Contrarian musical opinions thread:

Share your weird fucked up takes that nobody agrees with. I'll go first

Contact is the best song on Random Access Memories by a mile

Attached: 61Uxg-SWExL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1491, 114.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SAuqQr5YtjY
youtu.be/4kMZ23T9VHE
youtu.be/QfcLcDBII78
youtu.be/5XVniJfa6q4
youtu.be/ZUHb_vG_Wls
youtu.be/qlgaFmP3BN0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

People who don't talk strictly about classical music should be permanently banned from the board

tool fans are pretty alright

>classical music
youtu.be/SAuqQr5YtjY

I like Motherboard, myself, which I suppose is equally contrarian. Contact is great though.

i met one in portland. she invited me into her house to chat. she started talking about tool, and i told her Tool did psychedelics like LSD, and she told me to leave.

Skrillex is the most influential artist of the 2010s

Disgusting

I can't believe this guy went on to compose for Family Guy

>weird fucked up takes that nobody agrees with
blink 182 actually had some good songs
youtu.be/4kMZ23T9VHE

cont; and Simple Plan is actually kinda fun (even if they're jewish)
youtu.be/QfcLcDBII78

myspace scenecore was actually good. if you look down on it but listen to hyperpop, you're a hypocrite.

Beverly Hills is a great song by Weezer and I'm tired of people pretending it is.

To Pimp A Butterfly is a literal garbage album and anyone who prefers it is a retard.

donda 2 is a masterpiece.

This, but not because racism. I just really don't like the whole jazz fusion spoken word poetry bullshit. It just feels like a poorly considered attempt to do "A Tribe Called Quest but modern".

The reason I don't like it is not because of racism either. I just have no reason why anyone would prefer this garbage to GKMC.

Agreed. GKMC is a legit classic. Kendrick's other stuff is good, but it won't age well.

Albums are outdated. In the digital age there's no point in listening to a full album after one listen expect to find the good songs, throw them into a playlist, and instead play songs you actually like.

Tyler, The Creator is extremely overrated and none of his music has aged well besides a couple of tracks here and there. To this day, Bastard is still his most creative and thoughtful album.

This one actually made me mad

I think Igor will age well but in a Captain Beefheart kinda way.

Discovery is one of the most overrated albums ever

>if you look down on it but listen to hyperpop, you're a hypocrite.
do people do that? i assumed all hyperpop connoisseurs were ex scene kids

not as overrated as RAM

i try not to think about RAM. what a fucking disappointment

gen alpha and beta will discover Lil B, and Odd Future/Tyler because they are the basis for most of the 2010s hip hop scene (you wouldnt have yachty, uzi, yung lean, or carti without Lil B and OF)

so many non-daftpunk fans tried to get me to listen to that album. i remember having a small party with friends and we just sat and listened to the album while i complained... good times.

cont; the people who like RAM are the same people who think Harder Better Faster Stronger is a Kanye sample.

Alive 2007 is the best Daft Punk album

Pearl Jam is the greatest 90s band

I think Limp Bizkit has unironically good songs under his name, at least on the instrumental level. Tracks like "re-arranged" and "my way" come to mind.

2nd to Homework, for me

Pat Finnerty debunked this

Based Pat Finnerty poster but Beverly Hills is good imo

while being contrarian on the subject of Daft Punk:
Alive 1997 > 2007

fact

>Alive 2007 is the best Daft Punk album
great tour, too. i saw them at lollapalooza when i was like 16. i got to grind and make out with some drunk chick who thought i was way older.

this board is filled with the most basic mainstream people these days

thats my contrarian opinion. fucking daft punk fuck off

i dislike it because of racism. its a racist album.

This isn't even debatable

awh thanks user

Attached: 6d7opl2mfny81.jpg (4000x3000, 1.53M)

Are these anticlimactic stories true or are you just baiting

i like them too. i associated them with dude bros, and that was my fault. im ajudgemental bitch

back in 2014, i was living in portland, and hanging out in a small bar downtown after a post-punk show. the effeminate gay bartender at this place started playing limp bizkit LOUDLY to clear out the place, but everyone was super into it. it was cool to see him singing along too. he helped me realize they werent just douche bro music.

this video of fred and marilyn hanging out singing helped me see fred in a different light, too. he seems super chill, and probably always was. its not his fault that his look (backwards hats and cargo shorts) became super douchey.

youtu.be/5XVniJfa6q4

Attached: attachment-fred_durst_limp_bizkit_2000.jpg (980x653, 72.73K)

correct

my take: nickelback isn't the worst band out there. they're not great, but they're far from shit. everyone just got hate boners for these guys because the internet told them to do so

daft punk was never mainstream. its entry level 2000s edm/french house, but its definitely not mainstream.

its true. they arent meant to be climactic. just typing things out so i can get them out of my head.

Same. I think a lot of their stuff is a bit boring, but there are some really enjoyable songs in their discography, like the ones you mentioned

I think Load/Reload is the best Metallica did since And Justice for All and it's not even close.

this is a thread about unpopular opinions. if you put it in a Yea Forums context, liking mainstream music would be the unpopular opinion.

I picked up Results May Very for like a dollar somewhere it's actually a decent album. Listened to it a lot in highschool
They have a couple meme songs, but they honestly make moderately good music

youtu.be/ZUHb_vG_Wls
youtu.be/qlgaFmP3BN0

I think Metallica is one of the most egregiously overrated bands to exist

>i think the only real "mainstream" metal band is overrated
thats a pretty popular opinion, especially on Yea Forums

I'm a newfag here

That's not what the user said at all

Random access memories is the blandest, most boring shit

85-92 is an overrated album and nowhere near a top 100 IDM albums list.

So did Nickleback.

Get out!

Attached: angry-senior-woman-shouting-her-employee-go-away-unhappy-women-looking-pointing-door-97951681_jpg.png (1300x958, 1.14M)

- user said metallica is overrated.
- metallica is one of (if not THE) only "mainstream" metal band.
- most Yea Forums fags (like me), metalheads, and current-year normies think metallica is overrated
>user's take isnt controversial/contrarian.

Everyone loves I Miss You desu

The song they did with Korn is unironcally one of the best songs ever