Attached: 812x1200.jpg (406x600, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1K-RWqBccjg
youtu.be/lbrl7drJzxs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I enjoyed watching The Meg, it is not all bad

dated a chinese national in college, here's what she had to say on that
Imagine every advance we've made in the west over the past 70 years
now imagine China going from where we were in the 50s, and getting to where we are now, and doing it in 30 years. shitloads of cultural growing pains
imagine if the movies we were making in the 1950s suddenly access to the technology we have today, we would get the sort of tacky crap that china makes now
this is the same reason why the chinese fucking suck at driving and you see vids constantly of horrific accidents where no one is paying attention. we've had 100 years and multiple generations to evolve our car culture and let rules and regulations naturally form, they went from having no highways to speak of in the 70s to having the 3rd largest road infrastructure in the world today
but take all that with a grain of salt, I could have been fucking a chinese spy for all I know

Tiananmen Square
Now that that's out of the way,
Chinese cinema is a fucking meme and money laundering scheme. Wolf warrior 2 making that much money is fucking ridiculous
literally just don't watch any Chinese films, every one is fucking tripe
Hong Kong cinema is based

>dated a girl
Literally get out

Heavy Chinese censoring happened. At least Hong Kong was able to do whatever tf they wanted to do back then when it belonged to the British Empire, now they need to be way more careful what kind of movie they produce.

Hong Kong cinema is/was great but there are some good mainland directors too, like Chen Kaige, Zhang Yimou and Zhang Yuan.

Not him, but guess what
I'm living with a woman RIGHT NOW
And if that bothers you, you can get the fuck out, because I was here first

Attached: dealwithit.gif (380x240, 38K)

There's also Taiwanese cinema but I guess that's its own thing. Lots of cross pollination going on tho, like with the Assassin.

Attached: assassin.jpg (266x373, 32K)

the only chinese person i like is jet li
even jackie chan is bad

Tony Chiu-Wai Leung is good

Attached: Capture.jpg (812x606, 98K)

thats actually pretty interesting

When does your mom say you have to move out, then?

Chinks can only imitate, not create

This.

>liking Jet of piss Li
Stephen Chow is the most patrician hong konger

They learn from Hollywood.

Well played, but I was in fact referring to my girlfriend, and no longer live with either of my parents.

Attached: 1390846856439.gif (250x222, 1.58M)

2D doesn't count

She is very much the living, breathing, 3D variety, and before you ask she is also human, legal, a total qt and deeply in love with me, and she doesn't even have a penis. Not imaginary, either.

Attached: 1364324504475.gif (319x239, 2.69M)

holywood copycats nowadays, they could into good shit tho

Attached: d27ae4aed8de96f8b0b57eb27dee94f4.jpg (600x800, 103K)

Nice, man! How much are you paying for that service?

Because they're basically like Japan in that they constantly try to make live action anime, but with a way bigger budget.

Enjoy Hong Kong cinema while it last
In less than 10 years China is gonna completely taking it

Attached: 1175777190249.jpg (360x365, 184K)

That's the best part, aside from the odd birthday/Christmas gift (which I also get from her) and occasional flower purchase, it's pretty much free! Naturally there's temporal and emotional expenditure involved, but I mostly tend to enjoy all that anyway.

Attached: 1369650895642.gif (262x188, 689K)

quit fucking posting shit with your comments you braindead incel

Creating hapas is a crime against humanity

Make me.
>incel
lol nope
Good thing we're both white, then!

Attached: 1384091071456.gif (320x234, 2.97M)

stfu incel

They have millions more lowest common denominators to pander to than the west.

So imagine this: you live in China. Cab rides are a dollar. Bus rides are a quarter. You can easily feed a family of four at a restaurant with $10. Labor, food, and utilities are insanely cheap

But luxury items are the same price as they are overseas - if not more. An iPhone X costs more in China than it does in the USA. Enormous luxury taxes are tacked on to everything. And people willingly pay, because the Chinese honestly believe that their outward appearance is the most important thing a person can "own" and will spend whatever it costs to make themselves appear rich. For example, I knew a dude in China who spent a huge amount of money on a Mercedes E-Eclass, then spent an equally huge amount to put things like lights in the door jams so that the floor lit up with a Mercedes logo when he got out of the car. He got a fake V 12 badge. And funniest of all, he bought a baby blanket from Chanel and kept it visible in the backseat. He doesn't have a baby.

But this is the Chinese lifestyle - be rich or pretend you are, and that's all that matters. And for the Chinese, a trip to the movie theater is a luxury that they can show off on Wechat, so they'll save up their money and go to the movies that are popular with everyone else just to show that they're not poor.

>good chinese movies don't get made all the time and this live action anime equivalent of american capeshit(but is probably much better and less cringey) is a meaningful sample choice

Attached: 1400707725774.jpg (640x400, 45K)

kino

Because it's made in china

It's not all bad, but their tastes are only slightly superior to Japanese edge lords.

What they really need is another Bruce Lee. Someone to cut the Wu xia cables and bring realistic movies back.

Fuck off normies.

just by virtue of not being capeshit, it's already superior to at least 80% of american cinema in the current year

Jason and the Argonauts would be even more epic. nothing compared to the cringe and shitfest of insect cinema from communist china

>Someone to cut the Wu xia cables and bring realistic movies back.
Fuck no, we need more wuxia shit.

>not living with your parents, grandparents and grand grandparents
t. chink

>nothing compared to the cringe and shitfest of insect cinema from communist china
Nah there are lots of good movies from communist China, pic realted

Attached: farewell.jpg (474x697, 109K)

Classic

pic related
Personally, I prefer some privacy. You don't care for that over in China then?

Attached: 1151438887902.gif (398x343, 2K)

At least we'll still have Taiwan.

ironically Communist Chinese cinema was Kino. Especially the 5th Generation that consisted of survivors from the Cultural Revolution. Which saved Chinese language cinema for a short while while HK/Taiwan Cinema became Bollywood tier.

It shat up 2010s as it commercialized, with Chinese filmmakers learned Hollywood moves and McCGI.

Not for long, the way things are going in that part of the world.

>Why is cinema so bad?
ftfy

This.

>Why is chinese cinema so bad?
Chinese cinema is better than anything that the westcucks produced in the past five years.

Attached: Netflix Original.jpg (620x465, 54K)

>90% of all movies are bad
it not their fault you keep watching only the bad ones

Any good asian films Yea Forums recommends watching?

For some reason I have the movie tokyo sonata bookmarked to watch and frog river. Are they asian kino?

>Any good asian films Yea Forums recommends watching?

From Hong Kong I suggest Wong Kar-Wai. Days of Being Wild, In the Mood for Love and 2046 are three kinos. From mainland I suggest this from Caige or if you want wuxia then this from Zhang Yimou.

We'll put China in their place eventually.
We're already slowing down their entire economy with this little trade dispute that's been going on.

Attached: yuengling.png (901x889, 585K)

Good one.

Attached: brandoroll.gif (500x382, 386K)

fuck China for killing hong kong category III

>He doesn't watch worldwide economics news
Whether you're a chink or a yuropoor that hates America, it doesn't matter. We still control even our biggest rival, like it or not.

Attached: sgh.jpg (378x485, 98K)

we need to build an Edward Yang RoboCop

youtu.be/1K-RWqBccjg
youtu.be/lbrl7drJzxs
*Blocks your path*

Attached: MV5BODI4OGFkOWEtYzE5My00YmFkLWFlM2UtNjcxNzQ5ZGZjY2Q1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTk2MDc1MjQ@._V1_.jpg (1374x2000, 638K)