Why are Plebbiters shitting on this movie?

>Hurr durr Green book won but at least Bohemian Rhapaody didn't
It's a good film, at least it tried doing something spectacular (the live aid scene)

Attached: freddie.jpg (720x1080, 61K)

Aside from all the shit with Brian Singer a lot of people were upset it wasn't solely about Freddie Mercury being gay.

Most of it was about him being gay though.

Anyway, I enjoyed the movie, but it's not that great. The editing really was bad and the Live Aid scene was cheesy

Paint by numbers boring biopic that I my cruised on Queen music being good

Eo

freddie was not played by idris elba

Attached: 1539227618830.png (720x1280, 222K)

>dude queen
it's literally only liked by zoomers
it has a shit capeshit pedo director and bad editing

Yeah dude a guy pretending to sing for 15 minutes in front of a giant cgi crowd was really sick

It was corny as fuck. Plus the timeline was fucked up. They didn't play fat bottomed girls on their first tour, Mott the hoople didn't open for them and he didn't even know he had aids until like 87. Dumb movie.

Idris Elba would literally fit that Seanchan general perfectly, but that's not relevant until way too late in the books.

Shit movie that left out a lot of details that everyone knows about.

Rami did a great job and the Oscar is deserved but otherwise the movie was pretty bad

Because le epic Sacha Baron Cohen version would have been better!!

I am amazed that this piece of shit was nominated for anything at all.

because it wasn't a documentary it was a fucking movie of course they change things to force tension drama and shit are you 8 years old or something you fucking faggot?

Because it`s a generic biopic for those who`ve only heard like 4-5 Queen songs. Live Aid might be "spectacular" only if haven`t seen the actual concert before, you know without CG crowd.
Based reddit movie, "muh Queen, We Will RockYou is the best"

>Reddit movie
Reddit hate it

Because the "turned Freddie gay"?

Because it's a very generic movie

boring stale tv movie only saved by rami performance

The problem is that the original story would have been more interesting and dramatic. If anything they watered down the story for wider appeal.

What was spectacular about the live aid scene? I’d rather they just throw some footage of the original performance at the end instead of showing actors trying to copy it.

It was a bad movie not only because it was inaccurate but because the liberties it did take made it shit. It was generic too. People only like it because they like Queen.
Rami was great though, movie wasn't.

This is like if Val Kilmer won an oscar for his Morrison depiction.

it's a fuck up, but whatever.

the fact that this was nominated for anything and love and mercy was totally snubbed is a tragedy

This movie is fucking garbage, Redditors are the ones that love this kys

Queen deserved a better film. Of course normies that only have heard Queen songs on the radio love it though

Jim Morrison fat lol

Attached: Lolol.jpg (286x400, 15K)

after watching this I can't enjoy a single queen song without thinking about how much of an insufferable wanker brian may is

This movie is obviously a product of brian may wanting to milk freddy and queen for more cash its not even funny.

i felt the oscars left out so many fucking movies
mission impossible and mandy should have been in there somewhere

>Mandy
>mission impossible 6
try not being a pleb anytime lad

This. Queen is terrible and always has been.

How did you not know this already? He's been a wanker for 40 years.

>queen biopic

sounds boring as fuck. biopics usually are. i avoid them. worst genre of film

Attached: [Special Clips] 여자친구 GFRIEND X SMART - FAMILY M_V 촬영 스케치-qUvY5wJn-Mg-[10.26.126-10 (1280x720, 2.91M)

queen is shitty dad rock

did you know he has a phd in physics though?

By no metric was "Bohemian Rhapsody" a good movie, either in terms of technical achievement, or of entertainment.

>but that live aid scene
literally on youtube, you don't get credit for copying someone else's work.

Award shows are meaningless the last decade plus

>Queen
>good

Hideously cliched paint-by-numbers story that's also incredibly hackneyed moment to moment, SNL parody-tier lead performance, god awful editing and cinematography, etc. What's to like? It's a garbage movie that exists to milk money from boomers who grew up listening to Queen. My mom loved it.

The pedo director was replaced by Dexter Fletcher

So why does it say Brian Singer directed it

/thread
my mom liked it too and so did her friend
i couldn't even watch it

I tried watching the film, but I just can't take Rami seriously. He's so scrawny and little, how can anyone look at him and see even a fraction of the presence that Freddie had. At this point I'm certain Sacha Baron Cohen would be a hundred times more fitting.

What exactly is spectacular about recreating one of the most watched concerts of all time with lip-syncing actors, ugly CGI pans and hilariously bad cutaways to the phone banks as of no one gave a shit about LiveAid until fucking Queen showed up?

Because it was shit.

Is Brian May autistic

Attached: May .png (616x433, 84K)

Whole oscars thing is a shitshow here in europoor. The cultural difference seems to be very big. I enjoyed both BR and Green Book. I don't know why reddit shits on these movies - I actually educated myself after watching those. Read about Jim Crow laws, Shirleys work and read many interesting things about Queen