Jesus fuck. Why isn’t this show super popular?

Jesus fuck. Why isn’t this show super popular?

Attached: CA6A72BD-7865-4FDC-8576-A91F9C24B540.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

counter-currents.com/2018/06/the-expanse/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because it's not super good.

Because it's shit.

The plot is shit.

Because It's cliched shit starring mutts with boring modern lefty values crammed into it.

It looks cool. How is the Amazon version?

>Why isn't it popular?
Does it tick enough diversity points user?

Not enough relationship drama to pull women in.

>Naomi is white
>Amos is white
>Fred Johnson is white
>they make them brown

I guess the masses prefer cookie cutter sci-fi rather than an original idea.

Attached: 5BB5C7FD-6A48-42DF-8B23-2270FA673DF1.jpg (1600x900, 327K)

doesn't matter how popular it is, daddy bezos will fund it

Attached: 1549732386479.jpg (720x734, 52K)

Amos is the only white guy in the books/show on than list

Its hard enough sci Fi that normies aren't interested. And if normies don't like it then other normies won't bother.

There is a good following for it though, we used to have weekly threads with new episodes and they were a lot of fun .

no we prefer sci fi without bull shit diversity crammed down our throats. kill yourself for being fucking blind.

1st season is boring as shit.

What a bunch of fucking plebs. Expanse is literally the greatest sci-fi show ever made.

Decent sci-fi's rarely popular.

there is no "amazon version", they just bought the rights and are continuing the series

I'm as hardcore a white nationalist as they come, and I still fucking love it.

Enjoy the books, hate the casting in the show.

It fucking sucks at continuity and a lot of the characters suck dick. I still marathonned all three seasons in a week though.

Check'd

Expanse Dick haha

S
H
I
L
L

>Naomi is white
In the books, she a mix of African and Asian, but her hair is supposed to be long and flowy, not some afro-mohawk like the uggo on this show has.

>niggers in space

Lol they send chimps first. They don't send them with the real humans.

i actually watched 2 seasons of this bull shit and they both sucked.

Shill this, faggot.

Attached: 1518561163803.gif (640x360, 1.69M)

Fred johnson's skin was described as brown in the book.

counter-currents.com/2018/06/the-expanse/

>Why isn’t this show super popular?
Women
Groids

Need I go on?

What is that? babylon 5 for niggers?

see

What's the point in being realistic when you then have aliens?
It's generic sci-fi.

>and absorbing science fiction series since the reboot of Battlestar Galactica (2003–2009).
stopped reading here, since Battlestar Galactica was complete crap

Keep reading, brainlet.

Jesus, the stupidity in this thread is disconcerting.

Attached: 1539303689257.jpg (645x729, 135K)

well it's getting another season so who cares if it's popular or not.
although it really needs at least more 2 seasons, but I'm guessing amazon didn't buy the rights just for 1 should we should be good.

I completely lost all interest in the books after that, and that 40 year time skip was retarded.

>they make amos brown
Nigga you even watch the show?

>CRAMMING DIVERSITY down our THROATS
>they never actually bring it up on the show, they just happen to have a bunch of different race characters
>CRAMMING
Why does this trigger dingdongs so much?
Its not full of WE WUZ KANGZ or anything, why do you people give a shit?

Attached: 1307496647278.jpg (471x694, 60K)

First two seasons are kino. Thomas Jane is worth it alone.

I hope Prax comes back. I want more Prax - Amos buddy adventures

Fuck, guess I'm gonna watch it. Is it better than Firefly?

Its not as comfy. But still good in its own way.

wait, what? People still watch that crap?

>netflix

the diversity shit makes sense in the Expanse and scifi series in general. If you think every space miner is going to be a white guy in the future, you're probably wrong.

I can see that, looking forward to it.

Who would you fight for, Yea Forums? Not a huge fan of Earth and their UBI bullshit

Attached: mars.jpg (1920x1080, 290K)

What did he mean by this?

Nope. Taking a problems from XIX century and putting them to space is not the greatest move you can do for a sci-fi.

I can't deal with the fucking cloud atlas jar jar binks speak or the chick with cigarettes for lungs

BINGO
i dropped the show when the woman beat the robot in armwrestling btw

because blackgirl and whiteguy are shitty actors

cringe

Because the characters are ugly and I'm sick to death of ugly actors.

Attached: theexpanse_news.0.jpg (1200x800, 109K)

Season 3 was far and away the best though.

it is so obviously agenda-driven. literally everyone except s1 thomas jane (who goes extinct as a metaphor for all whites) is either a faggot or a strong independent womyn or a strong liberated mutt.

tfw no belta waifu

mutts can't handle ugly people lmao, british office>american office

Not even close. Would recommend the books over the show honestly, but the show is decent.

Entertaining as a semi hard Sci fi political thriller, but obviously written to influence to that cliche agenda permeating so much entertainment

Attached: 1550028470470.jpg (700x1050, 82K)

FUCK there's like 12 books. I'm curious, did you read the books (that had been released at the time) before the show came out? How do you find what books to read? Sorry for the questions, I come from a house and a social circle with no book culture so I gotta figure shit out. (Finishing up Southern Reach trilogy btw only after watching Annihilation.)

Because they killed the only interesting character the series had in episode 2.

Too much forced diversity and leftists agendas

I was just going to make a thread about Dark Matter, specifically asking for more like it. Is the expanse good?
I watched Dark Matter a while ago, and I just now decided I want more scifi stuff. Never watched anything but dark matter.

Reminder to all that mars did literally nothing wrong.

>fictional setting
>forced diversity

what does this shit even mean lmao

Fucking duh

That's literally the point of belters. Good job at being retarded.

Not really. You are just obsessed with the idea of people wanting to control. Because your life is shit you seek pleasure in the delusion of escaping ((them))).

Is that really what it’s like? Considering watching but that sounds awful.

Right vs left is for a simple 2d mind.There are a lot more directions in space.

Attached: 96BA4D39-5EF5-4448-82B7-BBA338B9E6CC.jpg (640x464, 70K)

You know exactly what it means cocksucker, stop acting like a cringey faggot.

>FUCK there's like 12 books. I'm curious, did you read the books (that had been released at the time) before the show came out?
I finished the first three before finding out the show existed.

How do you find what books to read?
Work. Find out what genre you like (scifi, fantasy, etc) then just go on google and search for "classic scifi novels" or popular, best selling, etc. Once you find an author you like, look up what books that author recommends and go from there. Go on Yea Forums or other forums and make a thread asking for good recommendations. Go to a book store and go through the genre aisle and read the summary of every book (covers are useless for judging quality) and write down the ones that sound interesting. Get an Audible account and like the books you enjoy, it will recommend similar books for you and you can listen to books while driving/doing other shit. But most importantly, dont be afraid of taking a chance on a new series. I didnt like 50% of the books I tried and thats normal. Dont let yourself get lazy and stop looking for new shit. Just like all entertainment, the good stuff is buried under a pile of garbage you have to sift through.

But its always worth it.

Attached: 1542317611832.jpg (480x507, 30K)

What's this even about? Is this the family trying to colonize a planet or someshit with the black daughter?

Ah, yes, I am the cringey faggot.

There's territorial conflicts and nationalism, not sure if that's what he meant. Everyone is colorblind to race because the populations got so mixed, but martians and belters are physically weaker than people born on Earth because of lesser gravity.
seewhy wouldn't space have a lot of black people in the future? It would be unrealistic to have everyone be a straight white male. I'm all for accuracy in historical stories.

no. You could just google it. In meme terms it's game of thrones in semi-realistic space setting.

Gib belter waifu

Attached: 8EF1B6C8-58D5-48F8-998E-7A090664306B.jpg (768x1024, 120K)

Game of Thrones in space? So absolute shit?

I'm not talking about the quality, but the basic premise in simple enough terms so that an idiot who doesn't know how to google could get some idea.

is stargate sg-1 good

b-but Dawn > Pam

not enough of her

(me on the right)

Attached: nup_174491_0013-800x534.jpg (481x534, 51K)

After reading all the praise on the internet I expected some 4D keikaku between three factions in hard sci-fi setting, and got fucking idiotic magic aliens, evil scientists and political plot threads that must have been written by a 10-yo. Huge disappointment all around.

I can’t wait for a good Mars POV

Attached: 30DD1CF9-A968-49B3-BA3E-6640A3AF8A1C.jpg (1160x1340, 196K)

(You) again

Thanks for the advice user. This is the first time somebody gave me an honest answer. Usually I'm told to fuck off lol. I've made lists over the years of sci books to read, even bought a bunch, but kind of overwhelmed myself. I need to not be lazy and just start reading them. I was more curious how people choose to read certain modern novels that somehow end up being tv shows. I guess people just read a lot of shit and sometimes they make media out of them.

>waaaah mommy there's a nigger on TV

embarassing, you'll all go extinct anyway

This is my big martian gf

Attached: 15740897_10202728786376490_834623330916734711_n.jpg (922x923, 123K)

mediocre acting at best
and sci-fi shows with ship shields will always be better
the only good thing about Expanse is Miller

>tall asian gf
you're doing it wrong

Attached: 1535905602640.jpg (330x391, 40K)

fucking CHECKED

too many space homos

Holden is a bad MC and Steven Strait is an even worse actor.
And fedora man was bad. And black Naomi is a wooden board. And Errinwright is pretty underwhelming. Even the Mao little sister is pretty reserved.
Like the whole cast is shit, which usually implies bad direction.

Ugly fucking mutt.

the plot is bad to middling, all they have going for them is production value and world building

WRONG

Attached: Sinara.webm (1280x718, 983K)

Oi vey you woke nigga.

Attached: 1f25a837ef6768069f0f3649937f550b2e18ad480e844ec883187b3003dba565.png (475x514, 136K)

Just finished season one
The visuals are nice, the acting so-so
The MC can't act for shit, and it shows that he was a model before becoming an actor. Probably just a pretty face put there by its Jewish uncle
Fedora man and Amos are decent, the latter was actually scouted while he was a soldier and you can see he looks more competent around guns

What kind of loud noises goes on in your head.

The Expanse wipes its ass with Dark Matter

uhh uh uh, hey there hoss

Attached: 1550543142729.jpg (2048x1536, 434K)

Babylon 5 wipes ass with both, so there is no point watching either.

Still acts better than Holden

You're not from around these parts are ya

Attached: 6786767.png (1280x720, 1014K)

>squints eyes
>mouth breaths
>mutters something
10/10 acting

Fight me IRL

standard violent mutt response

Bobbie could rape and kill anyone on the show

Attached: 56568846.jpg (1280x720, 226K)

>white nationalist book reviews

Attached: 1531763114383.jpg (1920x1080, 143K)

Yea Forums guides are good, just ignore their pretentiousness and autism
amazon just bought Culture series' rights so probably they'll make a show soon (books are kind of meh but the worldbuilding is interesting)
Dune, specifically the first book is fucking great, movie in 2020
I'm a space opera fag so I recommend you the first trilogy of Foundation and the Three Body Problem trilogy
If you watched The Arrival the short story Story of your Life is better IMO, Understand and Exhalation from the same author are great too
That movie The Wandering Earth that chinks are shilling is based on a short story of the same name, Devourer from the same author is nice, really anime-ish.

>3rd worlders in space are mutts

Wow, no shit.

It'll get more popular next season when they introduce all the gratuitous nude scenes.

Attached: colonizing in space.webm (1280x720, 1.22M)

God i wanna see full on naomi getting bleached

Attached: 1528270364902.jpg (1080x1080, 84K)

It will be much more popular now that it's on Amazon.

Besides, it's popular enough for fans to cancel cancellation.

I know for what nudes I'm waiting for

Attached: P9jWhlJ.jpg (683x1024, 70K)

>4d keikaku scifi
is there something like this? because I want it, book or show or movie

I stopped watching due to all the shitty acting

It actually is

Attached: 1529299549650.jpg (480x477, 58K)

Good shit. Definitely plan on reading Dune since the movie is being made at the moment. Loved Arrival so will look into the short story for sure. Bought the first Foundation book a while ago, need to just read it already. I'll look into the rest, thanks user.

Unironically good shows and movies reviews
The Fight Club review is fucking great
Another good ones
>groundhog day / gilmore girls
>sitting pretty
>1st season of GoT
I'm not even (anglo) white

Im sure, enjoy consuming material read that creates and enforces racial biases in the people who read such garbage.

Are there any white blonde characters in this show?

It's not on HBO so people who know about it feel shame. Instead of feeling superior to others and lording their knowledge of it over them, they hide their knowledge of it. Knowledge of the show therefore stays hidden.

>be universe about post-racial society
>readers expect book to go out of its way and use antiquated centuries-old racial terminologies when describing characters
At least they made him black instead of some crazy Jainist shit

this is amos

>brown eyes
dropped

the guy playing holden is a spic.
And book naomi was described as a tall&hot with asian european features and dark skin.
Show naomi is a short ugly nigress with a shitty british accent.

checked!

Attached: syfy vs amazon.webm (1000x562, 938K)

In a perfect world

Imagine licking her face as you explode inside her

Attached: 1536848573938.jpg (519x550, 43K)

Attached: D43EFCBA-E4C8-43E8-95DC-11F4A88F2327.jpg (731x839, 82K)

Yeah I think the worse part about this show is how you can translate the physical oddity of belters. They tried in season one but it was half hearted. They are treated like animals because they look so different.

Attached: F228F063-44D4-4C51-8768-1ADABA8397BC.jpg (550x645, 56K)

aquaboy no!

Attached: D5FCC89D-4A31-4E2C-88CB-FC7B8B375128.jpg (540x338, 46K)

They also cant really cast the right people for the job of martian marines.
Because where are you going to find a 2m tall polynesian woman with muscles who could crush a man like a twig and the face of a supermodel.

>Too much forced diversity and leftists agendas
One of the main plot points in the story is racial tension.
However, in the world of the Expanse people are generally pretty mutted at this point and the real conflict is between groups of humans that have lived in different conditions for so long that they are physicall different from their counterparts on mars/earth/belt.
When someone is 7 foot tall, thin as a rail and can't stand up in a gravity well you're going to hold that against them before you notice that their brown...their skin/race in the classic sense is irrelevant.
Having a diverse cast actually highlights how different but the same their world is to ours.
Race conflict is still a thing, just not in the way we imagine it.
Kinda sucks they can't do lanklet belters justice on tv though.

Attached: roci.jpg (1920x1047, 587K)

Season 1 is really weak, season 2 has some kino episodes but some weak ones as well

Season 3 is kino

The show was saved. It's honestly right about where it should be. I have high hopes for S4.

>half of all "astronauts" are Russian
>Russia has been the longest in space
>show has entire Texan space colonies, but no Russians

Fuck american scifi.

Attached: index.jpg (275x183, 6K)

are you trying to say that AoS is better?

>implying white people will even exist during the time this movie is set

are you saying niggers wont dominate the world?

calm down vlad

I cant identify with the multiracial characters. I should love the show but I dont.

That goblin that plays naomi is awful to look at.
Accent is awful, wooley dish sponge hair, fugly
I always pictured her looking like an indian or persian women with some bit of mix in there from the book discriptions.
Also she had long hair she's always haveing to tie up because 0 g but i guess that would be a nightmare to cgi every episode.
The guy playing holden is meh and 10 years too young...really the whole main crew is too young
Characters we sadly won't get: Based Bull, QT Sam the mechanic

Attached: yolildonni.png (960x720, 739K)

FUCK BELTER
FUCK EARTHER

belter are literally the pajeets of the galaxy

Attached: 1541224264695.jpg (511x671, 41K)

Because

>Shit story
>Shit characters
>Shit actors
>Shit dialogue

>I'm a white nationalist
no you are not.

Because it's a dull show, with an ugly cast, that moves at a glacial pace?

I don't watch anti-Christian propaganda

Id say life is hard being a schizo.

Inb4 trek screeching

WE WILL
SPIN
DA
DRUM

Checked

I never get the Holden hate

He's fine

Its complicated, boring, and the characters are just soooo bland and dull

The details and world design is nice though. It had potential but just lacks any character

fuck off back to cape shit

>people unironically prefer Trek monster of the week to Expanse plot

>Ouch

Attached: bugs.jpg (250x240, 4K)

imagine being this wrong

Attached: 1528767098763.jpg (271x301, 15K)

>be Martian
>literally a redneck pajeet
>can't even look at a horizon
>Re organize planet into fascistic state full of obedient pajeet and chink termites because Earth envy
>spend generations trying to terraform dusty wasteland
>Still rely on Earth for bio
>seething but take great pride in your work
>Earth and the Belt open a magic gate to 1300 habitable worlds rendering your home an irrelevant afterthought, and wasting years of "human" effort.
>Half your navy flees to a new planet because mars is so lame.

Attached: fuckmars.jpg (1000x667, 81K)

Attached: 1D47995B-6981-4C89-9B00-206AB55D5450.jpg (960x1440, 152K)

BSG blows all these shows out of the water anyway

Get that Netflix watermark the fuck off that pic. Expanse was SciFi until it was Amazon.

Because most people don't like hard sci-fi and prefer fantasy based crap, where ftl is possible because of some magic device. Too much non-action scenes building characters as well.

yikes

Attached: 1533830872665.png (380x349, 104K)

>Watching The Expanse because people say its the best Scifi in the last 20 years
>suddenly interracial relationship out of fucking nowhere
>Earthers are just a bunch of old white evil men
>Mars is more technologically and socially advanced and full of black people
>Stron female Martian soldier that neeeds no man
>suddenly interracial BMAF young couple out of fucking nowhere.
>next scene a scientist says the black kid is the genetically superior candidate to be a super soldier infected with the Alien virus.
LMAO, this is too much globalist propaganda for my quiet evenings.

D R O P P E D

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-02-08-11h41m11s785.png (720x418, 310K)

True, but because they are into the more fantastical elements of the story now, and not so much because they are under Amazon instead of Netflix.

it's all about the performances m8

Attached: pain.jpg (808x1024, 87K)

spaz

that's another yikes from me dawg...

Attached: MvR0wH9.png (295x266, 66K)

I’m triggered & Everything is propaganda

Oh right, they write it as "SyFi" now.
I meant the channel bro. I have nothing against the weirder science fiction concepts.

You have to go back, user. You sound psychotic.

Attached: 1547849654130.png (747x443, 50K)

Enlighten yourself on true sci-fi kino please

Attached: Farscape - This nigga eatin beans.webm (1440x810, 2.73M)

The Good Guys.

Attached: 1550542856279.png (1076x935, 1.52M)

muh scifi isn't one race!!!!!!

Attached: 633980_600.gif (392x343, 588K)

Yes the Mormons ship in the OP is NOT Christian. Latter Day Saints play a big political role in the future

Attached: 1AA8F623-6634-4F19-A139-6B24D8FB9403.jpg (600x577, 48K)

>no liking Bobbie
opinion disgarded

Attached: Marsfu.gif (540x451, 2.79M)

>muh interracial relationships!!!
Can't really get away with not having this in a show set in the future, realistically. I know cletus might beg to differ; thinking somehow the whites are going to pull through and contain all the coloreds to favelas on earth while whites rule space, but that's quite a red neck fantasy.At least the show doesn't get to caught up in our modern political issues, and just sticks to their own universe.
Just the one guy. The other evil earther is an asian. I guess you could qualify the white leader guy as "evil", but he's mostly just oblivious and a bit stupid.
Mars is suppose to be made up of an odd mix of Indian, Chinese and Texan. There aren't even much Blacks either, and most I'd guess came on after the fact; joining the military to gain Mars citizenship. It's why you have the White girl who's from a family that gets to live under the dome with plants and oxygen, while the Blacks are stuck to the more artificial enclosed boxes.
Not sure why she should need a man...and they don't even push that agenda with her at all. She even ends up having a crush on a dude later. And it's less to do with "strength" and more about training and determination, as her suit does most of the heavy lifting. (think Samus from Metroid)
The kids?
>next scene a scientist says the black kid is the genetically superior candidate to be a super soldier infected with the Alien virus.
The kid is half white, half black, so a typical Amerimutt. For whatever reason, the kids with some kind of genetic disease, are good candidates for this Alien thing. Not really anything to do with "superiority".

>LMAO, this is too much globalist propaganda for my quiet evenings.
Better walk around with your eyes closed then.

Earth is run by an old pajeet lady
more poos and chinks than blacks
Its supposed to make her a square peg in a round hole, also you missed the entire character arch where she realizes she's not as stronk as she thinks
don't remember that
He's a belter spic he's supposed to be mutted, his race is irrelevant

same fag

Attached: 503f6db8d857c9da8308d7ec4b5792dd.jpg (1280x1709, 574K)

>implying those graphs are accurate

Ah, my mistake. But I am afraid that the show will get lost in fantasy now that they are engaging in this hyperspace portal travel and whatever else they might get for new tech. Part of the uniqueness to the show has been the realistically grounded space travel.

ma'am, please get off Yea Forums!
...no, you can't speak to my manager

I really want to press play on it but Yea Forums memed me too many times into shit shows.
>>Stop lying to me

>Earth is run by an old pajeet lady
Isn't she some kind of Iranian/Persian? Her husband is definitely a pajeet though.

>The other evil earther is an asian
>evil
>implying

Attached: mfw the martians are all dead.png (430x448, 368K)

Threadly reminder that Drummer is cute.

Attached: 47ae54e85b3cf705794b86f9d1ea0497.jpg (566x633, 35K)

the actress is iranian/persian but the character is supposed to be indian

yeah and she dsounds like she has 10 different throat cancers

ive watched the show
its not extremely compelling
its just kinda boring desu
also the throat cancer lady is such a bad and awful character, shes a strong woman but everything she says is cringe and everything she does go wrong lmfao

the only popular space sci-fi series is star wars

sci-fi only appeals to a certain demographic

but she has persian shit in her office

>star wars
>sci-fi
you almost got me there

>Isn't she some kind of Iranian/Persian?
The actress is, the character is supposed to be Indian.

Even progressive casters don't really give a shit about representation, as long as they're the right shade of brown/suitable foreign sounding to tick the virtue signalling box.

Attached: 150469679467.jpg (494x893, 107K)

Season 1 was great fun but 2 was boring as fuck. Did it improve in season 3? Also did the main cast finally learn how to act?

Attached: 1490509578933.jpg (675x428, 155K)

She'd be below average even among ladyboys.

Cause the first couple episodes were boring
Its ironic people are shitting on normies but when i watched it it was full of normie bait shit like relationship drama and casual sex

The best Martian character was white and the commander of their flagship was Asian. Neither of the two Martians in the main cast are black and the books say Mars was most heavily colonised by Indians because of overpopulation back on Earth, but socially dominated by Texans to the point where all Martians speak with a vaguely Texan accent.

Attached: 1560569459536.jpg (736x623, 55K)

>talking shit about s2ep6
stop
but yeah the cast is mediocre at best

>You will never sing star shanties with Camina
why live?

Attached: Camina!.png (1280x800, 927K)

It becomes especially painful because some of the side characters are played by much much better actors

The belters are almost all white south africans including their faction leader

where are the autistic Finnish nerd characters? They have fucking Native Americans, but not the most technologically advanced people in the world? There are more Finns now in the world than there are Native Americans, and that meme culture/ethnicity is only going to die more and more, becoming completely mutted in space.
Mämmi is already the perfect dystopian space food.

Attached: m%C3%A4mmituokkonen.jpg (620x360, 38K)

The hardest space sci-fi show probably ever. The reason it is so polarizing is that some anons can appreciate the attention to detail while normalfags really can't tell what makes the show good and thus think it's just weird and stupid.

>science fiction
Here why.

Used to enjoy the show until I read the books and realized that everyone acts super retarded for the sake of cheap drama. Jesus Christ it's bad, and the "muh belters are good boys they didn't do nuffin" attitude doesn't help.

>The hardest space sci-fi show probably ever
It gets points for that and its a big part of the setting, but i have to admit that sometimes they do things in the show that trigger me because you wouldn't do that in zero g
>lean against a wall
>place a tool/object on a surface
>support yourself on railings
I get that its not like you can film in zero g but i feel there are certain things the director could be telling the crew to do/not do that would make it more believable.
Probably just because i'm a bookfag though,and so much of the action in the books revolves around the gravity/physics issue.

It's better with her as less Indian looking. Not because I have anything against Indians (not true), but this way, the interracial relationships extend past just the white + other types. Indians shouldn't be allowed to skip out on the interracial relationship future either; so in my books, she's persian/iranian, and she's in a mixed race relationship with a pajeet.

>finns moving to tiny claustrophobic space stations full of other peoples
>finns
Sorry Pekka, you're too autistic for space travel.

>I guess people just read a lot of shit and sometimes they make media out of them
Thats pretty much it. And a good thing to understand now is to not ever get excited. Book adaptions are almost always garbage because script writers and directors have to make changes to fit the format, then they make more changes because they think they can make it better.

Attached: 1509697265601.jpg (858x621, 160K)

One last thing. Just like you cant trust Yea Forums to know anything good, dont ever avoid a book because people shit talk it. You might enjoy it and never know it. Unless you meet someone who has your exact taste in series, then maybe, but thats a unicorn.

if I was on earth
I'd be happy to just chug meds and play vidya all day in the sewers until the day I die

>book naomi was described as a tall&hot with asian european features and dark skin
may god spare my dick

based Mars

Attached: 1520547415593.png (891x620, 252K)

Lol, the entirety of this shitty show revolves around bullshit magic aliens not bound by any laws of physics (except for the power of love) and opening Stargates. Hard sci fi my ass.

>Augusto "Born in red sand, nuke their land" Nguyen
>Augusto "Martians are vile and don't deserve a trial" Nguyen
>Augusto "Piss Jars for Mars" Nguyen
>Augusto "Terraform by Cruciform" Nguyen
>Augusto "Ending the Rust is a Must" Nguyen
>Augusto "Rail Gun Their Fun" Nguyen
>Augusto "Don't Rattle My Battle" Nguyen
>Augusto "The Martian Solution is Dissolution" Nguyen
>Augusto "Turn the Beltalowda into Powder" Nguyen
>Augusto "Imma far too cool to be Protomolecule" Nguyen
>Augusto "Belters to Ashes, Martians to Dust; if Te Aqua don't get you, the Protomolecule must" Nguyen
>Augusto "Only kills his own men" Nguyen
>Augusto "Not a tear shed for a dead Red" Nguyen
>Augusto "Dropping bombs on Olympus Mons" Nguyen
>Augusto "Lab jars for a blue Mars" Nguyen
>Augusto "Fluster the Duster" Nguyen
>Augusto "Dont give me no lip or I'll commandeer your ship" Nguyen
>Augusto "Space war now that I'm working for Mao" Nguyen
>Augusto "Let the Martian domes burst for the Earth must come First" Nguyen
>Augusto "Follow my orders, now kill fellow soldiers" Nguyen
>Augusto "Return to the fleet or get your ass beat" Nguyen
>Augusto "You do not need to know, now watch this moon glow" Nguyen
>Augusto "Not from earth? It has no worth" Nguyen
>Augusto "No shelter for any belter" Nguyen
>Augusto "If it's not 1G it ain't for me" Nguyen
>Augusto "Better dead than red" Nguyen

She was always a nog.

>think he's going to be a badass
>dies like a bitch killed by his own side
kek

but it's space fantasy not sci fi

Attached: 1535961783765.jpg (171x278, 15K)

As soon as I heard that one of the female mutt protagonists had a British accent I dropped it. Why does this stupid fucking accent appear everywhere in sci-fi now it's fucking annoying?

It's like an Indian Theresa May.

All "hard" sci fi (which is just sci-fi, no need for hard), has elements of fiction, but real sci-fi doesn't over do the fiction. The Expanse still has, or at least did until the end of last season, more sci than it does fi. Not like star trek or other "sci-fi" space shows that are far more fi than sci.

Because they use Britbong actors.

The Finns are all probably on Pluto, beating their naked selves with barbed wire while rolling around in the frozen atmosphere in between saunas.

Attached: holy fuck finland.jpg (1680x3906, 745K)

Remember that time one of Russia's STRONK engineers drilled a hole in the Soyuz crew module which triggered all of the pressure alarms in the ISS because it was literally leaking air into space.

too slow for me and not enough focus on sci-fi themes imo

the fans are starwars tier retarded

do you work for EA?

fpbp expanseniggers btfo

she has great feet

SPIN
THE

D R U M M E R
R
U
M
M
E
R

Attached: Drummer.jpg (1500x844, 83K)

Has it been brought up that humans who live on mars would become shorter and their bones weak because of the lower gravity? A

>>Augusto "Dropping bombs on Olympus Mons" Nguyen
G O D T I E R

Attached: HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (750x925, 171K)

>Pajeets successfully traveling in space and making a successful empire ever
wow dropped

>>Mars is more technologically and socially advanced and full of black people

As canon fodder while 90% of important Martians are white or asian.

>why isn't a show that casts this black hole of charisma and screen presence super popular?

Dropped after the first season because I couldn't stand looking at his plank face and sleepy acting

Attached: cast_expanse_jim_holden_s1.jpg (1436x1920, 378K)

How do you count that, screentime showing magic < screentime showing non-magic? Of course every scifi needs some fi to work, for example in this case it'd be the constant acceleration drive, but when the centerpiece, the most important element of the setting, the motivation of every important character, is literally magic, and you can solve apocalypse-tier problems will love, I don't think "hard sci-fi" is an accurate description.

this guy is a bit extreme, he doesn't even have a handle cover for his barbed wire whip. The metal would get very hot to hold in your hand so I hope he covers the handle with a towel or something like a logical person, especially if his 10-year old cousin will be doing the whipping.

Attached: fugg.png (655x977, 318K)

why the whipping

cringe

Stimulates the skin.

why the barbs then

>>next scene a scientist says the black kid is the genetically superior candidate to be a super soldier infected with the Alien virus.
Is this bait? You can't be that stupid

Its good but Colony is better

feels good man. Get's the blood a-circulatin
most people use one of these though

Attached: saunavihta.jpg (800x510, 67K)

what is it with /pol/friends and using metaphors involving throats

>Dropped after the first season because I couldn't stand looking at his plank face and sleepy acting

>Oh no, we're stuck in an episode of Yea Forums where user doesn't understand the need for the everyman self-insert character.

Same

Attached: Cara-Gee-Feet-3539690.jpg (1366x768, 192K)

Amos is actually jacked.

QT KD

Attached: karadee.jpg (500x281, 26K)

Yeah. Earthers can beat Martians to pulp without breaking a sweat.

>TFW you will never commando a Martian battlecruiser against those assholes from earth.

M A R S
A
R
S

>shorter
wait, I thought it's the other way around, they get taller but their bones get weaker

Its not really magic.
It takes a long time to actually discover how the protomolecule works and what it does which takes place over several novels.
I guess its the whole 'magic and advanced science are indistinguishable from each other' trope but it is the mystery element of the series.
The point is you have this very real human world with human technology and human politics but the 'magic' throws a wrench into it

Attached: magic.png (1920x1080, 1.53M)

based cowpoke pajeet.

reading the hows of that entire chain of events in the book, had made me shit myself laughing. Martian space texan redneck hindus with hank hill accents and texan culture gave me hope for the future

stimulates the benis

y-y-y-y-yyyyy-yyeah, we n-n-n-n--nneeeed to jnow!! for educational and scientific ppurposes!!!

and for Tall GF

Wrong, bitchboy.

Season 3 is the greatest season of sci-fi TV ever.

season 1 was pretty meh though. I agree that it has grown into a great series, but that quality wasn't there right from the beginning.

Because theyre the sperglords from /pol/ that cant disassociate fiction from real life, and are bleeding into other boards and shitting up threads like the cancer they are.. They use the same line they meme against liberals, ironically. Everything is maxists, sjw, diversity pandering to them. This is why they hate everything, with their 1 digit IQ explanation being,
>race
>women
=
>bad.

Ignore them. Its a good show.

Count? No need to be so autistic about it. It's usually fairly evident without actually counting. Take Star Trek for example: they tend to look at every tech and say "what would a futuristic thing look like" instead of just utilizing tech we already have or making small changes. The Expanse, Aliens aside, only makes small changes to existing real tech for the sake of making space travel/life a reality. The alien shit, well, at least you can say maybe some alien tech would be magic to us.

It's just a rip off of several animes, done worse.

Bad acting is bad acting

Laconia

The only belter I won't space.

when's the new season

This show is literally not-Halo but made a better Halo show than that shitastic Official Halo mini series.
>innies vs outties
>RANGZ
>rings that cleanses life
>Martians are not Spartans you guys

nu-/lol/ are brainlets who can't think beyond "leftist/centrist/rightist; x-ist"
They have to box everything so they can have some tentative grasp on understanding stuff

yea I noticed the same scifi cliches of ancient aliens who mysteriously disappeared leaving behind advanced tech and zombie infection stuff.

Book naomi was as much asian and european as she was a african.
A mutt if you will.

He's literally Jon Snow in space, both are fucking retarded and I have no idea how they got the roles in question.

Halo isn't even the first IP to make use of any of these concepts, zoomer.

>Based Bull, QT Sam the mechanic
Yeah, but on the other side i really liked what they did with ashford.
I had little love for book ashford.

He even looks the same

/pol/-tard epidemic here, mods delete thread plz

Holden. It's all Steven Straits fault.

Blows it out of the water

he didn't imply that it was. Halo itself was a total Aliens ripoff.

because the entire cast is a bunch of 56% american creaturas

nobody likes niggers

It's absolutely retarded to have nogs, poos and emotional women in space. Good chance to suffer the fate of Detoilet.

I'm not sure
I do know that I didn't care about it, but after finally seeing the adverts spammed on Amazon I started watching it
then almost binge-watched all three seasons
show is so good that even knee-deep in diversity it's still a great watch
the only problem IMO was that the female martian sergeant wasn't nearly masculine or built enough to play the role

>Is it better than Firefly?
Only if you're autistic.

>who goes extinct as a metaphor for all whites
this is mental illness

I fight for based Duarte

Attached: file.png (1271x556, 819K)

Since Firefly is shit that wouldn't be a Herculean task

white people still existing in the future is way more retarded

>Alex be stylish
>Holden a nerd
>Amos a chad
>Bobbie surprisingly qt
Huh.

Why are all the nigger belters speaking creole? It's time to purge our property.

Rewatching season 1 now and the quality is huge, also i forgot how much of a edgelord Amos was in season 1. Not sure if he toned it down or if his antics grew on me.

I just want more Amos.

Attached: visible confusion.webm (502x510, 61K)

Attached: The Expanse.jpg (1911x1185, 283K)

It'd be impossible to cast belters, they're not just extremely tall and skinny, they also have oversized heads and you'd have to represent all their habitats being low G.

Attached: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u1.jpg (1000x983, 98K)

>it's more retarded to have a worldpopulation more than 10mio without white people.

Attached: gib belter milkies.png (800x600, 369K)

chiana eps best eps

It's a case of suspension of disbelief. You just have to accept they can't find a bunch of weird lanklets with big heads to play belters.

Bland main character, acting most of the time is just ok.

the books were just a fun ride with a somewhat likable crew through a never ending shit storm. They always made it through relatively unscathed and went on another adventure

The show plot is a somewhat fun ride with only half the crew likable though a never ending shit show with good moments.

only redeeming factors

>amos
>belters
>ayy lmao
>peaches
>miller
cancer throat lady is much better in the books but still good in show.

Attached: 1549454174547.jpg (1920x1080, 971K)

I've tried twice and never made it passed the black keys song in the first ep

You're crazy and those quads are wasted.

Attached: SG1 wacko.png (1024x1366, 1.62M)

Kek, go watch some reality tv then.

somehow Amos is more interesting despite playing a nearly-soulless meathead
the main guy reminds me too much of someone's self insert
I do like how his constant do-gooding just gets everyone killed

I loved all the shit Bobbie talked about how the MCRMC was ready to invade Earth at a moments notice and how they'd completely outclass the UN army because oo-rah, martian muhreen corps.

Then she arrives on Earth and starts having panic attacks from the fucking sky.

Half the Martian marines would be dead within fifteen minutes of landing in a Earth slum-district after they get overwhelmed by gangbangers and the other half would be chained up in some commie block and being used a cumdumps, since they have a 50/50 gender policy in their marine corp apparently.

UN military wouldn't even be needed.

Then the UN counter-invasion would drob millions of expendable grunts on Mars where they'd all have super-strength compared to the natives and fight like devils because they're all former slum kids with nothing to lose, unlike the highly educated and pampered Martians, so Martian habitat domes would just turn into massive orgies of rape after UN victory until their military police could restore order.

Mars is basically setting itself up to be Nazi Germany vs Soviet Union 2.0.

Attached: MHfmPph.png (2309x1431, 1.25M)

>somehow Amos is more interesting despite playing a nearly-soulless meathead
Because he was probably a meathead himself or met a lot of meatheads (guy was in the army)

In the books the character is terribly written. The writers clearly haven't actually met/got to know anyone with an actual rough background and/or violent streak, Amos comes across like a kid trying to act hard on the playground.

>this
unless they nuke Earth

Attached: paul-tobin-paul-tobin-expanse-concept-art05.jpg (655x926, 102K)

It's pretty menacing on the show

That's 90% of the actor, he's not got a lot of material to work with but still manages to sell it.

I love more organic looking technology, it's a shame more shows don't go with this and instead go with the standard Knights: In Space! appearance with hard, interlocking plates and sharp iPhone edges.

>cancer throat lady is much better in the books but still good in show.
Best Waifu.
Second Best Waifu is that slightly-less cancer throat lady (Drummer)