Has there ever been a perfectly cast adaptation?

Has there ever been a perfectly cast adaptation?

Attached: Harry potter.jpg (1258x1600, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KCz7-iflSRQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No.

The only problem was the OC character Alice

Attached: 1526746412350.jpg (672x337, 105K)

Watchmen

Not without Idris Elba at least playing one character.

It's not perfect because Hermione was not supposed to be beautiful, she was supposed to be a frizzy-haired buck-toothed nerd. Watson in a few movies into the series was already incredibly hot and it wasn't really what the character was supposed to be.

I mean I'm not complaining about how hot she was, she was hot as hell. But Herm wasn't supposed to look like that. Because she was so hot it threw off the central dynamic to the point where fans and even in the end the series creator started to feel that her and Harry should have ended up together.

I mean she's the hottest, smartest girl in school and harry is; famous, brave, super rich (gringots vault), and they keep getting into dangerous situations together. Of course they would have ended up together, pretending they wouldn't and someone who looks like that ends up with the gawky ginger instead breaks believability way more than flying brooms and magic wands.

she started out suiting it well enough, even if she was better looking than the book described they did make her hair messy and have a bossy demeanor. It went to shit by the third film when it started shifting just to "Emma Watson playing herself".

Ron was flawless casting however. Grint is super underrated.

LOTR?

>13
He will play Dumbledore in the remake screenshot this

>Harry Potter
>perfectly cast
>Hermione not even black, Harry not constantly depressed about his erectile dysfunction, ron not constantly smeard in shit from shitting on the floor

Movie Eowyn exists no so.

Emma Watson was not a good Hermione. Grint and Radcliffe were both great, especially Grint

Watson was the best throughout the entire thing you mutts. She carried Harry along with Rupert but she was the best. Even Columbus, Rowling and Cuaron all unanimously agree she was great. Nonce zoomers

No.

You just posted it, HP had 20-30 perfectly cast roles

Harry
Ron
Hermione
Dumbledore x2
Snape
Hagrid
Lupin
Mcgonagall
Mr dursley
Mrs dursley
Filtch
Lucius
Voldemort
Bellatrix
Slughorn
Umbridge
Fred and george
Mr weasley
Mrs weasley
Lockhart
Moody

The 1984 adaptation with John Hurt.

But that's just wrong.

wtf is up with hermoines stance?

Arwen was absolute dogshit and made Eowyn look great in comparison.

About the only big miss was Ginny and I won't give them crap for that because they cast her for a single scene in the first film when she was an unimportant character and had no way of knowing she'd be a major character late in the series.

However....Yes she single handidly stole the show in the first one and was cast before ron and harry were because Columbus and Rowling and everyone involded agreed she waa the choice. You're all such contrianian cancer.

Trying too hard.

No it isn't, everything you say and think is wrong though. This board has such a stick up its ass about everything concerning Watson she was great. Her and Rupert carried it.

when you have just about every veteran British actor of note on hand from the get-go you're not gonna miscast anyone

>getting this angry
It's clear you haven't read the books. Watson was one of the bigger misses in terms of aesthetics and personality

Those quints don't lie

You forgot

Attached: 1365037916826.jpg (800x1200, 158K)

what's Rupert Grint up to nowadays?

Man she wasnt supposed to be NEARLY as beautiful as she ended up being after the first few films. I don't think they are being contrarian by saying that at all. Also checked

Moaning Myrtle is the best cast character and best character period. Harry was too much of a manlet desu but the rest were almost perfect. I think Paul Rudd should have played Sirius Black

They're being shitskin NPC faglords by thinking her appearance didn't match the character yet manlet harry potter did. That's hypocritical. Both harry and hermiones actors embodied the roles

Yep there's so many I forgot her

user I read them first and like the books ans films she was perfectly cast. Radcliffe was the missfire since he was a manlet but he gave better performances as he went on besides being drunk
Hermione most embodied the book character out of the three followed by ron.

>shitskin NPC
But that's what you are wtf

>Hermione most embodied the book character out of the three
And you expect me to believe you read them. Okay.

Why are you such a weird, angry prick?

Because he lives in here.

wut

Attached: tlabposter.jpg (675x1000, 260K)

I don't get all the Emma Watson love. She was okay for maybe the first three movies (and in the third things were already starting to look down), and by the time was introduced she was clearly superior and stayed that way through the rest of the films.

It's banter

JK Rowling hand picked her and Columbus and the films DP agreed during screen tests, she was the best girl trying out. She didn't even try out with Radcliffe he was cast last.

Book harry and ron are more different than hermiome. But ron and hermione in general are caricatures in the beg in the movies. Both are played well but hermione stood out.

>Hermione
>White
user I...

Luna was barely in the movies bro she wasn't superior to anything but ginny. She was used less and less after she was introduced.

Watson and Rupert were both good playing opppsite eachother and Watson and Radcliffe ended up having really good chemistry.

Emma Watson is white, yes.

I'm sorry if I implied I was judging anything but looks.

???

Daily reminder that the guy white knighting watson is the fucking Zachary Keith, the ultimate turboautist Emmafag, banned from ALL boards including /r/eddit, follower number one of Redditscrew the definition of a Connecticut $/oiBoy, making 6 threads per-day FOR 8 FUCKING MONTHS, at this point only report this spam, and post a pic of his waifu Emma Watson with Harvey Weinstein, that drives him crazy, remember HE WAS BANNED FROM ALL BOARDS IN THE INTERNET
>WARNING-THIS IS REALLY INSANE

Radcliffe forgot how to act from the third movie onwards, but it didn't matter because Harry is a 1-dimensional character whose only flaw is "he gets angry sometimes"

What? People take issue with movie Eowyn? She was fucking adorbs (TN: short for adorable)

wew this is the first time I see this but that's hilarious.

Eh she wasn't bad, just a little too old for the role
Arwen would have been better if they hadn't added that action scene, you know the one

After the role of a lifetime, he's been "busy"

what a semen demon! is that her real hair? That cant be real right?

It's canon. get with the times boomers.

Attached: bh.png (599x419, 108K)

Why wouldn't it be her real hair?

Ones I forgot
Nearly headless nick
Rita skeeter
Luna lovegood
Moaning myrtle
Young tom riddle x2
Griphook
Olivander
Wormtail

It's not canon though. Only in a play where it didn't matter.

Mind telling me how this guy was doxxed? Now I'm curious

>being a newfag
>replying to spammed buttmad autism
Lol

Didn't Potterfags disavow this play or something

This desu

LOTR was close.

sup Zach

Hermione was a black woman J. K. Rowling confirmed this.

He wasn't doxxed so much as worked himself up into a state of agitation over being called non-white and posted pics to prove his worth

Its a play so it really never mattered in the first place since Rowling didn't even write it.

Wrong. Or are you going to claim Emma Watson is black?

Rowling "confirms" a lot of shit these days, makes you wonder if she spends more time on Twitter instead of fleshing out movie screenplays after the dumpster fire that was FB2

Such as wizards vanishing their poo magically instead of going to the john

He liked one of my meme reviews shitting on lalaland as soon as I linked it in a thread here. And from there people started noticing his posting patterns and stuff. I don't know how they managed to get all his real life info though

What an original post

Rurouni Kenshin 1

Then why are all her sketches of a white girl when writing the first book

Why are all illustrations that she must sign off on all white?

And she had input on the actors so why didn’t she cast a black chick?

She is a cunt

youtube.com/watch?v=KCz7-iflSRQ

and the play was not written with Hermione being black, they just cast someone who is later

spiderman trilogy

user stop falling for it. Shes white.

Venom was pretty terrible but that was probably because the character for SM3 was written badly and shoved in by Arad

It's her real hair.

Attached: 1324158615379.jpg (2000x2999, 532K)

I understand that he likes Emma Watson but why does he hate Emma Stone? Is it because they share the first name and people compare Watson unfavorably?

Right that too, they will recast her as a latino or asian next time it doesn't matter. That's what plays do all the time. Rowling defending rhe casting at that time doesn't nean hermione was and is always black.

Kek come on user

Ginny isn't even that ugly

Stonefags are even more cancerous

Attached: 1491326288471.jpg (782x1052, 530K)

Actress was average but in the books she's supposed to be a super hot slut that has half the boys by their balls

That's the one thing no one has been able to crack

Which they didn't know for five years after she'd been cast as a 9 year old

her screen counterpart certainly doesn't fit that description

Attached: bonnie-wright-2.jpg (900x750, 98K)

The cursed child is canon I believe, which it shouldn't be and most people don't agree with, but it's canon.

>better feet
where did this graphic come from?

That's not what I said

You mean the play is not canon?

so

No, the play's canon.

>where did it come from
Here newfriend many years ago before capeshit was constantly flooding the board. Stones feet are shit btw and I'm not a foot person.

Rowling just makes shit up on a whim

Remember how Harry's invisibility cloak turned out to be a Deathly Hallow all along that's supposed to hide him from virtually anything but Dumbledore could see him, cats could see him, Moody could see him, Tonks could find him, he shows up on a map, etc.

I've always found it fucking weird how Yea Forums really fixates on this "Hermione's a nigger" thing. I thought it was funny that Rowling was starting to take the piss out of HP fanatics but to see you people constantly bring it up unironically as some sort of heresy just weirds me out. This is in every thread

Bleu(RIP) botting results for his feminist waifu

Half of them are hardcore HPfags, Harry Potter is their religion
The other half are shitposters that bring up the "Hermione is a nigger" to trigger the HPfags

This isn't rocket science user

Yea Forums and Yea Forums in general is unhealthily obsessed with black people, it's all they think about

This
Yea Forums and Yea Forums overall is overrun with /pol/ anyway

tbqh. he played Bilbo so good that he continued to play him on Fargo

Attached: bilbo-baggins.jpg (600x500, 56K)

The train of thought on Yea Forums was dictated for a while here purely off twitter screencaps that were spammed
So easily impressionable faggots forgot this board was supposed to be ironic and not letting out your political frustrations.

Ie all the alt right mongs here ruined it

Where the fuck is it

was gonna say kys but those repeating digits made my brain do a complete 360

Hermione is too pretty.
Harry is too nerdy.
Based Ron is perfect.

Green Lantern was perfectly cast. Unfortunately, everything else about it was shit.

>Snape

Alan Rickman was at least 20 year older than the character he was playing. It was kinda ridiculous.

>Ron
>based
when has the "Robin" character ever been better than his "Batman" counterpart?

When the batman's a fucking faggot

how is Harry a faggot while Ron isn't tho?

>hermione is too pretty
"No!"
You're the reason so many uggos are cast in movies nowadays

LOTR casting WAS perfect. You can complain about Arwen and/or Eowyn’s edited roles in the movies vs the books but you can’t say they didnt do well in the role they were each given.

I want to say Clooney but unfortunately Chris O’Donnell was so bad that even Bat-credit card and Bat-nipples he’s better than “MY LIPS ARE IMMUNE TO YOUR CHARMS

Given I fell asleep repeatedly, I’d say they were indeed perfectly cast for one of the dullest franchises in the history of dull movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: 91702EB4-8C74-44B7-9197-051F545A48DA.jpg (1300x2345, 964K)

Yes.. Hermoine was black in the manga

this is the second time I've seen this pasta today, get the fuck out

Attached: cf05c3dbf3d17eb6227dbf47e26badaf.jpg (432x327, 27K)

>manga of a british fantasy book series

Attached: penn_jillette.jpg (300x400, 31K)

what is this pseudointellectual crap?

>all 3 are white
UMM

>eggrolls mixing with crumpets

Attached: blowning chunks.jpg (400x426, 69K)

"To give a text an author" and assign a single, corresponding interpretation to it "is to impose a limit on that text".

Readers must thus separate a literary work from its creator in order to liberate the text from interpretive tyranny.

This. The Hobbit being shit still pisses me off, because it could've been pretty amazing.

Most actors actually looked like their drawn characters in that movie, it was jaw dropping.

Frasier as beast in that shitty xmen film was amazing.

I got worried that you wouldn't show up m8, keep up the good work