Original captain is named Dallas

>original captain is named Dallas
>new captain is named Tennessee
Bravo Ridley.

Attached: dallas.jpg (400x342, 20K)

Actually the captains name was Branson.

It seemed like the company was more concerned with diversity than a bonus for the crew of the covenant

Still can't believe this was never made into a movie

Attached: the-dig_screen02.jpg (520x320, 18K)

it basically was

>the one after Tennessee was named District of Columbia

HACK RIDLEY

Tennessee wasn't a Captain silly.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

It's like poetry, so that they rhyme. Hopefully it'll (Alien: Covenant) work.

I really like the patches in these movies. Sinister organizations that use ancient/occult imagery is top aesthetic.

Attached: patches.jpg (425x442, 37K)

>fat jew slobs still exist 2000 years in the future
feels bad

>the fucking Ark of the Covenant is considered ancient occult now

Fuck, how did I miss that Weyland and Yutani had already merged by the events of Covenant?

Covenant nailed it on the kino aesthetics and eerily dark approach to the sets!! I really liked it as part of the series as much as anons poke fun at it on here.

Attached: aliencovenant.jpg (184x273, 9K)

I heard from a reliable source it was the worst movie ever

A religious artifact of mythical power that dates 600 B.C. is old and mysterious, wow who would have thought.

Daily reminder that Prometheus and Covenant are non-canon.

Not being funny but that was a slow film. Would probably send you to sleep if it wasn't for the random jumpy bits.

I don't think I've seen anyone attack Prometheus or Covenant for its set design, it's more the terrible writing and suspension of disbelief through braindead character actions that ruins both films.

In the realm of metaphysics, "occult" refers to "hidden knowledge", shit discovered through mysticism and searching for rare and esoteric texts.

That doesn't really apply to a concept that's understood by the 3 major world religions, comprising approximately half of the population of the earth.
There's absolutely nothing occult about it.

>soul vs soulless

Am I the only one who picked both?
Prometheus had top tier soundtrack.
Characters were pretty dumb but I've seen real people do really dumb shit too.

>People still getting assblasted about characters doing dumb shit in a HORROR movie.

I bet you guys get mad in slasher flicks when everybody splits up to search for somebody, or when somebody goes into the dark to investigate a strange noise

lmao retard. First and foremost, you can have characters act properly in an horror movie, too. Don't excuse retarded writing.
Secondly, it's ok to panic or being defeated in something that is not the character's best (say the dumb muscle guy being outsmarted by the monster, or the smart weak guy overpowered) but we see the characters being constantly dumb, ALL of them, or act because of plot contrivance, and fail at their own speciality.
Just shut the fuck up you dumb idiot.

>(say the dumb muscle guy being outsmarted by the monster, or the smart weak guy overpowered)
That sounds retarded as fuck.
If anything, it's much more effect for the strong guy to get overpowered, and the smart guy to get outsmarted.
This would create a sense of hopelessness that the monster / killer is better than someone at their best.
Then, upon seeing the monster, the characters (and by extension, the audience) would get the idea that when the monster appears, you are well and truly fucked.

Fair enough, but in THAT case, they would not lose their trait, only be outclassed by someone even smarter or stronger.
In prometheus, we see the map guy get lost and the xeno-biologist behave like a retard with an alien. They are not facing someone better at making maps, or at being biologists. They are behaving out of character for convenience.
Is clear now, you fucking imbecile?

Not him but do you have similar examples for covenant?

Lol ok nerd

What's the dig?

Attached: 44eb4f8e-e0c4-4b4a-832b-944f92d70840.jpg (1280x651, 201K)

>defends shitty writing
Hi Jay!

Okay then how would you have written those characters dying?

kekimus maximus

these remakes wouldn't be so garbage if they made references like this instead

Attached: 1499181134924.jpg (1024x768, 58K)

Into what?

Attached: 99365c45-6db1-4e42-81fb-ebe6f0a21adc.jpg (1280x768, 142K)