/ABAG/ - Alita: Battle Angel General - #18

This is thread for general discussion of Alita: Battle Angel.
Post and discuss your thoughts on the movie, pics/gifs/webms related and relevant info/rumours/news.

Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=w7pYhpJaJW8

Rotten Tomatoes - Critics 59% Audience 94%
rottentomatoes.com/m/alita_battle_angel
IMDB - 7.6/10
imdb.com/title/tt0437086/

Production Cost and Box Office Sales Numbers
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=alita.htm

Conversation Starters:
>Have you seen it?
>What did you think?
>Who is planning to see it?
>What do you expect?
>Who won't be seeing it?
>Why not?

Previous Thread:

Attached: ABA_11.jpg (2180x1152, 671K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/salazar2049/status/1098622315758260226
google.com/search?q=alita&biw=2560&bih=1377&tbs=isz:ex,iszw:2180,iszh:1152&tbm=isch&source=lnt
forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/142-avatar-2-dec-18-2020-allegedly-subtitled-the-way-of-water-not-to-be-confused-with-the-weight-of-water/?page=827&tab=comments#comment-3732981
youtube.com/watch?v=1Q9U5dZ5BKI
exhentai.org/g/800849/8523aec22d/
twitter.com/GiteshPandya/status/1097178533246447618
nothingbutgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Alita_Rosa_Poster_rgb.jpg
twitter.com/gavinfeng97/status/1098607485164929027
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=alita.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=readyplayerone.htm
nytimes.com/2019/02/12/movies/alita-battle-angel-review.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dumping wallpaper quality pics

Attached: alitabattleangel_22.jpg (2180x1152, 459K)

Gah, you beat me to making the general. Alita is opening in China, bros. Wish them luck!

Attached: Dz8JqrNWwAIKXl5.jpg large.jpg (1080x1440, 161K)

Attached: alitabattleangel_32.jpg (2180x1152, 306K)

Attached: 0340140_approvedVersion_r0002_v0471_org.jpg (2180x1152, 2.16M)

Reminds me of this scene.

Attached: woah.png (1920x1040, 1.83M)

Anyone else re-reading Gunnm now? Or reading it for the first time?

Attached: Read-Battle-Angel-Alita-Manga-Online-Free-028.jpg (816x1203, 137K)

Alita is the cutest daughterfu

Attached: dims.jpg (2180x1152, 417K)

Really hope it will do great over there.

Attached: 1550639501803.jpg (1365x936, 84K)

Re reading, currently on the Tuned arc

stay safe cyberpupper

Attached: 1550703518023.jpg (634x338, 42K)

The way she evolved over the film is fantastic. A self contained arc, but leaves it open. I can see why Cameron loved the original so much. She's a lot like his female characters, i.e. Sarah Connor.

Attached: Dz1QUnfXgAAOS2Z.jpg large.jpg (825x464, 65K)

Just come back from watching it a second time, and my opinion has completely changed. I initially thought it was a 6/10 that added pointless characters and changed things for no reason from the manga, but I actually think it's closer to an 8/10. Watching it in 3D (watched it in 2D first) made it better too, as the scenery really came to life.

It didn't feel too cyberpunky the first time I watched it because I was expecting it to be a lot more dark and gritty, but on watching it a second time it did as I knew what to expect.
I felt Chiren was unnecessary first time round, but on second viewing thought she was an interesting and engaging addition.
Loved Zapan first time round, but thought how he didn't tear off his own face a bad change except on second time realised the line "you spend all your money on your face" that he is basically a ricer, and that Alita doing it makes more sense.
The bit Hugo was saying to Alita about not just trusting people and how not all people are good I realised on second viewing that he hated himself for what he had done, a lot more relatable and had more depth than I initially thought.
Ido cutting out the mark from his forehead seemed like a pointless random change but I think it makes more sense than the manga in some ways in terms of moving on from Zalem. Chiren stil has the mark and is obsessed with getting back, contrasting with Ido.
Missed Alita calling Ido "father" on first viewing, that was really touching.
Nova hacking into people with the blue eyes I felt was unneccessary and cheesy on first watching, but on second I realised that it showed just how much power he had and it suited the menacing kind of villain that he is. I also realised it's basically just like Ghost in the Shell which is cool too.
Also Alita is CUTE, she has so many subtle CUTE expressions that I missed first time round

tl;dr I don't know how I missed so much first time watching the film, I guess I was just really in the wrong mindset.

Attached: big_startfilmru1409391.jpg (2180x1152, 490K)

Why are trannies and shitskins so in love with Alita?
twitter.com/salazar2049/status/1098622315758260226

Attached: alitabattleangel_37.jpg (2180x1152, 337K)

was he gonna chop his daughters head off and place it on the robo-body?

Attached: aba_016_ala_0190_v0505-87446_rgb1.jpg (2180x1152, 861K)

Stay safe cyberpupper

Attached: ChinaWillSaveMyMovie.png (1540x816, 1.23M)

So is this the fad? Making generals for movies?

>Conversation Starters
Oh look, now threads need conversation starters.

Attached: 2012-11-06.png (631x336, 52K)

Updated daily box office.

Attached: alita box feb 20 2019.jpg (800x411, 211K)

Attached: 91ea6c68-ebcf-4100-92e8-fa8cc98c8b35-alitabattleangelepkABA_096_CWS_0490_v0407.87435_rgb.jpg (2180x1152, 161K)

>mfw watching both motorball scenes
Watching this in imax 3d really was something else. Is this the power of robert rodriguez with a budget?

Attached: cool.jpg (855x720, 292K)

Stay safe cyberpupper.

All good points but Zapan never rips his own face off, not yet anyways. In the manga, it was a similar situation compared to the movie except Alita rips his face off with her hand rather than a sword.

He rips his face off afterwards when he's trying to change his life and sees Alita as a Motorball champion and gets flashbacks to when she ripped his face off. Which eventually leads to the best fight in the series with pic related

Attached: zapan-berserker.jpg (710x678, 201K)

Where is it from?

They really held back on the scrap pile

Attached: fe10e0da6ad551570c0115540b3ee83b.jpg (728x1070, 191K)

Will the blu ray have Imax scenes?

please say yes

Attached: 5a4601d5-0787-4ec9-8f92-5689282f3cff-alitabattleangelepkABA_179_ZAP_0400_v0199.87447_rgb.jpg (2180x1152, 200K)

Agreed, got that bit mixed up yeah

Wednesday is a really slow day at the movies in general.

Keyword: underwhelming.

Little, if any replay value.

it's just shills from other sites like twitter, facebook and some weird box office one
they don't like the Yea Forums format so they did this

Sheet, that actually isn't good. Bumblebee did better than that on Wednesday after it's opening weekend.

google.com/search?q=alita&biw=2560&bih=1377&tbs=isz:ex,iszw:2180,iszh:1152&tbm=isch&source=lnt

Attached: Angrita.jpg (2180x1152, 467K)

the numbers don't quite add up

Attached: hmmmm.jpg (628x19, 4K)

Common situation. I liked it better the second time as well but for reasons beyond the initial visual factors, which on their own merit are fun as hell.

That's been there since general one you tsundere weirdo.

Probably my biggest gripe, Rodriguez missing the atmosphere of the manga really sucked.

Attached: Keaan-Johnson-and-Rosa-Salazar-as-cyborg-Alita.jpg (2180x1152, 402K)

Attached: 44877.jpg (2180x1152, 1.8M)

Syat safe cyberpupper

forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/142-avatar-2-dec-18-2020-allegedly-subtitled-the-way-of-water-not-to-be-confused-with-the-weight-of-water/?page=827&tab=comments#comment-3732981
What a piece of fucking shit aping posts from here

youtube.com/watch?v=1Q9U5dZ5BKI
Probably has a lot do with the color scheme.

Attached: 876879.jpg (2180x1152, 704K)

what sort of reasons out of interest?

I guess the one that bothered they could've expanded on a bit more was how absolutely fucked society was down below. The Motorball spin off highlights this more, but I would've loved if they added bits regarding how casually people in the Scrapyard treat life and death.
Still couldn't get over that one scene where lots of Motorball fans offer their arms to use as a hood ornament for one racer.

Attached: BAA04_115_Cult_of_Tiphares.jpg (555x355, 105K)

>tfw only Imax 3D are showing up to next wdnesday in my whole state

>no vagina
but how is she ever going to find a man to love her if she can't even have sex with him?

Attached: Alita Battle Angel 2019 720p HDCAM-1XBETTTTT.webm (800x334, 2.98M)

>Alita will never punch me in the face

Attached: 1kinni.jpg (600x596, 165K)

He new body has nanotech. She can make herself one whenever she wants.
Stop being a cringy faggot.

Her URM body updates according to her self-image. So all you have to do is convince her she's nothing but a dirty slut.

your manga pics are all black/white but on amerzan all books are in colour

She probably gives ridiculous handjobs

>amerzan

Attached: BzB94BEIAAACFKX.jpg (500x370, 21K)

you serious? that was in December, right after Christmas
guess what, kids are not at school

The actual dialogue for one, and the subtler character interactions, both of which you can very easily miss upon first viewing because you're taking in the grandness of the setting and focused on the spectacle of the action sequences. After the 'novelty' wears off, relatively speaking, you are able to dedicate your brain more to actually paying attention to what's being said and done on the more microcosmic scale, instead of piecing it together through the macrocosm of the world.

>not appreciating the machine body
she is not for you.

And please refer to the shopping catalogue. exhentai.org/g/800849/8523aec22d/

Attached: 8658998713_da282fe584_o.jpg (531x600, 80K)

Still, based on projections now, and considering the film really only has this weekend and next to make as much money at the domestic market, it will make 110 million domestic max. China really is going to have to support this film for it to get a sequel.

stay safe cyberpupper

Attached: amerzan.jpg (225x225, 5K)

what about home video and television income?

Our only hope is the chinks and japs its over

the covers are in color, the inside is b/w

Well said, that makes a lot of sense. There's a deceptively large level of depth to the film

first time viewing I thought Hugo was kinda lame and the weakest part of the cast.
Second viewing I disliked him less and his part in forcing Alita to grow up was needed. Mostly just curious as to what is going on up in that city and why Mars seems to have been the 'good' faction in the war. No I have not read the manga.

Doesn't matter in the eyes of execs. Films can make some money back in home media, but not to fund a sequel, to recoup any losses. Who knows, maybe by some fucking miracle of God or whoever, this weekend numbers will rise up greatly and China will give it 55 to 60 million opening weekend. But right now, a 1.7 million Wednesday the weekend after it opened does not look very good. That's already stagnating territory. Next Wednesday, it won't even make a million I bet. It literally all banks on this fucking weekend.

Anyone notice the shirt?

Attached: Dz9dXauW0AEz-IT.jpg large.jpg (768x433, 67K)

>Sales look good to me!

Attached: Executive Producer.jpg (194x259, 6K)

given that a sequel would cover some of the most kino stuff from the manga, would that not potentially bring more interest into the series?

And look, I'm not saying any of this 'cause I want it to fail, I want this shit to make a billion dollars. But realistically, I don't see it domestically making any more than 110 million now. I think maybe, if the movie makes 450 million at least, if China helps it, we will get 1 sequel to wrap up any story threads.

jfc this madman is gonna make a sequel no matter how badly the movie does isn't he?

I really hope so.

Attached: 1550634369325.jpg (446x299, 28K)

My guess is he funds a lower budget sequel if the movie makes enough. Pacific Rim made just 440 million and that got a sequel (albeit shitty one).

>I'm not saying any of this 'cause I want it to fail
I know man, I'm just being overly optimistic

Someone mentioned earlier, they have all the equpment from this one, alas budget could be cut without any impact on the quality.

stay safe cypberpupper

Never underestimate the love of your waifu

It's dead, Jim

Fuck, Pacific Rim actually only made 410 million and that got a sequel, so who knows.

This upcoming Monday/Tuesday will be the day we can declare if this movie survived or not. So literally, EVERYONE HERE RIGHT NOW, go see it at least once this weekend.

Attached: a_2.png (1280x720, 726K)

Is there an actual reason why she looks like a bug eyed freak in the movie?

did you get one of the space elevator? heard you can see it in one of the day shots

I'm actually seeing it again this coming weekend then going with a friend of mine on the next weekend too. But it's looking pretty bleak for the film. Fuckass critics did a lot of damage.

but user, she doesn't

I actually don't think critics did much damage, it's just there wasn't much marketing for the film surprisingly in the states. And as for weekend projections, it's a ball game right now. It could either triumph and make just as much as last weekend, or drop off considerably. It's really unclear right now because of so many factors.

Yeah, I was surprised at the lack of marketing too. Had it not been for here, I don't think I would have even heard of it beyond maybe a glance at the mall theater lineup on the weekend as I'm walking by.

This. They probably even ecouraged people to become more vocal about the movie, which -again probably- may way heavier than a better RT score.

Based Cameron he did it again

>i can't believe there's been so little marketing!
>posted as a reply to a literal shill thread

they ditched conventional marketing after reactions were resoundingly negative to every trailer. Thus the general.

let's just be happy that it happened

I'm seeing a third fucking time today ._. is this how bronies felt

it will end like this

Attached: 5c6f21021e1fc216417957.gif (640x360, 3.25M)

nope.

>is this how bronies felt
yes

why are you being rude in here? These generals are basically a memorial service at this point.

she's an alien from mars

Again, next week, this general will become either a funeral service or a fucking party. We have to see.

There is no way this doesn't drop at least 45%. Dragon 3 is opening in 4,529 theaters tomorrow, and nothing so far has shown that it would have such a strong hold.

Guys,is James Cameron on the spectrum?

i've seen this gif a number of times but have only now realized that this is Kuze from Yakuza 0
what's the movie?

Attached: 1542142301648.png (720x402, 254K)

>makes anime real
what do you think?

Re-reading. Just got to space Mbadi elevator boogaloo.

Also Bumblebee got a sequel greenlit after making only 400 million worldwide, making it the worst performing movie in the franchise. Not only that, but they recently confirmed the movie is the start of a new Transformers universe, so they're rebooting the franchise using the less profitable movie as a baseline.

stay safe cyberpupper

more like they'll become non-existent, as once the flop is in, they're done. Hell, the flop is practically already in, but no one is going to admit it until they have no choice.

I like how mbadi is the exact point the quality nosedives and never recovers.

I doubt it will end up a flop. It won't perform that great but China bucks sure will drive this up.

Im more interested in how great her hugs are

It made 460 million on a 135 million budget. 60 of which was paid by Tencent. The Last Knight had 260 million budget and made 600 million worldwide, losing 100 million for Paramount.

Just came back from a screening AND NOW I'M MAD I'LL NEVER HAVE A CUTE ALITA GIRLFRIEND, IT'S NOT FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIR!!!!!

Attached: reee.jpg (495x362, 30K)

>Have you seen it?
Yes, twice in a week, once in 2D + Dolby Atmos and once in 3D
>What did you think?
Awesome, amazing, flawless, my favorite film
>Who is planning to see it?
Me again, I may see it again 2 times, maybe 3 if it's on the next week too
>What do you expect?
I expect to like it even more (I liked it even more the 2nd time)
>Who won't be seeing it?
Crazy people, it's once of these films you have to watch it the movies
>Why not?
I don't know, this movie is absolutely amazing, Cameron and Rodriguez did it again

It needs about 600m from china to not flop.

I have to buy a tablet to read it

It won't be a flop at all, the question is whether or not it's good enough for a sequel. The film already exists, it's great it exists, what we want is a damn sequel.
It needs 150 million really.

I just want to hold her hand, bros

Attached: 1542916856701.jpg (882x960, 76K)

This, perfect pacing and character progression, it's a triumph considering how many stuff they squeezed in yet it never feels rushed, it feels natural
And Alita is a great character

If nothing else brings any money at all, then that's probably true but not otherwise.

why do you shills keep trying to act like studios get 100% of the proceeds?

I didn't say that, I'm actually taking that in to account. 450 million is the sweet spot for a sequel.

can someone post the pic of alita making this expression / gesture?

Attached: 700.jpg (300x303, 9K)

its already dead in every market it's been released in. All that is left is china and japan, and they're releasing it as "alita" in japan.

The guy isn't completely off. Fox only takes a percentage from the cinemas and the percentage is usually lower in China.

Attached: 1550623699785.png (745x748, 882K)

are you really bad at math or just stupid?

The Fox internal number is 350.

Okay, imma need a source for that. I can give you one.
Very funny, I've been comparing numbers from a dozen other blockbusters with similar tracking, release dates, and genres.

twitter.com/GiteshPandya/status/1097178533246447618

Attached: 1550725964153.jpg (745x748, 211K)

godspeed

stay safe cyberpupper

In what way? I enjoyed last order more than the original series.

well at least you stopped talking about multipliers.

who are the people on here happy that it got a high user score?
Have you seen the original manga/anime and you thought this movie was a good translation?
If so you have shit taste. Its was another hollywood fuck up for anime

Shut up dumb Yea Forumsutist.

I bet you think the GoT Generals were paid marketing as well.

Stay safe cyberpupper

Attached: oh no.png (480x375, 83K)

GUYS it needs 2 BILLION to break even. if it doesn't get atleast as much money as Avatar this is a flop

Literally the best anime adaptation we’ve gotten since the speed racer movie

They were the last real stand moderation ever took on this site. It also completely killed GoT discussion.

God I hope so

Why is this movie so appealing to anons? I saw it and while it was a fun spectacle with a pretty good character arc and themes, it really wasn't anything too special. Was it just the way she looks? I refuse to believe that, Yea Forums doesn't like moe because the girls are cute, they love moe because it represents something they desire. What was it about Alita?

>imma pretend to be retarded that'll show em

stay safe cyberpupper

Attached: 1233280987780.jpg (834x1200, 390K)

even if its the best one yet its still shit

>he still hasn't figured out that it's a mix of cameronfag autism and literal paid shilling

Waltz is cute ! Cute !

Attached: inglorious bastards 2 axis alliance.jpg (424x610, 55K)

>since
well at least you lot stopped claiming it was the best one ever.

Will hollywood jews ever get an anime adaptation right
just because this is the closest we have got doesn't mean it counts, you easily placated niggers

It's not a good adaptation of the manga, but it's enjoyable in it's own right for what it is
Alita in the film is cuter than the manga for example

They already got it right. Speed racer. They just chose the wrong anime to get it right on.

Stay safe cyber pupper!!!

Attached: 1EE969EF-F3C7-4447-B3D9-AD6D14E8F720.jpg (2560x1809, 376K)

Wait, there's an artbook? I browsed WETA earlier and they didn't have one.

You can find it on amazon.

>it's enjoyable in it's own right for what it is
fair enough, but why did the jews need to shit on alita to do that
just make a new ip, its not like alita was well known

I hear this a lot, and i dont know much about speed racer, but that movie definitely at least doesn't look the part.

What's the explanation for them suddenly wanting her to look like a 30 year old mexican house cleaner?

The level of detail in Alita is awesome

user dumped some stuff in another thread.

jews hate white people?

They need an actress that acted young to give life to Alita, and Rosa actually has that energy.

finish rendering, cyberpupper

She's fine.

Attached: 1550617905597.jpg (1200x1800, 293K)

Thanks, I guess I'm getting it. Same author made the Fury Road book which was very nice

Attached: 1547806563531.gif (444x250, 3.04M)

literally anyone can "act young." The question is why did they want her to look 30.

how soon can I transplant my brain to a machine body?

Attached: cc1ffd485db7f42382457e3aef9c6a21.jpg (683x1024, 46K)

I remember being pissed he was making a space Smurf movie instead of Alita

Promotion for HTTYD 3 hasn't been too hot either.
Fighting with My Family might be a challenge for Ally, though.

Ha ha ha.
I did still enjoy Last Order even with the shonen fighting shit.

Attached: 1450170630725.png (890x546, 475K)

Tell them James Cameron made it, the guy who did Titanic, Avatar, and Terminator. And if they know Rodriguez, the guy who did Sin City.

It's a great book. Worth every penny.

OH NO No no.... ;_;

>And if they know Rodriguez
they'll know it's garbage

A scan of one of the posters so large I can't post it here. 4800x7600.
>nothingbutgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Alita_Rosa_Poster_rgb.jpg
Was thinking of the user that was looking for phone wallpapers.

Attached: Alita-Battle-Angel-Character-Poster-1.jpg (1068x1709, 329K)

Tech limitation most likely. Either they made her really young and the CGI would feel natural, defeating the purpose of the film. Also, it's clearly you haven't seen Rosa in an interview, she has that childish about her. Someone like Brie Larson for example could never play Alita. I would have gone with Ana de Armas, but whatever.

I'm seeing it again this weekend and I might bring along my grandma

I think is to constantly reminds us she's a cyborg and not human

Fighting with My Family is a title, user.

Agreed. Gonna see it again in an hour IMAX 3D

loved that scene, our first glimpse at panzerkunst.

That doesn't follow, as they worked really hard to make her skin look realistic, which just made her look 30. To make her look not-30 would've taken less work, not more.

Look at the nerd of /sci/

>hand cut off at the end
This disturbs my autism greatly.

Mostly waifufaggism

Why does that sword needs all these connections and circuits?

p.s. i love you

>To make her look not-30 would've taken less work, not more.
What do you base this on? I'm saying Alita looked like that because they hired Rosa. They could have hired someone younger but the acting must have weighted more at the end.

>Stay safe cyberpupper

>tfw no robo-daughter gf

Attached: 1543212155784.png (154x154, 44K)

Younger skin is less complex (scarred, aged) than older skin.

stay safe cyberpupper

>7 Captain Marvel threads up.

alita was 180million. CGI effects on that level don't come cheap.

>Ana de Armas
low energy
To be ignited with with plasma, I think.

What! Was this in the movie? I don't remember it.

oh, so that's what the cheap looking blue glow effect was supposed to be.

Well folks, we're almost there. China is getting the film tonight midnight and the weekend begins tomorrow. Let's hope they give it the same love they gave the films Venom, Ready Player One, and Bumblebee. Projections are already 55 million this weekend and could go up. China fucking loves Cameron's movies and there isn't too much competition there right now.

twitter.com/gavinfeng97/status/1098607485164929027

Attached: 1513359226276.png (482x436, 216K)

Golly i sure hope this movie does well in china so we can get more bastardized anime adaptations

Also, let's take in to account many foreign markets have not been counted yet. Look at all the 100%'s of opening weekend returns. The fight continues.

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=alita.htm

Cringe tsundere user

Captain Marvel threads up.

You gotta pump those numbers up those are rookie numbers

>bastardized anime adaptations

unlike no adapations at all.

>missed the final local showing of Alita in 3D by one day
>will never experience 3D cyborgfu

why didn't you shill this movie at me earlier, Yea Forums

Attached: 1487870971896.png (1092x1037, 695K)

Is getting shit on better or worse than not getting shit on?

it's been shilled for the past week you fucking imbecile

*month

I seem to recall them bringing Avatar back to theaters after the normies heard it was a pop sensation, so I guess that's your only hope.

I've just convinced a number of my family members to go see it and I'm going to see it again. Let's get the final number in America to a good 110 million, guys.

Attached: 1546720531848.gif (500x500, 44K)

I saw the 3d on IMAX, idk why people like 3d that much

true, but I also feel like very little of Last Order actually lives up to the original run even before that.

At least it seemed like that artists/writers were having fun with their like 300 chapter long marital arts tournament plot detour.

Also
they never bother to recover Lou's cyberbrain chip thing, only her real organic brain, so the instance of her character who actually ever knew Alita and ever even appeared in the series at all is still fucking DEAAAAAD

am I happy with pg13 hollywood adaptations? no, not entirely.
still, ghost in the shell and alita where good theater going expierences and probably introduced lots of new people to anime and manga.

you didn't miss anything

>will never experience 3D cyborgfu
It's not the same experience but decent 3D TVs are cheap as fuck by now.

fitness tracking

the current US number is 47. Not sure why you think that'll more than double.

supporting shit just causes them to think you like being shit on. You aren't going to suddenly get not-shit from throwing your money at shit.

It won't happen in one weekend, it happens slowly over time. A lot of films start out with a 40 million opening then finish over 100 million.

I get this Yea Forums wants this to be good since Alita is cute and Cameron is attached, but if you've seen this you know it's nothing more than Ready Player One 2 and basically a capeshit movie. It has no heart, no characters, and is made up of clichés. Why are you guys clinging to it so desperately?

Alita was great. GitS was underwhelming and I hate Johansson, which is why I only seen it after its theatrical run. Didn't regret skipping.

Ready Player One is a good case study for this. It had a 55 million 5 day weekend and then finished at 137 million. Released at a similar time and targeted a similar demographic. If you take into account the percentage difference between the two films, Alita should end up around 110 million.

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=readyplayerone.htm

I'm glad this anime capeshit flopped.
The rise of Generals like this on Yea Forums just shows how strong the reddit invasion is.
You newfags should all fucking leave and kill yourselves.

autism and paid shilling.

Lole should have heeded the warnings earlier. Speaking of, the theater at my mall, the one I saw the movie first in has Atmos but no 3D. However, there's another one nearby that also has Atmos but Atmost 3D specifically. Hmmm. Well I know where I'm going tomorrow. And it's pretty much right after I get off work too.

You're unironically a dumb person.

Mouseshils get out.

>Alita was great.
Either you're lying or you have awful taste.

I just saw it. It was a fun movie solid 8/10, acting was weak in a few places but the action held it up.

Pretty sure there was thermo-nuclear heart in there somewhere, that's gotta count for something.

Fuck off.

second

Why don't you? The shilling is obvious and obviously isn't working to artificially generate word of mouth.

stay safe cyberpupper

Are there any high rez images of Chrien in the bedroom scene wearing lingerie? A webm would be even better. Asking for my dad.

Attached: jennifer-connelly-chiren-alita.jpg (464x415, 35K)

Tell us what you like.
>t. schizo

Yeah, this was such a deep film, right?
I especially enjoyed the superficial love story, and the fact that the robot was more human than the humans because she saved a dog. Really made me think.

>general for a flop that wont even get a sequel

Ironically China is the only place where they include the original title (銃夢) in the poster

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 4.50.40 PM.png (755x584, 1.01M)

>Tell me what you like so I can say it's shit hahaha
Fuck off. You tell me why this is good.
GitS was a piece of shit but at least it had pretty things to look at. This thing has absolutely nothing going for it apart from Alita being cute.

Stay safe cyberpupper

This. I literally got a boner at that scene.

>superficial love story
It was essential to her character development, the whole point was that it was superficial since Alita was naive and couldn't comprehend world beyond black and white

Attached: 47191407_1133132136854790_7477410098080382976_n.jpg (358x335, 13K)

You sound insecure.

NO regard for safety.

NO reservations

Woah, that sounds like the perfect excuse to not hire a decent writer.

If you don't understand the least thing about writing, why don't you just refrain from judging writers?

Attached: 4093deba94942d8a3ec96b643804c0ad.jpg (800x1155, 205K)

you're complaining about teenage love being superficial. What the fuck do you want nigger? I know you missed yours but that's precisely what it is

That's true for the manga. It was not true for the movie. As hugo was originally written as a subversion of the "big dreaming thief with a heart of gold" thing. Then the movie makes him exactly what he was a response to. So his entire arc is entirely pointless and serves only to cement the idea of a completely black and white reality.

This drawing is actually kinda incredible desu

Why does she have a tail

Just checking Japanese twitter for Alita since its 9am over there and the first showtimes just opened for it... oh no no no no no

Also the Japanese alita hastag gets it's own special emoji

Attached: 20190221_180748.jpg (1080x1971, 795K)

He thinks a movie based on a backward comic book is serious screenwriting.

the point is it was not superficial in the movie. They both deeply loved each other and his death was supposed to come off as a tragedy for both. In the manga the love was entirely one way, entirely superficial, and hugo didn't give a single shit about alita.

I want to, but I want to see the movie with fresh eyes. Hopefully I can see it this weekend, otherwise I'll just say fuck it and dive in.

bug caused by nova hacking her brain chip.

stay safe cyberpupper

Attached: 98as7df621.jpg (240x200, 7K)

>$700 mi in China and Japan alone

Attached: 1550708985494.jpg (236x205, 6K)

Idk about culture in Japan, but here no one goes to the movies at 9am. Maybe it's a good sign?

Lurk more.

>people keep responding to the "pupper" image
>post count isn't increasing

yo shills, people can tell it's just you people responding to your post.

>no much competition
Last week they literally have the biggest opening ever, $600M in a weekend for the Wandering Earth

>didn't give a single shit about alita.
Not true. He was more focused on fulfilling his dream but he cared and realized it too late.

>Wandering Earth
Looks like the Asian version of Interstellar.

What kind of people go to movies at 9 am on work days? Hardcore fans? I don't think any theaters in my country even have screenings this early. It's waste of money since almonst no one is going to show up for these.

>falls over when she tries to walk for the first time

CUTE CUTE CUTE

It's more like an Asian version of Armageddon.

That's what happened in the movie. Not the manga or OVA. In the manga and OVA he's perfectly happy dying if he can't have salem.

It took people more than one viewing to get all that?

>t. hasn't read the manga

>9am
>on a work day
>in japan
I wonder why they're not all at the cinema...

Because its cute

here's the local imax3d showing.

Attached: started 15 minutes ago.png (603x667, 23K)

That's the biggest issue this movie has - the breakneck pacing coupled with the visuals and action. There's hardly any "breathing room" between beats for a person to process what they just saw, especially on first viewing. And if you're already in the skeptical mindset you're going to miss more too. Subsequent viewings help to see the subtleties in the dialogue, plot and overall design you may have missed the first time.

Attached: 20190221_022226.jpg (1080x405, 153K)

I see you have exhausted your capacity to argue your position, and are now simply lying.

Yukito's drawing powerlevel is immense, but now he draws everything with minimal effort just so the other mangaka don't feel bad about being talentless hacks. Truly a saint.

One thing I did miss was why zapan suddenly had a murderboner for hugo.

>Last week they literally have the biggest opening ever
>$600M in a weekend for the Wandering Earth
Neither of these are true, but you are right about Alita having tough competition there.

Attached: 1441020477753.jpg (500x375, 39K)

he's always been a pretty big hack, he was just an interesting hack for a while. His style was always reflective of what was trending. Now what's popular are moeblobs. So he draws moeblobs.

Retard.

Post the original.

Specifically to hurt Alita

He's a narcissist and she humiliated him.

Yea, that didn't really come across. You basically forget he exists after the barfight and suddenly he's back and angry and willing to murder others to murder hugo.

When were octopus lips popular?

>implying you are paying attention to ip count
stop lying mcu shill

They don't even pop up till the third volume and they aren't a character trait till figure makes fun of them.

Baka Yea Forumsutist

>ready player one 2
WHAT.THE.FUCK.

Attached: 1446298491875.gif (240x176, 912K)

Personal kink.

It was pretty obvious. He was characterized as a narcissist early on (behavior and even comments by other characters).

He was clearly pissed as fuck and humiliated after the whole "bitch broke my nose" incident, they gave his character just enough screen time to make it obvious that he was coming back at some point. The bar scene also hinted at Alita wanting his sword.

Never would have thought that the perfecr waifu will be created by Cameron. What the hell is going on?

>It was pretty obvious.
No, it really wasn't. As when he comes back the impression is definitely that something was missed.

There's a scene where he and a lackey are looking at Alita and Hugo doing stuff and the lackey is all "you gunna kill her boss?" and he's all "nah, I'm going to do something much worse than kill her"

When he goes after Hugo he openly taunts him about Alita, it's openly all about her.

And shilled by Hideo Kojima.

No, it really didn't. he says "bitch broke my nose" the way someone would comment on a stubbed toe.

You forget the James Cameron literally has George Lucas levels of personal wealth and could easily end up dropping $50-100 million out of his own pocket just to satisfy his autism and complete his waifu's on-screen story.

It would be nice if he didn't. This was a total bastardization that could only come from either a massive unjustified ego or incompetence.

You see it in the time lapse at the end of the film

>Ready Player One 2
>not Ready Player Two
You're dumb as a brick, user.
Wubba lubba flan dubs.

Attached: tumblr_pcjzlbloAs1ukda9oo1_400.png (400x296, 42K)

Kill yourself.

delet this

No one in Japan comes close to his level of mechanical detail, specifically when something is being torn apart.

It was very good, actually.

But that's completely wrong?

Who the fuck would pay to sit there ?

Attached: 1550794848683.jpg (603x667, 109K)

which hasn't been on display for a decade or so. the last really good scene on that was yoko vs the hallway

UK?

People can tell you're shills.

Someone who wants to discreetly wank off to the movie.

I can't even understand sitting in any of these first couple of rows anywhere except dead centre

nope

You're still here? Why waste so much energy on something you hate?

People can tell you're a schizo

it sounds like (you) have a massive unjustified ego
Cameron's ego is not nearly as big as people think it is though, even though he has every right to have a big one with the accomplishments he has to his name.
He says he know he isn't the most brilliant filmmaker, he sees himself as a grinder

I just saw it for the third time today on IMAX 3D as well, catching the matinee show alone well my wife was at work and contractors were working on the house. At least they were 15 or so other people in the theater.

here's to hoping it's snowballs on word of mouth after new normie blood sees it this weekend

if you suck his dick any harder its going to fall off

But feel free to try to argue how any of the changes made to the material for the movie strengthens or deepens the material.

>twitter.com/salazar2049/status/1098622315758260226

Because it offers a movie where your perception of yourself becomes reality. Something white CIS males and New York Times columnists don't always understand.

Take this example of breast-shaming and not understanting why minorities love Alita.

nytimes.com/2019/02/12/movies/alita-battle-angel-review.html

This is generally a huge problem with people on this website.

OH NO NO NO NO

so is this a good sign? I suppose we have to wait for a couple hours til the first solid reviews come in

Attached: 20190221_183858.jpg (1080x1157, 212K)

The Movie was good and literary all people that read the manga before loved it. You're either trolling or just an idiot.

no one gives a shit what crusty Yea Forums /oldfag/s stuck in the 1990s think

>yfw this is the last weekend before this pile of crap is forgotten forever

Yes, just look at all the people on Yea Forums raving about alita

oh wait

i dont get why "professional" reviews are low, i fucking loved the movie.
Glad at least its getting some word of mouth traction.

>over $1 bi in China and Japan alone

Attached: 1542487792262.jpg (250x250, 8K)

Everything is riding on Asia now. If they like it, we got a hit and a probable sequel. If not, this is it.

Because the characterization, writing, pacing, plotting, and acting are weak across the board. If you actually watch movies then visual stop impressing you after a while.

It's fun to meme Cameron as a crazy egomanical billionaire. The way he describes Avatar and Alita as creating life and how he went into the Mariana Trench after exploring the real Titanic.

Word of mouth is more effective than reviews, 100% of the time.

>repeating the same line over and over in every thread
>calling other people shills

Attached: 1550263831396.jpg (1134x1510, 307K)

Google '3DPD'.
This is the problem with Yea Forums.

time to celebrate

Attached: 9f773d44f4.gif (540x360, 661K)

Half of the reviews are just bitching that it isn't some completely different movie that the critic wanted to see.

That guy seems like he's one of those fags who think the only valid way to adapt a manga is to transfer the panels 1:1 on the screen. Sane people realize that when you try to squeeze something this big into 120 minutes you have to cut a few corners.

This place always had this problem. You try devaluing others to increase the perception of your own worth. Works on here but not out there. Don't get used to it.

Kek just took my dad for the meme and he loved it. Do all dads secretly wish they had daughters?

Sequels are already planed no matter what.

>if you suck his dick any harder its going to fall off
why do people get so butthurt about successful people?
>But feel free to try to argue how any of the changes made to the material for the movie strengthens or deepens the material.
that's not necessarily the goal of an adaption though, the main goal is to adapt it for the bring screen
Cameron's main strength is to bring spectacle, and on that it delivers
also the author said the movie captured the essence of the manga, that's good enough for me
If you think that's only PR well I'm sorry but your pure Japanese manga was made by weak ass sellout

I M A G I N E

Attached: 1548512144254.jpg (269x357, 83K)

i am ususally on the same page as reviewers but the action and visuals to me really got me.
I just write professional reviews off this time as a "speedracer" type of miss, loved that movie too.

>Half of the reviews are just bitching that it isn't some completely different movie
Because you can tell there's a better movie buried underneath all the hubris.

NEW
NEW
NEW

>110293448
>110293448
>110293448

NEW
NEW
NEW

>repeating the same line over and over in every thread

I'm definitely doing that because I'm a handsomely paid Fox operative, and definitely not because because it baits out the (You)s every time. No sir.

HIT OR MISS

Attached: alita.jpg (720x643, 26K)

Oh look, its this desperate line of debate again.

The issue with adapting something in such a way as all unique aspects are removed begs the question why would you bother

Kenshiro being a hack doesn't really change anything and its just nice that he got a few bucks. He's still a hack who, at one time, was an interesting hack.

You fucking moron

Just yours, you disappointment

NEW
NEW
NEW

NEW
NEW
NEW

>Yikes

Battle Angel is very niche even for Yea Forums people. Made me look. They all like it over there.

Why would you bother lying on the internet in such a transparent fashion?

>Do all dads secretly wish they had daughters?

My wife once got really mad at me because she thought I was nicer to our niece than to our son.

So yeah. For sure.

"Planned" does not equal funded and greenlit.

True but Jim is rich as fuck and obsessed with the little cyborg brat, so it would be enough for this to do okay for him to push a second one.