Watched a bunch of MCU flicks lately

Can anyone tell me why Yea Forums hates them so much? Are the ones I haven't seen just really shit? As far as I have seen, almost none of them are bad movies at all.

Iron Man: Really fucking good, 8/10
Iron Man 2: Kinda forgettable but still good, 6/10
Iron Man 3: Really good, 7.5/10

Captain America The First Avenger: Average, 5.5/10
Captain America The Winter Soldier: Great, 8.5/10
Captain America Civil War: Entertaining for the most part, everything after the airport sequence was pretty kino, 6.8/10

The Avengers: Can't say much about this one, it is very entertaining on the first watch but gets boring on rewatches, 5/10
The Avengers Age of Ultron: Same as the last one, entertaining on the first watch, gets boring on rewatches only difference is that this one is not even that entertaining on the first watch either, this one was pretty shit if I'm honest, 4.8/10
The Avengers Infinity War: Pretty damn good, though slightly overrated, 7.7/10

Guardians of the Galaxy: Panders alot to the reddit crowd but it's still pretty good, 7.1/10
Guardians of the Galaxy 2: Also panders to the reddit crowd and arguably even more than the last one, some moments are unbearable. It is the first MCU film that looks visually stunning, however and for the most part it's probably my favorite out of all of the MCU films, 8/10

Attached: crab.png (600x600, 662K)

Another capeshit thread. Just what Yea Forums needs.

>Not answering my question
Just tell me why you think MCU films are bad.

Yea Forums, as with every other board, likes to hate anything that normies or Reddit like. Most of the capeshit isn't that bad, but there are a few that are below average or forgettable. Thor 1 and 2 are extremely forgettable, but Thor 3 is actually kino regardless of how "Reddit" Yea Forums thinks it is. Your GotG reviews are spot on though, and the avengers do get a little overrated. The truth is capeshit is a very successful market for Marvel right now and they could he doing a fuck ton worse. Captain Marvel might be the beginning of everything turning to shit like Star Wars though if the company starts shaming its fanbase.

some of them are mindless fun if you're like 13 year old.
I can't really understand how a grown ass man can go crazy about those flicks

>rewatches

Attached: 1546385174515.jpg (250x250, 11K)

Guardians of the Galaxy is Reddit: The Movie. Also you haven't watched the only MCU movie that matters, Black Panther.

Yea Forums hates. Post more crabs.

Not that guy but I'll bite

>cookie cutter, all generic
>cuts down events until they're unrecognizable
>homogenizes issues and stories in the character's personal lives so that's it's palatable to NPC audience (Tony Stark's alcoholism, Hank Pym's domestic abuse, Reed Richard's infidelity and accidental murder of his children)
>villains are 2 dimensional and have no motives other than to do evil shit (with the exception of Thanos)
>storylines excise the X-men because Disney is too cheap to give Fox a cut despite the X-men being integral to many events
>Hires uggos like Brie to play attractive heroes (personal opinion inb4 incel)

hi Jamal

yikes

>Iron Man 3: Really good
No it isnt. It's fucking stupid. Why can Rhodes one punch KO bad guys and shoot cables with Hawkeye accuracy?

Simply put they don't appeal to or strive to be anything that I value to make for a thought/feeling provoking movie experience.

I've seen 3 disney movies in the past 10 years and that was already more than I needed to see to understand what they do.

Congratulations you watched the same film 10 times and wasted over 30-40 hours of your time watching something that is meant to be mindlessly consumed.

Once you've watched a few marvel flicks you've watched them all.

Quirky origin to the plot, quip, establish villain, serious moment, quip, action set piece, quip, hero almost loses, wins, quip, triumphant music, credits, then after credit scene.

It's formulaic as fuck and liking it is completely your prerogative, but just know you're watching complete garbage.

>>cookie cutter, all generic
Not really, watch Iron Man 2 and then watch GotG for an example. Completely different tone, story and style.
>>cuts down events until they're unrecognizable
I don't care about muh comics and adaptations really shouldn't stick to the source material too much. Some of the best adaptations never follow the book very closely.
The rest of your points are more subjective so I can't really comment on that.

>5.5/10
>average
70-79% is average. Not 55%.

Anyway, the movies are mostly "quality" assembled products for mass consumption. They have absolutely monopolized the large theater release cycles and bodied out all possibility of smaller films coming in. Getting distribution for "risky" i.e. unique or new intellectual properties is almost impossible, so many potentially great new films never even get made. A Marvel film with a 200 million dollar budget is almost a guaranteed 600 million+ return, sometimes far more. A smaller budget more unique film which has no name/brand recognition with the masses might cost 20 million to make, and if it's successful it'll take in maybe 60 million. Chances of success are viewed as less guaranteed than the bigger film, so the possibility the 200 million dollar film makes roughly 0 dollars is almost 0, but it is possible for a 20 million dollar film to be a total flop and lose 18 million or something.

Plus, there's the entire advertising and toy thing linked in with it. Marvel films make a lot more money outside of the theaters than some random film which could become critically acclaimed.

There are a lot of monetary reasons why large studios would monopolize theaters with gigantic releases, and as long as people keep supporting them, you're unlikely to get something neat, new, unique. When Star Wars broke into theaters originally, it had a lot of competition. It took a few weeks of rave reviews before it really snowballed into a monster that stayed in theaters all summer and became a phenomenon. The possibility that Disney would take a similarly risky film, give it a broad release in a crowded summer market, and give it the breathing room to take off is nonexistent. They are slinging products, pure and simple.

For fans of these movies, this is fine and they don't understand why others have a lot of issues with it. If you enjoyed going to theaters to roll the dice on something new, you're fucked.

5.5 is literally the average out of 10 points you absolute mathlet

Quality post.

Retard, 50% on a 100% scale is literally below average, if films usually hover around the 60-70% range then 50% is below average. And with how shit movies are today, you know that means its fucking abysmal.

Its the median you stupid retard, not the mean. I know you didn't go to school or learn anything, but on what grading scale (and this IS a grading scale OP was using) was a 55% anything other than a complete and utter failure?

Attached: 00.png (500x533, 57K)

Your problem is you are watching films aimed at 11 year olds

This post is retarded
>Quirky origin to the plot, quip, establish villain, serious moment, quip, action set piece, quip, hero almost loses, wins, quip, triumphant music, credits, then after credit scene.
I can't even think of one film that follows this formula, Iron Man and it's sequels don't have this, Captain America and it's sequels don't have it, GotG 1 and 2 don't have it. Avengers 1 and 2 kinda have it I guess ut those two are made by the same director and that is his style pretty much.
It feels like you have never seen these movies and just mindlessly repeat what Yea Forums tells you

they fail at the one thing that they have no right to, showing cool fights with cool guys with cool powers. its all very lazy and uninspired except the first iron man and maybe the second

Iron man trilogy was made long before the formula was set in stone. Notice how you keep referring to those movies even though they were like 5 years before the cinematic universe took root. Literally watched ragnarok 2 months ago on netflix and it absolutely followed that formula, and are you telling me that GoTG doesn't have quips every 5 seconds?

You're joking right?

>average and median are mutually exclusive
yeah don't even bother replying to my posts ever again you fucking mouth breather

Someone failed statistics or never took it. You are a mongoloid and it seems you are upset because you are getting blown the fuck out in your own shitty thread.

Think it through next time.

The fights scenes in the Ant-Man movies are pretty fun and original, considering I can't think of a single other film that uses the shrinking/enlarging of props and characters as action beats

>Notice how you keep referring to those movies even though they were like 5 years before the cinematic universe took root.
Okay, so following you the formula began in 2013 (5 years after Iron Man), The Winter Soldier and Iron Man 3 are both completely different movies and neither follow that formula.
That guy isn't me.

because each film is just a trailer for the next one, the concept of a "cinematic universe" is creatively bankrupt and the Marvel films from before the MCU were much better

No the iron man trilogy as a whole is not representative of when the MCU actually became formulaic. That trilogy they actually took risks and made competent films to jumpstart the entire universe. It isn't until now that these films are predictable and just aren't worth watching.

>Reviewers use a completely retarded nonsensical curve and you should too

>creatively bankrupt

nice buzzword

this
capeshit used to be bad from the start but now it's completely unremarkable garbage that is quickly forgotten as soon as the next iteration of the same thing comes along

Alright, Ant-Man and GotG are also completely different and both came out during the time when they (following you) became "formulaic"

Guardians of the galaxy is a literal quip fest that follows that formula to a tee. Never saw ant man but I bet it has the same basic structure that I laid out.

he's not talking about reviewers he's talking about exam grades which is even more retarded. if someone only gets half of the answers right on a test then that should be a failing grade, but if a 10 is a literally perfect movie and a 0 is the worst movie ever produced than a 5-6 would be an average movie

>because each film is just a trailer for the next one
They're really not, the only time they truly hint at something for the next film is in the post credits sequences.
>and the Marvel films from before the MCU were much better
What the fuck? Besides Raimi Spiderman and maybe Blade 1 and 2 (Though those films were pretty mediocre), all marvel films pre-MCU were pretty shit.

>Iron man trilogy was made long before the formula was set in stone. Notice how you keep referring to those movies even though they were like 5 years before the cinematic universe took root.
You are now moving the goalposts, first you said that all marvel movies are the same, now only the ones after 2012-2014 are the same.
Not him btw

I didn't, I just immediately made the differentiation because he kept referring to iron man as a positive marvel film, which it actually is, in his OP post and when I replied to him. The distinction has to be made because the formula wasn't set in stone yet, they had to take a risk with that trilogy.

But he also mentioned Captain America and it's sequels don't have it and you didn't really attempt to argue against that depite TWS coming out after "The cinematic universe has set it;s roots"

Captain America 1 was exactly like the formula I laid out.

>Never saw ant man but I bet it has the same basic structure that I laid out.
So you think every MCU film you haven't seen is bad because Yea Forums said so, good to know. We're done here.

No because I got burnt out on marvel films, I saw guardians of the galaxy one and two, and most of them except infinity war and civil war, also didn't watch avengers 2 or black panther. But when I was watching shit like doctor strange, or GoTG I noticed a pattern and realized that all these films will be the exact same every time like the formula I laid out.

kill yourself. I’m serious, fucking end your life.

Explain, the movie doesn't follow the formula at all. Neither does GotG, the argument that that uses the formula already falls apart at "Quirky origin to the plot" as the movie literally starts with a kid who's mom's dying.

SO HERE I AM

He probably wasted that time watching other much better movies too, the filthy pleb.

>he saw the best ones and still has shit taste

Yeah and then it starts with Star Lord literally dancing and killing aliens to his mix tape. Are you fucking retarded?

But that's not part of the origin you retard, that's the main plot kicks in.

You first, faggot

That's literally the opening scene. You don't understand how films are structured do you? Lol, stop watching marvel flicks.

The opening scene and the origin is when the starlord's mom dies, after that the main plot kicks in. Starlord listening to his mixtape and killing aliens isn't part of his origin.

>Moving the goalposts

hhahahahahaahah

Hey retard, the opening credits roll when he is dancing to the mix tape. Jesus christ lmao.

Kino tier:
Iron Man
Captain America: the Winter Soldier

Flick kino tier:
GOTG2
Ant-Man
The Avengers

Good tier:
GOTG
Ragnarok
Ultron
Black Panther
Avengers: Endgame
Spider Man Homecoming

Okay tier:
Captain America: 1st avenger
Civil War
Thor
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Doctor Strange

Not that good tier:
The Incredible Hulk
Ant Man and the Wasp

Don't count until Disney buys Fox:
Spider Man Far from Home
Venom (I hope)

TBD tier:
Captain Marvel

THATS. NOT. HIS. FUCKING. ORIGIN.
HIS ORIGIN IS WHEN THE MOM DIES
GOD WHY ARE YOU SO FUCKING RETARDED

I'm not talking about his superhero origin mongoloid, I'm taking about the origin in introducing the character to the audience.

hahahahahaahahahahah

Good bait

That's what I was just thinking about you. Keep watching marvel flicks, I'm sure you will figure out how movies work eventually.

Watching a movie where one single entity defeats countless henchmen is incredibly childish and gay.

>HE MAKE BAD MEN GO AWAY *CLAPCLAPCLAP* OOOOH OH OH HE SAID FUNNY ONE LINER HAHAHAHAHHAHA
>mfw

Attached: 1531678989428.jpg (1800x1578, 212K)

>I'm taking about the origin in introducing the character to the audience.
Nigger that makes no fucking sense,the character is introduced when his mom dies, that's his origin.

I first said the quirky origin to the plot. This is literally the opening of the film, the credits roll when star lord is dancing. That's the origin of the character to the audience.

Jesus lol.

>thinks iron man 3 is better than iron man 2

Attached: Johnny_Cage_(MK_Movie).jpg (512x288, 96K)

If that's the opening, what the fuck is the scene with Starlord and his mom?
God you are fucking retarded

That is all apart of the opening of the film you fucking retard kek. Do you literally think the opening of a film is the first 2 minutes of a film? The opening continues until the main plot can begin. The beginning of goodfellas with Henry as a boy is the opening of that film, and it lasts for 10-15 minutes.

Jesus christ you are stupid as hell man, I feel bad for you kek.

What single reason is there to watch capeshit over other so many good movies?

They are not good movies. They are made for dumb people like you that are entertained by funny pictures of crabs skateboarding, lots of people here aren't as dumb as you.

Shill shill shill shill shill
Marvel is shit, no one likes you, please stop posting here

>That is all apart of the opening of the film you fucking retard kek.
Yes but his origin is completed after the mom dies.
>REEEEEEEEEE EVERYONE WITH OPPOSING OPINIONS TO ME IS A SHILL

Ideas like tone and pacing are obviously going to be lost on someone actually wanting to discuss and enjoy capeshit.

No you fucking retard, the opening of the film begins when the credits roll and the main plot line starts. Fuck you are stupid, are you a shitskin or something>?

They aren't lost on me, they are on you.
Then what the fuck is the section with the mom? That literally is the opening, that's how the film begins, that's what you first see when you watch the film.
God you are fucking braindead.

That is the opening, also him dancing is the opening. That is the origin of the character to the audience. It also is a quirky opening made to make people laugh at how zany Pratt is being.

You're a retard mate, I'm really sorry. Must be mexican.

>That is the origin of the character to the audience.
And how is that the origin? The character's mom dying was the origin, after that his origin is done and the main plot kicks in, I guess that could be called the opening but his origin is done at that point.

You've been having an autistic shitfest with the other user, your defense of capeshit has devolved to pointless semantics.
I struggle to see how anyone could be anything but a complete pleb to devote this much effort in defending his superhero movies so poorly.

I considered contributing to your thread, but you've inspired me to go watch a good movie instead.

I already said I am not talking about his superhero origin, I'm talking about the opening of the film. I'm sorry you're retarded. Cant be helped.

>Quirky origin to the plot
>I'm talking about the opening of the film.
Pick one you braindead manhole.
>B-But the'y're the same
Then you're shit at wording things, "origin" to most people means the origin of the superhero, not the retarded definition you have of it

They literally mean the same thing. Like the other user said you already lost the argument and are arguing over semantics. Just keep watching marvel films user, they are good for you.

Also I originally said origin of the plot, so your understanding of my use of origin is completely retarded, but I already corrected you twice on the term.

Stick to capeshit.

>Like the other user said you already lost the argument and are arguing over semantics. Just keep watching marvel films user, they are good for you.
useless ad hominem
>Also I originally said origin of the plot, so your understanding of my use of origin is completely retarded, but I already corrected you twice on the term.
Again, "Origin to the plot" means the origin to the main character to any non-autist. Your use of the term is literally wrong.
>Stick to capeshit.
I rarely watch them you retard, liking something doesn't mean I only watch that thing
Then again, you are most likely on the spectrum so there's no hope for you. But keep deluding yourself into thinking your right as you collect your autismbux.

No the origin of the plot is not the origin of the character, I would've said the characters origin story, but I said origin of the plot introducing the audience to the character.

The funny thing is that you keep deflecting and saying multiple times that GoTG does not follow the formula I laid out.

Go outside, ask anyone what the "origin to the plot" of GotG was. Everyone will say when the kid's mom dies.
Just use "Opening" like a normal person next time.

>GOTG2

nope, the movie's """"humor""""" is unbearable

I used that term because in super hero films they is a section devoted to showing the characters traits and motivations. This is the opening of the film but it's literally the same thing.

Doctor Strange is the best MCU movie.

>You can't change my mind.