ITT: All resources about Captain Marvel buying out complete cinemas and related topics

ITT: All resources about Captain Marvel buying out complete cinemas and related topics.

Captain Marvel tricks people into buying tickets:
youtu.be/WA6XmGfDrKg

Disney forced Australians to watch Captain Marvel:
youtu.be/PpPnmGYMshg

Using rotten tomatoes to expose Captain Marvel:
youtu.be/D_j2tyu7dSk

Women don't want to see Captain Marvel:
youtu.be/fxSb67Zvpk4

Attached: incel.jpg (1440x1259, 196K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_pd6yO-jBRo
youtube.com/watch?v=HWJXh0HmKKc
medium.com/insurge-intelligence/exclusive-documents-expose-direct-us-military-intelligence-influence-on-1-800-movies-and-tv-shows-36433107c307
youtube.com/watch?v=z8Fj6evzQl0
eventcinemas.co.nz/Sessions#cinemas=504,518,501,508,516,515,507,514,510,517,502,511,509,513,519,512,506,505,503&date=2019-03-07
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: dcshill.jpg (1440x692, 134K)

ITT: incel virgins

Attached: Screenshot_20190301_233323.jpg (1440x2004, 421K)

Attached: 1551468256347.png (583x933, 106K)

its the same tactic they use with their comic industry, force comic bookshops to sell theirs of else

Attached: Screenshot_20190301_234522.jpg (1440x975, 165K)

Break up the Disney behemoth! Down with monopolies!

Just looked up my local big kinoplex and its unironically true, what the fuck

>here are some youtube videos by people who make at least one video a day about CM because they know idiots like OP will watch them and give them ad revenue and these videos are proof that disney (a greedy jew company) is willingly losing money by buying their own tickets for...*shuffles deck*...feminism?

Attached: captain flop chile.jpg (1250x410, 86K)

Ding ding ding ding, that's a bingo.

>Chile
Be glad you third worlders get any US movies at all

>1 billion!!!
Yeah, I wonder how will they reach that....

Who the fuck will watch this trash ? Incel marvel manbabies ? Embarrassing.

This is absolutely criminal. Everyone should just see Dragon or Anita.

Cool, I've got nothing better to do than hang out at my local theater spoiling it for everyone coming in.

?

Attached: file.png (1056x612, 410K)

Is this new? I swear for any major release, the only movie you can pre-order is the biggest one.

Theatres just dont presell other shows ahead of time like that so they can modify the schedules going into that new week depending on demand.

Why would I go see capeshit when I could stay home and drink Monster Energy White Ultra and play Devil May Cry 5?

Attached: 1550797353705.jpg (1024x581, 65K)

What did they do to my good boy Dante?

inb4 delayed on PC

Look at the filenames
I'm just providing information
That's how it works

Attached: IMG_20190301_130355.jpg (1564x1564, 420K)

WE KEKED!

Attached: localViewingTimes.jpg (1934x914, 363K)

Wow, this is truly Orwellian.

How do we stop the Disney menace?

>its happening in mexico too
confirmed

Attached: mexicoshitmovie.jpg (809x878, 147K)

>a week ago
>"WTF THEY WON'T EVEN LET WHITE MEN SEE THE MOVIE?"
>now
>"WTF THEY'RE LITERALLY FORCING WHITE MEN TO SEE THE MOVIE OR ELSE?"

Made him an uncle. What's worse is they changed the timeline.

russian fag here
what the actual fuck, it's true

Happening at my local AMC

Attached: cinema munich.png (2204x3031, 1.96M)

Not true for Slovenia, but we're irrelevant so...

But uncle Dante was in DMC4, and he was awesome in there...he looks like an old meth addict Sam Witwer

>they changed the timeline
what the fuck did they do?

>a week ago
>"WTF THEY WON'T EVEN LET WHITE MEN SEE THE MOVIE? Well okay then I won't watch it"
>now
>"WTF THEY'RE LITERALLY FORCING WHITE MEN TO SEE THE MOVIE OR ELSE? Well fuck you very much Disney, now I'm definitely not seeing it"

sneed

And thats a good thing
t. susjed

they made him cool again

Attached: 1546116580352.png (297x332, 138K)

They changed it from
>3 - 1 - 4 - 2 - 5
to
>3 - 1 - 2 - 4 - 5

Holy shit lads it's actually true. Checked every cinema nearby and nothing but Captain Marvel showing after the 8th.

Krautfag here.
Just looked it up.
It's true.
What. The. Fuck.

My place is playing 2 other movies

So essentially its bombed already. They must be crapping themselves about Endgame then.

The theater closest to me and their chain is doing it. My local AMC isn't.

Cinepolis usually updates schedule on fridays at 12:00 AM. I hope they published that schedule becaise it is a pre-sale though it has never happened before.

Attached: IMG_20190301_140603.jpg (1204x1200, 134K)

No girl will sleep with me. I know, I'll take my anger out on Captain Marvel!

So, good chances for a high quality screener in a near empty cinema.

Not sure if want.

wut?
>Movie not for me
>Decide to watch other movies
>Can't watch other movies because its all CM
>Rant about it
>Get criticised
??

Shouldnt it be paid not payed? What does payed even mean?

George Street is the main cinema here in Sydney. From Thursday through Sunday there are three non Captain Marvel movie sessions. One for Green Book ane two for Bohemian Rhapsody and they're all in small Gold Class theaters. Unreal. Wall to wall Captain Marvel at a huge multiplex like this in an alpha world city.

>even bothering to pirate it
For what purpose? Some poor soul will make webbums of all the important shitposting material.

Not going to voluntarily watch that garbage but I might just torrent it and seed with 1 Gb/s upload.

I thought this was a troll, holy shit.

Disney right now.

Attached: A768DDC8-8760-4716-94BB-3C5B042A4776.png (1892x952, 1.9M)

More like
>rant about it online
>"(You) posted: [DATA EXPUNGED]"

Just checked my local Hoyts:
41 screenings of various movies on March 6
20 Screenings of Captain Marvel and nothing else on March 7

Veracruz?

Incel C O P E

No girl will sleep with me. I know, I'll take my anger out on Yea Forums!

>It's the same youtube channels everytime
stop being a brainwashed faggots OP

except its literally true

Not very inclusive of them. Sad!

Holy shit, i just checked my theater and it's fucking true. Starting on the seventh the only choice available is captain marvel.

So I thought you were all having a giggle, but I just checked my local cinema, and I literally cannot book any movie that is not Captain Marvel until the 26th of March. I don’t like this.

Attached: 67887017-DEDF-493F-9DB1-F6A8CBCB4B49.jpg (2048x1196, 521K)

Similar thread

Check your local major theater chain.

I don't get it.
Do movie theater websites even show times for next week?

As much as I want to believe how ridiculous this all is, maybe it's because Disney paid or mandated or something those specific dates and times whereas movie theaters usually plan their movie schedules on a per week, per room allotment schedule?

Srsly, I don't ever look at movie times in my theater a week in advance.

I also checked in, every theatre in my area march 8th is captain marvel only. What the fuck is this.

Add this too
youtube.com/watch?v=_pd6yO-jBRo

Just checked Caribbean Cinemas, and they're doing it.

I'm actually mad, I was going to see Alita next Thursday.

And here’s another one for a different cinema. After next Friday I can’t book anything until the 26th.

Attached: 7F916F19-ECEE-4591-B651-80ADF34F7655.jpg (1629x1370, 753K)

Has this happened with an MCU movie before? The second week dropoff will be massive

that has to be absurdly expensive, i dont get it, must be some kind of cia spook shit

My cinema is only showing it once on thursday.

Only one man can stop this madness

Attached: 3406266-finalcrisis2.jpg (1008x516, 99K)

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u7.jpg (403x550, 20K)

They are straight up lying for incel clicks.
TLJ has created an entire genre of videos where fake and gay youtubers pretend to be outraged by the latest supposed attack against white male nerds to easily get 100k+ views and subs.

If you can't see this you are legit an idiot or one of them.

Attached: incelclicks.jpg (874x160, 36K)

True for my local theatre in Toronto

I think they are massively upset wonder woman beat them to the punch.

And a third Cinema, all bookings, even for new movies end after March 7th, the on,y thing available for 2 weeks is Captain Marvel. Has this ever happened before?

Attached: 9F789BA4-D16D-488D-BD56-AB1BD9406D57.jpg (2048x1445, 1.56M)

>all the proof ITT to show you're wrong
>still posts retarded damage control for free
Honestly couldn't feel worse for you, your life must be incredibly sad.

If it stays like this till another 3 or 4 days then you know Disney has gone all in just so they get a big opening weekend. If they can get around 400m worldwide for the first 7 or 8 days, they'll be happy with that.... until the bad word of mouth spreads.

The only reason I think why they've done is because the movie must actually be that bad. Maybe Disney feels the general audience will hate it and they're just trying to get as much money as they can.

Hahahaha this is fucking hilarious.

just checked my theater they are doing the same thing. You have to reserve seats now not very many seats have been reserved

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1147x799, 109K)

A fourth one. For some reason I can’t book anything at all until the 24th.

Attached: 0031DD9F-4AB6-4000-8F6C-1E817F44E82E.jpg (2048x1267, 385K)

this is true, although its much older than tlj. thing is its hard to care when these corporations have been using the same tactics to fuck consumers for even longer

Forget about the youtubers. Look at all the screen caps. Also this similar thread which is a continuation of an older thread with 350+replies that got archived(link in new thread).

My local theaters in Ohio are also only showing Captain Marvel starting next Thursday. The only other movie scheduled to show is the Tyler Perry movie, and that’s only for the first day

HOLY FUCK I'M SCARED BROS. CAPTAIN MARVEL HAS NO FUCKING COMPETITION FOR 2 WEEKS TILL US RELEASES, AND NOTHING BEFORE IT. NORMIES WILL HAVE WATCH IT AND SET BOX OFFICE RECORDS OPENING THE WAY FOR MORE FEMINIST CAPESHIT and that's a good thing

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World - Friday, February 22nd
Rhythm Section - Friday, February 22nd
Total Dhamaal - Friday, February 22nd

Chaos Walking - Friday, March 1st
Tyler Perry's A Madea Family Funeral - Friday, March 1st

Captain Marvel - Friday, March 8th

The Aftermath - Friday, March 15th (limited)
Five Feet Apart - Friday, March 15th
Wonder Park - Friday, March 15th

The Beach Bum - Friday, March 22nd (limited)
Greyhound - Friday, March 22nd
Hotel Mumbai - Friday, March 22nd
The Informer - Friday, March 22nd
Us - Friday, March 22nd

Attached: 1422750829473.jpg (460x622, 46K)

From next Thursday till the following Thursday, nothing but CM.

Holy shit. Nobody can defend this

This is hilarious. Wouldn't paying off every theater in the world to do this cost way too much?

Attached: capeshit.png (1166x637, 62K)

wtf Chaos Walking isn’t supposed to come out until next year bro

GUYS, MAYBE YOUR LOCAL THEATERS HAVENT PLANNED THEIR NEXT WEEK'S SCHEDULE YET.

Sure, maybe Disney did a thing where they mandated the schedule times for their new release next week (which is weird, yes) BUT THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT CAPTAIN MARVEL WILL BE THE ONLY MOVIE PLAYING IN THE WORLD.

As much as I don't want to see this movie, I think normal people who aren't either us or s/0/y, sjw, tranny tumblr fags are going to throw a shitshow if only ONE movie played in the ENTIRE CINEMA.

I would be AMAZED if this actually happened and people didn't lose their shit.

They bought the wntire tijuana cinepolis theathers, thats like 9 buildings with 6 to 8 movie rooms each

I know Disney had very specific conditions for Star Wars run in cinemas, that it had to be in their biggest theatres for at least 5 weeks or they wouldn’t get it. But multiple cinemas across multiple countries denying the ability to book literally any other movie is a whole other level.

>When you put more effort into pushing a movie than into making it.

>2-3 anonymous posts is "proof"
just checked my two local major theater chains and saw all movies listed as normal.
It's just a few theaters doing this for whatever reason (because that week is full of flops besides CM, because they got too many advance CM tickets, I dunno)
and you retards of course think it's a conspiracy where disney bought out every theater everywhere because clickbait youtubers told you so
absolutely pathetic

>mfw they captain marvel a box office hit by making sure there's nothing else to watch

Attached: es-usted-diabolico-memes-3.jpg (480x360, 13K)

You’re probably right but it’s more fun to think about it the other way

sunk cost fallacy.

They already paid too much in money and reputation for this movie, so they sunk even more money into it, hoping it will succeed.

Now that I think about it, could they make it a requirement for End Game?

95% of theaters only post times for big name movies a week in advance, and then Wednesday they fill the rest.

t. Someone who watches like 5 different theater sites every week hoping a decent film will play at one

Once you're older you'll learn to think for yourself and will be able to see this trickery for what it is instead of shilling for the mouse.

>wanting to sue Disney
LOL

Attached: Disney.jpg (543x768, 276K)

>It's just a few theaters doing this for whatever reason (because that week is full of flops besides CM, because they got too many advance CM tickets, I dunno)
I can see right through your bullshit. You are so transparent

It's exactly because I'm older that I'm not falling for this kid.
I know it's your first time going to the big boy movies butl ots of major movies do this.
Having most of the screens at a kinoplex show this week's major release is the most common thing in the world but noooooo you brainwashed retards think it's "a conspiracy" by "the mouse" lmao

A fifth cinema, only thing I can book for these two weeks is CM.

There’s too much of a coincidence that all of these cinemas will not let you book any movie other than Captain Marvel for this two week period. Something’s going on.

Attached: 18FD8B55-AAF5-4A5E-9993-326113D07F1D.jpg (2048x1017, 900K)

This is what i don't get, why would they waste more money buying out entire movie theaters in so many cities if they only want to recoup or break evens?

DOUBLE DOWN

Do you think anyone is convinced by your act?

i guess the only winning option is not to play. not going to this film will show how desperate they are. DESPERATE

Attached: download.jpg (226x223, 6K)

>Be glad you consume the same feces as we do

Trust me, there's no country in the world that would complain if they stopped receving your shitty media.

This user will be ignored.

wow it's true. it's literally the only movie playing in my giant theater with 18 screens

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 4.59.26 PM.png (1904x1210, 514K)

Your turn.

They aren't paying for shit, they're saying 'if you want to continue to get Disney movies, do this'

>paying off every theater in the world
Paying off lmao. All they have to so is threaten to pull Disney movies from showing at the theater for the rest of the year, or I perpetuity. It's coercion but the free market permits these strongarm tactics to force theater operators to take a moderate loss now rather than a bigger set of losses down the line.

Big if true.

It's probably just what user said about Disney having an exclusive lock on presales, but I'm gonna laugh and laugh if it turns out to be true.

He looks like young Bam Margera.

>All they have to so is threaten to pull Disney movies from showing at the theater for the rest of the year
lol this wouldnt work

noooooooo stop telling the truth! it's a cospiracy by the mouse buying out every single theater in the world!!!!

Attached: 1470352686489.jpg (291x344, 15K)

Stop responding to your own posts.

Are you fucking kidding me? They already do shit like this with movie theaters, you aren't allowed to use any kind of vouchers for free tickets to see Disney's Star Wars movies

>Having most of the screens at a kinoplex show this week's major release is the most common thing in the world
This extent of interference where the majority of screens are inexplicably shut down is unprecedented in the multiplex era.

They'll just add the showtimes for other movies sometimes next week. This happens for every big movie.
Like damn Yea Forums has truly lost their mind over this

I thought you guys were joking.
Holy shit.

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (937x2143, 560K)

I HATE CAPTAIN FUNGUS LIKE ANYONE WHOS EVEN HEARD OF BRIE LARSON AND HER FEMINIST RANTINGS
SHE SAYS THIS MOVIE IS NOT FOR MALES, AND THEY MIGHT JUST TAKE HER UP ON THAT :^)

BUT THIS IS LIKELY JUST EARLY THEATER BOOKINGS TO FACILITATE MORE PRESALES, IE ITS DESPERATE BUT IN A DIFFERENT WAY

OFTEN HAPPENS FURTHER OUT THAN LOWER PROFILE MOVIES, THE REGULAR MOVIE SHOWTIMES FOR THOSE DATES JUST HAVEN'T BEEN POSTED YET, THEY SHOULD FILL IN A FEW DAYS

DESPERATE

Fuck you, you fucking incels, stop spreading false information about this movie because you hate women. There is no evidence at all that Disney is "buying up theaters" to only show Captain Marvel. First of all it doesn't need to do that. Everyone who isn't an incel alt-right troll pretty much agrees that it's going to be a great movie and make a meaningful social impact on a lot of people. Second it would cost so much money to buy out all these theaters that it wouldn't even make sense for a company as successful as Disney to do this. You know that company run by a skilled executive team with members who are more qualified to run a business than everyone in this thread COMBINED. Third, you're all paranoid schizotypals who think Disney is shilling and is this all seeing, all powerful entity. Disney has never done anything but promote the dreams and happiness of people all over the world. So why don't you fucking back off.

If true, Disney is likely getting sued. Also, anti-trust laws come into play.

>capitalism

Attached: F93D4A0B-2D34-4F7E-95AC-54385EE58CF9.jpg (400x488, 36K)

They did it for TLJ and nobody did shit.
Expect a lot of grumpy stories from theater wageys who were laid off for "captain marvel day" and theater operators deebly goncerned about the financial loss.

Confirmed this just now, holy fuck

Also Captain Marvel is getting too many screen spots because it's getting 4 different releases
>Captain Marvel
>Captain Marvel Dolby Atmos
>Captain Marvel 3D
>Captain Marvel 3D Dolby Atmos
Try again incels

Happening here in Greece too, what the hell.

Attached: 2019-03-02_000715_odeon.gr.png (973x787, 86K)

Wait does that mean Disney spent a ton of money for this?

Cinema slave here, Disney aren't paying to buy out theatres there's nothing else being released against it. Our chain is filling the screens as there's nothing else they'll make money from. Alita is dropping to the end of its run so tickets are minimal, How to Train your Dragon will be moved to the Kids screening autism slots and Liam Neeson pissed himself

That's not me, retard. Use arguments next time.

Like one user said this is too big of a coincidence. If they only published for big movies why didn't we see this for other big movies and why are all cinemas with 8+ screens playing it?

Guys, I'm one of the first to post about this on Yea Forums

Look at this. 2 of the most popular cinemas in Malaysia, both operated by the same chain.

Midvalley - 20 movies showing on the 5th, premieres CM on the 6th, no other movies but CM from then onwards

Pavilion - 16 movies showing on the 6th, premieres CM on the 6th (further down the list), no other movies but CM from then onwards

It's can't be just a scheduling thing. What, two theaters in the same cinema chain update their schedules on 2 different days, and it just so happens that the day they haven't updated their schedules for is the day on/after CM premieres?

The same for every other cinema in the country as well?

COINKIDINK?

Attached: Malaysia.png (1564x1232, 140K)

I checked and they showed only Captain Marvel
BUT
For only one screen. There are like 6 others that don't have revealed/booked shows yet.
Must be the same for all of you.
A nothingburger

Attached: giphy-14.gif (480x358, 1.14M)

I bet.

Then why are theaters in 12+ sized multiplexes being shut down and not showing anything that came out weeks ago?

Please add me to the funeral, dog

Attached: Screenshot_20190301-170850.png (1080x1920, 113K)

incels + low IQ + motivated reasoning = captain marvel threads

youtube.com/watch?v=HWJXh0HmKKc

Attached: 1550099625627.png (1488x1310, 1.92M)

>Wait does that mean Disney spent a ton of money for this?
No, it means they threaten studios that don't fall in line with increasingly draconian conditions. When you keep buying up studios and controlling the market, you get away with this mafia shit until you get broken up, which doesn't happen anymore. Just wait until Disney buys up even more studios.

Damn Disney I wanted to watch Alita again

Attached: Screenshot_20190302-083337.png (1080x1920, 495K)

Poland here and its weird because it seems that only movies playing week after the release is Captain Marvel and some shitty polish rom com.
Holy fuck how can they even get away with shit like that?

>checked premiere cinema in UK
>its fucking true

Attached: 3BD3D643-EFED-4499-A05A-ABBBC5EEEC11.gif (200x150, 2.11M)

>Yea Forums
>doesn't know how theater schechuling works

Attached: 700.jpg (200x313, 10K)

>no new IP
Imagine being this obsessed.

This user has the right of it here. Cinemas work out their schedules weekly (generally Thursday to Thursday), with few exceptions to this - generally for special events and films they consider to be big money makers. Considering that Captain Marvel is projected to have a fairly big release by MCU standards, the majority of cinemas are likely banking on people pre-booking to see it ASAP.
Also, the majority of these cinemas are taking bookings for only a couple of screens, unless they're small cinemas (6 is considered a "small" cinema by industry standards), they're not showing it across the board.
t. works in a cinema and has to explain how film scheduling works to annoyed customers.

ITS FEMINISTCELS FALSE FLAGGING

>must be some kind of cia spook shit
this is literally what it is
medium.com/insurge-intelligence/exclusive-documents-expose-direct-us-military-intelligence-influence-on-1-800-movies-and-tv-shows-36433107c307

When the showtimes get updated next Tuesday, these threads will look real silly

We'll see

READ YOU DUMB FAGGOTS

>Considering that Captain Marvel is projected to have a fairly big release by MCU standards

Lol this dipshit that doesn't understand how movie listings work in Australia. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>anons in this thread

Attached: a5MZ4DL_700b.jpg (326x294, 18K)

Not really.

Disney can come up with a better compromise to the cinemas/theaters for a better cut of box office returns if they only show Captain Marvel.

Alita won't make them that much more, and How to Train Your Dragon will be on its 3rd weekend by the time Captain Marvel arrives.

Hey, I only said projected, Justice League was projected for a strong opening too, and we know how that turned out.

lonely and horny post is somewhere else

I am a virgin

>there's no collusion
>this is the free market
>they'll update their showtimes
>the company that has a history of lying and cheating the public would never lie or cheat about THIS movie

i honestly cant tell if y'all are retarded or genuine mouse shills

Attached: brainlet helicopter.png (1440x1557, 738K)

I just realized Captain Marvel comes out at March 8 which is Women's Day

What did they mean by this?

Attached: 1501167922203.jpg (481x506, 27K)

PLEASE WATCH OUT MOVIE

Attached: 1523820206855.jpg (342x342, 29K)

fuck off kike

I've never had sex

Oh God you retards are spreading this conspiracy theory bullshit to other sites?

This happens ALL THE FUCKING TIME you will get the full weekend schedule on Thursday.

Reporting in from Texas, here.

Can confirm. Local AMC has ONLY Captain Marvel set for March 8th. There are no other films in the block.

If you skip ahead, precisely a week from then- THEN all the other movies are filled in.
That debunks the "Theater showings arent scheduled in advance" myth.
I can even skip 15 days ahead and see the NEW block of movies on the 30th.

Try this with your local theaters to confirm.
Skip ahead 2 weeks and look at the schedule.

SHILLS ARE IN FULL FORCE.

Attached: you have to go back.png (878x900, 464K)

very cool of you to admit that, user

Or else what?

See or any of the other aussie listings
You're the daft cunt here.

>I know better than the people who work at theaters how their schechuling works

Attached: abc.png (226x223, 7K)

I thought it was just burgerland and laughed but it's just captain marvel from the 8th right up til the 14th in Seamustown
Where is liam?

Attached: IMG_2963.jpg (640x750, 74K)

>Captain Marble
is it normal for comics to put the name of the company to their characters? what's next, Captain Disney?

Attached: sipping.jpg (300x168, 6K)

next tuesday they'll quietly move on time to threads cherrypicking reviews and quotes that fit their talking points

Thanks.

>people on the internet never lie to shill something they like

Attached: brainlet limitless.jpg (903x960, 52K)

oooohhhh Disney wants me to boycott them. I get it now. Ok, will do!

sorry senpai-san didn't get it ;)

No, you read

I'm willing to entertain this possibility because I am not a pleb who books/buys tickets with a cellphone app so I don't know how things work normally.
It is strange though that I can't find data for Friday March 8th on Friday March 1st.

It's obvious that Disney will recognize that their jig is up and will enter damage control
Fuck the mouse

just checked my local kinoplex, after the 8th all I can see is CM.

Something is strange. There's a 20 screen theater near my house. Tuesday has a full bill. Wednesday has a full bill, and they're even playing Princess Bride. Thursday, it is only Marvel. Friday, only Marvel. If it were simply that they had not finished scheduling their screens, why is Marvel listed, and nothing else? What's more, the only theaters that seem to be affected are the corporate theaters and the political theaters. The independent theaters which don't get very political do have their schedules up for that day. Almost every AMC, except the ones that cater to Indian bollywood watchers appears to only have Captain Marvel listed.

>It goes against my narrative so must be shills
In a week you will see how much of a brainlet you truly are

Attached: 34e9b98985e9931eab39e16e4428ace1.jpg (680x339, 35K)

But you don't actually know what the projections are. You have only been told the projections third hand. Almost all the rest of the behavior by the studio and the actors on press tour appear to be aimed at positioning the failure of the movie.

People better make threads after Captain Marvel comes out about how OMG YOU GUIZ THERE'S NO OTHER MOVIES PLAYING ON THE 14TH EXCEPT THIS ONE AND ONLY MOVIE!!!!11!!! THE STUDIO MUST'VE BOUGHT EVERY SCREEN IN EVERY THEATER IN EVERY TOWN IN EVERY COUNTRY

DELETE THIS

With that few showings, it's clearly not the only movie on the table for the day. Again, most theaters don't list their schedules a week in advance.

>literally every single theatre around the world, whether independent or corporate behaves in the exact same way and posts their screenings at the exact same time

seriously considering kill yourself you absolutely massive retard

If it were a scheduling thing, wouldn't we know tomorrow?

so this is going to be the excuse when you make a fool of yourselves, that's cute

Today is Friday. Thursday is less than a week from now. Even if you were right, you'd still be wrong.

how is this something new? wasn't there an article a year or two ago, about how disney intimidates theater owners into playing their films exclusively for days on end, threatening not to distribute it to them otherwise

No, you wouldn't know tomorrow. The schedule they have now runs all the way to about Wrdnesday. You'll see on Thursday there will be a brand new schedule at your theater and that will also run to the following Wednesday.

Call them up and ask the manager what other movies will be showing that Thursday/Friday. Sound like you're just curious.

Why is Captain Marvel such a big deal for Disney?
Isn't it just another side-hero movie? Shouldn't they be putting this much energy into the Avengers thing?

Based. That's what I'm doing too brother

Thank god for this reliable sources who could definitely not be any of us posting here

Like I said, scheduling is worked out in odd weeks, generally Thursday to Wednesday or Friday to Thursday, couldn't tell you why. But you should have an updated schedule on Tuesday.
You'd think so, but the idea is that corporate works out cinema schedules on Mondays (at least for where I work), and confirm them on Tuesdays - releasing them straight after to account for sales.

based disney

>Again, most theaters don't list their schedules a week in advance.
Are you dumb or just lying?

>First link
>Tricking fans into buying ticket
I don't think fans needs tricking to buy tickets.

nobody here watches films retard

I would confirm but the cinema's in my country don't go that far.

Do they schedule a week in advance or not? They certainly can't wait until Monday. There is not enough time to ship and prep the movie if they wait that long. If they are showing a movie next Thursday, they have either already put in the order, or already have a copy of it.

all these fucking capeshit retards are operating assuming that literally every single theater around the world acts in the exact same way and releases their schedules on the same day

I have no reason to believe you, and what you are saying doesn't make any sense. Worst of all, your writing reads exactly like a reddit post.

wtf disney just literally castrated me for being a white male, i'm a discord tranny now!

this
notice how the screencaps from the Brazilian, Irish and Euro anons are all being ignored

>Stockholm, 7th
47 movies showing
>Stockholm, 8th
2 movies

Haven't been to the cinema since like 2012 so I'm not sure of this is usual, but I assume the mouse also cucked us.

Attached: aaaaa.png (840x394, 165K)

Main cast avengers are all leaving after ultimatum, Disney is hyping a new "generation". It's business, the superhero memebubble is not going to burst anytime soon, and if they don't fill this vacuum, someone (DC without Hack Snyder) will

>14
>doesn't know how shipping logistics work
sounds about right.

Whenever I try to see movie dates a week or so ahead I notice the only movies they’ll list are the major releases they have since the rest of the movies are usually predicated on how well they do week to week.

It's already burst.

holy shit is this real?
the mouse has to be stopped

Notice no shills replying to this post, just checked myself as well and can see other movies a few weeks ahead.

Disney is buying out the relevant chunk of Fox. In order to get the best price for this and facilitate the best possible bump in the DIS stock price, Disney has to look as good as possible.
Ms Marvel is meant to be a tentpole movie for this purpose, while Fox is pushing back utter trash like Dark Phoenix to protect their own position.
So Ms Marvel basically has to succeed no matter what. It goes without saying too that capeshit makes more money than anything, and offsets the losses of 80% of the movie industry. Nothing can be allowed to break that veneer, even if Ms Marvel itself is mediocre.
So people are projecting theories that Disney is bullying theater operators into setting up exclusive opening weekends or that they're warehousing tickets to give away for free and listing them as actual box office revenue. Basically huge fraud and antitrust violations that aren't likely, but you wouldn't put it past the mouse to want to try it in lieu of the big buyout in June.

This is a fake and gay psyop by Disney. Disney employees are here RIGHT NOW spreading false information about >da movie theaters shitton' down only Cabdin Narvel showing XDD.

You realize that, right? You're smarter than /pol/ and understand this is fake, right?

Attached: image.jpg (728x547, 160K)

shut the fuck up and make more threads about captain marvel

i just called the cinemark in my town and asked about what that poster said. literally that weekend is blocked out but they have the schedule set for march.

HOLY SHIT IT LOOKS LIKE UNIVERSAL BOUGHT ALL THE SCREENS IN MY THEATER BECAUSE US IS GOING TO BE THE ONLY MOVIE ON THE 22ND

Attached: Screenshot_20190301-174347_Fandango.jpg (1080x1332, 287K)

Attached: IMG_2941.gif (220x198, 483K)

>that image
top hilldawg

Bulgaria here. Looks like we're not affected by this

Cuckain Mongrel is meant to replace Captain America as the leader of their films going forward(Evans and RDJ are leaving)

Attached: itsallsotiresome.png (414x402, 193K)

No one's affected by this because there's nothing going on

Daaaaaammmn
bruh is this legal?

Attached: cap.jpg (1215x633, 218K)

My cinema's showing Alien on the 7th. Looks like kino's back on the menu, boys.

Also. funnily enough I saw that on the 17th they are showing fucking Gone with the Wind of all movies in like the "big daddy" of Swedish theaters where the film premiers usually happen. Didn't know out theaters did that.
I think my 7 year streak of not going the the movies is about to end.

>empty theater with a few pensioners on a Sunday afternoon watching a one of the greatest classics ever made
Who knows, might even spurge for one of those VIP balcony seats just because.

Attached: Poster_-_Gone_With_the_Wind_01.jpg (1299x2000, 2.52M)

shut up! it's a kike conspiracy because /tvpol/ says so!

see

From friday to sunday all they'll ever screen is going to be captain Marvel

t;Växjö Sweden

Paris, France reporting in

This is getting legit spooky, should we move it to /x/?

Attached: Cinéma_UGC_Ciné_Cité_Bercy_à_Paris_-_Achat_ticket_cinéma_disponible_-_AlloCiné_-_2019-03-01_23 (796x840, 481K)

my kinoplex in Belfast is unironically showing The Dark Knight Rises on the fifth lol

FINLAND HERE AND OH SHIT,
ON 23RD THEY ARE ONLY SHOWING RICKY THE RAPPER
WE MUST STOP THE SHILLS NOW

Attached: RAP.png (1656x522, 42K)

I looked at my local theater, and I think its just that they don't have complete schedules for the films more than a week out. It only lists Captain Cunt, but for 4 time slots. I don't think that means everything else is closed. Just that they haven't displayed the complete film listing. Even if you look another week farther ahead, it only lists 1 film as well, which isn't Captain Frown.

Disney is clearly desperate for this movie to do well. Normally I assume shill posters are just shit posting, but I would legitimately believe there are shills here right now. So many posters trying to deny facts that we can all easily check for ourselves.

230 minute window between showings. 6 screens minimum there, maybe 7.
How many does that theater have in total?

>waaaaaah! waaaaaaaah! stop showing the movie! it's not f-fair!!!! theaters s-should be forced to show all movies equally despite CM being the only one that will actually make money!! i-it's a conspiracy! m-mouse s-shills! REEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1480433440660.jpg (732x920, 116K)

there's a difference between the 23rd and the fucking 8th you dick for brains.
Also you're acting like this isn't happening in multiple countries on the same day

Exactly

Just confirmed my local AMC theater is only showing CM . There is one other showing for an autist friendly film on Saturday morning, and a special live performance of Bolshoi balet that night. No other Hollywood movies.

It's exactly the fucking same you troglodyte

This is standard

Next week if you tried to see showings for the 14th you would probably only see Wonder Park and Five Feet Apart.

>it's almost as if it's the only major release on that day
nah can't be it must be a mouse conspiracy

Attached: 1527318226845.jpg (866x900, 101K)

Thing is they didn't even do this for infinity war, the one everybody wanted to see. There weren't this many showings of it on this many screens all at the same time. This is some weird shit.

Theatre has about 12 screens. Captain Marvel blackout runs for about 1 week.

this post will be ignored my mousecucks

Disney wouldn't do anything so blatant.

It's just /pol/ conspiritards. Calm down, you crazy incels. Just don't watch the movie.

>Dread it, run from it, destiny arrives all the same. And now, it’s here. Or should I say, I am.

Attached: Her time.gif (676x654, 91K)

no it isn't you fucking retard. my local cinemark has shit scheduled for the entire month of march already and only this weekend is blacked out. keep working and shilling for the mouse for free though

Yes there were

Theaters always play big movies on multiple screens so they can make the most money and if you had looked at that weekend the week before like you're doing with Captain Marvel it would also have been the only movie with showtimes

>Just don't watch the movie.
No

Okay then screencap the 22nd or the 15th

>buying out cinemas

And how do they profit on this? It only looks good in the box office but the truth is that the costs are hidden and are enormous.

If you go to the very next weekend of the 14/15th, and look at the times, there's only one or two movies listed as well. You're literally misreading how they post times. Post screenshots from your local theater for March 14, 15, 16. If you can't do that then you're the shill.

Worse than that. There's literally nothing of note coming out all March.

I'm saying I did for infinity war, the biggest capeshit movie ever besides avengers, which I also did this for, as well as avengers 2. I did this so I could buy 8 tickets to see it with friends and had to do it a week in advance, there weren't this many showings for any of them. I live in New York, that's where you would do this kinda thing and need to reserve in advance.

This would've made sense for infinity war, but they didn't even do this for that movie.

>only major release
Huh, that's weird. Tons of movies are made every year. Many are even coming out on the 8th. But only one of them is "major," and only one is worth showing. Crazy how it is sometimes. It's certainly not as though there are extensive and borderline legal PR/Marketing machines to control as much as possible the movie industry.

The theater I'm looking at doesn't have anything at all after march 6th. Surprise it's not a conspiracy, they just don't plan that far ahead.
In other cases I'm guessing that captain marvel just happens to be the first one they bothered adding.

Well it's not like I can watch anything else.

What other new releases are out that week?

Attached: ZACK MAKES MOVIES FOR TRUE DC FANS.jpg (638x440, 101K)

Not until they post the new schedule on Thursday

Original OP of original thread here. A Youtuber who used to work in a cinema says we are all wrong about it.
>TLDR movies for Thursday get booked Monday/Tuesday except for big movies which get booked in advance, which is why movies that have been out for a while will appear later
Hope this reaches a few of you, as I might have made a mistake. We'll see Tuesday I guess.
youtube.com/watch?v=z8Fj6evzQl0

Attached: coldshower2.jpg (1000x757, 55K)

People are just pretending, right? These theatres just haven't yet set the times for showings that far in advance, save for Captain Marvel due to the popularity of the franchise and high expectations for advance ticket sales. They have those showings because they predict people will be buying tickets in advance for some of those shows, but they do not predict that the other movies showing at that time will have similar pre-purchasing of tickets.

Use some fucking common sense.

>mouseshills on damage control

Attached: A5F3E98C-45B8-4645-B7E1-38DB8C52709C.jpg (384x285, 24K)

>March 7, 2019 will be the 2019 Annual Meeting of Disney shareholders
kek

The amount of heman woman haters on this website is staggering

Attached: 1550890279158.jpg (2048x1591, 430K)

In the US at least this is because screenings aren't booked until Tuesday or Wednesday - except the movies with pre-sale deals.

This guy worked in a theater and explains why this isn't a thing, and why you still shouldn't wait until March 8th to see Alita: youtube.com/watch?v=z8Fj6evzQl0

Obviously this former theater employee is just a mouseshill doing damage control

No, not like this.

Attached: alita.jpg (1241x573, 103K)

I hope it still flops. Imagine theaters only showing CM and most still not giving a shit.

Southend-on-Sea Odeon, UK. 8 Screens. Massive array of films on Thursday 7th. On Friday fuck all, bar Captain Marvel. This trend continues over the entire weekend, with the exception of a solitary afternoon screening of a Bolshoi ballet performance on Sunday.

Attached: There can be only one.png (1530x1080, 253K)

Disney is just using the reality stone, but don't worry I have the time stone in my possession. It's gonna be alright

>Or else what?
get swatted

>forcing people to watch this shit so hard

the absolute state of capeshit

He isn't, Odin's been ranting about Captain Marvel and how horrible it is for weeks.

Attached: blowjob lips.png (483x251, 154K)

It’s not going to be the only movie playing retards. It’s the only movie they’ve set show times for that far in advance because of its release date + its expectation as a blockbuster.
Dumbass assin asses

This makes sense when you think about it.
It's International Roastie day.
This is obvious their angle.

Yes such major releases are getting sidelined for Captain Marvel as "The Emperor of Paris", "Greta", and "Wonder Park"
C'mon dude.

Just remember to smash that like button when Jeremy posts his hot new take on this SJW Mouse shill conspiracy

Attached: jeremy.jpg (843x562, 54K)

For a whole week?

>It's fucking true
JFC I gotta see Alita yet

Attached: 37821904-3452.png (1920x966, 752K)

New Zealand user checking in, this is real wtf, this is the link to every cinema owned by the big cinema chains session times, all captain marvel for 4 days
eventcinemas.co.nz/Sessions#cinemas=504,518,501,508,516,515,507,514,510,517,502,511,509,513,519,512,506,505,503&date=2019-03-07

Attached: Capture.png (1531x814, 237K)

in connecticut

what the fuck

Attached: it's real.png (683x294, 15K)

WTF? This is illegal

this. don't forget to like and subscribe! we can beat those evil SJWs as long as I get my youtube bucks! #riseupincels

>Original OP of original thread here. A Youtuber who used to work in a cinema says we are all wrong about it.
>>TLDR movies for Thursday get booked Monday/Tuesday except for big movies which get booked in advance, which is why movies that have been out for a while will appear later
>Hope this reaches a few of you, as I might have made a mistake. We'll see Tuesday I guess.
>youtube.com/watch?v=z8Fj6evzQl0

Thanks for posting this - hope the ragers see it.

A Chris Pratt Western, a Dev Patel bollywood film aimed at Western markets, a J.K. Simmons drama, a Julianne Moore film for divorcees, a Gen X dad comedy, and a Chinese art film. The more interesting question is why has no other studio chosen to release anything on the same day as Captain Marvel? There is really no reason a movie has to ship on any particular date other than marketing strategy. There is absolutely zero organic hype for Captain Marvel. Marvel Comics forced the character in paper, and their sales tanked. It has been a very obvious corporate push, that has never found an audience. The publicly rumored projections have steadily been revised down. The cast has made "antagonizing" comments that were forced, out-of-touch, and didn't actually have any real world motivation. They've put out more marketing materials than they did for Black Panther, and even Avengers: Infinity War, but with fewer/stranger liscencing deals (just saw a co-branded Wix ad playing off the movie release, but there's no lettuce packages like there were for Last Jedi). The critics have been gagged an exceptionally long time. Rotten Tomatoes didn't simply pad the numbers, they removed an essential site feature entirely. Every sign points to a complete failure of a film. Conclusion: Disney has used exceptional industry leverage to try and salvage the movie, and it's still unsalvageable. The damage will be catastrophic. Unlikely alternative: Captain Marvel will be one of the biggest pop-culture phenomenons since Indiana Jones. I guess we'll all see in a week.

YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO SEE MY KINO user

Attached: 29bfdc7ec47a66735dd5de6b9b84a93e.jpg (648x900, 72K)

No, you brainlet.

Yes, mainly about how the actor, the source material and the spoilers all being shit. We might still get a good movie, but that's doubtful.

fag

They are doing the same shit here in Poland. Only Captain Marvel on 8th of March along with a low budget Polish romantic comedy movie. Disney can't get away with this.

This is just like 1984.

??

Attached: 426346346346.png (1271x848, 49K)

They will in the US. No one at the DOJ would dare prosecute Disney execs for this "minor" issue.

It's not factually correct considering the schedule go back to normal after the captain Fungus blitz

Too late the damage is done

We're going to have generals about this shit because of your stupidity

im the guy you responded to, and if i look at the day before captain marvel comes out, there are tons of other movies to buy tickets for. Everything after that is just Captain marvel

The Joose are at it again.
With these kind of shenanigans it's going to be 8 years

Attached: anzu im schrank.jpg (1294x899, 1.02M)

Yep there's already people latching onto it. Now this will be in every thread for years after release.
>CM makes $1b
>"HURRR BUT THEY BOUGHT OUT THEATERS AND NOBODY COULD SEE ANY OTHER MOVIE FOR A WEEK DURRR"

This is why capitalism is bad. You let rich corporation get more power you will eventually give them your freedom.

There is only one nationwide release next week, and only a handful of limited releases. That's highly unusual. Even if there were only 1 nationwide, you would still expect to see a significant amount of limited releases. Shazam! and Hellboy were both pushed back from January to April, only weeks before Avengers: Endgame. Captain Marvel is the only major studio movie coming out in March. not normal.

WTF how much money Disney spent to buy literally every cinema on this planet? Does it even make sense from economical viewpoint?

the same is happening here in Italy.
even huge multiplexes with 20 screens only show Captain Marvel for a week straight

Attached: cmita.png (1238x1552, 503K)

hahaha, lol. A socialist complaining about capitalism taking away freedom by not making more capeshit for him, as though the lack of selection were the problem, and not the capeshit.

>The more interesting question is why has no other studio chosen to release anything on the same day as Captain Marvel?

Attached: 1430797608139.jpg (489x464, 50K)

Holy fuck, I checked earlier and didn't see it first, but then I went back now and looked a little deeper and it's fucking true. Dude, wtf. I don't even live in a big city.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-01 Cineport 10 - Las Cruces - 03-08-2019 - Allen Theatres, Inc .png (1293x2527, 1.02M)

Money?
>Show our movie for a whole week or we'll blacklist you for future Disney releases

Kind of a mixed bag here in SoCal. Some are only showin CM, others are doing their regular features including CM.

shazam was always an april release wtf are you talking about

I just checked my closest theater and march 7 plus a few more days are only Captain Marvel and How to train your dragon. That's weird, but I've never looked up a movie so far in advance. Do they usually not schedule times far in advance except for big movies? I find it extremely hard to believe they would only show two movies, these are big theatres.

B-but they will add more movies on Tuesday!!

Attached: 1547736669259.jpg (750x710, 64K)

MONDAY

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-01-18-37-37.png (480x800, 137K)

TUESDAY

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-01-18-37-54.png (480x800, 149K)

>be theater operator
>most sales are big flicks like MCU, formerly harry potter, formerly star wars (when I started)
>build schedules around them because you can get advance ticket sales

wednesday. Fuck it I am fully boycotting for once.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-01-18-38-09.png (480x800, 144K)

Unironically rent free

But Disney is no stranger to strongarm theaters into growing their movie on the biggest screens.
But making the theatres show only one movie for a week is far fetched

Attached: reddcm.png (1467x820, 519K)

You're literally just admitting that you're so young you can't remember back when studios would release similar movies, sometimes even on the same day, just to try and hurt the other's sales. If a studio has a movie they know is going to do well, and they get knowledge that Captain Marvel sucks, they would normally move their better movie to a more competitive date. All of the maneuvers by Disney at this point indicate a complete flop. The only thing that suggest the movie is any good is rumored $100 million projected domestic opening. Nobody believes that. Given the circumstances, it is quite obvious that there are heavy industry maneuvers to try and salvage this. There are likely multiple finance machines jeapordized by a poor performance. Captain Marvel has a central role in Endgame, released only a month later. If Captain Marvel flops, Endgame will flop. If endgame flops, Marvel films are dead. It would seem they put too many chips on a bad bet.

how do i let trump know about this

Realistically, what's the point of (((them))) doing this? If someone doesn't want to see the movie, won't they just not see it? Who even goes to the movies these days without checking what's playing?

[email protected]

Yeah, my bad. It was only Hellboy that was pushed back. I misread the article. Given that Shazam has never been delayed after production started, this release slot makes sense.

It's even worse for comics.
Marvel straight up counts all shipped copies as "sold" and it's up to retailer, who pays for shipping, to actually sell them.

No way, I have never seen a film do this before, for any sort of advanced screenings.
Even for some big releases, by theatres would only have small amounts of showings.

hahaha, it's going to totally backfire. soon that thread will be deleted or locked.

I thought it could maybe be this, too, but at my theaters the week after it is back to normal lol.

>30 sessions

Got a friend who works for one of the biggest cinema chains in my city, they currently have at least half of the screenings reserved for this not sure if this is normal for marvel shit but it still seems strange

>if CM does as well as BP
They clearly know their audience, I'll give them that.

>Marvel straight up counts all shipped copies as "sold" and it's up to retailer, who pays for shipping, to actually sell them.
that actually sounds reasonable but not for episodic comics, their more in the magazine bracket, in that retailers need to return unsold magazines because nobody wants to read an old issue, but marvel comics doesn't accept returns or better deals on the number of comics shipped, they want to be treated as an artwork piece that should be saved like a rare item when in reality their comics suck.

it seems very strange that so many multiplexes have yet to decide the times of next thursday's screenings, even for pretty big movies (at least in their native countries) that were just released.

>Fuck it I am fully boycotting for once.
For once? Were you actually going to see this pile of shit?

Oh yeah SUUUUUUUURE man all theaters across multiple countries just happen to have only set times for this one particular movie.

> top posts are on /r/ politics
> THAT Fucking time zone
> 63 posts on politics in the past couple of months
>Analyser said IQ was around 90
This is what I share Yea Forums with now.

LOL wtf. You can't check on a Tuesday to see what's on on a Thursday? In ANY cinema across the globe where this Disney thing is happening

I was going to see endgame as the last thing I saw by disney. I am no longer seeing endgame but pirating it now. Fuck Disney.