The Orville

how did you feel when Alara left the show?

Attached: tumblr_owll58ngFt1qiuc6yo1_500.gif (500x280, 1.8M)

nice to look at but meh pesonality.

Dropped the show afterwards, it's nothing but ultra progressive leftist brainwashing propaganda anyways.

Nothing because I don't watch this garbage.

She was too fat to take seriously as a strong woman

Attached: 1551011046575.jpg (743x1024, 105K)

Felt great. New Alara is so much better.

meth alara is disgusting

I felt anger, rage, sorrow, and pickles.

Jesus.

Attached: 1531866890413.png (691x597, 16K)

>mfw

Attached: halstonSage sitting in a bathtub, sad.jpg (1916x796, 87K)

Does anyone have a mega?

Is she gone? I never bothered starting Season 2, the first season was shit.

Yes, nothing says well-written likable character like insulting your superiors, endangering relations with other species and breaking down crying when it doesn't work out, all because a moclan broke into your (a.k.a. the chief security officer's) room to say he wants you because you have a vagina and his people don't.

She's gone and now the show is even shittier if you can believe it.

nope

what are you even talking about, the show is amazing now. especially compared to current trek

>it's better than the other entries in the same genre so it's good
Don't do that.

Even with the last two episodes that are the highest rated of the show I have still not spotted one ounce of creativity, for its entire duration my mind kept drawing comparisons with the Geth of the Mass Effect series who are leagues ahead in writing. Not perfect because of all the gay shit they did with the 3rd video game, but still much much much better than the Kaylons and their 'dilemma'. All the writing in the Orville is surface-level and until that changes I will always call the show below average.

if you dont like it dont watch it i suppose. all of us are enjoying it.

>i just fucking HATE fun
Go watch your trash "nigger women is good" show

>if you dont like it dont watch it i suppose.
Careful user

Attached: Orville.png (1534x1122, 2.07M)

What makes you think I watch STD, user? Its writing is equally bad.

that was jan 8th, im sure it's higher now. especially with these awesome episodes. lets just hope they keep it up

Nu-Alara is just as good, surprisingly. Last two episodes have redeemed the bad episodes of this season. Orville was always better than STD but now it's not even close.

wouldn't be so bad if they didn't replace her with a 70 year old goblin

Miss Carrie June

I’m Subscribed to her on Instagram

>being this stupid

Attached: dssdr.png (645x773, 10K)

irl she's like 30. On the show, she looks like a 45-year-old meth addict.

I didn't care.

Attached: Characters+Orville.png (1500x1904, 1.47M)

I actually watched that movie despite Yea Forums's warnings. It wasn't nearly as cucked as I thought, but I couldn't believe that she Cara was the Queen Stacey of the school and not her.

I could also not believe that the sperg got to go out with her etc.

Anyone else feels Identity (2) sucks compared to (1)? it felt rushed, they should have at least made it a three part arc, maybe some more struggle and not have the Krill make a Deus ex machina last minute save.

Also, starships moving like anime characters just like the Dominion war in dogfights is pretty shitty, they should have added some cylon techniques of electronic warfare, they're the kylon after all, disabling shields, deactivating weapons, stuff like that

Ramming through Union vessels was a nice thing tho

>not have the Krill make a Deus ex machina last minute save.
How are they deus ex machina when that was their literal plan to save the Union was to send out a shuttle pod to beg for Krill aid? There's no other way they could had beaten a surprise invasion from a technologically superior species of robots that wouldn't had been just as "dues ex machina."

Also, a dues ex machina implies it only served to get them out of a problem they couldn't solve themselves. It serves to forcefully soften ties between the Union and Krill which is huge.

>Janeway in god-tier

I stopped reading there.

The writing is just bad user.

Egotistic Funtime on YouTube said she's coming back. Which means we got season 3

I like some of that dude's reviews but his theme song "give me all your money!" Is annoying as fuck and ensures I will never give that fat faggot any of my money

>How are they deus ex machina when that was their literal plan to save the Union was to send out a shuttle pod to beg for Krill aid?
Because they dropped out of quantum space right in front of Earth the moment Kaylon vessels were less than 50.000 km away to bombard it. The timing makes it deus ex machina, there wasn't even a long sensor detecting them or a message from them, which I understand it was for the plot, but it was poorly delivered
>Also, a dues ex machina implies it only served to get them out of a problem they couldn't solve themselves
Exactly, the Kaylon invasion couldn't be solved by themselves because the entire Union fleet couldn't be there in time, it would have taken weeks as said previously by the Admiral's clerck. Textbook deus ex machina, whatever happens next with the relations between krill and union doesn't removes the deus ex machina status from their last minute appereance. They even immediately left after they destroyed the kaylons!

>including non-canon STD

>Trip
>God tier

Dropped

Did you guys spot when Kelly called Talla by the name Alara? It was a couple of eps back.

He's great. If he reviews an Orville episode he's always positive and giddy. If he reviews STD he rightly calls everything in it trash. Comfy viewing

But a Deus ex machina is "a plot device whereby a seemingly unsolvable problem in a story is suddenly and abruptly resolved by an unexpected and seemingly unlikely occurrence"

The Krill showing up to help wasn't unexpected or unlikely. Dozens of anons predicted it after last week's episode. And it's not unlikely that the Krill would ally with the union to fight a common enemy

Trip is based

Attached: Tucker1.gif (500x300, 1.18M)

>Picard
>Okay tier
This chart is wrong to the point of offensiveness. Patrick Stewart is the fucking reason TNG made it past season one you fucking pleb.

Exactly.

If you want examples of bad writing, though, just look at any episode - hell, any line of dialogue from STD. Every single second put to air of that fucking trash is a disaster. A complete and utter insult to sci-fi fans and Star Trek, saying it's a shitshow that embarrasses all involved is a massive understatement. If I could, I would force everybody who willingly subjects themselves to that show to a frontal lobotomy - they're already drooling retarded, of course, but I just want to make sure they're unable to even find the remote to switch on their beloved CBS All Access Jewish scam app. Fuck STD, fuck everything about it and especially fuck the CBS Shills who come here looking to trash the good name of the Orville - the true successor to Star Trek.

Attached: 159670.jpg (565x960, 80K)

Then why's he so boring? He's only good when he's playing off of Q which isn't enough.

Attached: lights.jpg (480x360, 7K)

FLEET JUMPS

Attached: jump no sound.webm (576x324, 313K)

I'm the user you replied to and I like both shows you false flagging butthole (I like the Orville more though)

JFC the answer to why he is awesome is right there in your attached picture.

No false flag here, STD is an abomination.

Also, credit where credit is due. Nice trips. Zeroes even.

That was just him being a whiney bitch seriously

I don't see what that had to do with the conversation though.

You're a lost cause user.

Old Alara is cuter but new Alara is a way better actress.

>rent free

I don't watch Star Trek.
Can we keep that cuck shit out of here?
Orville thread means The Orville.

Attached: AD7F73BC12CD49B391434BC0350D7AB4.jpg (1920x1080, 895K)

>The timing makes it deus ex machina
No it doesn't. Deus ex machina is about something being established, not its timing. It was established, therefore it's not a deus ex machina.

I'm upset that we didn't get more Union ship types and at how shit our planetary defense's are.

TOS is based.
TAS is neutral.
TNG is cucked.
DS9 is based.
VOY is based.
ENT is based.
DSC is cucked.

That was hilarious

Attached: BasedVoyager.jpg (618x2816, 1.31M)

>VOYager
>ENTerprise
>DiSCovery
brilliant

Literally dropped the show

Watch identity parts one and two at least

>The Original Series
>The Animated Series
>The Next Generation
>Deep Space 9
>VOYager

Brilliant

>3 words = initial of each word
>1 word = first 3 letters
>Discovery = first 3 letter EXCEPT FOR VOWELS BECAUSE LOL I DON'T KNOW
God you're thick

I don't think it can recover from the atrocious first few episodes

Does DIS sound like a good show

New Alara is really growing on me. The scene with her telling Klyden to go fuck himself was great .

>Lorca not in God Tier

Into the trash it goes.

oh, wow, it's an AI race rebels against their creators episode, that' never been done before.

Attached: my_face_is_tired.png (499x472, 239K)

It's more of an AI race becomes everything they hate out of fear and hypocrisy episode

This show... is just so stupid.
Virtually nothing makes sense, it's inconsistent with the characters, and that nig commander is a complete sociopath.

>too fat
Too skinny. She's a stringbean

Attached: giv.png (778x512, 45K)

Explain. The first season is hard enough going through.

? Wrong thread?

>m'ress
>okay
user...

Attached: Lieutenant M'ress.png (3920x2204, 1.59M)

BASED

>THIS EPISODE GOOD BECAUSE LOTS OF ACTION

Attached: 1539825972563.png (644x800, 11K)

You can't seriously think the Orville is good wth

>the episode is good because they're just sitting around scratching their balls

Attached: 97CCE6B4-ED05-4BAB-863B-7FDF3C51DD15.png (380x349, 77K)

During the deflector test, right. That's a myth, she actually said LaMarr.

Your post doesn't even seem related to the show, who the fuck is the nig commander for instance? Their isn't one

>show keeps the same format of lifting plotlines out of older Star Trek episodes
>half the episodes released so far have basically been Spanish soap operas
>the other half doesn't manage to be memorable one bit since the writing is 3rd grade level of deep
>triple the two niglet scenes from the first season
>more preaching
>no adventure
>no satisfying conclusions

I honestly think season 1 was overall better

>using racist terms
opinion discarded

The guy that'd rather assume the commanders of the orville dead and left in a zoo or another member to be tortured on a reddit planet

>>half the episodes released so far have basically been Spanish soap operas
>can't understand the concept of show budgeting
He was saving up for the space battle this episode, it was obvious from the get-go.

Kids are annoying in any show, but they're particularly annoying because of shitty writing

You can do bottle episodes without shit writing, user

?

Attached: ha-ha.jpg (480x360, 7K)

Who got /mistyeyes/ when the Protectors of Earth stood awaiting their destiny

Orville is a comfy show, but I don't know why people would discuss the happenings of the show seriously. The show is just dumb like Star Trek, but it's also a comedy show and doesn't take itself seriously.

The Kaylon invasion made no sense, had they just went straight for earth none of the fleet would have been there, nor would the Krill get involved. Obviously since it's a silly little show so they make up dumb stuff, but I don't get why anyone would see these episodes as something special.

shell be back for the rape train episode

The admiral's aide clearly said it would take weeks to assemble the entire fleet.

But... they did go straight to Earth. That was the plot.

Does STD?

But they did go straight for Earth...

No, they kept the crew alive to do a trojan horse attack which there was no reason for seeing as they would have won the battle even with a fleet ready to meet them. The reason they lost is because they kept the crew alive, it was completely pointless.

Kill the entire crew and none of the dumb stuff happens, there was no "logical" reason to keep the crew alive except for the writers needing a dumb plot.

They had no way of knowing how prepared Earth was for their attack. A Trojan horse approach was the most logical course of action

This is what happens when dumb writers try to write intelligent characters

Orville Derangement Syndrome

if kaylons can be disable by a simple emp, why didn't their biological creators use that against them? Or the union use emp bombs to disable them and their ships?

>kaylons can be disable by a simple emp
are you serious?

Attached: F28AB085-DA72-432E-9424-733F446A651F.gif (200x150, 901K)

Maybe it wasn't a simple EMP, but a super advanced EMP that only Isaac could have made

the ship was fine after its use, only affected the kaylons

he didn't sound like it was anything special

Babylon 5 > Orville > Star Trek

This is best girl anyway

Attached: bones.png (500x500, 507K)

she cute

At first I was unhappy, but thought things would work out.
Now I'm just unhappy. Don't like the replacement.

Confirmed. Only retards make tier lists.

1planet with 3x better ships vs a union of 300 planets, it doesn't make sense

Do you agree with the ratings?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-01 The Orville (TV Series 2017– ).png (620x320, 164K)

Isaac being a gud boi was a let down

The space battle was kino, but part 2 was pretty disappointing desu
The Kaylon went from being a technological singularity who did whatever was the most logical and efficient, to emotional and vindictive.
Also not sure why Telaya wasn't in the episode. Seems like a waste to build a relationship between her and Ed, and not have that be one of the factors bringing the alliance together.

fucking this. was hoping for at least a 'hello'

The next episode is supposed to be about peace talks with The Union and Krill, I suspect they're saving her for that one.

The point is that they're not actually as perfect and logical as they believe themselves to be.

>EMH
>god tier
pedo detected

Could they have placed the eyelights in a more retarded orientation?

I don't mind some twist or reveal for the villains, but if the twist is something less interesting than what I already assumed then you can't expect me to not be disappointed.
There's nothing at all separating the Kaylon from any other generic alien threat anymore.

Name a better show so I can shit your choices.

I wasn't a huge fan of the character and when the episode aired there was still some feelings of hope the character could one day return.

The replacement hasn't really developed much other than she's going to hate Clydan pretty much forever.

So in the end the change wasn't for any better.

The Expanse is the only sci-fi show I watched that I really enjoyed

black don't crack

Attached: teilightzonterling.jpg (434x375, 15K)

I would suck her roid clit.

Discovery gets season 3
Orville gets cancelled

Why?

Attached: 1551036223074.jpg (850x822, 173K)

Based and benkaran-pilled

Only closet fags are attracted to muscle girls

Indeed

Attached: sugar.png (414x531, 369K)

Even Sisko knew.

Attached: latest.jpg (653x490, 76K)

YES

Attached: boobs.png (736x548, 875K)

Whenever I see these lists I feel like movie captains should get a different entry from show captains.
Kirk and Picard both are totally different characters in the movies.

What the fuck is Lieutenant Chinless doing so far up there?

Attached: REMOVE THA FECKIN' PAINT YE CARDIE CUNT.png (695x838, 538K)

Last two episodes were based.

Bump.

takes time to recall the fleet stretched through the whole universe

on the other hand the Krill got there in no time so dunno lol

This episode was pretty anticlimatic. Also is this guy related to the doctor?

Attached: The.Orville.S02E09.Identity.Part.2.1080p.WEBRip.6CH.x265.HEVC-PSA.mkv_snapshot_25.12_[2019.03.01_20. (1920x1080, 2.13M)

It really was The Orville's "Best of Both Worlds", right down to part 2 being a bit of a letdown.

Sisko not in god tier....

second parts of twoparters are pretty much always rather predictable and not living up to the hype of part one
that's just the way it is

Oh by the way I am out of the closet if you have a dick I will suck it.

Hey Faggots,
My name is Gordon, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day looking at stupid ass pictures. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any pussy? I mean, I guess it's fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures on facebook.
Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. I was captain of the Union Point football team, and starter on my basketball team. What sports do you play, other than "jack off to naked drawn Japanese people"? I also fly hundreds of light years a week, and have a banging hot First Officer (She just blew me; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.
Pic Related: It's me and my bitch"

Attached: Gordon cash.png (726x753, 1.2M)

>Hating on Based Arex
Faggot.

The Krill are just one heavily militarised race, it hasn't really been established how far their influence stretches.

I felt rough.

Attached: Halston Doggo.png (607x619, 473K)

Hate to nitpick, but the chances of life evolving on a planet with 10x Earth gravity are exactly 0%. The tiniest plant life would get flattened, nevermind a bipedal upright humanoid species. But whatever, it's sci fi.

Attached: Oh Ok.jpg (1356x1380, 148K)

I just took it as the death world trope of HFY material.

TELL THAT TO PRIMARY'S SNAPPED NECK

I don't know whether to be proud or disappointed that they didn't say Enterprise or Discovery when they were calling out the ships that got rekt by the Kaylon. They could have gotten away with it, I mean, its not as if those words began in Star Trek.

I'll miss her because she's adorable, but Talla is much better suited to the role

I read that in his voice

>that quick cut to the side of the orville being shot and a few crew members thrown into space
I missed that. Is there a webm?

Attached: 1551431234091.webm (1920x1080, 1.41M)

Of course not.
All of her relatives are blonde haired, blue eyed, fair skinned people who burn easily in the summer sun.

Thanks. No wonder I missed it. That was really hard to see.

I thought this was a light comedy show.

It really is amazing how many random crew members died in the last two episodes. I hope we're gonna get scenes of Isaac walking around and random crewman looking at him warily.

This doctor of course.

Attached: robert-picardo-star-trek.jpg (709x530, 58K)

What I mean is that there is so much bright fire, and it goes by so fast, that it's hard to see what's going on. I would have thought they might have shown another exterior shot of the bodies floating away into space, like in that episode of Enterprise.

>He will never be your snobby dad.
It hurts.

Attached: Me and my boyfriend.jpg (750x1000, 120K)

>Ooo, Izakku-kun, you gon make me squirt

CUTE

I stopped watching this show a few episodes into the first season. None of the jokes were funny and it looked like another TNG rip off. I have no idea why nobody tries to redo the Original Series style. There's so much more potential there. People have been sort of ripping off TNG and tweaking it since it came out. But nobody follows the Original Series decorum. The closest thing I've seen is that black mirror episode.

no one wanted to air seth's roleplay show so he did what he had to do:
pitch it as a "comedy" to fox

So will humans go full stargate with Isaac's tech gibs now

terrible unfunny show for people who have no sense of humor and for Americans.

OI M8 YOU GOT A LOICENSE FOR THAT OBSESSION

you might notice I typed "humor" with American spelling instead of British.

My penis was sad

What happened to this show? I remember watching it 2017.

It's in the middle of Season 2 now, awaiting word on Season 3.

season two is midway
after several mediocre episodes we just got a bitchin' twoparter

>use they dropped out of quantum space right in front of Earth the moment Kaylon vessels were less than 50.000 km away to bombard it
are you retarded, dramatic timing is not a deus ex machina

Filth. Alara is not for sexual.

Alara is for kisses and snuggling

that was episode 2 of the new season; the season as a whole has been averaging 6-8mil per episode, which is more then the 4-6mil for season 1, and many times more then the estimated 120,000 for STD

So what division does a grey w/ purple accent uniform denote? High rank admin?

Attached: the orville.webm (576x324, 2.86M)

>and many times more then the estimated 120,000 for STD
Where'd you get that figure?

Talla is less cute. But she's played by a better actress...

Attached: jessica-szohr-4-1014x570.jpg (1014x570, 46K)

Feels weird. I was enjoying her character arc and the left it open for her to maybe come back one day. Talla is growing on me though. I enjoyed watching her call out Klyden on being such an insufferable shitbag all the time

That is a surprisingly cute picture of her

Before it started, the previews literally made it look like "Married With Crew", and the first two episodes were like that too. I'm sure he did that to get Fox execs to green light it.

It wouldn't surprise me, he killed over 3000 people to make family guy

Good, embrace the change.

Attached: 50024451_133198477714063_8607780831797961285_n.jpg (1080x1080, 75K)

Attached: 1540170716796.jpg (639x716, 48K)

I think she's a much better security chief. I just miss Alara's cuteness

He's pulling it out of his ass. The real number is estimated to be about 50,000.

>better security chief
How? She couldn't even keep a kid from waltzing off the ship.

Attached: 1537793980078.jpg (600x600, 166K)

I meant in terms of her acting. Alara seemed way too young

rarbg u fag

Yuck

Attached: KCIWv.jpg (300x481, 48K)

this show is boring as fuck. every episode is just "mochlan tradition!" on repeat. theres entire crew members that we never get to explore, but we're so far up Bortus' ass that no one cares. where the fuck is the bubble headed engineer even from?!

RATINGS
FUCKING
PLUMMET

I’m cool with Dann not getting any exposure and just being “that guy” on the crew. At least until Season 3, then maybe he can be the Barkley

Holodeck, activate Moclan sex picnic program 3-4. Deactivate safety protocols

I thought the Moclan episodes were all good except for the one with Locar. That was one of the worst of the whole series. Ja'loja and Primal Urges were great in my opinion, but I guess that just proves your point that there are too many Moclan episodes in Season 2 alone

He's talking about an admiral from season one.

We have nine main characters, they've been explored just fine. I don't know why you're acting like it's Discovery where we still don't know who half the fucking bridge crew are.

Do you people not remember that Telaya was a teacher on a random Krill ship they happened to board? Why would she be on this random Krill ship as well?

God, I wonder how many people died to the Orville shooting shit at the Earth

Looks like those stray bolts are heading to Mexico.

Attached: 1462550805310.png (543x523, 262K)