/tdg/ true detective general

previous

Attached: True.Detective.S03E08.Now.Am.Found.01:15:40.jpg (1920x1080, 522K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QVuBeTpZc-0
youtube.com/watch?v=nHQaCXgw01o
instagram.com/p/BuSld_ngzCg/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pizza is a hack
also sneed

Attached: 1551072628243.jpg (714x979, 91K)

What exactly did caspere know?

god

How did Amelia died

Caption this necessary scene

Attached: [nods in your direction].jpg (1280x720, 345K)

Attached: pick.jpg (870x580, 296K)

>lets stirr some shit up
>proceeds to beat a car with a stick and forgetting the conclusion of the investigation

Was she /blacked/ or not?

Attached: Sarah Gadon True Detective.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

TD Season 4:

Director: Cary Joji Fukunaga
Writer: Team featuring Pizza Man
Leads: Emily Blunt and Brendan Fraser

see

name better theories, for me it's:

Amelia was in on it, the BBC son was also in on it after she told him, Roland gay, Hoyt family were cannibals, the police were in on it, the church was in on it, the journalist is Julie

Why come Hays was in Vietnam in the final scene???

YOUR GOING BACK TO MISSOULA

qt nun

Attached: True.Detective.S03E08.Now.Am.Found.00:59:28.jpg (1920x1080, 374K)

wait a minute

Attached: 1551071992862.png (499x281, 106K)

he died there, everything else was a dream

youtube.com/watch?v=QVuBeTpZc-0

The track in this video used at 5:16 is also the track that plays in this finale at around 1hour and 6 minutes where Hays walks away after drinking the water and waiting at the car

same user that was asking about the hospital tune

Purple killed Julie's father in 'Nam

Attached: 82f084c911f05d4d1067d5a08ffc8bdb.jpg (700x404, 36K)

>Having such pleb-tier friends

Stick to GoT, that's more your tempo.

He never gor out of the jungle

Also hays is what rust was shooting at, haya have timeskip powers and rust and caspere knew that that's why. Rust can create wormholes through time which he tries to shoots timecrime hays, remember when he tried to suck the inbred redneck aristocrat into a wormhole

I think it was implied that throughout his life he was dealing with PTSD from war, and his detective work was how he dealt with it.

WHY THE FUCK DID SHE NEVER SHOW HER TITS?

Attached: carmenejogo1[1].jpg (968x644, 46K)

im glad i am not the only autist who noticed this.

Season 3 was just an excuse to do time is a flat circle again but be less nuanced about it, yet so many people still missed it.

Attached: FcpI.gif (500x220, 911K)

>plagiarized plot for S3 is Sister Act
mitebcool

Attached: heavenly.jpg (758x426, 38K)

>True Detective
>Once again the crucial character was the maintenence man

Green ears and now Mike.

So was the woman with the kid actually the purcell keed or was that just dementia delusions that lead him there?

Did pizzaman just bamboozle us

Now that the dust has settled, I unironically prefer S2 over this.
This season started out very strong, I thought it would even surpass season 1 if it would keep up that quality, but it got worse every episode and the finale was pure dogshit.

The wife was the true detective all along huh

dignity

I dunno, but she was such a shit actress she single-handedly ruined the show.

she was having an affair with wayne's son yes

Sounds like kino.
So it will obviously never happen.

Episodes 1 and 2 were directed by Jeremy Saulnier. It's no accident the show nose-dived afterwards.

original Julie died from aids, the lady at the end was Mary Hoyt who escaped from her mother's insanity

the complete opposite is true she elevated every scene she was in. you just hate women

She was in Alien: Covenant, she can't have that much dignity.

ehhh, this season was a nice ride. the chemistry between the characters was more natural than in season 2. but the writing needs work and fukunaga needs to come back and direct if they want to make a fourth season

Bruh, when we getting a show about these fucking nuns who be sister act-ing the fuck outta runaways huh?

Mike father was green ears, his real name is Mike Childless.
Kaspere knew this.

sad, this confirms pizza is a fraud. s1 was stolen from Thomas Ligotti's book, and detectives were actually detecting interesting stuff.
we won't get any more good TD unless he rips off someone good again.
all you faggots jerking off about relationships and character development are just tryhard wankers.

Attached: ligotti.jpg (333x500, 22K)

>i prefer shit with the works versus the club shit sandwich.
why give a shit at at all. as far as im concerned, everything past episode 5 of the 1st season never happened. why ruin a good thing with shitty memories. also, i am dropping true detective and any other related production as long as pizza has sole creative control.

>their constant arguing about her using him and the case to boost her career
>it was her involvement and book which led him to finally come face to face with the girl he has searched for the past 30 years

roland and wayne had more chemistry than anything did in season 2, that includes the characters to the plot as well as to each other.

Should be named bad detective lmao

>Season 2 was sh-

youtube.com/watch?v=nHQaCXgw01o

the woman was Smee, the kid was Huan Avieu, the the dad was Doctor Pavelier

>s1 was stolen from Thomas Ligotti's book
bro he took like 3 fucking lines of existential thought and thats it
not the fucking plot or anything
just a part of a character trait

the only thing that happened in that episode.
then a crow shooting ray was the only thing to happen in the next episode and three nothing and 4 was a poorly shot nonsensical beaner shootout then the season finally got good.

Attached: 1548271335815.jpg (1701x1023, 120K)

Black tits are generally super gross looking compared to white tits. Can you really imagine her orangutan titties matching up to Dadarrio's titties in season1? I didn't think so.

Most boring 77 minutes of my life.

>you just hate women
Honestly, what is there to like about women? That's right. Nothing.

>she's 45 years old
How can wh*te women even compete?

Attached: carmen-ejogo-2019-hbo-official-golden-globe-awards-after-party-5_thumbnail[1].jpg (558x800, 78K)

with how vague season 3 is, you just know Yea Forums will eat this shit up in a year or two

Agreed

based gay

Attached: pure.jpg (1280x720, 153K)

What was the climax of Season 3? Feel like they forgot to put one in.

Attached: dc567y2-c5236632-994d-471b-9436-754e288f1f13.jpg (400x400, 23K)

Metaphorically, Hays entered the jungle of his mind, either suggesting he's regressed inside himself, succumbing to the dementia, or he's effectively at peace (think back to the hints at Hays loving the war) - he will navigate the condition with ease.

Attached: Ha.png (1168x1008, 878K)

the magical negro narrator explaining the plot in the last 5 minutes is very vague

Watch The Girlfriend Experience season 2, you can experience a flash of nips, my guy.

i meant everything after that dingus

What was the climax of Season 1?

there was none or at least not a traditional one.

>the wife's book falls on the ground and opens to a random page for Hayes to finally connect the dots

Bravo pizzaman

Rust shooting at God

Ohhh i don't know. Maybe rust having a knife fight to the death with the antagonist through a maze infront of an effigy of the cults god?

Marty putting a bullet in Lawnmower Man's melon as he cradled his partner's waning life. You a dumb nigger.

>Purple solves the case
>Goes to meet Julie
>Forgets

user where are the 3000x3000 of her in those heels? You're fucking up big time.

wayne getting closure and finally accepting it

He didn’t forget you dumb cunt. He just realized she moved on and he didn’t want to remind her about childhood trauma.

the irony is that Alzheimers will actually be good for Wayne eventually.

Then he could have just drove off you brainlet.

Gay people love women so much they adopt the same sexual preference as them. Straight men hate women due to how insufferable they have become in the past half century but will still fuck them to make babies.

If that were true, he wouldnt have needed to call his son

Not sure, maybe you can enlighten me?

Attached: carmen-ejogo-feature-1[1].jpg (935x872, 217K)

He remembered after drinking the water.

The show never explained how did Roland survived during the horrible time of AIDS?

instagram.com/p/BuSld_ngzCg/
"nicpizzolatto
@alvarez_82 Lost scenes in having to cut down the finale:
* Amelia and Wayne living their lives in 2013, planning an extended vacation around the world. It culminated in Amelia’s death (peaceful, but sudden, in her sleep). Nothing nefarious, just sad.
* Extended scene with Wayne and his daughter, Becca, indicating what her life is like, that she and Wayne don’t have any problem other than neither of them is good at reaching out (Amelia was the parent who always called every week), and they’ve both been lonely without the other.
Hoping they’re deleted scenes on the DVD. But that’s the answer."

he only remembered while drinking the water.
And he was clearly processing everything while leaning on the car and waiting.
It's also could've been that he remembered who she was but not why he came or where he was. His mind has been established as fucked and in pieces.

Through the power of puppy love

see

Talmbout she done get aids. Like she could fox hunt with, a baseball bat

she was bad though

Kino

damn thought she was 35 or something

Attached: Amelia 1.webm (1000x1000, 2.99M)

>thinking gay men are gay because they admire women and not because they just like to suck cock
>thinking all men are sad and bitter enough to hate all women
kek u okay pal?

Attached: emptylife.jpg (900x506, 308K)

Attached: Amelia 2.webm (900x1000, 2.85M)

kino

Attached: 1551086108304.webm (960x540, 3M)

Roland to Hayes: "Hey man, where you at?"

>when roland hugged the doggie

made the whole season worth it for me

Attached: cc1.jpg (619x453, 47K)

S3 is officially worse than S2,what now?

Attached: 1549860178525.jpg (650x978, 70K)

psychogenic fugue

No, that's just the reactionary baby take

mr purcell had condoms

Attached: condoms.jpg (640x720, 220K)

go back to watching your Transformers movies

S3 > S2 > S1

Attached: 1547507820628.jpg (699x435, 26K)

maybe I shoukda stuck with that black gf

Elaborate on that.

season 3 was eh
but every moment with Roland and Wayne pushed over season 2 with ease.

Season 2 was a lanklet but season 3 was one angry based manlet

Attached: 1551077639179.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

Good stuff user, thank you for sharing. This season was comfy.

This season was dumb af

she was >BORGED

Attached: 1474326179708.png (396x382, 173K)

No.

it has already began.
True detective is just a show were shit like this is gonna happen on this board over and over again.

Attached: 1548722151468.jpg (1024x1024, 111K)

that's friendship right there

/ourguy/

Attached: dfjskhgjdfgh.png (1920x1080, 1.85M)

Someone post Roland and the street dog. Got me in the feels desu.

What's good about it? Maybe Pizza should branch out to writing soaps for Hallmark next. Is that tripe what you expect or want from True Detective?

You can stop samefagging now and explaining your show Pizza, you hack.

I lost my virginity to one. I also got genital warts from her. Pyrrhic victory of sorts.

Attached: 1551081315997.png (1920x1080, 1.53M)

need a webm too

Attached: shoothedog.jpg (800x450, 328K)

white knight

Please explain what sort of finale would satisfy your autism.

Just finished it, it was nice knowing the Purcell family is all in heaven but maybe not all of them. Comfy last scene and song. Gone to search Saint James

how do i become roland?

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.02.24 - 22.43.37.50.png (1920x1080, 2.06M)

Attached: fgjsdfgdfgfd.jpg (1920x2160, 1.18M)

>posts a cartoon pedo reaction image
nope not a man-child at all

so the bad guy was crackhead and crazy white women?

>book falls and literally opens on the right page for Haze to connect the dots
Fucking hack.

What use would that be to an already satisfied shill like yourself? You're going to suck PIzza's cock no matter the criticism leveled at this season that you've already read and ignored. You don't know anything else.

that page was already book marked though?
also season 1 green paint.

This scene was based and redpilled

>Purcell family is all in heaven
mother that sells her daughter
son that peeps on his sister
uncle that fucked his sister
gay father
daughter that renounced her family

all sinners

her acting was great but the writing she got was shit. she was gaslighting Purple in every fucking scene but in the end she wasnt? the fuck

Finale editing sure ain't getting nominated for any emmys, tell you that for free

so many shills for this garbage in this reddit general. hopefully no one falls for Pizzas bullshit again. Maybe he can write fanfics on some shitty subreddit for now on. he got lucky once by ripping books off

Attached: 1530582971950.png (456x429, 48K)

>son that peeps on his sister
what? he used it to pass notes

It's even funnier that Pizza is supposed to come off as passionate rebel struggling against studio meddling when the story came out he wanted a bloated finale, only to deliver this sappy turd.

Bzzzzzzz. Wrong about the peeping. And I'm starting to think she changed her mind about the sale, she didn't OD. But I literally just finished it and man enough to say I don't know if I've got all the pieces

thanks

>dad lusting after based roland like the rest of us
>sinner
pick one

son wasn't peeping on his sister dumbdumb

Attached: KINO.jpg (500x281, 92K)

Controversial but I think the final was the most boring episode in S3. Some good moments though

stop posting then retard

Relationship shit adds depth to a crime show, this is nothing new. It was actually done well in this show because a lot of their issues were related to the case itself. The scene with Hayes and Amelia at the bar after he came back from the meeting in the woods was kino, so was the breakup scene flashback. It adds depth to their characters by exposing features and flaws that tie in to the overall story. Hayes got fucked too many times pleasing his wife so he decided to put his foot down and not share his part in the killing of Harris. I'm not trying to mog you or anything but if you've been in at least one relationship you can relate to that interpersonal drama and developments.

>I'm retard
>Thinks the hole was for peeping
>Thinks Julie willingly renounced her family
Right

After three seasons, safe to say Pizza is at his strongest during first acts. Then it rambles and meanders off. Two pump chump just like his character Rust.

thats not how the disease works. its not some kind of super amnesia.

where do you think you are?

Attached: 1474348346727.jpg (400x341, 87K)

relationships stuff is fine in addition to other plot, but as it stands this detective show is lacking in actual things to fucking detect.
it's fucking dull, season 3 is a failure.

Your high school english teacher taught you that> Show does a better job showing than you describing what the show showed you. Why are redditors so prone to this empty non-behavior then expect like they've said something cogent, original and insightful after hitting the post button? It's like everything is a revelation to them so it must be a revelation to every one else too and get offended when it isn't.

Woah she looks way lighter here, much mid attractive

What I do now bros?

Attached: 14780290708080.jpg (489x423, 42K)

I thought Amelia died in a car accident?

Wait for watchmen

>Your high school english teacher taught you that
Right yet you don't get it. How far did you make it in school?
>Show does a better job showing than you describing what the show showed you
I'm only pointing out the obvious to assist autists like yourself

You just admitted you're only starting to think her OD wasn't Harris suiciding her. You've also watched an exposition dump of a finale then unironically come up with shit like maybe you don't have all the pieces yet. All the pieces of a finished story. Yeah, you're 100% unfit for for film. Stop posting here, we don't need you.

hell yea bro its why im here

Attached: 1548993995513.png (976x527, 36K)

>We
Faggot

why did wayne's son take that piece of paper with julie's address, it seemed really weird to show that in the end

not him but people 'get it'. it's not some deep hard to understand show.
it just sucked.
one hit wonder.

cringe reddit blog

Stick to Yea Forumsee the pieces you're missing might be there.

Lads I was so excited going to bed, just got up and watched it, it hit me when the black man was telling his story, I was devastated how badly this turned out, even the mike detail it should have just been left for the viewer to interpret themselves

would you tv?

Attached: young roland.jpg (400x550, 39K)

thats what ruined the finale for me

How did pizza get away with this?

Attached: Capture.png (1920x1080, 2.74M)

Alright. What’d you like and not like?
I loved the characters. Everyone was well written and either lovable or completely fucking gross. Loved the general idea revolving around Hayes’ mental illness. God damn adored the bro-tier relationship of Hayes and Roland. The general focus on relationships in general was touching and nice. The fucking score was out of this world. T-Bone struck again and I hope we get an official release. Also god damn we got so many amazing shots. As a southerner, it’s cool to see pizza’s familiarity with southern landscape on screen.
Dislikes: over the top red herrings or coincidences. Pizza trying too hard to film a novel rather than a tv show. Rooker not getting nearly enough screen time. Also, NO FUCKING TITTIES! WTF

Attached: 7B3BA0CF-B66D-4E3E-BA32-56FC475CF277.jpg (1440x795, 124K)

Why would she sell the kid and then get killed, detective?

pretty much this.
I give it a 7.
S2 a 6.
S1 a 9.

>Why would a witness to an illegal abduction, accessory to obstruction, conspiracy to child trafficking and who knows what else felonies incriminating the state's resident billionaire be permasilenced when the child she sold off ran away again?

Agreed. The final episode was poetic, however the poetry falls flat without actual substance to the underlying plot.
Watching Mr June explain the blatantly transparent "mystery" was downright laughable, it was like watching an episode of Dora the Explorer when you're older than 5.

Sounds about right. I feel like we got an inverse of S2 with this season. Anticipatory build up with no real solid payoff, vs S2 where the season was all over the place but the final episode made it so motherfucking worth it.

tbf the actual case wasn't the focus as much as wayne finding closure was.
Even the black guy couldn't give him that.

I thought that character was funny: a relatively pointed skewering of sheltered white kids trying to do good without even understanding what's wrong, then getting upset when they're informed they're not actually helping.

write roland fanfictions

Attached: based.jpg (1280x720, 214K)

The mystery is not the point, the mystery is never the point of any of the series. This isn't Westworld.

The question of the series was whether Hays could move past the traumas in his life. In this regard, the ending was a little nebulous, but he was maybe in a better place than he was when he started.

I am dissapoint

Attached: smalfox.webm (324x480, 291K)

Agreed. At first I was mad that there wasn’t a bigger plot reveal for her, but then I appreciated that she kinda got fucked over for just being a blogger influencer trying to get something up and running. Basic white bitches love murder true crime shows, she epitomized that.

Fukunaga is never coming back. He and Pizza butt heads way too much. Fukunaga wants to direct scenes but Pizza keeps wanting to veto it. It's a wonder he lasted the entire season.

but they work best together.
TD season 1 is the peak of both their careers.

An user HBO insider in an earlier thread said originally Hayes and Roland were going to gun down Julie and her keed to close the case, then go to the VFW for a beer

This. And at the same time, lightly poking fun at the audience that wants a big grand mystery that they can solve together on reddit.
Don't you remember the excitement when she showed the pictures of Rust and Cohle.
>OMG it's a shared universe! That means every single thing fits in together as neatly as a jigsaw puzzle.

it kind of does though, just not in the over the top hamfisted way redditors want it to, this shit isn't the mcu.

Why do these have to be mutually exclusive?
ALL True Detective seasons have been about characters and their relationships first and foremost, S1 managed to portray characters well and weave a compelling mystery at the same time, S3 didn't.
Your assessment that "mystery wasn't the point" is based on the fact that the mystery was disappointing, not that there was evidence of conscious subversion on pizza's part. There's absolutely no reason to assume that the "detective" aspect was supposed to play a lesser role than it did in S1.

this was the worst fucking shit finale I ever watched
I kept skipping forward through all the scenes involving faggy teaching lady, hoping for a twist or big reveal
of course there was nothing, nice troll there Pizza
over 8 hours of 2 old farts slowly shuffling around like some demented retards not accomplishing anything
>muh character development shills
fuck off faggots
s1>s2>>>>>>dogshit>s3

Attached: 1512412073581.png (940x545, 142K)

>Lel, I want true detective to have no mystery!
And stop constantly bringing in race you uppity nigger

You realize he was trolling right?

6 EPISODES OF NOTHING HAPPENING

PIZZA IS A HACK WHAT A SURPRISE

Attached: dug.gif (250x313, 2.82M)

> that "mystery wasn't the point" is based on the fact that the mystery was disappointing
absolutely right
these redditors can't cope with the fact that the detective part of true detective was retarded.
pizzaman is a one hit wonder, he needs to steal something better if they want another season.

yeah but that was like 5 years ago, leave season 2 alone.

>the fact that the mystery was disappointing,
to whom? Westworld-style watchers who want all the answers laid-out clearly and unambiguously?
"No one gets closure, deal with it" is basically the theme of the season.

In many ways, viewers like this still haven't moved on from the initial promise of S1 of a Southern-fried Lovecraftian drama about detectives trying to solve a murder amidst the movements of elder gods. Instead, we got a drug addict finding Jesus and were told to feel good.

I'd considered it, but it kind of made more sense as an ending. By the end of the episode Hayes and Roland are kind of just doing pointless shit for no reason.
>Hayes and Roland blow away Julie and daughter
>drinking beer in VFW
>Hayes spaces out as the cops barge in
>zoom into Hayes' eye
>Hayes going into the jungle
Far superior ending

>5th timeline

Attached: 1546635936685.jpg (381x427, 56K)

Was Roland the best character in the show or what? I swear the only good thing about this finale was his characterisation, he felt like the only character that had any effort put in

>That scene with him and the stray dog

Attached: 125156162.png (516x438, 368K)

>"No one gets closure, deal with it" is basically the theme of the season.
but everyone DID get closure

>the detective part of true detective was retarded.
Yeah, they're bad at their jobs. That's what makes it fun.

Last chance to repost everything you made this season. Pointless posting in TD threads again when the burned out hack author wants to be done with it.

Attached: Bravo Pizza.jpg (500x647, 43K)

That shit gets old after a while because it means you can write whatever the fuck you want and not have to answer it

Well I think I'll rewatch Season 1 now. Should I bother watching Season 2 as well? Never watched it.

The main theme of the entire series seems to be "cops are crazy alcoholic retards who botch every case they're assigned for decades at a time "

>the gardener was the key to all of this all along
so this was basically a repeat of s1

Little girl should have unironically drugged Hays

So the jungle scene was him finally succumbing to dementia right? Has pizza said anything on this he's usually pretty open

Why was he crying? He should have fought the dog.

Im sick of it. No. No. You should miss out on S2

>but everyone DID get closure
they certainly did not.
seeing the little kids on bikes meant that wayne wasn't over the murder. that clip of him stalking into the jungle meant he still wasn't over the stuff he saw in vietnam.
the daughter was still withholding, the loss of the wife is still unexplained, suggesting it's a sore spot no one talks about. the son keeping the address of "julie" suggests he's as prone to obsession as his parents.

He was the dog

He said he was happy he subverted everyone's expectations.

>fictional marital issues is fun
Glad I caught the latest greatest installment of True Angsty Housewives: Noir Therapy Boogaloo then

Is it me or has this season had some of the best original music so far? Those weird corny plucked strings mesh so well with some of the scenes, like the one where they're driving with Harris in the last episode.

I delete every thing I make. If anons save it they'll post it, if not, then it wasn't good and shouldn't be reposted.

so now that the dust has settled, PizzaGelato, talentless hack or misunderstood genius?

art imitates life

Why did the one eyed black man not age a single day? He looked the exact same in the 90s as he did in the current day timeline. Is this cultist magic?

Nic addressed the wife death thing. He filmed it and it was cut for time. But yeah she dies in her sleep in 2013 right after she and purple plan a vacation together

I thought the ending was good. Is everyone mad because Rust didn’t show up?

black don't crack, yo

>hoyt wasnt actually worshipping an elder god and little girls feet shit series/10

Reddit threads aren't canon, this isn't GoT. If it's not aired, it doesn't happen.

And recent one when they break into Hoyt's mansion. Probably the best music of all 3, haunting shit

Really smart writer with cool ideas. Just doesn’t know how to execute them on film yet. Just give him time.

All the answers were laid out clearly and unambiguously, though. Pizza had a perfect opportunity to leave Julie's fate at least somewhat ambiguous, instead he literally showed us what happened.
If Julie's fate was left as a mystery, we could've been left wondering whether or not Wayne actually figured out that she's alive or if he just drove around and happened to see a woman that his old, demented mind, perceived to be Julie. Pizza couldn't even manage to do that, even in his supposed "attempts" to be ambiguous.

>heaven

What do you recon the IQ of this user is?

Must be why every td thread after the livethread this season are reposts of the same tired conversational gambits aka b8

Reminder that every Marty and his family scene was filler and took up more time than Hayes and his wife

Higher than yours
>recon

>recon
every time

his daughter and wife were hot, Mammario was hot, the ass girl was hot

that was fanservice, not filler

HBO insider from the earlier thread said it was the lithium in the drinking water interacting with his intriguing brain chemistry

Why is the daughter's name Lucy if Julie's previous family has been drugged out of her life. Huh, nic?

>this idiot took the prop book seriously

Time is a flat circle.

Fighting in Nam must have been absolutely terrifying. Why the fuck did we even Fucking jump in that bullshit.

Julie was a big fan of the redhead slut in Bram Stoker's Dracula who shows her tits every 5 seconds and gets her head cut off. Pure coincidence.

Childhood crush and nuns managed to unbrainwash an abductee drugged with antipsychosis meds with the power of true love and Jesus, respectively.

Purple got bored watching the keeds ride bikes, so he regressed back to a happier time.

That's meant to symbolize that Hays has never truly gotten over what he did and saw during his time in the Army.

based and christpilled pizzalatte

Sure, but Cary is still off creating other kinos even without Pizza, even though their best kino was the one they did together. However, Pizza can't make any kinos at all without Cary. If anything, Pizza should apologize and let him do his work.

hayes was a baby killer in nam. hence the scene transition from innocent kids > nam jungle

Naw I mean why did the US jump in that conflict. Stupid decision.

>Ass.... Pen!
literally lmao every fucking time

So that Purple could learn to track. Duh.

To stop the spread of communism, you commie fuck.

>turns of Hoyt was a red herring and not a pedophile
Consider my expectations subverted

>hayes was a baby killer in nam
>baby killer
This was literally a meme created by the Liberal agenda that was against the war in Vietnam. Soldiers in Vietnam did not kill babies for fun or sport. The Liberals took this propaganda straight from the Jewish playbook for WW2 when they claimed Nazis would throw babies in the air and use them as target practice. It's all a lie.

7/10, I liked it a bunch even with pacing issues.

S1 >>> S3 >>>>>>>>>>> Using one of those urinefilters so you can guzzle your own piss with a clear conscience but you know that what you're doing is wrong >>>>>>>>>>>> S2

I don't know. How is Carmen 45 but plays a 30 year old teacher?

its showing that he always be a fighter and vigilant

Your a fucking retard.

For most it was. But not for Hayes. He used his stealth hunter abilities to hunt Vietnamese children. He would creep into a village at night and in the morning the women would wail as they found the bodies of their keeds, throats slashed, scalped. That's why finding the Purcell boy freaked him out so much. He knew he wasn't the only baby killer in town.

Reminder that these are objective facts

Season
1 > 3 > 2
Intro imagery
3 > 1 > 2
Intro music
1 > 2 > 3

It's sad how many get filtered from S2.

Don't have art so posting a cap instead. I'm done overestimating Pizzalatte's skill in the hopes of him wowing me with an impeccable narrative. Remember all the talk about a renaissance of the golden age of television when td first aired? So much for that shit.

Attached: But Nic that's not Bravo.jpg (927x104, 16K)

>Your
Fix your shit, nigger.

Attached: smugpats.png (416x357, 89K)

You're mostly a pleb but right about intro. S3's was never catchy

Best parts:

Doggo + old Wayne & Roland "Come on... Stir some shit up with me"

>We will never get a True Detective in the 1920s, 1930s, or 1940s.

And Roland redpilling the audience on ugly people

Why the hell did Roland stir some shit up in that biker bar? Literally didn't get it.

fag they've been reusing the s1 tunes in s2 as well
in s2 it was when woodrugh dies

He felt bad over killing Harris.

it was after he shot and killed that cop and him and purple fell off he was feeling unwell

Or another thing

To sum it up:
- Pizzolatto got his millions of bucks,so he's cool
- Ali got the screentime and a million of bucks ,so he's cool
- Carmen & Dorff made a comeback,so they're cool
A FUCKING WASTE OF 9 HOURS
go fuck yourselves

kinda sad that the true crime doc lady didn't get to have a bigger part. She seemed like she actually gave a shit about that case.

*tips fedora*
*tips Bogart's gravestone*
*tips The Collected Works of Mickey Spillane*
I think that's the stuff he's trying to avoid.

well that was fucking disappointing
no cult or cool shit like Season 1

Tom was no longer around to fellatio a fella. We've gone over this already.

Also Carmen can't make a comeback when she never arrived.

If you get a chance, re-watch the entire series.

You think they ever went to a ball game after all this?

Attached: true_ball_game.jpg (1280x1440, 848K)

No, Hays forgot who everyone was after the kids on the bike.

See, there's no conspiracies going on! Everything is fine and well!

it was all just a dream. he never really left nam

Roland had lost Hays, his only friend, he was also a repressed homosexual, so he never actually married and started a family. The stray dog was a metaphor for acceptance and a break from loneliness.

I still don't understand how that nigger servant was allowed to do everything behind Hoyt's back. And where the fuck did he get all that money to give Juliet's mother if Hoyt wasn't aware of the deal?

A dream a bout being a person?

Attached: rust-cohle-beer-can-men.jpg (650x364, 41K)

hoyt was on safari all the time and he would always leave large amounts of dosh to his wife.

goes back to how purple keyed in on the crazy indians story about being in a place you can never leave

What was the point of Hays' dementia? Didn't add anything to the story aside from the forced Amelia hallucination at the end.

Why was Rust and Marty highlighted in "previously on"?

Why did the finale suck so bad?

Why does my heart feel so bad?

Attached: 1543602163243.gif (220x383, 1.71M)

Hays dementia was so Pizza didn't have to explain anything

Pretty much. Pedo rings were just for a spoof. I'm starting to think that season 1 is written not by Pizza but someone else.

>What was the point of Hays' dementia? Didn't add anything to the story aside from the forced Amelia hallucination at the end.
Nothing other than what you said about amelia

>Why was Rust and Marty highlighted in "previously on"?
Pizza once again taking credit for people's work.

>Why did the finale suck so bad?
Written by Pizza

>Why does my heart feel so bad?
You were conned into thinking this would be on par with Season 1, due to the copied tropes and atmosphere. Instead you were given Amelia all power seer pointless ending that people with an average IQ of 70 could figure out for themselves.

haha hes a fucking hack, just admit you have shit taste and move on.

>1 > 3 > 2
It's more like 1 > 3 = 2 after watching finale

HEAD SHITTING BIRD

It made him untrustworthy as a character and also gave him some character. I feel like it's a noir thing too, detective with vertigo, detective with tourettes, OCD, dementia whatever.
It also showed that it put incredible strain on his family relations.
It was never going to be the main point of the season like people thought.

The acting was fantastic. Wayne and Roland were both very well realized characters. I just wish that they were part of a competently written story.

>That Amelia dementia sequence where she just gives an ending rundown to the audience

Probably the worst fucking scene on television that I've ever seen, not even joking. It was easily the most cringy tryhard 2deep4u poorly written awfully acted joke of a scene to ever grace network television.

What an absolute waste of 8 hours of people's lives

Attached: 1480893387395.gif (178x195, 875K)

>true detective
>no one solved anything

what was the point of that scene?

After they solve the case they already state that they don't really feel any closure. It's not an shocking ending, but the creators clearly wanted to end it on a bit of an anticlimax.

I completely agree with that user, so that makes 2 against one. So i guess you're the odd one out you fucking faggot, now go talk to women if you love them so much.

To make sure absolutely everyone was aware of Pizza's attempts to construct a metaphor.

nice digits but if anything the show needed some more dementia nightmare ghosts and splintered fragments of Hays' psyche.

i'm depressed, first two episodes set a good tone, then they shit the bed.
S2 may be better than S3, fuck.
what a huge waste of time.

Attached: 1473894076774.jpg (2426x2349, 805K)

But who was the monster at the end?

Write an angry letter to HBO for wasting your time with this second rate bullshit...

The characters in S3 were probably the best, but case wise it really didn't stick the landing. The fact that it builds up as some grand conspiracy, but is just a series of dumb decisions and accidents caused by a crazy thot makes the entire story feel like a letdown.

>ending the season with 2 (two) infodumps
Oh no

>let’s shoot at an idea
They should have just dropped a nuke, would have been just as pointless

Not PTSD, memory loss from agent orange.

>ideas are bulletproof

to make sure that brainlet zoomers understood it like in Dexter.
I groaned out loud

Attached: Xbox find me a new job.jpg (360x1026, 78K)

It should have ended with Freddy bouncing Hays head

In the end that was the better road to take. Had this been "conspiracy pedo ring of untouchable higher ups kidnapping and drugging children" people would have torn it to shreds for being a rehash of S1 with a plot that could have been figured out 10 seconds into the first trailer.

Season 3 should've just been Rust and Marty tracking down the pedos in the video.

Anyone remember that music video after true detective season 1 with that angry river song? I can't seem to find it

at least it would have been somewhat satisfying. right now the only people who like this shit are reddit tier posters.

The outcome isn't as bad as the fact that it was laid out like 3 episodes before the finale, making a lot of the scenes feel completely redundant.

Is that Rami Malek gf?

Attached: lucy-boyntonjessie-craig.jpg (1000x1500, 216K)

Why was there spooky music constantly when the most normal stuff was happening on the screen?
Why did the police go to great lengths to shut the case down as quickly as possible and if we're assuming it was because of the senator's election why was only Hayes mad about it? Is the whole corps constructed of yes man?
Why did Harris not just tell them and literally sacrificed his life over some stupid cover up. He already had a job and it coming out wasn't worth dying over?
Why did Hoyt allude to knowing everything and if he did why not just come out or whatever.

Let's face it, this was an "epic" subverting your expectations on the same level as the last Jedi, only at least the Last Jedi had a climax whereas this subversion was just tying everything up with the most mundane explanation possible. And i haven't even talked about the bad construction of everything where it all points to something sinister but it's... not...

What an epic timewaste, on the level of netflix shows where if you saw it you just feel like you wasted time and didn't gain anything. I'm starting to think Pizza is a hack. Nah i'm kidding, he is a fucking hack and fuck this whole show.

I'm more disappointed with lame accidental death of the boy. Fucking shit, knew it was an option but c'mon

>Ends with Hayes in the Vietnam jungle

...Why? Can anybody give me an explanation? Either I'm having a brain fart or this legitimately has no significance and Pizza just throws in random scenes for no reason

Run for the hills
Pick up your feet
And let's go

It's to make you post and ask about it. This is the only real answer.

There must be some kind of way outta here

I really liked the final scene.

>What an epic timewaste, on the level of netflix shows where if you saw it you just feel like you wasted time and didn't gain anything
not all shows

Attached: dark-netflix-poster_.png (1200x680, 1.91M)

Dementia getting worse, walking into the dark/unknown, still out there looking for answers, actual 'nam flashback, moving forward. Take your pick.

A metaphor for his dementia. The important part is that he disappears in the jungle, read: loses his mind, completely.

i know its pretty reddit but i really liked roland
i wish there was more of him and less black familydrama. i was so curious how they could tie it all up in a 80 minute episode, instead we got the biggest anti climax and 5 scenes of the hays and his bitch wife, fuck that last episode. ill just pretend it never happened. ecept for the one scene ofcourse

feels fucking bad, but I guess the solace is that he was surrounded by his family and Roland when it happened

>same level as the last Jedi
pretty much.
and we have the same retards making the same "but you just don't understand the depth" bullshit all over again.
it's just artsy wank, meant to make you wonder. it's a cheap trick.
guy is 100% a hack and S1 was only good because he stole the idea.

Anyone got cliffs for the last episode? I have been purely relying on these threads to keep up to date since I have no interest in actually watching s3.

It was the pivotal character establishing moment for him. Just to really drive home how "war is bad" u guys. If it wasn't so in your face and completely out of nowhere it could have worked.

Sorry, but it was. The ending was completely bullshit and season 2 will never come so we are left with a bunch of school children fighting the "resistance" in the "dark future". It did have it's moments but i didn't feel fulfilled.

>pivotal
>literally final scene of the season
??????

>Why did the police go to great lengths to shut the case down
Hoyt likely offered to fund the DA's politcal career as a favor for making sure the case got closed quickly. DA probably didnt know Hoyt did it, or at least was willingly ignorant of considering it. and yes cops are all yes-men, look at Roland... Hayes only went against them because he didt want to shit on his future wife

>Why did Harris not just tell them and literally sacrificed his life over some stupid cover up. He already had a job and it coming out wasn't worth dying over?
Because they would have arrested him for murdering Tom and Lucy

>Why did Hoyt allude to knowing everything and if he did why not just come out or whatever.
Hoyt wasn't the one doing the crimes, he may not have known all the details of what June and Harris were doing

Roland and Hays standing over the gravestone of the empty coffin. the rest was the epilogue

>repressed homosexual
Pizza himself said he wasn't gay.

>season 2 will never come
but it was greenlit

if you've been reading these threads you probably know already since it was so predictable.
julie was sold to rich family, her brother fell and killed himself on accident. none of the weird clues or freaky shit happened.
one eyed black man explained it at his kitchen table to the two detectives and that was pretty much it.
oh julie is alive, nuns pretend she died of aids.
all the amelia relationship, hayes daughter mystery, reporter, bullshit lead nowhere.
dull as fuck.

I mean he unironically thinks it's a "war is bad" scene, cut him some slack.

I swear to god this season just fell apart. I have no idea why it happened. They had so much atmosphere and conspiracy involved up until around Episode 4 and then like said the outcome, which every one basically knew, just got told again and again in 3 episodes. All the atmosphere was gone. Both halves feel like different shows. I will admit that Roland remained a pretty based character through and through with a good story line, I liked the dog scene, the bar fight was a little over the top.

You watch The Knick because I know your pleb ass hasn't.

why would you want to write something badly?

>Both halves feel like different shows
3 different directors

Now, i meant that scene showed that the war in vietnam made Hayes the person he is today and it was instrumental in shaping him in all his choices. It was just tacked on in the last minute.

and it would have been better

Is there any good reason why they won't just hire one director for a whole season like they did with S1? Is it cheaper to hire three guys for 2-3 episodes a piece than one guy for eight episodes?

>showed that the war in vietnam made Hayes the person he is today and it was instrumental in shaping him in all his choices
That seems like an unnecessarily convoluted read of a very straightforward metaphor, no wonder you felt like it was "tacked on".

Was Amelia supposed to be such a loathsome character?

That's because Pizza is gay.

New thread when

>detective show where the audience has the mystery figured out and case solved a year before the show even starts and the entire season is just 8 weeks of the characters fumbling around while everyone watching loudly groans and yells at the screen like niggers in a movie theater
No it wouldn't.
I like the occult death snufftape dark as piss conspiracy stuff more than most but you can't do that again.

They decided to rip off Jacob’s Ladder.

>
That's quite literally what happened. The mystery was solved 5 episodes in.