What's the problem with the Oscars?

What's the problem with the Oscars?

Attached: 1551073261951.jpg (960x684, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t2LCw_Atq9g&t=4s
youtube.com/watch?v=Ci3uyuPeIS4&feature=youtu.be&t=26
youtu.be/5OUjIoPf0tQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Terhj8mjPwY
youtube.com/watch?v=jkMLVBHSBvA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>y axis starts at 20

Niggers wanted gibsmedat and turned the whole thing into tokenism

when you push faggot, black, jew shit it chases all decent people away and they won't come back

What happened in 03 and 08?

Go woke
Go broke

Its a simple formula

That happend at 2014?

t. never made a graph before

I'm a Nielsen family. I made sure all meters were off during the Oscar. Fuck that shitty show.

Having the same host back to back didn't help, and I think the show ended after 12 for people in the east coast.

because award shoes are a fucking meme
They don't mean anything and are just popularity contests/political agenda shit

also who even watches TV anymore

What happened in 2003 and 2008?

Le Ellen Oscar selfie and Brad Pitt Pizza

virtue signaling

What happened in 2003?

Aftermath of Dotcom Crash and Housing Crisis. People get mad at the elites when things get bad and don't indulge their little decadent games. Should tell you about the mood in America the past few years.

Invasion of Iraq in 2003

Snowstorms

>03
Standing ovation for Roman Polanski
>08
Jon Leibovitz

Nobody watches TV anymore

No Kevin Hart.

Writers strike?

no one wants to watch rich elitists preaching about how you should feel ashamed for being white for 3 hours? color me surprised

How would that affect the viewership?
What did everyone just turn their tv off?
Speaking about 03

People got tired of millionaires jacking each other off once a year and giving each other awards, all the time claiming to be superior than the people who make them so rich. The few people who actually gave a shot to watch originally are starting to not watch because the circle jerk has started to include politics, and the academy has been so heavy handed in presenting their agenda that it’s turning people off. Then to make up for declining viewership, they try and fix the problem, only to pander to a bunch of minorities who never watched or cared to begin with and belived that was the problem. So they start to virtue signal even more, making themselves feel better all the while worsening the problem they created.

tl;dr It was always shit and now they can’t resize the problem that’s making it even shittier

nice catch genius

>anyone in Hollywood gives a shit about people watching Oscars
Movies are grossing higher than ever, seems like getting woke gets you profit.

Several reasons
>tired of politics / virtue signalling / elitist shit (biggest one probably)
>less people have traditional TV and either don't watch it, or check Twitter for winners as they occur because who wants to waste hours of their life on this shit anymore
>Series have eclipsed films in quality
>Streaming has changed what people watch - watercooler talk is no longer about Oscar winners and awards fare, but the latest Netflix shows/movies

The audience for the Oscars now are SJWs, film aficionados, and women who like the pretty dresses.

its just a bunch of cunty white hating jews, spouting horseshit like how much they care about global warming or whatever the popular topic is
and all the awards are bought

Reminder that the only reason there was a spike in 2014 was because people thought it would be as fun as 2013

youtube.com/watch?v=t2LCw_Atq9g&t=4s

Well a rapist was nominated for best director/picture
Also it was hosted by Steve Martin

It used to be culturally relevant, before the 2000's they at least pretended to be about the movies and congratulating each other.
Everyone ate that shit right up, it was fun watching your favorite movie stars mingle and shoot the shit.

But now?
Everyone, even the normies, are noticing how self absorbed and agenda-pushing its become. Its no longer about the movies or the craft.
Now its about how long someone can jerk themselves off when they give an acceptance speech.
The fun and lightheartedness are gone, most of the movie stars look bored, like they'd rather be somewhere else, and it shows.
Now its just a giant pile of misery, arrogance and trying to guess which minority they're gonna cater to this year.

Attached: 1389982915853.jpg (500x385, 63K)

Jesus Christ, he'd probably get crucified if he did this today and this was only 6 years ago.

What would Twitter be like if this happened this year?

>What's the problem with the Oscars?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ci3uyuPeIS4&feature=youtu.be&t=26

Attached: white dudes.jpg (1762x852, 324K)

That was fucking amazing.
Is Seth the last redpilled actor working in hollywood anymore?
Also that joke he did about Harvey Weinstein before the shit hit the fan was some goddamn prophecy shit

Attached: 1540978395192.jpg (960x640, 477K)

Nobody wants to see negroes winning awards they don't deserve.

youtu.be/5OUjIoPf0tQ

08 they snubbed both Wall-E and The Dark Knight from best picture nominations (despite being super well reviewed mega-hits that won other awards like best supporting actor and best animated film), in favor of a much smaller film people didn't care nearly as much about.

the most kino Oscars song coming through, the Reader part makes me laugh every time
youtube.com/watch?v=Terhj8mjPwY

maybe if they made good movies people would care

>that dip in ‘08

Financial crisis?

Writers strike.

Oscars was always shit

People just have more options now and tv just works better as a medium nowadays. We just have a problem admitting it cause film snobs are elitist

2003 was the last time anime won best animation

What an embarrassing post.

2019 will be even lower

literally have normies making jokes about the pity awards for black people

>miyazaki
doesnt count

Like what ? Black panther is the only exception, and that hardly counts as literally every black in America will have seen it.

Really? How does that work, could you elaborate on it?

damn, I forgot how stacked '09 was.

It wasn’t “prophecy shit”. People in the industry probably knew what he was doing. Correction, they knew what he was doing.

What do you think their ratings will be this year?

I feel like it will be good because people liked Black Panther and Lady Gaga

> “Hey you evil racist, misogynistic, homophobic White people, watch our tv show!”
> 40% drop in viewers
> “but… but how?!”

Attached: shocked-orangutang.jpg (466x350, 25K)

They think we really really like them but we actually fucking hate them.

Attached: 591C0774-16D4-4E33-845B-E49E5FC8A531.jpg (600x400, 32K)

>Writers
(((Writers))) sweetie

I hum to myself "The Reader, I haven't seen The Reader" all the time.

seems like the further you go back the more likely the movie is worth watching
it goes back a bit more than capeshit, but best picture used to be a big bankable movie

last one I'd agree with is return of the king

if anything is worth watching you can find it online has really hurt it

Attached: bp.jpg (1114x320, 217K)

PLEASE let it dip further. If viewership is up this year they're 100% going to shove in more popular garbage like Black Panther in.

Years of shit movies made people less enthusiastic about award shows for shit movies.

niggers everywhere

>nominate shit movies
>shit movies win the awards
>wtf why aren't the goyim watching?

stop running the oscars as an activist effort to get people to watch the films that underperformed

Who the fuck wants to listen to a bunch of celebrities jack themselves off in front a crowd.

People stopped watching TV. I sold mine in 2015

9/11 and OJ's police chase

>Daily reminder that the 2001 and 2002 Oscars wore stolen from Lord of the rings

Hey, everyone genuinely like Slumdog the one time they saw it

Wrong year idiot.

Hidden Figures, a space race movie about strong women of color made back ten times its budget. First Man, a space race movie about cis white men and American flags, flopped.

Get woke get rich

Now this is thot patrolling

Hollywood is creatively and morally bankrupt. They can't hide it anymore and more and more people are turning away.

>Series have eclipsed films in quality
True. Movies today are SHIT and the industry is dying. Like rock music, it's not coming back.

Worst kept secret. Everyone knew. I remember reading shit about Harv and Gretchen Mol when fucking rounders came out and she was everywhere in a PR blitz.

>Movies are grossing higher than ever, seems like getting woke gets you profit.
You're a simpleton and don't understand inflation.

Attached: hollywoodslowdeath.png (529x558, 34K)

They stopped making even okay movies and people were tired of watching Hollywood jerk itself off for 3 hours.

>Movies are grossing higher than ever, seems like getting woke gets you profit.
>film budgets keep getting higher
>advertising budgets keep getting higher
Most people who work in the industry know that only like 10% of films make a decent profit.

Nah they just saved them for when the trilogy wrapped up. ROTK was a lock.

LOTR wasn't even out for the 2001 awards you faggot.

Kek, those butthurt reactions.
Also the pre-fappening JLaw callout is so much funnier now.

Attached: 1534222053966.jpg (1303x1297, 306K)

Silent generation is almost dead, boomers are dying. Literally the only groups who give a fuck about the oscars. Millennials just watch so they can post on twitter right away about their latest outrage about how a white man wasn't beheaded on stage while his wife got blacked in the background. Zoomers sure as hell don't give a fuck.

>The show was watched by traditional families
>Actors and people involved start to shit on them with political shit
>The academy thinks that by pandering to minorities they will get people to watch their show
>Objective people drops it
All of this plus Netflix. Not memeing, streaming apps will kill everything

>Zoomers sure as hell don't give a fuck.
Every zoomer on Yea Forums is fingering his neocunt to this gaga cooper shipping shit.

Damn that was well done.

Iraq War in 2003, Writers Strike in 2008

>what us netflix/streaming, tv productions finaly getting a leg over Shittywood
relax your rasizm boner

But muh dubious alt-right blogs told me that Gen Z is based and redpillee!

>axis starts at 2000
>not at GOAT 1998

Perfect.

Did they shat on Trump or Trump related things again?

Unironically capeshit. It's become so fucking prevalent now, it's at the detriment at everything else. Pretty much the only films you see advertised now are for fucking Marvel. I can't remember the last big budget blockbuster that didn't have faggots like Iron Man and Spiderman in.

no one gives a shit and a majority of films are garbage

>X axis starts at 2000

Yes it was, the 2001 Oscars were held in Feb 2002

>What's the problem with the Oscars?

tribe circlejerk

The Oscars have always been a thing young people know of, but don't really care that much about. Then they start to care more as they get older. Zoomers don't care now, but will in 20 years
That's a general rule; I know your experience might be different

That's the 2002 oscars.

The best movie of the year appearently was a ripoff of Driving Miss Daisy but with a White Man driving a Black Guy.

If that doesn't say enough about the dire state of Hollywood I don't know what else would. American Cinema is a shambling corpse.

Lightning hit the transmitter?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

what was the rating for this Oscar? Another down spiral or did it go up?

>peak in 2014 out of the last 10 years
>2014 was the first time Emma Watson attended the oscars and presented
Sounds about right. That was the last time it was good.

Emma Watson attended/presented with JGL and looked beautiful

They said the n word.

It's because Emma Watson attended and presented.

Attached: o-EMMA-WATSON-OSCARS-2014-570.jpg (570x856, 160K)

He needs to do the followup: we've seen your asshole

>seems like the further you go back the more likely the movie is worth watching
Absolutely untrue
>last one I'd agree with is return of the king
Oh, now I see. You're a film embryo.

They literally are. But only the white male zoomers. Every other category is still retarded. Probably because white zoomer males see they are the ones getting shit on the most.

>white zoomer males
Are disgusting nigger tier human garbage

>rich celebs jack each other off while condemning the middle/lower class audience for not solving all of the world's problems for them

People are gonna get tired of that shit eventually. The fact that it took so long is the only travesty here.

youtube.com/watch?v=jkMLVBHSBvA

If only we could have this again

TV viewership in general is dropping.

Rich Celebs actually once were really talented and great performers. We really don't have Movie Stars anymore.

stale, politically correct, preachy SJW borefests do not draw

Attached: SJW cringe.jpg (800x2251, 230K)

movies are selling fewer tickets in a larger population.
hollywood is dying.
and thats a good thing.

Attached: 1550656649749.jpg (600x900, 171K)

>look at the winners
>don't know any of these films
>dont know any of the actors
>spend day's watching tv and shit posting here
wat?
Seriously apart from Green Book which I still havn't bothered to watch I don't know any of these films nor any of the actors who won.

that butt would be 10/10 if she had even a tiny bit of hips

>Moonlight
>The Shape of Water
>Green Book
Enough, we get the message
Can the Oscars be about films again please?

Attached: 1379007080244.png (1316x1152, 35K)

The concept of celebrity has disintegrated over time. The first hit was reality tv stars, the second his was viral internet celebs.

At the same time the economy has crashed, your job was automated or outsourced to the third world. And your country is being over run with third world shitskins.

At the same time movies are nothing but remakes, reboots, franchises, or based on a comic book. The art of cinema tossed out the window for maximized profit.

At the same time the idiots in hollywood think that some mentally ill social justice retard on twitter is supposed to represent what the average american thinks like even though their pandering to the tumblr crowd 9 times out of 10 results in the movie bombing or ratings stagnating

So who want to watch a bunch of coke heads, rapists, and child molesters who are good at play pretending jerk each other off about how much more morally superior they are to you?

Did you know in ancient rome that actors were considered to be on the same level as prostitutes?

>that year return of the king won literally everything

Attached: 1546905366428.jpg (541x348, 106K)