I really liked Forrest Gump but as an adult, I've grown to despise it

I really liked Forrest Gump but as an adult, I've grown to despise it.

What's the point of this movie? What's the message? The main character ends up getting cucked and he only "succeeds" because he's a literal NPC.

Attached: MV5BYzQyMWQ1ODMtZGE2OS00YzQyLWE2OWYtZmU5OGFiMWMwYmIyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_CR0,45,480,270_ (477x268, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Dexter
youtube.com/watch?v=IpVIVRIjRfE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>as an adult
>can't explain his point without resorting to meme buzzwords

Attached: 130984713343.jpg (248x247, 9K)

The point of the movie is to enjoy based Tom Hanks's and based Gary Sinise's performances.

It literally tells you the message. Forrest is a decent person who works hard and does what is right. Despite his handicaps and the adversity he faces, Forrest perseveres. He doesn't get everything he wants. His life doesn't go perfectly. Like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get. But he makes the most of it and, through his perseverance, lives a good and fulfilling life

the message is
a simple man can overcome anything by staying positive
oh and women are sluts

>good fulfilling life
Nobody can form a meaningful relationship with him because he's a NPC. Lieutenant Dan liked him as a person but thinks he's a complete dimwit and wouldn't spend more than 5 minutes talking to him. Jenny wouldn't even settle down with him after he made it. His son also has to grow up with a retard dad.

do you think that normal people are incapable of relating to one another?
He has a strong relationship with Bubba, with Dan, with his mother. He is well liked by everyone he interacts with.
His accomplishments are so vast and celebrated that it is literally a running gag in the movie

Forrest is one of the least NPC people in the whole fucking movie.

How does a retard get so successful at life

>tfw it wasn't even his kid

u w0t? if anything, Jenny is the NPC

You never know what you're going to get.

I think the point is that most people know, in most cases, whats right and wrong no matter how stupid or smart they are. If you just take the right path and not get all negative and evil you will probably end up somewhat happy and having accomplished something. I can't say that this is a good message but that seems to be what I got from it.

If you become a sports legend, a war hero, and a multi-millionaire that girl you like might have pity sex with you once.

That luck determines everything.

why do spastics need a "point" or a "message" to go with a film? why can't you just enjoy a story without it having some little lesson for you to take with you into life like you're some 15 year old who's still learning the basics of life through movies?

He’s a metaphor for the entire nation during that time. Breaks free of shackles, (economy) is able to run well, gets cucked by liberal hippie movement, later makes money from tech investment.

basically
it's also a movie that tries to sum up the American helf-century through the eyes of a retard (the average American)

The film is based on a book, right?

The message is talked after the mother dies: some believe in destiny, other in chaos. He instead thinks it's a mix of the two, a box of chocolates etc.

>His son also has to grow up with a retard dad.
Most of us would consider our dads to be retards so this isn't really something special to Gump's case.

>Nobody can form a meaningful relationship with him
Bubba did

He wasn't an actual retard. That's the point of the movie.

Attached: 20190227_004832.jpg (1356x690, 475K)

He worked hard and did what he was told.

Also he was autistic, not retarded.

juts look at the US congress LOL

Sometimes people are just disproportionately lucky. Look at the business ventures of Timothy Dexter.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Dexter

Dude exported coal to a coal mining town because people convinced him to in an effort to sabotage his wealth. It happened to arrive during a mining strike and he made a huge profit.

He sent stray cats to the Caribbean for no fucking reason and managed to sell them at a high price because they helped an upsurging rat infestation.

They should make a movie about this guy. He faked his own death so that he could see how people would react at his funeral. While secretly watching the proceedings he felt his wife wasn't crying enough and burst out in a torrent of anger towards his wife, to the shock of everyone who thought he was dead.

HAHA THAT GUY GOT ASSASSINATED

>what's the point of this movie?
It's baby boomer wank material; it's not about whether the writing or acting or directing is good or bad, it's making boomers feel nostalgia for the shit they grew up with. It's basically 1990s "I clapped when I saw it".

For real though, Gary Sinese is an absolutely great dude irl.

>Forrest
>NPC
Literally wins the congressional medal of honor, moons the president, becomes a millionaore entrepreneur, and a low-key celebrity. Come on now.

primarily it's really just a movie without a core message, it's just a really enjoyable story.
but I guess the point is that no matter what you do, life is a story and that the journey is the destination. Forrests life was just great because of coincidences. Life is like a box of chocolates user. Keep your head up and go through it, eventually great things will happen.
But also yade yade everyone can make it if they try shonen, satire here satire there etc.

its just a movie

he's barely conscious.
I hate the NPC meme but that's exactly what it satirices, people without actual substance.
On the other hand Forrest has some selfmade values so he really isn't one either way. He's just really passive which can only be blamed on his genes.

It's not much of a story.

At the time the big draw was the special effects: "Look! Tom Hanks is in the same frame as President Kennedy! It's like he's RIGHT THERE, man!"

The only person than his mother to actually and truly care about Forrest was Bubba, and Bubba was a ______________

casualty of war.

History is meaningless like a retard floating in the wind.

shrimp expert.

Try watching it again knowing ALL hollywood movies are literal brainwashing. Not just hollywood. French movies are also incredibly cucked

To be fair, I'd make instant cummies too if I was a retard that got to touch some perky college boobies

fucking NEW GUY

No no no, that can't be it
Sneed

The message is to be careful because Hollywood will take your book and fuck you out of getting any money

There isn't some huge point to the movie. It's one of those movies where you're more into it for the character, and there's people who find characters more important than story (which isn't to say you should have bad story or characters, but people can ignore the bad of the other if they appreciate one more than the other)

Man suffering from an extreme dental underbite.

This. Look at Mary Poppins. Disney made a fucking mockery of the source material and then the turbo jews that run the house of mouse now took that story of completely fucking over the author and made a fucking movie about that too!

youtube.com/watch?v=IpVIVRIjRfE

>His son also has to grow up with a retard dad
t. Didn't grow up without a dad

Just look at GRONALD GUMPF

Yeah, i've always instinctively hated meryl streep. Now i know why, and also hate tom hanks. Hollywood can't burn soon enough

Its the same tards who demand character arcs in every movie. Even if the story takes place during like two days the characters personality and motives must drastically evolve or else the movie is lacks any depth

YAAAAAAS SLAAAAAYYY
#RESIST
#BELIEVEWOMEN

>His relationships with his wife, daughter, and son also suffered. This became evident when he started telling visitors that his wife had died (despite the fact that she was still alive) and that the woman who frequented the building was simply her ghost

Attached: 1466864047524.jpg (350x250, 43K)

hippie jenny was best girl

The entire story is an institutionally conservative fantasy about how simpletons are the REAL nice guys because they conform to society (go to war, play football) and can tame and save wild slutty women from themselves.

He is bringing his point across efficiently wich is high t. You trannies wouldn't understand.

Have you read his book? There's a part where he gets back at the people who complained his book had no punctuation by including an extra page with random punctuation marks and says to sprinkle them freely around the rest of the book.

When anyone asks me who in history I'd most want to meet for dinner, I always say Timothy Dexter.

>he's a literal NPC.
no he isn't, because a movie isn't a video game

As an adult I can't help seeing it as a Where's Waldo book with Forrest being inserted into any situation you can think of. Also, the running portion could have been completely cut and replaced with a couple lines of dialog and it would have been much better.

Using meme buzzwords is about as low t as you can get

i second this.

People who need a tangible “point” in order to understand or enjoy something are chronically lacking mentally.
There is no single concrete point or message to be found in this movie, it’s an epic tale of one man who through the sheer power of will to be nothing more than true to himself manages to be involved in most major social events of the mid 20th century. We’re all just along for the ride.

real chads (e.g. niggas who work out at the library) don't need cheap memewords to express their thoughts

You shut your whore mouth, Lt Dan became Forests all time bro later in life and obviously cares about Forest deeply.
>Crawls across the floor to defend Forest from a couple of whores
>Travels across the country out of the blue to work unpaid (at the time) on a struggling shrimp boat venture because he mocked Forest and gave him his word years ago he’d come help out if Forest was ever a shrimp boat captain
>Oversees Forests finances and gets him to invest in Apple Computers
>Despite finally making peace with himself and disappearing he still shows up out of the blue for Forests wedding

Lt. Dan is the ultimate story arc

Attached: 8906B0B3-B38A-434A-B01B-C0BD66A86DDC.gif (400x250, 1.51M)

Book is more satirical than the movie