I can't carry it for you

>I can't carry it for you
>but I can carry you!!
I don't get it

Attached: images (58).jpg (300x300, 17K)

metaphor for AIDS caregivers

niggers

black people

He wanted to trim Frodo's verge. Share the load.

You see, only Frodo could carry the ring. So Sam ingeniously got around it by literally carrying Frodo who was carrying the ring. This does raise the question of "why didn't Gandalf get the eagles to carry Frodo?" in the first place.

Why didn't the eagles just carry Frodo then?

Did you forget about the giant nazgul things in the sky? And how the eye would easily spot them? And then orcs would fire arrows and shit?

Why didn't the nazgul things or orcs just kill Frodo when he was walking then? Why did they focus on Rohan and helms deep when they should have just looked for Frodo?

They never found out about Frodo. He's a hafling, nobody is looking for a fucking Hobbit outside the shire when Gondor and Rohan are marching for you with the heir of the King amongst them.

Why didn't they use the eagles is a terrible "loophole" that anyone with half a brain can figure out exactly why they didn't.

white man's burden

>They never found out about Frodo
Frodo put on the ring and the literal eye of sauron was staring at him.

Tolkien is a hack and only dicklet virgins think otherwise

Frodo had the real burden with the ring, but he could physically carry Frodo
it's friends helping one another

If this worked why not just encase the ring in a cube of lead? Find an animal to carry the ring?

I trust the trips

t.GoTcel

ON A DARK DESERT HIGHWAY
COOL WIND IN MY HAIR

bullshet, most GoT watchers here liked LOTR a lot

Attached: THANK_THE_GODS.jpg (1920x1080, 135K)

>fire arrows

Attached: 1478431235016.jpg (1065x859, 76K)

>They never found out about Frodo.
They tortured Gollum into revealing "Shire! Baggins!" and from that point on were looking for a halfling from the Shire named Baggins.

>CAUSE I LOVE A RAINY NIGHT

Attached: 1550765734849.png (250x250, 7K)

>I can't do your taxes, but I can change the policies for you!
what did he mean by this

Attached: 1523881210018.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

Sauron thought Aragorn had the ring is the short answer.
Explanation: When Pippin looked into the palantir, Sauron saw him and assumed that Saruman had captured him, in addition to believing he had the ring. He sent the Nazgul to Isengard to retrieve him, but this was after Saurman had been overthrown, so once the Nazgul arrived Sauron would think the ring had slipped away. That's why Gandalf took Pippin with him and rushed to Minas Tirith; Sauron would think thats where the ring had gone. After the battle of MT Aragorn used the palantir to confront Sauron, which freaked Sauron out because he assumed that Aragorn must have the ring now, and Aragorn followed up by marching on the Black Gate which would be (and was) absolute suicide unless Aragorn also had the ring.

Basically Sauron got completely played by Gandalf's plan.

That’s a good idea actually. Just have the hobbits hold the ring, and have something faster carry the hobbits. I think the eagles would be a good choice.

Yeah, arrows that are on fire.

Had Sam held The Ring of Power, it too would have corrupted him and thus the mission would have failed. It would have led to more infighting

Sam DID hold the ring and it was pretty much incapable of corrupting him because Sam wanted absolutely nothing to do with power. The best the ring could do to tempt him was basically
>Hey man, you could have the BEST FUCKING GARDEN EVER if you claim me
Sam considered it for about two seconds before basically concluding that the very idea was idiotic. The ring pretty much left him alone after that.

Attached: scene.jpg (969x652, 146K)

*hits pipe*

>carries it anyway when he thinks Frodo is dead
I really don't get it.

That was very well written and explained. Are you a virgin by any chance?

No. Why would you want to know that?

But what could Aragorn have even done with the ring?

I don't know personally. The exact powers the ring could convey to someone like Aragorn or Gandalf are never explicitly detailed. All we know is that for stronger individuals, it does a lot better shit than just making you invisible. Presumably it somehow would let him beat Sauron.

Did you even watch the movie?
Splash damage of course. He probably could have solo'd Mordor by himself with decent micro.

Probably an power multiplier like Kaio-ken in Gandalfs case, making his magic strong enough to wipe out Mordor or something. I dunno.

Literally read the first few pages of the book, "concerning hobbits"

does elrond fight in the LOTR movies? i dont really remember him fighting the witch king in the hobbit, but he was fairly badass in the film. i just find it odd that he picks and chooses when to fight

Seriously, well done: I've seen the movies a dozen times and read the books twice and never would have made out that's why Saurman did what he did.

It's still retarded that he didn't have a constant guard on Mt Doom from the second the ring was made, but it softens the blow

Supposedly you would be granted access to Sauron's immeasurable malice and power to dominate over others. But that in itself might even be a lie because that is never shown in the books or movies. The only powers the ringwearer actually receives is an acute sense of spirits and dark magic, the ability to remain hidden from the naked eye, and an unnaturally stretched out lifespan. All of these powers helped the Ring itself get closer to its master. The Ring's true power might have simply been temptation which twists even the most noble beings into cruel creatures.

his army was offensive, not defensive. plus, literally no one, including sauron, bleieved the ring could be controlled/managed to the point of bringing it to destruction. gandalf planned for a couple decades before deciding to give frodo the chance.

what im curious of is if a Took could be a successful ringbearer. Tooks and Baggins were were pretty much the only hobbits willing to do anything adventurous, though i think the Tooks were more reckless.

The burden of the ring is not a burden like a heavy knapsack, it's an emotional and conceptual burden like honor, or a bond of fellowship. Additionally, there are physical effects the wearer suffers due to the magical power of the ring such as the intense desire to use it for their own personal gain.
So Sam does not incur any of the conceptual or mystical effects of being a ring bearer by carrying Frodo

nice wirting, BRAVO HACKSON

In the books he does not fight directly at all
While he IS a highly capable warrior, that is not his place. He's a leader and a commander, it would serve no purpose for him to get into the thick of battle.
He does, together with Gandalf, create the flood that washes away the Nazgul when they pursue Frodo into Rivendell but that was him using his ring combined with his authority over the land (ownership has an intrinsic power in middle earth, one of the ways magic actually works)

yeah thats kinda what i recall, just making sure i didnt forget any battles he led the charge in or anything. he was a wise man in the books, with references to battles millennia ago.

>He does, together with Gandalf, create the flood that washes away the Nazgul when they pursue Frodo into Rivendell

Except that was Glorfindel, who was entirely written out so some cunt could insert a strong womyn character. The real insult is that they kept his horses name the same and just gave him to Arwen.

Asfaloth is Glorfindels fucking horse goddamnit.

Just have the eagle put on the ring so he's invisible

No Elrond was the one to create the flood with Gandalf, Glorfindel was the one who ferried Frodo to the land
Only the lord of Rivendell can command the lands

I love movies where the plot isn't explained in the egregiously plodding hours of film
Great trilogy you guys!! Love it!!!!

Aragorn is the rightful King of Gondor and Arnor
In his hands the Ring would have likely given him dominion over all of mankind
Every human becomes completely loyal to his commands and he gathers them under his banner, even Sauron's human allies would desert him.
To Orcs he would likely be able to instill an immense amount of primordial fear. Sam was able to freak orcs the fuck out and he was just a hobbit who only carried it. The King of all mankind claiming the ring would one-up that massively.
As a result he would be able to raise an army that genuinely could go 1 on 1 with what Mordor could put out, and in battle his troops would have unbreakable morale while Sauron's troops would break at the slightest opportunity.
Unfortunately this absolute dominion would rather quickly corrupt Aragorn turning him into a tyrant set on uniting all of middle earth, first with good intentions no doubt, but eventually he would turn into the very dark overlord he sought to vanquish

small note is that the thing that freaked Sauron out was that Aragorn was able to make the palantir obey his commands over Sauron's
Sauron misinterpreted this as him having the ring, but the actual truth behind it was that the palantir obeys him because he's the rightful owner

This stuff isn't in the movies at all. It's all from the books. The movies kind of gloss over this completely, although the bones of it are left in place (with the extended edition).

God I LOVE the extended editions they add so much PLOT!!!!

Why are you so mad?

I'm not MAD!! I'm just so EXCITED this AMAZING story that people care about could be told!!! And hours and hours of it no less!!! With realistic walking times too!!!! And fantastic acting and CGI!!!! Absolutely based Jackson!!!!!

I thought you were mad, my mistake.

No but thanks for your concern!!! I appreciate it!! Be well friend!!!

Glorfindel fucked balrogs on the reg, a river wouldn't refuse him

Eagles can’t fly low?

that doesn't matter, the river is in the domain of Elrond, it only obeys him

baggins arent adventurous, frodo is half took or so and so is bilbo, the only other conceivable choice is a young brandybuck

There’s no guards cause the
Mere thought of destroying the ring is so impossible Sauron would never even think that was the plan

And Sauron was right, Frodo couldn’t destroy the ring in the end, no one could. Eru had to literally push Gollum in

>Movie is bad because it doesn't explain every detail to satisfy my autism

Attached: cir.png (744x550, 4K)

>movie can't be bothered to explain things that appear onscreen as deus ex machina because the director didn't care to include include essential details to the story despite hours and hours and hours of film featuring such fascinating details such as walking, gay men hugging and crying repeatedly, extended editions including entirely non-essential side plots meant only for characterization and color revealing nothing meaningful about the core plot of the films

Attached: 1547281051028.gif (600x331, 2.28M)

People have been watching these movies over and over again for years and were never bothered by these "essential details to the story", maybe you're just being an autist and these points don't actually matter? Plot is one of the least important aspects of a film anyways only focused on by autists like Adam the Dogfucker

>Plot is one of the least important aspects of a film anyways

Attached: 1546152224653.jpg (505x550, 21K)

>People have been watching these movies over and over again for years and were never bothered by these "essential details to the story"
Huge shocker considering almost every vocal LOTR trilogy supporter has ALSO read the books!

>Muh plot

Attached: 1530711034591.png (753x960, 29K)

You don't even deserve a reaction image. You're just ignorant, whether deliberately or intentionally.

And they read the books AFTER watching the movies a hundred times

London?

Thinking plot is a hugely important aspect is alot more ignorant, ask some of the greatest directors like Tarkovsky, plot will never be an aspect of major importance. Editing, directing, cinematography, music, acting and set design are all way more important. You can have the greatest plot of all time and your movie will still be complete garbage if these aspects are bad.

Roasties like you will never get LOTR

*or incidentally

OK so I have to read several books after every movie based on them to be able to grasp the actual nature of each character motivation and the greater significance of the plot put on the screen because "WELL it was in muh books"? You realize films are designed to be digested entirely in their own medium, on their own grounds? That cut content doesn't matter so long as what's presented onscreen should be entirely coherent and can be understood by the audience paying with both their time and money to watch it?

>movies are more than just plot and any one of multiple elements failed can ruin a film
Wow never would have thunk it, thanks a lot man! You're really smart! Never even heard of this Cherkevskoy fella!

They can't

>OK so I have to read several books after every movie based on them to be able to grasp the actual nature of each character motivation and the greater significance of the plot put on the screen because "WELL it was in muh books"? You realize films are designed to be digested entirely in their own medium, on their own grounds? That cut content doesn't matter so long as what's presented onscreen should be entirely coherent and can be understood by the audience paying with both their time and money to watch it?
I have literally never read the books and the movies still made perfect sense to me, you are just being an autist.

Then the Eagle will want the Ring, dumbass

Oh good, then can you explain Gandalf the White's return to me please?

>>movies are more than just plot and any one of multiple elements failed can ruin a film
>Wow never would have thunk it, thanks a lot man! You're really smart! Never even heard of this Cherkevskoy fella!
Well good, you forgot about it during this conversation :)

God

He died, went to a heaven-like world and came back to earth.

fuck these movies and the horrible cgi. fuck harry potter and all the 20 somethings. fuck everyone who likes the comic version of this genre.

its not high art. but its not fucking spiderman 69ing himself to further everyones microdicks into eternity.

Good one! You really got me! lmao christ I seriously hope you're not a film major
OK, no. But either way, how? Why? This is exactly an example of the on-screen deus ex machina I mentioned earlier. Yes it's fully explained, at least as far as it can be in the books, but that doesn't apply here. They're standalone films. You ever see LOTR books bundled with movies? No you don't.
Thanks for proving my point.

>and then the great white man came back! and he saved everyone! happy ending! :)
>oh where did he come from and why now? uhhhhhhhhh

Anyway, good luck you infantile retards. See you in the next LOTR film cringe thread. Bless you and enjoy reading the Silmarillion for the fourth time.

In the book he carried the ring but he started to succumb to it very quickly

well "adventurous" in the fact that they're willing to kinda go along, if not to just run away from all fights. but ig et what you mean, i think i remember the families were interwoven, so i guess its conceivable its the Took side that is adventurous and the Baggins are clever.

There, the reddit dilema is over.

Attached: 1534834299606.jpg (1920x1080, 447K)

Because it was about the journey not the destination, user. It wasn't about the ring per se, but about White men of different cultures uniting and rising up to defeat Jewry and the brown hordes that act as their foot soldiers.

>But either way, how?
for the movie, its literally not important since everyone understands gandalf is magic jesus. but if you wanna know, in the books Gandalf was judged and deemed worthy to return to middle earth to help complete the quest.

what is interesting here is that saruman is also a maiar and could go through the same process, hypothetically. he isnt killed in the LOTR books (except some bullshit afterword), but the extended movie he's killed off following the ent siege on minas tirith. hypothetically, he could be judged and reincarnated in some form, likely lower (less powerful). but thats totally not in the book and im glad they didnt kill off saruman in the theater release

>obviously everyone just understands gandalf is magic jesus
>also the BOOKS say (...)
lmao

But the greedy dwarves are the jews

dwarves are american jews, elves are israeli jews, men are euro jews

Why didnt the gods that reincarnated Gandalf just destroy the ring like they destroyed Numenor

>But either way, how? Why?
I figured he was an angel-sorta thing and he explained how he came back good enough for anyone with a brain to understand, anyhow it didn't destroy the plot as you get the gist and there is no need to go further as that would be a waste of the audience's time

>someone who literally ordains the fate of every character they make contact with after reappearance with, reshaping not only the plot but the in-world alliances and central characters
>just make up your own reasons for him coming back to life, both in general and at this exact time, bro!

kek they actually addressed this

Eagles would have been corrupted by the ring

my understanding is the higher gods simply dont care about the world in the sense that they pick sides and will do anything to win. they send down their emissaries/angels/maiar to do their part. some of the maiar do things, some fuck off into the woods. imagine the gods are 70 year old retired boomers who are trying to kick out their mid-40s kid who still lives with them

why did they not just put the ring on a stick and get a powerful wizard to make a big fire
whole thing would of been over in half in hour

we all agree that, while it would be neat, it's a good thing tom bombadil wasnt in the movies, right? i mean, there's quite a bit in the books to explain his purpose and attitude, but theres no way an avg audience could appreciate him. everyone would be coming out of the cinema wondering why tom didnt just remove the ring from existence, or destroy sauron immediately or some shit

or just pull a david copperfield. wait until sauron dozes off, make a duplicate mt doom around him, move the eye tower, and have frodo go on his merry way easily.

no you retard

The clever ones are Brandybuck

Merry is the one that makes up the whole plan on leaving the shire with frodo.

huh, weird. i just looked up and apparently all four are part-Took.

He was offering his anus.

Pippin touched the Palantir after Helm’s Deep, you are saying he didn’t find out about the loss in Helm’s Deep battle?