Can we all agree First Man was snubbed? I don't even know who to blame...

Can we all agree First Man was snubbed? I don't even know who to blame. Either alt-right brainlets who thought it was anti-american or just people with poor taste...

Attached: FirstMan_2493_D051_00228R.jpg (450x338, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PhdQMCOFyFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=67pHoVsKgp4
youtube.com/watch?v=9LzDdfcNsXo
youtube.com/watch?v=4Tf8MaKYhfw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>anti-american
How?

Fuck that anti-male anti-white propaganda piece.

>anti american
>anti white
>wasnt fucking buried in oscars
BIG THINK

It was anti-American though

>not even a nod for soundtrack while Black Kang won it

Attached: IMG_2759.jpg (380x380, 26K)

It was really good but I personally find it hard to get jazzed for a biopic, especially one focused on the moon landing we've seen depicted a million times (though it was depicted refreshingly different, I was scared we were going to get another "mission control claps and cheers" scene). Goose is great but he comes from the George Clooney school of acting where he plays himself 9 times out of 10. Visual effects win was deserved, probably deserved some of the sound awards too, but the only other one I could see it as potentially being deserving of would've been Claire Foy for supporting actress.

Learn to think for yourself, Jesus fucking christ. I’d bet any amount of money you didn’t even see it.

that's what you get for pandering to globalist chinks

Of course I did t see it lmao. Are you such a stupid bitch you actually watched this?

>retards on Yea Forums forgot about this

Attached: 235235325.jpg (1448x1259, 444K)

its anti white, anti american and anti male movie

it deserved to get snubbed

>retards on Yea Forums forgot about this

Attached: 1535938502118.png (1128x859, 502K)

it flew the fucking flag
This film got cucked because of niggers on here trolling and the media got wind of it, Riley stearns style
ironic.... the goose gets JUSTed by his own fan club

God, you’re a fucking idiot.

bait

a lot of politicians complained when it didn't show flag raising

>it flew the fucking flag

Prove it

Didn't he say it was a "global victory for all people" or some shit? Lol. That literally couldn't be further from the truth as it was a cold war dick measuring between two superpowers.

Reminder this actually fucking happened

Attached: 1535765878161.png (1100x735, 232K)

that's how we see it but that's not how the astronauts saw it

why are /pol/cucks so fucking stupid? is it a requirement?

>implying I'm a fan of a fucking white male
go back to /pol/

>2019
>still using the alt-right buzzword/boogeyman

>good movies get intentionally overlooked in order to pander to nigger trash
get used to it. it's the future you chose

Wat?

Attached: 954022225.jpg (1080x1404, 261K)

t. the alt right

>false-flagger
Every time

>alt-right
Why do people keep referring to something that doesn't exist? Boggles the mind.

I absolutely FUCKING hate you tranny. I would beat you to death if you were ever in front of me. Enjoy killing yourself eventually

Brainlets thought its about the moon landing

Armstrong wasn't even the one who raised the fucking flag. It still fucking shows it on the moon. Of course it wouldn't show the actual planting seeing as how that was Aldrin's move.

>After 3 years of butthurt
>Still shilling against mah alt rite
>Not understanding attacking common people trying to turn them into your Nazi fantasy only turns more people against you

Attached: lenny-thumbs-up.jpg (500x375, 52K)

The movie was explicitly about Neil Armstrong, not the moon landing. It's entirely a character study focused on his ambition in the face of setbacks, with the moon landing as the culmination of a period of trials and tribulations for him. The movie is not anti-American; it's just that the landing is framed as a personal victory for Armstrong, because he is the focus of the movie.

Imagine actually saying "alt-right"

B
O
R
I
N
G

A
F

>admitting you're a stupid bitch in front of everybody
Oh shit what the fuck are you doing?

Did you actually see the movie, yes or no?

Attached: FizzBuzz.png (419x822, 213K)

>me watch dumb mobie now me in charge

Attached: image.jpg (1200x1679, 136K)

Yes you fucking sheep. It was average. Favourite parts were him flying the spider, looked good, they dragged the FUCK out of the landing and the only genuine surprising part was the bracelet.

spbppilled

>Punches in patriot

Attached: Fkc21w9o440o2.gif (400x225, 830K)

So you didn't see it and are probably basing your entire opinion of it off literal fake news. Dumb sheep.
You did see it? Then you'd realise the rumours of it being "anti American" were concocted by right-wing media and have no basis in reality

Yes it looked great on screen (saw the 4k version) but it was boring as fuck.

>fake news
I heard this was a fascist phrase. Why should I trust you, fascist?

>Its all made up, lulz

Neat. Can you post the clip of them planting the American flag? Basically the entire reason they even went was to beat the Russians.

BU THEY DID
DID THE PEOPLE NOT WATCH THE MOVIE
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I admit I missed it, but I don't know why... just bad timing, maybe

This. I'm not American and dont have a dog in the fight but isn't the whole fucking reason to plant a flag?

Not an argument. Retards who get all their information from brietbart and /pol/ genuinely believe the film doesn't show any American flags and expresses an anti-american sentiment.
>Can you post the clip of them planting the American flag?
No, because that was Buzz's honour. The movie wasn't about the moon landing, it was about Neil Armstrong. Retard.

>damian chazelle
literally a shit dishonest director
fuck you goslingcucks

American here, and yes. The entire space race, formation of NASA, etc was a cold war dick measuring contest. It was & will always be seen as an American achievement, particularly white.

Losers trying to rewrite history in current year get the rope.

Attached: 91LpR44Tk+L._RI_.jpg (1920x2560, 932K)

The most pro-white film in the past couple of years that had a chance at some recognition got ignored because of idiots like you

single digit IQ post my dude.

Did you see the movie?

>Not an argument.
Now that's DEFINITELY a fascist phrase, I definitely remember hearing that it is. Go back to /pol/ you nazi incel.

Based annoying user that will ask this over and over

The marketing tour where they kept saying how it being about America didn't matter in the story and claimed that Neil Armstrong didn't feel patriotic for doing it. All in all a boneheaded move, liberals that would dig that sort of thing wouldn't watch some space movie about white guys

there was the flag on the saturn v and the moon but there was no flag planting which a lot of people didn't like

It's a simple yes or no question that will determine if your opinion on the movie is actually worth debating or if you're just a sheep parroting what brietbart told you to say

>Did you see the movie??

This shill has been doing this all night.

See

you're all a bunch of dumb cunts that clearly didn't see the movie. First Man wasn't about the space race, or flag planting, or countries, or whatever jingoistic bullshit you've been programmed to spout.
First Man is a movie about a man. it's the story of Neil Armstrong. everything else is window dressing to that fact. now go fuck yourselves.

Attached: 28183587451_bff31e01fb_o.jpg (2068x3098, 920K)

>sheep parroting
nice

That's not me and that's not even the same movie, dumbass. I only woke up an hour ago

Pol's tantrum means they won't make a movie again about the achievements of white cis men. More stuff like hidden figures with strong women of color because that made back ten times its budget.

Face it white men, your era is over. The movie watching public and the oscars have rejected you and your culture.

not really, he did have a life after nasa, which was conveniently left out

>want about the flag playing
Au countraire, an user in this very thread who watched this very movie assured me they showed the flag flying in the movie. Are you calling him a liar?

>he did have a life after nasa, which was conveniently left out
The movie focuses on the period of life where he lost his daughter and then learned to move on. Once this happened the film ends.

>no replies
Sorry no one noticed your valid point

Put it this way. BR2049 >>>>>>>>>>> First man

>they showed the flag flying in the movie
How does that contradict the statement
>First Man wasn't about the space race, or flag planting ?
Are you suggesting that because something is shown in a movie that that is the movie's primary focus?

I don't understand how the Soundtrack wasn't even nominated.

The soundtrack to First Man was exceptionally moving and unique. But of course, it was a movie about the achievements of exceptional white men with white privilege. My team of VFX guys won an Oscar about 10 years ago and we were up against some serious contenders. But these days the Oscars are even more political and there's a general agreement in Hollywood that the pre-selection and voting system is rigged. You can usually predict who will likely win Best Picture - but not always. They tend to select the "arty" films over the technically great ones. Example: 'Annie Hall' beat 'Star Wars' for "Best Picture" yet Star Wars was utterly earth-shattering in how it influenced the industry and the world at the time and was the literal definition of the term Blockbuster. People were paying to see the film three or more times (*which was unheard of at the time). Despite how incredibly influential the film way, Woody Allen's Annie Hall won Best Picture... this is something that would not happen today because of the controversy surrounding his behavior with his adopted daughter (they're married now and his other child is claiming she was molested).

First Man should have been nominated for about 4 Oscars today but wasn't. It did deserve best VFX (especially when you consider the rubbish that is Black Panther's visual effects). But is most certainly deserved best Original Soundtrack.

Watch the movie again if you've forgotten it (or look it up on YouTube etc). That soundtrack was haunting.

Attached: rawImage.jpg (2048x1194, 746K)

Attached: fellowkids.jpg (900x720, 87K)

Why are you comparing First Man to a 2017 movie when this entire thread is about First Man getting snubbed to movies that came out the same year as it?

Not an argument

>they showed the flag flying in the movie
Wait, did they? I thought they didn't show the flag being planted on the moon.

learn to read you dumb phone-posting fuck
>not about the flag planting
you don't see the flag being planted on screen, but you do see a planted in the background. that's because seeing Neil plant the flag isn't critical to the plot or his overall character arc.
this guy fucking gets it.

Attached: tumblr_ohbj2xBios1tub6hqo1_1280.jpg (1280x853, 168K)

Because I compare things, it's what I do

fucking agreed, it's criminal that the soundtrack didn't win an Oscar, let alone get nominated.

There has never been a good biopic that spanned a figures' entire life.

>mfw reading the YouTube comments for the First Man acceptance of best VFX Oscar
>it's all retarded capeshitters saying Infinity War should've won

Attached: fml.jpg (176x164, 20K)

back to /pol/

It means you're full of shit, faggot. Reddit & Discord, go back.

>This guy gets it!

Samefagging this hard for kike propaganda. Absolutely pathetic.

If Neil Armstrong was played by a black man or a woman it would have won all the awards tonight.

I think they knew if they nominated Hurwitz they'd have to give it to him.

They didn't show it being planted, but it was in the background.

>proud to bean american
>and a real hero

say what you want about hidden figures but at least it wasn't anti american

>It means you're full of shit, faggot. Reddit & Discord, go back.
Not an argument. Prove that I am the same person who wrote the post you linked.
>Samefagging this hard for kike propaganda
>kike propaganda
Now I'm certain you haven't actually seen the movie. Fuck off.

black panther was better

people trolling against this movie are unironically contributing to the death of cinema
congratulations

Imagine lacking so much critical thinking that you get tricked into actively shilling against one of the only pro white pro american movies of 2018

>user board without user IDs in a world of VPNs
>Prove it! Lul

But seriously, user. Did you watch the movie??

You never even saw the movie, did you?

The posting styles aren't even comparable and the two posts aren't even talking about the same movie, retard. Burden of proof is on you.
>Did you watch the movie
Yes, and it was pretty great.

>a jewish hack director
Kys you fucking anti art pseudo pleb

imagine shilling for another shit gosling flick

I did actually, I really liked the scene where Neil received the news about Apollo 1 and shatters the glass in his hand. What was your favorite scene?

>anti art
dumb motherfucker

>shit gosling flick
Hello r*ddit

>Literally the same song remixed twenty times
If Beale Street Could Talk should have won.

They didn't even use CGI, its all shitty models and practical effects. No CGI = not art.

Awful bait, far too obvious.

lol i tried

this is depressing

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 7.34.22 pm.png (1838x666, 154K)

Is Ryan Gosling the new aiden gillen?

I just pretend they are all russians.

>this is the supposedly "based and redpilled" generation

But gosling is /r/movies favorite which is why this shit tier board can't stop talking about him
you dumb fucking newfaggot

you faggots want the real redpill about the "fake moon landing" conspiracy?

NASA astronauts landed on the moon...

but it was the wrong moon.

Attached: image.jpg (670x670, 37K)

>Damian Chazelle
>art
Pick one you stupid pigfuck

Only a redditor who browses reddit enough to know what is the userbase's favorite would know this, and you can go back

>still trying to bait after being caught out
Find another thread dude

leave now disgusting twitter/discord tranny.

I take it back, apparently people are dumb enough to keep taking it.

Reading the comments on the video now, at least Yea Forums isn't THAT bad.
>It's an award for VISUAL EFFECTS, which should go to the movie that looks better. That's it. There's no "if" there's no "but." First Man was a great movie but that's not what the award is for. It's like looking at a Toyota Altis next to the Batmobile and saying the Toyota looks better because it's more realistic
>How on gods earth did this beat infinity war and ready player one?....

Stop speaking in riddles

There are good points in both of these posts.
That said, the fact it wasn't nominated at all seems fishy. Sure, you can break it down to two main themes (and one groove) but lesser scores have been rewarded in the past. Desplat played 3 chords and scored and award for Grand Budapest Hotel.
Hurwitz created absolutely breathtaking pieces of music and got nothing because the academy is presumably sick of him and Chazelle.

Imagine waging a civil war on a country that let you grow into a position you can make Hollywood motion pictures.

Lol, go be a citizen of the world somewhere else faggot, and take your apex redditor Gosling with you.

>he unironically writes this as.Black Panther wins three Oscars

Take your guilttriping somewhere else.

It's not bait when it's the truth you dumb NPC plebs with zero self awareness

but that's my point tho

>>Literally the same song remixed twenty times

No it's not. The track you are thinking of is called The Armstrong Family Theme (aka Armstrong theme youtube.com/watch?v=PhdQMCOFyFQ ) and it's played with various instruments and builds up to a full orchestral number with the launch and then culminates in the Lunar Landing at the very end of the film.

>Gemini 8 Docking Scene:
youtube.com/watch?v=67pHoVsKgp4

>Launch Scene:
youtube.com/watch?v=9LzDdfcNsXo

>Lunar Landing Scene:
youtube.com/watch?v=4Tf8MaKYhfw

Personally, as a non-American, I was furious when I heard they were going to forgo the Flag Planting moment from the film. But, having seen the film twice at the cinema and about a dozen times on Bluray, I think that they showed the US flag in quite a lot of scenes, including several static shots of it dominating the landing site on the lunar surface (see image from Cinefex magazine). It also looks like there was quite a lot more that was cut from the final edit of the film. Either way, the film came across as quite an emotional (though quiet) picture. My only complaint was the four or five scenes shown in the Trailer that were not in the Final cut of the film itself.

Attached: maxresdefault-1.jpg (1280x720, 180K)

Can you stop shilling such a shitty movie holy fuck dude
La La Land had shit unmemorable music as well

Its one of the best scores in ten years.

>Seen it a dozen times on jew ray

Holy shit. The absolute state of shills.

Anyone who complains the flag wasn't Michael Bay'd is a fascist. It's that simple.

Good post user

Despite this the movie continuously points out how the US were trying to beat the USSR

>Good post user

Thanks. Sadly I'm being branded a "shill" for standing up for the film I felt last year would have at least been nominated for Best Picture.

I feel a little let down that it didn't win Best Soundtrack although considering how they used new methods and actual model building to create the FX, it's good to know they won an Oscar for that (at least).

Attached: 1540116846343.jpg (780x325, 37K)

>Armstrong: Thank you, Mr. President. It's a great honor and privilege for us to be here, representing not only the United States, but men of peace of all nations, and with interest and curiosity, and men with a vision for the future. It's an honor for us to be able to participate here today.

>that entire launch sequence
muh dick
I love how rattly it sounds, really helps with the immersion

Attached: IMG_20181019_131453.jpg (268x316, 52K)

All these space scenes were incredible.

don't listen to the autists
it is disheartening though to see how little attention the film got

God damn you gosling redditors are pure fucking plebs
eating up some shit tier movie that is aping 2001 half the time and apollo 13 half the time

its literally a boring sack of cliche shit

Attached: AHAH so ironic.jpg (600x449, 29K)

ugh, kill yourself

No please kys if you think those scenes are anything new to the medium of film and are honest dude docking waltz lmao
What a fucking hack

This is terrible bait but enjoy another (You).

Attached: first-man-2018-ryan-gosling.png (474x266, 126K)

defend what won, or what you think should have. let's hear it tough guy

>gosling stars in film
>it's criminally underated and generally does poorly at the box office
>it's actually very well made and will hold up for years to come
>gains a cult following
How does he keep doing it lads?

Nobody said they were "anything new to the medium of film", just that they were well done.
>honest
Way to further out yourself as an idiot spouting memes.

probably the scene where Buzz Aldrin is talking shit about how everyone wants to get on the mission because the last guy died, and he says he's only saying what's on everyone's mind, to which Neil wryly responds "Maybe you shouldn't."

It isn't done well when it's so basic and formulaic with so little nuance, it's a coloring book that an adult colored in, wow. so impressive

you're not making any sense and you conveniently ignored my reply

I actually am surprised it didn't even get nominated. It got decent reviews and it was better than say, Vice.

Most movies that are good don't get nominated for much if anything
Lathimos' Killing of a sacred deer was 10000x better than the favourite but got 0 noms

This. Also fuck the usa, glad they picked a canadian for the role as well.

F

But he's still alive.

Only retards are calling it anti-white and anti American. They even showed the niggers complaining about it as the bad side