You have ten seconds to name a modern musical artist at the same level of popularity and acclaim as Kendrick who makes...

You have ten seconds to name a modern musical artist at the same level of popularity and acclaim as Kendrick who makes music as good as him.
>inb4 Kanye
Kanye debuted in the mid-2000s, he's still popular but only because of his antics, no one actually thinks Donda or JIK is as good as his earlier albums.

Attached: 1800.jpg (930x558, 15.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dMCAEUb0h34&t=52s
reddit.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>acclaim
There's the rub, I can't find anyone more critically acclaimed than the second coming of black Jesus himself Kendrick lamar

>You have ten seconds to name a modern musical artist at the same level of popularity and acclaim as Kendrick
I can't, well done

Donda was pretty well loved I don't know where the fuck you're hearing it wasn't, buttmad normies who don't like his politics don't count.

Kendrick's last good album was TPAB. Since then he's sucked.

he has only had one album since TPAB lol. UU was an EP comp of TPAB b-sides and the other thing was a film soundtrack that he just "curated", wasn't even his music.

This nigga lookin' ZESTY, this nigga lookin' MOIST, he's got sugar in his tank, he's light on his feet, he's a lil bit fruity, he plays for the other team, he dances at the other end of the ballroom, this nigga theatrical, this nigga good with colors, this nigga gonna coordinate yo curtains wit you cushions and that shit gonna look good! This nigga lifts shirts, this nigga on the down low, this nigga be a toilet trader, this nigga gardens uphill, this nigga packs fudge, he's a friend of Dorothy, he feels the love that dare not speak its name, he loves to dance, he's of the Uranian brotherhood, this nigga indulges in the French vice, this nigga has an antipathic sexual instinct, this nigga fluent in Polari, he's a refugee from Sodom, he's on the wrong bus, he bats for the other team, he's temperamental, this nigga be a man’s man, this nigga close to his mother, this nigga aint someone you want to turn your back on, this nigga went to art school, be careful with your soap around this man, this nigga intends to adopt, he’s a reverse engineer, he’s a rear admiral, this nigga eschews the front door, this nigga’s dog fits in a purse, this nigga smells good, you can trust this nigga with your sister, this nigga name Jeremy. What I’m trying to say is he's 'one of them'...if you catch my drift.

Kendrick is a talented rapper but it's not good music. What's good in it is just sampled from actual good music. Can't believe this white kid idolizing da black kulcha man shit is still so prevalent.

The funny thing with Kendrick, is the people that should listen to his message (Hoodrat single moms and in/out of jail losers) would never give his music a chance becuase of his beat choices and how he be looking like a crackhead half the time.

kendrick is lame. xxx was more influential and i dont like either of their shit

kys

Taylor Swift

Drake
>champagne papi

T Swizzle been dunking on this lil niggle his whole career.

youtube.com/watch?v=dMCAEUb0h34&t=52s

Kendrick is good, but according to RateYourMusic he is literally the single greatest rapper of all time. I can't say I agree with that, we need to slow our roll a bit

The Weeknd
>hasn't missed in 9 releases

Cope, it's been 6 years and he hasn't demonstrated at all that he still even remotely has his past ability.

His music is dreadful. Maybe it's because I didn't grow up listening to rap, but I have standards.

Attached: george_costanza.jpg (150x200, 12.85K)

Bad Bunny

This

i started making a list of all the modern rappers better than kendrick but realized itll take too long so ill just list the l.a. rappers with recent releases that are better

roddy rich
yg
schoolboy q
vince staples

kendrick is about as good as t-pain

Lol
Lmao, even

>You have ten seconds to name a modern musical artist at the same level of popularity and acclaim as Kendrick who makes music as good as him.
Define “modern” before you reject every reasonable picks here.

first album was released in the 2010s

A$AP Rocky

Acclaim is meaningless today when critics are openly and shamelessly injecting their far-left politics into their reviews. You bring up Kanye for example, he went from the most acclaimed artist in music to getting panned every time he releases simply because he praised Trump and wore a MAGA hat. Yes his music did dip in quality around that time, but not to the extent that critics were pretending it did. If they didn't have a vendetta against him then Donda would have at least gotten similar reviews to TLOP.

>You have ten seconds to name a modern musical artist at the same level of popularity and acclaim as Kendrick who makes music as good as him.

Attached: c33.png (378x374, 10.97K)

you'd be surprised how much of TPAB and DAMN are entirely original instrumentation.

>but only because of his antics, no one actually thinks Donda or JIK is as good as his earlier albums
reddit.com/
and stay there.

they're not. ye's ability to actually rap took a huge nosedive when Yeezus came out and has never recovered. there have been great moments on every Kanye album since but none of them have come from an increasingly-embarassing Kanye. man needs to go back to his ghostwriters or something because what he's doing is not working

Off the grid went hard.
His last future feature was passable.
He is not as hated as people think..
He still won two Grammys from donda that's pretty damn good.
Multiple YouTube Twitter etc critics loved donda saying it's his best since Tlop.
Only pitchfork, rolling stone, media crony reviewers disliked donda and noone really listens to their opinions anymore.

reddit.com/
and stay there.

test

>His last future feature was passable.
"we did it joe, but what they really do?" alone is more profound and transgressive than kendrick's entire discography.

My generation's top 5

Jack White a GOD obvious number one

He is so far gone, but he was perfect.

kim petras

segregate the races

I fucking loved that line

The hive mind says he's the best
...Beep...Baap...Boop...I have adapted.

the music he wrote for keem was better.
But he is stuck in the conscious rap box.
So, he will never make music like that again himself.

Donda was good. But yeah, Kendrick is the guy right now.

keem is straight trash. I hate his voice and the normalfag losers who like him.

Idiots like carti and young thug are trash but leagues ahead of that fag keem

MGK. Say what you will, but he's been producing chart topping music the last 10 years, has spanned multiple genres, has a hotter wife then Kendrick, and isn't a manlet.

Attached: MGK-Waka-Flocka-in-Wild-Boy-machine-gun-kelly-28869340-737-330.png (737x330, 352.79K)

Peggy

Jay Z all day over kendrick

Attached: freddie.jpg (474x316, 16.77K)

Death Grips

ARE WE WORKIN?
IS THERE TOO MUCH WORK?
EVERYBODY WORKIN
NO ONE WORKIN
WE ALL PRAYIN FOR WORK

Freddie Gibbs is great, but I feel like he's said all he has to say already. All his new shit sounds kind of recycled.

MGMT > Kendrick Lamar

& it's not even close

>popularity and acclaim
opinion disregarded
Popularity and critical acclaim are huge red flags

>play droning organ riff
>sing about designer purses over it
>do this again 20 more times
lol both dondas were garbage. Glad you finally found a pop star who shares your abhorrent chud views but I'm afraid he's been past his prime for well over 10 years.

Damn no one took the bait

MGK is good. So is Trippie Redd and his new upcoming artist K suave

uh huh

Lean

Attached: leandoer.jpg (500x500, 65.21K)

You're right
the new single is incredible

>no one actually thinks Donda or JIK is as good as his earlier albums.
they do lol. donda is easily better than tcd

so unfortunately true. retards all avoid kendrick like the plague.

dipshit alert