Arrested Development Season 5

What went wrong?

Attached: 180521-fallon-ArrestedDevelopment-hero_aaul3y.jpg (1473x828, 198K)

They tried to make fun of trump

s4 remix > s3

Fucking everything. For all of S4’s problems at least it was sometimes funny/clever and sometimes felt like AD, I can’t even remember how many episodes I watched of S5 before I turned it off, I think it was after Buster gave the little monologue to Michael about Lucille “saving him from the hook” abortion type joke which fell completely flat. I doubt it got better after that but I don’t care to find out.

Netflix

>s4 remix
The remix was shit. Half of it was Ron Howard doing rapid narration through scenes to try and get it to make sense. I felt out of breath just listening to him.

S2 > S1 > S4 remix > S3 > S4 original >>>> S5

It's like they forgot to put any jokes in and wrote it as a black comedy drama.

Loved first 3 seasons but couldnt finish season 4.
Does S5 get even worse?

There was a fifth season?

the 5th is beyond terrible, not funny at all. only saving grace was grandma maeby. they shouldn't even bother with s5 part 2 next month and leave it in obscurity

>s5 part 2 next month
wait really?

yep, March 15

S1 - 9/10
S2 - 9/10
S3 - 3/10
S4 - 6/10

haven't seen the new one yet

Attached: 1x09_Storming_the_Castle_(25).png (1440x810, 801K)

hopefully the almost year-long break between the two halves was so they could re-edit and shoot a series ending for the show. they still can't be delusional enough about a movie after all this shit

S1 - 9/10
S2 - 9/10
S3 - 7/10
S4 - 7/10
S5 - 2/10

>best bluth varely there because of #metoo
>cousing pussy rotten by feminism standars
>made fun of trump instead of timeless humor

>everythin iz pollytikal hurrrrrrrrrr

The only Trump joke was that he stole Lucille's idea for a border wall. That's it, settle down. It wasn't even scathing of Trump at all.

Wasn't there also supposed to be a second part and wasn't it supposed to come last year? Did it come? Did they just drop it and pretend that it was never supposed to thappen because they realized how shit it is?

To be fair they had a storyline about a politician building a border wall in the previous season back in like 2013 - it's not like they've just pulled Blumpf out of thin air like a lot of shows are doing

I liked it

I did not like releasing half a season and I was angry about that, I would have preferred to wait until this year for the entire season

Has there ever been a quicker decline in quality than this show? Went from a near perfect comedy to utter shit in a single season

it's coming March 15

Honestly, I liked it way more than season 4.

>quicker decline
there was 8 years between s3 and s4

There was a fifth season?

What's this about a remix of season 4? It had only three really good jokes, the child molester town, Tobias getting Hansen'ed and Job's forget me now binge.

they recut s4 to match the conventional earlier seasons instead of having 10 or so character-specific episodes of varying lengths, so the story is told in chronological order in 22-23 minute chunks

That sounds much better.

They edited season 4 from 15 hour long episodes to 25 20 minute ones to be more chronological, it's quite impressive from an editing perspective.

How can you explain the massive drop in quality? Did they just get new writing staff?

You can pinpoint all of Mitch Hurwitz' jokes (the only good ones) in S5, the quality is that low for the rest of the season.