/ALITA/

Alita: Battle Angel General Discussion
Previous Thread:

Attached: barbrawl.webm (960x402, 2.44M)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0WG0zqRi5Xf
i.imgur.com/MppgD2V.jpg
vocaroo.com/i/baasedFOsXhJfR
youtube.com/watch?v=KPZ_KYthOJE&t
vocaroo.com/i/s18WsIixb1H3
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castrato
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flanby
youtube.com/watch?v=p9DQjpDjmx4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cyber-dogs

Attached: Alita and Fury.png (1463x1282, 566K)

Looks like it's NO RULES TUESDAY.

Attached: NO RULES TUESDAY.gif (540x220, 3.81M)

Imagine my shock

Attached: manjawreviews.png (540x919, 253K)

>84%
It keeps going down.

Stop it. This silly fabricated opposition benefits absolutely no one and makes both prospective sides look positively ridiculous. I'm not saying that just because ABA is inevitably a less successful movie, but because this culture of dying on the hill of corporate blockbusters is getting beyond tiresome.

ok something I don't get about this scene
she beheads the dude and then proceeds to attack the lifeless body still standing?

Based russian anons bringing oranges and chocolate.

Attached: orange_and_choco.jpg (1333x1000, 656K)

Wrong thread bucko.

Attached: 1550304146941.jpg (2115x1944, 1.3M)

What do you see in that movie? And I'm not being facetious, I watched it and while I didn't hate it or anything I didn't find it very memorable either.

Attached: supalita.jpg (1000x1333, 589K)

Attached: 1551717020743.jpg (1000x1333, 89K)

the chad Alita viewer

Attached: alitacc.jpg (560x243, 21K)

I love cyberpunk. That's one of the reasons why I love it. I have a bias. If you don't like cyberpunk, you might not like it or be less receptive to it than me. It's pretty simple, man.

Heart. It made me feel something. It's a movie lost in time, it could've been made 30 years ago. It's a movie about the kind of character that is capable of eliciting compassion, even if it's not entirely honest (of course we feel compassion for kids with big eyes, thanks James you boatman you), it's another one in the line of movies like the new Dredd or Fury Road that just get out there and do their job only to be met with lukewarm receptions by masses conditioned to cheer for engineered quips.

Attached: 1551697226241.jpg (960x840, 57K)

Something so incredibly pure about this tweet.

Attached: acute.webm (1920x800, 345K)

both photos are mine lol

Attached: fybrie.jpg (1000x1333, 428K)

I dunno man, I thought it was cool.

Attached: 1551715328470.webm (960x402, 237K)

You're trying to rationally explain to an autistic person why they should stop screeching.

Personally, I love the script. It's such a tight screenplay where every line of dialogue matters and every situation advances the characters in some way. I guess that's attributed to it's source material too and the script being in development for years. Nothing is left to filler and all that goes on matters. And on top of that, it's just genuinely enjoyable as fuck. I haven't seen a movie fill me with this much joy and emotional uplift in years.

Attached: poetry.webm (960x804, 1.47M)

Something new. lita isn't 100% CGI, but it's not a real person, so it was interesting to watch

Also, I tought It would be some futuristic sport movie and ended with something full of heart. It just shows how Cameron and Rodriguez really loved working on this movie

And finally, it's the only good manga adaptation from Hollywood. That's something I guess

>poetry.webm
I never noticed this. Neat.

Have you noticed that literally every response is just gushing about how much they liked it, with no actual substance?

We don't have too many lines left. Every user that posts here does one, we'd be good. Share on vocaroo. Thanks!

LINES:

-Come to see the hunters up close?

-Let me introduce you to some of your professional colleages.
-This is master Clive Lee of the white hot palm. He has over 200 confirmed kills.

-Well then this is screwhead, one of our most lethal bounty hunters.
-And then there's McTeague, the dog master, with his hell hounds.
-His biggest problem is having enough left over to identify after so he can collect the bounty.
-Home to a monomolecular edge, slices armor like butter.

-A hunter warrior is a solitary predator.
-You'll be competing against us for the kill.
-You can see what you're up against.

-I came to ask for your help... against our common enemy, Grewishka.
-He's being protected by the system and continues rampage unchecked.
-And now he's after Ido and me.
-So I'm calling on you, my hunter warrior brothers.
-Let's band together and defeat him once and for all.

-Share my knowledge, willing to make an exception in your case.
-If you cut meatboy loose over here and let me buy you a drink.

-Hey, watch it.

-And uh, what could I learn from a loudmouth pretty boy who spends all of his money on his face?

-Maybe I'll pull your arms and legs off.
-Roll your head around in the street.
-Maybe that will teach you some manners.

- *laughs* You might mess up your hair.

-Grunt sound effects
-Sword slash sounds

-You do not deserve such a weapon.
-I am not impressed

-What the hell are you doing?

-I'm going to need you to stand way back.

-And if I win, you fight along side me.

-This bitch broke my nose.

-Yes I did.

-Heroes?

See I could go on and on about the film, but I don't want to do that every single reply. They can check my previous posts in the other generals.

since you're clearly new her, allow me to explain how, in generals, 10% of posters make 90% of the posts.

based russians

Attached: Pewdiepie Slav Russian Squat.jpg (1080x1350, 175K)

I'm leaving in 15 minutes to see this again in 3D.
I'm going tomorrow as well.

Attached: Alita.jpg (1960x2070, 2.43M)

Whoops, I meant see

Said it before but here it is again:
I'm fine supporting this movie because it's not your typical corporate made-by-committee product like you would see from Disney Star Wars
It's made by Cameron and Rodriguez, two friends of 25 years having fun creating something they like
two grinders who made their way through Hollywood not by nepotism but by working their ass off
I respect that
I know my money is going to people I respect

I know, but we've had over 100 confirmed anons in here. I just post it every thread in case someone new sees it and wants to add to it.

Attached: Alita.webm (784x538, 2.99M)

hello and welcome to Yea Forums

no one gives a fuck about namefags

What the fuck do you want? An entire thesis on the defense of the movie and its socio-political ramifications for the cinematic experience of the waning consumer?

I only stuck with the name so anons could know I'm the one who makes the .webms.

so... 10 people in every general, making around 20+ posts each, and everyone else making one post and leaving.

10% of posters making 90% of posts.

was like 92% at the beginning of the day

Attached: 1550241010588.gif (328x338, 2.24M)

This is the third one.

Attached: 20190305_171555.jpg (4128x3096, 2.59M)

I tally every thread, it's usually around 50 people, each make about 4 or 5 posts, but yes, I get what you're saying, I'm not dumb.

Something of actual substance? Just saying you liked it over and over means less than nothing.

But hey, people never really ever want to look too close at the reasons they like things.

K I N O
I
N
O

>83%

I noticed that about most of the criticism too
>MOVIE IS GARBAGE /endofreview

>I tally every thread,
You have no means of doing that. Simply dividing posts by posters doesn't give accurate information.

People get into the details of things as conversation flows along, you dingus. Nobody begins all conversations with a bulleted list of points to break down and analyze and interpret. People say they like or dislike X or Y, then others ask why or agree or disagree, then people explain because of Z as far as the conversation warrants.

Are you legitimately autistic? Do you just never have normal conversations with people outside of your self-imposed Yea Forums bubble?

You're acting like people will actually start saying something other than "i liked it." after 3, 30, or 3000 so posts of nothing but "i liked it."

yeah, nevermind. You gave me my answer

>check out ox office numbers
>france hasn't been updated since 24th of february

It's at 351M right now, update when?

I see you have no arguments.

I just got back from seeing it the first time. The dialogue left a little to be desired but the action was awesome and Alita was a qt. I picked up a complimentary poster on the way out.
I really hope it does well enough to get a sequel.

See, to me it felt more along the lines of the dozens of cookie cutter "Plucky teenage heroine fights the system in a dystopian future world" young adult movies that have been produced in the wake of Hunger Games. It's somewhat better executed than most of these but I don't think it has the energy of something like Fury Road or Dredd, both of which had much more visceral action and tighter pacing.

tomorrow

the summary is updated daily and will reflect foreign grosses. The foreign is updated much less often. One isn't tallied from the other. If you count up the foreign page it'll come to far less than the international gross on summary.

Why does this need to be explained every thread?

>tfw I could be reading the Alita manga and instead I'm posting here
Why am I doing this?
It's not like I don't have a good time here, feels like socializing and discuss my favourite film and have fun, but why am I doing this??

Okay fine, here's some analysis from the previous threads.
I mean, these are just a few minor recent ones. Do your own research.

Who's cuter

Attached: Trailer 1 Alita Vs Trailer 2 Alita.jpg (1275x1417, 585K)

Bottom one for sure.

Attached: 1551496098112.webm (1036x720, 2.63M)

Alita could rise big numbers with this promotion

Attached: B9715044191Z.1_20180316121136_000%2BGLAASQ5M6.2-0.jpg?itok=RFwecmKs.jpg (1350x759, 90K)

We'll see another big jump this upcoming Sunday, when most foreign markets are counted. We'll easily be over 400 million then.

>he links 8 posts
>they are all some variation of "i liked it."
man, you sure told me.

So is this just Astro Boy but a girl?

Literally stop. We already know he's the type of shitposter who abuses reductionism. Nothing you say will ever sate him and you'll find yourself in a loop of insanity.

>Top
>bony, thinner head, small cornea, smaller eye but more realistic, looks like uncanny valley
>bottom
>roundish, squishy kissable lips and semi-cartoony eyes helping to make her stand out as a not human better

based mexicans supporting mexican directors.

I know, just thought I'd humor him that one post. Moving on.

Attached: hair.png (1280x538, 1.11M)

Bottom.

Perhaps she thinks it's potentially dangerous? More likely she's doing it as a "and fuck the horse you rode in on too!"

It seems like you're just getting upset that no one takes mindless praise seriously.

Every single one of those posts is "this is what happened and I liked it." There's no analysis.

More like based hispanics supporting based hispanic actresses and based hispanic directors.

Attached: 1551722824769.png (609x536, 526K)

Astro Boy is not human.
Alita is.

>finally manage to convince a couple of friends to watch the movie with me
>come up with a brilliant idea of taking a picture of our tickets together and post them on Yea Forums and claim I bought them all for myself just because I want the movie to succeed to earn praise from my Yea Forumsros
>we get to the cinema and go to buy the tickets
>there's like dozens of children, literal children (well, like 12-14 year old or something idk), waiting in line
>apparently some class is watching the movie (as in Alita, they're watching Alita) together, with their teacher and everything (???)
>try to buy tickets
>they can't sell them to us
>apparently the class is using some kind of a special deal where they reserve the entire hall for themselves to watch the movie, so no one else can be sold a ticket for it
>friends with the local Robert so he solves the issue, there are a few empty seats left, so we just buy tickets to a different movie and are allowed in the Alita viewing hall since the class doesn't mind us being there
>watch the movie without any problems, kids acted pretty civilly, had fun, Alita a cute and everything
>the kid did all clap when Alita and the boyfriend kissed which I found very cute, also the first time I saw people clapping in cinema
>movie ends, go back home
>suddenly realize that since we paid for the tickets for a different movie, none of our money is going to James Cameron and the Alita sequel budget
oops haha

Attached: yyyou2.png (538x538, 194K)

trailer 2 looks younger and her eyes look better

All your shilling did its job Yea Forums, I finally watched ABA today. I hope you're proud of yourself you shits.
It was fine. I'd give it 3.5 stars if you want a score.

It felt like a "for kids" version of the manga. Everything was simpler and friendlier. I wish it had the same kind of grime as Terminator/Aliens, but it clearly aimed for a younger crowd, and keeping that in mind it did its job okay. CGI was good, actors mostly great but given very little to do, Alita was very cute.

My main worry before going in, the eyes, were not a problem in the movie. I don't know what they did to them but I forgot all about them almost instantly. Main issue I ended up having was HORRIBLE dialogue. These characters don't talk, they spout exposition. Almost everything anybody says sounds unnatural. Also pacing: the movie rushes through a lot of important things way too fast and skips everybody's backstory. Overall I was pleased, but also disappointed. I hope it gets sequels, but I also hope it gets an extended cut because it could use some 15 minutes extra length.

Theater in a late EU showing was mostly empty. I can't say if that's worse than usual or not, I don't go to movies much. While I was leaving, some woman was loudly complaining to her boyfriend-apparent about how Nova was changed from the manga. I think she might post here.
My hot take on Nova is that within the context of the movie it works: he's very menacing here, and if you just expect an end boss of some sort, he does the job fine. I do hope they inject more of his Joker-like personality into him in the sequels (if this gets any) because he IS a more interesting character in the manga. But even this version works; everything they changed from the manga works within the movie's own context, which is the most important thing.

Attached: have some blur for proofs.jpg (2441x1369, 676K)

who cares.
did your friends liked it?

I want to boop her nose

Brains might not be in the head.

Just came back from my second viewing, my nose kept running for some reason and I had no tissues so it was awkward as fuck. Great movie though. I've done my part, good or bad. The rest is up to you

Attached: 1550031134332.png (339x636, 182K)

One of them is a no fun allowed tryhard so he was very upset because the other friend managed to convince the staff to give him an Alita poster so he was fuming the whole movie. The rest of us enjoyed it.

top looks like rami malek

Attached: 1550136418560.png (246x205, 8K)

So it did well and as much as any big movies in foreign countries, but less than 100M in the USA. Why?

I request evil Alita face from her scene with vector towards the end.

>My main worry before going in, the eyes, were not a problem in the movie.
this happened to most of my friends too.

Just got back from seeing it the first time myself. I thought it was decent. Reading through this thread, and some of the previous ones I can't tell if anons are being serious in how much they liked it. I'm getting blade runner vibes from the fans of this movie. Isn't that sad? When everything on the internet is such a cynical mess I have myself wondering if the people who like this are genuine or if its some form of veiled sarcasm. Or they're doing it "for the memes". Christ, you'd think autism would help a person understand these things yet here I am. It's funny, being blackpilled makes you appreciate the little things in life. Life a comfy cyberpunk movie. I'm probably sounding like a faggot, but whatever. It could be worse, I could be one of those people throwing a tantrum over that captain marvel bullshit. People getting so butthurt to defend capeshit, heh.

I had the same complains on my first viewing. The dialogue is very cringe sometimes, but I blame that on adapting an old manga.

Overall it was a good movie. Ive seen it twice and I might go a third.

She props the decapitated body back up to kick its ass again I think. She’s on a level above everyone else there.
>Maybe a little motorball will break out in the middle of this fight
>She must have said something in the locker room they did not like

Attached: 4A050DB4-0548-49C6-9C77-ACD6443D3C4D.jpg (2180x1152, 136K)

Because nobody told the sheeps to go see it

Based an alitapilled teacher.

>So it did well and as much as any big movies in foreign countries, but less than 100M in the USA. Why?
I blame the marketing.

I want a poster too fucking cheap 3rd world theatres

At least you tried it out user and commend you for doing so. I could argue the exposition complaint, as I think it's used appropriately and to advance it's characters (i.e. certain characters only know certain things, so I bought it) but that's a personal preference. It seems like you enjoyed it and that's what matters at the end of the day. Don't want to waste time on something, preferably.

Attached: happy.png (1280x538, 1.02M)

I liked the part where zapan murdering a dude gave hugo a bounty. That worked well in the movie's context. Then how alita is directly told the only way to salem is as dissected organs, so she joins motorball and tries to win the "get dissected and sent to salem" prize. that also worked well in the movie's context. I liked how hugo was obsessed with getting out of the literal hellhole he was trapped in, where he was free to play rousing games of street motorball and take roadtrips with his multicultural gang in a future-hippie-van whenever he wanted. A life he was so utterly disgusted with, he tried to climb the death-wire to escape the instant he could. that worked well in the context of the movie.

>what brings you in here, sweets?
vocaroo.com/i/s0WG0zqRi5Xf
My voice is a little scratchy and gross because I was just eating a ton of stale popcorn.

Going to see the movie again tomorrow bros. I saw it last weekend and some rude people were talking most of the movie. I should've just told them to shut up but I never know how that shit will go down.

She looks fucking pissed here.

Attached: evil.png (1280x538, 1011K)

based

He’s got me beat. I’m going to my 19th probably viewing in ten minutes. Lazy afternoon. Sweet dreams of Alita
>What are you dreaming of, little angel?

Attached: E123083D-5845-4EF2-B456-004B4E11DA2A.jpg (2048x1082, 432K)

Shit, some user already recorded that line. Could you do the following line under it?

i.imgur.com/MppgD2V.jpg

Why did't the baddies just use guns though

>not doing the accent
Fail

they couldn't sell the eyes. Like people say, you get used to them after you're watching the movie for a while (they still look bad start to finish) but in trailers there's no way to get that response. Seeing them for a second or two, they look bad, and they keep looking bad no matter how many trailers you see.

So the conventional US marketing was essentially telling people to go see something they may not like right now, but could get used to.

How do we generate more OC?

NEVER STAND BY IN THE PRESENCE OF EVIL

I'm serious, I loved it, love it more than I ever loved a movie
I don't understand the negativity either, if something is shit just add a quick post "it's shit" instead of marinating in your negativity and spamming everywhere and hurting yourself the most

OH SHUT THE FUCK UP JEROME, YOU FUCKING NIGGER

>Has no vagoo

Perfect, thanks

stop

>the face you see seconds before you are killed by a beserker

Ido is a smart guy

Attached: image.jpg (200x247, 13K)

Based Ido knew what was up, he custom built it for his daughter. Wasn't gonna let some other dude fuck his daughteru

Attached: AlitaBattleAngel_WetaDigital_ITW_09.jpg (1400x788, 175K)

Weird, I don't even watch a lot of anime (the only anime series I watched was Neon Genesis Evangelion) but I liked the eyes since the first teaser

but the op says bar brawl thread

Sorry, last picture didn't have my edit. But yeah make your own work. Spread it around. I've made a lot of stuff for these threads. I want to do that dub of the bar scene, just slowly getting recordings in. We'll see a lot more quality stuff when a real HD rip of the movie exists.

Attached: spinning around.webm (960x402, 2.83M)

Dooming your daughter to a life of celebacy/incelism is literally child abuse, not redpilled at all!

Attached: 1550432116560.png (1006x742, 1.24M)

>I liked the part where zapan murdering a dude gave hugo a bounty
>no, I don't know what "being framed" means, why do you ask?

having watched the first trailer a few dozen times on the initial drop, is this movie worth the fourteen year wait after how bleh ghost in the shell was?

I admit I was put off by them in the teaser but I love them now, they make her look so unique and interesting and beautiful

From the youtube dude reviewing the movie
He doesn't consider women getting C-900 husbandos in the future, he's too chickenshit to admit he fully wants a Joi/Alita-like sex robot, and he didn't understand that Alita is a cyborg, and kissing her would not be that weird.

That, and bringing her into such a world that won't treat her with any respect. She'll have to earn her status as top dog.

Attached: idofucks.png (1280x538, 1.11M)

>alita holding a (you)
>final crop

Attached: alita holding a you final.png (726x546, 179K)

This webm is intense because it cuts just before it happens
the first time it happened I never expected it to happen and it was brutal, it kept being brutal in repeated viewings

It is todays The Matrix
Grounbreaking effects
Great story
Great protagonist
Incredible sets and background

I tried, sounds to shitty. I did the one underneath it.
>let me introduce you to some of my colleagues
vocaroo.com/i/baasedFOsXhJfR

youtube.com/watch?v=KPZ_KYthOJE&t

Think about it logically user
actually yeah that's pretty messed up, but within the context of the movie no one seems to care about their genitals anyway

Attached: 6627393.jpg (182x173, 13K)

Nah, she is a quadriplegic, it's the future, his daughter could buy a vr sex helmet

Attached: 4622900879.jpg (496x265, 32K)

Hey user, it says the file expired or got deleted. Might need to do it one more time.

If she wanted to have sex, she'd either have to grow up a little and ask her dad or rebel against him and get the part someplace else
It is only natural that either your parents start respecting your autonomy because of your age, or you end up rebelling against them

yeah i mean imagine your parents castrated you as a child just because of the culture at the time.

pure cruelty.

>matrix
Maybe, although I really don't like matrix anymore, I find it unwatchable but back in 1999, 2000 I thought it was amazing
Matrix was basically GITS + Dark City desu

Attached: 642b93d227fa4cfa8c79d18f3c2024b0.jpg (500x749, 24K)

if she succeeded why not Alita

Attached: 9zrio6fu.jpg (297x400, 34K)

What is dinner time like at Ido's place?

Attached: dinner.png (1280x538, 1.14M)

just came back from my second viewing. Got some friends to watch it. They all loved it and thought it was the best film for a long time. I'm happy, but still a lot of other friends had no interest to see it, even though I'm sure they would love it too. Oh well i really hope 2 and 3 will be made. I love alita and it would be a shame that such a great movie can't find success while superhero#24 makes another billion(not that i don't want the people who enjoy it to have no fun, but maaan there has to be something for people who don't like that).

>haha, i framed you for a murder that literally only i could have committed

What Alita is eating seems delicious

Is that part of building a new bod for your daughter lose-lose? Either you make it anatomically incorrect and then you are some asshole controling their childs sexuality and dooming them to celibacy. Or you're that wierd cunt that handmade your daughters vagina so whenever somebody fugs that they are not only fucking your daughter but also fucking your craftmanship. You'd also have to make a bunch of devisions when desinging it. What texture does the inside have? How deep does it go? Some cyborg equivalent for natrual lubing?

NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO THE GAME IS RIGGED FROM THE START.

Attached: 1490976244319.png (351x371, 86K)

She looked platinum mad the moment she entered The Factory.

Attached: 1551753473955.webm (960x402, 2.6M)

Sounds rough user, want to share?

Yes.

France is every wednesday. Wait few hours.

she has a button in there though, and her father was a pretty much a maniac

>oh...you're and Android

This fucking scene man. How can something so fucking cute like this be real?

Attached: 1551812832563.webm (960x402, 2.76M)

Just came back from my second viewing. I get why people complain that they put in several volumes in this but honestly I thought motorball was perfect for the one big setpiece, I don't think I'd need an entire movie of that.
Goddamn is motorball cool though

It's interesting to watch some of these scenes in hindsight. The church rooftop scene seems like a more intimate interaction between these two, which is sort of is (and Alita is clearly watching him admirably) but Hugo continually focuses on Zalem in the sky rather than where he is now. Even Alita first says how cool the view is of Iron City, but then Hugo redirects her attention upward. He doesn't even ask her what her dream is, just that she had been to Zalem and she was found in the scrapyard, and him boasting he has connections to get up there. She even shoots him down by jokingly saying they don't let anybody up there, but he doesn't want to believe that. The seeds of his obsession are evident in just the littlest places.

Attached: dreams.png (1280x538, 1.42M)

So glad I can understand some of the subs, this scene makes the movie look like its worth watching

It looks like some kind of potato, and brussel sprouts.

reminder: flopped

Fuck
vocaroo.com/i/s18WsIixb1H3

I read some wiki pages about families that would castrate their children because they wanted them to be a good choire singer into their adult years. pissed me off that people would do shit like that even if it was >100 years ago.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castrato

His kid was like 12-13 when she died. She'd need replacements eventually. I think Ido made the right choice for the first cyborg body.

Attached: 1551715377552.jpg (477x600, 97K)

Just like the ova, huh?

I like post-humanism. I like an aggressive post-Earth society Mars/Mechanicum parallels are too good for me not to enjoy and this movie 100% delivers on its cheesy lines with pure sincerity and it actually works. It's a vibe from a bygone era and my only complaint is that its too short. I have seen it now 9 times and it's just amazingly rewatchable (just like ANY action movie from our/your childhood.) and it's something that's just totally absent from most movies today. I haven't seen a pure action movie as lean as this since like, Fury Road.

Attached: alita fanart.png (466x592, 314K)

You should definitely watch it user, it's worth the trip to the theater.

Attached: ride.webm (960x402, 2.27M)

that sword-flick was so satisfying to watch

If you think about it too much it really falls apart, GITS explored more philosophically what is to be human, eg how much human can you remove before stopping being human, while Blade Runner explored it from the other way, even if it is a perfect biological human is it human if it's manufactured?
All 3 (Alita, GITS, BR) stories are the exploration of what makes a human human and the common conclusion seems to be memories is what makes us human
I can't say I agree because I'm diametrically opposed to human augmentation
It's an interesting philosophical question though

Oh of course, half the reason the script is so great is attributed to it's manga and OVA. Such a nice thing they didn't neuter the themes.

>VECTOR

Attached: Achilles.jpg (480x360, 11K)

I am glad you've been so persistent with this. I wish I had the confidence to record my voice.

Attached: 1551735081030.png (603x540, 223K)

Which Metal Gear game is this?
I'm kidding, I loved this scene, first use of arc plasma lightsaber

>not knowing the based webMaster of the Alita threads

Attached: alitalmao.png (1000x944, 428K)

>Oh, you're a cyborg
>she goes into shy mode thinking he's disappointed or something
>in reality he's the one shying out inside because he doesn't want to admit attraction to one of the people whom he dismembers for money

Good observation. Didn't make that specific connection. I truly hope for an in depth analysis of the film's themes and motifs on its own.

Attached: 1453807612037.jpg (480x666, 32K)

Attached: 1551089546247.jpg (2583x1898, 1.23M)

Well his wife was apparently also a cyberdoc. He could have asked her to design that part, or he could model the robovagoo after her.

Basically the cyberpunk version of a mom explaining to her daughter how periods work.

Thanks user!

I genuinely felt my balls retract into my body when I heard her yell that. Too many flashbacks of angry menopausal women hell bent on fucking you up.

>Which Metal Gear game is this?
MG:R

Magic

marketing was not aggressive (LOL WHAT ABOUT MAKING UP MARKETING $$$) and my countrymen are retards

>i'm a 4channer just like you!
>see, look how I pay attention to namefags!

thats a cheap flan

Just try it user, I'm sure you're fine.

Attached: eyes.png (651x501, 453K)

This is Lou Collins.
Say something nice to her.

Attached: lou.jpg (307x300, 26K)

comfy

Attached: 1551139467885.jpg (850x850, 213K)

I only bought it for the pic.

Attached: 1468881826807.jpg (554x439, 106K)

cute butt :3

but still tasty

its a good thing even if there are sequels, there's no room for you in them.

based ... poster

didnt flop it make its money back just like i predicted.

and remind alita its a project to share the costs of R&D of jim cameron CGI technologies.

jesus christ that face at the end.....

Attached: 1538154328495.jpg (500x375, 30K)

>Sing, O goddess, the anger of Achilles son of Peleus, that brought countless ills upon the Achaeans
I felt the echoes of anger of Achilles, the greatest hero in history.

Audible kek. Good job, user.

just wanted a (you)

This is easily the WORST shot of the film, hope they fix this in the blue rays

I noticed that too, there is so much going on in each scene, everything is finely crafted

I mean the scene at , Hugo isn't even necessarily admiring Alita because she's pretty, he's counting how much each arm is worth.

Attached: view.png (1280x538, 1.46M)

Nope, flopped. You'd need zero understanding of gross, net, and the theater/studio relationship to think otherwise.

sort of related but another user made this point about Hugo's guilt over jumping cyborgs; the Kansas scene after Grewishka kills that rando, there's a very quick cut to him as he realizes that grind-cutter he just helped steal led to somebody's death.

I hate to admit it but agreed.

rude

Attached: 1436983730222.png (665x720, 238K)

>New IP
>People didn't like the eyes
>Review-bombed
>Bashed by the (((media))) giving it low expectations/being a flop

Damn, good observation, every line of dialog serves a purpose

If you notice she absentmindedly starts brushing her hair and immediately stops when she thinks he's put off by her. Only to get that hopeful look at the end. This scene the third time made at the movies made me nervous as fucking hell.

Nigga Fuck Hugo. Chads like him will swing on the day of the rope

>implying I ever ate an expensive flan
Even cheap creme caramele (that's how we call them here) are tasty

Considering he ruined a dude's motorball career by stealing it, just suddenly realizing that "whoa man, my line of work has like consequences and stuff!" after doing it for so many years is more than a little dumb.

>>Review-bombed
>>Bashed by the (((media))) giving it low expectations/being a flop
Mouse's army sabotage

What the fuck, her face looks different

keep in mind that he's
A: a young guy
B: was totally fine stealing to fund his dream
C: probably never saw said consequences, or maybe never cared until he met Alita which guilted him into realizing his error.

>"WAAAAH HUGO GETTING FRAMED DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!"
He fucking kidnapped and stole cyborg parts, he was a criminal

Yeah but he had a bounty on him for murder.

They won't fix it, too expensive, all the money will go to the sequels
same reason there won't be a director's cut

Vector and Nova were perfectly fine with fucking him over

Is it just my imagination, or did Hugo call Alita "Gally" a couple times in the movie?

I think it's possible that Americans do not generally appreciate stories about personal integrity. Americans largely believe that self-esteem (if it is valued at all) is not a matter finding integrity in one's principles and values but of making personal sacrifices and trying to be selfless. Alita's path is too high of a calling, too frightening, too difficult, and too painful for rewards that do not seem idyllic.

He called her Ali.

Ali, not Gally. Ali, as in shorthand of Ali-ta. But possible it may have been a low-key callback to the source.

Good find
Now I think that when she says
>I'm a mother
She doesn't exactly mean her dead daughter. She means Alita. She accepts her as much as Ido did

Yeah imagine your parents mutilating your penis by cutting off the foreskin and removing up to 10,000 nerve endings in the process...

Oh wait, Americans still do that every fucking day now....

it is just you but it's ok

Attached: 1551665423094.png (1920x1080, 3.49M)

It works a bit better if he's just an irredeemable piece of shit, who's only ever using gally. In the movie he's just unbelievably stupid.

He called her Ali, which sounds like Gally, I don't know if it was intentional, I don't think it was

What part of the third world, user?
I don't think I've ever seen free posters at the theater before and I'm in the US.

Attached: IMG_20190305_KINO.jpg (1640x2187, 1.1M)

this.
scene goes into uncanny valley

Strange you'd take a photo of that part of the credits. I can see my name.
>Alita is the final movie i'll ever do cgi for am I damn proud of that

>personal integrity
I would like you to explain more the personal integrity aspects in the film, like characters, arcs, examples. Because I feel you are on to something but I can't pinpoint it exactly.

I guarantee it was.

>now

That's the common Flanby, I don't know what brand Nova eats but here it's the first reference when it come to flan.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flanby

They hand out free mini posters for preview screenings sometimes. I got ones for Green Lantern and Ghost in the Shell.

Repdill me on the "Dr. Ido Journal", is it an art book?

I feel like the movie would have been better off if Alita never registered to become a bounty hunter and she just became a Motorball player earlier on. In the manga, Motorball didn't get introduced until after Hugo died, so it's just sorta crammed in here. And I fully understand why it was- it makes for a hell of a spectacle on film and leads to the best setpiece in the movie. But in the confines of the runtime, both elements felt shoe-horned in and undercooked. We never even see Alita score a single point in her entire sports career.

It's his secret diary that they found containing passages about him wanting to fuck Alita's brains out.

well I think the fact that he does care, is what makes his arc fleshed out on his own but also adds to Alita's maturation (which is really, all he is there for story-wise) so I guess you can rest easy regardless, since you know. He dies knowing that his bad decisions finally caught up with him and only in the end, hurt the only person he cared about.

Attached: alita2049.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

It's because it's not mocaped. There is one other scene where it's not mocaped that looks like a 3D game ragdoll but it's so short and distanced that doesn't detract. Capturing the expressions of Rosa's shape and mannerisms is what's making it real because then the animators have something to work with instead of making it up.

We never see her claim a bounty either

I thought she did when she put the ball in the chute near the end of the last motorball scene. Maybe I have to rewatch it.

She claimed the bounty on Hugo

She definitely grows throughout the movie. Her face adds a tiny bit of fat and her hair grows thicker.

>>Alita is the final movie i'll ever do cgi for am I damn proud of that
Fuck yes you can be proud.

Attached: 1550769712600.jpg (1998x1080, 1.16M)

They do explicitly mention that her Berserker body takes a more developed shape than her original body had, so the SFX artists probably slightly altered her face a bit to fit it better, even though there's no canonical reason for it.

In the manga hugo was already the person he would always be. He was never going to apologize or back away from the purpose he'd chosen. Salem at all costs. His interactions with gally are simply to slap gally around emotionally.

In the movie he's just an incredibly dumb kid who makes a bunch of stupid, pointless decisions, then dies, twice.

Oh, ok. I haven't been to any type of early screening since I got drunk as fuck during Walk Hard. I worked with someone who got free promotional tickets back then.

>So, you watched Alita, huh?
>Oh, it was good, cool!
>What is the story about?
>What's your take away?
What you answer?
I feel it's a story about growing up, maturing, standing your ground and your principles, whatever the cost, keeping the people you care about and they care about close to you, being just, being ethical, taking responsibility, admitting mistakes, asking forgiveness, being grateful.
Sounds very generic maybe, am I way off base?

There isn't any specific reason other than she's matured mentally, so she now physically reflects that.

Attached: do not piss her off.webm (960x402, 2.55M)

Her breasts get bigger, I definately noticed that in the film.

It's sort of a synopsis of the movie from Ido's eyes. Came with some cool stuff though.

Attached: IMG_20190305_185108~2.jpg (3024x4032, 2.87M)

I mean, they directly focus on them in this scene.

Attached: feeling.webm (960x402, 2.58M)

>dodge this

Unironically I prefer movie Hugo, even tho he's more of a cliché

I literally can't understand her anatomy
bags of sand kind of guy

Seen it twice already. Should I go one last time or wait for it to be out on bluray?

I can only comment on the movie. The manga-Hugo sounds much more cold-hearted obviously but in either case, he's only there to move her character along. As far as a 'bunch of dumb decisions' go, not getting out of the cyborg-jacking game seems to be his biggest issue which they show is conflicting with him. Trying to climb up to Zalem seemed like his best bet since (I assume Zapan) he got found out and didn't want put Alita in more danger/it was the only way he MIGHT save himself. I mean the fact that Alita talks him out of it kinda suggests he doesn't really care about his dream anymore, it's just the only chance he has left.

Ha, based conversation poster. I'd say whenever I mention Alita, one of the big things I mention is it's James Cameron's passion project he's been working on for 20 years, before Avatar was even filmed. Other points being the visual effects are fucking spectacular, but the story puts a lot of weight into it's characters and it's consequences. It's hard though, every time I've convinced someone to see the film, I had to spell out almost an essay to them to get them to see it. Then afterwards, they all say they love it. The trailers just can't, didn't, and probably never would have sold such a weird concept to general audiences, and the unusual appearance of the protagonist.

@ 8.05 the interviewer ask the inevitable question about Strong Independant Female Character. Listen to that non SJW answer, Rosa is cutely honest.
youtube.com/watch?v=p9DQjpDjmx4

Attached: 1549396408759.jpg (449x533, 40K)

I paid a little attention to the audience, I get the feeling that Alita is just a little too out there for normal fags, too weird and anime-y
But that's why I love it

and all the cliche is what bothers me the most about the movie. There was so little in the manga and they went out of their way, rather aggressively, to stuff as much cliche as possible into it's deflated form.

How big was your audience and what was the demographic?

It's not her facial features that change, it's her expressions

I just got out of the cinema after seeing this. I thought you guys were memeing but it was brilliant

Me too, manga Yugo has a lot of drama but he don't really cares about Alita, sometimes he admits that he thinks of her, but their "romance" in the manga is extremely one sided and projection on Alita's, which is cool in a way because this thing happens, but not good for movie material. Growth of movie Hugo really sells the romance, and I think Keean was OK, he doesn't deserve all the shit, but that's just me.

>bola del motor
That's motor's ball, not motorball
Better translations would be either the simple "motorbola/motobola", "balĂ³nmoto" or "balĂ³n motorizado"
t. spic

Only if you can in imax and want to. This might be your last chance to see her on the big screen ever but don't force yourself to go.

I wouldn't meme this movie or spend all this time talking about it. Glad you liked it!

Attached: intense.webm (960x402, 2.25M)

ONE OF US!

Attached: 1551331883677.gif (405x405, 3.47M)

I'm gonna wait then. No more IMAX here

Another soul healed

Attached: 73491831_p0.jpg (1378x2039, 942K)

About half full, which was kinda disappointing for the last imax showing here, granted it was kinda late and there's a holiday going on. Demographic seemed pretty diverse but mostly teens and early 20s.
One guy kept remarking on her big eyes. Teenage girls loved whenever she was badass.

We're the most genuine general on Yea Forums. We don't even shitpost, we just love Alita.

No shitposts... just love.

Attached: repatched.png (1280x538, 1.05M)

Just got done seeing it at my local theater. Great movie, great food. Alita was a cutie. Hopefully we get a sequel because I want to see more.

>alita holding kit

Attached: alita holding kit.png (1944x1172, 1.01M)

seeing it more than once is the only hope we have user

Attached: 1551479079136.jpg (1080x1280, 141K)

We all hope there's a sequel. Glad you enjoyed the movie. You mentioned food, what did you eat?

Attached: 1551509202974.png (622x538, 306K)

Just started watching it now

>tfw I mentioned cool wine aunt Alita and someone got inspired to make it

Attached: 1530311270048.jpg (759x847, 109K)

You know, I fucking hate SJWs and that feminist shit, but I didn't like the scene of Alita giving her heart to Hugo, she was too good of a girl and valuable enough to live for another man

Alita has the most grassroots audience of all the large movies today

Please remember to silence your cell phones and remain courteous to others.

Attached: 1512811407922.jpg (500x446, 36K)

>alita holding kit transparent

Attached: alita holding transparent.png (1944x1172, 1.07M)

Remember to watch Alita this weekend

it's all or nothing user. It's who she is.

Attached: alita-wecouldbeateam.jpg (1908x1008, 192K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GOD I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE I LOVE ALITA

Attached: 8F840D02-71D7-4E2B-A90E-A82DEB654ADB.jpg (960x960, 125K)

>implying I'm not watching the gook hd rip on solarmoviez
James Cameroon doesn't need my money

That was a flaw of her character though, it wasn't a good thing she was offering her heart. She was naive and was willing to do whatever she had for those she loved, to protect them and keep them happy, even Hugo as self serving as he was at first and so caught up in his pursuits, told her to not do such things and refused to take her heart.

Attached: flaw.png (1280x538, 948K)

ANONs remember how I had a job interview a couple of days back? I got the job it was confirmed today

Attached: smug.jpg (682x690, 96K)

Good interview. Funny how a movie with
>A Mexican director
>A hispanic female lead
>Extremely diverse cast
>Japanese source material
is "ignored" by progressive types. Yet see how they are with captain marvel? They don't really care about strong female leads, they never cared. You can have a man who has watched movies with female leads all his life, but that isn't good enough. It has to be THEIR female leads.

I've seen some normal fags who haven't a clue what anime is, and they maybe just brought their kids/grandkids to the movie and they all ended up being surprised by how much they enjoyed it.

I love that scene, especially Hugo's reaction. His shame and guilt and knowing she's too good and pure not just for him but for the entire world. Kino.

They had a choose your own sauce hot wings plate with 5-6 sauces so I went with that.

I don't usually see movies more than once in a theater. But I might drag my friends along this weekend just so I'm not the only one I know who has seen it.

Attached: circumcisions-and-haircuts-aren-amp.jpg (500x521, 330K)

ALABAMA MWAN

Tfw no cyborg gf for cuddling, not lewds

Attached: 1520939805366.png (339x345, 21K)

fuck

Attached: alita-disappointed.webm (870x720, 2.23M)

Congratulations you fucking son of a gun. I'm genuinely happy for you.

Yet another user /healed/

Attached: 1551031352226.jpg (2397x1386, 593K)

Congratulations user! I do remember you when you said you were going to your interview.

Attached: 1551483452799.png (2000x2325, 418K)

>I relate to the formative years of 4 teenage boys
>I hope boys can relate to her now
oh gosh

Attached: 1428936541011.gif (500x500, 183K)

Shit, my heart just tanked. I love you guys.

Lol he couldn't stand multi culti

This looks like that guy with the hands on his face meme

Requesting a webm of Alita smashing that dude's nuts in the bar
Please I beg

Attached: alita pounchenings.png (656x524, 309K)

She got me there.
Also
>Stand by me
/mygirl/

Behead those who insult Alita

Which guy's nuts? Zapan?

Attached: fuck up zapan.webm (960x402, 2.74M)

>is "ignored" by progressive types. Yet see how they are with captain marvel? They don't really care about strong female leads, they never cared.
I am leftistand you're right. The fact that there is no acknowledgement is telling and honestly counter-productive to their goals.

Attached: alitapendant.webm (960x402, 2.62M)

I'm going to watch her a 6th time (alone again) on Friday if she's on and nothing unexpected happens

Damn that's a nice meme

Going for the 4th time in IMAX, my last time I can see Alita is true IMAX

Attached: FB119622-E015-4871-996B-38330CCC6154.jpg (4032x3024, 2.25M)

This film is how you do a "diverse" film correctly. I thought every casting choice made sense, fit each character, didn't feel forced at all and natural.

Attached: basednigger.png (1280x538, 1.53M)

do you think she read the manga?

Racial slurs aren't cool

FUCK ZALEM AND FUCK NOVA

Attached: qt.png (642x639, 311K)

Thanks guys it's nice to get out of hospitality work again

She's so genuine and makes a great point. You can relate to any character no matter the race or gender.

Attached: 1551491640239.jpg (1240x1574, 107K)

Based

That's pretty cool, user. Congratulations!

Attached: 1550785867476.jpg (768x433, 67K)

agreed, there was no preference of ANY race being shown. I guess the only "lack" going on was of positive african characters besides the nurse, who didn't speak much. Kind of hope in the sequel she takes on a more active/motherly role to Alita, since she hasn't really had that yet.

Attached: motorball.jpg (2048x2048, 328K)

Yeah, I mean, it's consistent with Movie Alita, but for some reason that SJW shit got inside my head.

She says she has in one interview and I think even mentioned how crazy the story gets in Last Order

She never said so from what I know, but I could have missed that info. She would have hugged the mangaka either way.

healed and moving up

>stand by me
I have to watch this film someday, I feel that I would really like it
Thanks for reminding me

>tfw even if girls were interested in me, I'm a scary hairy metal head girls like Alita wouldn't be into
I just want a cute kind gf
FUCK

Attached: 1536522379237.jpg (530x800, 36K)

Bruh, she's a huge fan of the manga, she would gush about filming a scene on set she recognized from the manga, heck, supposedly some things filmed were suggested by her to include. There's an interview out there where she really wants to see that shot of Alita playing her harmonica in the sequel.

Attached: harmonica.jpg (500x750, 100K)

IMO this is the CUTEST Alita of the film

Jesus Alita, calm down.

this the most concentrated raw CUTE

Wanting a gf is fine but if you don't want to change then DON'T change for any woman
Like Alita said "this is who I am"

you can still be nice and accepting of girls but still find issue with things they do. We're all human and we all make mistakes.

Attached: winelita.png (512x512, 211K)

My favorite is Alita discovering new foods

I enjoyed the movie a lot, watched it two times, regular 2d and real IMAX, looked and sounded amazing.

Does anyone know if all martians were supposed to have eyes like Alita, or just the Bersekers soldiers?

I really want to know why the actor who played Jashugan was white. I'm not mad, but it struck me as odd.

I went to a showing today wearing a Diocletian shirt. You're fine.

Attached: 1551245154257.jpg (1200x829, 260K)

damn I wish I had seen it when it was still in Imax 3D fucking dragon trainer bumped it. I had so much shit to do. fuck bros.

sauce on the harmonica interview pls?

This movie and everything about it is such a day brightener. A good story being good for the sake of enjoyment rather than an agenda. Relating to characters transcending race, gender. No political hogwash. Cute, pure battle angel in a cyberpunk setting is unironic kino.

Who draws these?
Are these the official promo art for Alita on Japan?
They are beautiful

To give melanin one must take melanin. He swapped with gerud

same

Did you make this

No, some user just posted it like 20 generals ago.

Is it wrong that I just want a comfy slice of life Alita movie like the first 30 minutes? No fighting, just QT Alita

no idea, might be wrong but I think they're promo pieces for China.

Attached: 1551245030690.jpg (1200x829, 229K)

Chinese promotional art. Actual artwork painted, iirc, in an ancient style. Only 4 pieces and actually unique. I think.

>largest empire in recorded history
>all former members shambles

what went wrong and how do we fix it?

sa existe de dire présentement?

What I really like about this movie is happy it's actually making people. Alita really won our hearts

Attached: 1550351505321.jpg (2048x1080, 186K)

NEW THREAD

NEW THREAD

Attached: basedlita.png (441x524, 193K)

That would be based. Would be most feasible as a traditional 2D anime though.