“We have incredible franchises on the features side such as The Matrix...

>“We have incredible franchises on the features side such as The Matrix. We’d love to work with George Miller on furthering the Mad Max franchise.”

slashfilm.com/future-of-warner-bros/

It would be so easy to make some Matrix universe.

Attached: wb.jpg (678x416, 44K)

It's taking those cunts long enough to make another Mad Max, those fuckiers better hurry Miller is already 80 or some shit.

Attached: 1400994843575.jpg (900x900, 142K)

I can see, they are making more Mad Max movies assuming the lawsuit with Miller is settled.
>The Matrix
Is this going to be another sequel or going to be one of those sequel-reboot where they just ignore the second movies onward?

What they should do is just reboot it, at least plot wise. Keep the sentinel and ship designs fairly close to the originals and keep the same kinda aesthetics.
Then when Neo, or whatever they call the main character/The One now makes it to the Architect, he greets them as the 2nd/3rd/4th/5th Anomaly and explains that there have been others before him and gives him the same choice that he gave Neo (The 6th Anomaly) in the original movies, but unlike Neo, the current Anomaly chooses to go to the Source Code and reboot the Matrix as he was suppose to.

There was once a time when the idea of a Matrix reboot would have had me really excited. Now, I only feel a sense of dread at what they might do to the lore. They certainly weren't perfect movies, but they were good enough that they don't deserve to be destroyed.

>wb
they are done with capeshit?

wouldnt creating franchises out of those create shared universes?

Attached: ABB56C42-A3C9-44C2-A84A-954B37EBA8EA.gif (498x241, 2.21M)

His birthday is today actually and he's only 74.
Wasn't there huge hype and speculation a sequal was already planned out after the inital hype of fury road? Seems miller may have changed his mind with wb trying to win him back on this idea.

I remember 10 years ago thinking about how amazing Star Wars sequels will be.

Didn't WB already fuck over Miller on the Wasteland so he's walked away?

They are not making it as shared universe (for now). But they will still make stand alone movies, capeshit or otherwise.

That's actually good news.

Maybe a prequel about what Trinity and Morpheus did in the Matrix before getting to the real world could work, they could also explain what Neo did before the events of the first movie.

Matrix/Mad Max shared universe?

i would love to know that the fuck happens after the truce made by neo and the architect in revolutions.

I mean, the architect agree to let free minds roam in the matrix and keep waking people. So, what the fuck is happening there?
A new chosen one.
Would free minds help the architect to chase rogue programs?
I dont know man... there is a lot of shit to explore in that universe.

>fewer shared universes
Thank god! Shared universe is a meme.

I hope the Kaijuverse still sticks around.

No, just sequels unless they make spin offs or whatever.
Shared universes is a nebulous concept in the first place.

there's some kind of copyright dispute over his sequels.

The Matrix is a classic because of the first movie. People remember and loved it because it explores our perception of reality, and gave a relatively new concept that explains supernatural and metaphysical events. Sequels dove too much into the lore and fantasy and abandoned psychological and metaphysical concepts.
Robot wars, zion, and the architect can suck a dick and anything exploring a chronological sequel to the trilogy will be a load of pure shite.

it was never about metaphysics, it was about society, and sequels did that perfectly

This would be a really good idea, so they probably won’t do it. Instead, we’ll get “what if neo was a girl?!?”