl Urban
>Christopher Lee
>Hugo Weaving

all had meaningful careers post-lotr

Kek. Sean Bean is in a C tier show right now called the curfew

Sometimes I forget that 0.01% of people on this board actually watches movies.

>all had meaningful careers before-lotr
ftfy

He is probably like Daniel Day Lewis. Only taking roles that he personally finds interesting.

Bean is almost in Eric Roberts tier for doing anything for a paycheck

I found it kind of funny that it was Ali who got the oscar for green book when Viggo pretty much carried the whole thing while all Ali did was speak properly.

Attached: 1551006513307.png (243x296, 5K)

Karl Urban didn't even have a career before lotr.

he choses his own roles

If you had banked those fat Aragorn paychecks would you feel the need to work all year? Bloom worked his ass off and doesn’t have much more to show for it.

Attached: E325CCFC-DA4A-44E2-9877-4D1E5A667713.jpg (740x525, 164K)

Yes, this is it. He is very picky. He was offered role in Hobbit and he declined. I just wish he would make another Cronenberg film.
He is directing this year or next year and he also wrote this film. It's called Falling.
>A conservative father moves from his rural farm to live with his gay son's family in Los Angeles.

How pleb can you be?

Attached: 1533150736881.jpg (1124x1020, 226K)

>Alatriste, The Road, Appaloosa

Kino as fuck, this guy is latin america's answer to daniel day lewis

bloom blew his shit on Ibiza and Katy Perry, he is going to be broke in a few

>katy perry
OH NONONONO

Attached: 1534394962261.jpg (1024x752, 76K)

>yeah the movie could have been much more,and it ends being a family movie with some mockery of capitalism and marxism.
which is what makes it great tho
you aint one of those idiots who likes to idolize capitalism?

>Folds a pizza and eats it like a sandwich

>latin america