/ABAG/ - Alita: Battle Angel General - #40

This is thread for general discussion of Alita: Battle Angel.

Trailers
youtube.com/watch?v=mkZsFiVQQsk
youtube.com/watch?v=w7pYhpJaJW8

Rotten Tomatoes - Critics 60% Audience 94%
rottentomatoes.com/m/alita_battle_angel
IMDB - 7.6/10
imdb.com/title/tt0437086/

Production Cost and Box Office Sales Numbers
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=alita.htm

Previous Thread:

Attached: nxL3ZOY_V0B6519HLuR-B_RTAGxdhOPdpXtEHaV7RB0.jpg (1262x529, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lERw1jY72-0
youtube.com/watch?v=wVb3VqX6CiM&feature=youtu.be&t=171
mega.nz/#F!fzQUyIDb!imva6t8bWjdrFe3QmMZlwQ
i.imgur.com/nBuA4nd.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=Yo2FVtQoHJ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I just watched this garbage. If you are 20 years old or above, you should be ashamed for enjoying this garbage.

It's worse than Transformers.

Fuck off, comfy Simpsons thread

Best James Cameron movie since Total Recall, I loved it

me on the left

Attached: alitabar.webm (854x480, 2.96M)

youtu.be/lERw1jY72-0

The Chad Zapan
The Virgin Hugo

China/JP box office numbers when?

Attached: 1551031352226.jpg (2397x1386, 593K)

JUST

Have you thanked China yet?

Attached: 1549404571032.jpg (3200x1800, 865K)

Third viewing tonight i fucking live this movie!

CASPER VAN DIEN IS IN TOO, this film keeps throwing new shit at me everytime i love it

So the sequel is on, right?

Attached: 1551050454682.png (642x806, 516K)

i got hoodwinked into seeing this fuckin trainwreck and the only reason i can imagine why anyone likes this is because they wanna fuck the cgi girl

fuck you

Also me on the left

Attached: 1527823213071.jpg (210x240, 5K)

Perfectly reasonable and balanced critique. However, just want to point out that scarcely anyone claimed the movie followed the *Manga* closely, it's been rather repeatedly stated that it follows closer the OVA and takes some elements of the manga and combined them.

But I would agree with you that it would be better to declare this more as a "inspired-by" work than an adaptation. Regardless, on its own without taking the manga source into account, it's a solid film and is enjoyable in its own right unless you're a turbo aspie that can't deal with different things.

BOMBITA
O
M
B
I
T
A

Whats wrong with that? Better toe fungus feminists

too bad it was a shitty part.
poor old johnny

Attached: 1550714851188.gif (500x281, 1.38M)

I have never seen Yea Forums being so exited about a movie.
So this is the power of waifus, huh.

Attached: a83.jpg (285x279, 17K)

Was a cameo friend thing, pretty cool if you ask me

so why does she have huge eyes? is her whole face artificial or organic/human?

she embarrasses the alpha chad in front of the entire bar and goes home with the guy on the left

why can't she be real?

/fit/lita

Attached: DzfK1sYWwAEaTAm.jpg large.jpg (728x1076, 86K)

cute girls being cute will always get the attention of Yea Forums.

Attached: 7RtPcfS.png (597x379, 40K)

Panzer Cunt

She's a Martian

>Yea Forums
I'll bet this general is full of crossboarders. Like me.

Attached: E4zNpR7NnftPzcMJFJo6xoxaexsa2WAKseeHwrHnh8I.jpg (1200x502, 104K)

weapons grade waifuism

That's a perfectly valid reason though.

can someone post a good version of this frame? i need a new wallpaper

Oh yes. My normalfag friend won't shut the fuck up about Alita now. Truly, waifus are force more powerful than nuclear weapons.

Attached: 1520005723682.jpg (750x792, 479K)

CHINA NUMBER ONE

So does the manga ever get back to basics after Volume 6? This is not what I imagined the story to be.

no it's not you lonely faggots

and me! greetings from /d/

what do you mean a good version?

>GOD DAMMITTTT

Her only human body part is her brain and some nerve endings attached to it. The rest of her is bascially the T-800.

>tfw I've been in hugo's situation three times

Attached: 1523331264034.jpg (1080x1080, 196K)

>Mfw normalfags embrace waifus by the thousands after seeing this movie.
Part of the ship, part of the crew.

Attached: 1550958663017.jpg (782x782, 571K)

>my heart is yours user

Attached: heart.webm (850x800, 1.73M)

Attached: alita-battle-angel-chinese-movie-poster (6).jpg (500x800, 112K)

What did she mean by this?

Attached: Capture3.png (646x693, 481K)

just the frame from the movie, in a good resolution.
i keep seeing only edits

You got turned into a cyborg and fell to your death 3 times?

t. leftist retards

That's probably as good as you'll get (its kino as is) until the bluray comes out.

l-lewd

Ah, I don't think there is one of that frame specifically yet. Wasn't in the reviewers pack or whatever, and no BD out yet. Sorry chum, looks like you're gonna have to wait like the rest of us.

Yeah and the title is Alita: Fallen Angel
youtube.com/watch?v=wVb3VqX6CiM&feature=youtu.be&t=171

talking about her cybercervix

t. someone who didn't see the movie

So theoretically Alita would have literally no problem hooking up a big robot dick and fucking you like you were the girl in the relationship right? As a joke my friend wanted me to ask hhaha

To the user who made this, can you give Alita a little more opacity? Looks great, but as is she looks a little too solid for a hologram. Just a bit more.

>Perfectly reasonable and balanced critique

Most of it is complaining about shit that's not ever even mentioned in the first series and only makes a difference if you assume we're going to continue to Last Order, which it's safe to say we won't. Even if Alita becomes a huge hit and gets both sequels Cameron wanted, we are not going to go to space or Mars.

Change of Nova's role is valid criticism, however even that is riddled with nitpicks. Nova's age is never mentioned in the manga and we know for a fact that he's immortal, so he could easily have been around 300 years ago.

Man, I hate it when that happens

I was looking too, this was the best I could find.

Attached: 1549114851473.png (745x748, 882K)

no she's american

Attached: brit tits.jpg (1003x755, 60K)

Where the fuck is the OST? Is it out?

Well I say it's reasonable because it's coming from the perspective of somebody (presumably) deeply familiar with the root source material, which of course will give a completely different perspective than to most people who saw the movie who don't have that same perspective. It's a thing that can't be helped. People generally do the same thing for all things they are familiar with. Nitpicks are just going to happen.

But even with that in mind, the critiques are generally reasonable and outlandishly false or exaggerated. Nothing wrong with that.

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES!
THIS IS MY LAST RESORT!

Attached: alita-battle-angel-3.png (1000x563, 615K)

hint
search in the archives for "alita" and "mega.nz"

thanks user

It's on Spotify. The Motor all track is by far the best, followed by With Me and Raising the Sword

>he could easily have been around 300 years ago.

Or he brainwashed an URM berserker head to think he was her mortal enemy and set her loose for the the sake of entertainment to be distracted from his exterme boredom?

>the critiques are generally reasonable and outlandishly false or exaggerated
and NOT outlandishly false or exaggerated
FUCK

CHINA NUMBER ONE

I still have the link open in a tab.

mega.nz/#F!fzQUyIDb!imva6t8bWjdrFe3QmMZlwQ

Don't spread it around too much. Certain eyes might be watching.

*Motorball

she reminds me of that chick's avatar from ready player one

what is the thing with portraying fictional women with huge eyes and small chin?

Attached: art3emis.jpg (850x478, 73K)

Holy fuck she is adorable.

Attached: 1550772952351.jpg (768x432, 42K)

japan

I don't know about anyone else but, it's true in my case.

I found it.
Thanks anyway.

Attached: 1533870989485.jpg (1556x1378, 411K)

i.imgur.com/nBuA4nd.jpg

CHINA NUMBER ONE

I go and watch it again and when I come back I find that you filled up 4 more threads.

Here you go friend.

Attached: nBuA4nd.jpg (1600x900, 361K)

I HATE TO SAY THIS BUT...
CHINA NUMBER ONE!

Whatever, it's easy enough to re-upload right? I want to convert it to MP3s though.

Suffocation No breathing
Don't give a fuck if I cut my arm, bleeding

Attached: Screenshot_2.png (1139x836, 744K)

Attached: 1551047467248.jpg (882x960, 76K)

that's why the asian woman is one of the most desired while the asian men is the least desired

Alita is emulating the original design. With Ready Player One I think they were just trying to make everyone unique from each other and "big eyes = cute"

Attached: 1550947573294.jpg (884x977, 76K)

this scene reminded me of these edgy emo drawings that used to infest the internet in the last half of the 2000's

Attached: i give you my heart.png (500x455, 311K)

The power of viral marketing

>7 Captain Marvel threads up

but is ever mentioned in the manga that she is mildly grotesque compared to everyone else?

the eye flutter gets me bad

Attached: 1550978355303.png (1313x538, 94K)

She's not "mildly grotesque" in either the manga or the movie, you lout.

>7 threads up
And yet nobody want's to waifu her, lol

this is explained when she fights one of Lord Den's grunts, she fights so intensely she "whites out" and becomes pure battle instinct.

She just have octopus lips.

literally saw it today and hated every minute of it

Best place to read the manga online? mangadex has nothing

With what I've read so far everyone actually looks pretty unqiue from each other for the most part. I wouldn't say the artist has same-face issues. The aesthetic itself is just very 90s. Art style preferences change in manga and anime just like they do in comics and cartoons.

As for the movie her unique look fits fine with her origins, and in universe there are all kinds of different and crazy body types. The others we see in the movie happen to be much more robotic, but obviously people would be experimenting with more human like variations too, and just generally prettier variations of ideas like the doll body. Lore-wise for the movie it was pretty clear that her fellow moon soldiers had a similar appearance to Alita, so we can assume the Martian people use that body type for some reason. It's just a lot more striking than the heavily cyberized Iron City residents or natural human looking Zalem people.

Attached: 1550825775242.jpg (3840x2160, 2.36M)

How the fuck did they make her so cute

Attached: gSdjWEt.png (645x773, 58K)

its cute

I'm real happy they didn't adapt this detail

Alita rasga cabezas!

>Japanese soundtrack has two extra tracks not on the English release versions

...did it have a jpop ending instead of Swan Song?

I just saw it bros and I must say, it was incredible you guys weren't full of shit.

Attached: hide-the-pain-harold-trying-to-smile-meme-mobile-wallpaper-800x1280-20331-1387213964.jpg (426x426, 54K)

>martians are a bunch of nazi weebs

KEKED
I was really expecting Alitabar to have a mini redemption arc like Ido's wife and turn roguishly good so it was a nice surprise that he remained a ruthless bounty hunter throughout the movie with the opportunity to come back in the sequel.

Attached: aaylmao.jpg (720x405, 28K)

Probably because there isn't a way to make them look good in 3D.

>a woman's facial beauty is proportional to how much she looks like a toddler

Attached: brain.jpg (640x507, 76K)

CHINA NUMBER ONE

>that Motorball track
KINO.

Attached: 1539446690333.webm (1124x720, 2.84M)

big eyes ≠ toddler

fuck off pedo

I DONT KNOW ENGLISH SORRY BUT I LOVE ALITA SHE MY WAIFU

She's going BERSERK that's what

Attached: flan_of_victory.jpg (731x777, 200K)

Cutest butt

So, why are you guys saying SJWs are hating this movie?

Stumbled across the review from the Chicago Sun-Times. One of the negatives they put in is a claim of "the white-washing of certain key characters" with no follow-up.

The only person coming to mind is Jashugan who had like three seconds of screentime, is there anyone else? I could maybe see someone making that case since his character would have a bigger role later, but I don't get the impression the reviewer was thinking like that.

If anything they added more diversity, with Ido's assistant and the expanded roles of Hugo gang. What a shitbird.

Attached: 1550961295324.png (629x623, 607K)

toddlers proportionally do have big eyes compared to an adult, do you even know what neoteny is?

>CASPER VAN DIEN IS IN TOO
Ok when ?

/pol/ brain poisoning

It's just trolls. People acting like the Captain Marvel stuff is affecting Alita somehow. Just /pol/ trying to shit up the board more.

Critics are not people. Don't bother reading their mumbo jumbo.

after Venom and TLJ even the normiest of the normalfags does not have any reason to listen to them

the bad guy in ido's flashback

Fuck I missed that.

Barjack here we come. And if that goes well, we might just go to space and see more of Jupiter and Venus.

Attached: 0066-003.jpg (1093x1600, 447K)

Just so we're clear, he just crazily backhanded her in her chair and imploded her skull right? He was just kind of raging and then it cuts and the chair is knocked over

Maybe they're the kind of idiots who think all manga is set in Japan.

Even Vinland Saga and Attack on Titan.

I hope pic related gets the same treatment as Alita some day

as an action-comedy

Attached: md geist.jpg (720x480, 66K)

attack on titan has a live action made in Japan that made everyone butthurt because the cast is all asian and Mikasa was suppose to be the only asian inside the walls

中国第一!

Welcome to the club user!
You're now officially a man of culture and good taste.

He's too metal for the [current year].

Attached: HE'S JUST A SOLDIER.webm (640x480, 476K)

Yeah he was just rampaging around and she was in the way

We're gonna keep having generals until we figure it out!

Attached: 1550289437727.png (603x566, 434K)

Why not go with /ABA/?
/ABAG/ sounds all retarded and gay.

Based. I hope this is a huge hit in China and captain marlel does the last Jedi numbers in China.

cute

Attached: Picture1.png (547x425, 418K)

>t. not versed in the art of meme-making

>Why not go with /ABBA/?
Wrong movie m8.

Attached: MV5BMjEwMTM3OTI1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDk5NTY0NTM@._V1_.jpg (1293x2048, 2.84M)

Japan eats 5 times more fish than China despite being 12 times smaller. Are you fags sure it wouldn't be more than 10m?

Yeah, but while I understand that criticism, if they're going to do it in Japanese with a Japanese production company, they might as well use Japanese actors.

Now, if they'd gone and actually filmed it in German with subtitles, then I'd have given them massive respect. But as it is, I'm not going to complain about it.

I love the entire lack of fear in her eyes. It's not the classic
>Oh no I am monster how could I do this
wankfest it's just Alita fucking things up and not standing by in the face of evil

LOVE WILL FIIIIND A WAAAAY

Attached: R-2253785-1272542651.jpeg.jpg (600x597, 48K)

lolwut?

Attached: 1548213161485.jpg (1080x1080, 67K)

Yeah shes not afraid, but shes not sure what's going on, she's alert and surprised. You can see the difference between her conscious and unconscious mind.
Her facial expressions here are separated from her actions.

In the novel Alita intended to kill Grewishka during the street fight. He escapes down the hole into the underground and she's like "Damn another second and he would have been mine"

I loved how they made such a nonsense thing like a rocket hammer seem kinda realistic, like how someone would actually look fighting with an anime weapon and the consequences that go with it
>Gets off a few badass thundering blows but is for the most part super unwieldy and cumbersome

>How the fuck did they make her so cute

I rewatched it 4 times and the eyes are a total red herring. It's actually the lips that complete the picture. Otherwise she would've been deep in uncanney valley land. It's especially apparent in Hugo's scenes.

Attached: 1550971724144.png (1280x536, 1.04M)

There's no webms of it because it's a fucking disaster in every cam rip that's around, but I think the CG during the Grewishka taunting destroyed Alita scene might be the best face CG in the movie

>It's actually the lips that complete the picture.
Salazar's lips. Overall she has fascinating facial expressions.

Attached: 1549396408759.jpg (449x533, 40K)

Why did you go see it then?

>people talking about the novelization like it matters at all

Fuck that scene sounds horrible.

yeah, now that i think about that that scene was badly managed

At least until alita got ahold of it. The it was the best weapon possible.

When watching the pre-release stuff I thought Cameron might have been doing the generic PR thing when he was talking her up so much, but after seeing the movie the guy was being sincere

I really don't think everyone here is giving Rosa Salazar enough credit - her facial expression game is *ridiculously* strong. She really carries it. And then combine that with her sultry older yet still innocent sounding voice and you got the components of this nuclear waifu.

>youtube.com/watch?v=Yo2FVtQoHJ4

Attached: alita rosa comparison.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

>When Grewishka kills the dog
Glad the robodogs got to fuck him up a bit at least...

Attached: im even madder than this extremely mad reaction image.jpg (123x127, 4K)

THIS FUCKING MOVIE MADE ME CRY LIKE A LITTLE BITCH IN FRONT OF MY FEMALE CO-WORKERS WHO WENT WITH ME.

Attached: images(2).jpg (323x156, 5K)

Fucking literally nuclear too with that heart this movie is too powerful

Attached: cyberpupper.webm (854x480, 2.39M)

Just say you had a sister that died. Or be a man and embrace it and tell those fucking thots to choke on some bbc while you reach paradise here with us.

HILF

ackhtualley it's anti-matter powered which is totally different, though maybe the next movie will go into detail about why such powerful tech was tossed out a garbage dump

>theater starts to laugh when dog stands up to him
>he kills the dog
>everyone goes silent
If anyone had any illusions Alita was just your usual capeshit, they died at that moment.

I know it's autism from watching this movie 5 fucking times now but her angry expressions are so good. Fighting off Grewishka the first time looking exhausted, angry and confused. Her second fight with him. And laughing at MB brutality.

i like her creepy first crush ones with hugo. like when she first smiles at him looking coy.

>Tfw i will never expereince that

Attached: download.jpg (225x224, 9K)

>"HAH, the only one of you with any courage"
>SLICE
>*Cyborg Dogman with tears in his eyes*

Attached: 1476721451489.png (600x431, 331K)

lmao this literally happened a couple hours ago for me. It was the most packed audience so far but there was a lot of younger kids/parents in there so they totally fell for it thinking it was going to just be a cute gag.

Dafugg???

Attached: s-l300.jpg (218x300, 14K)

Yeah that was super painful
>ywn light up a girls face like she did when he first gave her that chocolate

Attached: 1541358834999.jpg (753x595, 23K)

CUTE

Attached: behind.webm (1280x720, 409K)

I finally saw this today, holy fuck is it terrible. I genuinely wanted and expected it to be good in SOME way but the line delivery, dialogue, and cast was so awkward and stunted. Almost no one in the cast had chemistry or looked good together, Alita and Zapan are the only interactions that felt natural.

It's essentially just a live action version of the OVA with more details but worse music, writing, structure, and character design.

The Motorball sequence and Ed Skrein were great though.

those are nice too. The voice cracks the giggles. god damn Rosa A+

My guess is that Ido was one of very few people who could recognise the old tech since everyone else seemed to have more of a mythological approach to the past.

The sequel will come

Attached: images.png (554x554, 22K)

Where is muh Alita nendo?

Attached: 1550984817193.jpg (309x422, 32K)

This is awesome. Not since Selena Gomez has Yea Forums actually liked a Latina for once. No goblina memes or nothing.

Attached: giphy.gif (480x202, 1.63M)

Good, they witnessed how powerful a true qt is.
Deep down inside they know they can never reach that standard themselves and will forever feel jealous.

Which one is based on the other ? (jap twitter icon in pic related)

Attached: 1550804059508.png (72x72, 9K)

>All the women at anons work start wearing glasses that give them bigger eyes to get his attention but he's to focused on seeing Alita again to care

also her nose and face are very asymmetrical making her very believable.

>Almost no one in the cast had chemistry or looked good together,
Alita and Ido. Alita and Hugo. The rest don't have chemistry because they fucking hate each other.

CHINA NUMBER ONE

I've known two women with an excitable emotive nature like that (both hispanic if that matters). Fell really hard for the first one because she had ayylmao eyes and knew better when I encountered the second one but was still positively enamored with her as well. Some girls just have that skill with emotive expressions, like with a musical instrument.

>user doesn't even realize it but he has suddenly turned into a total Chad who has the entire workplace trying to impress him, but he gives them zero attention and passes them without a glance.
>He only has eyes for his true love now.

Attached: 1550959824369.jpg (3774x2913, 2.26M)

The OVA was pretty clumsy too. They just kept all the clumsiness and added even more.

I didn't see this scene when I saw it at the theater. I was specifically looking for it and everything.

Attached: 1550958828841.jpg (555x406, 18K)

Vector just won an oscar it seems. Not that oscars really matter anymore.

They all have about as much chemistry as noble gasses.

"Aw, the only one with courage."

I get goosebumps everytime during that scene, when she wipes the dog's blood under her eyes.

She was really hot after she got her Beserker body.

I love it because a villain sneeringly murdering a dog should be the most hack writing way possible to give your bad guy cheap heat, but Alita immediately smearing it's blood on her face totally defuses that

>Otherwise she would've been deep in uncanney valley land.
She is deep in uncanny valley land, she looked terrible in the movie. The eyes were alright but everything else being CGI made it look like garbage.

>yfw “Fuck your Mercy!”

I was expecting Ido come and save her at that moment, so I really didn’t think she’d come back like that.

>I will not stand by in the presence of evil.

"I will not stand by in the presence of evil."

She thinks it to herself. Then she says it. Then she acts it. This is INTEGRITY. Integrity is congruence between thoughts, words, and actions. That's what makes the scene so powerful and inspiring.

What are your standarts ? There won't be another Thelma & Louise anymore you know.

Did you notice how she started wearing eyeliner right after? Not sure if you can see it here.

Attached: 1550992035867.png (1167x800, 1020K)

I thought it was memory.

HOW can the make this look hotter than when the average chick shows you her beat up cunt???

Its in the leaked directors cut of the film.

She grew up. That's how I felt the plot: baby/child in her porcelaine body, then adolescent/young woman in her berserker body.

>eyeliner

P U T A
U
T
A

And what didn't you like about it? I can imagine it was the breakneck pacing which on first viewing can confuse you and leave you lost. But believe me, everything is pretty consistent and followable. If it was the cheesy dialogue, it's a. based on an anime, and b. honest and sincere in its delivery. You just have to embrace it.

Unironcially because that scene was basically a metaphore fo teenage sex scene in everything but the visuals.

Attached: Capture.png (388x274, 187K)

>Alita and Ido. Alita and Hugo.
Alita and Hugo felt one-sided as fuck and her interactions with Ido were awkward. Cristoph Waltz had the right attitude/temperament for the part, but it didn't work at all.

You're not wrong but the OVA was still a lot smoother.

My standards are believable interactions.

The characters in gunnm were practically designed to interact awkwardly. As it’s ido trying to make his “little human girl waifu” doll and hugo not really caring that a tiny mostly robot loli has a massive puppy love crush on him because get organs to get to Salem.

The issue is they tried to keep elements of this and create new context for it, which failed utterly.

>her interactions with Ido were awkward.

In what way would you say? I thought it worked nicely. On first viewing I thought things were moving too fast if anything, but that was just me trying to keep up with the plot, visuals and actions. Everything flows much more smoothly on repeat viewing.

As for the Hugo subplot, I blame the actor looking like he just came off a live action Nickelodeon show. But otherwise it's just an adaptation of a naive anime Japanese girl archetype to the big screen - she is earnest and sincere to a fault and it shows in all her interactions. The bar speech was a prime example (even though part of her intention there was to invoke a fight with the patrons).

>three hundred pounds
>Ido carried her back to the lab like nothing
What?

oh

Attached: 1440635162270.gif (248x300, 424K)

Posted the wrong one.

Attached: 1550995176256.jpg (2655x1960, 2.02M)

> create new context for it, which failed utterly.

How so? Seriously, it works in this context because Alita is just as naive, honest and sincere as all hell. And she goes through her rebellious teenage phase as well, who wasn't awkward at that time in their lives?

having read the manga back in high school, i was gonna give it a shot but then they showed the retarded bug eyes and i lost all interest
yeah i get it, its a live action adaptation of a manga but that doesnt mean you need to give the main character the fucking bug eyes she has in the manga because in real life it just looks fucking weird

This is so fucked up, why did they think this would look good? The movie legitimately has very great VFX and the cyborgs with the mix of human and mechanical parts looked really good, but Alita (besides her face) just stands out in a really bad way. She's like 95% CGI.

>As it’s ido trying to make his “little human girl waifu” doll and hugo not really caring that a tiny mostly robot loli has a massive puppy love crush on him because get organs to get to Salem.
It worked for Ido imo, but even if they missed that important and cruel part about Hugo, the couple worked rather well, she has no one else to rely on.

It looks really good in the movie itself. For the most part, that's one thing people who love and (honestly not hate this movie can agree on.

Stop lying faggot not one is buying it

Because it does, it really does.

>here's your alita bro

Attached: 1551063703351.gif (300x300, 1.81M)

I like how she reaches into his neck and pulls him by the throat. Nice touch.

Bonbi is cgi too wtf are you talking about.

>Show is trending and reaching shutting down doubters everywhere.
>Still concerned with the eyes and not giving it a chance.

based retardbro.

really? cause from what i've seen its not, add to that she's more cg than anything, sticks out like a sore thumb in an already cgi shitfest

>it went back down to 59%
FUCK

Alita haters are extra salty tonight

>can see the strings holding her up
guess I'm not gonna see the movie

>As for the Hugo subplot, I blame the actor looking like he just came off a live action Nickelodeon show.
Yeah, he looked terrible and it didn't help at all that they tried to make him look scrappy and badboy-esque.
>The bar speech was a prime example
The bar speech was weird, it's like the movie couldn't figure out who they wanted Alita to be. Her whole arc was confused and she didn't really seem to have a personality separate from the other characters (I think the OVA might've been like that too though).
>In what way would you say? I thought it worked nicely.
I don't know or how to explain it, I kind of want to watch the movie again (even though I thought it was terrible). Is there a camrip out?

It looks "good" when she's by herself and not around actual humans.

I also thought the eyes looked off until I saw the movie. In the movie she's cute as fuck.
It's strange but it actually works very well and you don't even think about her being CGI or looking off in any way after the first minute.
I don't think the screenshots or short webms do her justice.

>caring about the """"critics"""" side

WHATS MY NAME, LITA?

Hugo deserved death

im not keen on the movie myself but
>critics
>ever caring about what they say when their job is to tear a movie apart and bitch about how its not perfect like their out of print 30's silent french art films

He didn't fly so good

Attached: 1446932248887.jpg (470x706, 87K)

FACE GAME
EXPRESSIONS GAME
BIG EYES GAME
BRAPPER GAME
PIT GAME
FOOT GAME
DOCUMENTED CITIZENSHIP GAME

IS THERE ANYTHING SHE CANT DO?!?!?!

I mean she's a cyborg - she needed that cg to show it. Besides, the CG and what's real blends pretty damn seamlessly. Just give it a watch.

The movie wanted Alita to be an innocent and naive, yet with undertones of bloodthirst. Plus, she grows up through the movie. She is born as a child in Ido's kid's body. She experiences the world, falls in love, etc. Her innocence is figuratively and literally smashed at the bar scene and ensuing Grewishka fight (she naively tries to get the cynical hunter warriors to fight for her justice, and learns that just won't happen), and then gets torn to shreds.

She is reborn in a more mature and integrated person with her berserker body. That symbolizes an integration of her martial warrior past with her current present, and her transformation into the titular angel who will redeem iron city.

>Hugo was a total faggot who threw away his second chance at life.

Agreed.

Fuck it's 1975 all over again !

fuck you for making me laugh out loud at baneposting i though i escaped this hell

>30's silent french art films

the only 30's films those critics know are the snow white and steamboat willie

>the modern critic
>caring about old films

No, they're outright on the mousejew's payroll to keep shitty film formulas alive.

Thanks to Alita cape directors have to actually start thinking up new ideas.

Their job is to say something. There's practically nothing to really say about this movie. The plot is a serviceable mess, the character work is flat and trite, the ending is obvious and expected, the action sequences are all devoid of any actual danger or tension, the writing is sloppy but functional, and the CGI is pretty, but not pretty enough to keep the movie on it's feet. As any critic (or living entity) has seen tons of pretty CGI.

The main thing the manga (and anime in general) had going for it was all the intensity of expression and characterization, but the movie scales that all way back and there really isn't anything left of note without it. Which is why hollywood adaptations of anime keep failing. For if you're going to ignore the main selling point, why even bother?

Which is why all the reviews descend into jabbering nonsense.

Why didn't they just get the girl that played Koyomi to play Alita? Why the did James Cameron decide the Mars people had big eyes?
And Hugo was fucking terrible, why did they remove the story about his brother? His death felt meaningless.

Alita is literally MGR Raiden. We need a Platinum Alita game.

I am pretty sure today's crop of trolls complain about literally every movie that comes out.

I'm also suspect few of them have seen the film.

>the action sequences are all devoid of any actual danger or tension
>things that never happen
Only Wolverine died to this day.

Hugo is the best side character in the movie lol. He just had goofy lines and looked a bit too clean for the part.

>Her innocence is figuratively and literally smashed at the bar scene
>She is reborn in a more mature and integrated person with her berserker body.
Yeah, that stuff was obvious, I just mean the movie flip-flops between her wanting to be her own person and being subservient/accepting what other people tell her/told her to do. Her remembering who she is before the movie is over doesn't help either, her only personality trait is being aggressive sometimes.

It's a moral victory if it gets to - and stays at - 60%

l-lewd

The only good character in the movie was Zapan.

>Why the did James Cameron decide the Mars people had big eyes
There is only one cute young girl character in the OVA, gally, so he confused it for a character trait. Then if you read the manga, there is, again, only a single cute young girl character until volume three. Then it actually goes back to just gally again for volume four, and there isn't another cute young girl character until kyomi comes of age and starts hanging out with barjack and Den. Then after that a grand total of a fourth cute young girl character is introduced as ido's new loli. Then they introduce brain-chip clones of gally. Then it ends suddenly. So if its your only exposure to anime/manga, you could, if you were entirely up your own ass, confuse the large eyes for a character trait.

China number one

This is literally every troll review on Yea Forums, of every movie that comes out.

Why don't they just copypasta it, and use it movie after movie?

"muh Criterion Collection!" ; )

You can't start a fucking movie with the main character sitting armless and legless in a junk pile for 300 years and expect the audience to think she is ever in any danger of dying.

No it's not. Look at Nu-Wars critic reviews, what they say means nothing.

Attached: 1453962779228.jpg (402x480, 21K)

>she reminds me of that chick's avatar from ready player one

I thought the same but not about Alita but her Martian senpai from flashbacks, I guess because they were always shown as strong and leading.

Also Alita's bed scenes were criminally cute, good thing the movie had like 4 different ones.

Hope you owned it and made those bitches uncomfortable.
Best way ever for having to deal with office hoes.

Because it works. She looks cute as hell, but you never forget she is a cyborg.

The stupidity of some posters is amazing. :/

>So if its your only exposure to anime/manga, you could, if you were entirely up your own ass, confuse the large eyes for a character trait.
But he intentionally only gave it to URM soldiers, not all the girl characters. Why? Also
>character is nicknamed/referred to as "octopuslips"
>casts a lipless woman and emphasize her eyes

what's funny is that even when they really shit on the movie nobody in here is getting super butt blasted by it. People are actually talking to them about their complaints. It's almost like people genuinely like this movie??? Good thoughts to the faithful.

That's the struggle between what she was and who she's becoming

She is literally the only martian in the entire original run of the manga. So you could think ever "cute young girl" is also a martian. But you'd have to be entirely up your own ass.

OVA or Manga?

>She looks cute as hell, but you never forget she is a cyborg.
Her having a fucking robot body would be enough to know she's a cyborg. We could tell with literally every other cyborg and they didn't have fuckhuge eyes.

>meatbag virgin
so can cyborgs fugg each other?

FUCK YOU WEEBS I DIDNT ASK FOR THIS AGHHH ALITA PLS BE MINE

No, they really aren't trying to talk about it. if you criticize literally any aspect of the movie you'll get a response from some COMPLETELY RANDOM NATIVE 4CHANNELER stating that "[criticism] actually wasn't a problem and worked well in fact."

Saw it again today. Enjoyed it even more this time.

jimbo made hugo as dull and as boring as possible with little to no screentime presence because hugo is just a prop and jimbos watered down drab self insert

in jimbos personal film cut jimbo plays the main love role, obviously. he filmed all those scenes in private and for his lone viewing pleasure.

jimbos exclusive cut plays out more like toradora than what we have in the theater

only him and his alita life sized animatronic have seen it

Read the damn manga you fool.

manga. the OVA is quite bad.

>in jimbos personal film cut jimbo plays the main love role, obviously

Someone I saw it with unironically thought he was Nova until Norton took the glasses off

Alita is love.

Attached: 1538633874545.jpg (2048x2048, 1.26M)

But maybe that's what was good. Give her any body and she will wreck everything on her path.

She didn't become anyone though, and it felt entirely random. There was no real development it was just "she's aggressive in this scene" and "she's gonna act like a spineless bitch in this scene" with no build up or subtleties.

Not in the close-ups. Or in the long shots- especially when she has the beserker body.

No other cyborg looked remotely as human as her, except other beserkers in the flashbacks.

Plebeians whine at Oscar thread.
Patricians enjoy Alita thread.

I love this so much.

we're gonna hit 50 generals before the week is out, aren't we?
100 by next week?

>its good for the main character of an action movie to be invulnerable

Attached: 71584574-352-k895278[1].jpg (352x550, 36K)

Stop. You are simply embarrassing yourself.

mostly because every other cyborg was naked. alita was the only one that even really tried to wear clothing.

Beautiful.

I dont have ImdbPro and dont have access to the age stats for the move rating there so let me try to collect some here: if you liked/loved the movie reply with your age.

Not implying anything, just wanna a vertical slice of the demographic.

Attached: 1531660272336.png (820x312, 36K)

CHINA NUMBER ONE

shit man, what the fuck type of pisspoor clickfarm are you working for

>Alita has no depth
>Characters are not allowed to flip flop
>my slow brain can't keep up therefore it bad

t. armchair movie critic

Nah m8, just personal interest.
I didnt like the movie at all, I found it very bland, cheesy and the badly done love interest line literally killed mood for me. But seeing how there i still a lot of people who liked it I was curious if I'm just too old and cranky

That's not entirely true. She starts of naive and open, only subconsciously switching to her berserker mode as the situation warranted. The big example is the first fight with the murderer cyborgs - she was fighting entirely on instinct.
As she became aware of this ability she became more rebellious and cocky, still relying heavily on instinct to carry her through. She believes she is beyond Idos reproach when she went and became a hunter warrior and is cut down for it.

This helps her mature again, and by the time she gets her berserker body, she begins to more consciously control her fighting ability, using it as she wills rather than relying on her Martian instincts. It also has the effect of showing her integration of her new civilian and teenage personality of Alita with her berserker past.

You do need some sort of justification for sudden character 180s.

>Man of Steel
>every fucking Western
>etc
At least Alita started from zero with no memory and a fragile body, then evolved.

Has it leaked yet? These are some clean clips.

>her berserker mode
fuck, this pile of shit already has headcanoneers

Read the manga you fuck. If you even can read.

There were no character 180s. You are just noise at this point.

man of steel was bad, my brown friend. Western protagonists are always considered regular people with guns. The only exceptions being spoof/parody characters.

>No other cyborg looked remotely as human as her, except other beserkers in the flashbacks.
are you retarded

But that's literally spelled out in the movie fucktard. If you want me to be specific, she relies on PanzerKunst and her Martian training. Stopped getting wrapped up in semantics

Fuck the magna, you weeb! : )

>there were no flaws u are noise
that's a pretty noisy post right there, yo.

CHINA NUMBER ONE

and its shockingly bad writing for literally every piece of relevant martian tech to just be lying around for 300 years until alita gets a hold of it.

Kinda disappointed based mushroomhead Clive Lee is just a generic Asian dude in the bar fight and motorball chase. Was looking forward to this scene.

Attached: 135843.png (708x608, 488K)

>Western protagonists are always considered regular people with guns
Oh come on. When you watch a Western starring Clint, you perferctly know he will win. And not only Clint, the hero never dies.

If you obscure the face, alita was the only cyborg character with human proportions.

manga purists officially now more annoying than box office doomsayers and general haters

I must have missed the movies where clint wandered through a desert with no water for 300 years before strolling into a town.

>anyone who criticize moobee am want zeor change frum nip comics!!!

At least have the good sense to acknowledge none of the changes deepened or improved the material.

>shockingly bad writing
>shockingly

Just neck yourself, already.

The movie explains that what was usable by a people who survived 2 apocalypses was stripped and sold - everything else was beyond them. Plus the only usable piece of Martian tech we see besides alita herself is hidden behind an possibly impenetrable energy shield that only repsonds to Alita.

Also this is besides the point.

You're tired user and your arguments are weak. I'm tired too. Have a good night.

NEXT THREAD

>110472171

NEXT THREAD

>110472171

NEXT THREAD

>110472171

NEXT THREAD

>110472171

NEXT THREAD

You've said your bit 35 threads ago. We understand why you don't like it. What I understand you why you're still here.

its so hilarious to see shills complain about samefagging. How do you operate with so little self-awareness? You should have trouble not forgetting to breathe at that level.

I get it, you want to fuck the robot, I do too. But the movie was a clumsy awkward mess.

Nigga I'm not talking about her fucking fighting, I'm talking about Alita as a character
She goes from
>I'll do whatever you say, Ido
>I'm not your daughter Ido, fuck you.
>Nvm, I love you, Ido
>Here Hugo, take my priceless ancient one of a kind heart and use it to go to Zalem
>"Thank you, father"
and it just kind of happens. There's no further examination of her feelings, no rumination, she just does stuff.

>ur arguments are weak!
>t. man with no arguments

Whatever. See you in the next thread.

Purists, how do you propose we implement pic related?

>NEXT THREAD
>
NEXT THREAD

NEXT THREAD

NEXT THREAD

NEXT THREAD

>those typos

Attached: 6ae4aaf0ccbf7d52fe63570034d423e8.jpg (1080x452, 30K)

>(((cape directors))) have to actually start thinking up new ideas.
They won´t, they CANNOT.
Jews never come up with something new or creative, the friggen reptiles can just copy and steal.
And bullshit their way out, when getting caught doing it.

>alita was the only cyborg character with human proportions.
Was her body, head, and hair not entirely rendered in CGI? The only human looking thing about her were (some) parts of her face. Zapan and all the other extraneous cyborgs felt more human than her.

CHINA NUMBER ONE

You're really, really bad at following dead simple characterization.

yea, just keep insisting the movie is completely flawless.

That’s not what happens, though. At the beginning she’s naive and trusting of Ido. But we can see some hints of independence like the terse way she responds when he asks her not to wander too far, or when she returns home and argues with him. She grows suspicious of him being the serial killer, showing her strong sense of morality overriding even her strong sense of loyalty. She downright tells him “I’m not your daughter”, and complains to Hugo about Ido being too controlling. When he doesn’t give her the berserker body, she rebels and tries to do things on her own. He rebuilds her and trusts in her more and in turn she’s humbled and gratified, treats ido a lot better (kissing him on the cheek, cuddling up to him) and grows to see him as her father.
It’s classic relationship development, not sure how you missed this.