About to watch this. What am I in for?

About to watch this. What am I in for?

Attached: 590A61E7-A814-4117-A92E-C33386617B12.jpg (960x1440, 426K)

White savior trope

The wolf dies. The only reason they introduce dogs/wolves into movies is to kill them off. If you see a movie with a dog, avoid it.

Is this movie the mainstream origin of that kind of convention?

It's a good film, enjoy.

Did I see this already?

I'm pretty sure this is the last historical epic. I enjoyed it.

Technically the literary Flashpoint would be Heart of Darkness that gave us Apocalypse Now. It's the most cited in critical theory. But it goes way back to bullshit westerns and colonial film about empire building

This, and he sucked at dancing. Took the whole runtime just to learn the tango

It’s a really comfy movie

To add to this, you should watch A Boy and His Dog instead. I think that's the only movie in existence where the dog doesn't die.

A film that unfairly won Best Picture over Goodfellas.

Truly a kino experience

>what is airbud

kind of like avatar but no sexy giant blue aliens

That's where you're wrong, bucko.

Attached: rip.png (2659x148, 59K)

It deserved the Oscar. Prove me wrong

The world needs more Costner-westerns.

Goodfellas came out that year.

and?

So did you. lol!

KATANKA

Attached: 1550620241324.jpg (590x885, 141K)

tears

my beeple will go with my beeple...

Attached: patrice.jpg (560x700, 60K)

It rips off Avatar.

A great film. A couple of very good actors. And by mentioning it you triggered all the beta social justice wanna be fags.

Red Dead Redemption vibe

Pure unadulterated kino and a masterpiece.

But he failed. In fact all whitey succeeded at was destroying the land and the bison.

Whenever I use to see dances with wolves on tv, I couldn't change the channel, usually on a weekend and I knew I was locked in for a few hours.

whitey stole injun land: Origins

>Heart of Darkness
How is this a "white saviour" book when both black and white people in it are portrayed to look bad. Did you even read the book?

not him, but tried to. back when i was trying to get into literature of that period. lots of good stuff, but heart of darkness is too fucking boring and bleak. couldn't get past the first 30 pages.

Dances with saddles and dances with swolves

I really liked the parts where he was hanging out and working on his cabin. Peak comfy

Go for Conrad's story "An outpost of progress", it's basically an intro to heart of darkness but a lot shorter

Kevin Costner was literally gateway progressivism that proves the 90's were dogshit
>Dances With Wolves paints indians as some transcendental humble ''can't do anything wrong'' or ''oh but we white people are so much worse''
>The Bodyguard has this weird as fuck ending where a priest recites a prayer for bodyguards to which Kevin just stares cynically/blankly off-screen and cuts to credits after the priest says amen without any reply
>Robin Hood Prince of Thieves has Morgan Freeman play a honourable, polite muslim, in contrast to the priests who are retarded dumbasses, that ''need to learn to understand''
>WaterWorld has this really stupid worldbuilding where the Atoll religion mocks Catholicism's ''hurr we hate different'' and the Smoker's violent version of Protestanism's prosperisty and progress in a (water)world where resources are next to 0

costner kino

same here. i didn't really like everything after that. except for when his injun brothers come and massacre the soldiers that took him prisoners.

There should be more movies about guys just taking care of some remote location

Y*nkoid propaganda

Attached: yank_killer.png (992x704, 335K)

IMO it's actually pretty pro-confederate
>Civil War intro isn't about ''Muh slaves'' (that was only a thing in the 2000's)
>after the war every Union officer/soldier is some disgusting ''I AM SILLY'' nervous wreck
>the Union soldier's first reaction to an obvious white guy speaking english guy riding near the camp is to gun him down with no orders
>the illeterate guy that is also the creep in The Bodyguard hides the journal for no reason and wipes his ass with it because being illeterate means you're probably an asshole
>injuns gun down the yanks and this is a good thing

He is a chosenite