5 Albums 5 Movies

Post em, rate em, hate em, give me your 5 favorite albums and 5 favorite movies.
neverendingchartrendering.org

Attached: topsters2.png (1660x736, 1.37M)

haven't i done this already?
you chart ain't half bad

Attached: topsters2(44).jpg (1660x736, 327.83K)

you are an illustrator
do you like nekojiru?
i like viper

Attached: topsters2 (36).jpg (1660x736, 254.16K)

I don't think I have all-time favs, these are current ones mostly.

Is that the "newer" Nosferatu? 70s I think? Never seen that one.

What genre is Phase IV?

I have never watched a Ghibli film; have always meant too. They look pretty.

Attached: topsters2 (12).jpg (2161x736, 293.3K)

turn 18, OP

based noir user. If by some chance you haven't seen Chinatown or L.A. Confidential yet, don't hesitate.
spooky
based NPC

Attached: topsters2 (79).jpg (1660x736, 277.28K)

+Ghibli
>Batman
It was...ok, liked Dark Knight much better

+Clerks

+Blade Runner
I really need to watch 2049 after rewatching this

Attached: top5.png (1660x736, 1.18M)

Duck You Sucker is very underrated
The Third Man is up your alley

Attached: top 5 albums movies.jpg (1660x736, 395.24K)

cool movies
good chart
I want to check out most of these

Attached: topsters2 (1).png (2454x736, 1.48M)

What album is with the doggo and chair?

I haven't ever seen Phase IV mentioned anywhere on the internet before, but I've never forgotten it from when I was a young child. Dunno if it's actually good, but bravo

That’s the mirror by Tarkovsky
Respectable charts

Attached: DA1FED5E-1ECD-4EF8-B97C-FBE72B0D557C.jpg (1660x736, 184.18K)

Yours is also nice

>End of Eva
That was my favorite movie when I was 16. It was also my first time watching Eva, so naturally I didn't know who tf anyone was or wtf was going on. Quite the experience.

Attached: 1353976553810.jpg (336x475, 115.54K)

What's the 2nd movie?

I love Rec, Ween and Death Grips. Awesome chart

(dubs ^_^)
Yay, Pulp

Attached: 5album5movie.png (1093x447, 645.57K)

The Mirror by Andrei Tarkovsky

dark knight is dogshit saved by heath ledger's stellar performance

I am not an illustrator but I wish I was
>nekojiru
idk what that is
+ramones
+oingo + the cure + blade runner, overall good taste
Is emo NPC now? I know my movie repertoire is limited though, half the reason I started this thread was to see what other anons like
have to agree + dead milkman absolutely based, +blur, +ferris bueller

Spirited away and princess mononoke are based, everything else is kinda meh. You’re the kind of friend I’d hang out with when everyone’s around, but not one on one.
good music taste except deathconciousness, that’s whiny emo shit
not really big into horror so meh on your film picks
Great music taste, best Beatles album, fuck yeah. Nosferatu and the clerks fuck yeah. Haven’t seen the other films but you seem cool and have good taste as far as I can see
haven’t seen or heard any of these yet unfortunately, Lynch’s filmog is high on my list to start on, so im gonna say you seem cool
seems like a tryhard
plus 1 cool point for Chinatown tho i guess
based movie taste, haven’t listened to any of those albums though
haven’t seen or heard any of these but +10 cool points for including a Godard film, you must be cultured
another based good taste haver!! (in Movies)
i wanna say you seem like a depressive type
wholesome

Attached: A0F2F7A5-D223-48A7-99ED-F257E6F4EDA0.jpg (2782x736, 362.8K)

>i wanna say you seem like a depressive type
i guess more of the existentialist type, not sure if im depressed or not but yeah
>good music taste except deathconciousness, that’s whiny emo shit
theres a lot more to get out of deathsconsciousness than just whiny emo shit ive never understood why this is such a popular sentiment
you need to listen to more onkyo ig

you seem fun
good albums, questionable movies. was never that into splatters
good movies, also based boingobro
no country and fight club are among the best, nice
everything else here is good, but what do you like about GMGN? genuine question, I admire its insanity as an art piece but wonder what makes someone place it in their favourite albums
that snowing album is probably the best emo record there is

Attached: topsters233.jpg (1660x736, 290.01K)

i like splatter flicks because they are fun to watch with friends/while high

that i can get behind, nice

>everything else here is good, but what do you like about GMGN? genuine question, I admire its insanity as an art piece but wonder what makes someone place it in their favourite albums
its really just how it makes me feel, i like things that make me feel at peace or more in touch with the beyond and that album accomplishes both
i also appreciate the intricacies of the improvisation and find it very mentally stimulating, most of my favourite albums are a mix of those two things, feelings of wonder and peace and enough intellectual stimulation to substantiate those feelings and make them last
i think i listen to music in a different headspace than most people, its more about meditation to me
but honestly idk i just like what i like i cant explain why i can only try to rationalize to the best of my abilities

+Blade Runner, Mulholland Drive
+Double Negative, Fight Club, Malcolm X
+HANL, End of Evangelion, Blue Velvet
Snowing album brings great memories back. Definitely the best group of that era of emo by a looong shot
+SOPHIE, Eyes Wide Shut
+Mista Thug, Good Time, Fight Club, Trainspotting. Great movies

Attached: 5a5f.png (2676x736, 1.52M)

Unicorns and Trainspotting are so good

Attached: DAAD1C2F-C7D0-46AF-8775-4B51CC3A92B2.jpg (695x285, 212.09K)

I get that, if it's purely the meditative experience you seek GMGN gets the job done to an extreme

you probably call yourself a sigma male

Attached: topsters2.jpg (1660x736, 268.24K)

>Le Batman
Ahahahahahahah
Stopped reading this shit thread there

HOLY MOUNTAIN BASEDDDDDD

Attached: milk-tiger.gif (220x118, 469.47K)

ever try shadows of forgotten ancestors? I think it's parajanov's best

hell yeah

Attached: topsters2 (10).jpg (2316x752, 387K)

wow, are you me?

Look, I know I'm going to catch shit for my movie choices but hear me out, I'm not really into movies the same way I am with music. With music my taste really has no bounds and I can find myself enjoying even the most obscure of records. Movies are kind of the opposite for me, if I'm watching a movie I just want to watch something that looks good and is just overall a fun time. I just can't understand half the movie choices in here, they are so obscure. Like ... like wtf are those movies did you find them in a bargain bin in a French Goodwill somewhere? What are they even doing in these movies? Planting trees then watching them grow? Sorry didn't mean to call you out specifically but just damn..

Attached: topsters2 with movies.png (2204x736, 1.32M)

Attached: topsters2.jpg (1660x736, 280.26K)

Well, I'm very much the same: I usually don't have the patience to sit through movies like I can with albums, so I look for ones that can captivate me equally. But, I've seen all the movies you have on your chart and they don't engage me, for instance. They're fun enough to watch socially with a friend or two but would you do the same with your favorite music? There's a movie equivalent to every genre of music—it's just a matter of having the interest to look for them, and my favorite music is the type I can sit back and immerse myself in. You'd only have to dig one layer deeper than you already have because these are fairly entry-level French New Wave films that I have on my chart.

But uh yeah, who could have guessed that in "The Man Who Planted Trees" a man plants trees and watches them grow. (Beautiful short film by the way, really really would love for you to watch it even if you don't like it.)

after hours is great

Attached: topsters2 (2).png (1660x736, 1.42M)

Attached: 5_and_5.jpg (1660x736, 278.22K)

district 9 is very based at least

I should have put liar liar over avatar now that I think about it. idk im just hyped for the new avatar so I put it up there.

I'm really not great at all times as they shift often, but this is a decent approximation.

debated putting some Kar-wai on mine
fucking great movie
also good Herzog
gonna have to acknowledge the Spaghetti Western and excellent Nier soundtrack here, plus No Country
really great all around
though as much as I like Kane I really have grown to love Chimes at Midnight and I think it's my favorite of his
and god I just rewatched EoE because of the bluray release, and it's still awesome
excellent all around
props for little women
never see them on Yea Forums at all and they're fantastic
you need to choose edgier music if you want to go for the meme, user

Attached: musicmovie1.png (1660x736, 1.3M)

all i wanna do in life is see a midnight screening of inland empire while sleep deprived

Attached: topsters2 (10).png (2347x736, 1.22M)

bogeybro
god I fucking love the Nier soundtracks
++for gusic
district 9 are cloverfield are pretty good
>a serbian film
>marilyn manson
2 edgy 4 me

Attached: 1644066915348.png (1660x736, 1.06M)

i saw a little bit of hostel when i was a teenager and it ruined my life
fallen angels is the best wong kar wai great choice
you seem cool
i love robert ashley so much and i wish he were discussed here more
really liked parasite but i already forgot about it
never seen that poster for good time before- i loved that movie but it ruined my day ya know?
videodromers unite
you seem cool too
thats the best candy claws album and the best mbv album and i don't know why more people don't agree
i wish soul coughing kept making records- el oso is my favorite and i think they wouldve just gotten better
spooky
what's that ornette coleman album like it looks tight

Attached: d.jpg (1774x852, 368.56K)

dogleg - melee

Watch The Raid

Attached: topsters2.jpg (1700x1600, 381.01K)

I have watched both of em jokes on you raid shill user

really great as well love all these artists besides the second which i haven't heard
penderecki - matrix 5 barely missed my chart
gotta check out that live in japan by coltrane ive been rec'd it a couple of times
>though as much as I like Kane I really have grown to love Chimes at Midnight and I think it's my favorite of his
i haven't seen that actually i'll have to check it out
>and god I just rewatched EoE because of the bluray release, and it's still awesome
i'm glad this is getting some appreciation around here by you and the other chadthe anime medium lends itself to hollow criticism, there is some very high quality art to be found
perfect blue is another phenomenal anime film not quite on the same level as eoe though imho

it's Psalters - Divine Liturgy of the Wretched Exiles
they play intense but sincere folk music, from all over the world, and are overtly christian
I'm not religious in any sense but all their music is amazing
and the Coltrane one is really, really

Yeah the anime thing is always a bit disappointing. Satoshi Kon was definitely gone way too soon, and people like Oshii aren't really making much of anything anymore, sadly.

District 9 poster here, yeah I've seen both. Raid 2 has an amazing soundtrack and as much as I loved them the first time, idk they just didn't seem as good after rewatching them.

>i love robert ashley so much and i wish he were discussed here more
yeah totally agree although i can see why since a lot of it is pretty inaccessible to most
perfect lives is a badass pick nice user

I was literally thinking about rewatching Pineapple Express earlier today. I haven't seen it since it came out.

I need to see more movies.
Exmilitary is the only DG album I can still listen through all the way
+Ramones, I'm a Road To Ruin man myself though
My favorite Oingo Boingo album as well, especially Sweat
Finally got around to watching No Country For Old Men a month ago, kind of feels like a lonelier, emptier Fargo
+Smashing Pumpkins, though Mellon Collie wins by a hair for me because of its variety

Attached: slopsters2.png (2147x736, 1.49M)

I am not a film buff but here it is.

forgot to add picture

Attached: topsters2 (2).png (1700x752, 1.42M)

I did. It's good. Makes me wanna learn Kali, can't think of a better style suited for knife fighting

+Ghibli
+Raiders
+Quebec
+Hostel
+Ramones
+Clerks
+Aguirre
+Oingo Boingo
+Sunset Boulevard
+Blade Runner
+Malcolm X
+A Wizard, A True Star
+Felt Mountain
+The Third Man

Attached: topsters2.png (1660x736, 1.45M)

Send hate plz
Hot fuzz based
District 9 was alright, Avatar was ass. Also, The Apartment is not so obscure and is pretty good actually. Maybe give it a shot.

Attached: topsters2.jpg (1700x1600, 329.86K)

I don't blame anybody when they trash Avatar, but in my opinion it was the best theater experience I've ever had and that's all that has to matter to me for a movie like Avatar. Movie just doesn't translate unless you see it on the IMAX.

another movie like this for me was Oblivion. I remember being BLOWN away when I first saw it in theatres, only to feel pretty mid on it when I finally watched it at home.