/ABAG/ Alita: Battle Angel General #66

This is thread is for discussion of Alita: Battle Angel.

Trailers
youtube.com/watch?v=mkZsFiVQQsk
youtube.com/watch?v=w7pYhpJaJW8

Rotten Tomatoes - Critics 60% Audience 94%
rottentomatoes.com/m/alita_battle_angel
IMDB - 7.6/10
imdb.com/title/tt0437086/

Production Cost and Box Office Sales Numbers
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=alita.htm

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1551332085297.jpg (1881x1460, 1.14M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iunHUojjd3o
pastebin.com/v3KxyGrZ
i.imgur.com/qgJ2aZS.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=5BskOC-maU0
i.imgur.com/E2KhFma.jpg
twitter.com/BattleAngel14
mediafire.com/file/hi7c8gq961mak38/Grewishka%27s_Drums.wav/file
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/image/tkOYrOboKMWRQWOwx6S4rw/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alita:_Battle_Angel
youtube.com/watch?v=4sCXkpZsBRg
youtube.com/watch?v=BIyvSKCnBnk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>66

Attached: 15511139588990.jpg (940x620, 47K)

Nice digits. Savor Alita being #1 worldwide while you can.

Attached: ww.png (260x168, 5K)

is it a common thing for movies to be cropped like alita was?

Healed

Wake up user, you're supposed to watch me in IMAX 3D today

Attached: 151051069016.jpg (761x568, 101K)

>that pose
>shitting on your face

But I saw it in IMAX 3D yesterday, Alita. I wish I could go today. Maybe this weekend. I've already seen it 5 times.

>AAAAHHHHH DON'T LOOK I'M FAPPING TO TRANNY BDSM
Seriously though, she's a creep.

The Wandering Earth which is a chinese movie is at $685 million. Mojo just doesn't report it for some reason.

youtube.com/watch?v=iunHUojjd3o

Attached: 1551331779389.gif (1000x1000, 451K)

GET OUT OF HERE

Attached: out.png (1280x536, 579K)

But Alita, I'm with my gf...

I actually was going to because I thought this was the last day for IMAX but either Cineplex decided to renew it for another week or they don't update their play times until Thursday and only go 1 week in advance. Either way, I have a chance to see it next Tuesday instead so I will. I already saw it in IMAX twice and my wallet can't take another 20 dollar ticket.

Why are you babysitting these threads, janny? Are you being paid like you were for reylo?

Attached: faceblita.jpg (926x3329, 307K)

GOD I JUST WANT TO LEAVE FLESHY PRISON
LET ME BECOME A BRAIN IN A TUBE
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1320628988259.jpg (553x388, 120K)

Y0ur th0ught 0n this?

Attached: edward-norton-nova-1725763.jpg?r=1549459852402.jpg (590x350, 37K)

Nice Alita digits bro.

I love it

Attached: 1550908795240.png (1280x536, 341K)

Attached: 81FB111B-AAD1-4755-BAB5-211315D6F02D.jpg (700x602, 79K)

Posting in case anybody hasn't read this. It's a long chapter taken straight from the art book on how the movie was made.
pastebin.com/v3KxyGrZ

Attached: alita smile.webm (870x720, 1.52M)

But the theatres sound system gives me panic attack!

Attached: 1551220335969.jpg (517x352, 22K)

POST THE ROAST
O
S
T

T
H
E

R
O
A
S
T

WARD OFF ALL YEAST SHILLS

cant have the chongs putting out marvel-tier blockbusters

>Posting from facebook
You have to go back

Attached: fag.png (1280x536, 336K)

brain in a vat has been a philosophical question for decades

you post like a 3rd world SEAmonkey

Bros I'm sorry, I knew that Alita is for hugs not fugs but I have been fapping to her non stop since these generals started and don't know how to stop.

Attached: 1551023049407.jpg (709x595, 156K)

This movie has got me asking myself some serious questions like, "Would you put your Brain in a Robot Body?"

>99

Attached: 99.jpg (728x1069, 407K)

>Six tickets for Alita: Battle Angel please.

Attached: 1551338980472.png (737x739, 576K)

If it meant no more hypertension and sore joints every morning, you fucking bet.

Cute chibi angel.

pretty fucking hyped, me and my friend i went with to see it the first time both shouted out a "NO FUCKING WAY HOLY SHIT" when we saw that.

Alita represents different things to different people so have at it, user.

its perfect

that's fine user we still love you

There where a few things that alluded to the Last Order content that could be a sequel

>The mysteries of Zalem and why Nova harvested brains
>Alita's Identity and the tragic way she got to earth
>what it means to be human; soul, dreams, body and mind

Last order had tons of world building but only of semblance of a redemption story near the end. I thought it could be a common theme throughout. Not much for character development. Also muh children.

Attached: 4659i23452.png (928x305, 290K)

i.imgur.com/qgJ2aZS.jpg

bit the alitapill, it was pretty good, liked the overall tragic feel of it, not really common for these kinds of movies

These generals are dead. Stop forcing them and accept that your little movie flopped.

You see that? That's called bait.

Attached: ha.png (654x435, 581K)

kek

THE MOUSE IS AFRAID

Attached: 15510169593550.png (597x484, 362K)

Alita should make more money WW by end of week, but then it will start dropping off everywhere BIG TIME, while Dragon will make 100 or so more domestic and maybe another 100 or 120 OS in the next two to three weeks.

Are you sure, pal?

Attached: Alita art 01.jpg (1080x1350, 79K)

>magic?
>no, engineering

Attached: 485-1.png (1654x2339, 853K)

The road to 1000 will be glorious

Attached: D4CAA485-A9F2-4F78-9F4C-2D6BB803E704.jpg (2397x1386, 593K)

why alita poop out window? no toilet in iron city?

/ourguy/

Yeah, next Friday, March 6th, Alita is pretty much done with it's box office run. Might make another 20 to 30 million WW after that, but it's frontload is done.

I hope your mouth is ready to eat discs.

Based and CyborgPilled

Not dead at all, they are just starting

fuck off back to /pol/

Shes feeding us from above

Pajeeta: Battle Angel

>implying this isnt /poltv/

>99
>66

Attached: 08789689.jpg (354x403, 67K)

I got a story.
yesterday was last day showing alita in imax3d I could make it to, so I bought tix for the 6pm and 830pm shows.
when I was about to leave, I hear a weird cry mixed with the birds outside, and I check under the winter hood of my motorcycle and there is a newborn kitten crying, with umbilical chord attached and all.
I take the cat with me, buy cat milk at Petco and a pacifier, and am feeding this tiny thing while driving to the imax cus I aint missing alita.

i leave the cat in a nest in my jacket while i watch the first showing of alita right after the first fight with grewishka.

after the show i go back outside, feed the cat some more, smoke some more locoweed in my car cus it makes movies more intense, and go back in to better enjoy the last imax 3d showing of alita i will see.
i was seriously considering keeping her and naming her alita, but im going to drop her off at a cat shelter instead. the point is, Alita: Battle Angel IMAX3D out in theatres now saved a kitten's life. i am not a shill. go see this movie.

Attached: 22819.jpg (810x1080, 87K)

go worship your jew loving goy on the proper board

Tell the shelter the cat's name is Alita.

The shelter will put the cat down.

FUCK that made me feel.

This user has the right Idea

Keep the cat

There's three chinks movies that have made lots of money in 2019. The actual top 5 should like this:

1) Wandering Earth $650
2) Crazy Alien $320
3) Alita Battle Angel $285
4) How to be a manchild Faggot 3 $281
5) Pegasus $246

Alita and HTTYD3 should move to 2nd and 3rd position after this week, but no one is beating TWE at least until CM comes out.

I'm worry the cat would not survive at the shelter. I looks so frail.

Does Alita get another love interest in the manga besides Hugo?
please say no

seething

tl:dr

user. Keep the cat man. Name it Alita. The shelter will make it feel terrible, and judging by how you cared for it now, you would be a great owner.

Captain Marvel won't beat The Wandering Earth at all. No movie will touch it. It's made 600 million US dollars in China alone.

ye

user...

Yes, and he is a chad.

Alita is a Chinese movie? Is manga also chinese?

she does and she gets a fully human body to fuck him all day long while a fully robot imposter becomes the new main protagonist.

She did. He's a chad called Figure Four.

Kind of:
The Alita we follow, know and love doesn't end up with him, but he does end up with Alita
Read the manga

Hopefully CM flops and makes less money than Antman but there are too many onions drinking bugmen in the world for that to happen who will watch it just to see a post credit 5 minute clip connecting CM to Endgame.

You should post this on some social media. Send it at the official Alita page and Jim and Rob.

That's all the money it has made. It only had limited release in some other countries. 99% of the money is from China.

Animal shelters are shit places, and they may put it down. Fuck them.

Keep the cat user, raise Alita as your own.

Alright alitanons, real question. Are we ACTUALLY on track on having a sequel? Everyone that watched Alita loves it despite it not making as much money as James Cameron movies normally do. The sequel could probably use a lower budget and cut down on marketing, but despite that, are we actually in track in any other installation?

Is it gay if you fuck a female robot with a male brain?

>How to be a manchild Faggot
I approve of this title

We are definitely on track for it to break even. This weekend and next week are vital to it making more than 400 to 450 million.

>4) How to be a manchild Faggot 3
This is why I still frequent this hellhole.

imo it's only a matter of when. Seeing how it did not do gangbusters, we might have to wait a while

>MIGAcucks have to shit up other boards because even /pol/ is starting to hate them now

Attached: MIGAcucks will defend this.jpg (1333x762, 125K)

Well, the male brain would of assumingely been used to being in a feminine form, so its more like fucking a trap. Then again, it has a FEMALE form so its both straight and gay really

kino
youtube.com/watch?v=5BskOC-maU0

>sitting on your face
Bad idea user, with her weight she'll easily crush your skull with those cheek plates.

Strange to see people saying it's being pulled from theaters. I guess it makes some sense if you have a theater with so few screens, this is why gigaplexes are so superior. My 21 screen is still playing Aquaman.

>favorite OST? Motorball of course

Attached: gigga-chad.jpg (406x500, 37K)

its a no kill cat-only shelter, they get kittens every summer season and adopt them out easy.
and i knew what do cus i already have cats. cant take another babyfaced killer parasite.

>lower budget
Yes it can. They don't have to build the entire set city and character models for most characters we see here. It may cut production budget down 20-30 million at the minimum.
>marketing
Marketing for the movie however was virtually nonexistence. Outside of the last month final push that Fox spent upward 20m to advertise in North America, the WW campaign was only that Cameroon & crews going to different premiers. I reckon marketing would be less than 50m WW.

>we might have to wait a while
thats James speciality

Sorry, user.

i.imgur.com/E2KhFma.jpg

>dying with alita's thighs wrapped around your face
>a bad idea
Sounds great to me.

I only keep hearing people mention how they liked the cgi, that Alita is a cute and that Hugo sucked. Can we discuss the movie a bit more?

What's your 3 favorite scenes/quotes from the movie? For me it's Alita trying to convince Hugo to return to the scrapyard.

>"We belong up there Alita."
>"We don't belong anywhere, except together."
>"You will always be running."
>"Together."

2. The waking up scene, Alita moving stealthily down the stairs, and finally eating the unpeeled orange. I had a huge grin on my face during the whole part.

3. The final scene where Alita slices her tear drop and slides gracefully into the stadium. This part with its visuals and OST is pure kino.

Attached: together.webm (700x294, 2.13M)

motorball is my favourite of the ost, it's true cyberpunk kino

I think the guess was marketing was around 100 million WW, considering all they did overseas and the Alita Experience. I mean, Fox themselves said break even point was 350 and it will have made more than that by Monday, minimum.

You need to calm down, not everyone who uses based and redpilled is a jew lover

I fucking love that scene and Hugo's character is grossly overhated.

Attached: 1551318297506.webm (1280x720, 616K)

Same here, live in a big city with many Imax kinotheaters and will see it again in IMAX Saturday

>her waking up
>her looking down at the ground when hugo first talks to her
>her dodging grewishkas grind cutter in the sewer

That's lewd as hell. Also

>99
She can't keep getting away with this

If it flopped and critics hated it, Instant Cult Classic. Expect it to make money for decades for being counterculture.

Dear god

Attached: control.gif (500x200, 640K)

yeah that gave me a lump in my throat both in the manga and the movie.

>not mentioning “I will not stand by... in the presence of evil”

i didn't hate him but i was glad he died. he existed to develop her character, but he wasn't interesting enough to remain as a character himself

WEW

Then don't give positive reinforcement to them, faggot. Ever since the cracked article, rT_D have been trying to weasel their way into these threads. Last thing we need are trumpcucks infecting something comfy

I completely disagree. He had just as much of an arc, if not more, than Alita.

Attached: hugodies.png (1280x536, 673K)

>I think the guess was marketing was around 100 million WW
I don't think so. People don't really hear anything about Alita outside of North America and China. It's really a shame though. Just look at Mexico for example. The attendance for OW was dismal while the second week it jumped 500%. That tells me there was no marketing for the movie there.

chequed

Fuck off, tranny
twitter.com/BattleAngel14

>closest Imax is three hours away
>I work evenings
>last imax showing in my state was today
Wish I could but I can't, not without skipping out of work.

1. Hugo's death
>Thank you... for saving me.
2. Putting the puppy blood on face (music was amazing too)
>I do not stand by in the presence of evil.
3. Not one scene, but Alita's arc with Ido
>Did you ever find peace?
>I found you.
>I'm not your daughter.
1 hour of screentime later
>Thank you father.

Attached: not.png (1280x1073, 1.26M)

Get lost faggot, you started the accusation about /pol/ then acuse others for making threads not comfy

Digits everywhere.

Thanks for this post.
:^)

Did that last night, Ally.
It was so good to see you in IMAX 3D one more time.

>he said something about my "le god emperor" so he's a tranny
How about now. The universally agreed upon point about this movie is that it was apolitical, had no agenda, and just tried to be good.
>how can we honor this? oh, how about we politicize it

>ignoring fags posting trump and maga hats on purpose trying to get sympathy

That cat's name? Albert Einstein.

Can we all take a moment of appreciation for the man who wrote the soundtrack of Alita? Junkie XL, an absolute beast of a musician.
You can check his youtube channel, he's talking about how he created music for the film.

Attached: 62yiNuDM_400x400.jpg (400x400, 62K)

It's being pulled from the premium screens.

They(anti Yea Forums lefoid Yea Forumsedditors like him) want to shut down threads that contradict their narrative because they have no argument, but they know they'll look like the censoring cunts they are if they admit that it's the political views that bother them. So they act like it's everything BUT the politics that are the problem, to the point where they'll try to convince people that discussion of politically charged films or television is not related to Yea Forums.

Attached: 1490584585074.png (735x496, 146K)

Gotta thank him for Motorball & New Divide cover

The drums are fantastic, I extended them from the song Grewishka's Revenge.
mediafire.com/file/hi7c8gq961mak38/Grewishka%27s_Drums.wav/file

But the Alita we follow's brain does end up with him. The Alita that doesn't is just a copy.

She looks very feline in this pose

>How about now. The universally agreed upon point about this movie is that it was apolitical, had no agenda, and just tried to be good.
Funny how your marketing team was pushing it was anti sjw when you first started shilling. Weird how it changes every time

Brilliant

It's gonna be one of those movies that picks up steam on home release

We should put this in the thread OP

im a massive trumpcuck and i love alita so fuck you

>I hate the donalds and their culture
>posts in a general thread like one of them

Attached: 1509836902521.png (200x164, 33K)

reminder not to respond top shill-schizos. The reason they behave like they do is because they want to be noticed. Don't reward them, even if its just to tell them why they're retarded. Just report and move on.

She was so cute in this scene, hearing Ido explain his story and.. I can't describe, this whole sequence was cute
Damn, now I'm going to watch her again

Doesn't matter whether you give them (yous) or not. Posts like yours give them attention to. Delete it.

>people have different opinions WHOA

Don't mind the failed man. You're welcome here
This isn't their safespace

This so much.
Get your shitty identity politics skirmish against Captain Marvel away from Ally.

There's too many scenes where she looks cute. I don't know how I'll be able to hold on until the blu ray comes.

Attached: alita bike smile.webm (1298x720, 2.8M)

1)When she looks at her hands for the first time
2)"I do not stand by in the presence of evil"
3)"We will always be running!"
"Together."

Such good feels.

>political fuckheads shit up another thread.

STOP

Attached: 1551293718398.png (609x749, 93K)

I WON'T STAND BY IN THE PRESENCE OF EVIL

Stop replying and giving them attention. Trolls don't ruin threads, retards that take the bait do.

I haven't replied to a single one of them

So how much is it tracking in Japan?

Attached: 1551214568979.jpg (745x1073, 94K)

Its only IMAX 3D. Which is normal for it to pull a 3 week old film, all the rest are still playing it.

>no other results
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/image/tkOYrOboKMWRQWOwx6S4rw/

It doesn't matter whether you give them (you)s or not. You're giving them attention and contributing to derailing the thread. All they want is to upset others and whining about them gives them exactly what they want. Just fucking ignore them completely.

this

Alita thinks to herself
>I will not stand by in the presence of evil.
Alita says to others
>I will not stand by in the presence of evil.
Alita follows through and acts in the presence of evil.

Alita is the embodiment of personal integrity.

Attached: 1551286443634.png (1080x677, 458K)

>Trolls

Attached: 1551209023967.png (1072x1236, 642K)

>yer a shill
No, there's a cancer going and it need to be nipped in the bud. Keep these faggy politics out of these threads.

Attached: do not politicize the movie.jpg (1474x653, 225K)

>I think the guess was marketing was around 100 million WW
C'mon, nigger. This movie had nonexistent marketing. Only capeshit and big franchises spend upwards of 100 million on marketing, because they're certain they will get that money back.

>I'm not your daughter
>1 hour of screentime later
>Thank you father

Attached: rightinthefeels.jpg (600x718, 42K)

Yeah, that's normal though. Films sometimes only get a week on the premium screens if it's the busy summer release months, so two weeks isn't terrible. It'll still be in theaters for a while on the smaller screens, good for the cheap Tuesday tickets or matinees. You'll likely still get Alita all to yourself so it's worth going more times, the experience will still be greater than anything you can do with a home theater. Who knows, maybe I'll see it a third time in a week or two.

Willem Dafoe would've been better. Nova also should have been eating flan at the end.

I agree with 1 and 2 but for 3 I have all the bar brawl sequence closely followed by her first fight with grewiska and all her expression transitions ending in crazy eyed excited scared alita with the moon sequence

I don't know user, there is not a single thing I didn't like in this movie, it's flawless in my opinion

This scene gave me such intense feels.

>my theater pulled all 2D sessions, left the Imax 3D ones and opened a new one in an earlier time

Attached: 33863f71-6a28-42fa-8f3c-c6301be7c153..jpg (650x472, 12K)

Based Aussie, I just calculated that the weekday hold (Mon-Thu) for Alita in the second week has actually GREW 50% compared to its opening week. Here is why:

Second weekday BO earning:
2.94m (weekly estimate) - 1.65m (second weekend) = 1.29m
First weekday BO earning:
5.24m (total BO earning until Feb 24th) - 1.65m (second weekend) - 2.74m (first weekend) = 0.85m

Word of mouth actually works in Australia bros.

Paraphrasing a bit because my memory suck:
>"It's all or nothing with me"
>"Here is my heart. Take it"
>"You need 90k? I can do it!"
Meanwhile, girls I date refuse to even contribute 1 dollar for a bottle of water.

Attached: 1551250125570.jpg (560x235, 15K)

>plebs who hated this movie feel like they're taking crazy pills right now.

Attached: CW.jpg (275x183, 7K)

>cracked article
So it's fine when you need to shill the movie though. Funny how the pasta is always right

Rec/post links to his other non alita music please.

A lot of people laughed in the theater of this part, first thing that came to my mind was how Twilight was known for "I'm watching you sleep from your window because I love you" thing

Oh the fuckin feels

BASED
CRINGE

Attached: 1549389165087.jpg (717x3108, 193K)

No, I'm not a shill, you fuck nut and I don't endorse trying to politicize this movie for attention. It being apolitical and just trying to be good is why a lot of people liked it, so keep it out of these threads.

stop this meme, hugo didn't die there. he died in the emotional climax when he slipped out of alita's crying clutches.

Niggers !!!!!

It's chinks. Australia is essentially a chinese colony now.

Fuck I hate that page the admin clearly has unironic retard syndrome and the other one is obviously mixed heroin with estrogen before he sucks nigger penis for upvotes on r/Yea Forums

wasnt that Canada?

I don't think you get it. For most of the spastics here, daddy Trump is all they have. It's not that they want to make it political, it's just part of their core identity, because they have nothing else. This shit seeps into everything on Yea Forums, because the threads aren't really moderated. The only thing you're gonna get by giving them attention is more of the same.

In no order:
>I do not stand by in the presence of evil
>you do not deserve such a weapon
>fuck your mercy
>what did you do?!
>he's mine!
>I'd give him my life if I could
Basically any time Alita says anything.

Attached: 1551146910940.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

It’s all Anglo countries with no niggers

>tfw saw Alita in 2D before they take it out of the cinemas
Did I fuck up?

Attached: 1549915362257.jpg (807x659, 42K)

Such a nice detail, the whole plot fits together like a high precision mechanism, everything has a purpose, the film is much deeper than we give it credit

>one ticket for alita - gigachad
>BASED
>ticket for alita? no thanks - numale soigoy
>BASED
Once again showing your bias, but that's okay since you've shown your leftist bias now and the brotherhood can know

yes

Attached: 1551219245905.jpg (869x943, 250K)

>also should have been eating flan at the end
Nah, it would have been too wink wink nudge nudge and would have ruined the atmosphere

P R O T E C

Attached: 2019-02-20 17_46_13-(1) _tv_ - _ABAG_ - Alita_ Battle Angel General - #12 - Alita is love edition - (105x122, 17K)

Should I watch this or read the manga first?

doesn't matter

Based angel's smile poster

I'd watch it first.

>watch this
>then watch the OVA to compare
>THEN read the manga

In my first viewing I rolled my eyes at how cheesy these lines are. In my second viewing I loved them. This is the power of Alita.

>you take down your pants
>she gives you that look
what do?

Attached: 1550923232759.jpg (556x627, 123K)

stop replying to yourself

>no! this movie isn't politicized!
>"Iron city", originally "Dumpster City", was a hellhole of human and inhuman misery devoid of morals, everyone is trash and treated as such. Everyone slaves off for the factory, no one can rebel against them, motorball is not a sport, but a beastly distraction for adrenaline addicts. Happiness doesn't fucking exist.
how it is presented in this "movie"
>oppressive technological dystopia but who cares, we live in a beautiful vibrant multicultural favela where everyone mostly gets along and lives fine. multikulti south-american shithole with fancy metal arms which are seen as completely normal and not generally as a loss on humanity, woo-hoo.

>alita
>crying

Attached: 5C235288-4D91-44BC-9AC5-93FF112E008C.jpg (3200x1680, 167K)

I didn't have a problem with Alita's eyes, she looks cute.
But her CGI teeth, holy fuck she looks odd

i tried to watch the OVA after and it's just SO BAD. desu i'm not an anime fan in the first place tho

More like all anglo countries around China. There's also a lot of chinks in California/West coast.

Hurry up and watch it in 3D before it leaves the theaters.

1. When Ido names her Alita at the beginning
>I love it! Can I keep it?

2. When he's telling her the story about his daughter.
>You made her a pair of fast legs.

3.Ido fussing over her Motorball padding and the skates he made for her.
>Thank you father.

Whatever complaints I had about other changes are completely outweighed by their adorably wholesome father/daughter dynamic. It's so much better than the vaguely creepy Ido in the source material.

Since you haven't read the manga yet, watch the film multiple times, then watch the OVA, then watch the film again until it's off the theaters or you run out of money then read the manga

Kill yourself, disgusting normie.

hug her

Attached: 1550870464512.jpg (487x487, 90K)

Read the manga and skip the sjw trash movie

what did you say user, I didn't hear you

Attached: 908090.png (131x298, 52K)

what sjw trash movie?

>3.Ido fussing over her Motorball padding and the skates he made for her.
>>Thank you father.
She doesn't call him father there, much later, when she says it's my fault and he says never feel sorry for yourself you are the only one made for this and she says thank you father and leaves to find vector and avenge hugo

yeah i noticed that too. from a side view when she shows her teeth is kind of weird

Alitacore

Attached: 1542559682040.png (1416x513, 62K)

Don't listen to this wrong opinion.

MY FACE!

MY FAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!

>I'd give him my life if I could
The best life, bar none because it was deliver with intense genuine

Glorious Zapan humiliation. Zapan is made to be bullied by Alita.

Attached: p204-1.png (1654x2339, 1002K)

Attached: muh face.webm (800x334, 2.99M)

>multicultural movie
>diverse cast
>latina protagonist
>WFBM scene
WE GOT BAMBLOOZED /pol/

Attached: 1550879326473.gif (828x828, 1.09M)

Which country waked up and all the master baiters (possibly paid shills from a certain franchise) came to shit up ABAG?

What the fuck are you doing in my house

i'm sorry, the OVA is just awful compared to the movie

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alita:_Battle_Angel

Attached: 1551046328093.jpg (635x276, 48K)

>that look of regret in alita eyes
>tfw she understands how this whole city is corrupt
Kino

Whoops, my mistake. It's still a super cute scene though. Even his nurse is tearing up because it's so sweet.

wrong board, fren.
If it makes sense within the context of the setting, why would we complain about it?
Did /pol/ also have an autistic fit over BR2049?

Attached: 1550453649431.png (1787x1746, 286K)

Time to be healed by Alita for the third time. Let's a go.

Attached: 20190228_205125.jpg (2160x2160, 1.74M)

>That look of disgust on her face
How can one girl be so amazing

That scene where she's preparing for Motorball match and calls Hugo.
>Hey, where are you? I'm doing it for both of us.
Peak comfy relationship.

Alita: Fallen Angel will be glorious. I would love them to make Zapan into a more sympathetic character in the sequel. He is also a victim of his circumstances despite being a dick. In the manga, it's actually Alita's fault for humiliate the man in such a way.

^ this

Attached: Clipboardb.jpg (566x947, 407K)

fund it

see

youtube.com/watch?v=4sCXkpZsBRg
He also co-wrote music for Batman v Superman and Man of Steel with Hans Zimmer.

>Zapan returns
GOOD.
I liked his character but was disappointed by how weak he was

>tfw last day to see it in IMAX today
>tfw theater is going back to playing Free Solo and HTTYD3 instead of Apollo 11
feels bad

Attached: alita bioscoop.png (1242x1288, 467K)

Stellar acting here. Jim & Robert hit a jackpot with Rosa. I heard that both of them cried during her audition.

>mfw no official #99 Alita purple hoodie like in the movie.

Attached: 1551078494974.jpg (312x323, 21K)

>Did /pol/ also have an autistic fit over BR2049?
Some of them did, for sure. Some of them are legit worried about the coming waifu age, more worried than your average woman. Embarrassing.

>He is also a victim of his circumstances
If you watch the change on Alita's facial expression after she chops of his face you can pinpoint the exact time he realises this exactly and understands that everyone is a victim of salem

Does anyone else feel they kind of ruined the ending plot from the Manga by showing Chiren's fate at the end?

instead of linking some twitter rando, look at some of the bad reviews this movie is getting and it's going to change your mind

He will beat the shit out of Alita in the sequel. That's why we must make it happen.

Zapan is there for Alita to humiliate and bully. Being Zapan is suffering

Attached: 1551102707484.jpg (2147x1041, 139K)

Attached: 1551033280485.jpg (1774x2817, 3.6M)

>In the manga, it's actually Alita's fault for humiliate the man in such a way.
yes, she wants to go after makaku but he tells her it's retarded heroism, then she kicks his drink in his face

So, he's still a bad guy, huh?
That mechanical aztec calendar on his back was rad

>years later
>still accurate
damn

Attached: 1401673468052.jpg (750x943, 257K)

idk sounds kinda hot

Attached: laughing_clone_whores-1.png (800x1131, 782K)

Attached: tenor (2).gif (220x118, 122K)

But the whole crux is that critics don't matter and the audience score does for this SJW trash. And based on the latter SJWs love it

Her expression to me seemed more like "pathetic, disgusting". She really did look like she felt sorry for him.

go away reddit

>I'm doing this for us, remember? You can't miss it!

*did not*

reminder

Attached: 28j0te.jpg (900x645, 102K)

SJW's and trannies hate it

>She really did look like she felt sorry for him
This too but I also sense like she feels responsible, that she should help these people rise up against salem
Maybe I'm looking to much into it

apolo 11 will bomb so hard. No one wants to see a Hollywood film about a Hollywood film

who will play Lou in the 3rd movie?

Attached: 1550171818534.jpg (268x364, 30K)

She did pity him, for a little bit. I can feel it.

That movie ticket looks better than your average ticket

Yeah she seemed like such a girlfriend at that moment, like you can't be more gf than that.

does it bother you that it's been part of Yea Forums longer than you??

Attached: 1454020210055.png (1845x1229, 2.11M)

But they love it.

Attached: tranny.jpg (1302x560, 142K)

a black

That line delivery was absolutely flawless.

You're using my artwork!

Attached: healed by alita.jpg (750x792, 479K)

I WILL RAPE YOU WITH MY CYBORG-PENIS!

>only playing for a week before capt marvel comes out
yeah probs

Weebs hate live action shit. Alita: Battle Angel will create a whole different spectrum of fandom. What should we call them?

weeborgs

Attached: phew.jpg (739x1197, 180K)

Alitaboos

I'm going back home from the screening
IMAX is really the right way, except for the sound maybe. It's a bit too loud, Atmos was higher quality I think

youtube.com/watch?v=BIyvSKCnBnk

It's great work, you should be proud.

Attached: 1550647560549.jpg (1112x1060, 77K)

>weebs hate live action
Not all of them are that autistic, user. There's always a few in these threads from time to time for example.

That's just a shill. They've been doing heavy damage control to try and get in our culture

This is an interesting phenomenon, happened to me too. I found quite a few lines cheesy when I first watched it but now I love them

Did the movie make it's money back or what?

i like A:BA and I'm a weeb

so you are wrong

Attached: 2019-02-17 14_20_59-battleangelalita_vol03.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.png (614x613, 309K)

litaboo rolls off the tongue better

>$475M to make
>$650M to market
>$175M at the box office
Its a flop. No sequel happening. What a bummer.

I'm with reddit on the pedos, they can fuck off

>not getting a million gorillion dollarydoos on first day
>not a flop
FLOP
seriously though, I think it broke even, it made a profit and it's going to keep on growing and end up being a huge success, we did it alitaboos

Can I just say how happy I am these threads are so thriving and genuinely comfy? I didn't want to be alone in loving this film and the reenergize I've gotten from all this is very uplifting and motivating. Glad to see so many people embrace the Alita love and glad to see more and more general people outside accepting such an underdog film. Let's keep going! I love you!

Attached: tenor.gif (480x480, 3.7M)

So how do you think they'll convert motorball arc into the movie? They made a very different finale in first one, in manga after Hugo's death Alita become kinda a douchebag. And one of the major points of this arc is relationships between Ido and Alita, they become some kind of rivals. I can't imagine a situation between them like this in movie.

AHEM

SIX MILLION GORILLION

Attached: 1551031730322.png (1000x1000, 206K)

It will have made it's money back Sunday. Anything after is great to have.

The threads have a therapeutic quality to them. It's reminiscent of the Katawa Shoujo threads after the VN came out.

>Being with Reddit, ever
You don't belong here, sir.

Attached: 1551155147174.png (656x524, 309K)

alitaposters are intrinsically pedos

Ido picking Alita up for the first time
Ido taking broken Alita to repair her after the fight with Grewishka
Alita killing Vector

>being a pedophile is a good thing!
i hope you get raped so badly in jail that you need to use a colostomy bag for the rest of your life

Attached: q1ozpht8kfd21.jpg (960x960, 177K)

>implying there is an authority on who belongs here
>implying you are that authority

Okay, now try to say that in Yea Forums.

You're clearly in the minority and that's nothing to be ashamed about. Weeb culture is borderline autistic and straight up close minded. If Alita succeeds and more hollywood directors get inspired by Cameron and start shitting adapations with a cgi MC (preferably young female), I can imagine a huge rivalry between weebs and the yet-to-be-named 3dwaifu faction.

>motorball arc in movie
I'm guessing the motorball part will be fairly fast and abridged from the manga

>can't imagine a situation between them like this in movie
Maybe not as it was in the manga, but Alita and Ido will definitely come into conflict. Alita has matured a lot but is still an angsty teenager; she will probably want more independence than Ido is willing to give her. She moves out into her own flat iirc in the manga and that will probably happen in the film which would allow for more of a rivalry and Ido wanting to get her back

170m for Rosa's salary
500m included other actors
1bn included movie set and CG
100bn included James Cameroon's profit sharing
1000bn included marketing
2000bn with Yea Forums shill campaign
75% theater cut because this film is unpopular and no one watches

Total $80 trillion break even point.

Daily reminder to you normalfags that it's not pedophilia if she's 13 and over.

>: q1ozpht8kfd21.jpg
Google images, first result

Attached: 1385413908264.gif (1024x768, 1.56M)

Same. I didn't think "fuck your mercy" was anything special until I had seen the whole movie at least once and thought about Alita's integrity as a character. There she is, cut to pieces, using her last bits of energy and her last ounce of focus not merely to survive or look for redemption in her enemies and work to create more mercy in the world but to maintain an ironclad sense of dignity and personal integrity right up the very end and it's inspiring as hell. FUCK YOUR MERCY.

Attached: 1551331098327.jpg (1093x1600, 195K)

>Alita is over 300 years old, your Honor.

"pedos" are exactly the same category as "misogynists" or "incels": normal people missclassified by msm, which tries to marginalize them and blame them for everything

Do you feel in charge?

Attached: 8589130429320-bane-batman-mask-wallpaper-hd.jpg (494x411, 130K)

Uh oh, twitter trannys
The board that isn't influenced is waking up to you

WHERE ARE THE JAPANESE BOX OFFICE NUMBERS??? What millions are they hiding to downplay this movie?

>I can imagine a huge rivalry between weebs and the yet-to-be-named 3dwaifu faction
Alita has kicked the door opening for the weeb's invasion of Hollywood. We all know that will happen eventually with zoomers bathed in weeb culture. But Alita is an example of quality weeb content that other inferior Hollywood productions will struggle to emulate, just like none of them is able to make another Titanic or Avatar. Performance capture tech is how to adapt anime/manga fantastical elements into the big screen without making it look like shitty cartoon.

I'm surprised current Yea Forums even knows about Alita desu.

>you could own this

Attached: 1550947433163.jpg (500x827, 95K)

Christ the attention span of the average Yea Forumsutist is half that of Yea Forums.

fresh

whats it like, being evil?

Anyone got the webbum of her eating chocolate on the bike

>general is "dead"
>still manages to reach the bump limit and beyond

Attached: 356935690.jpg (1435x1317, 141K)

>motorcycle
>picture inside of a car

??????????