Has there ever been a bigger case of "Pleb filter" to hit Yea Forums than this?

Has there ever been a bigger case of "Pleb filter" to hit Yea Forums than this?

Attached: MV5BMTY0ODc2NTc0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDcyNTAwNzM@._V1_.jpg (1013x1500, 576K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2o88vhwn4u4&t=
imdb.com/title/tt0091724/
deadline.com/2019/02/stephen-dorff-cast-deputy-fox-pilot-rich-deal-eone-movie-project-david-ayer-1202566606/
youtube.com/watch?v=QuKZJqbiyGk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's funny as fuck watching season 2 contrarians pretend TD2 was better.

>using the word pleb ironically

Attached: 1551374644880.gif (554x400, 135K)

It's good because now only true patricians will watch Season 4

Attached: wjiaa7nng5z11.jpg (506x316, 37K)

>Pleb filter
It was middlebrow trash, only a few television shows have ever come close to being patrician-tier and TD isn't one of them

sorry but you've been filtered, son

>It's funny as fuck watching season 2 contrarians pretend TD2 was better.
It possibly could have been, provided they replaced vaughn

Nope Gaycop and McAdams were forgettable S2 was generic as fuck

>Nope Gaycop and McAdams were forgettable S2 was generic as fuck
Hating women doesn't make you interesting. McAdams was great.

She did a fine job as an actress I just thought the character was boring. Same with Gaycop

indie movies?

ie primer etc

Yep. Anyone who bitched about this kino season is a huge brainlet and missed the point.

Watched it all in one sitting. Seemed pretty mediocre overall. I liked the Alzheimer's stuff but for some reason I felt like I had seen the ending before. Felt strange.

what was the point then?

should have dropped those 2 and focused on ray and frank

Plebs = S1
Contratians = S2
Patrician = S3

I don't see what's so pleb filter about it. It was a good season, but it was generally smooth sailing and really only the first and the last two episodes had tension. The rest of the show was too fragmented to be tense. The conflict in the story was really just about character incompetence and bursts of excess anger rather than the plot.

It's derivative trash you absolute fucking moron, you aren't smart for liking dog shit television.

Is season 3 similar to season 1 with the Lovecraft references, cinematography and satanic cults or it it just another generic cop drama like TD s2?

>s season 3 similar to season 1 with the Lovecraft references, cinematography and satanic cults or it it just another generic cop drama like TD s2?
3 touches on cultish iconography, but it's really about the two detectives more than anything else, the case is secondary

t. Saul Goodman

it was pure kino until the abrupt finale. The show clearly had more episodes it need to be fleshed out, or a much longer finale. HBO are faggots on this one.

Worst finale I've ever seen

>forgettable
>generic
Why do you keep posting this? Why are trying to convince people that season 3 was good?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-02 (0) tv - Archived - oh I member, dem keedz - Television Film - 4chan.png (1005x126, 13K)

>The show clearly had more episodes it need to be fleshed out
What needed to be fleshed out?

it's easily the best season and i'm not memeing

>I need my echo chamber!

Fact. Including the first season.

Unironically no there hasn't been. Season 3 was kino and so was the finale. The reaction here really surprised me, but I was a fool to be so surprised there would be so many brainlets here. It's the best finale this show has had easily and an excellent ending.

Attached: pepes in carcosa now.png (1022x669, 441K)

She's hot as fuck but the character wasn't interesting at all.

It started out strong. By the last episode I was bored with it. It had great potential.

For me it’s 1>2>3

>Nothing Happens: The Show

Yep, you have to be so pleb to like this pile of shit

>but it's really about the two detectives more than anything else

I will always laugh at this. Roland gets no insight into his personal life until 2015, but the story is really about the detectives? Is that what you have to say to cope with the fact that the case itself is more shallow than a Law & Order episode?

Season 2 faggots are literally incapable of defending their shit season

>Yep, you have to be so pleb to like this pile of shit
Did you miss the 8 episodes of character drama? Or were you expecting Cthulhu to come popping out of the closet?
>Roland gets no insight into his personal life until 2015, but the story is really about the detectives?
Yes? How is what you posted a mark against it? Some people drift for decades at a time.

>more shallow than a Law & Order episode?
lol can you give me an episode of law & order that explores things like futility of time and the dynamic between multiple timelines? I don’t get why anti S3 faggots are so rabid. If you’re gunna critique the show don’t use just straight hyperbole

The Witch is the most effective pleb filter I've ever seen.

watched the last episode yesterday
pizza latte is a fucking hack

Yeah dude you have to be a pleb to not enjoy 3 hours of screentime spent on Black Actor Man and Writer Wife having the same fucking argument over and over. Pure KINO.

And nothing beats having the entire investigation being exposition dumped in 5 minutes.

>Missing girl ends up helping the lost detective find where he is.
Pure irony kino

What fucking character drama? The wife and purple arguing about the same thing for 20 years?

>What fucking character drama? The wife and purple arguing about the same thing for 20 years?
They weren't arguing about the same thing for 20 years. And how about the relationship between the detectives, which takes up almost the same amount of time. Or the relationship with his son and daughter.

Objectively worse than S1.

S3 was kino but S1 managed to be kino AND exciting.

Attached: 1508969112002.png (377x409, 238K)

I was talking about THE CASE, dumbass. The actual crime was as shallow as a Law & Order episode.

>kid gets pushed over
>dies

Attached: 1551464842163.png (483x470, 184K)

It was shit. I dropped it after 3 episodes. They barely had any characterisation at all, at that point.

enlighten us

>I was talking about THE CASE, dumbass. The actual crime was as shallow as a Law & Order episode.
I would even say it was LESS complicated than the average Law& Order episode. But again, it was never the point.

Whats hard to believe about that? People die from falling down stars all the time

it was okay but the hamfisted racism seemed out of place

s3 was good but i felt the run-up to the ending was badly executed. it felt too meandering like s2. pizza needs fukunaga to tighten his shit up.

i understand the fucking point retard, getting that point across with a character who had a total of forty seconds of screentime making an expository dump that retroactively rendered the second half of the season nothing but four and a half hours of red herrings is objectively SHIT writing. you are a dumb FUCKER.

>i understand the fucking point retard, getting that point across with a character who had a total of forty seconds of screentime making an expository dump that retroactively rendered the second half of the season nothing but four and a half hours of red herrings is objectively SHIT writing. you are a dumb FUCKER.
The case was never the point of the season brainlet.

>no dude it was SUPPOSED to be shit!!

You must be trolling. The daughter doesn't even exist outside the walmart scene and the ending.

The son just drives him around? they barely talk about anything except their one convo about him failing as a dad or whatever.

And the detective's relationship takes a backseat to purple and his wife arguing about the same shit over and over. I would bet there is more screentime spend on hayes+wife than the two detectives.

>Lovecraft references
fuck off reddit

You are a moron

Bravo pizza
Fair argument. Dorff and Mahershala are comfier than Woody and McConaughey though

Season 1 actually had no Lovecraft references, 3 had a very minor one. I assume it was slipped in there because the Ligotti/Chambers references in S1 got so much attention.

So what was the point? There were three timelines running concurrently to tell a boring character drama? At least in season one, the personal relationships reached their zenith. That never happens in season three, but we get layer upon layer of who gives a shit bickering between Hays and Amelia.

Season one had a good mystery with interesting characters. Season three had a terrible mystery and flat characters. It spends so much time on Hays and his personal life, but we get nothing out of it. There is no payoff.

uh, no? retard? the case was the central driving mechanic behind all character development

>fuck
>fuck
>shit
>cunts
>SQUARE HEADS
>rinse and repeat

Does anybody hate this show though?

>That never happens in season three
Yes it does
>uh, no? retard? the case was the central driving mechanic behind all character development
The case brings people together, but the entire point of the season was the detectives themselves.

dem keeds......discase..........rowlin.........henery..............salacan thank of........

>I would bet there is more screentime spend on hayes+wife than the two detectives.
Is this a problem?

Purple Hays was much less cringe than Rust

Season 1 was supposed to be about an Elder God awakening from a sacrifice before HBO and the writers caved to their sense of going the cautious route.

Yikes

Seeing as how it goes fucking nowhere, doesn't move the plot forward unless you count her force ghost exposition and her character literally just disappears. Yeah, it is a problem. Not even getting into how weak of a character she was to begin with. Pizza simply can't write interesting women. He is a total hack.

>Cringing at Rust.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I hate you.

Rust has only become cringe to you because you (would've) adored him as a teenager.

>Pleb filter
Are you trolling? S3 was the most accessible of them all. It was like they were mandated to dumb the notorious existentialism down to a relatable level for the sake of widening the show's demographic. If anything it was a patrician filter. The entire mystery of the show gets spoonfed to the audience in the final episode. Very much dumbed down from S1 and S2.

>not cringing at Rust
hows high school going?

Rust is cringe to me because he says cliche edgy shit

>it goes fucking nowhere
That's the point. Think about it.

Rust is teenage Fight Club-tier idealism
Hays is normie
Rowland is literally Yea Forums

dem pursell keedz rowlin...ooohh ahhh oooh ooh

Attached: true-detective-mahershala-ali_.jpg (825x464, 65K)

*sorry meant roland

>Hays is normie
Hays isn't quite a normie I think they struck a good balance

Thanks for proving me right.

ali did a pretty good job playing a senile old man but the problem was he seemed to stay in that character in every timeline and ended up mumbling all of his lines to the point where i couldn't understand him half the time and had to turn closed captioning on. didn't help that he was a NInah, not gonna say it, but i'm thinking it

>wahhhh mommy someone is talking bad about muh rust

If it didnt have the true detective name people here wouldnt even talk about it

Attached: 1549598837076.jpg (500x373, 152K)

they were shit detectives, not a single cased solved in over 20 years
>ayoo Rawlin
>we gotta find Looh-See
>oohh ahh ooh
>I didnt find no Lou Sea after all this time, I guess, I wuz no True Detective.
Bravo PizzaGelato

Kek. He's wrong with his shit but calling it cliche or teenager talk is completely retarded. Be honest and admit you loved him when you watched it first and only later (if ever) understood the show's ending.

Part of the quality of a TV show is it's ability to get you to watch it

>but calling it cliche or teenager talk is completely retarded.
Absolutely is cliche, you think I haven't heard this same philosophy of nihilism before?

>Be honest and admit you loved him when you watched it first and only later (if ever) understood the show's ending.
lol I love the passive agressiveness

The real case was the friendship they formed along the way

>It was middlebrow trash
Takes one to know one.

Wife a qt. Would fuck in every timeline.

Yes, S2

BRAVO Pizza Latte

S2babbies need to leave this thread

This, for recent tv show

Attached: 1534416987458.jpg (690x979, 119K)

Having heard something before doesn't make it cliche, you fucking retard. And I'd be actually surprised if you heard any of the phrases before.
>lol I love the passive agressiveness
And I love your inability to deny

I'm through two episodes so far. Really like it. Watching it for the Hinds-Menzies Rome nostalgia

Yikes

Same. Funny how AMC evolved, while HBO has become fan fiction-tier and doesn't even impress with production anymore.

That's an unexpectedly good point.

Attached: (You).png.png.png.png (636x359, 332K)

Tbf you have to have an extremely high iq to truly appreciate season 3

>And I'd be actually surprised if you heard any of the phrases before.
lol faggot like I haven't read Ligotti before. why do brainlets like you assume everyone else knows just as little as them?

>And I love your inability to deny
Seething

Ali had an Arkansas accent. That's how they talk

Proving my point again, tracing it back to Ligotti (who is pretty niche at that).

t. someone who bleeds black cock

Why do all of Pizzamans seasons take place in the sunbelt. Should have one take place in New Jersey or Maine or Montana

Just because it achieved what it wanted to doesn't make it good writing.

Im on episode 2. Should I continue?

Binge all 6 of the rest in one sitting

Yes

>Has there ever been a bigger case of "Pleb filter" to hit Yea Forums than this?

True Detective Season 2

I know I didn't

Attached: 1550931650830.png (1366x2557, 2.32M)

>Maine
That'd be something. Season 1, and to a lesser extent season 3 did the southern gothic thing well but I've had enough. Another season of that shit would just feel like straight up parody. Parts of S3 came close...

The true pleb filter was S2 TD

Sure, but this is one of those extremely rare times that I recommend watching a show with subtitles.

Rust and Marty are revealed to be the killers. Saved you a few hours

cringe

This.

Vaughn was the best part, fuck you

>Vaughn was the best part, fuck you
You actually enjoyed his hammy acting? The fuck is wrong with you?

Yeah anyone who liked it was a redditor, makes it easy to spot them

why do people keep talking about "muh character drama!" when the characters aren't exactly fleshed out or well written?

Sharp Objects pretty much did the same slow burning murder mystery that focuses on the town and its characters better over True Detective because the characters actually have depth and their actions have weight behind them.

>i didn't get that SHIT you wanted from Wommart
Pizzaman really nailed the "dad struggling with a trip to Wal-Mart" aesthetic

Attached: 1551293299391.jpg (598x714, 303K)

>when the characters aren't exactly fleshed out or well written
You are a moron

Attached: hide-the-pain-harold-trying-to-smile-meme-mobile-wallpaper-800x1280-20331-1387213964.jpg (426x426, 54K)

t. actual redditor regurgitating a basic bitch reddit-approved upboat-bait opinion. you have never had an original thought in your life and you likely never will. do not reply to me, i already know you're going to respond with some typical "cringe" or "yikes" or "cope" or some shit, maybe a pepe or a wojak. you aren't even human.

>still using pepe and irony as an attempt at comedy in 2019

Who was in the wrong here?

Attached: 1540102778687.webm (640x360, 2.05M)

Dorffs character wasn't fleshed out at all, what are you trying to imply? I like how Hays wife said how her book is about "the town, and it's people", implying the show would go in the same direction, but they give you nothing but throw away facts that go nowhere and don't offer any depth to the characters.

>Dorffs character wasn't fleshed out at all
Yes he was

nice cope but he literally wasn't.

>nice cope but he literally wasn't.
Yes he was

Attached: Screen-Shot-2019-01-26-at-11.15.33-PM.jpg (650x380, 89K)

roland

If I disliked season 1 will I like the other two any more?

Depends. Why did you dislike S1?

I think it was supposed to be more about the two main characters and the contrast between them more than anything but I didn't find that relationship that compelling. I liked the two of them more as the season went on but the arch wasn't worth 8 episodes to me. Also, many of the scenes that were supposed to be shocking or unsettling came across as humorous to me so I think that took me out of the show from time to time.

S2 has 4 Main characters (less time for each) and the characters in S3 are so painfully bland, I stopped watching. Try S2 if you want, not sure if you'll like it any more though.

Okay, thanks. I guess I was hoping for more of a focus on the occult.

Yes.

Attached: leftovers_ver20_xxlg.jpg (1921x3000, 617K)

This was actually good. Sometimes Time is what heals itself.

It gets much, much less with the other two seasons. If you're in for occult however, try Penny Dreadful if you haven't already.

but the lost detective will keep losing himself even worse in the future so it doesn't really mean anything for the detective.

>Yes it does
What? The most we get is Hays trying to break up with Amelia in 1980, which we know won't happen. I don't need Roland to fuck Hays's wife or anything, but there is no payoff to the personal relationships. We get an underwhelming mystery, and then we get flashbacks to Wayne and Amelia having the same argument over and over again.

Sure, the season hints that there might have been something interesting that happened between Hays and West, but nothing ever happens. Compared to season one, the crime isn't interesting at all and the detectives aren't, either.

S2 was shit desu

Yes, True Detective S2

True Detective S2 did approach patrician tier, I agree on the rest though.

>Dorffs character wasn't fleshed out at all
Which is so strange, because he takes up a significant portion of the story. Did Pizza want Ali to be the main focus of the story or not? He gives Dorff a significant amount of screentime, but gives no exploration into his personal life. West's life only exists relative to Hays's.

I fucking hated the ending, but as time goes on and on Im actually liking it more and more
I dont know why

Purple hays was literally an autist. He only got a gf because she was using him for information on the case lol

It was never meant to be about the ocult
It was about wounded people and about healing

too much shitposting does that to you

Amelia has zero redeeming qualities

Because it's not actually a bad ending, it's just different from what you wanted it to be. The show is called True Detective not True Cthulhu.

What was he looking at?

Attached: image.jpg (1276x725, 382K)

This and only this.
This should be posted in every TD thread

If I said that was a lowbrow comment, would you be smart enough to know what I meant?

Attached: nureddit.jpg (236x236, 11K)

>It was never meant to be about the ocult

Then it was bad. Season one covered the same themes in a far better way. Pizza used THREE FUCKING TIMELINES and a cover-up conspiracy to tell a boring story about a botched abduction.

At least I cared about Rust and Marty. Hays and West were hinted at having a huge falling out, but nothing came out of it. Season's three's finale is good if one wants to see a breakup that they know isn't going to happen, because the characters were married for 30+ years. The crime doesn't matter because everybody involved is dead by 2015. Hays "confronting" Julie doesn't matter, because it would serve no purpose. Hays's son possibly finding out the truth doesn't matter, because I doubt he would blow up Julie's life for no reason.

The personal aspects of season one are still talked about on here five years later. In five years, will people be talking about how much they loved Wayne and Amelia's 50th argument?

maybe its because it was the delivery that was godawful and not the plot line

Sick of seeing this nigger's face on my Yea Forums board.

You're going to get a lot of hate responses from /pol/cucks that have conniptions from black people being in lead roles, but you're right. S3 was a very solid season. Ending was somewhat weak but no weaker than S1's.

>Because it's not actually a bad ending, it's just different from what you wanted it to be.

It's The Last Jedi all over again. "It defied expectations"=/=good storytelling.

>The show is called True Detective not True Cthulhu.

That's not even a valid excuse for this season, because barely anybody was expecting a supernatural aspect to come in to play. "It's about the characters," doesn't work when the second most important character is given barely any examination into his personal life.

Brand recognition is powerful, but saying that it was marketed well doesn't mean that enjoying it is somehow a lie.

The entire season is literally nothing with a big bamboozle reveal at the very end, with only two enjoyable scenes (the shootout and Purple/Roland crying like bitches)

This season was fucking trash and it, along with season 2, is an embarrassment that it shares the same title as season 1. Fucking @ me, incels.

Attached: general advice.png (720x404, 282K)

Had some road bumps, but I really miss The Leftovers.

God

>literally mentally ill

Stay on your containment board, stormfaggot.

Attached: 1542696148099.png (720x569, 352K)

>with only two enjoyable scenes (the shootout and Purple/Roland crying like bitches)
How about when they fuck up Haris? How about when Hays gets lost in the last ep?

>d-don't make fun of my kino niggers

Attached: 1532630422800.jpg (300x227, 14K)

s3 woke af tbqh
Based hidden nigure outsmarted the patriarchy

>How about when Hays gets lost in the last ep?
Why would the viewer care about that? Hays figured out the mystery already. Why would he even need to get out of his car? Julie wasn't a serial killer, so there's no tension in Hays remembering who she is. The scene was directed like there were heavy stakes, but there were no stakes at all.

>How about when Hays gets lost in the last ep?
That was good because at least it was fucking over.

You're obssessed and retarded
Go outside incel, you see /pol/ everywhere now

>literally mentally ill

Attached: 1548131274679.png (225x321, 169K)

>Why would the viewer care about that?
It plays into the futility of time theme of the entire season. I really liked it for how tragic it was

>Why would he even need to get out of his car?
He doesn't know where he is and asks the closest person to him for directions

>Julie wasn't a serial killer, so there's no tension in Hays remembering who she is.
That's not what the scene was going for. I though the ending to this season was much more appropriate then the silly carcosa boss fight we got at the end of S1

God

>It plays into the futility of time theme of the entire season. I really liked it for how tragic it was
Tragic how? That has to be the happiest ending in True Detective. Not only does Julie cope and adjust with what happened to her, the guy who was crushing on her, got her AND had a family with her.

Wayne wasn't on the cusp of blowing up a conspiracy. The only thing there was "boohoo, I can't remember anymore."

>He doesn't know where he is and asks the closest person to him for directions

>He doesn't know where he is and asks the closest person to him for directions
You misunderstand. Wayne conveniently drop's Amelia's book on the exact page that describes Mike, the guy he just so happened to meet that day. He then has an epiphany and realizes that Julie is still alive.

Once Wayne goes to Julie's house and confirms his suspicion, why would the audience care if he got out of his car or not? He didn't have a relationship with her. They have never spoken to each other before. There is no tension because it doesn't matter if he remembers or not.

>That's not what the scene was going for. I though the ending to this season was much more appropriate then the silly carcosa boss fight we got at the end of S1
At least season one had tension in its ending. That "silly carcosa boss fight" was more interesting that an old man finding out the truth 35-fucking-years after the fact.

>The scene was directed like there were heavy stakes, but there were no stakes at all.
She's litteraly the girl he's been looking for the last 35y and she's right in front of him, except he doesnt realize because he forgot why he was here in the first place

It's not a "tense" scene, but the stakes are here.

I don't hate it
But I think it was very mediocre

>Tragic how?
Right when Hays figures out the case, a case which has took him 30+ years up to that point to piece together, he forgets it cuz of his dementia. I think that is pretty tragic

>The only thing there was "boohoo, I can't remember anymore."
I think you're doing it a bit of a diservice by boiling it down to that. The entire season set up this dementia and I thought it had a good payoff

>why would the audience care if he got out of his car or not?
The entire show is built around the disappearence of this girl. I certainly was interested in the protagonist meeting her were you not?

>That "silly carcosa boss fight" was more interesting that an old man finding out the truth 35-fucking-years after the fact.
I just think this is a fundamental disagrement between us. You prefer the more action oriented S1 while I prefer the more personal character driven S3. It's just a matter of preference I think

>1-7
Pure kino
>8
Pure shit

They don't explain why Roland ended up never marrying and living alone with a load of doggos

Also do they ever explain how the wife died?

What stakes are there? He already realized that that was Julie. That's why he went to Mike's house in the first place.

>Right when Hays figures out the case, a case which has took him 30+ years up to that point to piece together, he forgets it cuz of his dementia. I think that is pretty tragic
He already figured out the case before that.

>The entire show is built around the disappearence of this girl. I certainly was interested in the protagonist meeting her were you not?
No, I wasn't. The protagonist meeting her wouldn't have given me any kind of payoff with the way it was set up.

>I just think this is a fundamental disagrement between us. You prefer the more action oriented S1 while I prefer the more personal character driven S3. It's just a matter of preference I think
Roland West had ZERO character development outside of the case. The only time we get insight into his character is when Wayne is around.

Season three is more character driven? Then why are there no interesting characters arcs? Can you honestly, with a straight face, say that anything that happened between Roland and Hays was as interesting as the fight between Rust and Marty? And before you get hung-up on the "fight" part, the buildup and the fallout between them is what made it interesting. There wasn't nothing half as interesting between Roland and Hays.

how does it matter if he forgets it when hes going to fucking forget everything anyways. its not like there was anything he could have said to her in the moment and even if he did he would just forget having done that too.

pizza is a hack

dunno if they will make a season 4 tho

pizza explained on twitter or instagram or some shit that she died of cancer. apparently that wasn't a part of this epic "character driven" series though.

fucking hack shouldn't get anymore work after this disaster.

>Roland West had ZERO character development outside of the case

Sorry sweaty he went from a people person to a dog person because of.. a bar fight? or his guilt for having killed someone who was a total piece of shit? and uhhhh thats some big character development i mean its sooo tragic I was in tears when he hugged that doggo!

BASED PIZZA!

most average season of a show ever

was ok but the characters and plot weren't that likable

>He already figured out the case before that.
Yes and then he completely forgets it, it was the emphasis of the scene where Hays gets lost

>Roland West had ZERO character development outside of the case.
What are you talking about? He was developed in the 2015 timeline, 1990 timeline, and given a lot of time in the finale. I agree he could've been developed more but to suggest he had zero development outside the case is nonsense

>Then why are there no interesting characters arcs?
I disagree. I thought Hays character in particular was engaging especially with the dementia dynamic. Hays arc across the timelines was pretty cool

>Can you honestly, with a straight face, say that anything that happened between Roland and Hays was as interesting as the fight between Rust and Marty?
Honestly yes the scene where they beat Haris was one of the standouts of the whole series. Especially with the fight Hays and Roland get into.

youtube.com/watch?v=2o88vhwn4u4&t=

>There wasn't nothing half as interesting between Roland and Hays.
Honestly I really don't see how you can come away with this season with that. The scenes between Roland and Hays were all very good.

Could you explain what you think Hays arc was? Do you even actually know what a character arc is?

Great acting, absolutely dogshit script. If it didn't have the name True Detective and the great performances nobody would be talking about this. It's an extremely mediocre plot.

Season 2 was amazing never understood the dummies who didn't like it

I think there's a few different interpretations of Wayne's arc but I believe it to be him growing to feel responsible in solving the Purcell case after initially being disenchanted by it due to the investigation and cover up. I think his decision to go back to the case also has a lot to do with his wife and the regret and reponsibility he feels towards her

>Do you even actually know what a character arc is?
lol so passive aggressive

It felt like a generic cop show with mostly forgettable characters and hammy performance by Vaughn. TD3 at the very least played around with some interesting ideas

dem keeds

Could have just said you don't know what a character arc is instead of just embarrassing yourself like that.

Feel free to explain why I'm wrong instead of being passive aggressive like a woman

Why'd he do this? Have to kill time for the finale or what?

YOU

And it did nothing with them.

>Main character with dementia?

Oh, that could be interesting. There could be an unreliable narrator aspect to the st--oops, never mind. It doesn't factor into the case at all.

>three timelines

Also unnecessary. Everything solved itself decades before the 2015 portion even started.

At least season one had an overarching conspiracy that influenced the plot. The only thing season three defenders have left is the "character development," but there is none.

We were getting boring arguments that we heard a million times, in the fucking season finale. We're hopping through several timelines to tell a boring story. Season three is just wasted potential. It's like Fargo all over again.

discase

Cringe, and very bluepilled

dem keeds

I know you are but what am I?

formerly kucks

>da prushell caysh

Follow-up to one of the best Buddy Cop pieces of media of our generation. Lethal Weapon? 48 Hours? Turner & Hooch? Fuck all that old shit! It's pretty easy to understand why people were disappointed.

>futility of time
What the fuck does that even mean? Futility of time. Like time has a purpose.
>oh the futility of space!
>oh the abruptness of egos!
Stop saying odd shit. It doesn't make you smart.

>the dynamic between multiple timelines?
Literally every fucking Cold Case episode

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg (400x250, 27K)

>People hated the finale of season 1 because it wasn't grimdark Cthulu
>People hated season 2
>People hated the ending of season 3 because it wasn't a crossover between season 3 and 1

>The case was never the point of the season brainlet.
Except it literally took almost ALL of the screen time. Stop lying just because you think it makes you sound smart. Watch the season again and just count how much screentime is spent on every character investigating the case alone. This season is much more plot centered than S1 and S2. It's not character driven at all. Stop lying

Dying like a dumbass is something I fear all the time.

My job is literally walking around and staring a mail while I do it and managing not to trip and skip on ice.

I disliked the ending of this season because he filled the season with red herrings and then it turns out to be quite a banal case which is solved through an old man just telling them it and the ultimately through a vision. We don't even get to see Roland meet Julie because his magic dementia kicks in as the plot needs yet again.

No. Leave it at when Saulnier left

Can we have a Purple Hays LERPing in Nam spin-off?

Woodard spinoff would be better

It was the exact same thing with season 1. People complaining about red herrings, loose strings, and their pet theories not panning out. Nope, it was green ears.

sallacanthikabou

Eh it ended being pretty tame but Ali was great.
Thing is there was too much distraction between all the potential suspects, the satanic motives, the creepy cousin and it ended up being Michael Rooker replacing his grand-daughter to ease his daughter's pain...uneventful especially when you consider all the pain and death that the case brought.
Also I found the detective work to be very sloppy, the case got closed twice but they never seemed to follow the good leads, kept missing stuff.
Nice setting, good cast, but the script was kinda weak.
I had good hopes when they started popping bennies, like the beginning of an Ellroy book, but then when got into his family issues which weren't that interesting.

It was one big ad for whiskey

Attached: wank.jpg (739x415, 24K)

He never misses. I have a boner for native americans going ham. Loved it in Fargo as well.

The one time Hanzee fucked up the bar was pure kino

based. only patrician shows are dekalogue and typ

That was great. I'd watch a full movie of it. Crazy Vietnam vet going rogue after something set him off.

you should watch this kino then
imdb.com/title/tt0091724/

Attached: MV5BNDg3NWJmMmUtZDM2MC00ZTBlLTg0ZTAtYjk1ZjJjOTUwZjk3L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5MjA3OA@@._V1_[1].jpg (1875x2859, 820K)

watch rolling thunder

BCS and young Pope are patrician

Old man acting was terrible and unwatchable

Thanks lads. Sounds like it's going to be a comfy Saturday.

>Purple Hays... my man.
Good season overall, Dorff was the best part of it though. Hope he gets more roles after this.

Attached: roland.jpg (650x366, 29K)

>Also I found the detective work to be very sloppy,
I think that was kind of the point. Neither Hays nor Roland seemed to be all that good at their jobs desu.

Away rabbi

I love this film

At least they gave closure to the mystery of what Rust was shooting at in Season 1.

He has actually.

deadline.com/2019/02/stephen-dorff-cast-deputy-fox-pilot-rich-deal-eone-movie-project-david-ayer-1202566606/

The ending to Season 3 made it all worth it, made it hard to decide which is the best season our of 2 or 3.

Attached: 1436778178449.png (269x262, 88K)

thiss

based

How could they have possible fleshed it out any more than they did

>black actor steals the role from a white actor and demands the script be change from a white detective into a black detective
>worst season

POTTERY, AROUND BLACKS NEVER RELAX

the part where junius tells the entire story, along with the flashbacks was literally straight out of cold case. just horrible.
i watched episode one of s1 and it's literally better and more exciting than the entirety of s3

what is that tinfoil bullshit user

>the part where junius tells the entire story, along with the flashbacks was literally straight out of cold case. just horrible.
It's not about the mystery, dude. It's about Wayne and Amelia having the same argument over and over again.

>i didn't care about amelia
>i didn't care about julie

am i sexist lads?

>Gone Baby Gone stretched out for 8 hours

Didn't you just imply you were yourself middle brow by making yourself the target of a criticism that wasn't even directed at you?

seriously, what the fuck was the point of this scene?

Even sufferers of dementia can't escape their past.

>dynamic between multiple timelines

No dynamic existed, the show just spliced the three timelines together and hamfisted 'synchronicity' with no finesse.

>futility of time

It never really touched on the futility of time, that's a very forced interpretation of depth by simply arguing that an absence of meaning is in itself meaning. The role of time in the show was completely superficial, you're digging too deep to justify a show that ultimately was about Hays relationship with his wife. To call this season a long episode of Law and Order is an insult to Law and Order. It was closer to an episode of Desperate Housewives.

Perhaps most disappointing of all is how many TD apologists there are, even a bad show can have value if it breaks new ground. The most artistically bankrupt shows are the ones that have nothing new to say at all. But people are happy to just mindlessly consume the same garbage over and over ad nauseum if there are cool visuals and a nice soundtrack. See: capeshitters.

Dog

You guys do know the end is him fucking dying don't you?

He lost his mind, that's what. Got lost in the mind jungle.

His soul leaving. They kind of cheat by doing it twice, with him and his wife walking into the light and then him going into the jungle, but it works so whatever.
The gasp and then zoom into his eye is clearly his last breath. Kinda shocked some people didn't get that.

>Kinda shocked some people didn't get that.
Well no surprise since he's been doing those flashback faces throughout the whole show.

Most un-fucked a series has ever been. Like imagine going from a semi interesting but ultimately predictable and generic to something as inspired as S3.

Aside from the cool transitions, is there any actual reason the story couldn't be linear?

Hays and Amelia never had an interesting relationship. From the first moment it was obvious that there was no chemistry. Their problems in the 80s and in the 90s are still the same. There's no change, no improvement. Building the show around a failed relationship never made any sense. This is not a couple that starts well and then starts to shatter due to the events of the show, this is a couple that from day 1 already has those problems (Amelia gives him her phone number while she's with another man, in example). The ratio between investigation and drama was not good, especially when this drama was just not interesting at all.

No couple is perfect, what matters is the love they were able to make together. Look at that happy family at the end.
That's really the point of the season I think, he thought he had to solve the case but his family was really what his life was about.

This, I can accept the ending, but the editing felt wrong in a way that I can't pinpoint but just feel.

Keed's Feed And Sneed

It was about his family but his daughter is barely even explored? We get three fucking timelines for a mediocre mystery and arguments between spouses? We need two fights between Wayne and Amelia in the finale? That's the selling point or True Detective?

If it's about the characters, then make it interesting. Don't leave Roland's personal life completely unexplored, and then say it's all about the characters.

Spotted the retard pleb.

Must'a missed the scene at the bar, you dumb fucking truck.

They should have cut most of the family thing.
I would have loved a better mystery but the "secret illuminati pedo rings" is tiresome. I guess many things would have been better than accidental death and Hoyt appearing for 2 minutes.
I really enjoyed Hays, especially the vet angle but he got tangled in the family things and stopped tracking people high on amphetamines which is a pity.
Found Roland too "southern flavored" at first but he grew on me and his older self was very likeable.

Roland is the true victim here. Dorff acted his ass off for nothing.

>Ali revealed how he convinced creator Nic Pizzolatto he was the right guy for the job, which was originally written for a white man. He said, “What was on my mind when I approached Nic was my grandma, who told me, ‘All they can do is say no.’”
youtube.com/watch?v=QuKZJqbiyGk

He was a bootlicker ready to bend over for the good masters tho

He didn't steal or demanded anything but convinced Pizzolatto that he was the "right guy for the job". Had Pizzolatto not wanted him he could have cast Channing Tatum or some random witeboi.

Nobody forced Pizzolatto to hire Ali.

>Le bleed black cock man
Am I supposed to feel sympathy for this guy? He knows (snitches) in prisons who do favors for him?

There was actually a fourth timeline randomly added for when Hays' daughter was going to college for the first time. All so we can see another moment of dementia and confusion from him. The script played loose and fast with the continuity all season for no real reason other than as a gimmick and so they could film cheesy scene transitions of Hays looking off camera to himself in another timeline

And there is Hays listening in on one of Amelia's college lectures, which happened some time in the 90's.

The 2015 portion would have worked better if Amelia wasn't fucking dead for years. Why spend so much time on a relationship spanning decades, and then do nothing with it in the end. The audience already knows that Wayne and Amelia were married until her death, so what's the point of showing their fights over and over again? That's what a True Detective finale is for?

First post worst post

Totally ruined my immersion.

>The entire season is literally nothing with a big bamboozle reveal at the very end, with only two enjoyable scenes

so... just like s1 + nigger mc

I'm rubber and your glue, what you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

2 season>1 season>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dried up dog turd>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>used tampon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The force awakens>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Season 3.

Attached: 1535026638103.jpg (500x400, 34K)

>hints a big conspiracy of powerful people running pedo human trafficking rings
>mystery occult stuff, too?
>lol nope
>crazy daughter just wanted to adopt the girl from a crackwhore
>lol the boy died by accident hitting his head on a rock
Such a dumb and shit plot I felt pissed and cheated

>The force awakens>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Season 3.
too far
I found the force awakens enjoyable at least. Why not put the last jedi there instead?

based roland. fucking lol.

>hints a big conspiracy of powerful people running pedo human trafficking rings
>mystery occult stuff, too?
This is exactly what they did in Season 1. Do you want them to just copy/paste that too?

yeah this was the worst part

he should have gotten destroyed and then scene over. him fighting back and winning was marvel tier

I think the converging time lines gimmick was poorly utilized. It was fine throughout the show, but there was no payoff or "OH SHIT" moment. When they were panning around the car as the two detectives were riding along, I was expecting something fucking crazy to go down... and it didn't at all.

Nignog was the most boring detective character to date.

>missing the part about the woolly mammoth
9/10 though, thanks for making it

>True Cthulhu
That made me laugh.
I still would've preferred all the seasons after S1 to be about the satanic pedophile ring