ITT: Artists you have an irrational hatred for

I fucking hate Guided By Voices. Everything about them. Just looking at this chubby old white guy’s face and thing about the fact that this lame boomer fuck was a grade school teacher, they didn’t start recording music until they were all in their 30s, they were just some small town band writing songs for fun until they started getting hyped up in the press for some reason, the fact that this asshole get praise for writing like 10,000 songs when only a half dozen or so of them are even somewhat good, I really hate Guided By Voices. It’s irrational because it’s not like they’re constantly being shoved in my face or anything; they’re only really acclaimed among the smaller indie rock niche and I need to actively go out of my way to hear their music or see people praise them, but I still really hate them.

Attached: 19197B9C-577A-4788-94F0-7AF574C64334.jpg (350x467, 63.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tp0jZ4BGuDw
youtu.be/FfG8nEhNMhk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Based, fucker just writes music as a job first now anyways. Why else would you release like 3 or 4 albums every year full of forgettable shit

No I’m not explaining anything

Attached: 275B9BB7-9308-4459-85E8-AB289C207A55.jpg (275x183, 4.39K)

that is okay.

these four fuckers for some reason. I recognize the impact they had, but I hate them because they're so overhyped and overplayed. its only really listened to by old boomers or teenage girls who think taking drugs and fucking guys thrice their age makes them cool. Not to mention their entire career was built on stealing from black american musicians without credit, and wasting that money and time on drugs and rape. fuck Led Zeppelin. with all my heart.

Attached: LedZeppelinmontage.jpg (566x566, 78.24K)

>stealing from black american musicians without credit, and wasting that money and time on drugs and rape.
Based

>It’s irrational because it’s not like they’re constantly being shoved in my face or anything; they’re only really acclaimed among the smaller indie rock niche and I need to actively go out of my way to hear their music or see people praise them, but I still really hate them.
This is me with The Brian Jonestown Massacre.

Weirds me out how they basically got away with rape that one time

>stealing from black american musicians
Based Kek u will really find anyway to be a victim

This, the people who like that band are much worse than GBV fans

its a historical fact

>it’s a fact because I said so
I never listened to a old cringe man lepelin song but actually cope

nah i'm actually serious, go read about the band and their influences, they lifted directly from delta blues musicians, like straight up plagiarzed their music, and never credited them or gave them any royalties.

doesn't make them any less influential or talented. it just evidences how garbage they all are as human beings.

>stealing from black american musicians without credit

they also stole from white english contemporaries without credit, which is why all of the contemporary bands did not like led zeppelin! I'll go through a few guys Page has openly admitted to copying.

Peter Green is the guy we should be talking about instead of Jimmy Page. What Peter Green did on Then Play On and End of the Game presages dream pop and krautrock. This isn't even to mention his song resume (Black Magic Woman, Green Manilishi, Closing my Eyes, Albatross), nor the fact that Black Dog is a direct "rewrite" of Oh Well, nor the fact that Peter Green's entire outward image, gear choice, and mystical qualities were flat out STOLEN by Page like a case of identity theft.

Attached: p_green.jpg (224x225, 9.37K)

Wouldya look at that, I learned something today

I don’t knoww what any of that is and I don’t care cope plebbitnigger

aight coo

...and the rest of Jimmy's image came from Syd Barrett. This isn't guesswork, Page is very open about recognizing Syd Barrett as one of the few completely non-derivative guitar innovators around back in the mid 60s. Again, just like the case with Green, Page didn't just steal a image from this guy, he stole his vibe, personality, gear, and clothing choices! Here's Syd...

Attached: syd-mirror-tele.jpg (800x1213, 117.83K)

...and here's Page the same year with THE SAME FUCKING GUITAR mod. This is probably around the time he oozed into the Yardbirds like a hostile takeover. He really is a disgusting, weasly shit. Just fucking absorbing BETTER MEN like a god damn demon (and with his Crowleyan bullshit? who fucking knows, man)

Attached: page_mirror_wannabe.jpg (600x773, 110.24K)

ok, npc. go back to death grips
shitty second rate blues ripoff music

Enjoy! I wish I could rediscover Green again. He was the only guy palm muting a bass vi through orange amps in 1968, or doing the glide guitar/reverb trick, etc just one of the fucking all time greats, and this isn't even touching his blues chops that started his career (because he's BETTER than that!)

Attached: smiling_peter_green.jpg (1200x900, 208.64K)

Death grips are unlistenable now, cant hear a single second without cringing

not him. but listen more music

I'll dive into the man. Thanks for the rec user!

>talented
they're just a bunch of retarded wankers. any next door person have more to say than those fucking cunts

they definitely do. i respect their chops, not saying that they're unique chops, but they have or had them, i guess. its one of those tihngs where they're undeniably present because they happened to be at the right place at the right time to have as much influence as possible, so i understand why people respect and admire them so much. I don't even think they're bad musicians, I just hate their guts cuz they're all grubby-handed rapist cunts.

Robert Plant also stole other white band's arrangements of delta blues songs, it's some really shameless shit. Here's Steve Marriott singing You need Loving in like 1966. Muddy Waters may have wrote the song, but Robert Plant's vocal is a direct theft of Steve Marriott's version.

youtube.com/watch?v=tp0jZ4BGuDw

Attached: steve-marriott-small-faces-on-stage.jpg (598x771, 115.08K)

sorry but led zepellin music is shit

i agree lol

i dont have to like someone's music to see that they're good at what they do

i don't even think they're good. its just a degraded and retarded version of blues music

degraded and retarded opinion

I like Slipknot but Coreys always given me total douche vibes. Every interview or anything I see from the guy drives that assumption home, I can’t get behind people who think he’s secretly a genius or whatever. If Slipknot didn’t take off he’d probably be that home town douche who’s still obsessed with highschool.

listen to this lol

youtu.be/FfG8nEhNMhk

The fucking Beatles.

Every copy cat djent band and almost every American new wave of metal band

Based. Any reason to hate zeppelin is good.

every band i don't like

I know literally nothing about him, he just seems like he'd be enormously pretentious

Attached: Brian_Eno_2015.png (832x988, 900.41K)

I think this is a rational hatred though. I can't stand her childlike attitude

Attached: 71BgJkNpWbL._SL1417_.jpg (1417x1417, 157.28K)

Attached: pitbull.jpg (400x400, 52.6K)

Now this is an irrational hatred. Best artist of the past 15 years and a great guy on top of that. Fuck you for your pitbull slander

>Best artist of the past 15 years
Come on buddy

Billie Eilish

GBV is like the least hateable band ever lol

I've heard his name getting thrown around by that Dave Simpson lad on yt. I think this confirms that I finally need to listen to Petey. Thanks, nigga.

Anemone is a phenomenal song though. The only bad thing about this band is their meme name

>like straight up plagiarzed their music, and never credited them or gave them any royalties

so like most classic blues musicians and their "original compositions"

Midwit-tier opinion, thier talent was for arranging more than songwriting but that doesn't make them less important. Listen to 'When the Levee Breaks' and show me anything from before that sounds like it

He's kind of based, gained some respect foor his bizarre ideas & spontaneity after hearing how he worked w Slowdive. Also he is a good engineer if nothing else. The songs on 'Before and After Science' feel like a massage. for your ears

Only children think musicians are geniuses. Virtually every band I have interviewed or talked to was full of fags who thought their shit didn't stink. Some of them were excellent musicians. But they are just ordinary plebs underneath the character they play. So I don't hate Corey, even though I'm sure he is high on his own farts.

This cunt, though... his whole career is a clowns attempt to fuck his way to the top.

Attached: 25manson-photo1-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg (1800x1800, 421.77K)

Zeppelin isn't for virgins, friend

Zeppelin are eternal. After you get sick of your faggy p4k-core you'll come back around again, zoomie.

Zeppelin are tolkien nerds

And that's a good thing.

Attached: gandalf and frodo.jpg (1360x2194, 1.22M)

Jake Holmes' Dazed And Confused is miles better, even though the jamming climax Zep added is very good.

I hate Green Day ever since the put out American Idiot and everyone acted like it was some kind of sacrosanct masterpiece. In retrospect, it was a good record compared to the garbage they've put out since.

His music makes me snooze. It's all so basic and bland. He makes music for complete simpletons.

Attached: sheer.jpg (250x316, 25.91K)

>and fucking guys thrice their age makes them cool
It does tho. I did that many times as a highschooler (lmao based me), who the fuck wants to fuck some arctic monkeys listening fag?

I swear i hate you all nigger loving redditors

Cope. You hating niggers doesn't change the facts.

And now you're not allowed within 100m of school and parks.

Volbeat, thankfully I don't come across their music very often