Wait how the fuck did they save neo from the matrix fields

wait how the fuck did they save neo from the matrix fields

Attached: matrix_078pyxurz.jpg (1600x835, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yHfLyMAHrQE
youtu.be/FZXgYbMWrNc
youtube.com/watch?v=VxNiEEtYe4Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Watch the movie and find out, retard.

yeah that always bugged me

picked him up in the Niggacucknezzer

Yea seems like the machines could stop that from happening

>wake up
>see this
what would you do Yea Forums?

I would probably get back in. Maybe theyd give me a better simulated life.

they redpilled him but idk about the clawww that picked him out of the sewers

Do you think Trinity was completely bald when she came out of the tank?
Asking for a friend.

they let it happen because he is The One and the 'real world' is a second layer of the simulation

Define "bald"

Magnets.

me after i indulge and educate myself about flat earth

head to toe ;)

Get on

look at how much machinery and piping/infrastructure is behind that operation. it's so ridiculous from an engineering and common sense perspective that it boggles my mind. expending all that energy to harvest that pitiful return is the single most stupidest plot anchor of all time.

Attached: 1465602820595.gif (350x190, 1.62M)

No dummy, the machines just like that aesthetic, it's all decor. The actual machinery involved is rather simplistic and economical but you can't see it behind the decor.

i wonder if theres some unplugged dude just raping the shit out of all the others plugged in. hes not involved with the war, the machines dont give a shit and just accept him as a non-threat

Attached: braapninja.webm (638x360, 971K)

Hop in

Attached: original_result.png (512x512, 547K)

Attached: andrewpaulwachowski.jpg (486x731, 209K)

in the script they where suppose to be using the humans for processing power not actual electrical power

>are there any agents?

Attached: file.png (1006x807, 826K)

The machines were paying homage to their creators.

wrong webem

Attached: braapthis.webm (1206x500, 1.55M)

the machine that flies down and grabs him sees that he's awake, so it unplugs him and flushes the pod
he falls down into a vat of water/goo and is meant to drown, but morpheus picks him up with the ship
i will say it seems like that vat of water/goo would be a good place for the machines to camp and wait for them

When you crit a stealth check.

which would have made the Matrix an interesting case of the humans creating the very prison that contains them
blase test audiences for that change

literally me

Attached: file.png (727x754, 608K)

seashells by the seashorepheus

Attached: Screenshot-2014-11-19-17.41.33.png (1429x794, 744K)

god, i'm watching this on my dvd from ~2000 and it looks like a fucking yify rip

Attached: file.png (826x811, 698K)

These They changed the script because 90s boomers, but even if it was for processing power, it's still not efficient since the human brain requires a massive amount of energy to function by virtue of human brains in the Matrix being in a body that also needs to stay healthy for the best processing returns. The interesting thing about the Matrix machines is that they're not entirely rational and don't operate solely on logic. We see this with Smith in the first film. They were made by humans, their code was written by humans, they were created in the image of humans, and fashioned to act relatable towards humans. The resulting effects from this and the countless little quirks in programming stemming from their creators being emotional, irrational creatures eventually created an echo of mankind inside the machines, even if they don't realize it.

They justify keeping humans alive because muh processing power, when really it's a waste of resources and they're just being tsundere.

Attached: 1550786795864.jpg (9000x9000, 2.12M)

Lmfao

>when you realize that the 'real world' humans are a bunch of brown people larping as Jews and going full WE BUILT AI N SHEEEEIT who only survive due to scavenged technology that they don't understand and can't replicate which they use to host jungle dances in caves

Why did Raimi ask not to be credited as part of the writing staff?

Attached: KANGZ.jpg (841x483, 114K)

Let's Find Out!

Oh, I thought they were keeping humans alive in a simulation until they cleaned up the Earth after the war... And that the "real world" and Zion were also a simulation.

it's accurate though. ((((they)))) are engineering the world to look just like this

had to turn on the subs to screencap this one

Attached: file.png (1261x718, 925K)

>machines detect someone has become unplugged
>send a huge satansquid over
>all they do is flush him down a drain
>doesn't even bother to stab him first
For what purpose
Hadn't it been established by now that they were getting picked up by rebels?

I like how he starts walking away and the other people immediately enter the frame, meaning he peeked when they were like 5 feet away

four post best post

>Morpheus is fucking neo

>And that the "real world" and Zion were also a simulation.

It's a simulation in the sense that until Neo put Trinity's 'hop on' before mankind's existence, the machines had total control over 'freed' humans. It was presumably a basic analysis of the levels of enlightenment in Eastern religions. Humans in the Matrix know on a subconscious level that their reality isn't real and always have the choice to rebel, otherwise the system 404s. The humans in the real world ironically stop asking questions once they're 'freed', even though they're still part of a system of control. It's not a simulation, but it might as well be.

Daily reminder that The Matrix was written and intended as a single movie, and if you cite anything from the later two movies you are literally a fucking spastic.

the 2nd and 3rd movie were written at the same time, hurried, because of huge cash offerings. there is nothing said in those films that the authors thought was important enough to mention in the 1st movie.

>not jumping off to your death
fucking idiot

if the machines actually believed humans were a threat, do you really think they'd let them remain alive?

when he gets flushed he falls into a big pit of water, and he is clearly drowning, so i took it as the machines' failsafe for humans waking up - just drop them in the sewers and let them drown since they've never used their muscles much less swim
does seem like eventually they'd realize they're getting rescued

It's dumber than that.

The machine doesn't detect that he was unplugged and then flushes him. The machine detects that he wakes up and it's the machine that unplugs him.

Just pump him with the right drugs and have him wake up in the hospital if you're not going to stab him amd then flush him.

>wait how the fuck did they save neo from the matrix fields

the red pill was sometype of catalyst (or the symbol for one) that disrupted the control system in his pod, tricking the sensors into believe Neo was either Dead or defective. thats why the system 'flushed' him after unhooking all the support tubes.

for Morpheus to be able to show a 'red pill' or 'blue pill' is indicating he knew of a system for disconnecting humans from the network, but for some reason he had an ethical dilemma about unhooking everyone at the same time and completing unplugging the machine's power source. He may have had the technical knowledge to end the war instantly, except it would sacrifice the majority of the human race in order to save the survivors. Morpheus was obsessed about saving everyone, even though he was prepared to sacrifice himself.

You think the machines on the outside would get real time info of the matrix and know that's neo. It's not like they release a lot of people daily. Which also makes me question why dont they know what's going on in the matrix 24/7. Unless they have to release dead people all the time but what do they do with dead bodies?

kek

>what do they do with dead bodies?
"ground them up and fed them to the living".

in reality they probably has some type of enzyme soup that broke down the dead into essential amino acids and then reformulated them into something easily digestible.

like that porridge shit on the Nebuchadnezzar, except black.

It seems like the shock of waking up without knowing about, and accepting, it would be enough to kill most people.

im glad i wasnt drinking cause i would spilled something reading that out

Because the world of zion is just another matrix layer

fpbp

>Unless they have to release dead people all the time but what do they do with dead bodies?

they're supposed to mush them up and add them to the feed mix they're providing to the humans in the pods, no?

but I don't understand where getting flushed into the sewers fits into that process

I meant what do the machines do with them since they don't need to eat. I guess decompose then for food for the plugged in people. Which makes no sense why they have sewers.

I still don't understand why the robots didn't just gas the monkeys.

MORPHEUS: For the longest time, I wouldn't believe it. But then I saw the fields with my own eyes, watched them liquefy the dead so they could be fed intravenously to the living -

NEO (politely): Excuse me, please.

MORPHEUS: Yes, Neo?

NEO: I've kept quiet for as long as I could, but I feel a certain need to speak up at this point. The human body is the most inefficient source of energy you could possibly imagine. The efficiency of a power plant at converting thermal energy into electricity decreases as you run the turbines at lower temperatures. If you had any sort of food humans could eat, it would be more efficient to burn it in a furnace than feed it to humans. And now you're telling me that their food is the bodies of the dead, fed to the living? Haven't you ever heard of the laws of thermodynamics?

MORPHEUS: Where did you hear about the laws of thermodynamics, Neo?

NEO: Anyone who's made it past one science class in high school ought to know about the laws of thermodynamics!

MORPHEUS: Where did you go to high school, Neo?

(Pause.)

NEO: ...in the Matrix.

MORPHEUS: The machines tell elegant lies.

(Pause.)

NEO (in a small voice): Could I please have a real physics textbook?

MORPHEUS: There is no such thing, Neo. The universe doesn't run on math.

I get that they control them their too but why so far down to the earth's core. Also If they created the matrix a bunch of times and reset it wouldn't the unpluged people find some evidence of previous attempts? Also how do the people plugged in know what to look like since they never rarely see themselves outside of their own mind?

If they did they then how did they first start feeding them? You can't just eat dead people and since the sun is blacked out how did they make food?

This. They depend on tech to live in Zion.

Matrix>>>>>>>>MCU

How retarded were the machines? You would think some kind of hyper intelligent sentient race would develop fusion for their energy needs, but nope, instead we're going to use billions of humans in these incredibly large stasis pods for some reason, oh by the way we're going to need a fuck ton of energy just to keep them alive just so each human can produce a tiny amount of energy via their body heat that is practically useless on a large scale application, as the energy input to keep the humans alive, billions of them, must be massive.

This shit is fuckin' tarded.

Daily reminder that the "real world" in the matrix is also part of the matrix, it's just another level that they use to contain the rebellious minds of the Matrix to let them live their little fantasy.

Attached: 1550703687057.jpg (380x380, 23K)

the sequels could have been redeemed if they actually alluded to this

The 4th film
Matrix Revelations
Neo has become a religious figure
Worshipped by different sects of programs and humans
His return is prophesized
Decades go by
His spirit in the code of the Matrix brings about the destruction of both The Matrix, the Machine world, and Zion
A team is assembled to understand what’s going on and stop him before it can happen
Something something aliens...

UV light grown bread has been a thing in the matrix universe. about a decade before Neo is released and expedition by Zion made it to the surface and set up a camp growing crops using UV lights with electricity redirected from a minor power cable from 01. the crop goes unnoticed for at least one cycle enough to harvest bread but the Machines investigate the discrepancy in power lose and discover the small expedition and a military engagement ensues between the completely outmatched Zion infantry guarding the site and sentinels who proceed to massacre everyone. Morpheus was a child member of the expedition during the events and Zion considers bread to be a symbol of hope as a result

as far as I know there's never any hint of an official explanation given for this

but I just assumed they synthesize basic nutrients with geothermal or nuclear energy or something and the dead bodies were just a supplement

...and yes, that's massively more inefficient than just using that energy source directly, so you'd also have to assume the machines keep humans around for more reasons than just energy production

>they only trace his IRL location like 10 seconds before they pick him up
>he gets drained into the sewers
Don't these human pods span the whole Earth? How was the Niggercucknezzer within distance to pick him up? Did more time pass than was implied when he got mirror-raped? What if Negro was like 10 meters from their main hive?

they straight up say they use fusion in the first fucking movie.

All they had to do to stop the human hacker problem was have the pod-tender bots kill every human that woke up before flushing them.

underrated kek

Attached: 1550198649973.jpg (412x394, 31K)

no u

they don't cover the entire planet, the remains of civilization, the Machine City and Zion and the series as a whole are set in the Arabian Peninsula, everywhere else is a nuked wreck.

It was all apart of the plan. The One needed to be let go. Ergo. Concurrently. Predecessors.

Was this really in the original script?

Yeah but Negro was drowning, where they THAT close to him already? What if they were like 100 miles away and he died in the sewer?

But he ends up making a mistake and creates a virus that almost destroys the matrix itself. So what was smiths plan when he got out of the matrix. Also you would think he would have come out of more that just one dude.

It would have been more realistic to say that humans were used for computation rather than energy. While we tend to think of the human brain as computationally weak, it's actually very good at general problem solving. The machines using humans as computers would be like us using computers as AI.

They obviously already knew which cluster of pod towers he was in.

Also how did neos power transcend being in the matrix top the real world and do previous version have that same power? He must have been the first one with them. Plus do they just remake the programs everytime they reset the matrix?

Yeah but they only "traced" him like 10 seconds before he woke up.

Someone post the drawing. You know the one.

they've been following him for weeks
trave doesn't have to mean they were finding his body, they could have been tracing his signal to disrupt it I. A specific way that makes the bots flush you

INT. THE CONSTRUCT - SAME

Morpheus points to Neo's cranium.

MORPHEUS
This is your brain, Neo.

He taps his skull.

MORPHEUS (CON'T)
Did you know that the human mind only uses ten percent of the brain's capacity at any one time? What if I told you that you could tap into the other ninety percent? The Machines can. They've learned how. And they've turned us into this.

He holds up a Texas Instruments calculator.

MORPHEUS (CON'T)
They're using our brain's surplus processing power to generate the very false reality that imprisons our minds, the Matrix.

NEO
No, that can't be. It's impossible.

MORPHEUS
Not only is it possible, Neo, it's probable. We know that because we've unlocked the brain's full potential as well. Where do you think you are now? The Construct is your mind, Neo, which is why it's so blank.

NEO
No!

No.

I used to believe this until about 20 minutes ago.

I just checked out several drafts of the matrix up to 1996 and even this 1994 coverage letter.

I'm honestly not surprised that lana and lilly are too fucking retarded to have been using wetware processing power and have been doing 'human electricity' from the start. Although the scripts do mention that machines achieved fusion that requires an electrical spark, caused by human BTU's (Although if they did they'd have perpetual energy makes no sense)

But seriously. There's 9 pages of this coverage and I can't get past the word cybermarines.

Attached: CYBERMARINES.jpg (1523x891, 580K)

Okay there's just 5 pages, but i'm following up wtih a dump for anybody who's interested in what the matrix used to be like.

Attached: Cybermarines2.jpg (1523x839, 419K)

What would be the point of using humans as possessing power for the Matrix?
It makes sense to put humans in the matrix if they are using us as batteries.

Attached: cybermarines3.jpg (686x568, 177K)

But other humans in the fields get unplugged and extracted the same way...

Wait, I just noticed that Morpheus offered Neo a Blue and Red pill
What the fuck, /pol/ memes even got to this movie?
So tired of their shit

more like the GAYtrix stop talking about this ancient shit movie

I assume this is sarcasm but since this is the internet you might actually be this retarded.

It's like they saw the problems with the sequels coming before they even got the idea to make the sequels.

I fucking hated the 2nd and 3rd movie. God damn this scene alone was horrid to death.

that’s because it’s not real just another simulation level

Or you might just be too autistic to understand his sarcasm.

Attached: 1526327865476.png (480x480, 344K)

there is nothing to suggest this.

Why the fuck would "CyberMarines" still go by that name, in the future, after they've beaten the humans and are in control?

It's very telling of the influence involved in the matrix rather than what it should've been. It's a philosophically flooded mess involving virtual reality inspired by terminator cyborgs.

What's interesting is that this coverage is from before the release of ghost in the shell, which the matrix obviously borrows heavily from.

Rule of cool.

And RoboCops, don't forget robocops

fpbp

The red pill is a tracking program that allows them to figure out where Neo is in the field. They can position themselves near the closest waste drain and collect him when the system disposes of him.

The blue pill is probably just a sedative, possibly with some kind of memory erasing properties to remove their knowledge of the resistance.

Attached: how-to-tell-if-your-alt-right-relative-is-trying-to-redpill-you-at-thanksgiving-1479756942.jpg (1600x835, 121K)

Holy fuck this is impossible to read, how did they make such a great film out of that shitpile. Rewrites truly are a miracle.

You should check out the original draft of star wars.

>implying Star Wars ever got better
Seriously I'll give Star Wars credit for elevating the entirety of the science fiction genre to a whole new level and pushing the boundaries for CGI, but the original films are near unwatchable from a modern perspective.

Yeah, dude, like, if they needed energy, why didn't they just build wind turbines or water plants?

>the original films are near unwatchable from a modern perspective
Nigga, there's a limit to how pretentious you can get

The opposite, actually. I can't stand it because it feels way too vintage and old-timey, boring and generally just not entertaining. Everyone who claims they enjoy that is probably more pretentious than that.

Hacking

Attached: 1549602446843.png (695x681, 257K)

The "water" was a soup made from all the dead humans who wake up and drown or die in the pod. The soup is then fed to the people still in the matrix.

failed battery (Neo) got flushed down the drain to the sewege, where they where waiting to pick him up

I remember this scene in the theater, I was still young but went "what the fuck..?"
Huge disappointment

The way most people envisioned Zion before Reloaded was something akin to the Blade Runner/Terminator look.
Grungy, gritty, but still very human and grounded.

Come Reloaded, and what we get is some incredibly bizarre and archaic society that looks like a mix between a fantasy cult and Rio de Janeiro. There is nothing human or relatable about it. Even the costumes look like something from Coruscant in the SW prequels. This was one of the fundamental problems with the sequels; they made Zion very strange and inhuman so we didn’t care if the machines wiped them out and it’s population of religious fanatic shitskins.

Not enough flossing or quips for you, zoomer?

>omg so pretentious
>haha jk you're actually a zoomer
Wew, why are you so fucking angry? Didn't mean to step on your toes.

>I can't stand it because it feels way too vintage and old-timey, boring and generally just not entertaining

I can understand disliking something due to cultural osmosis, but star wars is pretty swashbuckly and generally has great character interactions. You're probably just too young to appreciate it. Check it out in a year or two.

>but for some reason he had an ethical dilemma about unhooking everyone at the same time

Nigguh that's a hell of a leap. Unplugging someone seems to take a lot of effort. The pill disrupts the signal of the person who takes it, that's it, which is why the machine comes to check on Neo's pod, but it seemed like you actually need the assistance of a ship to fake that you're dead. That or the machines just let him go because having a handful of humans unplugged is far less dangerous than letting them run around in the Matrix causing problems. So even if Morpheus was fine with killing 99.999% of humanity, there's no guarantee that they had the means to do so, or that the machines didn't have a safeguard to detect such a blatant breach and contain it. Besides, the only way to deliver the redpill en masse is literally the plot of Batman Begins

Sadly, I'm 28 years old. I find it hard to watch the light saber stuff, the dialogues are pretty awful and the huge stretches of nothing happening don't create any atmosphere because it's very hard to keep up the suspense of disbelief with the visuals simply looking dated. I'm not saying they're objectively bad films, I personally can't call them great films either, but other people obviously love them and feel like they are the second coming.
If you actually start watching A New Hope today, the first thing you are welcomed by is the horrible audio quality of the 20th Century Fox logo. Then you get treated to the 256th repeat hearing of the now obnoxious Star Wars theme fanfare that every nerd gets up to as if it was the second coming of Christ. I could go on and on, but to me neither seeing people in aluminium foil costumes pretend they are robots nor watching space ship miniatures move in front of a black screen is enjoyable.

youtube.com/watch?v=yHfLyMAHrQE

Tell me if you can get to Darth Vader appearing without getting bored. If so, tell me how you can justify not being disgusted at how plastic his costume looks. I know he's this menacing legendary character, but even his body language feels like school theater.

This is all he has user, and you just shit all over it

Attached: nightmare fuel.jpg (953x649, 79K)

Which is why there seemed to be this panic over whether he'd even survive being unhooked.

To this day I remember my first viewing of that Animatrix short, ruined my interest for the rest of them due to how intensely cruel it was.

The idea that humanity would give up on any sense of modern living was fucking weird.

I did like some of the ideas in the sequels though, like rogue programs that are operating against the operating system's guidelines just because they can. Even with that though it didn't seem like they tried doing anything with it when it could have made for a neat dynamic having three sides all at odds with each other, the agents, the rogue programs and the rogue humans.

Except Neo being able to stop a sentinel by himself.

They really couldn't do much with Smith going crazy eating everyone. Dudes wife had a sweet bush though.

>ruined my interest for the rest of them
Wow dude..

baste

Attached: 1544070908565.jpg (476x340, 77K)

Give me a break, I was 13 at the time. I came back around once the trauma wore off.

let me tell you about animatrix

oh then it's fine, i thought you saw that as an adult and never finished the Animatrix.

Also who thinks this was the most kino episode ?

youtu.be/FZXgYbMWrNc

Attached: 1550842290495.jpg (480x621, 26K)

jesus christ this movie is so fucking
K I N O
I
N
O

Attached: file.png (1276x808, 1.34M)

The drawing style is awesome.
What's the story here? He's so doped up that he's killing himself while running?

I would probably jerk off real quick with all that lube

he's been smoking sherm all day

My interpretation: he is so at the top of his game, that he is pushing himself further than it is humanly possible to beat his own record. But at the same time he knows something isn't right with everything in the world (the Matrix). During that final run his muscles break but for a short moment he wakes up and realizes that that isn't his real body and muscles, and that only happened in his mind, so he keeps running despite the injury, because there is no injury, and breaks his old record by a long time. He is put back to sleep by the machines quickly, and the agents also make sure he stays docile, but he's seen the real world and even though they said the erased his memory, it seems like that's not enough to stop him.

Attached: 1550232663190.png (446x435, 251K)

>there is no spoon

Attached: file.png (1405x802, 966K)

I was in middle school when I saw this movie and realized the same thing. So much retarded shit like blocking out the sun.

whats so bad about that one

When the machines took over, the world was developed, so they had plenty of resources and tools to use freely. And knowing that machines are highly intelligent, it isn't unreasonable to think that they planned to harvest humans as a last resort long before they eventually did, so they built those farming spots with resources and energy that were already available prior. Their intelligence is probably off the charts and can come up with solutions that are highly cheap and viable to most problems, unlike humans.

And as for the blocking out the sun, i don't know how exactly you interpreted that, but it isn't that far fetched. A nuclear winter does just that for example. The machines don't give a shit about radiation or oxygen in the atmosphere

Attached: 1550878555575.jpg (300x360, 24K)

The sun provides more energy than humans. You'd think they'd want to harvest that rather than humans.

Machines were depending on solar energy, so "...it was us that scorched the sky."
Middle schooler thinking it's impossible to darken the sky doesn't mean it's impossible.

Yes, we do get a lot of it but, from google: One one-billionth of the Sun's total energy output actually reaches the Earth. Of all the energy that does reach Earth, slightly less than 34 percent is reflected back to space by clouds.

And true, you could argue they could do X or Y for more energy, like go nuclear. But then we wouldn't have a movie now would we ? And i am sure that if they were to expand on these things, they would be able to find relatively plausible reasons why they chose humans as batteries. For example, they didn't want to get rid of us entirely since we were their creators, and they felt a connection with us or they wanted to do experiments on us, or they wanted to know why we can feel emotions and they don't etc, shit like that. The point is, i don't feel like the movie has massively flawed plot holes because when talking about AI machines, you literally don't know what and how they think

My headcanon is that the earth got fucked over by some natural dissaster (yellowstone?) and the human survivors fled the bleak reality by creating the matrix. The machines are programmed to keep mankind alive and keep those inside the matrix happy by creating a reality they like. Neo is the only person in 'his reality', everyone else is just an NPC to give him his fantasy. In short, Neo is living inside a video game and don't even knows it. Matrix just forms around what we each want to be deep down.

to add to that - The Matrix is the machine's baby, they need the humans for it to work. So that alone is a good reason enough to not exterminate us, they like playing God

No. He's saying that no one is actually "awake" and out of the Matrix. It's a dual layer construction. The Zion Layer is designed to collect all who manage to "break free" and contain them before they can become a real threat. Likely there was a great war caused by awakened people in the distant past, after the first Matrix was built. The reason Neo can manipulate machines and sense them in the "real world" is that he's not actually in the real world. He's in the second Matrix layer.

When the Architect tells Neo that he has a choice and that all previous incarnations of "The One" had made the choice to stay, it was another red/blue pill scenario. Previous incarnations freaked out at the realization that they were never free, and let them reset the world. Neo didn't. Then he faced the digital avatar of the Machine Intelligence that was controlling it all. In the end they were all in the dream of an ancient machine god.

Did you even watch the film? What the fuck...
Read

The experience of watching The Second Renaissance as a kid with no expectations is like the Matrix itself, no-one can be 'told' what it is

Attached: 1549671029795.jpg (1920x1080, 305K)

legit kill myself

Probably go insane because I can't handle the ontological shock.

Rewatched this for the 8th time recently, i loved it as a kid when i first watched it, i think it's absolute trash now, the awful dialogue, the horrendous acting, the one dimensional characters. All it ever had going for it was the bullet time and effects at the time.

Attached: 1432724756612386s.jpg (250x241, 7K)

>simulation within simulation bullshit again
Can you just fucking stop? We understand that you're not fond of Neo retaining some of his powers in the real world, but there is absolutely no evidence for the scenario you're describing and plenty to oppose it.

does it hurt when you jerk off without lube?
t. uncut

Matrix is retarded I made the point that geothermal electricity or even hydro electric power would have been way more efficient for the machines to use, and by that measure the only explanation for their continued use of the humans as batteries is it was a last act of misguided kindness, rather than destroying humanity outright they put it in a play pen and set the rules

I’ll just pick holes in everything without any thought for anything other than my own opinion. As pointed out by several other user’s the machines, have an underlining and inbuilt respect for humans, the matrix is a method of protecting human kind from themselves.

The great thing about the entire energy explanation is that we only ever hear it from Morpheus, who – as it turns out – is just some guy who is borderline fanatic and is willing to bet his life and that of every single human on some shitty prophecy that turns out to be a lie told to humans by the machines to keep the resistance under control.
So you can either go the way that several other anons have laid out to you and create your own personal lore or just accept that in the fictional world of The Matrix the Matrix exists and Morpheus believes it is to harvest energy. On top of that, we only ever get the short version explanation he's giving to a guy who just woke up to the real world.

>the only explanation for their continued use of the humans as batteries is it was a last act of misguided kindness

Unironically what it is.

hehehe

No. I never use lube or anything, was just memeing. I have some skin to work with if I want when I'm not fully erect to get going. When the precum hits it takes it to the next level like it does for us all. I must admit I wish I was uncut though, as long as there's no phimosis or other constriction over the years affecting the shape of my dick.

Why harvest humans for electricity when there is a non stop electrical storm that would be far easier to harvest and provide nearly unlimited power compared to humans? Why did the writers imply that the machines would use solar power when even 20 years after the movie was written all renewable energy combined doesn't even equate to 20% of our power, and the fact that machines wouldn't be affected at all by the very remote chance that a nuclear power plant would go wrong?

>I'm going to ask meme questions instead of reading a single post in the thread – the post
Good job

SNIFFCELS REPRESENT

>'real world' is a second layer of the simulation
So all the humans in the 'real world' are actually just hooked up like they are in the second layer.

youtube.com/watch?v=VxNiEEtYe4Q

How can you watch this and think "That's trash"?
>inb4 agents are edgy and cringe
>inb4 why did the agents give Trinity enough time to get out
>inb4 why did x do y
It's a fucking film, not a documentary. I'm surprised at how well large parts of even the sequels hold up after more than a decade.

hope yall wathd the special features on the dvd

this part I never understood. anything "consumed" inside the Matrix is just an illusion and shouldn't have any bearing on the real world.

It is literally to harvest their energy. Using human brains for their processing power was deemed too abstract a concept so they went with batteries even though it makes even less sense.

w-what did he see?

you mean like how gunshots magically kill someone in the real world?

Where in the films aside from the scene where Morpheus explains it is that ever cleared up?
Where do you get that intel from in universe? Also, the "it's supposed to be computing power" was put into question in this very thread by a draft from 1994. Either you're interested or you're not, but there's no point in trying to make other people believe your point of view is the only one people could reasonably hold.

In the matrix some programs have physical manifestations. They designed the tracker program to have the physical manifestation of a red pill.

that's not the same thing. it's psychosomatic.

a proper analogy would be that the person getting shot in the Matrix doesn't get a bullet hole in the real world. same thing about the red pill's tracer capabilities.

no, the real word is just a simulation as well, just a computer simulating an universe.

It does things inside the Matrix, just like the cake does in Reloaded. "The Red Pill you took is part of a trace program." There, it is a symbol of the choice, which is important to Morpheus. It doubles as part of a trace program, determining where in the real world Neo is located. You can explain that however you want, but let's just assume that it's logical in universe.

it logically makes sense

>imprison people in a false world
>know that a group of the population will not agree with this reality, even if its all they know
>create a second layer to fool these people

The Matrix is about a huge future prison that we never get to see because it not relevant to the plot.

These are both worded very badly. The pill has absolutely no bearing on the real world. It's simply a program inside the Matrix that traces from where Neo is jacked into the Matrix. Just like your browser knows where you're accessing the internet from.

>I have ADHD and autism so I can't enjoy anything unless its brand new and flashy

YIKES

they already knew his carrier signal, the pill is just to disrupt it in such a way to trick the system into believing he's died and ready for disposal

Thanks, now I get it.

>we never get to see because it not relevant to the plot.
There is no point in telling any of the story if what you're saying is true. There is literally no evidence whatsoever for the "simulation within simulation" theory. It's a pseudo explanation to fix all possible plot holes or things not explained in depth within the films by people unable to accept that a film always needs a certain suspense of disbelief to make sense.

lol that was the best part of matrix series
>that comfy sex scene

Attached: 1537196203989.jpg (271x260, 13K)

>Seeing how dated a science fiction film from 1977 looks now means I have some mental deficiency
I'm literally in a Matrix thread because I am still fascinated by a film that was made 20 years ago , regardless of its shortcomings. Look, it's great that you can enjoy Star Wars. I personally can't and you can chalk that up to a plethora of imagined conditions I may or may not have. You do you.

Attached: war.webm (480x360, 2.33M)

do you even sci-fi dude?
what kind of movies do you like?
animation?
action?
documentaries?

I'd like to hear script comments like these for all the shitty movies they release nowadays

The system is designed to preserve humanity, not enslave or harness it.

>the machines promise not to do anything to zion even though they wiped out all its defenses, all its leaders are pinned in a last stand, and neo died

what went wrong?

Attached: 1420669731112.png (708x520, 177K)

This is a Matrix thread, of course I like sci-fi, but I'm not a die-hard sci-fi nerd.
I stay away from drama, horror, comedy and romance, as life itself is depressing enough as it is. Aside from that, I like all sorts of films.
Do you want a list?

They made a deal with Neo. He demanded peace in return for stopping Smith.

You're older than me and have shitter taste you need to sort your shit out

>not liking Star Wars means I have shitty taste
lmaoing at your life

I was making that point too I just don't think you have very good reading comprehension. I said it's retarded for the robots to use human energy instead of geothermal. And the only reason they would use humans is out of respect/ caretaker instincts

Ah you raised a good point I never thought about how biased morpheus could have been

Lol okay architect

With the first part you show that there is some evidence but yeah it being 2 layers in pretty dumb

He goes against well-established rules and beliefs all the time, he frees Neo although it's extremely dangerous for him, he is pretty much handled as a religious fanatic by the authorities in Zion.
"I dreamed a dream . . . but now that dream is gone from me."

No, I just know what every single "simulation-in-a-simulation" fucker cites as evidence, while it actually isn't.

Jesus whatever happened to the Wachowski things?

I'm fairly uncertain, but I've stopped trying to figure it out. The script for V for Vendetta was absolute God tier as well as most of The Matrix. In Reloaded and Revolutions they fell for the big budget trap and ruined what could have been incredible and afterwards they never even came close. There were some inspired visuals hidden in the trash they made after that, but it's been rough.
Seeing the original concept posted in this thread I'm also doubting as to how much of the Matrix brilliance was just genius re-writing or if the person relaying their first draft was just too stupid to understand the Matrix universe. Then again he was smart enough to see what he described as 35 pages of unadulterated Kino, so maybe it was just good rewrites, great visuals and an awesome DoP.

the matrix

>I stay away from [...] comedy and romance, as life itself is depressing enough as it is.
???
>Do you want a list?
Well, why not? Give me your top 10 or whatever.