True Detective Season 3 finale

holy fuck this was complete and utter shit
and it's not even about disappointment that there wasn't any big mystery, it's just that they accomplished literally nothing. Roland and Wayne could die in 80s and nothing would've changed.
Also does anyone else felt like if the show treated them like a total fucking retard?
I knew who Mike and the little girl were when old Wayne first saw them but the show anyway had to shove it down my throat, and by the way done it in the most stupid fucking way imaginable, with book falling down and opening on just the right page.
What am I watching some low budget turkish soap opera?

Overall:
S1 = S2 > shit > my gutch and balls > my forseking > S3

Attached: True_Detective_season_3.png (250x319, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/artist/1501470-Prince-Ali-4
youtube.com/watch?v=YfsBdmlzwUo
youtube.com/watch?v=c53CbxdVuoo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm fucking proud to be part of this white community who hates all nonwhites. True detective represents white genocide. It encourages white women to desire black men instead of white men of virtue like us.

FUCK TRUE DETECTIVE

It's literally a snow globe story you fucking retarded faggots.

cringe but redpilled

I mean I thought it was a good season but it's clearly in 3rd place out of all 3. There were seriously no stakes this season pretty much.

cringe but redpilled

If cringe is what it takes to save my white race and get a white woman, then so be it. Glad to see fellow white brethren backing me up. Keep up the good fight. Praise Kek and Deus Vult

did (((they))) get to Pizzahutto?

The scene at the bar with Dorff and that wooly mammoth fucking biker was amazing. Best monologue-insult I've heard in a very long time.

cringe but redpilled

cringe but redpilled

>manlet defeating fat biker
yeah totally could happen

Someone summarize season 3 and the ending so I can never watch this shit.

I pay in big fat tiddies

Attached: DMredbra008.jpg (2678x4000, 1.67M)

So what happened to dem keeedz ?

Can someone please summarize the story? I only saw the first 4 eps, then lost interest.

sex rings dont exist g0y

nah it was kino. In fact season 1 is pleb trash
Season 2> season 3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>season 1

>t.

Attached: drumpfy.png (434x543, 634K)

Only if you post her lost hardcore scene.

a literal fucking ghost solves the case, but black man cant remember, because he forgets.

A FUCKING GHOST.

Frank Capra, Rod Serling and fucking Spielberg did snowglobe stories that made my dad feel good he fucked mom in a drive-thru theater, there's nothing clever, novel or revelatory about that cliche.

>He watched more than 20 minutes of the first episode!

Attached: 1545104094384.gif (360x346, 170K)

>t. pleb
best season so far

Anyone else bothered that the case was solved by Amelia's ghosy? There's no way Hay's could have known any of that expository stuff he sees while Amelia explains it.

What was the deal with the strange relationship with Wayne and his daughter?

good acting
shit writing

They fucked.

Does someone have the SKEEUP edit?

This. I've personally seen only the episodes of season two and that's it, regardless of how many more they make of this show

>nstead of white men of virtue like us

Lol, holy shit I'm dying

It was a drama for married people with some detective stuff in between. It was obvious since the first episode where they burned so much time with Purple and Amelia just talking during dinner.

I really don't understand why people are so surprised about how it ends now?

You mean the hoax from 2009? Ya, her rich fuck hubby never let her. Closest is the Vegas video where a random fan grabs her tits.

It's Yea Forums you literally have people saying the 2nd season was anything more than garbage just because there was a sex-ring conspiracy. These idiots don't care if it's implemented well they just want their conspiracy driven minds to be proven right.

>S1 = S2
you huff paint?

I watched last 10 min of the ending from my phone on the shitter. still disappointed but somewhat satisfied

Attached: IMG_20190115_161852.jpg (392x392, 26K)

>S1=S2
Into the trash your retarded opinion goes

You're a disgrace to the human race, jump under a train. Do it!

WHO WAS STALKING OLD HAYES????

A POORLY WRITTEN PLOT, THAT'S WHO

Is this true or are you kidding?

Season 2 was better sorry. Every episode moved the plot forward and there were a shit ton of things happening which made it fun to watch.

It is

Attached: GC6mcjF.jpg (1573x1020, 162K)

Looks like someone's upset that Black Panther didn't win BP...

After long research I came to conclusion that Fukanaga entirely carried first season .
Pizzaman had all ingredients, but manged to make such an unengaging, flat, uncharismatic product.

I legit can't remember watching anything more boring than Hayes family subplot.

this is the problem with every season

;_;

Attached: True.Detective.S03E08.Now.Am.Found.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv_snapshot_00.27.36_[2019.02 (1920x1080, 158K)

>Fukanaga entirely carried first season

All the good stuff in season one was because Fukunaga fought hard to include or change certain scenes. For example, Fukunaga had to fight Pizzalatte for that 6-minute tracking shot in the hood.

>Little midget
How redundant

oh you like detective stories? mysteries? too bad you get some boring family drama instead.

everyone knows that long tracking shot scene are for plebs. actually well edited scenes are patrician.

It was pretty bad senpai. Makes Season 2 shine even more tho

This just reminds me why I don't watch television. Writing problems, every single modern show suffers from them.

black man with 1 eye

>There were seriously no stakes this season pretty much.
Based brainlet user missing the point of the season.

did i miss something?

the most mysterious character just LOLNOTHING END

Attached: Screenshot-00500.jpg (1920x1088, 195K)

This was the only show I was watching now I have fuckall until LD releases the new Curb, which will hopefully be Kino

>the point was that it was boring and shitty
really yellas my kang

what's the verdict?

Attached: 1550701972155.jpg (1064x1278, 337K)

>Wow mister, you really are a TRUE DETECTIVE!

Embarrassing even by Pizza's standards

Attached: Lucy Purcell.jpg (850x900, 52K)

Everyone who shits on the ending missed the point of the season entirely: it was about letting go, living your life and not getting consumed by obsession. It's okay that you're too much of a brainlet to get it, I understand.

Julie wasn't real at the end. He was just hallucinating.

She's you
>obsessed with pedo cult conspiracies
> gets blacked

Honestly you fags don't deserve pizza, you all wanted more yellow king like this is some kind of MCU cinematic universe shit or to validate your own conspiracies about the real world.

>there weren't enough flashy lights and gunfights for brainlet-kun so it was shitty and boring
How does it feel like to have the brain of a nigger?

YEAH WE GET IT. IT WAS STILL POORLY WRITTEN AND A CHORE TO WATCH

Whole story could be turned into 1 episode of some procedural police show. Everything else (3 timelines and whole amnesia thing) were just a gimmick.

Turns out there was no detective work in this season. Everything was just explained to them. It took them 30 years to find a couple of names.

me?
god i wish.

>flashy lights and gunfights

That was season 2 and it was shit too (for different reasons)

>aid
LOL, she died of AIDS haha

Attached: True.Detective.S03E08.Now.Am.Found.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb.mkv_snapshot_00.47.38_[2019.02 (1920x1080, 326K)

Brilliant, now if you can summarize that in one sentence, why have 8+hours of contrived horseshit across multiple timelines, red herrings, useless so-called character development amount to emotional spewing in a bar, and dead-end plotpoints? This season is a hackjob, whoever is behind it should never get work again.

Yeah I kept thinking about that whenever they showed her grave. It was extremely distracting desu.

Because that's how life is. Confusing and often unsatisfying

100% if this season wasn't piggybacking off the success of the previous two and didn't have "True Detective" in the title, nobody, not a soul, would be watching it.

If season 2 & 3 proved anything, it's that pizzaman stole the script for S1.

No way you go from writing something like that to the utter shlock that S3 ended up being.

Tell us where Pizza touched you, user.

why do they look so similar

What a cutie, I want a daughter now!

>the show is boring because life is boring
wow, when u look at it that way it truly is art.

You're a fag.

Attached: 1539427543067.jpg (970x600, 295K)

That's literally why it is what it is. You're all just mad it didn't expand the yellow king mythos like one puff your marvel shows would have

season 3 is so horrible it's something i would have written

I just thought it was incredibly boring.

So they killed Harris for absolutely nothing?

Attached: 1478271248498.jpg (696x700, 90K)

So you admit you're a brainlet? Thank you user that's all I ever wanted

It was a disappointment for sure.
It was not as bad as season 2, but season 1 is still far and away the absolute best and 3 doesn't even come close.

Why am I a brainlet for thinking it's boring.

Well he tried to grab the gun so fuck him.

Huh?

He killed both Lucy & Tom

It's true. It's his wife hallucination ghost who solves the case and tells it to Hayes.

He killed Tom. Fuck him.

>It was not as bad as season 2
S2 is heaps above this piece of shit.

I disagree, I say season 2 and 3 area almost the same quality but season 3 pulls just slightly ahead for having good early episodes.
Season 2 was also garbage, season 3 is too. But they're garbage for different reasons and feel like very different shows.

>kills an innocent man looking for his daughter
>tries to kill Hays
Fuck him.

This season had bad pacing and a bad finale, season 2 was bad everything, despite whatever you want to meme.

>Mommy, it's a dirty old nigger!

How did Pizza get away with this?

Attached: Lucy.webm (924x720, 2.35M)

pizza sucks ass at writing

What was the song that was playing during the bar scene when Roland starts that fight

Season 2 was actually retarded. Season 3 is just nothing.
It constantly tells you that it's going to be something, just wait. But it just doesn't happen.

>woman pushes boy over
>omg he died
fuck off with this retarded trope have her go nuts and drown him or some shit but fuck people dont just accidentally die because you knocked them down

>Good things about this episode
Gay Roland posters btfo.
>Bad
The rest.

She was an insert for all the faggots who kept trying to draw conspiracy shit and grand happenings from fairly mundane things.

How did this go over people's heads?

>slaps someone in the back of the head
> they instantly go unconscious

>Brilliant, now if you can summarize that in one sentence, why have 8+hours of contrived horseshit across multiple timelines, red herrings, useless so-called character development amount to emotional spewing in a bar, and dead-end plotpoints?

This is the most retarded post i've read in Yea Forums history and that's saying something.

Most stories can have their message boiled down to a couple sentences, just because it's possible doesn't mean it's bad

has it been mentioned already that Purple Hays released a couple rap albums 10 years ago?

discogs.com/artist/1501470-Prince-Ali-4
youtube.com/watch?v=YfsBdmlzwUo
youtube.com/watch?v=c53CbxdVuoo

Attached: prince-ali.jpg (471x581, 138K)

harsh, he writes some great dialogue
this season though the structure is weak and the plot is threadbare

According to my subtitles it was "Country Music Playing"

Not bad

> it's boring because it's about life and not epic good guys vs bad guys
That makes you a brainlet user I'm sorry

You’re right, but come on. The show was boring. I’ve got no problem with a slow burn show but the conclusion was not satisfying at all. Exposition dump man will probably become a meme.
>it’s not about the crime, it’s a character study
Ok, but all the characters except Roland and Tom are unlikeable. I could not care less about Amelia and Hayes fighting for 15 minutes every episode. The case was dull and so were the characters, and the red herrings were ridiculous. Pizzaman knew what fans wanted, points it out, then “subverts expectations” with the most pedestrian conclusion possible. Really really bad.

problem is its not about enough life to make up 8 hours, the dynamic between hayes and his wife is played out by episode 3, and beyond them no other characters are really fleshed out

Pizza doesn't write good dialogue. He thinks grotesque imagery is witty (bleed black cock, I know brothers inside who will tear your guts out fucking you stupid). It's pretty juvenile, judging from the inside episode interviews his iq no higher than 105.

>It's bad because it's a metaphor for life and therefore it's good.
yeah nah
Pizza is the man that gave us vinceposting.

+1

The guy who writes dozens of red herrings into his show shouldn't be criticizing his audience for looking in the wrong place

Attached: 1.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

Its kinda about futility isn't
Like a Film Noir or Hardboiled detective story almost
Gosh what a coincidence that something called True Detective would adopt such characteristics

Why is she named Lucy? I thought Julie forgot her parents?

Its not a ghost its his own subconscious you moron, but she always was the better detective of cours

All hail The Forse king.

>Its kinda about futility isn't
No. How could you watch 3 seasons of this show and miss the one common theme that Pizza beats his audience over the head with.

Hm that's not my problem. My problem is there was too much telling and too little showing in the last episode. And desu the story is just not that interesting.

Roland was pretty fleshed out. I liked him and his story. If you just thought the story was too thin fine but it seems to me that most of the people complaining are just going
>b-but muh yella kang! muh lovecraft!
>how is this about (((them)))? It was supposed to be about (((them)))!!!

That quote has a double meaning: they are giving aid to the lost by faking the death

A true detective season filled with red herrings and a shitty resolution?
What?!
This never happened before!
I'm so glad the show didn't get cancelled as planned and we got to see Pizza's genius shine once more

pottery

She exists as an authors comment on the audience of True Detective over analysing things and drawing conclusions that aren't there
He doesn't write red herrings in

the ardoin kid probably remembered

Fuck Ni66ers and fuck TD

Is that all you burgers think about?

>I can use this scorecard to determine how triggered I am

but... this WAS a massive criminal conspiracy, one that included corporations and police departments indulging in kidnapping, murder, framing, and numerous cover-ups

Attached: 2.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

Season 4 will be good though, they just have to tweak it a little bit, they're getting there

>implying the last half of s01 and especially the ending wasn't pure shlock

My biggest complaint is the exact opposite, it plays out like a soap opera where everything gets tied up with a nice little bow on it. It leaves the viewer with zero questions, the reason I watch true detective instead of run of the mill procedurals or sherlock or other garbage, is because I want something that leaves me feeling morbid and unsettling. What this delivers is a story so banal and contrived that it is IMPLAUSIBLE. Season 1 left me with questions, say what you will about season 2, but it also left me with questions. Season 3 just leaves me with a bad aftertaste.

The board is just full of idiots who watched season one and their only take away was
> based Pizza exposing the Jews!!!
That's what they really believe the series is about and that's why they get mad when it does anything else.

I guess it just shows you how much of a disconnect there can be between an artist and their audience, I don't think pizza ever thought of this as a series about conspiracies but his audience sure did.

I'm trying really hard to like it but that exposition scene was so fucking bullshit bros. I can't overlook something that cheap.

Attached: 14939065729790.jpg (500x326, 17K)

You aren't allowed to say this is bad because the main character is black, you are all a bunch of racists

>He doesn't write red herrings in

There was heaps, you idiot

really goes to show how utterly brainwashed people are to prefer season 3 over season 2

t. fat biker

season finale was comfykino post-reveal. roland offering to stay over and check on purple hays a couple of times a week was so cute

There are literal conspiracies in all three seasons that are central to the plot.

I agree S1 didn't go far enough exposing (((them))) but you can't deny it woke up some normies?

it's boring because nothing interesting happens. people had the case figured out weeks ago. the finale was how to tie up loose ends in the most boring way while filling up the rest of the time with mundane drama about hays family.

>I want something that leaves me feeling morbid and unsettling
the decade-long pile-up of dead and broken people that was a consequence of a botched kidnapping and subsequent cover-up initiated by wealthy scumbags to soothe a mentally ill woman isn't morbid enough?
how jaded are you dude

Not really
Harris killed the mother, uncle, and father
Harris planted the evidence

Hoyt simply made sure an opportunistic DA got helped along with the conclusions he had already formed

always blacks in this now? MM needs to return. that's what fans want

Attached: 3.webm (1280x720, 2.75M)

Are chicken barons really that powerful in America ? Even feds bowed to Hoyt.

You wanted abiguity?
Hoyt and his daughter are dead, there was no vast conspiracy, we learn what happened to Julie, and Wayne and Roland drink ice tea on the porch
Thats the best ending these people can get
There is no such thing as closure
>morbid and unsettling
Justice is not served
Wayne and Roland believe they failed the girl
Wayne is a prisoner of his own biases and self doubt
And now wont remember solving the case
Thats pretty fucking bleak

No there wasn't that's just morons convincing themselves of things not there
>the grandfather did it
>> based Pizza exposing the Jews!!!
I honestly think True Detective is the origin of pizzagate and Qanon

based purple hays jr. selling out julie to his infowars gf and having her exposing the woman who survived and just wants a quiet life for herself and her family

He kept the note

did not watch season 3 ,

Did they explain what "Rust" Cohle was shooting at with the AK t in Season 1 ?

There are conspiracies =/= it's about conspiracies

People want the series to expand on the yellow king cult like it's some kind of cinematic universe or they want each season to be based on a different real world conspiracy they can draw parallels with to validate their own views.

If its big enough and he has enough money
North Carolina is ruled by a fucking Dollar Store magnate

Attached: art pope.jpg (584x448, 32K)

pretty sure he broke that off

>People want the series to expand on the yellow king cult like it's some kind of cinematic universe

I personally only wanted this season to not be complete meaningless slog

> they can draw parallels with to validate their own views
Yes, see

>breaking up with sarah gadon aka the most beautiful lady on the planet
the BALLS on this kid

This is a pretty Film Noir/Hardboiled ending which is often about the futility and meaningless of life and trying to find some small comfort in it

i thought this was great tv show to watch. way better than the shitshow that was season 2 but not as good as season 1.

I was looking forward to a giant conspiracy involving Hoyt and the DA.
Instead I got jack shit, thanks Pizzacola.

he's pure kino

While mental illness can be morbid and unsettling, the film has her mental illness explained away in a 4 minute scene by the cyclops, we also knew it was coming from episode 3 due to the leaks and it was presented in a way that felt very underwhelming, they could have worked with it to make it more unsettling possibly, but these are all smaller bits of a bigger problem. Nic is a hack who fails to end stories in a way that lingers, Season 1's ending with the wheelchair was at least better because it leaves the viewer with questions about Tuttle etc, stuff to contemplate.

Bleak and unsettling are different things, first of all it's debatable whether the loss of his memories is bleak, he won't really know he lost them. But again what made season 1 linger, stick to me, wasn't what was explicit, it was what was implicit. It was knowing that Rust and Marty only scratched the surface, that there were things about the case we would never know. That kind of feeling lingers with you. What season 3 is, is a soap opera that presents a banal series of events using fragmented memories to give those series of events the illusion of depth. If it was an episode of Law and Order I wouldn't be complaining so much, but the whole point is that True Detective was the only show providing that 'sense of dread' unsolvable mystery vibe, so to see them sell out for a Gone baby gone redux is sad.

I did not watch this season as I am too busy.

Question:
Did they explain what Rust was shooting at with the AK in Season 1 ?

Attached: rust_machinegun_0.gif (400x223, 1.52M)

CUUUTE

>North Carolina is ruled by a fucking Dollar Store magnate
Is (((he))) pedo too user?

my thoughts
>critique on society obsessed with murder mysteries/pedo cult conspiracies and blaming people without proof based on biased opinions
>entire season is a red herring and they try to pull of an anticlimactic ending
>no baddie, everyone had good intentions and the case went problematic because of human error+political interest+racists+brain fog
>while interesting, anticlimactic ending doesnt work and feels frustrating because for 7 episode we've been conditioned to expect something bigger
>badly resolved in 2 long ass boring expository scenes(one eyes negro & ghost amelia solve the entire thing)
>main protags just watches and doesnt do shit
>the peep hole wasnt explained still makes no fucking sense that they'd send notes thru there instead of below the door
>plot twist was good but this feels like something made for my mother to chill thru and feel contempt in the end everyone had good intentions

Attached: yhivi y yt (2).jpg (600x800, 78K)

>I want a huge conspiracy I can point to as proof on my Qanon forum
The DA is an opportunistic ass who saw a chance to showboat
Hoyt saw this man and the direction he was leading the investigation and simply contributed to his election campaign to help him along as it would equally benefit him

Pretty weak final episode, it wasn't a bad season overall, I didn't care for a grand conspiracy since that would be aping season 1, but it had to much modern family drama. It was pretty weak as a neo--noir drama in that regard.

This just showed how much of a hack Pizzaboi is. Give me back my 8 hours.

Attached: FB4EC75C-AB91-4A7A-A305-01B6AF513BA9.jpg (436x536, 51K)

aiming @ pizzalotte + HBO to prevent the making of more seasons

unironically based

Attached: DT7kZRG.jpg (1334x750, 270K)

> first of all it's debatable whether the loss of his memories is bleak, he won't really know he lost them.
he thinks he failed and didn't solve the case and the girl died
plenty is implied here
>soap opera
Martys family life isn't soap opera?
You could cut that and it wouldn't do anything to the story
Same with Rrust crying "muh daughter abloobloobloo"
>banal series of events
You mean the detectives inadaqueices and the breakdown of a community?
>(((he)))
He's not Jewish
>pedo?
Worse, lolbertarian & Koch cronie

S1 > Broadchurch > S3 > S2

Attached: MV5BMjE4OTAwNTczOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTM0OTY2NDE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1444,1000_AL_.jpg (1444x1000, 204K)

Already knew most of Rust's dialog was stolen from Ligoti
now also starting to believe what's said about pizzalotte stealing the script from S1 from one of his students and just running with it
no way this is the same guy who made that season

Attached: ligg_pizz.jpg (645x450, 187K)

Pretty good but you do mess some things up
>red herring
No its not there are no red herrings
>conditioned to expect something bigger
No we havent that is peoples own expectations they bring to it
It is very clear this is a smaller quieter mystery
>ghost
"she" is Waynes subconscious
>peep hole
what?

Biggest problem with this show besides not topping first season is that since Weinstein, Comet Pizza scandal, Epstein, Louis CK, Jared Fogel and Kevin Spacey, it's very hard to make a crime ring bigger and crazier. There's no where for the show to go, and actresses won't do sex scenes like in first season now that Me Too happened.

Rust is supposed to be an edgelord being deliberately pessimistic

Attached: 4.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

nothing on that list is connected to one another
two of them aren't even crimes there is no comet pizza scandal and CK exposed himself to adults

Sure? He definitely has Jewish physiognomy. Possibly cypto.

Rust's dialogue is pretty cringe and lines up with what you get from characters in other seasons. I think S2 and S3 confirm that the combo of Fukunaga and the two leads carried a weak writer in S1.
And it's lifted directly from Thomas Ligotti

Well fuck the dead boy I guess, he's not a cute girl

Wait there was 2 One eyed black men?

Or did they have the right man from the start when they went to that trailer park?

> it takes Hayes his entire life to find out that he pushed away his family and best friend, and killed a man, chasing after a girl who was ultimately fine anyways and at this point he may not even remember that he learned that, he may wake up tomorrow thinking he needs to find her again

That's not unsettling? That's tied up with a neat bow?

fucking lol, excellent post

Hi Nick

No he doesn't.
Trailer park man was an innocent man they picked on after having the worst idea ever "lets just go asking around for black men with one eye"

What was with the last shot of Hayes in Vietnam?

Does anyone have crime/mistery film recommendations that don't fall apart at the end?

It's really depressing to think that Julie's cute little daughter has aids

Attached: 5.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

>red herring
the hole in the kids room is a red herring cause at first it points out to someone in the familt being a pedo
The girl at the church amelia visits talking about "what's done to girls around here" points at a pedo ring
amelia being excellent at creating narratives, playing characters, being a teacher and being into hays just for the case could be red as her being an insider and the one who played dnd with the kids
Constantly pointing at the "real father" of the girl being the problem, either someone from hoyt or the uncle when in reality they played little into the case
harris not telling them shit making it seem like he was in HUGE danger, to the point of loosing his life. Next day hoyt shows up and its all solves with a walk and talk
>conditioned to expect something bigger
some reasons explaiend above
but yeah part of it is out expectation based on s1
>peep hole
the hole in the kids room
no sense to me why the kids themselves would take the time to put a hole in the wall to send messages
instead of just talking thru it or passing them under the door

Yhivi is such a slut

Attached: preview.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

>Quote
Google

Broadchurch but it's a series and more light

>nothing on that list is connected to one another
PedoWood is the unifying theory of our era. Oh you think Bryan Singer wasn't at the Oscars because he was under the weather? He ran a child ring with Kevin Spacey during Usual Suspects. The writer and autueur behind True Detective is nicknamed what? Pizza, because the last two seasons foreshadowed Pizzagate, which stretches from DC to the South to PedoWood. And into London, Jimmy Saville. Louis CK made a movie with Chloe about pimping his underage daughter to a celebrity. It was never released. Too close to home. It's not True Detective's fault that it predicted what was going on, and he was inspired by Franklin Scandal, Bohemian Grove (Johnny Gosch unsolved murder, Gannon man servant for Bush dynasty), and Conspiracy of Silence. Try reading Behold a Pale Horse if you want the whole redpill but you're better off staying asleep, ignorance is bliss.

Attached: 1550813492870.gif (420x391, 3.96M)

Attached: Yhivi-GiF-24.gif (405x224, 1.05M)

The Maltese Falcon
Farewell, My Lovely
Chinatown
Night Moves
LA Confidential

fucking based

This, S2 was shit

RFLOL

Attached: girl.jpg (201x300, 43K)

Hoyt's daughter and virtuous black man who didn't do Nuffin were the ghost trick or treaters who took the kids out for Halloween?

Attached: Ivy Dubreuil.jpg (1080x1080, 138K)

I'd pay $3000 to do that to her.

Mfw True Peaks The Return is True Detective Season Two and a Prequel.

None of it happened. Hays and Amelia actually broke up in the 80s and Hays has suffered from dementia and delusions ever since.

whats a snowglobe story

Little girl reminds me of Laura Trott.

Attached: laura-trott_2409710b.jpg (620x387, 44K)

Where was he in the last scene in the woods? Was that were they buried that guy.

He saw Hays, who was lost in the eternal jungle like we saw in the final shot of season 3!

Wakanda formerly Congo

brainlet here, barely understood anything

Was there no conspiracy then? Why get Hoyt involved at all?
Who killed the boy and why?
If there's no secret pedo ring, what the fuck was the girl doing in the pink room?
Who was stalking old black True Detective?
Was the little girl the blonde woman at the and?

And most of all, was the fucking police right all along, was Hays a fucking idiot for thinking it was more than what it was?

Why didn't anyone at the company picnic who witnessed Isabel Hoyt fawning over Julie Purcell report it to the police when she went missing?

yeah it sucked, but not because they didn't save anyone or kill a bad guy (failure can be interesting) but because the finale was 1hr15 minutes even though they could have gotten to the bottom of the mystery and finished the show easily within 50 minutes.

the last 25 minutes was just them treading water.

also because the mystery reveal was lame as fuck.
so this millionaire sent hired killers to murder a mother, father and cousin just so that his daughter could play with a little girl? that's such a gay, lame idea.

the final episode was a complete turd. there was basically nothing left and it just padded it out and treaded water even though they had no material left to justify another hour.

Which team of writers thought it was acceptable to structure a tv show and leave almost nothing interesting or tense for the last episode?

>talking thru it
All the notes seemed to be supportive, stuff like "I'm here" and "don't worry" so presumably the mother was an abusive drunk and she and the father had arguments constantly maybe

You clearly didn't even watch the finale.

Hoyt's involved because his daughter and employee abducted Julie

Isabel Hoyt accidently killed the boy

The pink room was Julie's bedroom in the Hoyt mansion where she was kept

One eyed black man who helped abduct the children

Yes, Julie Purcell lived and gave birth to a cutie

>Who killed the boy and why?
>Who was stalking old black True Detective?
>Was the little girl the blonde woman at the and?

Attached: 1549768529705.jpg (280x268, 29K)

Attached: 6.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

So basically nothing happened and they used dementia as a narrative tool to pretend something interesting was going on

How many years did Pizza spend writing this?

also

If the one eyed man has been waiting all this time to be punished why didn't he just solve the case back in the 90s?

you are on of those guys who think's they are way smarter than they really are.
Instead of getting pissed and responding, how about you go accomplish something substantial in real life?

LOL PIZZALATTE IS A FUCKING HACK

There was a conspiracy but not a pedo ring.

Hoyts daughter went crazy after losing her own daughter, she thought Julie was her dead daughter and wanted to take her home. She killed the brother when he tried to stop her taking his sister.

It was a conspiracy but hoyt was just covering for his crazy kid not pedo shit

#projecting

Attached: rw.jpg (1370x2048, 709K)

Its not a red herring
They just misunderstand it
Because they're not very good detectives
Bit of a theme this season if you hadn't noticed

She refers to abuse and drugs

People concocted in their head elaborate theories about Amelia
She is creative and more intelligent, nothing more to that
You deluded yourselves and then cry red herring when proved wrong lol
Nobody ever said nor did anything suggest she played DnD either

They didn't point any real father, that was a girls confused phone call, whats the red herring?
How much of this shit are you just making up on the spot right now?

Harris was in danger and afraid Hoyt was powerful where is the red herring here?
He didn't try to get himself killed he was trying to escape and both he and they misjudged
Because again they aren't very good detectives

Its not solved, Hayes doesn't know whats happened and he has been firmly warned off the case

>same reasons explained above
No, that's you seeing shit not there, think Amelia is in on it is a perfect example
>oh this character is prominent, well gosh that's suspicious!

>no sense to me why the kids themselves would take the time to put a hole in the wall to send messages
Because the parents were always fighting
>instead of just talking thru
see above
>or passing them under the door
there was no door between the bedrooms
So now a red herring is just whatever your television addled mind cant figure out

What was this fuck's problem at this point in the story?
It's '90, right? Was he upset about fucking up the investigation permanently?

She's much cheaper. You know they turn tricks, right?

bravo pizzaman!
looks like my expectations were truly subverted

he keeled a man.

He wasn't at the Oscars because he finally burnt his last bridge with his antics on the set of Bohemian Rhapsody plus there are renewed allegations against him (how does that keep happening if there is such a vast and powerful conspiracy backing him up)
>The writer and autueur behind True Detective is nicknamed what? Pizza, because the last two seasons foreshadowed Pizzagate
"""evidence""" ladies & gentlemen

What exactly did Hays do that was so wrong? The moral of the story doesn't line up with the protag's supposed moral failings.

>Yes, Julie Purcell lived and gave birth to a cutie
But the little girl calls her ma'am, not mom.

Why?

Pizza and Rian Johnson team up when?

>how
also, anyone who types out fucking paragraphs on the internet about how shit something is, has not accomplished anything. You make no money, have not competed in any sport and succeed, are not in shape. etc, etc
if you did, you just wouldn't do this.
look at all that shit you wrote

Where did yall watch it, i dont want to get busted for dowloading it and ive been searching for it the whole fucking day, im literally desperate enough to ask you guys

>>the peep hole wasnt explained still makes no fucking sense that they'd send notes thru there instead of below the door

They'd have to come out of their room to slip a note below the door.

I'm not sure how I managed the whole Hoyt's daughter killing the little boy thing.

Doesn't even ring a bell, admittedly I was browsing while watching most of this season. Still disappointing compared to what we had in S1, with good ass detectives being good detectives. This time around it's one fuckup after the other.

you are going deaf

he said the truth about attractive women being birds who shit on everyone.

>get busted for downloading

Attached: x9tsw5w60r511.png (741x568, 29K)

Oh shit bros user just blew the whole thing wide open! That's not her kid! Julie is actually a handler now and part of the cult! I knew it! I knew it had to be about a cult! Based pizzaman does it again! My world view feels so validated!

I figured the boy either died in an accident or the daughter had some sort of episode and freaked out on him
>Still disappointing compared to what we had in S1, with good ass detectives being good detectives.
its not season 1

>no wife
>no kids
>no old friends
:'(

>The writer and autueur behind True Detective is nicknamed what? Pizza, because the last two seasons foreshadowed Pizzagate
You're literally a 60 year old boomer sharing memes on facebook
>This time around it's one fuckup after the other.
Do you think that might be the point

black true detective killed a bunch in 'nam, you don't see him crying and jacking off the iron crusaders

Explain further, like I'm a retard with severe autism that can't understand why children in an abusive household would not leave their rooms to pass messages. Using a peephole to pass messages defies facts and logic.

why are you pretending to psychoanylize people to defend this boring shit show?
did you really enjoy it?

>Bryan Singer wasn't at the Oscars because he finally burnt his last bridge with his antics on the set of Bohemian Rhapsody plus there are renewed allegations against him

Get a creamy load of this shill. How does Singer keep getting away with it? He's protected by David Geffen, head of the Gay Hebrew Mafia. He literally kept child actor Brad Renfro as a slave. Watch Open Secret, the documentary Geffen tried to buy and bury. Why do allegations keep coming about Singer? Oh I dunno user, maybe because if your CHILD was abducted by a major director, you'd dedicate your life to justice. HBO didn't know how true True Detective was. So now they just give writer a lot of money and say stay away from certain (((topics))). Lived in Burbank all my life.

>Julie Purcell finds a lost Wayne Hays
>series ends with Hays disappearing into the jungle of his own memory

Best ending.

He was back in Nam. I took it to mean that was him dying, going into the dark. The song playing at the end was a funeral dirge as well.

That's the thinking of these people crying conspiracy and red herring, if anything is not explicitly stated and their nose rubbed into it they cant exercise some common sense or think things through so its too complex for them and must be a conspiracy or red herring

wow truly deep. gonna go reevaluate my entire life now.

>get a creamy load of this shill Hollywood wouldn't care about a director being absent from a set and fighting with the talent endangering the whole production
>lol what do you think this is, some sort of business?

no she does call her ma'am.

It's even the subtitles. Listen to it again. And fuck off with the pedoring, I'm just saying she's not her daughter but maybe she's running like daycare or some shit who knows.

I did. I liked the characters. It's not as good as season 1 I admit but it was by no means bad. also I just like shitposting

>How does Singer keep getting away with it?
Read up on how he got Bohemian Rhapsody, the studios only concerns was his history of absenteeism and fighting with cast, as far as they were concerned the previous allegations had been thrown out of court and he was innocent
Their concern was with what was PROVABLE and what would COST THEM MONEY

Because imagine you have drunkard mother/father who sit in the living room drinking and you as little kid come out of the room potentially draw attention from them and get abused while, while kids communicate trough that peephole in their rooms without coming out to face their drunk parents who if obviously are very drunk would probably yell on them or abuse them for whatever reason if they're shitfaced.

>Mahershala Ali says the conclusion to the mesmerizing crime saga is ‘out of this world’
Ahahahahaha

get fucked

Attached: ooooooooooooo.png (247x248, 99K)

>series starts with Purcel's losing their kids
>series ends with viewers losing their time

Pure kino

They're in the south user I think it's just part of the dialect I've heard it before.

What did the last scene mean? Was this some Jacob's Ladder shit? Is he still in Nam?

kek

It wasn't actually Julie. Hays just decided it was so that he could have a happy ending.

IT'S MA'AM

Ali said that the script for this episode is some of the best television he had ever read.

Youre dumb. Pizza is definitely aware of how ridiculous those lines are otherwise he wouldn't have Roland chime in.

Attached: TAKE YOUR FUCKING AUTISM MEDICATION.jpg (1920x1040, 220K)

S1 > S3 > dogshit > S2

And it was. Not being S1 good doesn't make it trash. This was still better than most shit I've seen.

yes. it was all just a fleeting thought. nothing exists except empty space and you, and you are but a thought.

>he just coincidentally stumbled across the kid from the neighbourhood that had a crush on Julie

But everything that she said was reasonable
-she and her team uncovered several instances of the police investigation being tampered with that Hays wasn't even aware of
-she found out that the cousin of the mother of the abducted kids had been killed
-she correctly deduced that the parents of the abducted kids had been killed and one of the police involved in the investigation
-she correctly inferred that the one eyed black man and his white female companion, which she found out had been partially scrubbed from police reports, were the real perpetrators, not her father
basically the only thing she said that was wrong was that it might be linked to the Season 1 murder cult.

Even if Hoyt didn't abduct a child for pedophilic purposes, he still abducted a child, had 3 people murdered and corrupted the police and justice system using his power and influence and the blonde lady correctly wanted to bring that to light.

Like I said above, I took it to mean he died in the present and he just never really left the jungle, but it's definitely a Jacob's Ladder/Deer Hunter shout out if I've ever seen one.

It meant Hays succumbing to dementia losing his shit, hence disappearing into jungle symbolising losing his mind. Near the end you can see when he drives to Julie's place he has his alzheimer episode again he forgot what he was doing there and got lost and had to call his son pick him up.

Attached: 7.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

Do you notice how Roland commented on those lines?
As if highlighting their absurd over the top nature?

You"re a True Retard.

The ending was good, give Yea Forums a couple weeks to think about it and they'll accept it too.

>didn't use Purple Haze song at all

What was the point? Would have been a more kino ending, cowards.

glad I never started watching s3. if you enjoyed this you probably love cuck porn

"Wayne struggles to hold on to his memories, and his grip on reality, as the truth behind the Purcell case is finally revealed"

Synopsis of episode.

I guess you like being spoonfed exposition disguised as narrative. Not for me personally

Based and redpilled

Did we ever find out how the wife died?

people's main problem is that it was boring. it's not like you're going to think back and go wow I wasn't actually bored.

He's someone who carries all his burdens with him all the time, he thinks he has to and he thinks it makes him some sort of hero. But really it hurts the people around him and he's a selfish dick. The nam flash back was just to show that he's still carrying that stuff too. Remember how he'd never talk about it? He fucked up his own life for no reason carrying all this stuff around while pushing away the people who wanted to help him

At last, I have become the True Detective

It's more about whole thing not being good. Ending is nothing too outstanding, it just doesn't redeem anything that leads to it

Hoyt killed her in retaliation for the murder of his daughter.

unironically could someone do this for real

Why was Will going crazy at the other kids trying to find his sister in the dark when he was clearly killed during daylight & he knew he was playing hide & seek?

What the actual fuck?!

The only things I had a problem with were cyclops exposition dump and every scene involving Amelia.

Fuck dudes the 'mixed race couple' dressed as ghosts were mr june and isobel

This season was chimera ant arc of HxH without the good ending.

Attached: 1547855108508.png (689x390, 81K)

>but the show anyway had to shove it down my throat, and by the way done it in the most stupid fucking way imaginable, with book falling down and opening on just the right page.
Yeah and the following exposition.

When Ameliaghost says "maybe its a story worth telling, maybe its a story worth listening to" that was pizzaman talking to an audience he knew would be disappointed

Ending should have been the son putting the piece of paper with the address untop of a pile of the same address and paper.

Its not reasonable
Its just random factoids
That she insists on drawing together because of her feels
>she correctly deduced the dead parents were dead
fucking genius

When you make a lot of wild guesses some might turn out to be not far from the truth
That doesn't mean you're onto something
That means a broken clock is right twice a day

She 'inferred' about the dude because that was in Amelias book and she got that from Hayes and it was his theory in 1980
So that's not her inference at all

She was insisting on fitting it into a satanic abuse cult and paedophilia when no such thing occurred
And drawing on anything remotely like that as "evidence" to say "see that happened so this must too"

uhhhhhhhhhh unreliable narrator

Pizza on instagram said she died in her sleep peacefully in 2013, it was cut out of finale, but will show on DVD extras if it comes out.

lmao

this would be cool

>Fuck dudes the 'mixed race couple' dressed as ghosts were mr june and isobel

Lads we got a True Detective in here.

Attached: de.jpg (550x543, 30K)

It is said in the first season
She died of cancer several years before 2015
>Yea Forums cant pay attention
>Yea Forums cant hear dialogue
>Yea Forums makes up wild shit and blames the show when they're proved wrong

Did a single thing happen in the finale?

This, Roland's whole problem was that he has literally nothing because of Hays. That scene in 1980 when Hays gets demoted is the saddest thing in the whole season.

>people remembering names of random encounter people from 20 years ago
yeah sure

You know it's pretty shit when even the reddit page is shitting on it, I liked this season, but that finale just makes me appreciate S2 abit more, and show how much of a fluke S1 was.

Reaction image

purcel kids go missing. maybe it is bad neighbourhood kids, maybe it is weird indian man. boy is found dead. it's not indian man or bad kids. indian man goes on a rampage because of racism. it is all pinned on him. skip 10 years. police figures it wasn't him because they find fingerprint of missing girl. girl makes a phonecall saying her dad is not her real dad. police thinks her dad did it. her dad gets sad and goes to big manor with a basement featuring a big pink room. he killed and it is pinned on him. skip 10 years. black detective has alzheimers. turns out nothing happened and it was all a big misunderstanding. black detectives forgets the whole thing because he has alzheimers. the end.

Sorry I didn't remember a minor thing in the first episode after the last episode was so fucking stupid.

they found the dog Jesse ran over, he's with Roland now

Maybe you should go back there

hmm pretty much nothing. This proves season 3 is kino

Yes exactly.

upboaeted my good sirs, that will show those evil racists /pol/tards, very epic xdxd

Yes Yea Forums incels get massively triggered

not with season 1 you brainlet

I thought it was a OK finale, for sure not one of the best episodes of the season. The episode lost momentum a little bit which was disappointing but overall the season was good, much better than S2. What eventually happened between Hays and his wife? Did she die or leave him? I obviously missed it.

Attached: 1544549697515.jpg (1024x670, 238K)

>S1
>Daddario's glorious mammarios
>Monaghan's plump ass
>Lili's round ass and perky titties

Yet in S3 we never even saw Sarah Gadon in her underwear. Pointless season.

>>critique on society obsessed with murder mysteries/pedo cult conspiracies and blaming people without proof based on biased opinions
Yet hinting at their existence the entire time. So it's like me making a space opera that never deliver its basic premises because it's about my critique of people wanting to see aliens and spaceships.

Only if you do.

The best part of s3 was the hayes and 40 vietcong bottle episode.

It is implied that Roland shot her.

>her dad gets sad and goes to big manor with a basement featuring a big pink room. he killed and it is pinned on him.

Nigga what, her dad overheard cops in the station talking that O'Brien might have info, then he went out to find him and O'Brien says Hoyt's name he goes to Hoyt's mansion finds Pink Room, and Harris probably kills him and then dumps his body with a letter with cut out letters from journal printed can't remember or some shit not hand written.

are you retarded

she died in 2013 but Hays still can't remember her.

yes I paraphrased it, but that is pretty much the exact turn of events.

BROS I just kept waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for something to happen but nothing did.
Why?

Attached: 1535225181137.jpg (351x356, 14K)

Good job that book opened on that one specific page and the only eye witness sat outside Hayes house every night or that finale would've been pretty underwhelming with the 10 minute Amelia funeral.

what?

Sounds like kino to me

>making a space opera that never deliver its basic premises because it's about my critique of people wanting to see aliens and spaceships.
based.

I hope it's dark as fuck but not cringy and forced like S2 ending

You just don't appreciate marital-problems kino when you see it.

I really don't understand how you can't grasp why the peephole is a better option then having to leave the fucking room, enter the hallway, go up to the door and slip the paper underneath

>8 hours show
>more than half of it are red herrings and heavy atmosphere building up to nothing at all
>omg it's so clever, he's playing with our expectations, he made us want a grand conspiracy or interesting events but showed us the boring reality instead, it's like at the end, WE are the true detectives
why are fanboys like this

Attached: de15df26e9bf61c4f5672a08dc60a50b.jpg (499x481, 28K)

in episoe 7 we see hays asked her if he knows where amelia is, then the show cuts back to 1990 and we see him walking away from hays house holding a gun.

Whats S4 about? All he's gonna do is not shit it on the last episode and get a good director in.

I wish I could be easy to please as both of you. I seriously do. Life must be so easier when you're like that.

>I took it to mean that was him dying, going into the dark.

I don't think it has to be as on the nose as that. Works more easily as a metaphor for his illness

If ended with Hayes realizing the landscaper abducted her from the convent and abused her and Hayes was killed going to the house you'd all be saying it was kino

Please visit a psychiatrist user.

You keep trying to defend an artistic production with semantics and cherrypicking. Just because you can draw analogies between aspects of season 1 and season 3 does not redeem the overall atmosphere season 3 left me with vs season 1. The fact is that for a lot of people, besides the arguably shallow philosophical ramblings of Rust, the things that most people really felt made S01 standout where the striking visuals and cinematography, and the disturbing nature of the mystery. What made it stand out from the likes of other detective shows/films was this uneasy feeling that lingers after it's over that there is something we will never fully understand or know. I don't want to use words like lovecraftian because they've been meme'd to death, my point is what was refreshing was the distinct LACK of closure. After S01 ended I felt like there was a lot we would never really know about what happened etc. It's disappointing to then watch S03 which captures the visual atmosphere and the excellent acting, but falls completely flat on delivering a real sense of dread. Yes it's sad what happened, but it's pretty run of the mill stuff, you can watch Cold Case and get a similar story, or any of a hundred other police dramas. True Detective doesn't stand out because of it's use of multiple timelines or because it had a story, the niche it filled was this overarching sense of mystery that lingers long after you stop watching.

This felt like an episode of Cold Case wearing True Detective make-up, and I honestly can't imagine anyone praising it beyond the absolute most simple of people who will like anything that has character drama in it.

>punish meee

BRAVO

I thought when Hays was giving his speech about Amelia being a bitch "finally something happens, maybe the spirit of alzheimer hays travelled back in time and made hays change his mind", but the the next scene came with Amelia "forgiving" Hays for saying the truth.

what did he mean by that, did he feel guilt or something?

Definite Twin Peaks vibes in this episode

Attached: 250px-TwinPeaks_openingshotcredits.jpg (250x188, 18K)

> wanting the expected pay off from every story somehow makes you hard to please
Yea we can't all have such sophisticated taste you know

Attached: 1.png (1920x1080, 1.91M)

I think it doesn't matter regardless. He's gone now that his duty is done.

>but falls completely flat on delivering a real sense of dread.

At what point in this season did you convince yourself that they wanted you to feel dread?

>five years later
>still mad that cthulhu didn't show up
That must be really hard.

Attached: nolan fincher pizzaman.png (230x328, 11K)

that's right they only wanted you to feel bored. because life is boring. deal with it, incel.

>there are renewed allegations against him (how does that keep happening if there is such a vast and powerful conspiracy backing him up)
Because that's exactly why you would conspire in the first place you fucking idiot.

Attached: finders.jpg (1276x3412, 963K)

>It wasn't my fault I didn't mean it, i-it wasn't my fault

I dunno but it's shit writing either way

What the fuck are you talking about?

"Expected" in the sense that I wanted things like closure, real character development, subplots driven to an interesting conclusion, leads being discussed by the character and either confirmed or dismissed on their own merits instead of just thrown away, and to see the constant heavy atmosphere build-up and cliffhangers leading to something, yes, it does make me harder to please than you. This is all much more difficult to deliver with quality than a quirky playing-with-expectations twist.

im helping you btfo those incels who are mad triggered about this kino finale.

>S01 standout where the striking visuals and cinematography
Ah yes, the greyish-blue shots of a car pulling into diners and the legendary meme shot put in to mask Fukunaga's inability to edit in a compelling and narrative manner.

Personally I thought he had a daddy bdsm link, but that's just a theory...

You guys just don't understand detective kino.

We're supposed to feel like the show has no plot and is going nowhere, this is meant to make us feel the same lack of direction and constant sense of being lost that Hays felt.

The cliffhangers are meant to build up to nothing, because it emulates the frustration of being a real detective: you get up all excited about a clue, but turns out it's just a false lead.

The scenes between Amelia and Hays are meant to be repetitive and annoying, because that's what being stuck in an unhappy marriage is like. They, too, want to "opt out" of fighting each other, but can't seem to stop. It's a cycle.

The show is meant to feel poorly written, because it reflects the improvised nature of most real crimes and their cover-ups, it doesn't all make sense and it's not all planned beforehand.

The several leads and subplots that are simply forgotten about are there for a reason: to make us see the world through Hays' eyes, where he feels like he left everything behind, untouched, unable to investigate it.

It feels "dull" and "boring" because it's trying to show us how obsessed Hays and Amelia have to be to carry through with this investigation for decades.

The solution for the crime is meant to be predictable, because it's teaching us about intuition.

It's all meant to be disappointing and make you feel let down, because that's what life is about.

Pizza is trying to be a fraud, because that's how the protagonists felt when they realized they've failed Julie.

It's a bad show on purpose, because it shows how bad having a purpose can be.

Closure is for babies and there was real character development

we literally see her teaching at a college in 2000

Don't bother user they're just mad they didn't get their yella kang or their pizzagate

>there was no door between the bedrooms
you retard the wall didnt connect the kids bedrooms
it connected a weird locker room with the girls bedroom which is what's weird about it
why would the kid go in the locker bedroom just to send notes in the first place