What’s was it like when it came out?

What’s was it like when it came out?

Attached: 1D370A5F-59DE-436B-ADA9-0A73A985A59B.jpg (1211x1817, 2.11M)

>ellen page is in this movie? she's pretty cute!

Act

Everyone loved it, and then slowly over the years it faded away because on re-watch it's really not that good.

If it was 3d it would have been another avatar

Constant never ending waifu/husbando threads for the cast

was my favorite movie, slowly faded out of my mind as i slowly realized it wasnt that great

It was the best film ive ever seen in the theater. Completely blew me away, and made my gf at the time fall in love with Nolan

Literally this

Attached: 1405359723222.png (638x225, 9K)

This was probably the last movie I remember everyone talking about. I was so fucking hyped for this shit and saw it twice.

>and made my gf at the time fall in love with Nolan
cuck

I was 13 when i saw it and wanted to lick her forehead

This film was the definition of mediocrity

What a shitty poster. You can tell that the world starts going up like it's a wallpaper--there's no natural curve, it just suddenly goes up like it's falling off a cliff. There should be more of a curve up to that point, but that would be harder to show because you'd have to show the road actually morph rather than simply stop and CGI start.

everyone still loves it. the trailer for the movie is also one of the most important trailers in history

>there are posters in this thread that were not alive when this movie came out

RETURN THE MEMORY

Attached: 1520937127882.jpg (904x904, 221K)

>Came out 9 years ago

Attached: 1550956051666.jpg (640x638, 48K)

So literally 9 year olds or less? Are they the ones that keep complaining about pol and defending captain foot fungus

Remember when South Park made an Inception parody episode that didn't make any fucking sense and then Matt and Trey said they hadn't even watched the movie and based the episode on one trailer they watched?

No, they are pol.

This. Leddit fucking lost their onions over it

what was it like? People spewed out into the streets, proclaiming Nolan a genius. Women were on the ground prostrating themselves, demanding that Nolan impregnate them with his 200IQ seed. Some directors committed suicide because they realized there was no point in continuing to make film when there was someone like Nolan out there churning out masterpiece after masterpiece, It was really something.

A lot of *BRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMM* posting

Attached: 1477710273884.png (714x810, 87K)

how old are u? 9?

Honestly great on the big screen, how it holds up now depends on the tv. Still really good though

UNDERAGE BA-
>checks calendar

Time makes you bolderrrr
Children get older
I'm getting older, too

He could be 18-21, the movie was rated PG-13, so only 13+ year olds would have watched it when it first came out, making them 22 today.

It was a massive event. I remember my friends picking me before the movie saying "dude it's a 10/10 on IMDb!!!" I got so stoned I could barely pay any attention.

This but unironically.

Why is it that every Nolan film has some stupidiest writing and completely ruins the movie after the first watching?

First time his movies give the impression to be smart, but then the second time you start noticing retarded decisions and events that just had to happen for the movie to get going.

Batman: nobody notices a creepy dude planting c4 in a big hospital, nobody notices Batman returning to Gotham even tho the whole city is completely guarded and fenced, Inception half the dialogue is literally explaining whats going on, Interstellar "love is a property of the universe".

Why?

Attached: 54'212554p77.jpg (1354x980, 152K)

Nolan writes premise movies, that makes them really interesting on the first watch but because the premise is already revealed there's not much merit to them afterward.

No, the big thing about Inception isn't the dialogue, it's the stupidity of the relationship. I like the movie a lot but I still can't understand how Cobb's wife WOULDN'T realize that she isn't dreaming after they woke up. How could she not delineate reality from the dream world? If she thought she was still sleeping then why didn't she use any dream abilities in the real world to test it out? How did she even organize people to frame Cobb for her suicide? If she's dreaming then can't she just control it all anyway? It doesn't make any fucking sense and she's supposed to be an expert on dreams. Once you become lucid then knowing that you're in a dream becomes instant once you do reality checks and basic shit like check the time.

It was honestly really annoying. In 2010 everyone liked to pretend that they were "above" enjoying action blockbusters, so the only way they could allow themselves to like Nolan movies was by acting like they were works of genius. Inception, like all his previous movies, couldn't just be a fun movie, it had to be deep and complex as well.

People were calling Nolan the new Kubrick, unironically saying he's one of the greatest directors of all time, and pulling the whole "technical genius" card that people use when they want to give their opinions a veneer of objectivity (this was before TDKR exposed Nolan as a very sloppy filmmaker to even the most delusional fan), etc. You couldn't point out the many corny or poorly executed things in Inception, because that ruined the illusion of it being 'perfect', and that made people mad, because you were implying they were enjoying a regular action, sci-fi movie. Imagine that!

Thankfully people have since become more comfortable with the idea of being brainlets who consume mass entertainment, and we don't have to go through this process every time.

Attached: ellen-page-stephen-colbert.jpg (1024x768, 65K)

Its max spook even for me to see 2000's kids are adults already

Because she fucked up and accidentally used the subconscious mind trick on herself to think that she's dreaming. Didn't you watch the movie? That was shown by her locking up the spin top in the safe while she was in the dream state. It wasn't that she rationally couldn't realize she was in the real world, it was that she had permanently fucked herself up mentally.

Good times. That was the same summer that sc2 came out. Things were looking good. Zoomers just wouldn't understand.

Wasnt this the major plot of the movie? Planting an idea in someones head to make it seem like they thought of it themselves can cause people to do completely crazy shit. That's how the got the guy to ruin his father's company, cause he literally BELIEVES its objectively correct to do so, just like cobbs wife did

Does this follow with Dunkirk? I found it just as good a watch, if not better, on the second viewing. Maybe it's because I'm a right-wing Brit though.

>sc2 comes out
>it's revealed how the UMS system works--popularity not hosting time, so only popular maps were ever hosted and it generated no incentive for map makers to create interesting maps
>Units can walk through one another, so entire UMS map types are literally impossible because the basic premise of the game makes blocking with units not possible

fag

Dunno, havent watched Dunkirk because im relaly not interested in war movies, and also because i was burned after watching Hicksaw JAw or whatever that movie is called which most people said it was a great war and turned out to be a retarded inspirational movie.

Also forgot to mention about The Prestige: its been years since i watched it for the second time but i remember clearly thinking "what? this is stupid how didnt i notice this before" which was the moment i realized Nolan is a magician, and on second viewing you get how the trick is done and feel stupid for not catching it the first time.

Memento ive only watched 1 time, it was great but i refuse to watch it again to avoid spoling the great memories i have of that one, does it also suffer from retarded writing?

nope still doesn't make sense literally count your fingers and you know that you're dreaming

Memento is his best movie

It all comes off as cynical to me after enjoying his movies as a teenager. TDK was good, inception was cool to watch, the whole scope of interstellar blew me away. Everyone liked the movies but now all of a sudden light switch and we have to pretend they were bad.
Sure they had flaws, but its completely cynical to say they're some pseud horseshit garbage when there are actual bad movies out there. What do you call something like the maze runner movies then? which we aren't bad by the way but not better than nolan

If youre willing to give another one a chance i'd check out Jarhead. It's anticlimactic but it doesn't pretend to be something its not, it was much more realistic and had more authentic feelings. Was a good time to watch

what was it like?

>Oh shit what visual gimmick can we do that's cooler than the Matrix
Honestly, people gave up trying to outdo the matrix once they realized they never could.

Not much. We are living lives of revisionist history.

Kino. Packed houses, I saw it at the Santa Monica promenade AMC. Audible groans at the last shot. The opening was breathtaking, films didn't BWAAAAAM so much those days.