Could some True Detective explain to me what was the deal with how the boy died?

could some True Detective explain to me what was the deal with how the boy died?
because the final episode suggest that
>they all were playing hide and seek
>crazy lady wanted then to kidnap Julie
>Will found them
>crazy lady pushed Will and he died
and this is when things get confusing for me
if that's what happened then why did the boy looked for Julie on his bike far away from where they played and during nighttime?
please explain this to a total brainlet

also what was the deal with the book that fell on the ground and opened on just the right page? was it hallucination? it felt so cheap and out of place like in some sort of soap opera

Attached: True_Detective_season_3.png (250x319, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/17504769
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shit story from a hack writer

But it couldn’t possibly be that shitty. Unless they changed the ending and forgot about it?

>The absolute state of underage /pol/ mixing with Yea Forums
Cant’t even understand a simple episode of bad tv

Yeah I was thinking about that myself. But DESU pizza got fucked again and couldn't reveal the Jew pedos so he probably had to scrap something half way through and this is what we got.... Same shit with s1. I am actually starting to like 2!!! That scene where the brother died gave me AIDS. Like wtf the dolls was nothing.

You forgot your pills. Also if you’re so smart mr Homo Superior then answer my question.

You have to be 18 to post here sweety.
Go finish your homework

Too retarded to answer, that’s what I thought.

I think I sudffocating some call 911

Hays is still in Vietnam, the whole story is an hallucination produced by drugs. He's a victim of MkUltra program and part of the Phoenix Operation.

Oh, no. You again.

MkUltra (Monarch project) and the Phoenix Operation were real. Read about it.

gorgle on my balls faggot

How come caramel is everywhere, on any subject? Leave us alone

cringe

Maybe he was threatened into changing story and 'wrapping it up' in a non-pizzagate-supporting way.

>also what was the deal with the book that fell on the ground and opened on just the right page? was it hallucination?
That was my interpretation also, there's no evidence to suggest the woman is Julie Purcell and it could be quite literally him considering the possibility from the confused memories of his wife, going to the house and then forgetting why he went there.

average story from a great writer

Family Guy > Simpsons

Attached: 7429F24C-AD18-48D6-A627-672B13AC82D2.jpg (752x501, 40K)

Only patricians will understand why this is the correct attitude.

Thought the same as a joke but instead of drugs is just him making up stories while walking alone in the jungle, with all the themes about wring a story and shit .

Pizza is a hack.

Turns out it was a remake of Jacobs ladder.

It was fucking pointless. Where were the clues that they were taken by a crazy woman? I can't think of any. The reveal came completely out of left field.

Pizza is literally a flat circle.

They ran off to play that evening before dark. It was dark by the time we saw the teenagers playing in their own scene. Doesn't mean it was already dark when they interacted with Will and Julie.

Book falling open to right page was total coincidence. Was done to match the rest of the serendipity and bitter-sweet feeling of the whole investigation. Even when figuring it all out, he never told anyone else and even forgot why he was there when he finally arrived at the house. It's implied that his son might've looked into it afterward, but we'll never know if anyone except the guy with memory problems will ever know the full story.

why is pizzalotto OBSESSED with landscaping? thats twice that the twist was the groundskeeper's secret identity

Dan O'brien murder and bones found in the quarry was left completely unexplained.

Will's death glossed over.

Hoyt showdown / conspiracy turned out to be nothing, Hoyt continues to partake in crime rings in some form and has no consequence

So Will with Julie on their bikes going to meet Isabel+June in the woods, then they split up and Will ran into the metalhead kid? But then they met up again so June could accidentally trip Will into the tree stump and kill him? What the fuck. Love this show and love season 3 but the ending was a wash.

Not even Mr. June himself could believe no one was brought to justice on the case.

I need a Stephen Dorff renaissance

Notes, castle, ealry on in like ep2 or ep3 they mention about an interrial couple in a nice sedan being around crime scene, fingerprints, the letter, the introduction to Hoyt Foods.

That's all I can think of. Red herrings that are never followed up on or explained are: Connections to Pizzagate, Hoyt's denial and suggestion of a power even above him, connection with S1 (a big fuck you to fans,) hallucinations and general time fuckery where 90's hays saw the door open when zoomer hays was mooching about, investigation being halted by the Police chief (unless I missed something they never imply Hoyt had fingers in their pockets)

I don't mind the ending overall but wish there was more attention given to some of the time fuckery parts. That shit is what got me most intrested this season and they blow it over as "dementia lol"

i watched the episode last night and literally remember nothing about it. i'm gonna try and watch it again now

The intrigue of the mystery is due in large part to the Tarantino style of showing scenes out of sequence. If you played S3 in chronological order it's a run-of-the-mill police show with some great acting and cinematography.

At this point I'm convinced S1 was great primarily thanks to Fukunaga.

I think Harris was the baddest villain of the season, but all that information died with him

Yeah, should have kept him alive longer but that nice guy act dropped when he reached for the gun

Just watch Cecil B. Demented. All the Dorff at his fucking best.

yfw
- nuns had already saved julie with grrl power.
- intersectional teacher knew this. she was the True Detective
- gay white and straight black couldn't solve the mystery bc they were man-children, and not intersectional enough

that doesn't explain away everything in the series nor do hallucinegenics make you imagine living through 50 years of a life like the video game from rick & morty

>elizabeth wanted a surrogate daughter after hers died
>will was never part of the plan, the mom was being paid to have julie play with the crazy lady and fulfill the fantasy
>crazy lady wants to adopt her for real and take her home
>the boy protests, a struggle ensues and he is pushed into a rock

IRRC they said his neck was broken, which could happen if he fell but his body seemed pretty not gory for somebody who was just brained off of a rock. Theres a lot of loose ends ,like why nobody at the company picnic told the detectives crazy Elizabeth literally tried to take julie in front of everyone or why julies mom didnt tell everyone what was going on. Haris didnt even get to her until afterwards

Attached: cute.gif (270x270, 2.82M)

fuck bros..........

Attached: file.png (1117x960, 896K)

Unironically the high point of the season

God this shit is so fucking sad. i don't think ive ever seen such a sad episode of tv in my life before this

Attached: file.png (1093x802, 916K)

>le sad dog

Who gives a fuck

It took 25 years to resolve the case just because Purple Hays choose to doing things solo.

He always choose to doing things alone, he would die just for his mama to be rich if he died in Nam, he was recon just to do his own thing, he never shared his true feelings about the case with Roland, he never read the book of his wife.

Purple Hays was the ultimate incel.

Attached: file.png (1483x835, 1.01M)

yeah, he's a complete fuckin ass hole

How can /pol/ even compete?

Duly Noted

what did amelia even see in him? he was a controlling dick

FUCKING WAIT....was dorff a fag?

Attached: 1551054408776.jpg (1024x1007, 109K)

They were both a piece of shit human beings.

women love “damaged” men

he really liked spending time with hayes being partners and solving cases. he was heartbroken when he quit and just brushed off their freindship. the show should be called true friendship

jesus christ what a fucking fantastic last scene. he literally never left the jungle. holy shit that last shot made this the best season

Attached: file.png (967x826, 630K)

Nigga thats not whats up, he spend time with tom also, even helding his hand and shot and tom was a knonw sissy, so here os the question, was dorff a fag thats why he spend some time with tom and leaving or getting dumped by his qt grillfriend?

Someone please make an edit of this with Fortunate Son

lol yeah we need this

you're a fag

He was always a slave of his own psyche, always solo, always recon.

god i am fucking blown away. i was hoping this was what Pizza was gonna do and he did it, the whole thing was a dream. holy shit fucking fantastic

Roland getting into a brawl might be the best bit of all 3 seasons. Couldn't stop laughing

what program should i download to make a webm? i will make the final scene with it ain't me

seems like such a lame cop out to me. genuinely curious why you are impressed

Yeah, no wonder Rebecca hates him

t. Amelia

t. f*moid

because that's what i wanted and expected the whole time. i can understand if it pissed you off it you were expecting something else though. it was more or less like solving an argument that you're having with yourself in your head and it finally resolved. i found it very satisfying

That's not what's implied.

someone explain the ending to me pls

also did Amelia die of natural causes?

Attached: 6A8CAB38-6E3E-40C3-99C2-6F24E716A6C5.jpg (1920x1080, 522K)

Purple Haze never left the jungle, he died there and he comforted himself with a lot of made of stuff, the entire plot of the show
IT AINT ME
IT AINT ME

Time is a flat circle: he went back to the jungle (is his mind, dementia). It's the duality: the same time he finally has all (family, friend, together) he still lost it all. Dude was let go.

IT AINT ME
IT AINT ME
IN AINT NO FORTUNATE ONE NO

This. She spelt out the connection between all seasons. The answer is a meme, flat circle. Nothing is ever really solved

i really dont know how season 4 is gonna outdo this. this is absolute top tier kino

If I loved Season 1 and thought Season 2 was entertainingly bad, will I like Season 3?

season 3 proved itself as the best season in the finale

Probably, it's a bit of a slow burner but enjoyable

>He's a good bro
>He didn't get married
>Therefore he must be a fag
This is how fucking faggots like you think.

god it was so fucking good, i'm gonna watch ti again

dude the last episde really channeled Myst

I'm a hollywood insider, unfortunaly orders from above forced Pizzolatto to change the script late midseason. Once again he started to squeeze on the pizzagate subject and senators ties to childprostitution, so that storyline had to be scratched and subverted completly.

In the original script Hays promised to tell Amelia everything, but is taken for a car-ride into a closed institute where he is tied down on a stretcher and severely drugged up until mental breaking point, then blasted with visual and audio stimuli causing severe trauma and mental shattering. There would be a 8 minute long sequence of this and it would essentially reveal how MK-Ultra works in practice. After this, Hays would have zero recollection of where he went or how he got back home, and this is where his memory problems would start, unable to remember important groundbreaking details he intented to reveal to Amelia the days before.

this way

Attached: 3017684-injustice+-+gods+among+us+#16+-+page+17.jpg (1920x1476, 325K)

why did they bring up season one complete with the same musical themes and conspiracy elements of only to completely ignore it?

>so Hoyt was just a nice guy
>James nice too
>one eyed black man extra nice
Eh so it's wrong to kill James right?

yeah dude you're full of buulshit

>women love “damaged” men
then why don't they love me?

You probably arent handsome and fit.

Yeah he only killed both parents he was a bro

PEDO RING FROM SEASON 1 IS STILL OUT THERE GODDAMMIT

I legit thought that Henry was going to put the crumpled paper into a drawer full of notes with that address on it.

That would have been horrifying.

Pizza confirmed she died in her sleep peacefully while the two of them were on an extended vacation together

Convict is pretty good

Started watching season 2 after enjoying most of season 3. Only on episode 4 but it's enjoyable so far.

Attached: 1532386863030.jpg (1000x1926, 482K)

>literally
calm down user

God damn, you're really dumb.

I was genuinely not expecting him to be able to handle himself so well in a fight. Jesus christ.

I hope you realize that's not actually what happened though. I mean I'm glad you're satisfied, but he wasn't literally dreaming. It was a visual metaphor.

>they were playing hide and seek
>boy couldn't find Julie
>ended up back at the tower looking around before finding them
Glad to have offered my detecting services. That will be $2,000 plus tip.

you guys are stupid

It's okay user, keep going with your fan fiction. It seems to have satisfied you more than the actual season did for most of us.

City of Industry and Space Truckers

i dont care about fighting for this show. it proved itself to the point wherer i dont have to defend it

Let's settle this down

strawpoll.me/17504769

You are now aware plebs have been lying to you, telling you it's shit

I mean clearly the version you're watching sounds vastly superior to the version the rest of us saw.

I like when Hays told Eliza to fuck off in the end, then solved the case after that.

Attached: In.png (720x366, 255K)

Hayes died at the end