Harry potter thread

harry potter thread.
what is your favorite movie besides 6?

Attached: 1165634897023.png (432x378, 29K)

>O rly
Take me back to a simpler time bros

I never saw 3, 5 or 6. Just 1, 2, 4 and 7. Am I missing anything? I don’t feel like I am.

"No!"

Six has a part where Daniel Radcliff drinks the "lucky potion" and pretends he's a spider

3 followed by 2 and then 1. The others can burn in fiendfyre for all I care.

1 and 2 are comfy and charming. 3 gets memed a lot as the best one but it's actually one of the worst, it's only the best directed.
All the others have both shitty direction and dreadful writing, and the dark tone doesn't fit the series at all.
Overall an aggressively mediocre series, but there's some value and imagination in it, but only if you were the right age when the movies started to come out.

3 or 4
4 was a distinct tonal shift in the series where just by being lucky isn't going to cut it anymore.
But 3 had the potential to actually affect the series the most.

3 > 6 > 8 > 7 > FB > 2 > 1 > 5 > 4

>turn 12
>never got a letter to hogwarts

Attached: file.gif (600x502, 54K)

Same. Was the biggest disappointment in my life.

If I really had to choose, my favorite, or rather, least hated movie would be the one that puts and end to the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: 1516375163502.jpg (1300x2345, 964K)

4 is easily the worst. Why would you put in some long ass dragon chase that didn't happen in the books, rather than something that did happen in the books?

Was about to ask where the "No!" posters were.

1>6=2>7 havent watched the rest

Which one does the Gandalf guy come out of the closet and becomes the founder of the #resistance in?

goblet tourney is the one I've watched a couple times, unlike most I only saw the once. funny thing is i never got around to watch the deadly hallows flicks so I really haven't finished the series yet

3>5
the rest are terrible

Same
Literally cried myself to sleep.

I was rather a big fan of the books as a kid, and thanks to my autism I've retained a lot, and the movies, looking back as an adult, just aren't good.

The books too, honestly, but at least they're tonally consistent and good for the target audience of children.

5, which is surprising since it's the longest book but not even top 3 longest film. It has the villains actually doing stuff for once and it absolutely nails the teenage rebellion feel

It had the best villain of the series too.

Chamber of Secrets for me, it's the one I've rewatched the most

1 and 2 are comfy

I've never seen this troll version of Yea Forums tier lists.

Very well put together.

Solid opening sentence. Based

The one with the wizards. It was pretty cool