I want some kino about Ancient Greece and the Ancient World. Preferably war related but I'll take anything really

I want some kino about Ancient Greece and the Ancient World. Preferably war related but I'll take anything really.

I've already seen Rome, 1 CLAVDIVS and of course Gladiator. I need more, all of them. More on the realistic side, less of the magical alien shit.

Attached: 1530401433309.jpg (480x360, 36K)

Attached: xena_2.jpg (665x375, 70K)

Ancient Greece:
300, Troy (movie version lacks gods and magic) , Alexander
Ancient Rome:
Spartacus (1960), Pompeii, Centurion(2010)), The Eagle (2011), The Last Legion, Quo Vadis, Ben Hur
Ancient Egypt but related to Rome:
Cleopatra (1963), Agora (2009)
Ancient Egypt:
The Egyptian (1954), Land of the Pharaohs (1955), Nefertiti, Queen of the Nile (1961), Pharaoh (1966)

I have more but it's related to gods, magic and myths.

>Land of the Pharaohs
such a comfy drama

>I have more but it's related to gods, magic and myths.

Fuck it, go ahead and post them. I'll take them all.

I would kill for a Greek, Roman, or mideival movie that was just a historically accurate representation with a modern blockbuster budget, and didn’t include wizards, politics, or forced diversity casting.

play Kingdom Come

>play
No thanks, I’m a grown up.

well that's the best you're going to get friend, play the game or keep wishing for something that isn't gonna happen

I want the same but either Full Metal Jacket with Romans or a good Alexander film

Do you have a list of good documentaries about those periods?

Ok
Greece:
Clash/Wrath of the Titans (80s and modern versions)
Immortals
Jason and Argonauts
Rome:
Asterix and Hercules movies (many versions) - technically Hercules is Roman take on Greek Heracles
Egypt:
Asterix and Cleopatra (animated 1968)
Asterix & Obelix: Mission Cleopatra
Exodus: Gods and Kings
Gods of Egypt
The Prince of Egypt (also animated)
Stargate
The Ten Commandments (1956)
Scorpion King and shitload of mummy movies but they are not really "ancient" themed

>a good Alexander film

Why is it so hard to make this?

Well to be fair, there is a LOT to cover. Though it’ll never get made, I started writing the plot to an Alexander film, and I think with good characters, dialogue and action it could be good. Something like Lawrence of Arabia.

Problem is, there are a ton of battles to cover. Granicus, Issus, Gaugamela, Tyre, Hydaspes—battles are expensive as shit and it might be too bloated of a budget to make a film of him. No director or producer wants to take the risk

Alexander Final Cut is a masterpiece and is unmatched in terms of set and scale for Greece

The Cleopatras (1983). It is about the Ptolemaic dynasty, pure kino.
A.D. Anno Domini (1985), has boring scenes about the apostles but the part about rome and the julio-claudian dynasty is bretty good
also Caligula (1979) is great

Maybe because he was literally was the greatest man to ever live? It would be hard to encapsulate greatness.

A classic Hollywood film about him could be great, problem is that any modern film would obsess over his sexuality

>ywn be in an orgy bangin' all your qties of your village
why even live lads?

Attached: 1539462443400.jpg (128x128, 4K)

The plot I came up with features a deep friendship with Hephaestion, but no romance until he meets Roxana in Sogdiana. Even then, he is sort of distant from her. The focus is on the man and his development through time.

Sounds like you're insecure at that. Playing a game once in a while is perfectly fine. Just don't spend too much time on it.

>plot I came up with
>it’s recorded history
I once came up with a story about how America declared and fought for its independence from the British.

Video games, cartoons, toys, etc. All things for children that soibois now try to claim are healthy “hobbies” for adults.

movies are for babies, tv is for women

Attached: j_Achill5.jpg (914x397, 72K)

It's the opposite, "adults" who think they are too mature for that shit are the manchildren. Real adults don't give a shit they just like what they like

>when u hittin it frm behind and she makes eye contact

Attached: dangit.jpg (1124x749, 84K)

Attached: 89016FE7-EC0C-48CA-A26B-1F2B31DF4B43.png (491x545, 162K)

many modern video games are +18, and very early (1980s) ones were too hard or not interesting enough for children

well obviously you hide your power level in public, dumb shit

fake news

Mostly this. The guys crying manchildren are almost always in cope mode. People who were formerly addicted to something that stunted their growth and are still making up for it. If you manage to live a proper live and are capable of taking responsibility for your shit, no problem with playing video games or any other shit.

So a person that plays with WWF dolls for just an hour or two a day would be a well adjusted adult, in your opinion?

>for just an hour or two a day
That's a lot of time, so most likely not.

They are stuck in teenager mode where they feel the need to shit on anything perceived as "childish" in order to appear older/smarter than they are. It's sad really. Adulthood is rediscovering what you loved as a kid while also moving forward

>WHAT ABOUT THIS HAHAHAHA

Attached: 7B6DFD48-8284-4894-9F73-E70F0D4CB9A3.png (1346x1969, 143K)

why don't people like Alexander? i liked it

he looks like he's having fun

He's right and you're badly overcompensating. You'll realize at some point in the future.

demetrius and the gladiators

Attached: demetrius-and-the-gladiators-1954-tcf-film-with-victor-mature-as-demetrius-A70TCM.jpg (1300x1101, 329K)

Attached: F3A13F81-7CA4-496C-835E-0B4EAD0C2FED.png (500x490, 101K)

Fellini's Satyricon

Attached: felini.jpg (500x493, 96K)

so video games are non-Christian now? lmao yeah I'm sure no one who plays video games also goes to church

Attached: 0F8311E1-B99D-4198-A486-7DE166B055A1.jpg (768x960, 91K)

You still don't get it, do you? The dude on the left would be still the dude on the left if he played 3h of video game per week. It's a medium and its usefulness/damage entirely depends on how you use it.

just how many of these images do you have saved exactly? pathetic

Attached: 627AFCA9-89C1-409D-AC03-7DC241C43D15.png (967x768, 786K)

Probably from /pol/ or /fit/. I hate s󠀀oy󠀀boys but overcompensating retards like him are just as obnoxious.

We haven’t even gotten to the gangweed stuff yet

Attached: 52B489B5-B12C-4551-9019-11B3713E6F21.jpg (500x750, 229K)

Incorrect. That is actually a before and after image of the same guy after playing just two hours of video games.

haha I know that feel

>You still don't get it, do you? The dude on the left would be still the dude on the left if he played 3h of video game per week. It's a medium and its usefulness/damage entirely depends on how you use it.

what the hell is this

I mean condensing it into a film you aspie. You can’t include every single thing in a movie about Alexander.