Paul McCartney is the greatest artist of all time. Change my mind

>played for the most successful and most popular band of all time.
>became incomprehensibly famous and wealthy while in said band, quit anyway because he got bored
>went on to produce even more amazing music on his own, frequently topping the charts
>never became an asshole, amazing relationship with his wife up until she died of cancer, two produced together as partners
>has continuously produced hits for the past 60 years, probably the longest active musician of all time.
>still kicking and making new music at 80 years old, still going platinum despite age/pandemic

I can't really think of a single song of his that I don't enjoy listening to. They're all good. And yet, he seems underappreciated nowadays, why?

Attached: 1407866201000-10338459-10152594446008313-1133326890939021056-o.jpg (1500x848, 116.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xqJNgO5Caf4
youtu.be/j9nljysSGzc
youtube.com/watch?v=teD9t-lO_o0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>never became an asshole
>produced together as partners
delusional
>has continuously produced hits
and most of them are garbage

>((Sir Paul McCartney CH MBE))
>billionaire
>underappreciated
i hate paulfags so much its unreal

youtu.be/xqJNgO5Caf4

Bob Dylan’s better and has had a much more interesting career and better superior modern songs.

Attached: C401D973-6680-4405-ADEA-8925E041787D.jpg (1200x1200, 466.47K)

>and most of them are garbage
>Ram
>McCartney II
>Band on the Run
>Venus and Mars
>McCartney III
No user, you are delusional.

When I said he was underappreciated I was referring to the common trend of zoomers/millennials who parrot "zomg Beatles suck!! xD" His shows don't sell out as often anymore.

Back to the Egg is the best wings album and you didn't even mention it

I'll take George Harrison over Paul every day of the week and I donlt even fucking like The Beatles in the first place. Ever since they broke up Paul has been proven to be a talentless hack when he releases anything by himself, either that or he literally put zero effort into his stuff which would be even worse.

Bob Dylan is good but he wasn't as active for as long as Paul. Also, if we're going off "guitar gods" then Hendrix, Harrison, or even Clapton easily have him beat.

Ram has one (1) good song, he never improved after The Beatles broke up. Mogged by George Harrison and always will be.

> Bob Dylan is good but he wasn't as active for as long as Paul.

Nonsense. He has released fifteen albums and done over three thousand gigs since 1988. He has been active as a recording artist since 1962.

Well yeah if youre sour grapes about the beatles then george would be your pick because he is too

>because he is too
He never was. Stop parroting reddit tier opinions.

>every day of the week
Maybe even...eight days?

Harrison is good but McCartney has a more extensive discography, partially because Harrison died much sooner. Honestly their work is somewhat similar, both branched out into pop and incorporated synths and such into their music. McCartney is a better songwriter though, always has been, especially during the Beatles.

>proven to be a talentless hack when he releases anything by himself

See McCartney I, II, and III. All produced by him alone and all critically acclaimed. Why would you even say this, user? His McCartney albums are probably his most famous works.

Also, George was a dick. We have videos and records to prove that.

>Ram has one (1) good song
Personal opinion I guess, I love every song on the album and will listen to the whole thing in one sitting.

>Also, George was a dick. We have videos and records to prove that.
The only one who wasn't a dick was Ringo, one has to have some really huge rose tinted glasses to assume 90% of the band wasn't comprised by asses.

>especially during the Beatles.
Maybe before Revolver but after that Lennon (at least till The White Album) and Harrison both objectively had better songs. Critically acclaimed also doesnt mean shit in rock/pop music.
>Also, George was a dick. We have videos and records to prove that.
Like what? People just say that because unlike Lennon/McCartney he didn't care about the media.

>Maybe before Revolver
Again, disagree. Yes George has some hits but Paul released his most famous songs during this same time period. Let it Be, Yesterday, Long and Winding Road, Blackbird, Penny Lane...hell, the entire Sgt. Peppers album was his idea. I don't think George's few songs like Something and Here Comes the Sun can even compare to the amount of stuff Paul did.

>Like what?
General a pain to work with, unwilling to compromise, walked out in the middle of an album. They all contributed to the friction but Harrison had a pretty big ego. Paul was picky but wasn't actively rude or mean to the other members.

>doesn't like The Beatles
>is a georgefag
Like pottery, a contrarian is a georgefag. every fucking time.
You are delusional, George's good songs over the entirety of the Beatles discography can be counted on one hand. He never contributed to the group as much as Lennon/Macca and this is an objective fact. One of the reasons he wanted to brake up too.

Attached: georgie crying.jpg (205x245, 14.94K)

>Paul was picky but wasn't actively rude or mean to the other members.
If you listen to any of the Let It Be tapes available online its pretty obvious that Paul was acting like a control freak and treating every member like a sessions musician. It was Paul who had the biggest ego and still does. I don't why you believe someone who simply left had a bigger ego than a guy who though that filming the band, while his friends were going through personal problems and weren't even working as band anymore. Also
>Man who worked with stellar musicians all his life and had long lasting friendships with the likes of Bob Dylan, Jeff Lyne, Ravi Shankar and every musician that he has ever collaborated with
>difficult to work with
And Paul was excessively 'rude' to the other members especially George because he did not care for his songwriting.
>George's good songs over the entirety of the Beatles discography can be counted on one hand
filtered
>contributed to the group as much as Lennon/Macca and this is an objective fact
Listen to She Said, She Said, And Your Bird Can Sing, Tomorrow Never Knows etc. When he was allowed to collaborate most of his work ended up being the backbone of the songs.

I said George just left not Paul.

>Paul was acting like a control freak
Which would make sense considering he was basically the lead songwriter. Even Lenon admitted in interviews that Paul was constantly writing and working. Paul made George. Paul was the one who invited George in the first place. You yourself even said that George didn't really come into his own until halfway through their discography, obviously Paul and John wouldn't hand the reigns over to George at the 11th hour. Abbey Road was supposed to be the last proper studio album so naturally Paul wanted it to be perfect.

>Paul made George
I disagree and so would Paul.

I’m a Paul fag but All things is far and away better than anything the others put out at any point in their career. It’s not even close.

Paul was great but will always have the problem of having zero depth ever. It’s always meaningless whimsy with him and it’s his fatal flaw.

I’ll say he’s the greatest pop/rock music artist of all time. It’s too hard to compare across mediums or eras though. How could he be compared to the masters of classical music? Or a brilliant playwright? That’s impossible to say.

>successful band disbands
>never makes another good song
Can't argue with his track record with the Quarrymen, but he's a non-entity after that.

>All things is far and away better than anything the others put out
If we're going off "depth" then I'd say Imagine (album not the single) is probably deeper. All things was partially about the Beatles breakup and stuff but Imagine was about Lenon and his past or whatever.

Regardless, I think "depth" is a stupid metric to gauge how good songs are. Paul made plenty of deep songs like Blackbird, melodically and composition-wise his songs are more pleasing than George's. If I wanted to hear music that delves into society or whatever I'd listen to Pink Floyd because they mog both Harrison and Lenon in terms of concept albums.

McCartney II has to be one of the worst albums I have ever listened to and I have listened to tons shiy of music

Meds schitzo.

based

I just saw him live on Sunday. It was a great fucking show.

George's very good songs, in cronological order, and I'm being lenient since I love basically every Beatles song:
>I want to tell you
>taxman
>love you to
>while my guitar gently sweeps
>It's all too much
>something
>here comes the sun

Yes he wasn't given much space, the reason being he didn't really bloom as a songwriter until very late. He was young, insecure and not that much proficient with the guitar. Very few of the songs from all things must pass are Beatles-level, I don't blame the others for not letting him shit up the album.
Isn't it a pity on the other hand, is a moving masterpiece, and should have made the album.
>listne to these lennon/macca songs
who contributes more, the guy who writes the whole song or the guy who adds in his guitar parts?

Paulbros...I can't with this...

Attached: macca fuck you.jpg (1333x234, 337.29K)

>the guy who writes the whole song or the guy who adds in his guitar parts?
You clearly don't know much about Lennon's songwriting method.
>Very few of the songs from all things must pass are Beatles-level
They are above The Beatles imo but it all boils down to personal taste.

>who contributes more, the guy who writes the whole song or the guy who adds in his guitar parts?
not sure if referring to George or Paul, but if you are referring to Paul again please look at any of the McCartney albums.

shitty hack.

youtu.be/j9nljysSGzc

They’re all above Beatles level with the exception of the bass parts, Imo Paul was better (at bass). He had a great band though regardless. Clapton and friends were 10/10 on it and Derek

It’s a perfect record

speaking as someone who quite enjoys the Beatles, success and popularity doesn't equal 'greatness'.
Also Paul wrote some of the worst music of all the Beatles (both together and individually). He wrote some of their best as well but he also wrote dumb shit like "Wild Honey Pie" and "Why Don't We Do It In The Road?" and had some godawful shit in his solo career like "Temporary Secretary" and the utterly insipid "Wonderful Christmastime" which I can only hope finally dies out as the last of the boomers do so I don't have to hear it sixty times every December.

Everything you done was yesterday. Since you gone you're just another day

You’re close. Most of Paul McCartney’s lyrics sucked balls. ‘Helter Skelter’ was the only song he did that was worth a fuck.

>Like pottery, a contrarian is a georgefag. every fucking time.
Because George was the best musician of the four.

why in the fuck are you invoking "guitar gods" at the invocation of Dylan? don't answer, you've all ready revealed your power level several times to anyone paying attention and discredited any opinion you have been trying to make

when will Yea Forums's lust for fossilized britbong grifter cock stop?

>Listen to She Said, She Said, And Your Bird Can Sing
they are lennon songs...

yes? can't you read?

>quit anyway because he got bored
That was John. Paul tried to keep the band going but saw the writing on the wall, especially after he fell out with John and George over the Apple clusterfuck.

Scott Walker is the greatest artist of all time.

Thom Yorke is better

how exactly are you quantifying what georges contributions are? you have no idea if his guitar lines are from the mind of george harrison
and even so, the writer of the song is obviously the better one in the context

I'm not going to spoonfeed you dumb zoomer

get owned boomer georgetard

Not even close.

Attached: Johann_Sebastian_Bach.jpg (2500x3078, 772.93K)

Greatest popular musician, yes.
Is there really anyone else who could even challenge him?

pathetic

Attached: 1652202240441.png (521x720, 315.46K)

Dylan hasn’t had a legacy song since the late ‘70’s.
Paul released I Don’t Know 3 or 4 years ago.

audiencelaughing.gif

This albums mogs his entire discography

Attached: the-key-of-life-8de0f53c-1b4b-41bb-b2d9-0847fe125f40.jpg (1010x1024, 726.95K)

Just because some music is old doesn’t mean bad. The Beatles were an overrated “pop” band but some of the greatest rock and roll came from Britain. Mick Taylor era Rolling Stones was some of the greatest shit ever.

>better artist than Michelangelo
>better artist than William Shakespeare
>better artist than Mozart
Sure man. Whatever you say.

Not an argument

How do blind people know when to quit wiping?

>most successful and most popular band
Not true, by the way.

You clearly haven’t listened to much recent Bob Dylan.

>became incomprehensibly famous and wealthy while in said band, quit anyway because he got bored
That's not why he left The Beatles, and they were basically broken up by this time. Paul was just the first to go public with the news.

>never became an asshole
People who have worked with Paul might disagree, including Ringo. If john were alive, he'd have something to say about what an asshole Paul was. George also. Or haven't you ever watched Let It Be?

>amazing relationship with his wife
Maybe he got cucked by Linda due to certain Mommy Issues, but just ask Heather Mills what a loving devoted husband Paul was.

>has continuously produced hits for the past 60 years, probably the longest active musician of all time.
Now you're talking about Ony Bennett, and not Faul McMickmick

youtube.com/watch?v=teD9t-lO_o0