New IX Leak From MSW

Episode IX

>Planets & Locations

Jason heard again that Jordan was used as a filming location for two planets.

One of them looks like Tatooine.

Lars homestead was reportedly built in Pinewood.

Tatooine is reportedly at the end of the movie.

It looks like a small Ahch-to set was built in Pinewood too.

The second Jordan planet could be named Pazama or something like that. Jason doesn't know the exact spelling and Pazama is just my transcription.

There's a miners/fish market looking town. The whole town was built in Pinewood (so maybe it's the biggest set we heard about). Snowtroopers were there and snow special effects were used there.

Also, there is a droid factory on the miners/fish market set. It's an easter egg heaven - robot from Bad Robot logo is hidden there, John Williams' scores are somehow hidden there, few battle droids from The Phantom Menace, etc.

Kylo supposedly goes to a dark looking castle to get his helmet fixed in the movie - but this could be BS, because he also heard earlier that Knights of Ren fixed his helmet. There's some monkey looking creature on this set.

Kylo was a part of the swamp planet (Black Park) stuff. Kylo's pulling and throwing some Resistance soldiers, but he's probably separated from the main battle on that planet.

Attached: StarWars9Grid.jpg (707x471, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PAt5qM2xXMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YJYRSIDelWU
lucasfilm.com/who-we-are/leadership-team/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Characters

Jason heard about the young Luke & Leia training flashback. Billie Lourd might have been a stand-in for CGI.

Jason seconds info about Keri Russell's character from this leak. She might have been on the snow planet, but Jason says he could be wrong about it.

Knight of Ren's weapons aren't the same as in The Force Awakens. They look like medieval weapons with Star Wars features. They look visually neat.

Jason doesn't know if any of the TFA's KoR is in IX.

>Ships

There's some really black TIE.

Luke's X-wing was on some set. Jason doesn't know if it's the ROTJ one or a different one.

Kylo supposedly has a new ship. It's white with red and black details. It has some cool gadgets.

Supposedly Vader's helmet is on that ship.

Jason heard that Falcon is on a fire at some point.

There's an orange X-wing with R2 unit in it. His source doesn't think it's Poe Dameron's.

Supposedly Rey has Luke's X-wing helmet.

There was supposedly a massive ship on the Cardington set. The final battle with zero gravity was probably filmed there.

>Plot

Jason's gotten info to suggest the MacGuffin changes, going from one thing which leads to something else, and that it ends up revealing the big secret of the movie.

Many machines on Ix

Attached: 1530393366595.jpg (1109x813, 85K)

>macguffin
fuckin jj

who gives a shit.
you can always count on jj to have zero creativity.

Not op but I've heard from my source that the Macguffin is C3PO's red arm. Its actually a sith holocron.

This would be so fucking stupid I will kill myself if this is confirmed

There's no way of saving this other than pretending TLJ never happened and Luke didnt die, just transported himself somewhere else. I dont want to see a fucking force ghost version of him.

I couldnt give a shit about the Knights of Ren. They sound like a bunch of egdelord faggots just like Kylo.

>monkey looking creature on set
ya john boyega has been in 2 movies already

>Supposedly Rey has Luke's X-wing helmet.

She takes so much from him, she may as well be called Luke.

this

Also don't forget that KoR even existing completely shits on Luke. How the fuck do half a dozen students turn to the dark side?

>Tatooine at the end of the movie
Maybe the theory that Rey is Shmi Skywalker is right

Probably Leia retiring there to live in peace and stuff.

No more than the entire Jedi fucking council not noticing how dangerous Anakin was.

Kek

Attached: Obama-Laugh.jpg (3528x2449, 1.44M)

Guess what, Yea Forums! You're going to learn to use a lightsaber!

Would you rather have Yoda teach you Ataru, Obi-Wan teach you Soresu, Anakin teach you Djem So, Dooku teach you Makashi, Kit Fisto teach you Shii-Cho, or Mace teach you Vaapad?

You can only choose one to become "above average" in, and you have to choose wisely! The evil Darth Sidious is going to kill you if you can't last 60 seconds in a duel with him!

Attached: 1484296762684.jpg (958x641, 456K)

>looks like Tatooine.
But it smells like shit. Subverted!

Attached: IMG_0385.jpg (2028x1304, 791K)

How the fuck is this the same guy who made the best episodes of Breaking Bad?

The Jedi Council was useless and incompetent. And even they lost fewer Jedi than Luke to the dark side.

It does boggle the mind. The only thing I can think of is that TV directors have no real power so the BB producers kept him on a very short leash. He got handed the best episodes because he sucked enough dick.

>the BB producers kept him on a very short leash
Based Vince, he better have.

I feel like Yoda and Obi-Wan would be the best teachers, but Anakin would be bro-tier.

Damn, I thought it was about Ray going to Luke's island to fight a sea monster that is later revealed to be the reincarnation of Anakin Skywalker. He tells her about her past and destiny alongside ghost Luke and Yoda. Also CGI Ben Kenobi is there.

Attached: 1486878163997.jpg (695x702, 70K)

It better have ewoks so it rhymes.

what about the Wookies?

Source: ASS

>Source: ASS
it says the source in the title, idiot. MSW is reliable for getting stuff early.

Based "who cares?" poster.

Drip-fed leaks will not save IX
JJ will not save IX
Reylo will not save IX
A new mystery box Macguffin will not save IX
The Knights of Ren will not save IX
Retconning TLJ will not save IX
Callbacks to the prequels will not save IX
Lando will not save IX
Practical effects will not save IX

Jason Ward from Making Star Wars is responsible for the false flag racist attacks on actress Kelly Marie Tran.

He has also played a big part in Disney’s antagonist attack the fans marketing.

He frequently spams links to his site on this very page. If you see a link to MSM posted here be sure to archive it so he doesn’t get any hits.

Jesus Christ will save IX

>Jason Ward from Making Star Wars is responsible for the false flag racist attacks on actress Kelly Marie Tran.
and that's a good thing

>leaks

Fuck off, Disney shill. Your desperation to try to get people interested in this shit again will be in vain.

If im just trying to last 60 seconds, I'll take Yoda. Windu won, but his method seems like it could have gone wrong. Fisto got fucked up in under five seconds.

Source: ASS

Yes, that is the only Way. Jesus Christ returning and violently whipping JJ Abrams his fellow money changers out of the franchise would, in fact, save IX.

Literally this no one cares except for the shit eaters that thought TLJ was “kino”

WHO FUCKING CARES

GET FUCKED JASON WARD

GET FUCKED DISNEY

A FUCKING TREE

I can't wait for the first shitty cam rip to laugh at and cry over with Yea Forumsbros. TLJ was great in that regard. Fuck nuWars

thanks for the (You), friend

So do you guys think episode 9 will gross less money then TLJ and/or won’t break the 1 billion mark?

Legacy of the Skywalkers

He is being quickly destroyed. That piece of shit is responsible for so much bullshit.

>Fisto got fucked up in under five seconds.
What was with that anyway? How the fuck did Fisto and co job so hard against the one guy they've been training their whole lives to fight against?

It will probably gross slightly more than TLJ did but not as much as Disney would like. It won't be a bomb, it will just underperform.

>A FUCKING TREE
it's funny to think back to the rumor going around that the tree was the source of the force and there was a light sister and dark brother that started it all. as terrible as that sounded, it ended up being better than what we got.

Seems to be nothing interesting.

Attached: 1449325326909.jpg (413x395, 19K)

The fuck was Ach-to again? A sequel planet or something memorable?

Mods can you create a fanfiction board to dump these cringey LARP posts into? Imagine sitting there and taking even 15 minutes to type this shit out day after day after day.

>It's white with red and black details
>Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia

Attached: 1547844134969.jpg (1319x433, 157K)

I'd go with Anakin, it's not like I have a crush on him or anything haha.

Attached: 1542982447320.jpg (369x387, 17K)

>the MacGuffin changes, going from one thing which leads to something else

Attached: Noa_Briqualon.jpg (275x361, 32K)

Djem So is an aggressive Soresu, so that.

A sinus problem planet.

>tfw Shaak-Ti's classes are full

Attached: sw.jpg (1024x576, 263K)

Lmao, how do they intended to end the Skywalker saga with THIS?

Patrician choice.

>Jason heard about the young Luke & Leia training flashback
Oh yay, they can shit all over Luke even more by having Leia beat him in a lightsaber fight and teach him a lesson about fighting evil that he only gets after he's died so that he can tell Rey as a force ghost.
So excited!

>The fuck was Ach-to again?
the island Luke was hiding on

EPIX COVERED IN FECES
THIS IS ONE BIG STAR FLOP
ALIENATION
MICE SEETHING
LOW TICKET SALES EVEN THOUGH TARDS KEEP BREEDING

Turns out Noa is the key to unraveling the mysteries of the galaxy. Turns out Noa was actually Teek's pet instead of the other way around. Turns out Teek is the mastermind behind everything.

>Jason heard that Falcon is on a fire at some point.
Oh no they're going to wreck the last cool thing left

No, she's Better-Female-Luke and you will love her

>end the Skywalker saga
It won't, they know if the old fans leave, SW will die, so it will be a non-ending to hook suckers into the next trilogy. If SWX continues the story, its more difficult for fans to get "out" of the fandom and say I don't care to follow this new story.

Ah ok, thanks.

But will it be as kino as Yea Forums's oc?

Attached: 1547570204136.webm (880x452, 2.9M)

He didn't write the episodes and the characters were already defined in earlier episodes. His job was just making sure the emotional resonance was there and directing the other teams (camera, lighting, etc)

*yawns*
That's nice, darling.

I couldnt care less what it does. I feel depressed just thinking about the sequels. What could have been just wasted on this shit.

>evil Darth Sidious is going to kill you if you can't last 60 seconds in a duel with him!

Mace to teach me then, obviously. hes the only one who beat sheev

>Makashi is literally designed to be the perfect technique against another Force-sensitive lightsaber wielder
>Makashi's only weakness is to brute force
>duel against old feeble Sheev
Yeah, I'm going with Dooku

Nuwars writers don't even know what a holocron fucking is.

Makashi because you make me fight with Sidious for 60 s and makashi is best for lightsaber duels according to EU

The old fans are already GONE.

Disney made it a point to alienate them over the corse of gour Disney SW movies, and when they started seeing the downward trend, they responded by lynching those old-school fans for not doing more to spend money on people who openly profess hating them.

Disney shouldn't count on them because they tapped out already. They're gonna have to rely on the "offended by everything" Anita Sarkeesian types to carrry them from now on.

Why is he so perfect lads?

Attached: 5761151-0523936221-55712.jpg (960x678, 138K)

It's the scavenger in her, she just can't stop taking other peoples stuff

Rebels handled holocrons alright

How much you want to bet Ahsoka will be shoehorned into a Nu!Wars movie?
We already got Saw Gerrera in R1 and Dave's pulled every continuity string he can to keep her alive well into the OT era.

>not annihilating prime Ahsoka's Togruta pussy
>perfect

100%

>helmet fixed
I knew Abrams was a hack not this is next level hackery. Why change the one good piece of character development in TLJ where Kylo decided to be his own man rather than just a wannabee Vader fanboy?

Attached: _98247479_ep8-ff-005224.jpg (624x351, 33K)

I guess they're counting on fan service from the previous stuff people liked or semi-liked to try to sell Ep. 9 and wash out Ep. 8.

Three words:
Halloween mask merchandise

oh you

FUCK
YOU
JASON
WARD

I'll be happy if the helmet is 25% improved.

Fuck off Jason

Don't count on it. She isn't an ugly, lumpy brown alien with wide-set eyes, so she won't appear.

Attached: Screenshot_20190206-193856_Chrome.jpg (1025x658, 254K)

I worked as a dishwasher at Mellow Mushroom at the time TFA came out.
Another dish pit guy was 45 and living with his parents. He saw the movie and I called Ren "Darth Millennial" and it stuck with him. I miss that old pathetic motherfucker. Hope he's doing better.
>basic thot bitch who worked front of house rolls her hair into Leia's buns around the same time
Don't miss that place.

It will be altered because Disney not wanting to sell the same merch twice always changes up costumes and props for each movie.

They looked at all the unsold Rose figures and thought "we really need to sell some proper merch this time or the Mouse will pound our asses"

he was one of the most powerful sith to have ever lived and had trained his entire life, not to mention they've never faced someone like him at full power, just his lackies. you have to remember that niggas like darth maul and dooku showing back up was an oddity and disturbance, something new and relatively unheard of for quite some time.

also fisto did relatively well compared to those other two dummies.

ANOTHER
FUCKING
DESERT
PLANET

Attached: disgust.jpg (1024x576, 85K)

He's a great director, but an absolutely terrible writer.

Because Fisto and about five hundred generations of Jedi before him have never even seen a Sith before, much less fought one. They're not equipped to deal with one anymore, especially one as insanely powerful as Palpatine. Meanwhile Palpatine has been training his entire life specifically to face off against Jedi if the need arises.

you fags seem to have forgotten that IX is written by Chris Terrio

RAW FISH $500 DORRA

It doesn’t even make sense. Even if he wanted his helmet back, why doesn’t he just make a new one, instead of putting the old pieces back together with Sith glue?

Attached: 56B4C74F-C14E-4545-B8F0-428BB4C8DA37.jpg (1170x1280, 400K)

On Valentine's day entertainment earth had this bundle going on.

Attached: Ohnonono.png (626x416, 308K)

kek, saved

>Yea Forums believing more unsubstantiated shit
no wonder you retards fall for blind items

Didn’t these things eventually start going for $1 a piece?

JJ has gone mad.

They'll always be worthless.

It took almost two decades for the Ep.1 and POTF2 stuff to be worth more than their original retail. This shit will do worst than that

Give me Yoda for that defense

The sequels are all about shitting on the old heroes as much as possible. Han and Leia are responsible for spawning the next Darth Vader and being such bad parents they didn't notice, Luke's role was to nurture the new Darth and several others because he also has to be as terrible as possible. Its a shit show that hates on the old fans.

Djem So because I don't think I'd be very force efficient and would probably get overwhelmed by the Dark Side with Vaapad.

Now I'm remembering the costume designer's visceral disgust when Rian told him they cast a dumpy little asian to play Rose

They will just take all that unsold products from the last movies, slap a shit paintjob and sell like is somenthig new. Classic (((seller))) trick

The attack on the Wookies you mean?

Gonna take "heavy style" with Mr. Katarn with a minor in Bryar pistol, tyvm. Dude can hold his own better than any of those fags.

Attached: Kyle_DarkOrderWar.jpg (376x437, 18K)

Im pretty sure it was Anakin who killed sheev and not some bald negro.

>mfw even my normie friends and family dont want to see episode 9
Its too late shill. Even your audience you catered too dont care about these films nu wars is doa

Attached: Cris-Collinsworth.jpg (490x368, 18K)

You know a movies going to fail when you have to leak it yourself to gain peoples interest.

How embarrassing.

Attached: Hahahahaha.gif (220x217, 415K)

This. You cant make a successful third movie in a trilogy when the 2nd film in said trilogy completely ignored everything that occured in the first movie of said trilogy. God its almost like a bunch of WOMEN were in charge of this franchise....oh wait

Idk why Disney even shills here anymore. Literally every nu wars thread is 300 plus posts of "your movie sucks, the franchise is destoyed, nobody wants to see episode 9"

This.
I'm totally surprised at that, as my friends will watch anything and tend to not hold my general views about the world.

JJ can do it. Everyone forgets how he saved the lost finale.

Vaapad is the most mary sue of all forms, but I think it's more likely that based sheev allowed windu to win so that he could complete anakin's turn to the dark side.

>he saved the lost finale
that was the biggest piece of shit ever. it made me pretty much stop watching tv.

>They're gonna have to rely on the "offended by everything" Anita Sarkeesian types to carrry them from now on.

Problem is those people dont actually spend money on the stuff thats catered to them. Hence why for all the "support" it got. Nu Ghostbusters and nu GURL oceans were bombs. And dont even get me started about blacks and star wars. I worked in a predominately black warehouse around the time TFA came out and not only had the majority of them never even seen a star wars but they also thought it was gay shit for white people.

Yeah im seeing this too. My brother raved about TFA i asked him if hes gonna see 9 and he shrugged and said maybe when its on Netflix. Keep in mind this guy and his buddies are super normies too.

>Tatooine is reportedly at the end of the movie.
Luke will ghost to tashe station to finally get those power converters.

well they wanted it to revolve around them, so they better buy 20 Finn figures each and support that shit.

Attached: 1529614174267.jpg (4160x3120, 3.09M)

I really wonder if anyone, anyone at all at Hasbro kenner thought that maybe, just maybe, this was all going to end badly.

Attached: BRAVE 2.jpg (1763x861, 436K)

>Lars homestead was reportedly built in Pinewood.
>Tatooine is reportedly at the end of the movie.
Rey is Shmi and Kylo is his own great grandfather confirmed.

Attached: 1549916688255.jpg (294x295, 65K)

FUCK
YOU
JASON
WARD

It was really eye opening i assumed like everyone they enjoyed the movies too. But nope. Literal disgust on the guys i talked to faces when i brought up star wars. It's culturally a nerdy white people thing in their eyes. Which makes me wonder how Disney could miss that demographic so badly. They had to have a marketing team say "hey we polled a lot of black people and they cannot stand star wars"

but you payed me to leak this jayjay!

I remember someone on here claiming to know someone at Hasbro and how they knew the toys were gonna tank but Disney had them in a ridiculous contract so it was out of their hands.

Hasbro has to produce in order to keep the contract, so they have to eat the loss when Disney fucks the dog

Attached: 1464282636852.gif (640x266, 3.26M)

Your (((source))) was a bait thread on here a week ago. Fuck off

Because they realized they may have had Kylo go too far with trying to kill his mom and Rey on Crait and need to have him regressed so that he can be redeemed even though he's shown no redeeming qualities at all, unlike Zuko. The plan is to introduce a new villain into Episode 9 that comes out of nowhere, dethrones Kylo and forces him and Rey to work together again. It's gonna be awful.

Attached: 1548283229844.png (500x498, 510K)

Jason Ward sucks dick

youtube.com/watch?v=PAt5qM2xXMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YJYRSIDelWU

Jason Ward gets blasted in the ass by a pack of feral negroes.

>lasy year around june
>toys r us near me is having a going out of buisness sale
>take nephew their so he can pick out a toy
>every aisle is a disaster zone where you can tell kids were getting into everything
>go down the star wars aisle
>everything is pristine
>all the toys are fully stocked
>can see dust on a lot of the toys
>checking out i ask the cashier if they sell a lot of star wars stuff
>"pfft no majority of that stuff has been sitting their since the first of those new movies came out"

Attached: 1536624499234.png (321x321, 12K)

That makes sense.
I mean, Hasbro's been dealing with SW toys for longer than Disney's had their shitstained fingers all over it.
They'd know from experience which toys from which character types tended to sell best across the board.
Kinda wish I'd picked up pick related back when it was a thing, but at that period in time I was focused on other things besides plastic crap.

Attached: solotwins.jpg (474x418, 28K)

Vapaad is strongest but it also means you're going to be an asshole with anger issues so for me it's Djem So.

Isn't it the same case with JJ? He delivers good paced, exciting movies that make absolutely no sense plot wise.

And also the case of this Colin Trevorrow guy, they wanted him to do episode 9 but they fired him. Just take a look at that track record.

I sense a pattern.

Are you gonna cry?

Jason Ward likes getting fucked by black men.

>Jason Ward
I know he's the MSW guy, but why does everyone hate him?

>jason ward
Oh is that the guy who pretended he was threatened by EVS after making an interview with him when all the sjws came after him for it?

I’ve heard people say this.

Only one thing can save the franchise

Attached: 319998AE-9487-4051-8DE8-FAE80DC8A0E6.jpg (620x413, 62K)

It’s true Jason Ward likes taking black dicks up his ass.

>Kylo's pulling and throwing some Resistance soldiers
Do the Resistance breed like rats? Weren't they practically wiped in TLJ?

>not only had the majority of them never even seen a star wars but they also thought it was gay shit for white people.

this is true. Out of TFA opening weekend audience, only 12% were african american. predominant audience, 68% was white men. TLJ opening weekend saw african american attendance drop by 1%.

Is it true that he has paid black men to sodomize him?

that toy is ugly af. why would anyone want to have it?

Jason Ward loves Finn because he also loves black dick.

same goes for capeshit. african american attendance on BP opening weekend was 33 or 35% which is much less than white attendance for Nuwars which is 60% and up.

just look at him

seriously, just take one look at him, his wife, their tattoos, what they've worked on, and it should make sense. if you can't infer some sense of who they are from that I can't help you. I know they say don't judge a book by their cover but this is an easy exception.

I heard it was 13/54

>one dozen Roses
>"Get it?" says the fat nerd to his fatter GF
>a reddit gag saved the day for the toy division

Attached: 1502267693407.gif (403x234, 1.99M)

It makes me so angry thinking about it. Kylo was the one good thing about this shitshow and JJ is going to shit on him for fucking merch sales.

It doesn't even make any sense. Why the fuck would he go and gather the pieces of a broken helmet that was probably dumped in the trash and then the ship it was on exploded.

I hate JJ.

I heard he makes his wife watch while he gets fucked by black men.

it has to do with this week's incident. ward initiated the interview with van sciver so his NPC followers freaked out. to placate them, ward invented some BS about being blackmailed into the interview in order to protect his wife!? But then someone posted screen caps from his private convo with van sciver that proved ward suggested the interview first to destroy some guy bobby roberts I think. so now everyone hates him.

>Kylo gains the confidence to leave his shell
>gets rejected
>goes right back into it
haha

That doesn't sound too bad to be honest...

Planets already sound better than the TLJ ones.

JJ didn't save anything and never will. He only destroys.

He's a stand in for original fans. Angry, opinionated, weak, prone to bouts of autistic anger if he doesn't get his way, obsessed with relics of the ot

amen

Why are you so obsessed with him

>they wanted it to revolve around them

How stupid are you? Black people are just purse puppies for SJW and Hollywood. It's not black people asking for rep in SW, they don't even watch it. It's all the ugly white women sjw screeching about "progressiveness" on twitter and even they don't really care they just want to virtue signal. Half the time I see some dumb dram on twitter about race on twatter it's a bunch of sjw women and white soibois leading the charge.

>you can always count on jj to have zero creativity.
Remember what happened when they tried creativity, I'll take a rehash over Episode 8 any day. No way I'm seeing it in theaters though.

t. Zoomer who wasn't born yet when LOST aired

They sound just about the same as all the other planets so far
desert, snow, swamp/forest

Wait...LOST is good now?

>JJ is like a different flavor of Michael Bay
I never thought about it like this before

JJ shills fuck off

>weak

Not so weak as they weren't able to economically-damage the franchise with their lack of support

No, just some dumb JJ shill.

He's trying to be coy but it's obvious.

whose dick do I have to suck to get a single B-wing in the background

>He's a stand-in for ugly fanboys like me

JJ said Kylo was a Prince though.

>f-fuck off!
The Zoomer is getting nervous, so he lashes out.

Attached: 1550337367948.jpg (389x389, 19K)

Who the fuck is jason?

This was actually kinda cool. The second one might even have been inspired by Tartakovsky's Clone Wars.

This doesn't even make any sense. Rey already rejected him in the throneroom and he faced down Luke without the helmet. The helmet thing is so fucking dumb at this point.

It was cool at first because it was a subtle metaphor and when he destroyed it, it served it's purpose to show a bit of development.

With JJ bringing it back, it destroys any subtlety and puts wayy too much fucking importance on something like a helmet. It's just a fucking helmet. It's obviously for merch sales. It just sucks that a good character is literally being reduced to just a fucking helmet because JJ is a certified hack.

It'll do okay. Good word of mouth could potentially send over a billion but this is a franchise on the downswing that has willfully alienated its core fanbase, so who knows.

Jumanji 3 comes out the week before and that might steal some of its thunder.

t. Jason

Does JJ fuck you in the ass too?

You have to be 18 or older to post in this website.

Attached: 1401014064029.jpg (249x250, 6K)

At the end of the day JJ is still bound to what KK and that infamous writing team want the same as RJ was.

Attached: 1525259089845.jpg (768x1851, 455K)

>Knights of Ren weapons are the same as TFA
that's too bad I wanted to find out what Trashcan Man was all about

Attached: 36Chambers.jpg (1000x383, 93K)

>we're in a timeline where Jumani 3 (three) is a serious threat to the final film in the Skywalker Saga
wew

The helmet was just supposed to be a subtle hint of characterization that Kylo is hiding, but even in TFA he had no problem taking the mask off at times and fighting without it it was just a prop like it's supposed to be. It wasn't supposed to be something he is literally so attached to that he would go out of his way to rebuild it and literally hide behind like that is a core part of his characterization. The helmet was just a symbol. It would make more sense for him to find something else to get attached to, the helmet itself should hold no specific importance.

Backpedaling on hid development in the last movie is already a horrible idea in the first place.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about this literal whos?

Kiri got fired, keep up

*are not the same

>lucasfilm.com/who-we-are/leadership-team/

Why resort to lies, user? What do you gain from it?

Djem So. Dooku could handle Vaapad but he just about shit his pants when Anakin busted that out.

Sounds like something a disney drone would say

I actually blame the costume team for this. The people who made the helmet were supposedly salty that it was destroyed.

It's just a fucking helmet, people like that have no business having any influence on writing. Something like a helmet should never have this much importance. It's ridiculous. Him destroying it for a big piece of character development is already more than they could have hoped for.

The people working at Disney/LF are so fucking unprofessional.

It's from the rules and also a phrase that has been parroted across all boards since before NuWars was even a thing. You would know that if you weren't so painfully new.

>The people working at Disney/LF are so fucking unprofessional.
I suppose this is what happens when a bunch of incompetent over the hill SJW women are put in charge of an organization.

JJ is still subject to what they want, and they want social platforms. Your shit doesn't deflect from that.

What they want from him is to try to package it in a way that allows them to regain lost revenue and rebuild the franchise.

People care more about them than Rey or your ugly Resistance faves.

t. underage plebbitor

>falling for le i was merely pretending to be stupid bait
Wow, you're so informed! You really know your Yea Forums history! Fuck off shill

>remembering how hard people cheered for the KoR during the TFA trailer reveal
>that is their only scene in the movie

Brava JJ!

Die Zoomer

Attached: 1478420645964.jpg (367x360, 58K)

>pizza-cutter golf club

It's like he purposefully filmed specific scenes that had nearly zero context in the movie to be used as trailer bait. He truly is an auteur!

This has been a thing since the Golden Age of Hollywood

>that guy dual wielding dildoes
what a boss

JJ shill going hard tonight.

I just have a morbid curiosity about how shit it'll be

Attached: MARVEL COMICS.png (140x148, 45K)

It's funny because people never learn and it's gong to happen again with IX. He's going to cobble together a hype trailer somehow and half of these braindead fanboys complaining are going to be screeching "JJ saved SW!" and then they are going to actually see the movie and hate it.

I imagine him carrying that trashcan with him at all times so he can get comfy anytime, any place.

A lot of shit got re-shot. We don't know what all got cut and re-written in the delays and re-shoots.

All I can tell you is that shooting is finally finished.

Attached: Shot00013.jpg (730x625, 239K)

>I've been saying this for so long. Let's pretend it was original. It was the ONLY original piece of merchandise from the force awakens that fans liked. It was selling well and was on its way to becoming representative of the ST as a whole. In decades to come, you'd be forgiven for predicting it would be seen as iconic. Maybe not quite on the same level as Vader's mask, but not that far off.
>Bear in mind that the second most liked original piece of merchandise was Kylo's 3-pronged lightsaber. It goes without saying that any Family Guy-esque references to the ST would have centred around one of these two items and it would almost definitely be the mask.

>What does TLJ do? It has Snoke, ON-SCREEN, call it "stupid" and ridiculous. And then Kylo takes it off and we never see the mask again. They took the one bit of merchandise that fans actually liked and took a giant dump on it. From a business perspective, this is literally unbelievably stupid.
>It would be the equivalent of Toy Story ending with a monologue by Andy's mother about how stupid toys are and that you'd have to be a right loser to ever enjoy them. And then Andy agreeing and burning all his toys and then immediately getting a hot girlfriend.

2. You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

Fuck off Jason.

Shit, when did /fa/ get their own lineup of action figures?

seething

>they brought the mask back for merch sales

We know, retard. That doesn't make it any less shitty. In fact, it makes it even more retarded that they would sacrifice story for marketing.

They can't even commit to something like destroying a little helmet. That's how fucked they are.

>/fa/ vs Knights of Ren

Who would win?

Attached: fa meetup.jpg (3110x2073, 482K)

>machines
>ix
is this dune

>let's shit on a main character's important development so we can sell toys

Are you implying this is a good thing? I'm confused. Are you a shill?

>price labels over the heads
Clever, actually.

George couldn't commit even to something like destroying a hand.

Attached: 4HRTg.jpg (806x431, 51K)

>tfw JJ will squander the Knights of Ren since he basically has no alternative
What a waste

>they all got rushed into 1 movie
>there's going to be one or two of them with actual characters, then they're all going to die in a clusterfuck of a fight

We're not talking about George. These two things are completely different. Was Luke's hand all over merchandise? Did they put so much importance on Luke's hand?

apples and oranges.

The should never put this much importance on something as trivial as a fucking helmet to the point where they would sacrifice important development of a main character for it.

Not only are Disney/LF hacks, they are clearly struggling to resort to this.

Dont forget return of Luke wont help it

>Luke cut off his own hand to signify his character growth away from having a hand

Attached: slojak.png (645x729, 67K)

>the reason Rian didn't make the KoR the red dudes was because he didn't want them to be throwaway charas that die
>JJ brings them back to do just that

>Kylo was actually the only kino thing in TLJ, destroying the helmet top 10 best scenes ever
>JJ brings the helmet back for toy sales

You may hate Rian, but if you defend JJ you are no better. Unironically.

JJ is doing his best to shit on the only good things about TLJ so that there is literally nothing left to like about IX.

Also the point of Luke getting a robotic hand was to show how he could potentially turn out like his father (who was almost entirely robot), if he kept on down the path of the dark side.

>covering Oscar nominee Adam Driver's face when his acting is half the reason Kylo is so popular

Is JJ retarded?

What's Ach-to?

The loss of Luke's hand signified his (tragic) character progression through Ep 5

Don't be a pleb

Bringing Kylo's helmet back is retarded.

What he should do is have them spread out (maybe in groups of 2) to slow down/chase the main characters as they're all trying to go after the mcguffin.

Give each of them a unique weapon/gimmick. Turn this shit into Megaman, space them out. Maybe Finn gets to fight one. Poe might have a dogfight with one.

Throwing them all in one big clusterfuck fight would be such a waste.

It's such a horrible idea that I'm halfway convinced JJ WANTS people to stop liking Kylo.

It's dehumanizing to cover his face. That's why Rian took the mask off, so he could better humanize him. It's why JJ himself had Kylo take his mask off for Rey when she called him a "monster in a mask".

He's not a monster, he's just a man. That's the entire point. Snoke calling him a child in a mask was 100% correct and Kylo knew it which is why he destroyed it.

I guess JJ is mad that Kylo is so popular or something. Maybe he wanted his fave SJW Rey to be the star so he has to shit on Kylo and dehumanize him to try and shift the focus onto her. That's the only reason I could think of. It's so retarded.

Come on...what is the big deal with the Kylo's and Vader's helmet?

99% this shit is fake, and based on the Kylo's helmet return

the planet luke's island is on (never said in the movies)

What a dumb name.

JJ surely didnt expect so many subversions in Last Jedi. JJ and Rian see characters completely different. Rian is a lame hipster faggoot and JJ tries to mimic Lucas but is incompetent. They both ruining Star Wars

>You may hate Rian, but if you defend JJ you are no better. Unironically.
Not trying to do either lad. I think the KoR could have genuinely been really interesting characters, but unfortunately in order for them to be you'd have to change things from the ground up starting with TFA.

I like how everyone realizes how retarded it is to put so much importance on a fucking helmet that they think it must be fake troll leaks.

JJ is a bigger hack than I thought if any of these leaks are true.

>durr let's have a scene where he goes to a castle to fix the helmet

Who the fuck cares about the fucking helmet? Why does it need it's own important scene for him to make a journey just to fix it?? This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Like a parody of a the character a troll leaker would actually write.

Maybe, depends on how it plays out in the movie. I don't know in which direction JJ is taking Kylo.

He still lost his hand, retard. He didn't grow a new hand.

>how do they intended to end the Skywalker saga?

All the skywalkers are already dead, what is IX even about? I don't think the film makers know

When will they reveal that Snoke was grooming Kylo Ren to be his vessel?

Attached: 5191065-valkorion_01.jpg (459x673, 57K)

JJ was the one who introduced the idea of Kylo hiding behind the mask and removing it, he can't even stay consistent with his own characterization.

>There's some monkey looking creature on this set.
Anakin is a sloth in 8, a monkey on 9. It's like poetry.

The boy is dead and now that he's been rejected by Rey and "beaten" by Luke, Kylo identifies more with the mask than with the face underneath it

This isn't some 2deep4u shit, it's the most basic and played-out thing you can do with a mask motif so why do you have trouble wrapping your head around it

Or Kylo was manipulating Snoke the whole time.

Kylo is a skywalker

>Maybe

No not maybe. 100% a retarded idea to bring the mask back. You don't regress a character just to sell toys. That will never be a good decision.

Even if the mask is on a decoy and Kylo doesn't give a fuck about it or wear it, them showing it onscreen is already a backpedal of their commitment to do away with it.

>You don't regress a character just to sell toys.
A character can regress and fall back into his old self.

Never seen Phantom of the Opera?

Don't worry they'll kill off Kylo and Leia too. And MaRey Sue will adopt the Skywalker name.

>you have to last 60 seconds

Your prompt doesn't say that I have to win, just last 60 seconds. So I'm going with Soresu.

Leia (not Carrie of course) and Kylo are still living Skywalkers. Episode 9 is going to be the new Return of the Jedi re-hash despite part of RotJ being rehashed in TLJ. Expect new Ewoks and another Death Star.

They knew from the start, why Anakin was initially rejected, and only accepted because ObiWan vowed to train him regardless of the council's approval.

Kylo was already rejected by Rey and beaten by Luke and he wasn't wearing the mask. The point of character progression is to go forward you fucking retard.

THE ONLY REASON THEY BROUGHT THE MASK BACK WAS FOR TOY SALES

You can make all the bullshit excuses you wan, that's the bottom line.

The mask was never that literal or important to Kylo and it never should have been. It was a subtle manifestation of his insecurity, but now that he destroyed it he doesn't need it anymore. Even if he's still insecure, you don't bring the mask back because it's over. Done with. Destroyed. Come up with a new idea and actually progress the character.

It's like JJ is stuck in a hack timeloop and is just rehashing TFA because he has original ideas.

>How the fuck do half a dozen students turn to the dark side?
Look at this newfag who's never read EU.

His name's Solo. He's like barely 1/4 Skywalker.

>Billie Lourd might have been a stand-in for CGI.

Jesus Christ, if your gonna use a lookalike, just take the time and apply some makeup magic to make it more convincing or don't do it all, CGI standin shit has and will always look fucking terrible

Attached: 1550478643592.jpg (612x996, 63K)

>Kylo was already rejected by Rey and beaten by Luke and he wasn't wearing the mask.
And now he puts it back on exactly because he was beaten by them

>The point of character progression is to go forward you fucking retard.
Not if it's a tragic character you dumb pleb

>THE ONLY REASON THEY BROUGHT THE MASK BACK WAS FOR TOY SALES
Is that what they/he said? Do you have a source?

What last name he chooses to use doesn't change his lineage. He's Leia's son and Vader's grandson, he's a skywalker bro.

And in the films Leia is still alive.

They are regressing him to sell toys. Not because they care about his characterization.

and no, you can't just regress characters at a fucking whim unless you are a shitty writer. So much importance is being put on the helmet and it doesn't serve the character, it takes away from him because it should be about him and how his character manifests in the things around him. The helmet was never such a literal thing and shouldn't be.

If they wanted to show his insecurity still, they need to show it in different and new ways because the character is progressing not regressing.

I would have Anakin teach me since his style of Djem So has too much shit from other forms so I would become a jack of all trades

>He's Leia's son and Vader's grandson, he's a skywalker bro.

So his dad and grandfather don't get a say?

getting emotional of three shit films, fucking hell i spent longer with the same group people at uni and felt nothing for them.

A say in what? Him being born and having skywalker blood?

It's stupid and disappointing. Why is Rey even that important? He barely knows her. His internal character growth of going from Darth Vader LARPer to something more should be based on a bit more than "muh Rey".

Being related to a skywalker in second generation doesn't make him a skywalker

JJ himself said that it was a progressive uphill journey for Kylo back in TFA. Rey and Kylo are supposed to progress in tanden on their respective sides.

The whole point of Kylo's character is progression. It's a coming of age story.

So no your arguments hold no weight as usual.

They developed him out of needing the helmet early on in the movie before he was even SL, before he even had a bond with Rey. You are scrambling and reaching so hard for excuses it's hilarious.

It's already known the costume team were salty over it and Rian said he was worried about destroying it because it was popular. They didn't bring it back to serve the character, they brought it back to serve their pockets.

You can drop the pretense anyday now. You just look dishonest trying to argue it has nothing to do with toy sales.

Anyone saying anything other than Vaapad is retarded. Vaapad is essentially Ultra Instinct against a Sith. You'd easily last 60 seconds.

>Never seen Phantom of the Opera?
Alrigth , so what is the fucking meaning or prupose of that fucking mask? to look a try-hard asshole?

Was not the mask a joke actually? remember the poe's scene about the "i cant hear you with that thing on your face"

Attached: 256061_18.jpg (1200x1180, 924K)

Well by that logic Luke wasn't a Skywalker either because half his bloodline was from Padme

>JJ himself said that it was a progressive uphill journey for Kylo back in TFA.
[citation needed] You have to be a real retard to think a character arc that ends, not begins with literal patricide is "progressive uphill".

>It's already known the costume team were salty over it
[so many citations needed]

It was. He destroyed the helmet before he even bonded with Rey. It was purely to get out of Vader's shadow and because he wanted to kill Snoke, not because "durr I was rejected and am sad now". That user is reaching far and wide.

Kylo is still SL and Snoke is dead, there is no reason he should be wearing the helmet again.

Guys, this isn't rocket science
>wears mask because he's a child
>Snoke scolds him for it and forces him to take it off
>takes off the mask and then destroys it in a tantrum confirming he hasn't actually grown up, he's just embarrassed
>later, kills Snoke
>no longer embarrassed about wearing the mask so fixes it since he likes it
God, these films are fucking shit written for literal children and yet you still can't understand the most basic plot beats

oh hahaha I overlooked this
>The whole point of Kylo's character is progression. It's a coming of age story.
Progression into patricide, alright you baited me good 8/10 well trolled user

Attached: 1541961008728.jpg (586x540, 91K)

Obi-Wan. In the RotS book, Sidious uses Juyo (the forebear to Vaapad) and in a different scene Mace tells Obi-Wan that Soresu is a good counter to Vaapad.

Also this is a better OP than the actual OP

based and forcepilled

Attached: Dark_Forces_box_cover.jpg (280x357, 24K)

Maybe he really liked the helmet and now that Snoke isn't around to make fun of it anymore he just chose to wear it again

>I think it's more likely that based sheev allowed windu to win so that he could complete anakin's turn to the dark side
Heard this meme before, but its pretty stupid.

So you have no argument? That's what I thought. JJ himself said that TFA title refers to both Rey and Kylo. They are beginning their respective journeys in TFA.

Kylo had more character development than anyone in TLJ, so again your argument is already shit on by canon. If they wanted him to be a character that never progressed, they wouldn't have bother progressing him for two movies straight.

JJ's just hack and run out of ideas so he has to rehash his own movie. You are so dumb you don't even realize that Kylo is just going to progress out of the helmet AGAIN is IX. JJ is going to progress him, just not in a new way. He has to regress him to progress him again because he can't think of anything new.

JJ shills are braindead I aswer.

You have no idea just how dense Star Wars fans are.

Well he was never actually in danger even after letting Mace think he'd won. He still had the lightning ready.

I think Sheev played it by ear and once he sensed Anakin was about to arrive he figured the best scene for him to walk in on would be Mace about to kill him so he just took a fall.

He wasn't really beaten though.

No, by your logic, Luke is a prince because his mom was royalty, disregarding his dad entirely.

read

You can't defend JJ bringing the helmet back. You have to do so many mental gymnastics but you really don't need to I'll spoil it for you

>toy sales
>JJ is a hack with no original ideas so he's shitting on Kylo's development to just rehash it in IX

There.

>Heard this meme before, but its pretty stupid.

It's explicit in the movie

Maybe you're a fucking retard who should stop posting.

>you can't tell me not to wear my stupid mask anymore DAD!
That's retarded.

My argument is that a tragic character who slips into darkness while murdering his father, his mentor and losing his gf or whatever Rey was supposed to be for him, is NOT going through an "uphill coming-of-age story". How the fuck could you possibly come to that conclusion. You NuFans are so plebeian just arguing with you makes me lose braincels.
>um wtf why is there no linear character progression :(
>but all my tv series and capeshits have linear character progression :(
Jesus Christ.

Mace

At least I'll probably last more than 10 seconds

This - Obi-Wan is the Jedi with the best win rate against the Sith, and even he gets btfod by Dooku when they fight.

>mental gymnastics
Like forcing the concept of character progression into a tragic regressive villain?

Have you read King Lear, user? Or at least seen "Ran"?

Friendly reminder that Disney shot themselves in the foot by making both Rey and Kylo too old

>forces him

No, Kylo knew Snoke was right. The mask was retarded, so he destroyed it and Snoke. Snoke is still dead and Kylo still knows the mask is dumb, so there is no reason he would go so far out of his way to put it back on unless he had amnesia and suddenly developed an insane attachment to the mask he never had and was never hinted at.

To be fair, most of the training was probably against blaster armed thugs or shitty melee weapons that sabers just slice through and not actual Sith Lords.

I'd buy this if he brought the mask back right after Rey rejects him. If he'd been wearing not even his mask but just a mask while assaulting Crait, I'd be on board with this new direction. Bringing the mask back after a scene like that feels like a patch-job afterthought. If Kylo's character really was supposed to regress the best place to do so would've been there.

Have you watched the ST? Kylo has only progressed over two movies and JJ is only regressing him because he's run out of ideas and has to rehash his own.

And I destroyed your argument because canon and JJ say otherwise. You are so fucking braindead that you think "durr he bad so he can't progress!" That's now how writing works.

>The evil Darth Sidious is going to kill you if you can't last 60 seconds in a duel with him!
nigga three jedi masters couldnt last 60 seconds with him what the fuck makes you think my youngling ass will last a single second against a literal maniac who can shoot lightning and do a 920 spin from a prone position

Attached: 3e602758ea4e29da616c4db8a9486383.png (896x597, 441K)

I train with Coleman Trebor in Niman so we can get it over with quick

Attached: coleman.jpg (194x260, 8K)

Nope, still stupid. He already had Anakin half way there with a huge bonus of saving Padme in his sleeve. He didnt need to take any unnecessary risks. Killing Both killing Windu asap and killing Windu in front of Anakin to display how powerful he is compared to one of the strongest jedi masters would make more sense and wouldnt ruin his plans with Anakin.

>reading Shakespeare
What are you doing? Those are plays.

>impliying any of these will waste a second on a loser padawan like you
at most you will see Luminara

The mask had nothing to do with Rey in the first place. He destroyed it because he wanted to kill Snoke and come out of Vader's shadow. Snoke is still dead and he's still SL and wanting to do his own thing, so there is no reason for the mask to come back.

Kylo's character progressed and he wasn't supposed to fall back on the mask which is why there is not hint whatsoever at it in TLJ and he destroyed it to fucking pieces and left it on the floor. It's just JJ being a dumb hack.

>Kylo has only progressed
So he wasn't tempted by good in the scene with Han but ultimately gave in to evil? And then murdered his father?

Star Wars fans are allergic to anything above turbopleb-level, such as motifs, unnatural mise-en-scene or non-linear character arcs. There's no use in arguing with them about such things.

Attached: 1549561568030.gif (245x252, 887K)

Anyone who watches TLJ knows without a shadow of a doubt that the mask was donezo and NEVER supposed to come back. It was completely destroyed, they made a big show of it and the he never wears it again and it's never mentioned again for the rest of the movie. It was never that important, it's a fucking afterthought and a prop as it should be.

That's why so many people can see it for what it is. Retarded and done for toy sales.

Damn you're a complete retard. Star wars is all about toy sales for manchildren. If you're looking for any deep character development, I feel sorry for you for not being able to find an actual good series to latch onto

Kit Fisto had a shit padawan who got wrecked by Grievous

So I have a chance

I want Obi but only if he starts every class with "hello there"

>he bad he can't progress

Read a fucking book sometime.

Says the guy who apparently thinks that just because a character does bad thing that means he can't progress in the story.

You don't know shit about writing or anything.

Kylo had good character development though and then JJ shit on it for toy sales. Your post doesn't change how retarded that it. It will never be a good thing, fuck off shill.

/thread

Star Wars has always been merch first, story second.

Attached: 1549030240544.png (220x293, 160K)

Says the guy who apparently thinks that just because a character *puts on a helmet* that means he can't progress in the story. :^)

Are they putting the price labels over the toy's faces on purpose?

Except Kylo had good development and they committed to destroying the helmet for his development and then backpedaled in the most pathetically obvious way and everyone noticed it.

Stay mad Disney cuck.

Why did the Phantom of the Opera put its mask back on? Was Gaston Leroux a retarded cuckwriter?

>there's going to be one or two of them with actual characters
Then they will be the first actual characters in Nu Wars!

Again the crying over Ewoks? Ewoks were cool mate...leave them alone.

Obi wan all the way baby

He is going to progress. Your hack fave JJ is putting him back in the helmet to regress him so he can take him out of it and rehash his progression because he has no original ideas and is a fukcing hack who only cares about toy sales.

Do you like the helmet so much because you have to wear one all the time?

I like them too, but the reason they exist is because George thought they would sell more toys than Wookiees.

>Mary Sue the villain
KotOR MMO is pure fucking trash

>Do you like the helmet so much because you have to wear one all the time?
Was that supposed to be a burn?

Attached: 1439692111411.png (250x283, 100K)

Kylo isn't the Phantom of the Opera

JJ himself named the title The Force Awakens after Kylo and Rey. They are both starting their journeys in tandom. It's a coming of age story for both. Kylo has canonically progressed for two movies straight with no hint whastoever that he would regress or the mask was important or would come back in such a way.

JJ brought it back because he has no ideas and wants to sell toys. That's it.

Struck a nerve I see.

Now there's a movie I'd watch

So what does the mask stand for in your opinion? Why would putting it back on mean a regression of his character?

No lol, I legitimately can't think of any kind of person who "has to wear a helmet all the time".

In TFA he's a dumb kid who idolises Darth Vader. His whole persona, including the mask is clearly built around that. In TLJ you see him begin to move away from that.

Kylo wore the mask because he was trying to larp as Vader (an idea Snoke perpetuated btw).

Snoke called the mask dumb and confirmed for Kylo that he was just a dumb boy under Snoke's thumb and that Snoke was just using him.

He destroys the mask because he doesn't want to be a dumb fanboy under Snoke's thumb anymore and will do his own thing now.

Snoke is dead and Kylo is doing his own thing as SL. We should never see the mask again.

The mask was just a prop, a symbolic manifestation of what was inside Kylo. It should never be given such importance. It was never about the mask, it was about Kylo's internal issues and it was very subtle.

Bringing the mask back to regress him is attaching too much importance onto it and destroying any subtlety. It's not longer about Kylo now. It's about the mask.

Like really long fucking ad for the mask.

>Mary Sue the villain

Attached: 562.png (1597x1600, 627K)

>Go watch TFA with dad, the person who first introduced me to Star Wars when he gifted me the OT in VHS for Christmas
>Star Wars title screen rolls, this is cool
>First scene of the movie
>Edgy villain with edgy lightsaber seems to be an evil master of the force but gets joked at by nu-resistance pilot in a Marvel movie style
>Literally 5 minutes into the movie and shit already doesn't make sense and it doesn't feel like Star Wars
>Jakku scenes make up for that for a while, there's still hope
>Movie goes back to not making any sense and being a cringe-fest as soon as they leave the planet
>Zero world-building, annoying oranges in charge of reggae thug cantinas in the middle of nowhere but still people go there because of reasons
>New status quo of First Order vs Resistance makes no fucking sense and is not explained at all
>The movie shits on universe rules like hyperspace jumps taking some time to calculate before you can jump, being able to hyperjump indoors, death lasers that hyperjump from one corner of the galaxy to the other in seconds and are visible from any point in the galaxy
>What is this? A kid's fanfiction?
>Realize it is a fucking remake
>I think they're going to kill Han
>Yep, they killed Han
>Deal with more nonsense like untrained people being a match for powerful villain, the planet-weapon that drains a sun to fire and then somehow hyperjumps to another star to keep draining, etc.
>Realize they're going to make the Death Star trench run again
>Can't even pay attention during the trench run and the following scenes
>Leave theater, dad says he didn't like it and he wasn't expecting a remake

Flash forward to TLJ release.
>TFA was shit, but fuck it it's Star Wars and it's not like I have better plans this week
>Go watch TLJ with friends, expectations are super low
>Movie is a delusional piece of trash, but at least it's not a scene-by-scene remake
>The fuck am I doing justifying this crap

Couldn't care less about the third movie.

Look in the mirror.

It can be made to work, IF that was the point of TLJ. IF Rian deliberately wanted to turn Kylo into a tragic villain.

Kylo breaks out of Vader's shadow, he kills "the old ways" and through a great contrivance of the Force, he decides that he can only create a new world with Rey by his side. She refuses, and tragically, he decides that the Galaxy doesn't deserve this New Order, so he'll be the monster Rey still sees him as. He purposefully hides himself behind his old mask because he was hurt by Rey's refusal.

See, I think that can be made to work. But, IF that was Rian's plan, then he was pretty incompetent in showing that tragedy unfurl. And I think that bringing back the helmet in this new film, after the fact, shows that Lucasfilm has no plan. Bringing it back didn't need to be dumb, but it is now thanks to the shared incompetence of Rian and JJ.

Maybe Rey refusing Kylo's friend request and turning away from him causes Kylo to return to his old self.

Yeah well, the robot hand became important in the finale of ROTJ, where it reminded him not to take the same path his father did.

I see a person who doesn't wear a helmet.

Explain yourself user. What kind of burn were you aiming at? Who the fuck wears helmets? Burn victims? Astronauts?

This is driving me nuts

If you want to go a bit deeper, when Luke considered killing Ben, Ben was betrayed in his mind by the Jedi and the New Republic, so he fled in search of security, and he found the image of his grandfather. Something strong, and secure, and very much not Luke Skywalker. But in trying to be his grandfather, he found that didn't work out for him either, and so he shed that image, and set about forging his own.

special needs kids, user
he's implying you're retarded

It's actually even more stupid because it's
>Ahch-to
but it's pronounced
>Octo
instead of
>*cat coughing up a hairball noises*-tu

That's gay though.

That was never Rian's plan. Rian also said that it is a coming of age story and Kylo is the dual-protagonist.

He said that by the end of TLJ, he brought Kylo closer to the person he wanted to be. He progressed him and humanized him. Him and Rey separating was just about their difference in ideals, not "oh better put my mask back on that had nothing to do with her for some reason".

The mask can never work now because they would have to completely ignore and shit on the story so far which is what JJ is doing and only for toys.

Huh, good catch

Exactly!

The mask had nothing to do with Rey or Kylo's feelings for her, stop reaching so hard. He didn't put it back on even after she rejected him. It's just a fucking mask, it shouldn't be this important. The fact that we are even having his argument just shows how badly JJ fucked up.

I see.

Attached: 1548972342968.png (166x166, 14K)