/classical/

Mozart edition

This thread is for the discussion of music in the Western classical tradition.

>How do I get into classical?
This link has resources including audio courses, textbooks and selections of recordings to help you start to understand and appreciate classical music:
pastebin.com/NBEp2VFh

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1568171135077.jpg (1621x1551, 513.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XuHc6wi6I6Y
youtube.com/watch?v=9j6vy8M0KFs
youtube.com/watch?v=HxUMAamPjeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BOuRTgPcJYc
youtube.com/watch?v=RajAq0Yd-s4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ae6fPM1i62c&ab_channel=MartinJantzen
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-4q1-Ug4n4
youtube.com/watch?v=V7yTLcTEfig
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hey check it out the 3 best composers of all time

Wagner is the last of the Mozartians, not Schoenberg.

First for Reddit

Attached: Satie-erik-4ff9d0bde1749.jpg (1000x1000, 598.48K)

>Winifred told me that "Wolf" had only scorn for the famed conductor Herbert von Karajan after he fumbled at one point in a gala performance of Die Meistersinger for the King and Queen of Yugoslavia in June 1939. Conducting without a score, Karajan lost his way, the singers halted, the curtain was rung down in confusion. Furious, Hitler directed Winifred: "Herr von Karajan will never conduct at Bayreuth in my lifetime" -- and he did not.

and that saved his career

Schubert, Schubert, Schubert, Schubert, Schubert

youtube.com/watch?v=XuHc6wi6I6Y
schubert

Favorite Schubert Lieder?

Ungeduld
Heidenroslein
An Sylvia
Auf dem Wasser zu singen
Hirt auf dem Felsen

youtube.com/watch?v=9j6vy8M0KFs

Strauss

youtube.com/watch?v=HxUMAamPjeQ

An die Musik
Du bist die Ruh

petzoldian piss

Yo Richard, what's the rush?

I Like Violin concertos and Violin music in general...who wrote the best?

why is satie a faggot?

Mozart

The "Big Five" violin concertos are Beethoven, Brahms, Bruch, Mendelssohn and Tchaikovsky

Schubert's sonatinas are very nice

Hirt auf dem Felsen is so fuckn good
I really like Nur wer die Sehnsucht kennt
Der Doppelganger is great as well

youtube.com/watch?v=BOuRTgPcJYc

Could you share pieces and passages similar to the fifth variation in Liszt's Totentanz?
Roughly from 7:05 in that video.
And particularly the 'burst' from 8:50 to 9:15

Thank you

look at this dood

brahms was the mozartian of his time, wagner was an unashamed beethoven worshipper through and through.

i found a stereo recording of richter playing beethoven op111 that's on par with the 1963 leipzig performance, but unfortunately the op109 and op110 are in mono. does anyone here know of any releases of recordings of richter playing those 2 sonatas in stereo from maybe around the late 60s or 70s?

>wagner was an unashamed beethoven worshipper through and through.
So was Brahms, so this comparison isn't exactly fit.

While Goethe was Wagner's biggest influence in German literature, he was closer himself to Schiller. Likewise Beethoven was his biggest musical influence, he was closer himself to Mozart. He said as much himself.

>Likewise Beethoven was his biggest musical influence, he was closer himself to Mozart.
wagnertrannies are so fucking stupid holy shit.

What is wrong with that? You seem to have the reading comprehension of a child in thinking technical influence equates to character.

Mozart and Wagner were both dramatic composers which can be easily recognised by their themes, Beethoven and Brahms were symphonists with more emphasis on the plastic structuring.

yeah you're a fucking retard, kindly never respond to me again.

Not an argument.

i don’t argue with braindeads.

omg Wagner is literally the best ever!!!
*eats cum shit and piss*

What role did Monteverdi played? What was his best works?

Attached: Claudio_Monteverdi_4.jpg (984x1312, 741.15K)

youtube.com/watch?v=RajAq0Yd-s4

Developed both early opera and the concerted madrigal, also known for the first unprepared dissonance in his madrigal Cruda Amarilli.
>His surviving music includes nine books of madrigals, large-scale religious works, such as his Vespro della Beata Vergine of 1610, and three complete operas. His opera L'Orfeo (1607) is the earliest of the genre still widely performed; towards the end of his life he wrote works for Venice, including Il ritorno d'Ulisse in patria and L'incoronazione di Poppea.

how do you rate his music pegi 18 or more?

I love music bros

He was going to compose a symphony based on Paradise Lost, which he said would be in one movement and would be comprised of contrasting themes, but died before he could. Who knows how innovative it may have been.

it would probably have sucked because wagner was a terrible symphonist

Terrible symphonist? And what's the evidence? The few early symphonic works he composed?

Still really want an arpeggione (I'm a guitarist so I have the equivalent of penis envy when it comes to the bow)
youtube.com/watch?v=Ae6fPM1i62c&ab_channel=MartinJantzen

>why are you calling him a terrible symphonist when he wrote terrible symphonies
beats me

why are you gay?

Your reading comprehension seems to be in bad shape, so let me spell it out for you: the majority of his symphonic works were written in the first half of the 19th-century, he became a great composer in the second half and wrote many great works in that time. If your evidence as to why Wagner would write a bad symphonic work in his last years is the few early works that he composed when he hasn't yet developed his style and consequently achieved greatness, then it's quite weak.

>b-b-but it doesn't count
wagnertrannies bore me

Not even a typical Wagnerposter, but I can see that you're just here to act like a retard. Understood, carry on then.

>i don't usually dilate to wagner but when i do it's to theoretical nonexistent works he never wrote

That's like saying he was a terrible opera composer because his student operas sucked. Yet his unique operatic style worked in much of the same sphere as the symphonist, along with his acute self awareness of what would have to change about his style to compose symphonies, it's quite obvious he would have succeeded.

he was a good operatic composer because he wrote good operas. he was a terrible symphonist because he wrote terrible symphonies. simple as, anything more is rationalization and cope.

>anything more is rationalization and cope.
If you want to go this route at least give an honest evaluation of his achievements. His opera style ('through composed' as they say) DOES contain many symphonic elements, which he mastered.

So you should say: He was in half-respects a good symphonist, and in the other half bad. He was in full a good opera composer.

no, he never wrote a good symphony so he isn’t a good symphonist. not hard to understand.
>b-but opera
isn’t a symphony. next!

/:

dilate freak

no need to tell me what you're up to wagnertranny, i already know based on your troon status.

Whats the next delusion? Wagner wrote good piano music? Lmao

nigga changed the game

mussolini favorite composer?
hirohito favorite composer?

Richter thought so.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y-4q1-Ug4n4

I'm going nuts trying to find a recording that I used to listen to but which I can't seem to find anywhere else. The piece is the Swan Lake suite performed by the Moscow Radio Symphony Orchestra conducted by Rozhdestvensky. I know it exists and that I'm not completely insane because I've managed to find photos of several LPs and a cassette tape (pic rel) of what I'm looking for but for the life of me I can't find either a CD or a download ANYWHERE despite the fucking thing being on youtube in excellent quality for years.

Any suggestions?

Attached: __57.jpg (1280x960, 271.51K)

it was probably just never transferred to CD by a label, either that or it was done by some obscure russian label that hasn’t been cataloged by the west (happens more often than you’d think)

Is this the best Meistersinger with English subtitles on the web?
youtube.com/watch?v=V7yTLcTEfig

But what gets me is that it was on youtube in excellent quality (ie. not transferred from vinyl or cassette) for at least half a decade and I've found multiple recordings of the full ballet with the same orchestra and conductor available as a CD and/or download as well as a number of LPs and cassettes. I'm having trouble believing that it isn't floating in the ether somewhere right under my nose, especially given the fame of both the conductor and the orchestra. I also looked through the 1849-page 'tism tome published by "Tchaikovsky Research" to see if it was maybe released under another name but the numbers didn't line up for any of the full ballet listings and there was nothing with Rozhdestvensky and the MRSO under the suite subsection. I'm starting to dive into Tchaikovsky compilations to see if it wasn't part of a multi-disc set or something but I'm not holding out much hope.

Attached: listing.jpg (1280x960, 210.33K)

People, including myself, always forget about Yves Nat. Been listening to his Beethoven again this afternoon. What a muscular Beethoven pianist. Maybe too headstrong for some, but if you like your Beethoven with piss and vinegar, his cycle might be worth looking into.

Attached: 7161_129493433711.jpg (250x365, 14.55K)

do i seriously need yet another mono beethoven sonata cycle? i have enough of those that i don’t touch.

Do you NEED one? No. But, hey, maybe it'll do something for you.

I would put it in the same ballpark as Richter's Leipzig in terms of muscularity, though Nat tends to have a stronger left hand and is less secure technically, as he stopped being a concert pianist to teach for a few decades.