youtube.com/watch?v=w7pYhpJaJW8

Rotten Tomatoes - Critics 60% Audience 94%
rottentomatoes.com/m/alita_battle_angel
IMDB - 7.6/10
imdb.com/title/tt0437086/

Production Cost and Box Office Sales Numbers
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=alita.htm

Previous Thread(Hijacked by trolls):

Attached: 1535178504773.png (1036x1089, 277K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/BYlG93Mse53vqAbk50dyEQ/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/L_F4LRWFHgUS1S5PZTK3VQ/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/rN5gBYHfw8YVfjLnKTRhKA/
youtube.com/watch?v=RkAhIDD1Og0
youtube.com/watch?v=jdQLd94Ix1w
tonymedley.com/2019/Alita_Battle_Angel.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Guys, I just want her to be real.

Attached: download.jpg (1920x1080, 299K)

Did this movie remind anyone else of Pic related?

Attached: v1.jpg (206x305, 32K)

We better see that fucking knife in the future.

>tfw /HealedbyAlita/

Attached: image.jpg (1280x536, 377K)

someone said that chaotic evil is better suited for Grewishka instead of Zapan.

Attached: alita-movie-alignment2.jpg (999x799, 445K)

Reminder to the lurkers. /ABAG/ DOES NOT like pleb trash
the cycle is never wrong
>plebs come to /ABAG/ to shitpost and spew their vitriol and negative opinions about Alita: Battle Angel
>the patrician regular /ABAG/ posters either do not take the bait or tell the plebs to fuck off
>the plebs get bored and leave because they have other threads to shitpost in
>all that's left are the regular /ABAG/ posters
>plebs hate Alita: Battle Angel since it is a near flawless movie that will be discussed on Yea Forums for decades to come

Attached: 1551466149442.jpg (1200x680, 105K)

I have more OC content at home, sorry for lack of posting. WE'RE ALMOST HERE, BOYS. KEEP GOING THIS WEEKEND!

Attached: 569af5531d3f7504cad5645b90742d07.jpg (3840x2160, 551K)

Nova is chaotic neutral

Attached: 1526992252766.png (493x490, 85K)

it's out of theaters here as of yesterday

10000% yes, also spykids because its rodriguez, but it a good way

Zapan is definitely neutral evil, he uses laws when it suits him. Grewishka makes more sense
The D&D alignment system is retarded though and doesn't make any sense anyways

Cast Lou Collins for the eventual sequel.
>cute
>innocent
>shy

what we know about these threads:
>made by people not from Yea Forums
>made by people from facebook/instagram and Yea Forums
>hate actual cinema
>hate Yea Forums and the brotherhood
>pretend they're not capeshitters
>ignore logic and facts™,when presented
>the ones who were here before the movie came out were only around for maybe a month or 2 at most
>they hate old Yea Forums

stupid sexy alita

Attached: 1547510315834.png (1245x888, 2.26M)

You're seeing my movie again right?

Attached: 1551408163515.jpg (1112x1060, 111K)

Attached: 1546694429731.jpg (480x480, 34K)

Requesting the poop 3 panel

I'll go for my 6th time next week in IMAX 3D, God willing

>mfw watching alita

Attached: Me.png (1920x1080, 917K)

what we know about these plebs:
>they are not from Yea Forums
>they are from reddit, tumblr and /pol/
>they hate actual cinema
>they hate Yea Forums and the brotherhood
>they pretend they are the real "Yea Forums"
>they ignore logic and fact, when presented
>they attempt to dox /ABAG/ posters
>they weren't on Yea Forums before Alita: Battle Angel came out and will only be around for maybe a week or 2 at most

Attached: 1550378305615.png (1167x800, 1020K)

Attached: alita underworld.webm (1122x720, 2.08M)

Ha, where do you live?

>>they hate Yea Forums and the brotherhood
But just admit 2 meme arrows above you hate our brother board /pol/
Why can't you keep your story straight?
Also
>ithey

Threadly reminder to ignore the mice and have a good time in /ABAG/

Here's to #99!

Attached: AlitaOJ.png (2000x2325, 418K)

washington state

this, threadly reminder to ignore these fags

nova is true neutral but at the same time he is like a kid catching flies and removing their wings

probably. i hope

Attached: 99.jpg (1000x1000, 205K)

/BFAG/ - Bombita: Flop Angel General

After some snooping also they seem to be redditors

Attached: reddit.png (1032x924, 607K)

I got that reference!

CUTE

he's definitely chaotic

he's on no ones team, not even his own

Another thing of note

Attached: discord.png (848x680, 537K)

Tell me more about Mars, user.

I'm curious to see what Edward Norton will do with his character if we ever see the next film. He seemed very neutral in the movie.

Wow, out of theaters entirely there? Or just IMAX? Also, depends on the theater chain, cause AMC dumps movies rather quickly, so that's not uncommon. But any other chain, that suspicious. I know Captain Marvel is strongholding theaters next weekend.

Attached: feels good man.jpg (1000x749, 236K)

intention is irrelevant to the end result. The early trailers showed their (laughably bad) attempts at photorealism and they stylized it to counter audience revulsion. Then end product is clearly CGI and making no attempt to be realistic, in order to avoid uncanny valley.

And we can stop this right now, as every time you're faced with facts you can't refute, you'll just go "well I liked it."

I never thought I'd fight side by side with a redditor

Attached: big_1471471824_image.jpg (1280x532, 125K)

I don't use either of those sites, so I can't make the connection. Of course there will be some lying crossposters who sneak in from reddit. I don't post anything I make here on any other site.

Attached: 1550664167460.jpg (1024x798, 64K)

When did she change her roller blades to feet when she's trying to save hugo from Zapan?

they're just paid marketers. paid marketers always hit reddit because it's the easiest site to control.

Super awful bait user, trying to make your shitty view appear as fact, that's the mark of a redditor.

Attached: 99 marker.jpg (590x500, 52K)

Zapan had a personal grudge against Alita but he was right about Hugo and followed the bounty hunter rules

BROTHERS IN ARMS

Attached: 1539388200626.jpg (900x645, 102K)

She doesn't, I think she's still wearing them in that scene

in the locker room scene with ido I swear I heard a little akiro ifukube jingle

Probably in-between the scene she killed the hunter warrior and running up to Zapan. She could just take them off.

oh look, a slightly different non-argument in response to self-evident and readily apparent fact.

Unless you're going to try to deny that alita's design was modified from trailer to trailer to movie.

>never thought
That's because you've always been one. You've always had the reddit sensibility inside your brain.
I suspect the whole "postie" and "healed" shit comes from there too, but I don't understand how to search on that site so I can't really prove it/check

How to make girl lok at me like Rosa looks at Mercedes AMG F1 W09 EQ Power+?

Attached: 0003d6e7.jpg (3500x2331, 758K)

It's truly a wonderful planet. It's been at war with itself for centuries. There are space nazis there, but they're just a front for an evil mastermind and his group of undead Panzerkunst masters.
The rightful queen of Mars is a ventriloquist teenager with a teddy bear. She has an invincible bodyguard, who is a black female cyborg with a crush on Alita.
Mars is much more normal than Venus and Jupiter, though.

But she literally has to SWAP feet

>if I murder someone and say you did it then you get a bounty.

such amazing rule lawyering right there.

>tfw you realize Alita didn't know what oranges and chocolate are and didn't have a favorite food because she probably ate nothing but nutrient paste or some shit her entire life

You are still trying to be a detective user? If you don’t know how to properly google I have to question your Yea Forums credentials.

she's so homely looking yet cute as hell

Attached: am.png (1406x1398, 1.44M)

I wonder about this as well. As it stands, it seems like he will be the cool and collected type of villan.

Attached: 1551376419749.jpg (566x947, 407K)

Oh, I'm not denying they changed the eyes or details, but you saying it was bad is not fact, that's subjective.

ikr he probably like reddit weather

but really he's just using an old meme from the gamergate days

Attached: rain.gif (500x276, 1016K)

No, its clearly CGI and no one ever thinks otherwise for a single second.

No I can google it no problem, but searching it on that site in the same way doesn't seem to work

So uh, where does the food Alita eat go???

If the goal is to look real, and it doesn't, then it is bad. You can't refute this.

Audience reaction was overwhelmingly negative. You can't refute this.

>>$286,569,029
>>$286,569,029
>>$286,569,029
>>$286,569,029

Attached: 2865690209.jpg (897x615, 100K)

>retards known for kidnapping and stealing parts from cyborgs
>not bad guys
ZAPAN WAS RIGHT

she shits out her mouf

it gets burned as plasma

Attached: alita plasma.gif (498x256, 2.12M)

>Audience reaction was overwhelmingly negative
>ignores the 90%+ audience rating from RT
ok, fuckface mcfaggotdicksucker

Eariler trailer was an unfinished product that were pushed out due to rush marketing. It was clear that Alita was not ready by that point but the deal with Disney was approaching so Fox pushed it out. Later on when the deal with Disney was delayed by Brazil hold-up that Jim was able to tell them to move back the release date so that CG work can continue.

The end product is not CGI no matter how many time you said it. The overhwelming audience and critics agree on this point about the visual. You are one of the few people having issues with it, probably because you watched shitty camrip.

>Previous Thread(Hijacked by trolls):
Give me a break, you fucking snowflake.

Attached: 1510939445258.jpg (399x400, 47K)

he specifically did not have a bounty until zapan literally murders a dude directly in front of him to give him a bounty.

pic was intended only with the movie in mind. nova was the "big bad" with no redeeming qualities atleast for me in the movie

Usul, tell me about the waters of your homeworld

>Well I'd like to think I have an eye for detail.

Why would cyborgs develop crushes anyway?

yea, I ignore 15k ratings. Unless you're going to claim every one of those positive ratings came from a person who bought 100+ tickets to alita. In which case I have all the more reason to ignore them.

you mean the same rt audience score from plebs and 90% of the others being from shill bots giving it a 5/5 with no other ratings?

Attached: 1551140885449.jpg (1087x962, 152K)

>muh unfinished project

Fact of the matter being, though, they delayed the movie six months to jigger alita's design after unanimous negative reaction to the first trailers.

show her your 2800 ccm of cylinder capacity

she poop out cyber butt. no toilet in iron city so she poop out window.
not right. she have butt. see pic relate.

Attached: 1551301866680.jpg (761x568, 101K)

Yeah OP don't put stuff like that.

I'm sure he can channel some insanity

Attached: norton.gif (500x200, 879K)

Why did RT freeze audience reviews? The newest was on the 24th of February.

Attached: 1550710841230.png (603x566, 434K)

I want to have sex with her, if you know what I mean

Half the people from this board are from /pol/, you fucking retard discord tranny.
Yeah, no shit. Those are normie memes.

I should have said not bad CGI*.
Audience’s first negavie impression was about the unfinished first trailer, not the finished movie.

She still has them on, you can hear the wheels clicking on the ground when she walks with them, which i thought was a cool detail.
You can see she has them when she carries Hugo into the church.

Attached: 1524820067880.jpg (620x531, 38K)

>LOOK!!!
that's a really pathetic image you bothered to save on your computer for a time like this, faggot. You might as well screech at me that you knew a Jew once that donated $0.10 of after-tax money to a charity.

>movie had bad CGI yo
>uh no, I was talking about the trailers
Well at least you conceded that point about the movie and now moved your goal post. See, we are getting somewhere.

Oh yeah, what was thing called what they're in Mars Chronicle all the time?

>Half the people from this board are from /pol/
That's not a good thing, m8. 5 years ago? Sure, fine. 3 years ago? Uh oh. 1 year ago?? M8, these are people you do not want to proclaim you share a board with.

Again, the first trailer showed what they hoped would be in the movie, and then the audience reaction was resoundingly negative, so they spent six months modifying the design to something less horrifying.

Then audience reaction to the movie was basically non-existent. As it did sell millions of tickets, but only a tiny minority felt strongly enough about it to rate it on RT.

don't reply to the retards

the closest theater to me is a small non chain place with 4 screens, I never bothered checking if they had alita but they don't have it now.
the next closest place only has imax screens and it went out yesterday. That's where I usually go even though the tickets are stupidly expensive.
AMC and regal are downtown and who wants to deal with that.

You're two days late.

>dude you addressed a related point so you moved the goalposts!

its amazing you can even write with that level of comprehension.

>1 year ago
Based on these threads so far thats still longer than 99%

>110720448
In the real world appearances can be deceiving.

Attached: last action herp.jpg (790x400, 80K)

Attached: 1551164165167.png (1084x568, 86K)

this

alita? more like, aCUTEa

That cap is fresh off of BOmojo. Is the number BO higher? What have't they added in?

this user gets it.

he's trying to say that it's been 280 for two days. When it was 260 yesterday.

Ya know, shill disinformation tactics for whatever reason.

5 years ago your reddit ancestors were crying the same!

Attached: 1401673468052.jpg (750x943, 257K)

>Sir, are you a henchman?

very kino. your taste is of sound quality

Attached: 1523465799007.jpg (616x478, 55K)

Alright, can you regular posters stop engaging in passive aggressive arguments with tourists obviously hogging with no good intentions? Discussion is fine, but keep the threads comfy and fun.

Attached: 20th.jpg (634x300, 39K)

Going for a forth time Sunday. Going a friend too.

5 years ago was before the 2016 election, /pol/ has changed a lot since then for the worst
t. ex-/pol/ack

imagine the smell

>reee stop criticism reeeeee
why is it so hard for you people to just accept that the movie is indefensible?

this, ignore the bait

Based Photoshop user gave us this awesome phone screen from previous thread

Attached: 1551473966473.jpg (2331x5000, 1.52M)

>the alita shill calls me a tourist

Attached: e58.jpg (500x370, 60K)

Trailer was unfinished. You can clearly see the difference with subsequent trailers. They changed the eyes which recieve good responds from the audicences. Again your point about bad movie CGI proves that you have not watched it legally.

>Movie sells millions of tickets
>Audience reation to the movie was basically non-exsistent
That is a contradiction. Plus, you are looking it through the lens of American. The rest of the world did have strong reaction. Places like France and China proved you wrong.

But once again, box office number does not means the movie is good or bad. I hope you don’t go through with this line of arguement, otherwise, it will expose you to be not from Yea Forums

Venusians are definitely the most fucked up of the bunch..

Attached: BAALO13_37_Venusian_evolution.jpg (296x219, 22K)

Post the ass shots please

should reviews for a movie be a democracy or a meritocracy / technocracy?

I’m trying hard to reason with him.
Ok big guy, continue.

Just came home from kinoplex. You guys weren't wrong with your incessant shilling.
Holy shit.

Attached: 1532370146_new-alita-battle-angel-trailer-prepares-for-the-ultimate-cyborg-showdown[2].jpg (1200x632, 146K)

She leaves with the roller blades, they almost look like high heels, she puts back legs when she is waiting outside for Hugo's surgery to finish

I don't see the difference in the eyes from the trailer. I think the first trailer is amazing and so is the movie. What am I missing?

Attached: why.png (720x672, 401K)

why are you pretending to know nothing about movie production? They identify trailer friendly parts for the movie and finish them first. So the design shown in the trailer was "finished." Hence the six month delay so they could rework it after audiences absolutely hated it.

The rest of your post is just a laughable quibble to try to obscure the fact most people who saw the movie didn't feel strongly enough about it to rate it. also 7.6 on imdb is utterly pathetic. Even transformers movies have higher than that.

These fags
are probably samefagging the trash conversations. they've been called out

Attached: 1550504378921.png (1815x968, 361K)

sorry it's not me bucko.
take your pills

Attached: Untitled.png (259x265, 5K)

Pretty sure I'm going to go catch it a 4th time this weekend. I've only seen 3d so far. I love the depth on the big screen. Should I see it in standard the 4th time or just go all out and stay on the 3dkino train?

Attached: 1549224428737.png (882x731, 515K)

Early trailer is not representative of the movie, especially when subsequent trailers have noticeable improvements. I can’t believe you claimed to have been on Yea Forums for so long yet so clueless about film development process.

also

Attached: you are bad at this.png (164x123, 3K)

Thanks for coming to my movie user.

Attached: smile.webm (888x538, 2.36M)

>Accuse anons arguing of samefagging
>Leave thread
I know your game, user. We all do. Plus indiscriminately accusing anons of samefagging is bannable.

Attached: get lost.jpg (2115x1944, 1.3M)

just keep ignoring the six month delay to rework the design. It totally doesn't annihilate your argument or anything.

I don't even know why I liked this so much but I did

it boggles the mind, doesn't it?

Attached: 1526413535818.jpg (1033x1014, 87K)

They're from discord

Attached: 14124.jpg (633x99, 12K)

There are 2 shitposters and 1 doom poster that are regularly in /abag/. The one complaining about the CGI right now is probably the person posting screen shots from normie websites pretended to be a detective.

another has been healed by our girl.

Attached: alita-quiver.webm (1036x720, 2.63M)

To the user that wrote the short story, thanks man. Good stuff, really wholesome and cute. I like the mental image of Alita wearing a hooded jacket.

Attached: 1452391373531.png (460x464, 234K)

there are at least 3 posters but I guess your brain is incapable of drawing that conclusion

I think you should see it again and keep going until you do.

Attached: 1550810157157.jpg (2180x1152, 2.16M)

Any Pepe Alita?

Remember that 2nd view is even better

here's a picture of him right now

Attached: 1551190351587.jpg (1024x768, 137K)

Did you thought we were shilling or funposting?

Any other Romantic Action film like Alita besides Drive and BR2049?

Keep ignoring your original critism about the movie’s CGI, saying it’s not photoreal while using the first trailer as argument. I have responded to all your points, even exposed that you did not watch the movie legally to warrant true criticism on it. What say you?

Attached: 1525670865934.jpg (487x487, 90K)

Ready Player One

STRAPPING IN

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.69M)

>seeing movies multiple times in theaters
when did this become a thing? nobody did this when I was growing up and back then almost everyone went to movies

Imagine being Hugo and the movie just glosses over your body horror so you can get the Shrek ending with Alita and then you die again

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/BYlG93Mse53vqAbk50dyEQ/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/L_F4LRWFHgUS1S5PZTK3VQ/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/rN5gBYHfw8YVfjLnKTRhKA/

Is it autism? Shizoid dishonestposter moved from BRAP2049 to /GABA/gool? Perhaps it's just another alita shill falseflagging as hater for replies and trying to stoke an imaginary fanbase war? This guy is here every day, every thread, posting for hours. That's some dedication.

You literally seem completely unable to read.

Your argument originally was that it was photoreal, it wasn't. The initial trailer was finished scenes that were intended to be photoreal, they weren't and audience reaction was utter revulsion. They spent six months trying to get the design to not horrify the audience, by making ti less real, but audience reaction is now just apathy.

These are all facts. Nothing will change them.

Taxi Driver.

Back from my second viewing, even better than the first

Attached: healed.png (939x620, 293K)

was he dead before the decapitated him

the movie doesn't seem to get across the idea that people value their humanity. Because it was made with the mindset of "why wouldn't people want augmentation?"

>most people who saw the movie did not feel strongly enough to rate it.
Source: your ass.
Imdb:7.6 is a repsectable score
Cinema score: A- is a repectale score
RT: 94% is an out of this world score
Sorry, you are a minority here.

Just returned from second viewing.
Brought mom and little sister.
Mom liked it, sis thought it was okay
she didnt think manga did sci-fi, so now she'd like to borrow my boxset

Praise the lord, for Alita has healed me twice now
Chiren having a brain still grinds my gears though

Attached: 145632894856.jpg (500x573, 107K)

How do we fix the soundtrack?

source: the fact the movie sold a lot more than 15k tickets. so unless you're going to seriously try to argue those 15k positive reviews were from people bought hundreds, if not thousands of tickets each, then the fact remains that audience reaction was apathetic.

less than 8 on imdb is not a respectable score.

saw it in reald 3d shit first and then IMAX 3D. Much better with IMAX . Almost like a diferent movie.
Gonna see it in 4DX tomorrow the third time.

patience, based boatman will explain everything in due time

Attached: 1539886442730.jpg (1080x1080, 116K)

The movie is photoreal. It is fact.
The final design is photoreal, if it were to be less real, the uncanny valley will become more apparent. Why are you arguing against logic.

Attached: p34zwu7gsdj21.jpg (1080x1280, 141K)

Trips don't lie. The 7th time was even better.

>photoreal
Man did you see this in a Dolby Cinema? Maybe wait to see it in 4K OLED before you say something like that. In Dolby Vision Alita is real af.

Theaters improved in quality, especially when people stopped going to theaters altogether after the turn of the century. That's when they busted out with premium screens, 70mm IMAX that wasn't just in museums, recliner chairs, 3D, not to mention stadium seating and digital. Analog film reels would actually degrade in quality after a couple weeks. Not digital. It's just as good as release day.

just came back from my 2nd viewing.
what I didn't notice at all the 1st time is how much alita's character changed when being transfered to her berserker body. she stopped acting like a carefree, playful teenager and turned into an adult woman that meant business. I loved that change.

Attached: berserker.jpg (738x369, 27K)

>The movie is photoreal.
You are now attempting to claim the CGI does not look like CGI.

Attached: 73457270_p0.jpg (1500x2143, 531K)

KINO

Huh?
>youtube.com/watch?v=RkAhIDD1Og0

Attached: Alita_Sword.jpg (1800x958, 187K)

damn I bet the motorball sequences will be a lot of fun in 4D

Well, that's because of her fight vs grewishka

Yeah, it's a weak point. Is there any movie that is against human augmentation?

>alita reforms her body with boobies
>looks like she's a little older than you thought
>dead silence, no one got the joke

Attached: 1519503529843.jpg (803x711, 66K)

>audience reaction was utter revulsion
[citation needed]
Where's the first trailer anyway? Can't find it on Fox's channel anymore. Was it deleted/unlisted?

The manga goes for a different angle - he can't handle it, goes crazy, that's why he ends up climbing up the pipe

you kinda forget Alita is not real after a few minutes. It's really good. They put a lot of asymmetries and imperfections that makes her very human and really cute

1st: review counts are more >20k
2nd: no film will have all the people watched it reviewed it on RT. You can’t make a conclusion that only a tiny group of people like it.
3rd: Cinema score is another metric to gauge audience’s reaction and it is good.
4th: 7.6 is a respectable score in IMDB for an action blockbuster.
5th: stop saying your opinion as fact.

>70mm IMAX that wasn't just in museums
probably only in california and they are getting replaced with digital systems already

So is it different than the anime?

You only need to cite what isn't self-evident. The fact they delayed the movie six months to rework the design is proof of the fact audience reaction to the first alita design was resoundingly negative.

it's covered in a biotechnological membrane that keeps the atmosphere in, this is maintained by a neutral priesthood that sacrifice themselves as pillars to uphold it
the planet has orbital sun mirrors to warm up the surface, but they ran out of resources during the making of so the lords have to barter with each other for solar irradiation rights, winters are like -50 C if you don't have any mirrors
the planet is extremely german, but not like nazi or prussian german, more 1600's germany with a million little princes everywhere, also references to hegel, nietzsche, kafka, von clauswitz, jung, etc
there are several genetically locked giant mecha called the ethnarchs in ownership by the major lords, during the story one is made to run rampant and it kills like 3 million people

it's generally a shithole and filled with war crimes

Attached: Gunnm LO 01 006-007.jpg (1511x1100, 394K)

>if i keep reasserting my defeated statements they'll be true!
>also your refutations are all just like your opinion man!

it's vegemite

Attached: 73448993_p0.jpg (1080x1920, 355K)

Photorealistic CGI is CGI. I don’t understand your point at all.

It was negative because of eyes and it doesn't matter how much they improve them, it would still weird out the average normie when they see her for the first time. That said, aside from her eyes, which you get used to after couple of minutes, the rest of her looks photorealistic.

anyone else masturbate to porn less since alita

yes

Cute butt.

I have talked with you before and I know that when you pulled out the “>” you have admitted defeat.

what? It was great.
youtube.com/watch?v=jdQLd94Ix1w

lol very nice.

>which you get used to after couple of minutes
the same applies to anal penetration.

Bro if you are still able to see it in 3D, do it. Its not in 3D anymore where im at and im genuinely kind of depressed because of it.

Attached: 1551295805001.jpg (1998x1080, 1.16M)

What exactly is a person supposed to say to someone who just repeats themselves when their points are defeated? Who will, in response to this post, pretend his points were never defeated?

Trump should fucking nuke Japan (and US while he's at it).

>Japan
Population: 126.8 million
Opening Weekend: $3,124,941 / 843 screens
>Thailand
Population: 68.86 million
OW: $2,519,135 / 730
>South Korea
Population: 51.47 million
OW: $10,865,186 / 1,004
>Malaysia
Population: 32.05 million
OW: $2,836,020 / 430
>Taiwan
Population: 23.58 million
OW: $4,626,235 / 224
>Hong Kong
Population: 7.39 million
OW: $2,818,198 / 80
>Singapore
Population: 5.63 million
OW: $1,066,342 / 68

The Hurt Locker - 7.6
Edge of Tomorrow - 7.9
Independence Day - 7.0
Armageddon - 6.7
Titanic - 7.8

>7.6 is le bad xD

Attached: 1536664836219.png (327x137, 57K)

MOTORBALL

Attached: 1551364804810.jpg (10000x8643, 1.44M)

>i have bad taste therefore 7.6 is great!
yoofs

should I go for a 5th?

Avatar 7.8. Well, it's still early. The score should change one way or the other once the BDs are out and masses see it.

>please senior trump nuke japan for having good taste

just came back from my fifth, this time with my ex and the thread was in first position, nice!

yeah, why not?

go back to tumblr, fag

scores only ever go down over time.

based and alitapilled

What point was defeated?
You are wrong about the movie not looking photoreal
You are wrong about audience score for Alita not good
You are wrong by saying no one cares aboute Alita
You said you are marginalized in these threads and no one responds to your criticism, which I proved you wrong
I am right about you not watching the movie regally because you didn’t deny it.

ah IMDB, where 10,000 10/10 and 8000 1/10 votes equal out to an 8.2 scroe

Nah. The torrenters are bigger plebs than moviegoers. It's all the poorfag 3rd worlders and underage. They tend to score every movie they like 8-10/10.

see and You literally are in a position where you're trying to refute facts with your opinions. And you're so autistic that you think you've actually won the argument.

but user, chinks are the biggest plebs in existence and they're already done with alita.

yes. She healed us all.

>Breaking the glass ceiling

but desty nova is not evil

I have responded to all those post. Don’t just circle around on me. I’m tired of talking to people like you.

he is in the movie. he's literally responsible for absolutely every bad thing that happens in the movie.

Do you think Alita can form a vagina with her new body?

>don't just circle around on me I'm tired of this!
>t. man who just repeats himself whenever his arguments are refuted
what did he mean by this

Chinks don't use IMDB.

>two can play this game

ah yes clearly a moral person

Attached: Page034.jpg (783x1203, 348K)

because they are human after all.

>this time with my ex
How does this work?

>cyborg = human brain
>robot = machine brain

and now you've closed the circle. the reply chain is now you make a point, it gets refuted, and you restate it, so it gets refuted again. around and around, forever.

ed norton as desty nova, dafoe as super nova

its called lying.

The chain was started by you by quoting yourself. Now I just learnt that the best trick against unreasonable people is throwing what they dissed about against them.

I got to read the manga

>If you could just tell me what those eyes have seen.

Attached: 1465181255009.gif (320x272, 2.71M)

He's the absolute madman, that doesn't qualify him as evil.

All the theaters near me pulled alita from IMAX but there's still 4d showings, should I go alitabros?

I see you continue to have no arguments.

I see you have no agument since the begining.

feels like just a couple days ago i started seeing these threads and this movie came out, time flies

Because facts are not arguments.

Being evil != being the villain. Being morally bankrupt would qualify as labeling somebody as evil. It wouldn't qualify as making the villain if they aren't the focus.

t. not him.

Because opinion is not fact.

Read: your opinion vs facts.

Again, he's fucking mad, hence not responsible from his actions. So you can't judge him as "evil" or "immoral".

hes literally evil in the movie.

never said he is good either, he is neutral

Attached: novanova.jpg (569x816, 212K)

Your opinion is opposite of fact.

I know that feeling, user.

Each time I see it feels like new.

Attached: 1551228181547.jpg (900x898, 155K)

Glad to see we're all getting along.

Attached: 1551134681610.png (652x532, 371K)

you're talking about the manga. He's been dramatically altered in the movie. He's no longer a madman, he's a mustache twirler.

he's not insane at all, he's a 300 IQ giga genius which affords one some eccentricity

what is 4D? which braaaap action into the face with fans?

I have stated exactly zero opinions.

Do it for her.

How do you know he isn't a madman? Chances he discovered the secret and is doing his madman business behind the curtain.

He's completely insane my man.

So you have written nothing.

DARN YOUR MERCY

Attached: 1551410116150.jpg (1150x1349, 296K)

I have posted facts.

Its not a tumor

Attached: 34545789.png (1090x818, 888K)

See

There is no longer a secret. Chiren had a brain. They show it.

I thought I told you guys to behave. Quit with the hogging.

Now, can we discuss this training scene? I also love how pretty Alita's poofy hair is in this.

Attached: fight.png (1280x536, 797K)

Wtf guys I went to buy a ticket for alita and it kept changing it to captain marvel. I asked the theater what was wrong and they said they didnt know so I just went home without having seen alita :(

see

>trusting a nigger
>trusting nova
>trusting a OVA adaptation
C'mon user, you can't be this dumb, right?

Why does the other girl have those mark's, but Alita doesn't?

See

>finish the mission, destroy Jerusalem

>make a general
>want it to not be exactly like literally every general

>>trusting a nigger
You racist! Report! Im not a nigger, im afroamerican! REPORT

she wanted to talk at a party after a year of breaking up, i tried to convince her to go to see the movie, she kept telling me she didn't have anyone to see it with until i asked her if she wanted to see it toghether.
she liked it very much, but thought the part where she smears the blood on her face was dumb

the chipbrains weren't in the OVA either, so I don't know what you even think you're blathering about.

But hey, at least you're posting something remotely coherent, unlike others in this thread.

>He's completely insane my man.
not in the sense that he has a mental illness that declares him as invalid, he just has a batshit worldview because he's a genius in a mad mad world

you usually write people off as moral agents if they're compromised in some way, well compared to nova everyone else is compromised. He just doesn't care about the suffering he inflicts, he understands it very well. He might not be evil evil, but he's completely ruthless. At least his main goal is somewhat noble.

When will Jimbo accept the movie flopped and that there will be no sequel?

its kinda sad someone would make up a story like this. especially since its clearly from a person who has never so much as touched a real female.

This Alita looks hangry

Hey anons! I'm back to collect some more of your work! Still getting stuff from the other threads, but if you haven't sent out stuff on here, now is the time! I'm collecting all the fan work from these threads in one big /ABAG/ archive.

I will make the next general with my own custom picture, so wait for me.

Attached: Alita2.png (2048x1152, 1.8M)

when he had robert rodriguez direct it.

>the chipbrains weren't in the OVA either
That's the point. IIRC it was still unknown when the OVA was released and they just copied that for the movie.

Never, Jimbo always gets what he wants. So long as Avatar keeps making bank, that is.

Attached: 1551078494974.jpg (312x323, 21K)

after the script for Alita 5 is done

>it was still unknown
kishiro wrote the OVA bro.

that's a veeeeeeeery long neck....

When he stops liking posts on Instagram stating his movie was success.

Attached: madman.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

i like it, but you'll have to beat me to it!

And?

I assumed because Alita was a trainee, so she didn't have the markings on the face yet.

just comission "fan" art and then post them in this thread like they were made by people in this thread. ya know, like every other marketer in existence.

yeah, before he made last order
>trusting kishiro

you're saying the writer of his own story didn't know where his own story was going.

One of the interviews was saying this is the first time their VFX studio ever modeled hair completely as individual strands.

Like, this was the year, lads. 2019 was the year VFX hair kino was finally cracked.

It was /ourgirl/

Attached: 1550863039959.jpg (2180x1152, 490K)

You have to expose the trolls for what they are.

Alita’s hair underwater is a collosal piece of art in itself. They had to generate individual hair movement to make it real.

It's out of the theater nearest to me, but I just saw it last night at a late showing in suburban LA and there were about 15 people on a Thursday Night.

When he stops being in denial then? How much time?

is there alita toys or just those statuettes? just ordered the mangas and an alita shirt, can't wait to rock it.

Attached: 20190301_181258.jpg (1440x1373, 564K)

Which is obvious, else he won't put a brain in the OVA, right? Or are you trying to say that Kishiro is a retard that contradict himself?

>shill just casually gives away the fact he hasn't read the manga
amazing.

NEW THREAD

Attached: 1534596303274.jpg (480x480, 31K)

he made a lot of changes to the OVA with respect to the fact it would be a one-off. Nova isn't in the OVA, nor is makaku, and even zapan got dropped. Basically everyone with a story that would go beyond the second volume of the manga was changed into a different character.

ok.
she pointed out that she was fine with the big eyes during the movie, while she though they looked odd in the trailer

what?

>when the shilling intensifies

i like how shills are holding out for alita to have the biggest weekend it's ever had. are they going to vanish by tuesday or is there too much autism?

And yet you can see the organic brain of a Zalem citizen, which basically proves he made the secret after the OVA. That's pretty common among manga authors, they make half of the shit among the way.

chips drop in the original run, my main dude.

Not alot going well in my life right now but had been waiting a long time for this movie. I think I unwillingly put too much hope into Alita being great but there wasn't much else for me.

I've seen the movie three times now and it never fails to make me happy. And ever since the first viewing, things around me have been seemingly getting better and I've been less stressed out at work. Thank you Alita for saving me too

Attached: 1kinni.jpg (600x596, 165K)

so your attempt to counter the statement that kishiro changed things and dropped characters/themes/arcs for the OVA is to say that kishirio changed things and dropped characters/themes/arcs for the OVA...

you really should know how to read before you try to argue on the internet. Are you specifically trying to paint yourself as so dumb that no one would ever have the lack of sense necessary to reply to you?

My main issue is where they ended this movie
I don't think this will get another sequel

Are you retarded? I'll try with something simple, like le epic greentexting
>kishito makes manga
>kishiro makes ova addaptation
>time passes
>kishiro asspulls the zalem secret for the last part of the manga
Is that clear enough for you or you need a food analogy?

Attached: 51861671_1035123273349896_5569728927262071091_n.jpg (640x770, 47K)

Can Alita fuck?

>food analogy?

>Work in BBQ restaurant
>Drunk guy walks in
>He is loud and gives attitude
>Serve him take-away anyway to get him out of there
>He fumbles and drops his hot dog and soda on the floor
>He demands a refund
>Get sad
>Kneel down
>Dip my finger in some of the hot dog's ketchup and smear it under my eyes
>I remember the day shift manager's intro speech on the day I started
>"For reasons of guest safety and liability, I do not stand by in the presence of a spill!"
>Drunk guy rages and throws up
>Jump up on the counter to not get puke on my shoes
>Drunk guy runs into the 7/11 next door
>"COME INTO MY WORLD"
>Manager stops me
>Security guard finally arrives on his bike
>”Sorry, if he hasn’t committed any felonies, theft or damage, I can’t detain him in the 7-11.”
>An old-timey guest calmly walks out of your restaurant and into the 7-11
>After a couple of minutes he comes out with the drunk guy meekly in handcuffs
>Turns the old-timey guest was an off-duty cop and was able to talk the drunk guy down
>"I compete in the Great Hampshire Sausage and Pie Competition with my sausages every year, and I hate to see your world class hot dogs go to waste, user"

Attached: bbq.jpg (1000x750, 149K)

damn really? i thought it was revealed at the beginning of last order.
i have the last order collection and i have read the original just once eons ago.
i'm waiting next week when i go to a comic festival where i'll buy the whole new edition of the original before reading it.

when did i say it's the biggest weekend for alita?
i thought the theatre would be packed since its friday, i went to the first evening show and since yesterday there is only one room for alita, but nope, there were like 8 people in total.
a shitload of people went to see the dragonball super movie, no kidding

He's literally Lucipher in both the movie and the manga. In the movie, he learns people's wishes by looking through their eyes and deceives them to enact his will on the world. In the manga, he tests people's resolve to overcome their hubris by granting them their wishes in a perverse way (think temptation of Christ). Alita is basically Jesus because she follows the Logos. She speaks the truth regardless of consequences, while Nova obscures and perverts it. This attitude towards truth is even expressed in both characters' eyes. Alita has those wide eyes to indicate that she seeks truth, while Nova obscures his eyes with a visor with those tiny eyes to indicate that he's focused on achieving his own goals by manipulating other people and doesn't really care about truth. It's also worth noting that as Alita learns more about herself and the world, she becomes more competent and more responsible.

The manga, the OAV, and the movie tell the same basic story in different ways, which is why only brainlets reeee about changes to the plot.

Attached: alita smash.gif (500x281, 1.38M)

can someone edit the mouse head over the trophy?

Is that really so different than a thumbs up and a thumbs down system?

It makes sense for a voter to vote at the extremes because statistically it gives your vote more weight. If a movie you think is a 6/10 has an 8.3/10 with 1000 votes and you vote a 0 then that 0 vote has almost as much weight over the outcome as if four other people other voted a 6 alongside you. It's really just a weakness with voting systems that go beyond a binary positive and negative system. Any vote other than 10 or 0 is making your vote count for less.

the argument being presented to you is he made a change to the OVA so that future arcs of the manga wouldn't be spoiled. There was no time to have anyone even react to the chip, so showing it would've just spoiled the manga for no purpose. So chiren had a brain, and the OVA is considered an entirely different canon from the manga.

>Lucipher
your ESL is showing.

You know if the movie looked like this and was produced by pixar or dreamworks it probably would have done better financially.

So that means you should trust some scene adapted straight from the OVA? Whoa, just like I said before you sperged!

>ultraviolence and kawaii
i'd pay to watch it.

Oh snap. But yeah, it's not my primary language.

I see you are now blathering incoherantly in response to being argued into a corner.

doesn't change the fact the can't do secret of salem if chiren had a brain. they can't even make the excuse that only marked salemites have brains, as even nova had a mark, and is, in the movie, over 300 years old.

I'm going to screencap your post and call you retarded in 4-8 years.

maybe it was a different shill. but a few of your coworkers are trying to insist this will be the biggest week and weekend alita has ever had. which is hilarious considering it's already had an over 70% drop in china.

also because the budget would've only been about 40-60 million.

whats going to happen in 4-8 years?

when you call me shill, are you implying i get money for posting here about alita?

Second and third movies.

>he thinks they're going to make sequels to a flop
>laughing robot whores

why do shills always act like no one has ever seen paid shilling before?

So considering that the body Alita is in at the moment of pic related is not the same as her berserker body, what do you think it is? How do you think she got it? And why did she change?

My guess is that Zapan might be given her berserker body in the sequel

Attached: alita1.jpg (2910x1800, 368K)

if they do it, they have to retcon what they showed in the first movie.

clearly not something they're above, what with how badly they mangled the source material in the movie.

what should i do to prove you i'm not a shill?

stop trying to prove you aren't a shill, for starters.

>mangled

You keep saying this but it just isn't true. Besides how can you mangle a work that was written over several years on the fly?

well I know the best way to imply the movie is inferior to the source, and wasn't mangled mess, is to imply it was always trash.

Are you the reviewer who said the love story doesn't make sense because Yugo can't stick his dick in her?

so like.... i should stop posting how much i like this movie and alita in general?
well.... no, fuck you

>imagine putting your face while saying this dumb shit online

well, that was one of the main reasons hugo didn't give a damn about her in the manga/ova.

it also doesn't make sense for hugo to be obsessed with salem if the scrapyard isn't any worse than, say, brooklyn.

mouseniggers can't touch this

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (798x407, 201K)

>if the scrapyard isn't any worse than, say, brooklyn.

Why do fags keep saying this? No matter how I read the manga, the scrapyard isn't blade runner at all.

tonymedley.com/2019/Alita_Battle_Angel.htm
Found via 'professional critics' on RT, "
February 15, 2019
...total codswallop..."
>Hugo falls in love with Alita. Apparently he never thought about how he would make love to a machine, but it was a question I was asking myself throughout the movie because Hugo loves her so much that he is willing to risk his life for her.
>it was a question I was asking myself throughout the movie
This is what RT considers towards the reviewers score.

the scrapyard is even worse

next page they give that guy who just splattered a random crying kid applause

Attached: Ashen Victor Race 2 pg 058.jpg (767x1100, 249K)