True Detective

How did they manage to have such kino character arcs and such shit of an investigation plot?

Attached: True-Detective-Season-3-Mahershala-Ali.jpg (780x438, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=znjNGpUDLKk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The True Detectiveâ„¢ was actually the wife.

What arcs?

Purple and Amelia going through major rough times twice in their lives and learning to let go of the case that's been the basis of their life since they met.

Roland going from a blunt police officer to a caring father figure for Tom, and then succumbing to loneliness and alcohol after failing him, only to finally find peace at old age back together with Hays.

>he watches true detective for the plot
weirdo

Attached: KINO.jpg (500x281, 92K)

>Purple and Amelia going through major rough times twice in their lives and learning to let go of the case that's been the basis of their life since they met.

Two arguments in a marriage is not an arc. The only times we saw them together was working on the case.

>Roland going from a blunt police officer to a caring father figure for Tom, and then succumbing to loneliness and alcohol after failing him, only to finally find peace at old age back together with Hays.

These are not arcs he was still a blunt police office after helping Tom and again after seeing Tom dead. He was always a drinker and before Tom got killed you seen he never had any real relationship with a women picking up a girl from a bar and one from a church which were basically one night stands. As for being friends with Purple again at the end its not an arc, he even say's he doesn't know why they stopped talking and hanging

mahershala and dorff had really nice chemistry

>wanting to also enjoy a good narrative
Such a weird concept amirite

it's called teasing babe

>father figure for tom
no

Attached: condoms.jpg (640x720, 220K)

hello retard

Dorff was the only good thing about this shitshow.

its not a grand conspiracy
they are decidedly average as far as detectives go
the real story is about Hayes as a character more than anything else

i didn't sign up for this. remember all the gloom and doom soundtrack? and then it was just an accident and a confused woman drugging a girl.

if I wanted that kind of relationship shit, i could watch the bold and the beautiful instead

Any kinos where child abduction is at the centre of the mystery? Prisoners is the most obvious one I can think of. Only other I can recall now is that one with Casey Affleck I hated maybe. Maybe, to make the central mystery eerie, we should have seen the keedz in captivity like in Silence in the Lambs. Imagine the captors being as fucking insane as Buffalo Bill but delusional enough to believe they are being benevolent.

Everyone forgot about it already. People were talking about the season 1 finale for months after it aired. People were legitimately enthralled by it.

This was just a neat bowtie to wrap things up and move on to the next thing.

there's a thing called novelty effect

It's called controlled opposition. The powers that be would never let them make another season 1 after Pizzagate. Pizzagato got too close to the truth, so they ruined his show and made him make a season mocking conspiracies. Even the intro uses Masonic imagery, along with the show mentioning the Franklin Scandal. This show is controlled opposition now.

how do I know you're not part of it?

Why would I admit to what's going on if I was part of it?

To distract from an even worse conspiracy?

mystic river

youtube.com/watch?v=znjNGpUDLKk