Do The Right Thing

Who was in the wrong here?

Sal or the black guys?

Attached: 75501066-22A0-4A3A-8408-AB2206FBC7BD.jpg (336x500, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jc6_XgtOQgI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This movie taught me that a stereo has greater value to the average PoC than the life of a white man.

The unauthentic fake African supporter who lives to stir up shit named 'Buggin' Out' ? isn't enough of a giveaway?

Black satire just doesn't work with a white audience.

Two dollars for extra cheese is ridiculous.

I like how this movie was essentially just niggers chimping out and being butthurt over nothing.
Like Spike Lee didn't even really understand the story he was even telling and accidentally made blacks look like unreasonable violent shits.

How about the fact that it both starts and ends with a literal retard butchering Malcolm X quotes? Still not enough?

What did Spike Lee mean by “the right thing”?

Is he trying to say Mookie did the right thing starting a riot and destroying private property?

Or Sal’s the one who did the right thing?

I don’t get it

Attached: A1C64E02-A160-4B44-BD3F-E5499E0866AD.png (726x732, 659K)

not anymore, 30 years ago yeah

Spike is so stupid he literally thinks Mookie did the right thing by starting a riot.
Everyone else watching the movie thinks the title is ironic because Mookie DOESN'T do the right thing.
It's an accidental success.

Sal
>provides food
>provides jobs
>takes care of his family
>gives money to people he cares about
>proud of his heritage with dagos all over the wall

Black guys
>fight
>sit on their asses all day
>blast music with no concern for other
>damage fire hydrants
>lie to police
>start shit with everyone that isn’t black and then start shit with other blacks that disagree with the shit they start
>only guy promoting black American history is literal retard that annoys everyone
>the pro Africa guy is full of shit and everyone hates him
>they destroy the one place in the neighborhood that provides them a service and opportunities because Sal doesn’t show pride for them

Sal wins every time. It’s sort of like “Fences” in a different hood with a pizza place in it. Oh that’s right, “Fences” is the play script that Spike Lee ripped off to write this script.

>Chimpout = good

He did do the right thing, if he hadn't of instigated the riot the wops would've been killed.

Sal’s son was right all along

/this

>Black satire
DEY WHAITYAT PIPLS IS CRAZY FO SHO!! LAWS DO JESUS!!!
>2deep4me.

Cops literally killed a guy, and you’re worried if some white dudes property is Okay.

The movie is about Spike Lee's (Mookie) reluctant collaboration with YT (Sal). Lee realizes that his films only serve as catharsis and don't really change anything (the riot).

Because he attacked the white dude

It's a Spike Lee joint, so black people are always doing the right thing no matter what. If they rape you, rob you and leave you for dead it's your own fault for being born white in a racist world that blacks built.

He tried to strangle a white man to death over a boombox.

spike lee is a hack with delusions of grandeur and the universes worse combo case of little man syndrome, Dunning–Kruger, typical black jealousy and bitterness, and nuclear butthurt.

the only reason he still gets money to make his shitty "joints" is because someone owes him from being blackmailed by spike.

Sal for humanizing niggers and setting his expectations for them above subhuman.

There was no "right thing" for each character to do in relation to the other characters because of the circumstances they were in. The title is a paradox, which is the underlying point of the film.

everyone but lee keeps the conversation going so the message is ruined

Probably charged him that because the dude was being a cunt.

In spikes stated opinion mookie did the right thing by smashing a racists buisness. In my head he did the right thing by turning the crowds anger away from sal and his kids to their store. Other wise they wouldve been killed.

N-word brains don't work on any kind of thematic level. Spike Lee has no idea why he wrote what he wrote or what his title means except that at one point in the story an old guy said to do the right thing.

Why didn’t Sal just move out of the neighborhood like his son told him?

They were one of the few white families on the neighborhood. Something bad was eventually going to happen.

Attached: 70CA1B94-E9D2-49F3-BCDD-77530CD4BE44.jpg (598x415, 17K)

Keep retreating and you eventually run out of ground.

>Nigger tries to mruder a man over a boombox
>Gets shot
>AYO HOL UP WHY HE GET SHOOT, WE KILL WHITEY
>AYO WINDOW BROKE WE RIOT
>AYO MUFUGGIN KOREANS SHOOTING UN US WHEN WE TRY KILLING EM, SHEEEEIT

Spike lee is a hack.

Blacks were in the wrong, obviously. For some reason they don't understand the concept of law.

The whites for allowing the blacks the ability to be among white civilization.

>Were there certain characters that you identified with more?

>No, as a writer I want everybody to get a chance to voice their opinions. If each character thinks that they’re telling the truth, then it’s valid. Then at the end of the film, I leave it up to the audience to decide who did the right thing.

Underrated comment

Based

Why would property right suddenly ceaes to exist?
This is the problem with blacks, they think they have the right to act violently if it benefits them.

Sal

The Whiteboy in the Larry Bird shirt for:
>bumping into Buggin' Out and scuffing his brand new Air Jordans
>only being able to say excuse me
>living in a brownstone on his block on his side of the street
>thinking the U.S. is a free country
>wanting to live in a black neighborhood
>drinking orange juice in the middle of the day
youtube.com/watch?v=jc6_XgtOQgI

Attached: larry bird do the right thing.png (1280x720, 706K)

The fuckin Moolies you Cazzo.

Kek

Radio Raheem had it coming

based and redpilled

Literally niggers think this way, kys

I just noticed that he bumps into buggin' out on his left side, but it's his right sneaker that gets scuffed up.

I was dating a black woman when this came out. Her take is that all of them were doing what they think was the right thing - as a black man, Buggin should be calling out there being no black photos on the wall. Sal was doing the right thing by saying it's his place. His son was doing what he thought was the right thing by hating blacks.

And, nobody is "right" or "wrong" - what you think is comes from who you are - a black person will see the movie completely differently than a white person.

>Why didn’t Sal just move out of the neighborhood like his son told him?

\Because that wasn't the story Lee was trying to tell.

And, in realistic terms, a guy like Sal couldn't afford to move in NYC. If he was leasing, he would have been unable to afford a new place in that time frame, because of gentrification of the poor areas (like Bed Sty), and forget Manhatten. I doubt a guy like Sal had much cash socked away, anyway.

The niggers were in the wrong. They burned a mans store and destroyed his livelihood because he wouldn't put up one fucking photo they were screaming about in his own store.

This. Spike Lee has always been a sperg. I like how the movie mentions Sal and his family have been in the neighbourhood for decades and yet the blacks who got there after he did just basically force him to leave.

Buggin' Out, actually. He bursts into Sal's, demands he appease him by putting black people on the Wall of Fame, has Raheem blasting his radio, AND employs racism first by calling them guineas. His actions anger Sal, who breaks the radio, which leads to the fight, which leads to the police coming, which leads to them choking out and killing Raheem.

I'm sure Lee didn't intend this at all, but it's the idea that black people put themselves into those situations. Look at all the police shootings today. They're almost always involving a black man committing a crime, ignoring the police, or flat out fighting them.

Granted, Mookie did save Sal's bacon by diverting the crowd, but was that really his intention? Let's say it was, you can certainly agree with the fact that property is a small price to pay.

Of course, they also zoom in on that graffiti saying "Tawana Told The Truth!," when every single piece of evidence said she was lying. So at the end of the day, coupled with the quotes at the end, it's black people thinking the ends justify the means.

>They burned a mans store and destroyed his livelihood because he wouldn't put up one fucking photo they were screaming about in his own store.

No, they burned down the store because A. it was hot as fuck out, B. Buggin Out provoked Sal into saying "nigger" and Rheem into attacking Sal, and C. Mookie lit the fuse.

Buggin used the photos to crusade, where one wasn't needed. Everything in the movies was little bullshit issues that go down every day, that were made 100000x's worse because of the heat. If Buggin hadn't gone in to provoke Sal, the other kids would have gotten a slice, and Sal would have gone home.

Raheem, by the way, is a fucking asshole, even the black woman I was dating was going "I know a dude like that! Fuck him! Turn the damn music down, yo, and get a fucking job!" Raheem was a total asshole to Sal, and there was already tension there, but the heat and that fuckhead Buggin triggered both of them.

Don't forget the reality of the time - cop violence WAS a problem in NYC during that era. The whole chokehold thing was a BIG issue, which is why Spike put it in there specifically.

Pretty smart take.

As far as "white man's window vs. black man's life" thing, remember the black guys cared way too much about a white man's property in the first place i.e. the wall.

The niggers obviously

Socrates visited the poets and found that they weren't smart, the just had a knack for telling reality through stories.

Cops behave the way they do because black people are so inherently violent.

13% of the population that commits 54% of the violent crime.

Spike can make good films when he disassociates himself with trying to villainize white people and champion blacks.
25th Hour is one of his better films because of this.

Attached: site_28_rand_201609877_25th_hour_627.gif (704x396, 189K)

That must be why they shoot white people too.