This is the best Star Wars movie to come out in the 2000s'. Prove me fucking wrong, bitch boys

This is the best Star Wars movie to come out in the 2000s'. Prove me fucking wrong, bitch boys.

Attached: solo-a-star-wars-story-emilia-clarke-solo-a-star-wars-story-emilia-clarke-qira-darth-maul-ray-park.j (618x412, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt4633694/awards
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All Star Wars movies are shit and you are a manchild

Revenge of the Sith came out in '05.

This doesn't prove me wrong.

That was the best 2000s' Lucas but it was still shit overall and had all the laughably embarrassing hallmarks of his decline of quality writing/directing

It's the worst one, actually

I agree. Because Star shit is for manchildren. This at least was an okay standalone rogue love story.

Too much pandering and oh snap lines though

Peak reddit

Dragon Queen actually looked attractive in this. great CGI work.

ROTJ?? Are you illiterate?

It's 5 > 4 > 3 > 6 > 3 > R1 > 7 > Solo > 2 > 1 > 8

What was the point of the dice?
I initially thought they were cheap merchandise but they aren't licensed and any fag store can sell lookalikes so I guess they have some meaning after all?
Don't give me the crappy "official" interpretation.

Attached: 710x528_22710070_12181320_1549560888.jpg (710x528, 81K)

Why does that picture look so shit

It was easily overlooked because Ron Howard invested a lot of heart and adventure into the film. Its charms massively overwhelmed its flaws and the casting was so excellent.

Holy fuck another retard who can't read the OP, News at 7

...they're for luck. What do you mean? I don't think Howard was concerned with deeper meanings, it's just a crime thriller adventure film with little frills, if any.

Official Yea Forums Star Wars Rankings:

Episode V
Episode IV
Episode VI
>POWER GAP
Episode III
RO
>POWER GAP
Episode VII
Episode I
>POWER GAP
Episode VIII
Solo
Episode II

You can't argue with the above.

Placing Rogue One anywhere above rock bottom is embarrassing. Even AOC is more entertaining than that ponderous mess.

All the films I mentioned were released in the 2000s you complete fucking retard

RO is actually a fantastic movie. Act 3 is literally god tier for a star wars film.

Why is reddit so selfcensoring? Why does everything have to be approved taste for you?
The original ones are just regular fantasy escapism. I prefer Sheev's story or the standalone films.
Also Kylo is a cool character

>Kylo is a cool character

zoomer detected.

Maybe... maybe. But just Act 3? I personally found the movie to be as pointless and suspenseless as Bird Box. Why tell a story we already know the outcome of, one that doesn't need to be told to enrich our understanding? It was a cash grab. The same could be said for Solo, but at least it was fun.

why do all Nu-Wars movies have to star wh*te bong females?

>Episodes 4-6
>Released in the 2000s
>????
>Win argument?

pretty cool, but rogue one's a little better

You're literally unable of critical thinking
Please take some time off of the internet

How? Boring performances, questionable casting, terrible script, pointless characters (most of which with no charm, excepting maybe Whitaker's character who literally decides to die for no reason) and a pointless plot (who cares about seeing the plans get taken, we know they won, the story doesn't matter and was previously a small and minimalized portion of the lore.) The film had a devastating ending but in light of the slog I had to get through to reach it it felt exploitative.

It's the worst one to come out of the 2000s
Kys for having such abominable taste in movies

How is this hard for you to understand?
Do you need a doctor?
They're all 2000s films stop fucking posting.

The third act is poorly directed and edited reshot trash and you have shit taste it's the worst star wars movie along with solo

Why do you think I post here? It's because it's hilarious to see how the disaffected users here have decided what's "best" Star Wars, hilariously defending Episodes 1-3 like they aren'the universally recognized as razzie af

>Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Huehue

>Star Wars (later retitled Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope) is a 2000 American epic space opera film written and directed by George Lucas. It is the first film in the original Star Wars trilogy and the beginning of the Star Wars franchise. Starring Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Peter Cushing, Alec Guinness, David Prowse, James Earl Jones, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, and Peter Mayhew, the film focuses on the Rebel Alliance, led by Princess Leia (Fisher), and its attempt to destroy the Galactic Empire's space station, the Death Star.
Now fuck off

>razzie af
Mel Gibson and Tom Cruise won razzies last year. Congrats on literally being the most naive dumb fucking cuck there is. No matter how shitty the prequels are (and ep III isn't at all) they are all a million times better than Solo which was embarrassing. You fucking emilia clarke waifufag

Lmao I knew you were gonna say that and it just makes you look more retarded than before. Who's baiting who?

What was your plan, with the Mel Gibson/Tom Cruise thing? Are you some kind of idiot savant that I can't follow a fucking single point you try to make?

Samefag

The point is that the razzies are meme awards who nominate good actors who gave good performances half the time just so they can get some attention

Award shows don't matter, none of them.
Why are you so retarded you dont understand the third act of solo was complete shit that had manlet solo sucking his thumb while STRONK khaleesi delivers some shit tier dialogue and kills the bad guy who is two feet taller than her

You are just ignorant of cinema. Revenge of the Sith is one of the greatest movies of all time. You have lived in irony too long to see clearly anymore.

There's no point calling same fag unless you're trying to prove that I want to appear to be several people at once. I'm not trying that. Your ability to pick out one out of two people defending the OP claim is remarkably deductive though, I should pray to the Reddit Gods for your scintillating intellect.

AII me

Kek this is like saying The Avengers is one of the best movies ever.

Not them, ROTS isn't one of the best movies ever but as a blockbuster it's unironically better than every single marvel movie combined.

Liking Episodes 1-3 is remarkably hipster, so your comment is ironic in itself

>2000s
You mean the 3rd millennium?
The 2000s was the years 2000-2009

Fuck no. Rogue One is vidya tier. That last act was the worst part of an already dogshit movie.

>good actors
>names a Scientologist who always plays himself with very few notable exceptions (Tropic Thunder is all that really comes to mind) and who egotistically buys his way into stunt scenes and another actor who has done nothing notable in over a decade and who is an embarrassment to himself and everyone and literally who at this point

I'm detecting a theme in the "taste" of this board

>my life's goal is to find girlfriend that I haven't seen for years and to live a good life with her
>when I finally find her I do nothing to try and take her away from a crime boss
>I actually immediately join some nonsense scheme and barely talk to her even though we actually get on my ship without guards and can go anywhere in a galaxy with a million inhabited worlds at any time

If you can refer to entire decades by the place values "00" like "1800s" "1900s" and so on then I don't see how this century is any exception, also why waste your time making this "correction?"

centuries* not decades

Did you even watch the film? The third act had a number of twists and turns and the only reason Solo is a "manlet" is due to his naivete and his inability early on to make his rogue swagger actually work in his favor. Khaleesi beat Scarface because she was his weakness, he trusted her and that's how she got the jump on him.

The only recent SW movie I actually want to see a sequel to.

This, wtf OP

>Kim Basinger, Mel Gibson and Tom Cruise all nomed for razzies last year
>you a brainlet thinks razzies matter

The movie wa

OP Ranking:

Solo>TFA>ROTS>TLJ>TPM>AOC>RO

Speaking solely in terms of filmmaking talent, too, no sentimentality involved because I honestly hate what the franchise has become.

Suck my dick, all of yous

I unironically enjoyed this movie. Although I did went in with bottom-of-the-barrel expectations, so I was pleasently surprised.

>Who who and Cruise

My favorite game with you

>kim basinger and mel gibson are whos
Really makes you think
You're a fucking idiot

No u

They are completely irrelevant. I don't give a shit about Razzies, I brought that up to use shorthand to refer to how hated Episodes I-III are and you went off on this tangent like the sperglord you are. Remember to breathe through your nose when your caretaker force feeds you his cock.

You talked about the razzies first like an entry level pleb who thinks they even matter at all like the oscars.

Episode I II and III are millions of times better than Rogue One The Force Awakens and Solo.

Only TLJ was good from disney

>entry level pleb
>>when the boy follows Yea Forums hierarchies

Get your own taste, you absolute nigger

Solo came out in 2018, nigger.

No point being this obtuse anyways. You know damn well what was meant.

Except it literally changes the entire meaning of the comparison. Only the prequels were in the 2000s, so only they can be compared when asking for the best SW movie of the 2000s. So are we comparing 2000s SW movies to each other or 2010s SW movies to each other or are we comparing 2000s to 2010s SW movies. Words have meaning, now delete your thread, nigger.

Attached: abb9edd.jpg (1242x1232, 135K)

Yeah it does lol

I don't like 1-3. 1 could have been solid, but Jar Jar was awful and they made Annakin too young. Attack of the Clones is too terribly written to even be salvageable, and the CGI is beyond saving. Revenge of the Sith, however, is the only Star Wars movie which actually builds on the genius of the original which was the pinnacle of Modernist cinema. A distillation of Jungian/Campbellesque story rendered in an unintelligible, abstract setting, perfectly demonstrating the power of the character relationships without (like THX) being inaccessible. The real triumph of the first Star Wars was its success, which has somehow completely obscured its experimental breakthrough. So, acknowledging this, we come Revenge of the Sith. With it's perfectly alien environment, it is able to strip the end of democracy in the Roman Republic of all its historicity, making it for the first time accessible as a personal and emotionally meaningful event. It is only more incredible as a movie in the way it is able to revitalize classic cinematography, delivering with every advancement of technology the "pure cinema" and spectacle last seen in the Biblical epics, (which of course reinforces perfectly through harmony the abstracted death of democracy).

>This at least was an okay standalone rogue love story
Are the Star Wars prequels the only movies you've ever watched in your entire life? Solo was terrible.

How awful can your taste be that you judge the quality of a movie by its box office and not its actual artistic content?

>Just regular fantasy escapism
You can maybe say this about Empire, and definitely about Return of the Jedi, but A New Hope is best understood as an experimental film.

Episode V
Episode IV
Episode VI
>POWER GAP
Episode I
Episode III
Episode II
>POWER GAP
Episode VII
RO
>POWER GAP
Episode VIII
Solo

Sorry, Rogue One's few redeeming qualities and appearance of taking the lore seriously doesn't make it a good movie. It's still shit.

It's fucking terrible, it's so fucking bad, people just say it's alright, out of respect for that ginger cunt. Everything in that film is fucking awful, especially that dumb smug cunt in your picture, who acts retarded in every scene and doesn't belong in a Star Wars film, she looks like somehow who'd belong in a period drama from the 60s or some shit.

Rogue One > my shit > your shit > Solo piece of shit flick.

The definitive Pleb opinion. You can only believe Empire to be better than VII and VIII if are giving in to extreme cognitive dissonance. The only reason Empire seems stronger is because IV is such a profoundly good movie. The brilliance of IV makes you like the characters; because you like the characters, you are invested in the TV plot of V. VII and VIII, though, never develop their characters, and instead rely on the love of the props and setting. Structurally V, VII, and VIII are operating on the same level of cinema.

It feels like Solo is getting a lot of weird sympathy support. Support for Ron Howard. Support from people who have gotten way too hung up on Mary Sue protagonists. "At least it's not The Last Jedi." Support from people who want to see more of this type of side story.

But ultimately none of that redeems Solo. The movie is still terrible.

>the two directors originally in charge of this movie were fired by Kathleen Kennedy
>they went on to do Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse
>pic related
>imdb.com/title/tt4633694/awards
How has she not been fired?

Attached: 1550639035186.jpg (742x631, 104K)

> mfw a pair of gold dice I have never noticed before have gotten more respectful screen time than both Han and Luke

Attached: 1547209582643.gif (540x225, 2.98M)

The entire movie is dark and poorly lit. It's seriously bad. Like literally amateur hour.

It's a pleb series. Any other ranking is mere contrarianism.
>The only reason Empire seems stronger is because IV is such a profoundly good movie.
Sure, whatever. IV=V. Happy now? Both are good. V gives us Yoda, Vader and Luke's lightsaber fight, Han and Leia's romance, and the Battle of Hoth.
>Structurally V, VII, and VIII are operating on the same level of cinema.
You clearly have no fucking idea what you are talking about. Structurally, VII and VIII are gigantic fucking mess. V has very clear and character-driven structure. VII has a fake structure that fools only the most plebeian of plebs and VIII has 4 fucking side plots and the movie doesn't even fucking know what it's actually trying to accomplish with any of them.

>POWER GAP
>POWER GAP
>POWER GAP
>POWER GAP
>POWER GAP
>POWER GAP

I sincerely hope you both get eaten alive by maggots.

Attached: 1841840184972.jpg (559x413, 31K)

This scene looks like it was obviously filmed to be shot with a completely different color scheme and was probably done by Lord&Miller.

Attached: solo-proxima.jpg (1920x772, 165K)

>obviously filmed to be shot with a completely different color scheme
*shot with a more vibrant color scheme in mind.

It's not a pleb series. IV was a groundbreaking experimental film and a work of pure cinematic genius. III built on the artistic groundwork of IV to deliver one of the most powerful and poignant works of art of the last century, but is technically less innovative. The rest are varying levels of popcorn-core which exist primarily to rake in money from people who have no understanding of why they like what they like.

No major produces actually care how good the movies are. They only care if the movies make money. Star Wars at this point is a merchandise and licensing company. She will not be fired unless she somehow manages to kill the very idea of Star Wars.

>Lord & Miller make the Lego movie
>universal praise and acclaim
>make Solo
>Kennedy fires them in the middle of production after she sees the footage after Eihenreich complained (meaning she either wasn't doing her job of watching the dailies, or only fired them cause the actor was upset)
>film is somehow still the least hated film of disneywars despite them literally sending it out to die
>L&M's next film is a critical and commercial hit on every front
Just this story by itself really adds fuel to the rumour that the only reason she hasn't been fired is because no one wants her job. All the other stories of her dealings with the franchise make it hard to believe anything else could possibly be the case

The current theory is Disney wants to give the illusion everything is running smooth to keep their stocks up till June when they close the deal with Fox. After that Disney can shake up everything at Lucasfilm without a panic. Personally I think she will never loose her job because she's the Cunt up Front.
Star Wars will be endless movies of brown haired English girls saving the galaxy while the white men flail about helplessly and the black guys fawn over the English girls. And every movie that comes out will be worse than the next while more & more of the budget will go to social media bot accounts designed to shame the fans into watching their shit or be labeled incels. And not one corporation in existence will point out this failing business model because the Council of Diversity and Inclusion (brown cubicle spinsters within their very companies paid not to work) will sue them for harassment.

Attached: 1546979238524.jpg (4160x3120, 3.09M)

No one collects action figures anymore. What were they even thinking?

>Personally I think she will never loose her job because she's the Cunt up Front.
I refuse to believe that Iger got where he is by not clamping down on things like this. It's not possible. The man cannot be that stupid.

>TFA article in Empire magazine and the writer says how they even brought back the dice in the Falcon
>mfw

Attached: 1549820312104.gif (500x482, 3.23M)

You stupid prick

Attached: Matinee.jpg (586x781, 613K)

>III built on the artistic groundwork of IV to deliver one of the most powerful and poignant works of art of the last century
who can forget the powerful scene of Obi-Wan's ship being covered with Buzz droids? Or the sublime humor of Obi-Wan giving away R2's location in the hangar by shouting into the commlink and R2 defeating the battle droids with a hilarious oil slick.
Who can forget the shocking scene where Anakin beheads a character we never learned anything about despite being teased heavily in the previous movie? Or the powerful moment when Palpatine tricks Anakin into becoming Darth Vader by promising to give him the power to "stop people from dying." How about the dramatic moment where old man Palpatine pulls out a lightsaber and screeches like an autist and stealing Anaking cool trick of spinning? Or the poignant moment where James Earl Jones asks about "Padme" and then shouts "NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

Revenge of the Sith is a mess. It could have been good. It was almost good. It was certainly daring. John Williams is a genius and the final act of the movie has some great moments. But it's not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination.