The world's full of barns, that are, almost waiting for me to burn them down

>The world's full of barns, that are, almost waiting for me to burn them down.

Attached: Chahh.jpg (2700x1800, 2.36M)

I guess the movie was supposed to be about perception and what is real, isn't real.

But i think it's completely clear that ben is the killer, i mean the fucking phonecall, her watch AND him talking about "burning" plastic houses? Near jongsu or whatever the main character was named.

On a more specific level it's about the role of women in modern Korea, with them literally becoming 'plastic' in the face of increasing Americanisation.

>The barn's full of walkers...

i still want to now how he killed the girl and then how he killed the girl he was putting liptstick on

No its about three lonely people in Korea, the radical class devide and their disconnect to the world they live in

>But i think it's completely clear that ben is the killer, i mean the fucking phonecall, her watch AND him talking about "burning" plastic houses? Near jongsu or whatever the main character was named.
I dont think so. Since he met up with the guy at the end and acts surprised that the girl isnt with him. I dont think he killed anyone. The girl just took off and everything else was a coincidence or made up in the guys head.

Not really it's more about the mystery of the disillusionment of jongsei.
Because in an instant his non existent life turned into finding a hot girl who bones him day one, then he falls for her, gets cucked and she gets killed by a psychopath..

He was innocent. He didnt kill her.

Hi, "cremation" and "make-up" are the same word in Korean.

no idea what you're talking about but reminds me of that short story where the kid's dad is a barn burner
Barn Burning I think

He's full of metaphor, but he took the word "roasties" a tad literal

*steals your gf*

Attached: stevenyeun-e1540503540865[1].jpg (780x483, 32K)

it's literally based on that short story

>she gets killed by a psychopath..
Literally zero proof of that

No, it's based on a Haruki Murakami short story that shares the title with the Faulkner story you just mentioned.

It really doesn't matter if he did it or not. Maybe he did maybe he didn't. This movie not so subtly alludes to schroedingers cat.
The whole point is that Jongsu came to a conclusion that he did. He can't know for sure and so can't we. This movie is about how Jongsu convinced himself that Ben is a killer and not about if Ben is a killer.

not wrong but the plastic house burning/title of the movie/plastic surgery can't be overlooked.

there is many layers to that movie. every threads give me a new insight. i wonder if its possible we might be more creative than the director, tho... sort of like that shining documentary.

How fucking great his casting is?
I mean he does play his part brilliantly but the fact that he's a Hollywood actor works on a meta level. The second you see this fuckers face you immediately think of him as being different than two other actors

the roast

Thats why it is a psychological thriller/mystery
It is about jongseis disillusionment. We never actually know, but all the signs point to him being a killer.
In the end, how do we even know that she was real.

Ben's a rich homosexual who pays money to women to get dehumanazid among his group of intellectual friends as how retards they are, then put them make up on as if they were his dolls, get a token as a collection thing and they left, so he goes for the next girl/doll.

The girl left with tons of money gave by Ben because of this humilliation/doll thing to do some other retard travelling shit, she will mostly get raped and beheaded in one of those

The main character is a closet faggot (He only gets turned on while fucking the girl while observing a big building in the shape of a penis, which is why he jerked off looking at the building afterwards), beaten by his father (That's why he doesn't care to defend him) and wanted to escape using his imagination, but his imagination is shit so he never writes nothing. Until he find Ben, thinking he's a killer so his imagination starts pumping up and turning him crazy, ending killing Ben.

There, is not that hard.

Attached: IDon'tCare_Mirai.png (562x514, 310K)

Murakami is a hack anyways