It's 2022 and they're still playing Led Zeppelin on the radio. It's not even dadrock at this point...

It's 2022 and they're still playing Led Zeppelin on the radio. It's not even dadrock at this point, it's fucking grandparock. Were people in the 70s listening to music from the 1920s? No, so why the fuck are we still subjected to this shit?

Attached: 1590049332103.png (1242x1121, 829.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gTal9RxMTRk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: Tee hee Banana Peel.png (516x526, 256.97K)

Everyone can tolerate the Zep

Led Zeppelin is the greatest band of all time and will always be played because music peaked with them

new music sucks even more than led zeppelin. think about it.

>Tee hee Banana Peel.png
holy mother of soul

What else are you gonna do listen to phoebe bridgers?

>Were people in the 70s listening to music from the 1920s
The smart ones were listening to music from long before the 1920s (as they are now)

>Were people in the 70s listening to music from the 1920s?
no because music from the 20s is shit
and music from the 20s is also shit, which is why we all still listen to the good stuff from the last 50 years

>No, so why the fuck are we still subjected to this shit?

Your generation couldn't produce anything of worth :)

Unless you're 40+ years old right now, you're being le wrong generation faggot

Are you saying people of the 2030’s will listen to Suicide Silence and Three days grace

>myfuckingsides.tiff

Because circumstances were different and Zeppelin is good unlike the shitty music from the 20s lmao

>here we are now
>entertain us

Music from the 20s wasn't shitty, but the recording quality sure was. By the 50s when tape recording had become normal you could nearly reach modern standards of audio fidelity.

>no because music from the 20s is shit
Way better than music from the 70s

Culture doesn't progress linearly, it moves in leaps.

>classic rock station starts playing something from the 2000s

Attached: hope.png (500x593, 182.33K)

Analysis of popular music from the very beginnings of recorded music in the opening years of the 20th century shows that musical and lyrical complexity has steadily diminished. The fuzziness of a Billy Murray record from 1919 obscures the fact that it was doing things Lil Xan couldn't if it hit on the the head. And that's just sad.

People now don't listen to stuff from 2015, that's how meaningless and disposable it was.

now imagine if Louis Armstrong's Hot Five had had 1970s recording equipment

Well boomers still exists and they have nostalgia over old things so they listen to This

Nah, I'm just choosing to listen to good music instead of the shit that passes for "hits" these days

Why the hell do all hard rock vocalists do the shitty Rob Plant voice god why the riffs are good the music is good but the vocals are so fucking trash they're so so gay.

>IN THE DAYS OF MY YOUTH I WAS TOLD WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A MAN

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 82.3K)

Think about it like this: all the great, popular male singers of the 40s and 50s had deep, soft voices, like Sinatra. So obviously the "rebellion" against the status quo is singing high pitched squeals like a hooker

stagnation of the nation

Because our generation still hasn't produced anything even remotely close to as good.

it cuts through the guitars better. what do you think of this band?
youtu.be/gTal9RxMTRk

Your probably listening to dadrock station also
>listening to the radio
Only old people do tis

>2015 in music was bad

Oh boy, if only you knew how wrong you are

what do zoomers listen to in the car? oh wait, I forgot that zoomers are too scared to drive

It's preferable to the ooh-ooh-baby-baby vocals. It's familiar to other bands from that time so I guess that was the hard rock/grunge style at the time. My favorite part is still the guitar, both the tone and the riffs.

Connect the phone to your car and play music off your phone?

so far Space Cadet is my favorite

Maybe if any artist born after 1990 produced anything good I would.

Maybe don't listen to classic rock radio stations.

good point, it's a shame my phone can't have music made before then

get a walkman and record some tapes faggot
get a vintage one made in the 80s

My point is that if I want to listen to non-classic rock in my area the other options are country (and it is new country). If I'm listening to older stuff anyways I'll just listen to the radio.

chuckled and sneeded

because that was the sound at the absolute peak of commercial radio as FM achieved dominance

Heh. Those were the days *Sip*

Define "good music" please

Have you ever thought that maybe the 'le wrong generation types' were on to something and something went astray with our current industry?
The world is what you make of it. If you think it's lacking something, give the world that something.

I like Led Zeppelin more now than I did back in the day.
they're a good band. some of it is a bit too much, but I like how their style is basically a mix of blues music and the Lord of the Rings references

Zeppelin is highly tolerable, but plant is insufferable.

I hate everything by kyuss except demon cleaner which sucks because demon cleaner is excellent

Just like the smiths

Pleasing to the ear :)

What came out in 2015? A bunch of mumblerap and hipster slutpop.

I don't know why but I burst out kekking when you said "hipster slutpop"

People in 2070 aren't gonna be talking Black country new road, no one will remember who they were

I have no idea who that is right now

And you never will

>hipster slutpop
great name. examples?

What exactly is wrong with listening to 1920s music? Bix Beiderbecke or Duke Ellington is better than 99.999% of what is posted here.

Retarded boomer

>Who is Surf Curse for three-hundred, Alex?

the fuck are you talking about

Who's ear?