When did the Oscars stop rewarding artistic and technical merit and starting rewarding obedience to global elites?

When did the Oscars stop rewarding artistic and technical merit and starting rewarding obedience to global elites?

Give the exact year.

Attached: oscars.jpg (400x400, 195K)

I don't know, I'm not obsessed with a private circlejerk ceremony among society's self-proclaimed elites.

There was no singular moment, it's a slow year by year category by category fade in. First only the major categories got infested with the twitter politics, now there is not a single category left untouched.
They stopped caring so much that 5 technical categories won't even be aired this year

Guillermo del Toro bitched about it and they put the categories back in.

>5 technical categories won't even be aired this year
how is this garbage even three hours?

12 Years a Slave winning best picture, whatever year that was.
It was always there but it became official then.

This was the beginning of the end. Yes it didn't kill it overnight but it created the seed of the idea that you could spout bullshit by using the Oscar's as a platform.

Attached: 776025_ori.jpg (587x880, 127K)

2003 with Return of the King. It was the last time a good movie that did really well at the box office won best picture. All down hill since

Except 12 Years a Slave is kino. The Academy’s fixation with being woke as far as race is concerned goes back at least to 1968 when In the Heat of the Night won.

I'm still struggling to understand why actors who are simply reciting words like trained monkeys are somehow more worthy of fame and praise than CGI artists who literally create lifelike worlds out of nothing.

cause they're famous and millionaires, you fucking pleb.

Do people even care about the Oscars at all any more? It’s not just the disgusting political stuff, but they just shower themselves with all sorts of extravagant presents for the “achievement” of helping the jews maintain their global empire

Attached: 68AD35F1-5C2F-49C4-A982-B4C64FA91F63.jpg (683x1024, 82K)

During Obama's second term. Change my mind.

Since time of memorial

Brando is the exception because Brando's ego was so massive.

It was bad before that but yeah, the left threw aside all pretension of not wanting to completely ruin everything. They genuinely thought Romney was the last, best hope for the right and with him defeated that it was an eternal leftist world forever and ever

He was trying to copy the award refusal two years earlier by George C. Scott, who actually had a respectable reason to turn it down. Brando already had an Oscar and was probably just attention whoring.

hypnosis musical acts

i'm excited to watch others make fun of it, because that's where my life is right now.

Now that I think about it, I'd actually respect Black Panther if the nominees rejected the award to protest whites. I think it would be hilarious to see tonight. But they'll accept it, Unless A Star is Born wins

He oversaw the acceleration of SJW insanity into the mainstream. I want to say 2015, with gay marriage, was a huge wind in their sails. They thought it was open season on every little social issue or "injustice" they could come up with and never fathomed the US would actually deal them a setback for their hubris.

after Obama got elected

In a year when Crush got award.

*Crash

Did you forget about Crash?

long before 2000

Fuck Drumpf speeches