DARK PHOENIX Leaked Endings

Which is better, Yea Forums?

Original ending (Pre-reshoots)

The X-Men rescue Jean and bring her back to the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters. Magneto and his acolytes follow them to kill Jean and confront the X-Men. Meanwhile, Agent Smith (Jessica Chastain) approaches and corrupts Jean. After nearly killing Xavier, Jean attacks the world leaders at the United Nations’ headquarters in Washington, D.C., while Agent Smith calls her alien armada to invade Earth. While the X-Men protect civilians, Cyclops reaches out to Jean and restores her humanity. She spares the world leaders and disintegrates Agent Smith, then flies into space and sacrifices herself to destroy the alien armada. The government blames mutants from the crisis. Magneto and his followers leave for the island of Genosha, while Professor Xavier and the X-Men return to the school to keep fighting for pacific coexistence between humans and mutants.

New ending (Post-reshoots)

The X-Men rescue Jean and bring her back to the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters. Magneto and his acolytes follow them to kill Jean and confront the X-Men. Meanwhile, Agent Smith approaches and attempts to corrupt Jean, but is interrupted by the Mutant Containment Unit, which arrests the Acolytes and the X-Men – including Jean. Agent Smith and her team of shapeshifting alien warriors attack a train transporting the captive mutants to retrieve Jean, leading to a battle between the mutants and the aliens. Agent Smith attempts to manipulate Jean into killing her friends, but with Cyclops’ help, Jean overcomes Agent Smith’s influence and sacrifices herself to destroy the aliens. The government blames mutants for the crisis. Xavier and Magneto decide to build a safe haven for their race in the island of Genosha together, and Xavier appoints Cyclops to replace him as headmaster of the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters, which is renamed in Jean’s honor.

Attached: Dark Phoenix.jpg (825x464, 113K)

Don't care, the only capeshit I've watched is the dark Knight

I thought Genosha hated muties?

both dull entries in the dull x-fag saga

The really fucked up part is that I read all of that knowing full well that I would never watch this movie, and I don't care either way

New ending makes no sense isn't Cyclops a teenager in these movies? Why would Xavier leave the whole school to someone with so little experience?

The second one is better, because Xavier and Magneto working together at the end is at least different than the last 2-3 films, where they say they're friends and split off right at the end of the film

No wolverine no watch

>Genosha
Really, Fox? Really? You are about to be absorbed by Disney and you decide to shit on one more X-Men plot? Can’t you just fucking die with some dignity?

New ending sounds like an improvement.

>isn't Cyclops a teenager in these movies?

He was 16-17 in X-MEN: APOCALYPSE, which took place in 1982.

DARK PHOENIX is set in 1992. He's already pushing 30's.

>He was 17 in 1982
>In 1992 hes 30s
American education everyone

>Xavier appoints Cyclops to replace him as headmaster of the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters, which is renamed in Jean’s honor

wat

>He's already pushing 30's.
Doesn't know how to read.

>Pushing 30
>He's 27

Unfortunately you're the retard.

piss off then you lame straight. this thread is for queers. we love xmen

Can Fox just die already so Disney can reboot the X-Men already?

>UN Headquarters in DC
Nani the fuck, it's in NYC you goofballs

Why would you honor a crazy person that killed your friend and almost destroyed the world?

but that's literally happening this month you fucking retard

Why would they have a big time skip like that if they aren't even going to make any of the actors look older?

>This is a 63 year old man

Attached: Mags.jpg (750x362, 37K)

Their gimmick of always moving the plot forward by a decade has hilariously backfired on them considering none of the characters they've aged by decades, only 5-8 years.

They had a successful 10 year time skip between First Class and Days of Future Past and figured it that since it worked it should become a staple of the franchise.

Mutants age slower, everyone knows this...

I'm honestly going to go see Dark Phoenix in as full a theatre that I can find, just to see people's reactions. This is good marketing

>Original ending
Lame but ok I guess

>New ending
The same but worse? wtf

Why does he/she/xir have to be american?

>The government blames mutants for the crisis
So what crisis is there in the second ending if Jean doesn't attack the UN and there's no alien armada?

Several soldiers were brutally murdered as a group of mutant terrorists escapes from federal custody.

Plus in both versions Jeans destroys a suburban neighborhood and tears through a Special Forces team beforehand.

Why the fuck would Xavier ditch the school and join Genosha?

>american education

Remember when magneto destroyed a bunch of cities and most likely killed hundred of thousands of people in apocalypse

Apparently the movie emphasizes how Xavier views the X-Men as children and overprotects them to their detriment. So in the end he leaves with Magneto to help other mutants in need, trusting that the X-Men are mature enough to look after themselves and the school.

I'm looking forward to the X-Men MCU reboot at this point.

Fox has treated X-Men pretty well, especially between First Class and Logan when they figured out how to make genuinely good films (ignore Apocalypse), but its played itself out, they're tying themselves in knots trying not to repeat themselves and they've lost their most iconic actor/character.

My hope is Disney starts from scratch, turns X-Men into a separate and more realistic/mature/violent contrast to MCU, albeit one that builds up to a big Avengers x X-Men x F4 crossover event.

(For F4, they should do a film from Dr. Doom's perspective ala Infinity War did for Thanos, as the Fantastic Four themselves are a bit shit, unpopular and outdated so probably can't sustain a good film with them as the focus)

Still seems kinda dumb, Genosha(at least in the comics) is all about mutants segregating themselves from the humans. Xavier would never go along with that shit.

>memest of Got actresses
>start of the movie

This will bomb so hard. Everyone hates Sophie

Something becomes popular and acclaimed and they hire the actors regardless of ability.

Which is how we got January Jones in X-Men First Class.

It will be childish quip after quip and you know it. Very formulaic and without any depth. Not that the current movies are that much better but at just they are above any avengers dreck. Besides apocalypse. Fuck apocalypse.

> New ending. Captain Marvel punches Dark Phoenix. Everybody claps. Goose the Space Cat does the Moonwalk backwards.

That could easily lead to Cyclops ending up a war criminal for his phoenix force shit if they chose to go that far

>No Fox X-men movie set in early 00s

Attached: 1dxl1v.jpg (700x700, 63K)

So sometime between the 90s and early 2000s age will catch up to magneto and his him over the head like a sack of bricks turning him into ian mckellen

Dunno. The quippiness (mostly) works with the current MCU characters, though, when it wouldn't work for the X-Men.

Having a contrast would be good, and hopefully they see that. DC tried to turn everything into fucking Batman and it almost killed them. MCU doesn't need to turn everything into quip-making machines for the same reason.

I fucking hate quips. Some humor is fine but what they did with avengers is a bore fest and way over the line. I want them to try something new but it's just going to be avengers with the x men name slapped on top. At least I hope we will get an actual hot Phoenix and not that post wall island monkey.

I like levity in films. I find nu-Banner irritating and thought Thor 3 overstepped the mark but think they've been good at keeping the tone otherwise Thought Black Panther was shit but I don't remember it being especially quippy.

Spider-Man, Iron Man, Ant-Man and Guardians being quip machines fits them perfectly.

Some characters need overt humor to work, some don't.

Magneto took over Genosha in the 90's and turned it into a mutant haven all the way up to 2004 or so when it was destroyed by Xavier's evil twin Cassandra Nova.

Attached: Build a wall and make flatscans pay for it.jpg (741x1260, 994K)

This is the final X-Men movie under Fox's supervision. Disney will surely reboot.

>Its a humans blame mutants for everything and mutants decide to come together despite our disagreements episode

This franchise is fucking dead in the water

Attached: 1449961640819.png (165x115, 38K)

grown adults watch this shit

>read pre-reshoots
what a gay ending, "Cyclops reaches out to Jean", "Jean sacrifices herself", nothing is more formulaic and predictable, I guess reshoots made sense
>read post-reshoots
>"with Cyclops’ help, Jean overcomes Agent Smith’s influence and sacrifices herself"

Attached: 19b19e39da0ff4219294077e0fd2ea54.jpg (400x400, 23K)

>turns X-Men into a separate and more realistic/mature/violent contrast to MCU
You really think so? I can easily imagine them going the toothless approach like they did with their Spider-Man in his own movie.

Deafpool needs to be in every marvel movie. He is such a unique, funny and under used character. Image how fun he would make Endgame be.

i wont be seeing it until its on netflix so idc

I mean, that's how the original story ends. They can't stray too far from it.

Spider-Man has more teen appeal than the X-Men, so it's understandable Disney would try to tap into that.

So wait, Xavier gives up on trying to integrate the mutants into society and together with Magneto they estabilish their own isolated ethnostate? Isn't that contrary to like everything that happened before?

His homolust for Magneto was finally too much to handle.

>almost kill innocent people and criple xavier in first class
>almost kill the president in days of future past
>kills cops a lot of people and destroy the world in apocalypse
>xavier still call him old friend???