Out July 15

Welcome to Hell youtube.com/watch?v=Efmq_uXt1Rk

Attached: hellfire.jpg (700x700, 1.19M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KyuKvELxycs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Their last album sucked ass. Who cares about this band anymore

More like black mid lol

Based. I don't even talk like a nigger zoomer in an unironic sense but this really is mid.

pretty mediocre single to lead with desu. Not bad, though

Should've gone with Sugar/Tzu as the lead single
Great song nonetheless

Nonetheless

Attached: drunk-convenience-store.gif (220x275, 1.47M)

that steve albini session better get a full release like the cavalcovers

This song sounded better when I heard them live. The sax was more hellish and blaring during the chorus and the song felt more scrappy and chaotic. The cleaner feel does not suit the song.

They didn't tell you?

They're just better live in general. Absolutely incredible experience.

This is just John the Fisherman for zoomers

idc what yall say this shits good. its hard to ignore the corny anime video though

It's great and I already pre-ordered the album. These songs were amazing live.

I did get Primus vibes from this studio version that I never got from the live experience. That was my first thought (although not that song in particular)

>US store absolutely gutted compared to EU

Attached: Wendigomon's_Iris_DTM_3.png (640x474, 347.2K)

people keep saying this and it sounds like they should team up with a producer that understands their live sound and can capture the more raw energy of it

They recorded an alternative version of this song with Albini

Album of the year incoming. They did it last year, this year will be easy

Rough trade has red vinyls for any other American looking for one

whered u get this info?

definitely getting a circus/maestro vibe from this track. that switch up almost sounds like a devil doll bit

bandcamp flexi poll

>That Gira impersonation singing towards the end (inb4, Geordy himself said they are influenced by swans)
>Kaiba fanfic vid
Yawn

Attached: 1361.jpg (1075x540, 216.88K)

100% this.

I still love this single but holy fuck if it doesn't sound lower energy than any live recording of it.
Geordie's singing just doesn't sound as passionate and crazy as it does at shows and the lack of saxophone really takes away from that cartoony hellish tone.

Red vinyls still in stock on their bandcamp but out of stock on rough trade

I've never bothered checking out their videos in full. I always only get a little into it before I get turned off by the imagery.
They have enough steet-cred/money to hire a master of graphic design like David Rudnik for the album art, so why can't they get an animator or director of the same caliber?

can somebody link a good live version of the song?

The animator is pretty nice, the kaiba style direction is cringe. I like his video for this upbeat edm song about getting drugged and raped
youtube.com/watch?v=KyuKvELxycs

>so why can't they get an animator or director of the same caliber?
I thought the music video looked great, it was by the same guy that did Slow. It featured the same character too, they seem to be telling an overarching story with these music videos

Attached: Black Midi Slow.jpg (2560x1440, 2.79M)

Amazing song, amazing video. It's also great to see that Sugar/Tzu will be on the album

I've listened to the song a few more times and I'm warming up to it, it's quite good. It's no Slow though.

Surprisingly good.
Looking forward to this.

thoughts on the album art?

Attached: midi art .jpg (2400x800, 1.28M)

had a lot of fun figuring this out :^)
great track amazing video really looking forward to more

Attached: black midi cypher.png (510x263, 51.35K)

Love it. As the bad develops the cover gets less abstract and chaotic chaotic

it's cool but maybe a little too similar to Cavalcade

track lengths

Attached: rhl32irachy81.jpg (592x628, 29.14K)

Absolutely horrible, like all of their album covers.
I honestly think they would get a lot more recognition with better album art.

Schlagenheim is instantly recognizable and looks aesthetically clean and good. Cavalcade and Hellfire look cool on close inspection of all the art but don't really hold up super well as covers because it just becomes visual noise that isn't really immediately recognizable. Hellfire is slightly better in that it has the 2 central figures in the middle with some clarity in there too, but its still a little too busy.

great art, but confusing as covers.

I get that it's a style, and they have a thing with David rudnick, but it's just unpleasant and repulsive to me
I look at it and it makes me not want to listen to the album
Is that just my personal experience? Maybe, but that's not what you want from an album cover.
And i don't think it does a good job of representing the music either.
The two figures are cool, but it just gets drowned out.
Rudnicks other stuff isn't even normally that busy.
Let's assume that the cover was just the two dudes.
That's already much better.

Attached: Screenshot_20220509-233656.jpg (869x790, 281.43K)

Should have been Sugar/Tzu
Great to know, I'm seeing them live in a month

Fuck off tripfag

Kino's back on the menu bois

Attached: black-midi.jpg (902x888, 57.18K)

i don't undestand why Lumps and FA aren't in

also i kinda wish i hadn't listened to the live performances so much because i'm so used to still and eat men eat going together in that order

i was honestly expecting the track list to be

Hellfire
Welcome to Hell
Lumps
Sugar/Tzu
Still
Eat Men Eat
Faster Amaranta
The Defence
27 Questions
Circus (as bonus track)

didn't expect Dangerous Liaisons to get fully released

I'm with you, awful art

>Circus (as bonus track)
circus is The Race is About to Begin

>it's just unpleasant and repulsive
That's the whole point. It represents the jagged, grotesque clusterfuck world of black midi's vision.

i know but i didn't think it was fully. i like that song a lot but it seemed more like a bonus track

The drummer really sells this. never been a big fan of black midi but this is actually great

He's probably one of the best up and coming drummers.

Up and coming? Who's clear of him at this point?

This feels like a more listenable version of John L

BC,NR did this and (regardless of yr opinion on the music) the production job on AFUT was great. I could definitely see production by live sound engineers as the way to go for bands with a great live show.

hype af desu

It has less to do with the production and more to do with their approach to studio work in general. Schlagenheim was a lot like their live set because it was based on their improvisational jams. Cavalcade was more composed so there was a huge disconnect between the studio versions and live versions.

>tripfag
>shit taste
checks out

Album art looks like two lads sitting in a sweaty digitized bayou, reminiscing about better times, but still somewhat content, or at least having accepted the current nightmare world they find themselves in

Attached: 1400.jpg (1400x1400, 1.31M)

There's a black girl I matched with on tinder who liked BM. Should I marry her

Eh

It's okay. Sounds like a Cavalcade b-side / throwaway. I was keen to hear new material because it was supposedly a concept album about hell in a more "hard rock" direction but this is just average. Would be so much better if they had Matt play on this song and bring in some more texture and noise and overall more chaotic "hellish" sounds.

this user puts it perfectly

maybe it'll grow with more listens but honestly there's not much to it

100% this their problem seems to be production on this song and their last record. They need Dan Carey back to produce their stuff all this clean shit just sounds lifeless. Drums are nice though.

Shit. It's way too similar to Cavalcade. Pic related should've been the album cover or atleast some variant on this "hellfire" theme it's simple yet more eye-catching. Schlagenheim still the best album + album cover.

Attached: hellfire.png (909x909, 1.7M)

wish they'd just release ALL the new songs on the one album rather than constantly breaking their albums up into perfect 40 minute records for vinyl purposes.

Oh they're ripping off Cardiacs now?

It represents the chaos, absurdism and visceral terror of being Gen Z in the UK that black midi's music puts across
a lot of their lyrics are allegories for imbalances of power in society and the consequences of those interactions; Greep uses anachronism in his 18th-century-social-satire lyrical style to highlight the brutality present in our Current Year world e.g. sexual exploitation in Lumps and The Defence, boomer vs. zoomer generational conflict in 953, military-industrial imperialism in Welcome To Hell, rising populism in John L, etc. with an ever-increasing sense of mortal dread as civil conflict approaches the younger generations' future
the EPK that leaked a day or two ago said that he takes a lot of his lyric ideas from abstracting encounters he's had IRL which lends weight to this interpretation

blame the industry being stupid about CDs and not at least investing in making a successor 24/48 re-usable (i.e. more eco-friendly) disc format for digitally-mastered music instead of vinyl gimmickry

Greep's lyricism doesn't get talked about enough. Glad you're shedding light on his allegorical style, it really sets him apart