Random unintelligible bounty hunter guy has 20 seconds of screen time

>random unintelligible bounty hunter guy has 20 seconds of screen time
>becomes legendary character
explain to me why Boba Fett is popular and has any kind of significance

Attached: boba-fett-star-wars-empire-strikes-back.jpg (825x464, 67K)

he looked cool and had a cool name

bad ass design and an empty backstory meaning everybody could make up their own fantasies.

>And NO disintergrations

He's one of like 10 Bounty Hunters that Vader himself thinks of to hire to find the Falcon, he gets called out directly out of those 10 not to disintergrate anybody, and out of the 10 he predicts the sneaky plan of hiding on the back of the ship, and his Slave 1 ship exits with the trash the Falcon was waiting for. Then out of all the bounty Hunters he is the successful one that find Han, Leia and the Falcon and leads Vader to them. He's the only character Vader seems to not view as some lowly minion, but as someone to be rewarded. He's also independent of the empire but chooses to work with them.

Nice explanation.
Thanks bro.

He "died" like a bitch, though.

he cute

Attached: pepeblush.jpg (900x900, 64K)

All of this, plus a distinctive visual design.
Vader also honors his deal with Fett to hand over Han. (While continually jerking around Lando)

even if taungs were a predator copy I liked them goddamit

>only man ever to escape the sarlacc alive
>a bitch

He tried to kill Anakin once

Iconic design by Joe Johnston. Cool (original) voice.

Lucas was actually going to film him climbing out, but thought it would imply Fett was going to come back later in the film so choose to delete the scene. It's still canon though. Fett lets of a thermal detonator inside the Sarlacc killing it, then climbs out.

Now there is a sequel premise
>30 years later
>Empire destroyed leaving chaos in its wake
>former rebels are slowly rebuilding some semblance of civilization but there is an ever-present seedy underbelly and clashes between various factions vying for power
>30 years later Boba Fett is back for revenge against an unsuspecting Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Leia Organa
>greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy gunning for the Last Jedi
instead we got flying Fisher and MaRey Sue

no disintegrations

Vader only did that because he felt bad about his own mentor killing fetts dad.

i wonder if him and vader switched helmets once for a laugh haha

Nostalgia
RLM

The Lucas EU he already comes back. There are tons of games and books where Fett is there. I mean his cool look and the little plot he gets in ESB and ROTJ can't sustain a fanbase for 2 decades.

That was an after the fact addition. And Windu was not Anakins mentor, Windu was his bully basically. Windu disliked Anakin and Anakin disliked him. So maybe he wanted to repay Fett for some of the bullshit done to him by the Jedi. But at the time of ESB none of this was known or canon.

Attached: Boba-daha-iyi.png (1650x1050, 2.01M)

He's the only consistently competent man in the original trilogy. Doesn't have any magic powers yet cucks all the heroes in one swoop.
The helmet is one of the best set pieces of Star Wars too. A cool retro-futurist interpretation of an Hellenic helmet.

ancient nerds force memeing him like

>for me its bobba fett

>He's the only consistently competent man in the original trilogy.
>jumps into melee range to fight a jedi
>defeated by a blind man

This is also a good point, for EB as least. Stormtroopers couldn't the broadside of a bran, yet Fett shows his competence and intelligence by outsmarting Han and the rest of the main cast. He's literally right under Vader in terms of getting shit ton and being threatening, yet he doesn't have force powers either so it makes him that much cooler.

Honestly making the Clones a bunch of Fett clones was a really good move on Lucas's part.

Attached: JK-Boba-Fett-e1405890424628.jpg (620x350, 72K)

And then Lucas killed him like a schmuck because he was too up his own ass by ROTJ to realize people might like this Bounty Hunter that managed to outmaneuver Han.

Yes he got nerfed a bit in ROTJ which sucked. But at least Lucas didn't intend for him to die there.

Attached: fett in dark forces sprites.png (585x171, 25K)

Do you have a script excerpt of Boba getting out of the Sarlaac Pit in ROTJ? I always thought he just was too oblivious to his popularity.

>only man ever to escape the sarlacc alive

Nothing actually states he survived though. Literally only his armor was confirmed to make it out after Jawas exhumed and dissected the Sarlacc.

In all likelihood, Boba suffocated to death with everyone else after Jabba's sail barge killed the Sarlacc.

There's a lot of reasons why
>bounty hunter
>Vader says to him "no disintegrations"
>smarter than the Empire and every other bounty hunter there
>fucking awesome armor that looks like he's been through hell and back
>after Vader puts Han in carbonite, Fett says "what if he dies, he's worth a lot to me!" to Vader. Instead of just force choking him Vader assures him that he will be compensated
So much badassery in so little screen time.

This. Dude was efficient and professional. The kind of villain people love.

I think it goes back to the toy merchandising. Originally the Boba Fett action figure wasn't available in stores, you had to mail order it with Kenner proof of purchases. His toy was rare, and therefore cool and impressive to other kids. I remember waiting for weeks for my Boba Fett to arrive, and when it did I thought he was the greatest action figure ever aside from Darth Vader

I don't have a script but I recall Lucas saying it in an interview. Watch the special features on the DVD and Bluray versions.

It's not up for debate mate, he canonically survived according to George himself. There are books and games set after ROTJ featuring Boba Fett alive.

I'll check those out, thanks.

Jango >>>> Boba

Attached: 1kt5lvh7kni11.png (2720x1170, 266K)

>hurhurur he survived but you have to read through 8 books, 3 novels and Harrison Ford's personal biography audiobook to make sense of it xD XDDD
Back to Wookiepedia with you

This was kinda based post.

>I'll strawman him, that'll work!

Nah. It's really simple, you don't need any backstory to understand it at all. He just basically used a grenade and climbed out. You don't need to read any books or anything to understand it. It's literally an unused scene from ROTJ that didn't get filmed. George IIRC stated that he regrets not having him climb out now. The scene with Fett climbing out of the Sarlaac was only cut for pacing reasons and cause Lucas thought it would imply Fett was going to turn up in Endor and he didn't want audiences waiting for that and being disappointed.