X-men: Dark Phoenix

a new kino poster.

Attached: LXPKG3J.jpg (888x1200, 227K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QWbMckU3AOQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yawn

Who is Mommy playing?

Attached: chastain1509994364864.jpg (1663x2500, 434K)

It's Hannah Emily Anderson

Attached: 704852_v9_ba.jpg (1080x1440, 252K)

This movie is still happening?

>Second time adapting the Dark Phoenix Saga
>Second time doing it in ONE movie.

The Phoenix saga went on for like a year before turning into the Dark phoenix. You have to care about Jean before turning her heel and mourning for her death.

Was about to ask this. Does anyone even care after DoFP and Logan?

Attached: 1379218545987.jpg (457x381, 30K)

jesus, sophie turner can't even act on a poster. look at that vacant stare, it's like fucking nothing is firing in that brain,

they still reshoots push Its budget past $200 million the movie probably will happen after disney/fox merged.

at least Jean was a pretty major character in the original X-Men trilogy to the point that doing Dark Phoenix in the third movie made sense, even if they totally botched the execution

is Jean even a character in the new Xmen movies? I mean I know Shansha played her in the third one but I don't remember her being important at all

>is Jean even a character in the new Xmen movies? I mean I know Shansha played her in the third one but I don't remember her being important at all
She beat Apocalypse in the last movie with her Phoenix powers but other than that, no. The movie was mostly about Magneto and Xavier (as all of the new ones are). There was hardly any character development, if any, for Jean.

Why does it take these people so christing fucking long to make these god damn movies when they're not even good? I'm sick of hearing about a movie supposedly being made at some point 5 years before a trailer is even released. I might understand if any of them were even remotely good.

Oh look, they're doing the "semi formal basic bitch on twitter wear" is a """costume""" shit again.

Because the Dark Phoenix wears a god damned trench coat.

Her costume is A COAT?

Um, excuse me, sweaty. We don't do costumes anymore because fat women would be offended.

Attached: jean.jpg (1838x920, 142K)

This unironically looks worse than X-Men III somehow. Congratulations, Hollywood.

They really fucking murdered X-men, I don't know who they got to write this shit but damn. They looked at the overwhelming number of compelling characters and plot lines laid out for them to follow, and said "fuck it! throw it all in a blender" they threw away what could have been a series to rival the MCU. Now we just have this flaccid trash of half ideas and whole bullshit.

>anymore
A red coat was literally her costume in the last Dark Phoenix attempt. Nothing has changed.

>last Dark Phoenix attempt
Spot the zoomer.

>Nothing has changed
And that's why this will be shit also. SPOT THE ZOOMER.

It actually only took 3 and a half months of filming. So making the film took the average film time.

It's just been wrapped up in red tape due to the Fox/Disney merger.

Have a vocabulary of your own.

Get in the grave.

GET OUTTA MY HEAD CHARLES

Attached: jugger-jean.jpg (1354x886, 601K)

I am going to be dragged to see this chick capeshit.

oh woe is you

Nice sweater vest you dumb rotten scag whore

Attached: Gay_Nerd_Vest.jpg (243x240, 7K)

>happily giving up 3 hours of your life.

Homegirl is ugly as fuck.

Hahaah. CHARLES NOOOOOoooo... I'm the juggernaut biiiiiiiiIIItch

X2, DOFP and Logan are better than the entire MCU so I don't mind

awwww poor baby

Are you female? Are you excited for this movie? Do you see it as a chick capeshit movie?

A reminder that the two finalists for the Jean Grey role were Sophie Turner and Saoirse Ronan, and Fox went with Turner because she had more social media followers.

Odd hairline. I rarely see that on white women, and I'm in Bongland.

>Are you female?
I'm not the one being dragged into watching capeshit, punk bitch.

can't imagine Saoirse as Jean Grey.

I am getting my dick sucked though.

>red haired Ronan
Sounds nice

Shit will be so cash right

Attached: cash_.jpg (600x622, 47K)

You think getting a blow job is a ridiculous boast? Lmao.

Oh yummy

Geez, they're really nailing it with the miscasting

Bryan Singers writer since X2, Simon Kinberg. He did X3 with Ratner and came back for DOFP and Apocalypse. Also was elevated to producer during this time. Oversaw the other Xmen related movies like Logan and Deadpool and F4stic. It was either him or Vaughn that came in to finish that movie when Trank went off the deep end. This, Dark Phoenix, is his directorial debut. And he rehashed X3.

>no release date

Attached: IMG_20190219_185130.jpg (480x640, 64K)

MURPH??

Attached: Diz4AIZW0AAr7q2.jpg (1200x675, 45K)

Oh, mate.

Attached: byzantium-saoirse-ronan.gif (425x282, 57K)

The Skrull Queen. Fox thought they could get this train wreck out before Captain Marvel.

Sweet Lord

Attached: 677203.gif (500x270, 1013K)

No, you lying on the internet to get upvotes is.

I would berry my dick so far inside her ass

Attached: lamp.gif (577x310, 360K)

I wonder if she has a bf or not.

It is from Yea Forums.

She does

Attached: SEI48587902-1-696x503.jpg (696x503, 66K)

Ok, I can't compete with a chad like that, he deserves her. Look at that chin.

I miss Famke

Attached: laststand.jpg (800x800, 48K)

iktf

Attached: sei_42965977-4717-e1544607886544.jpg (644x326, 33K)

Why does she have a puffy face?

>could have had this as your Jean Grey instead of Fat Sansa
What the fuck Fox

Attached: KsIGIgx.gif (502x209, 1.95M)

They also passed on Ronan as a finalist for Rey in Force Awakens, for Daisy Ridley

I think its the last one before Marvel/Disney starts over.
Jackman and Stuart were the draws noone cares about the new cast.

>Jean Grey's costume is jeans
>and they're not even grey

It's gonna be terrible. Superheroes are 70 - 80% about their powerset and the Phoenix Force is essentially the worst of all "Energy Blasts Flight TK And BELIEF LOL" power sets plaguing capes since forever boiled down and enhanced a trillion times.

why is she so heavenly

Good. Saoirse is too good to star in that shit.

But not too good to audition for it?

please stop, JLaw, no one wants you anymore

>JLaw
dropped. completely ruins every movie she's in nowadays

Attached: ewww.gif (280x240, 1.68M)

>JLaw go home mind

bong genetics

That's her agent's fault not hers.

Attached: mollys-game_glamour_5jan18_rexfeatures_9227603h_l.jpg (1620x1080, 116K)

she have a crush on Saoirse.

Attached: VrJu.gif (245x245, 1.97M)

She has auditioned for all the big franchises, Star Wars, Avengers, X-Men, Hunger Games and been passed over. Don't like act she's above blockbuster roles, she wanted them same as everyone else.

damn, that other user really bitched you up

Attached: 1550894919412.gif (250x230, 927K)

I liked Apocalypse, but I am nervous about this movie

No Rogue no care

Attached: rogue.webm (640x464, 2.26M)

Reminder that people reportedly laughed at her dead during test screenings.

dat ass I love 90's

she's the one who auditioned hoping to get the role like everyone else, bro

Looks woke... will pass.

She is much better for that shit. She probably bombs those auditions on purpose. She's a multiple Oscar nominee.

Wish they'd just let Mystique go. What a dumb fucking character.

In hindsight, this was a lucky miss for Saoirse, because Apocalypse ended up a flop, it was a terrible time to get into the franchise. Now it's dead and buried after this last movie that's been delayed months and months and is going to come and go with no notice, then Fox is sold to Disney and that whole X-Men series ends, except for Deadpool which is actually successful.

is this TV Movie?

I agree with the dude you’re replying to. Spouting meaningless buzzwords doesn’t convince anyone of.. whatever the fuck it is you’re trying to say.

user, that would have been far too clever. You're thinking 12 levels above the great minds of Hollywood.

Might as well be
youtube.com/watch?v=QWbMckU3AOQ

Attached: dark-phoenix.png (1288x772, 1.21M)

I can't wait to gut busting laugh along with the audience then

I hate Turner's huge forehead. It's such a turn off

what emotion is being conveyed here?

Attached: hmmmmm.png (400x583, 282K)

Wait what? Did you just say the Phoenix Force was weak?? It is literally the power of all life and starfire in the cosmos.

Could you stop with this cringeworthy hero worship? I love Ronan but you're trying to make this saintly angel of indie drama image out of nothing and it's sad. I'm not trying to insult her by pointing out she's auditioned for big mainstream roles. Her wanting some blockbuster roles doesn't somehow mean she's not a good actress or stop her getting Oscar worthy roles. All those comic book blockbusters are filled with good, acclaimed actors getting a big paycheck then going right back to their prestige roles.
You can only subside on little indie films that get lots of awards for so long.

"I'm just here for the paycheck"

sophie turner, and I say this as a lefty and a feminist ally, is an uncharismatic cow-stared bore and the last person who should be cast to play jean grey

>I want out of this shitty franchise

She's spacing out thinking about where it all went so wrong after the first hunger games

Attached: jlaw mystique.jpg (1024x768, 245K)

Actually, it was Marvel who called her to play Scarlet Witch, but she rejected it.

Alright. Let me lay it out so even a braindead zoomer can understand. You're not punk rock. You're not cool. You're just Billy Graham flossing. Not only was it bad to be a nazi half a century ago, it's fucking cringe-inducingly nauseating when you do it.

I actually LOVED the new movies but have absolutely no interest in this because I know Kinsberg is Directing and that fucking sneering cunt Jessica Cumstain is co-starring!!!FACT!!!

I fucking hate the sight of this fucking bitch!!!FACT!!!

???

Only if she sucks Carol Danvers dry and gets her classic power set. It's a crime what the older X-Men trilogy did with Rogue.

On the other hand, getting a load of mainstream roles can make you lots of money initially but kill you just as fast. Jennifer Lawrence being the big example. Not even ten years ago, she was considered a super up and coming talent in award films, Winter's Bone, etc, even got an Oscar at a young age amidst all the hype. Then she hit it big with Hunger Games and X-Men back to back, and people got sick of her really fast. Now her career has stalled out somewhat. X-Men has fizzled out in her tenure, Hunger Games ended with a thud, Passengers was a flop sold on her name, and so on. She'll always have work but audiences are sick of the sight of her and she's only 28.

Might be for the best that Ronan's been plugging away doing acclaimed roles in smaller films, she'll have more longevity than Lawrence even if Lawrence made way more money in the short term.

Ugly coal burning potato nigger!!!FACT!!!

>weak
Y-you... you missed my point.
So.
So.
SO.
*SO* fukken hard.

This is about thematics and narrative and story and cinematics, not some fictional dickmeasuring contest.

I'm saying the PP makes for a shit story PRECISELY because it is all of that and more, not that it's stronger than X from an in-universe perspective.

This dude I just drew is SAMHAIN THE JUDGE. He is stronger than every other god in my setting because he embodies death and the invitability of facing your sins.

Does that make him interesting?
FUCK NO it doesn't.
Strength = Narrative relevance.

On second thought he is still more interesting than Jean Grey; His powers are at least implied to have some sort of purpose and thrust other than "gib big stick for beat big threat".

Attached: tegaki.png (400x400, 4K)

No mystery, she is just an unlikable cunt

Captain Marvel would stomp a mud hole in Phoenix's ass.

Attached: original_result (19).png (512x512, 453K)

Yes

Literally the only reason I'm interested in Captain Marvel. I want to watch Rogue put her in a coma by stealing her brain juices.

God damn
I don't wanna live anymore
Making gap toothed sookie stackhouse rogue was the worst thing ever
Or maybe it was her voluntarily giving up her powers

Attached: CYa93SSWkAAjJzy.jpg (316x400, 42K)

>Does that make him interesting?
Yes.

I think you're mistaking "Jean Grey" for "Hollywood". All movies suck.

a skrull. she looks good blonde

>let's redo the same shitty story we did in the gayest X Men flicks but with a younger even shitter cast
>and let's hire Jennifer slagwrence
no wonder fox had to sell its fucking assets

Yet she pursued the Star Wars and X-Men roles. Weird. Olsen is fine and hot but Ronan would have done better in the role, she can do accents and has that ethereal look.

>Fun Fact: The fappening pictures were meant for Beast

Attached: h1gXgpuXERZTVhxMdjT7uvXIyq6.jpg (2000x3000, 387K)

No doubt with the reshoots Fox have inserted more Skrull shit into it to try get one up on Marvel. They did it with Quicksilver.

Both flicks are shit but yeah.

She'd be better as a gypsy Scarlett Witch with incestuous tones with her speedster brother.

Jean Grey is a gay ass character.

I'm so glad Harvey was outed even if it was all bullshit. Because it meant this slut is struggling so bad for roles now. She's absolutely terrible.

You know you've failed as an actress when you can't even portray a capeshit character in any capacity. It's just Jennifer Lawrence with blue skin.

And she'd be in a franchise that's actually alive and not ending after the next film.

Nice source you fat wanker.

Lawrence flamed out talent wise too. She turned out to be a lot more one-note than was thought, and phoned in X-Men so hard even mainstream audiences noticed. She hasn't had a great performance in like five years.

Jlaw faded out because of The Fappening and her cunty attitude. Look at her interview at the Golden Globes 2016 and the one with Adam Sandler where she basically says she hates her fans. Also, her complaining about being paid "unfairly" despite being a rich brat. She would have still been a huge deal today if she just stayed humble and kept her mouth shut.

>Good looking, seems respectable
>Got to bang Jlaw in her prime, dumps her before her downfall
>Finds a lingerie model to settle down with and is now a father
>Has a nice stable acting career

I envy this guy's life and he seems to be doing better than Jlaw.

Nah, the X-Men and Hunger Games franchises both flamed out while she was the face of them, even without the Fappening she was overexposed too quickly, audiences were tiring of her everpresence.

It's literally so bad they keep delaying it. It's probably never going to release. Hollywood is washed up with comic book movies after the end of the Avengers. They will no longer dominate. Rotten Tomatoes literally just showed how fake everything is.

Fox has really proved they should not have this franchise with how badly they've handled Dark Phoenix and New Mutants (originally supposed to release in April of 2018, now MIGHT come out late 2019, might not even release at all). Deadpool and Logan were flukes based on their stars/directors getting to do their own thing on smaller budgets.

I agree on that too but her cunt personality certainly didn't help either.

did new mutants get shelved because the trailer made it look like a horror movie when it's not?

Let's just agree she did not respond well to very quickly becoming an A lister star at a young age.

No one knows exactly what went wrong, there's conflicting reports. The most complete scenario appears to be that the director wanted to do a horror film outright, Fox did not, and they made a YA type film instead, but then the trailer cut like a horror film was well received and they decided to redo it to be more horror like as the director wanted originally, but then they haven't been able to actually get the reshoots for the film together, because the cast like Anya Taylor Joy are busy in other roles and Maisie Williams/Charlie Heaton were off doing GOT/Stranger Things. So they have an unfinished film they can't finish and none of the actors want to come back for a few months to finish a film that's obviously going to bomb at this point.

No, it got pushed to august.

The X-Men spent nearly 70 years fighting for nothing. Xavier murdered his own friends and the X-Men disbanded and Alkali Transigen put mutants on the verge of extinction. Xavier and Logan died slow and painful deaths.

Everything they did was pointless.

I think he was asking why it was pushed back. It's been delayed 18 months from its original release now. It was filmed in mid 2017 and still is on the shelf.

is that lipstick?

>this movie will make the last stand look like a classic x-film

>Yea Forums - Capeshit astroturfing and bait

Well The Last Stand at least had Wolverine.

and Rogue!

Oh who could forget Rogue!

Why yes I'd love to see cokebloat Sophie show me the extent of her acting skills

Drugs, alcohol and poor diet.

The poster alone already is.

>Rogue joined X-Men in 2005
>this movie takes in the '90s-era

Attached: fYR5EVr.jpg (7056x2450, 890K)

>No one has aged for three decades

Attached: A08F1F28-DACE-47A8-8A47-89A54A60BE4C.png (1136x640, 1.3M)

what retard made this chart? dofp future occurs after the original movies, why the unnecessary and unexplained breakpoint?

who are these people?

Attached: who.jpg (506x524, 52K)

That's Slipknot, the man who can climb anything.

Attached: Slipknot.jpg (1200x600, 49K)

the breaking point is in 1963 (when Azazel and Tempest are murdered by Project WideAwake, a team appointed by President Kennedy to study the mutant question. Other mutants are killed by the population. It's 'The Summer of Hate'. => Mystique goes crazy => Apocalyptic Timeline ; Original Timeline)

Just a minute, isn't there now only an in-universe decade separating Dark Phoenix and the original X-Men? Jean Gray must've had some major plastic surgery in that time.

This but unironically. Imagine if the MCU had started at infinity war. Or the DCU killing superman in his second movie

God damn it, it's a new timeline, you fucking idiot.

>Or the DCU killing superman in his second movie

Attached: cavil.gif (245x252, 1.72M)

So her genetics got completely fucked up in the meantime? That's not how timelines work.

she is so fucking ugly looking my god I remember GoT fags saying how she was beautiful. What the fuck is wrong with her fat face?

>Dicovers

Selene Gallio and Red Lotus.

Attached: m_ofoct.jpg (1572x1221, 485K)

That's exactly how timelines work.

Attached: age-of-apocalypse-photo-u1.jpg (1024x768, 141K)

Oh, cool. Everyone's favorites

i thought the original implication was that the timeline split after dofp...

so now there are 3 timelines instead of 2?

>supposed to be a 30 year difference
>still look the same

Attached: 1539234728240.jpg (720x1280, 184K)

>wolverine dicovers his powers
>trask industries exist
>stryker shots in his head
>she kills cyclope
>major events of the original timeline happens
>he tries to reunited the x-men
>every x-men are alive

well at least it isn't official

Mystique is the only one that makes sense.

Their insistence on ten year time jumps in every film never made sense

No. Nobody gives a shit.
Nobody gives a shit about capeshit anymore too.
People will mostly skip cap marvel for the final of infinity war, and maybe some kids will watch the spiderman film, but but then we'll have reached the point where even the normiest of normies are sick of capeshit.
You can't sustain the cape train on onions alone.

You seem to be trying to convince yourself more than anyone else.

Jean's been in pretty much all the movies now. If you haven't grown to like her in the movies by now, it's never going to happen.

>kill me

This is a heavy shill thread right? Because every report of the test screenings is that it's laughably bad Catwoman-tier garbage

Thanks for reminding me about one of the only Marvel properties that has any artistic merit

Prove it

Not Sophie Turner Jean. This is her second movie.

>magnetos mom is killed by shawn

based kelsey grammer

This is gonna bomb

good genes

I like Jennifer Lawrence as a leader of the young X-Men.

I miss Famke as Jean
> she's 54
Fucking hell where did the time go?

Attached: e01846cc188177bc4400bbae26404cf3.jpg (800x1066, 149K)

It won't. It's Disney.

It's not. It's Fox.

like tears in rain

she still looks younger than Sophie

WHY are they making more movies of this

cool

Terrible.

Nice.

She was fine when she was 15

america made her fat

Release date was moved out twice already. Was supposed to open last year.

>bf
She's a lesbian.

Goddamn I miss Famke Janssen

No she isn't.

yes she's...

Attached: C6bWbn5XEAAmPur.jpg (634x689, 169K)

>I think you're mistaking "Jean Grey" for "Hollywood". All movies suck.
Pff- I mean maybe.

I honestly thought this movie was getting memory holed after the merger

Which timeline is the one where she mindrapes Iceman into being a homosexual?

>being this out of the loop
She's obviously gay. It's a matter of time before she comes out.

Attached: 1511284934889.jpg (1080x1080, 967K)

That's not Saoirse Ronan user.

So is this shit going to be released directly on web platform?