/ABAG/ - Alita: Battle Angel General - #17 - Alita A Cute Edition

This is thread for general discussion of Alita: Battle Angel.
Post and discuss your thoughts on the movie, pics/gifs/webms related and relevant info/rumours/news.

Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=w7pYhpJaJW8

Rotten Tomatoes - Critics 59% Audience 94%
rottentomatoes.com/m/alita_battle_angel
IMDB - 7.6/10
imdb.com/title/tt0437086/

Production Cost and Box Office Sales Numbers
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=alita.htm

Conversation Starters:
>Have you seen it?
>What did you think?
>Who is planning to see it?
>What do you expect?
>Who won't be seeing it?
>Why not?

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1550646997185.jpg (1112x1060, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6ySZt5TFo9E
youtube.com/watch?v=_VnfOLDB9kk
youtube.com/watch?v=tofSaLB9kwE&t=2353s
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/110207395/#110209644
twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=alita dad&src=typd
youtube.com/watch?v=7AtgSiMH9GI
twitter.com/search?q=alita kino&src=typd
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunnm:_Martian_Memory
youtu.be/qob8VGB6mo0
youtube.com/watch?v=mHzfhU8t5i8
youtube.com/watch?v=USKzAj1dOq4
gigazine.net/news/20190221-alita-battle-angel-yukito-kishiro-interview/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Alita is cute! CUTE!

Attached: Death+and+toilets+from+battle+angel+alita+last+ordercheck+it_934fc8_4572892.jpg (335x1000, 91K)

Movie flopped and is never getting a sequel lmfao

LEWD

GTFO Brie Larson, what are you even doing here?

Based chinese vampire lady.

how long is this new meme gonna last?

I really, really want a sequel for this. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Planning on seeing it again this weekend.

>movie pushes leftists ideals
>leftists make a general for them just like the other pieces of media do
amazing

Attached: 1550691077195.jpg (640x276, 99K)

This scene had better be included in the sequel

Just as long as the "Emma Watson is the queen of Yea Forums"-Meme... how long was that?

why are you in here?

till the end of time

Brie got exposed. The digits have spoken.

The checks will stop coming monday or tuesday.

Attached: 1550705987954.jpg (592x426, 83K)

Will disney is paying for this and they only stopped reylo happening when everyone figured out what was happening
very soon

>$700 digits in China ALONE

Attached: 1537461865620.jpg (680x591, 34K)

youtube.com/watch?v=6ySZt5TFo9E

Until it makes 500m

Attached: 1550594115890.jpg (2115x1944, 1.3M)

You truly love Alita to be this dedicated user., such a cute tsundere.

>Del Taco introduced James Cameron to the anime
based

Why?

Have you done your service today?

Attached: 1550424179227.jpg (768x432, 42K)

Saw Alita last night and you guys were right about this. I am obsessed. I always hated mangas and animes, tried watching neon genesis, but thought it was just Japanese transformers. But now I feel converted, turns out all this time I was ignoring a culture far superior to mine.

What are some mangas, cartoons for a recently converted Japanese supremacist?

Attached: DhWXOODX4AIgW4K.jpg (465x407, 25K)

#Alita is a very good and #inclusive movie.
It takes place in Iron City, a place where #BlackLIvesMatter just as much as those of anyone else, since it's a palce of #MultiCulturalism and #Diversity. It has a #StrongFemaleCharacter in the middle of it. She has to deal with #MentalHealthIssues like amnesia. In one scene a guy is trying to feel her up and she beats the shit out of him, sending a strong pro #MeToo massage. The movie is about #Alita, young #Female cyborg and her quest of finding herself. At one point in the movie she changes her body because it's #HerBodyHerChoice! There is even a #MultiRacial couple in the movie, very #Progressive. Iron City, the place the story plays in, has stict #GunLaws, in fact #BanAllGuns has been perfectly implemented there. #GoSeeAlita and follow this #WomensMarch to victory and witness her beat all the bad #WhiteMen!

Ogeha. It's a must if you liked alita.

WTF I CAN'T THIS ALITA THREAD BOMBARDMENT ANYMORE!

I give up. You got me. I wasn't going to see Alita in the theater because her eyes are just too much. After all the positive posts I have read though I am going to have to go see it. Can I go cheap and watch it in 2D or should I spend the few extra dollars for 3D?

I love anime and manga. But are not you too extreme?

Boku no Pico.

>Jim in China
youtube.com/watch?v=_VnfOLDB9kk
I can feel 65m+ OW bros.

Sneed: Feed and Seed General

Go see it in whatever way you see fit.
Maybe watch it twice, once in 2D and once in 3D.
#GoSeeAlita and thank you for doing your part.

Why do trannies think that everything is about them?

I heard that actions and CG is a wonderful movie so it may be fun to watch it in 3D.

im too much of a hermit to go to the kinoplex but ive fapped to her if that helps

After watching Alita and recently finishing mgs5 I see that it is a culture not affected by outrage culture marked by capeshit brainrot.

Gunnm, naturally. Knights of Sidonia, Akira.
And Berserk is an obligatory read,

Shell out the extra cash for 3D

3D for sure. If you want to truly be blow away se Imax 3D.

Wait for the rip
>plebs come to Yea Forums to talk about it and spew their optimistic and positive opinions about it
>the patrician regular posters either wait for for the rip or are in the minority
>the plebs leave because they have other boards to shitpost on
>all that's left are the regular Yea Forums posters
>they usually hate it since movies like this tend to be shit
>cycle repeats when the YIFY torrent comes out but forces are more evenly matched this
People like OP are not from here

You are wrong. Stay mad, mouse shill faggot. lmfao

Digits CONFIRM!

I know because I often see anime, but they tend to emotion into Cyborg characters.
Cyborg characters often appear in anime, so I hear such opinions occasionally.

3d is really fucking good in this one, so, definitely 3d.

Wish I had done IMAX, but Real 3D was nice too. Incredible film. Thanks for the recommendation lads

Narcissism

Based

>that first scene with Gruishka versus Alita and the chains shoot out of the screen
Was pretty cool. I'm going to see if I can't convince my friend to see it in Imax 3D with me. When will the showings stop? He's not available until like beginning to mid March.

You want you eyes bath in the most amazing face wash ever?
You want to feel the like you have drank a smoothest wine that leaves strong sweetness after taste that you will be happy falling asleep later?
Watch Alita in Imax 3D.

She'd be a lot prettier if she had green or blue eyes.

Attached: 1550647661925.jpg (800x450, 45K)

This weekend I will watch you again.

I'm gonna watch it this weekend.
I want to like it but I worry it might not be as violent as it should be.

naa

Attached: SLEEP TIGHT BATTLE ANGEL.webm (1280x536, 2.97M)

The eyes literally don't even look bad, nothing does. The promo stuff was a very bad selection.

The aesthetic of the whole film is superb, and in the first minute you'll be hooked.

>its an adaptation that neither deepens, improves upon, or honors the source material

why would you give grewshika all of makaku's best lines with zero context or justification for them?
why would you make hugo choose her over salem?
why would you make hugo into a parts thief with a heart of gold
why would you establish that alita's heart is worth millions then have hugo turn it down when it could've been replaced at less than no cost
why would you ditch the "captive populace" angle of the scrapyard
why would you make nova the person who exiled ido
why would you keep chiren if she isn't actually going to do anything at all
why would you make nova into the eyes of salem
why would you make nova trigger the shredder ring
why would you make "an all expense paid trip to salem!" the grand prize of motorball, especially after you establish the only way up is as organ donation
why would you timeskip after hugo dies
why would you have hugo introduce alita to motorball, then after his death, have her go straight back to motorball
why would you make nova the target of alita's unit in the martian war
why would you have the martians try to climb the cable
why would you have zapan just casually carrying around the damascus blade
why would you make the damascus blade martian tech
why would you make the damascus blade shine randomly
why would you leave a crashed martian ship outside the city for hundreds of years without anyone ever investigating it
why would you make nova a mustache twirling "architect of all your pain" character
why would you give nova and alita dialogue
why would you have nova give a shit about alita at this point

Let's see an edit.

they only stopped reylo because they scaled back all star wars marketing after solo flopped.

Armitage III OVA. Cute tween cyborg badass.

Found a rare angrrry Alita

Attached: aba143try0455v00811018rgbjpg.jpg (2180x1152, 467K)

Cringe.

>hey lets give hugo and his band of merry thieves unicyle bikes
just why

I'm in love with her. For real. She's the new queen on Yea Forums.

just download a camrip. the movie is pretty flat and boring and the only thing really notable about is the changes it makes to the source for no good reason.

I really didn't like the shift they made on Hugo or removing the god of motorball but the movie was a decent flick that hit the notes of alitla so I don't really care

>why would you make nova the target of alita's unit in the martian war
This is the one that bugs me most. It makes no sense even if they are trying to retcon everything to be a tighter story.
>why would you make nova a mustache twirling "architect of all your pain" character
Why does that sound familiar...?

Attached: blofeld studied architecture.jpg (155x326, 6K)

Still #1

Attached: Captureee.png (663x683, 463K)

>dude the trailers were just early versions! ignore them and buy your IMAX3D ticket today!

I really liked the part where the father refused to give his child the body, and rather would've wanted to protect her from the struggle and suffering that is life. "Come home before dark, here you're safe from the world. I can always fix you." Of course, the human nature is different than that, and her need to know more about herself and life (as we all struggle with what our meaning is) put her face to face with evil. And life absolutely destroyed her, she barely survived. The father then realized his mistake and gave her the new body, as in the father prepared the child to face life rather than trying to protect her from it. He sacrificed her in a sense that there was no going back anymore, she can't be fixed. It was on her now. Because everyone's going to have to face the struggle of life sooner and later, and parents are there to prepare us for it, not to hide us from it.

I also liked how he pointed out that you can't buy your way to heaven, you need to earn it. As misguided as their perception of heaven was. The mother also realized it in the church during the climax, and rather opted in for what's good and right.

What left me confused was the way Alita referred to the bad guys as "puppets" and "slaves" despite the fact that she herself was a puppet of her ideology. Literally a slave as shown in the movie, she acted only according to what she remembered and was very dogmatic about it. I assume the future installments will in some "shocking twist" show that Alita isn't fighting as righteous cause as she believes she is

Also why would a jap make a manga with such heavy christian values and biblical allegory?

Watch the older anime. Old anime is way better. Check out the Battle Angel anime, Devilman, Cyber City Oedo

youtube.com/watch?v=tofSaLB9kwE&t=2353s

>watching camrips
Also, you either didn't watch the movie, didn't read the manga or are outright retarded. It's probably really all three of them.

Fuck off retard

>thought the whole 'dads love it' thing was a meme
>actually went with my dad to see it
>watch him during the movie as I have seen it 7 times
>he is clearly transfixed and horny throughout the movie
>at the start of the movie he was making boisterous banter
>for example when Edo found Alita in a scrapyard he said 'I found ya ma in a scrapyard! people are always throwing away shitty old bags!' and other things
>by the end of the movie he is really invested, can hear him calling Alita 'sweetheart'
>gets mad that the movie ended when it did
>made me stop in specsavers with him on the way home 'to ask if they sell glasses that make your eyes big so your mother can wear them'
>didn't specify why he wanted them
>keeps asking me questions about the manga
>wants me to buy it for him
>fucking caught him last night running up and down the staircase at 2am whispering something about 'taking her up to Zalem'
>asked him this morning and he said he must have been sleepwalking then told me to shut up

he's been lonely since mum died so should i let him have this?

Attached: um.jpg (343x390, 16K)

Can a human love a cyborg?

I'd recommand Cowboy Bebop and Evangelion.
Outlaw Star is also good.

>Devilman
Devilman crybaby was absolute anime kino and it came out just last year.

OC

Attached: ALITA OC.jpg (1248x5000, 522K)

Of course they made her love interest more sympathetic. It is Hollywood after all. Have to round off those sharp edges from bitter lonely otaku manga authors.

Attached: battle-angel-alita-last-order-982224.jpg (800x1167, 353K)

Thanks added to the collection.

Attached: 1550718779617.jpg (556x627, 123K)

I know. Saw it the day it came out. Absolute kino, brah.

>the movie is pretty flat and boring
>constant action
>SUPREME aesthetic
>SUPREME waifu
>Jennifer Connelly back on a big movie
>James Cameron involved
>Edward Norton back on a big movie
>robots everywhere
>stretching the 12 rating to breaking point
Come on now

In the source, the only real nod to Christianity was the name of the cities at either end of the orbital elevator. Salem earthside, jeru spaceside. So on a map, in japanese, it would read as "jerusalem." Sure, the scrapyard is literally hell, but vector doesn't quote fucking milton, and the scrapyard is only hell because the people living there have made it hell.

So your mother was gonna wear the glasses in the afterlife?

UGUUUUUU

Hugo a shit

everyone needs a waifu

Attached: Rei DSC01130-Copyc.jpg (224x393, 41K)

NOOOO HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN DISNEY BROS
IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE CAPTAIN MARVEL'S TURN

people can tell you're shills.

Can't decide if this is heartwarming or heartbreaking.

The doctor had a point.

Being a war hero usually comes at a great personal cost. Losing her memories was probably a blessing- "a second chance" at a normal life, as Doc said.

Integrity is not slavery, user.

Attached: 1532117689821.png (577x796, 59K)

>schizos believe you are shills
ftfy

Only if he is also a dog lover

>to ask if they sell glasses that make your eyes big so your mother can wear them'
>since mum died

Attached: 1550689296949.png (1006x742, 1.24M)

Another fake story to hide the shilling
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/110207395/#110209644
You can see it was done here when the shills were being caught too

he dresses her urn

whats confusing is those "sharp edges" are what made the source (and anime in general) popular in the first place. you grind them away and its just the standard hollywood schlock.

As the manga presents hugo as your cliche big dreaming thief with a heart of gold, and then reveals that no, he actually was a gigantic piece of shit the entire time.

Welcome, brother.

You wish I was a shill

>anyone who calls shill is crazy!
>t. shill

Also
>The church is where Hugo likes going to get away from Iron City (hell)
>It's where he takes Alita
>It's where Alita saves him, sacrificing her own blood and giving him her heart in order to do so

The manga one yes.

Attached: rosa Salazar.png (1359x199, 28K)

What a goddess

Yup. Currently the marketing team is working on connecting Alita to fathers
twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=alita dad&src=typd

>why would you give grewshika all of makaku's best lines with zero context or justification for them?
Grewshika said he was miserable in this dumb underworld before Nova saved him
>why would you make hugo choose her over salem?
Because Hugo already choose Alita over his criminal past, so why not?
>why would you make hugo into a parts thief with a heart of gold
PG-13 can't show stealing human spines. Hugo does have a heart of gold side of his character
>why would you establish that alita's heart is worth millions
Because it makes sense and it explained why her brain can survive 300 years
>why would you ditch the "captive populace" angle of the scrapyard
they are still captives.
>why would you make nova the person who exiled ido
So Nova can be the central antagonist
>why would you keep chiren if she isn't actually going to do anything at al
Chiren helped save Hugo, and the angel about her motherhood and connection with Ido is well done. It makes her more inclusive in the story
>why would you make nova into the eyes of salem
He is in charge of the factory so it makes sense he keeps surveillance in the scrapyard
>why would you make nova trigger the shredder ring
Better that the antagonist do it than an automate system
>why would you make "an all expense paid trip to salem!" the grand prize of motorball,
So the brain of the champion can be harvested. make sense in context of the movie
>why would you timeskip after hugo dies
Not really a huge time skip
>why would you have hugo introduce alita to motorball, then after his death, have her go straight back to motorball
So that we can see her fighting for the champion ship in the sequel
>why would you make nova the target of alita's unit in the martian war
It's an interesting idea and can be expanded in the sequel
>why would you have the martians try to climb the cable
Because coming from above might be riskier with air defenses and all. Coming from below as a special commando unit make senses.

>Continue

Dementia, probably. Or the grief is so much he doesn't like to admit she's dead but acts like she's still "around".

The bit about not wanting to give her the berserker body was a hold-over from how, originally, the biggest danger in the scrapyard was organ theft, and alita's body was built from scrap, and the only human organ she had was her brain.

which is of course botched when they drop organ theft for parts theft and give alita priceless super-advanced lost technology for a heart.

Memes aside, my dad loved this movie. He rarely wants to see a movie in theaters twice, but he wanted Alita

way to take the fun out of everything.
it's just jokes man

>"OC"
>Most is either years old memes from here
>The rest were recent but posted here first
Why do you keep doing this to yourself.

Took my boomer mom to watch the movie today. She liked it a lot.
For me, it was the second time I watched it, and I enjoyed it just as much as the first time.

Attached: 1550664448961.png (1815x968, 361K)

Hype dying down lads.
How do I return to pre and immediately post-screening levels of love for Alita?

>this pasta again
Don't listen to this douche bag. They are completely full of shit. Alita is popular on Yea Forums because it is a fun enjoyable movie. Yea Forums regulars are the ones creating and posting in these threads. Just because Yea Forums's most contrarian douche bags are upset about people enjoying Alita shouldn't sway anyone from seeing her in the theater.

Go see Alita in the theater. It will be worthwhile experience. If you blow off seeing Alita in the theater you will regret it. All of what is occurring concerning Alita on Yea Forums is the same thing that happened during BR2049 in the theaters. Fans were raving about it. Contrarians were seething. Those the went to the theater to see BR2049 were rewarded with a worthwhile experience. Those that didn't see BR2049 in the theater were crying about it six months later regretting that they hadn't. Don't end up like the saps that wish they had seen BR2049 in the theater. Go see Alita. Don't be surprised if you walk out of the theater planning a second viewing. It really is that great of a movie.

>took mom to see Venom
>will never be able to take her to any other film

proud of you user :)

Heaven isn't an og christian donut steal con ept. Pretty much every religion has good up.

I just got back seeing it because Yea Forums told me to and it was OK. I could've waited to watch it at home though.

Still if you want to go out and see a good action flick it's worth seeing.

People can tell you're shills.

I'd definitely take my dad to theater with me if he was still alive. I have a feeling he'd love it.

He's a low functioning autist. Don't mind him.

>liking a movie makes you shill

So I drove 100 miles to see this in a Dolby Cinema and it had projector problems where it flickered every minute or two. Looked really great otherwise, so I asked for a free pass so I could see it at another Dolby Cinema across town and that one had a different kind of problem with the 3D where the color was off in the right eye. The manager looked at me like I was a sperg when I said, "I can't tell what color Alita's shirt is." I asked for another pass to see it even further away and by the time I got there I was so tired I slept during most of it. The screen looked a little better than a normal screen but not as good as the first Dolby Cinema during the scenes when it wasn't flickering.

Dolby Cinemas are real hit or miss. Shit.

I had already seen it twice before in IMAX 3D and in Cinemark 3D BOX, so I didn't miss anything.

It was a long drive home, but I had Alita in my heart.

Attached: 1550525732683.jpg (2048x1080, 186K)

Fuck off, mouse shill.

People can tell you aren't genuine.

>Don't listen to this douche bag. They are completely full of shit.
Yes people totally love flavor of the month capeshit and horror movies here. All the people who praise them when they're released and then vanish after a week are totally "Yea Forums"
Also just ignore the fact that a general propped up instantly for this too when this board has historically hated generals

I said the movie was OK and recommended seeing it. What's the problem?

>anti shills are falseflagging now
If you don't care about discussing this film, just fuck off

Have you seen it?

user. You do realize that most of us don't really know any people? And that we're already seen it at least a few times with what few friends we have? Is it really that hard for you to grasp that we're now resorting to dragging along family members to see the movie with us.

>why would you have zapan just casually carrying around the damascus blade
It looks cool while trimming the meat of the story.
>why would you make the damascus blade martian tech
Make sense to tie in the plot points
>why would you make the damascus blade shine randomly
It looks cool.
>why would you leave a crashed martian ship outside the city for hundreds of years without anyone ever investigating it
They stole what they could. The Damascus blade might have been taken from there.
>why would you make nova a mustache twirling "architect of all your pain" character
To create up the anti and create confrontation.
>why would you give nova and alita dialogue
Why not?
>Why would you have nova give a shit about alita at this point
It's her brain that he gave a shit about. Watch the movie.

80% of your points are just nitpicking trivials. They made the changes to create a tight story that trimmed the meat of the manga to adapt it on the big screen. 20% remaining we will have to see the sequel to know how that tie in together.

Indeed

Attached: Screenshot_20190220-144152_YouTube.jpg (1920x1080, 1.04M)

Let's all love Alita!

>Being a war hero usually comes at a great personal cost. Losing her memories was probably a blessing- "a second chance" at a normal life, as Doc said.
But what is a normal life? In the movie she started as this naive girl, a blank canvas. The ONLY thing she had at that point was her instinct for battle - you could see it as our subconscious want to fight evil. And her naivety cost her a great deal as she was ready to LITERALLY give her heart to this boy she met just days ago, and whom she later lost which caused great pain. All because she was still an "all or nothing " person like she herself put it, meaning she could only perceive the world as good or bad, black or white. She of course later learned, and her father told this as well, that everyone is capable of doing good or bad things

Her instinct to fight for what's good is her core element (in the movie at least), it's what defies her. As the doctor said, she shouldn't feel guilty for it because was made to do it, like the bible would say mankind was made to do good and battle evil. As in even if she's mistaken sometimes and commits atrocities, she shouldn't lose her faith in that fighting evil is the right thing to do. She should carry that burden and keep going. The only thing escaping your past does is make sure you repeat the same mistakes of old

He's a mentally ill tranny from twitter

>people praise BR2049 when its released
>people praise it when the Blu-Ray gets leaked
>still threads about it today
Schizo user pls, your cycle has been debunked several times

You are an awful autist.

I know but I'm using heaven here because the movie undeniably had heavy biblical allegory in it. You can call it what you want, I don't believe in god in any concrete way anyway even if I believe in the abstract thought behind much of christianity and would call myself christian. I find the question whether god really exists or not pretty irrelevant and wrong thing to focus on, so calling a concept "heaven" is just one of the many words you could use. The concept is what matters

>tfw got a line by line reply where every reply was "its fine,"

So what are you guys going to shill next? Do you shill multiple movies at once or is there a conflict of interest thing with that?

Let's play Russian roulette with Alita!

Attached: Q0sQjU2.jpg (683x935, 132K)

This film is literally 2deep4me.

that's oc tho. picture related isn't

Attached: faceblita.jpg (926x3329, 307K)

How do I cope if I'm in love in with Alita? She's not real...

>autism exists so shilling doesn't

what a spectacular argument

Why was this movie so comfy bros?

Thanks, anons

I will call her Angrita

it wasn't called "battle angel" originally.

I took the time to reply to your copy paste shill. You are a sad man. What do you have to gain to beat down a wonderful girl like Alita? So that you can have some Mouse bucks while Brie Larson stepping all over you.

FUCK
MY THEATER ONLY HAS TWO SHOWINGS OF ALITA NOW

Attached: shotimes.png (607x332, 170K)

If only you had actually said something.

You're a manchild without a sense of measured judgement and critique so you come up with an arbitrary meme to cover up for your plebness
tl;dr, you're Yea Forums

>I believe in the abstract thought behind much of christianity and would call myself christian. I find the question whether god really exists or not pretty irrelevant
These are mutually exclusive you dumb larper.

If only you can read and have watched the movie. Want to engage in talks with me?

as a cyborg myself I hate all of you.

She's really waiting at your cineplex though

I watched the movie. It is not good. It is stuffed with changes that only serve to cheapen the narrative and themes. It tries to be spectacle but falls flat for numerous reasons.

imma do it lads. i will use next months neet bux and buy the whole boxed weeabo set for 150€

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=7AtgSiMH9GI

I find the original pretty irrelevant when it comes to adaptations, you can easily tell different stories with the same characters. The writer of this movie did call it "battle angel" which is all that matters in this context. It could be that the author of the manga just used biblical mythology for names because it sounded cool, and then the creator of the movie decided to just crank it up to eleven by introducing actual themes around that. I haven't read the manga myself

You're in love with what she represents, the values she practices, her incredible sincerity and sterling integrity. Those are real things.

This shouldn't be surprising, there's lots of people that are like that. Christianity isn't like other religions where you have one main sect and everyone believes/follows the same interpretation of their religious text.
Post robutt.

Link for set? Might buy too.

Why? You believe in some set of values which you act upon without believe in god don't you?

The irony.

Take note
twitter.com/search?q=alita kino&src=typd
usually if autists that actually browse this board are shilling a meme flick then this fills up with "_ is fucking kino" tier posts. yet this only has germans and kino means cinemabox. this thread is 100% disney paid for

>Marketing and huge eyes were a mistake.
It worked for Tim Burton.

Attached: cameron alita big eyes 1512767795646.jpg (863x1233, 600K)

I personally didn't pick up on any supposed christian themes, and I'm pretty sure the movie isn't intentionally putting that out there, it's just someones interpretation of things.

>there will never be an Alita video game
Why live?

Attached: 1550743437951.jpg (376x623, 114K)

She loves Hugo, dont be a cuck

I felt the exact opposite. It was adapted well to the big screen, trimmed the meat, make the plot points tighter and solidify the central narrative well. Above all else, it's a PG-13 action spectacular that serves to entertain the audiences without making them bored from the episodic elements of the manga. It has done its job very well and make Alita into a well liked and loved main protagonist, as any anime/manga adaptation should have done.

Hell, I'm tempted to rebuy the series with the new larger hardcover Kodansha editions.

"battle angel" is something american translators came up with to serve as a more eye-catching name, as the original name has basically no meaning outside of japan (gunnm).

So you went in thinking it was a christian in nature because of a name that was chosen completely at random to sell books and tapes.

So you're basically trying to discuss the symbolism of an absolute hodgepodge of various influences and conventions.

but there is one

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunnm:_Martian_Memory
He's dead now. ;^)

I thought it was this
youtu.be/qob8VGB6mo0

well, another one.
First one was never even in English

Attached: GUNNM Martian Memory.jpg (502x512, 57K)

>he doesn't know

Attached: martian memory.jpg (220x225, 25K)

amerzan DOT /gp/product/1632367114/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0

Attached: 41Yg04Jca3L._SX428_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (430x500, 31K)

Vector : I'd rather rule in hell, than serve in heaven.

The movie isn't even being subtle that Zalem is a metaphor for heaven. And it's definitely not a coincidence that some of the most major plot beats happen at the old church.

Those prints it comes with are gorgeous

Attached: A1268B79-7689-49A7-9F61-7E3CF89C34DF.jpg (750x542, 367K)

>other religions where you have one main sect and everyone believes/follows the same interpretation of their religious text.
Are you american by any chance?

>trimmed the meat
you want to trim the fat, not the meat. It literally and fundamentally trims away valuable material in order to stuff it into a package that was already more than big enough for it in the first place. It literally goes out of it's way to keep the proverbial "fat" in the sense of characters like chiren and grewshika and actually adds fat by throwing in motorball and the martian war for no good goddamn reason.

It just dawned on me. A buncha the rom sites I got PS1 games off of, especially fan translated ones, got taken down not too long ago. I don't remember if they had this one though.

its amazing how bad kenshiro's art has become.

Well yeah, my interpretations are my own interpretations, if there's an objective way to look at something then that something is propaganda. You can say what you want but many of the names were biblical, Alita was called an angel and fell from what is perceived as "heaven" by the people in iron city, and the climax of the movie literally happened in a church. The themes and values were also all very much in line with those of christianity. Is it wonder I see them in it, when I was raised a christian? Isn't the whole point of art (>art) that we all see in it something different through the lens of our own worldview?

What did you see in the movie?

Might be, but the symbolism still makes sense to me. Which part of my thoughts do you disagree with?

>characters like chiren and grewshika and actually adds fat
They added fat in the OVA, but not the movie. In the movie, they were given more details. They served their purposes well.
>adds fat by throwing in motorball and the martian war for no good
Motor ball is a big draw for audiences. Leaving that out is against state's law.

Been to twice so far. Saw it in standard 3d and imax 2d. I looked today and there is 3d rpx might be leaving so I booked 3d rpx viewing for this afternoon.

Post 'em!

Attached: bought it when I was in norway.jpg (3096x4128, 2.53M)

>I'd rather rule in hell, than serve in heaven
It's a pretty common saying, I forget where, I think it's Milton? Basically "I'd rather be master of the street rats then a toilet cleaner in a penthouse". It's not meant to be taken literally. The city name itself is taken directly from the manga.
>not a coincidence
Look I said I like your interpretation, but that's all it is. Alita doesn't come out after the credits and start talking about going to Church. Or something equally as cringe like something straight out of veggietales ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cer2140LTJw)
Alita Battle Angel isn't a christian flick. It's just borrowing motiffs and themes that have been common in western media for a while, which traditionally has had christian roots and thus taken inspiration from.

Gunnm is a nonsensical name anyways. There is not thing about dreaming of guns in the manga. Battle Angel is a much better name for it. This is the case that western interpretation has actually improved the original product in parts because the setting is western.

can't. some homo bought the last 5 minutes ago. now it's out of stock REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1549760175744.png (765x412, 373K)

With other religions you have one, maybe two, rarely three different versions of the same thing. Not the freaking buffet table of options with Christianity.

A popcorn flick with simple plot and eye catching main character.

A simple yes would have sufficed

Why are Alita live action fans such anti-art plebs?

It's fine for fans in interpret that it has Christian symbolism. I personally don't see that at all in the original work. It's more of a scifi exploring the relationship between human and our technological evolution (both in cybernetic and biology) and questioning the core of humanity in the era of transhumanism.

>a simple plot
Story is just a way to express your abstract idea with. What you essentially said was "this painting is just paint on a canvas."

That's just plebby and completely ignorant of all the work that goes into a film like this and the talent behind it.

They were added to the OVA because there wasn’t enough room in the OVA for makaku and nova. They serve less than no purpose if nova is there, because they had more than enough time for makaku.

Thus, they are fat. As even with the extra characterization they got (all of grewshika’s being cribbed makaku lines taken out of context) they do absolutely nothing of note or value to the story.

This.

What are you even implying? I love both the live action film and the manga. The OVA can lick my balls though.

The movie has several layers to it, but at it's core it's just a story about girl learning about who she is and what her place in the world is.

Ignore him. He's been spouting his buzzword forever. He's not worth your time.

My response wasn't dismissive enough so I have to tell you again how retarded you are.
Islam has so many crazy sects they put mormons to shame. Including one that believes the end time messiah has already returned.
Buddhism too has differences pretty much every region with crazy dalai lama shit to modest western buddhism

Who /Chiren/ here?

Attached: 49739165_2212323432131291_8099255499217698816_o.jpg (1080x1728, 91K)

Do you realize how circular that is?
>i, an obvious christian, see christian themes and symbolism
>yea dude most of that is just random, a lot of it was just publishers trying to sell books with a "cool" name
>well it makes sense to me because I am a christian

>video game sensibilities
What do you think you anti-art fucking pleb?

Interesting. I didn't really notice those themes at all in the movie (much to my surprise since I thought it'd be one of the core elements) so I never gave much thought to it. I never read the source material so I couldn't draw themes from there, I just saw the movie in a vacuum so to speak. Might be that I just didn't know where to look. Did you like the movie?

This guy has the right idea. You can break it down to its core, but there is much else.

reminder: chiren had a brain and ido had the salemite mark, but removed it. Thus, no chip-brains.

>user, you came to see my movie ... i'm so happy :)

Attached: 1550728061428.png (1080x1080, 478K)

>They serve less than no purpose if nova is there,
They served Nova and carried out his order. What are you talking about?
>they do absolutely nothing of note or value to the story
1/4 of the story involved them while they push the main plot point, the relationship between Alita and Hugo forward.

>but at it's core it's just a story about girl learning about who she is and what her place in the world is.
>a timeless concept that can be widened to the whole humanity
>just

They can still make it that they left Salem before they were required to get rid of their brains.

I hate Alita.

>>why would you establish that alita's heart is worth millions
>Because it makes sense and it explained why her brain can survive 300 years
In the source, her brain was special. As it had been modified to resist impact and survive exposure to vacuum. Making the heart a micro-anti-matter-technobabble-fusion reactor doesn't really explain why her brain didn't rot without oxygen.

>this matters
Changes nothing for movie viewers. No one cares magna fag

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=mHzfhU8t5i8

Yes but I presented arguments in what I saw right in my first post, I explained how I interpreted it. You just said "dude most of that is just random" without anything else to it. What am I supposed to say to that? Okay? You might be right but there's no way for me to find out since you're not offering me anything

Disregarding symbolism to something as "just a way to sell things" is pretty dumb. Aren't all hollywood movies just a way to present a set of values in a way that generates money?

Nope, as they specifically establish that nova exiled them, and nova also has the mark, and in the source, the mark was only given upon brain replacement.

So that whole concept is completely locked off in every way.

B&R

>gets blacked
Makes sense why they want people to think Yea Forums likes it

the issue is speaking to how they took this aggressively original work, and shaved away anything remotely unique or original about it.

It's more of the manga thing. At this point in the story, the theme does not have significant present yet. Later on, when Alita moved to Zalem, the nature of the city and its citizens carried this theme into the forefront.
I like the movie a lot. It does well with all the constraints that the big screen blockbuster medium put on it.

I see you aren't quite smart enough to understand you're just seeing what you've been conditioned to see. I have explained the source of the names and imagery you interpreted as christian, and it is clearly not christian. Thus we are done unless you are able to come up with a stronger backing for the intent.

>HUR MOVIE NOT PRECISELY SAME AS SOURCE
changes nothing except to source purist fags.

I prefer Screwhead myself

Attached: alita-battle-angel_poster_goldposter_com_95.jpg (2048x3276, 1.57M)

No, it isn't. They were exiled because of their daughter, which may have been very young when they got her, being young themselves. The fact the mark isn't directly related with the chip anymore (probably was attached a short time before the planned procedure even, right before they got exiled) doesn't mean the chip isn't gonna be a thing.

Brains only need a blood flow to survive, and her not-a-warp-core heart was presumably still pumping blood to it.

Weird how the shills were claiming this was an exact adaptation before now they're not

GitS'95 is a huge departure from the manga. It's timeless because it identified what was unique and notable about the manga and focused entirely upon those aspects.

stop lying

Is she in the manga? Does it ever explain what her deal is?

ido directly states that nova exiled him (and thus chiren and their daughter) from salem.

Gonna see it tomorrow in 3D.

Attached: I give you my heart.png (1984x3000, 3.59M)

>different people with different opinions say different things
>REEEE SHILLS

Attached: 1550645144761.jpg (768x511, 37K)

>Is she in the manga?
Haha, no.

Just remove the link between the mark and the brain replacement
Make the the brain replacement a volunteer thing just like circumcision but the majority of citizens do it because it's more convenient that way.
Honestly, that makes better sense then making no one aware that their brains were taken away with all the fancy techs and brain scanner devices around.

I unironically liked it even more the second time I saw it. Really considering a 3rd viewing now

>shills get caught in a lie
>y-you have autism if you notice shilling!!

No "they" didn't. It was said it was *mostly* the same as the OVA, NOT the manga. It took elements of the manga and integrated it into the adaptation of the OVA and giving the end result film.

R E K T
E
K
T

Attached: Alita Battle Angel 2019 720p HDCAM-1XB.webm (640x268, 2.99M)

Did it release in china yet? Because if it did and isn't making more money than WarCraft 2016, it's a flop in my book.

Good movie tho.

Attached: 1545356475885.png (556x514, 529K)

>source of the names
>literally just one name for alita
>everything else was complete coincidence
>that debunks everything, from the very values this movie is endorsing that go hand to hand with christian values
>I gave one example of one name so I win and we're done here

>I see you aren't quite smart enough to understand you're just seeing what you've been conditioned to see
As opposed to what, an objective view of things? Absolutely laughable, read some books, start from the greeks. It's no wonder someone so caught up in his own hubris would belittle someone elses intelligence as the first thing they do.

If you want something clearly has Christianity presence, watch Evangelion.

saw it the second time yesterday. I don't know if I should be irresponsible and see it a third time. Somebody help.

negro, voluntary brain replacement would mean it is commonly known about, thus, not a secret. The entire point of it is that people lose their shit when they learn their brains were stolen.

I got the box set, it's honestly pretty great and recommend fully

>get pointed out your being stupid
>double down on your stupidity

Attached: 1550604370307.png (1167x800, 1020K)

Ido directly states they left Salem because of his daughter's illness.

It's gonna make a lot more domestically, but less in China than Warcraft

No, he directly states that nova was responsible for their exile.

Why would you lie about shit.

It already made 1m+ during midnight showing. If's gonna make 50-60m+ OW.

I don't lie. I'm not sure about your line, but they don't contradict each other.

I've seen it and ironically enough I think Evangelion is very much a case of someone just using pieces of mythology because it looks / sounds cool

Irresponsible would be to not see it.

Attached: image.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Uh, yea, they do. If nova was responsible then the illness wasn't.

>it is commonly known about, thus, not a secret. The entire point of it is that people lose their shit when they learn their brains were stolen.
Exactly what I said. They will take out the part about panic as well. And that's also why brains are so precious for Nova that he would need the brains of motorball champions to experience upon.

warcraft got 200m overall in china and around 40m during the opening week.

It's a puzzle wether or not it will work for big eye anime girl, but fingers crossed it all works out ok.

Why is that trash compactor there?

fuck man, anno directly states he just used christian imagery and mythology it because it looked/sounded cool.

Are you retarded? What if Nova was responsible they got kicked out because of the illness?

>brains are valuable to nova because he has... a ... limitless supply of ... them

That's like saying foreskins are valuable to a mohel

No, it's actually the theme that the whole anime is based upon. It's a retold story of Genesis with mecha in it as a cool factor, not the other way around.

>he doens't know about the billion dollar 4skin industry
uh oh...

Release in Japan and China tomorrow. Reviews so far coming out of China are very good too.

Brains were sent up the food chain to Jeru. Nova is just a lowly man in a lowly city.

thank god I already have augmented vision.

NOW MAKE THEM ALL HAVE FREAK EYES

are you retarded? They never state that the illness was responsible.

Also, since I've got you married to this line of discussion, it also means they dumped the whole genetically engineered, non-biological reproductive aspect of salem.

>It's a retold story of Genesis with mecha
imagine actually believing this, holy shit.

plz don't remind me

Iron City literally is a dumping ground for Zalem of course they'll have garbage compactors everywhere

Attached: Alita-Battle-Angel-Trailer-2-13.jpg (3360x1402, 143K)

no they didn't vs different opinions
The state of these fucking shills lads

youtube.com/watch?v=USKzAj1dOq4

I couldn't find the allegory at all, could you expand how you think that?

They do. And no, not necessarily. Could be a Man of Steel case with Ido and Chiren having a daughter but she's 'defective' and they get discovered because of it and then thrown out.

>its some youtuber bullshit

anno has directly stated numerous times he just thought the christian imagery and mythology looked/sounded cool.

>giving a fuck about Youtubers
>it's Wisecrack of all
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

>he's actually citing man of steel as an example of good storytelling

man, I thought you shills were russian.

I just want a cameo of Mbadi if there's a sequel.

Attached: BAALO03_23_Mbadi_hacks_Alita.jpg (330x628, 65K)

Kishiro-sensei fucking loved it.
gigazine.net/news/20190221-alita-battle-angel-yukito-kishiro-interview/

Goalpost changing brainlet.

That's why he based the story on it. duh.

but thats the worst fu

Who?

Just watched it. Jesus christ, the amount of bad lines in this thing. Although it improves in the second hour. I would watch a sequel if it's as good as the second hour.

>

Attached: based_cameron.png (454x485, 228K)

Yeah, exposition in general is pretty hard to make interesting. The very beginning, like maybe the first quarter, I liked because it was very cute and touching, but the second quarter, right after the cyborg alley fight was kinda boring to me and struggled to keep my interest. But then the entire second half pretty much had me focused the whole way through and made it all worth it.

I never thought I'd say this, but this movie really didn't need JCon. She wasn't in the book at all, right? The whole ex wife and daughter plot seemed a bit too Hollywood. Ido could have just as well been just a kindly doctor.

guess they didn't want Ido to marry a 14 year old like in the manga

she gets blacked in the manga?

mbadi fucking sucks.

>hey lets take nova and make him totally sane

The film was just okay.

Alita a cute, though.

She was in the OVA. And they put a daughter in there to make a more streamlined motivation for both Ido(lost a daughter, gained a daughter) and Chiren(once a mother, always a mother).
In the manga, Gally is named after a recently deceased Ido's cat. A male cat, Gary.

Is it just me, or was the cheesy dialog still far and above the writing in Abatab?
Half the reason I shat on Avatar was because I was pissed it got made instead of Alita. Now that Alita is out... I think I may still half jokingly shit on it.

Attached: james cameron avatar audience 1372213647670.jpg (623x700, 286K)

Several times, yes.

Attached: BAA05_47_Aga_Mbadi.jpg (280x365, 44K)

Attached: 1548781920530.jpg (250x206, 7K)

Attached: 1550630796928.jpg (593x651, 240K)

You have no idea.

Attached: Mbadi.jpg (723x1200, 78K)

>why she calls him father at the end of the film
Beautiful scene desu.

>certain parts of the audience might find his relationship with her to be creepy.
So what you're saying is americans are brainlets and emotional retards, got it.

He just wants to chill and eat ice cubes but people keep bugging him.

Attached: 1544809608115.jpg (1488x2237, 918K)

The facebook tourist special

Redpill me on flan Yea Forums.

Attached: i love flan.jpg (819x1194, 141K)

PLEASE NO NOT LIKE THIS

chiren was a character they came up with for the OVA as a replacement for nova, because nova would not fit in a 60 minute one-off release. She had no business being in the movie at all.

As much as I like the ending of the original manga and don't really want films dragging out into Last Order, how awesome and kinda hilarious would it be to see Alita defeat Nova and Zalem only to realize Jeru / Ketheres is above even that. Of course I hope they don't kill Nova like they did Vector. Nova and Alita realize Jeru is the bigger problem. They get there and Mbadi just looks over them like Nova did. Not so much as a sequel plug as much as to show there's always a bigger fish.

Attached: BAALO07_193_Mbadi_cuts_through_Whophon's_illusions.jpg (338x375, 81K)

Literally me

Huh. You know know what? I don't know if I ever saw the OVA. My friend who got me into Alita said it wasn't good and to just read the manga.

The guy's a hacker. She gets hacked.

She later gets stronger and defeats him.

Alita can't poop though

what does that mean

Flan is life

Attached: 3Zjhl62.png (506x500, 164K)

I give it 2 weeks

it isn't good, just read the manga. It's just a simplified copy of the first two volumes anyway.

>it isn't good, just read the manga.
this applies to the movie as well

Until it makes 450 million at least. Then we can safely sleep knowing Alita will return.

First hour was the best part, pleb.

It's the reason behind why everything is fucked up in the Scrapyard.

Attached: ApTxpo2.jpg (400x575, 39K)

Cameron won't adapt his waifu like this.

It's a good waifu simulator desu

Most of the stuff is in. Some of the more fucked up stuff has been toned down, but overall it's pretty good.
I would've liked seeing the parts with the Motorball Fans mutilating themselves, the Salem worshipers, and the people putting bets on how last Hugo will last against the rings.

that's funny, it was 500m yesterday.

even shills are managing their expectations.

She fucks him up though.

Attached: BAALO14_172_Mbadi_defeated.jpg (284x234, 24K)

I liked how the rings were no longer automated.

Back in college I almost built a statue of Alita as Ido found her for a cyberpunk themed project for a photo class. I didn't have the time sadly. I ended up using GitS and Blame! figures and an old cosplay. I did make a paper mache Cibo to go with my Killy costume, so maybe it would have been too many disembodied girls for one project.

Attached: BA01-008.jpg (813x1209, 312K)

I just watch the movie and I loved it. Is the manga already done? If so, where can I get it?

You get a thicker flan if you use condensed milk
I like to put a bit of cream and cinnammon on the top

Alright, you fucking nerds, listen up. We are at 150 million worldwide right now within 6 days. Most of the foreign market has not been updated since the 10th and China and Japan are opening this weekend. With a big push from the foreign market opening, and additional from markets that already opened over a week ago, we'll know those numbers. Now we need to get Alita to a safe 100 to 130 million. We have 300 million dollars left to go before we officially declare Alita a hit and a sequel announced. So everyone, do your duty and support the film!
I've always said it was 450 million. 20th Century Fox actually said break even was 350 million.

Attached: lesgo.png (1280x536, 1.06M)

It's not entirely done (they are currently at series 3) but some people will tell you only to read the first one anyway. Just hit it up in your search engine and add 'read'.

pic related
not bad for next to no budget and working on it between classes

Attached: killy cibo copy (1).jpg (800x500, 108K)

>we are
How many millions did you invest in this again?

Reminds me of the ghost from Neotokyo.

Cameron will find a way to bankroll a sequel no matter what. I'm pretty sure him and Rodriguez knew this was gonna be a gamble from the start. I'm not really worried about that desu

Attached: ChinaWillSaveMyMovie.png (1540x816, 1.23M)

she doesn't though. the vampire bitch does that.

thicker than blood, the threads that weave the tapestry of fate

Attached: 2019-02-19 22_10_09-battleangelalita_vol05.png (493x490, 85K)

Still wish I had done some Alita stuff. Sadly I had no figures of her. There were next to none available. Only a couple rare ones in Japan.

Attached: Copy of killy sil copy.jpg (800x536, 59K)

The manga has "ended" twice and is still going.

The first series ties it all pretty well. There's a sequel series that changes the ending of the first series a little but it has Alita IN SPACE WITH KARATE.
The third series is a both a sequel but mainly a prequel to the series as a whole.

I'm only one of the producers, but I can't disclose how much.
Cameron very much wants to push for the sequel. Robert has two other movies on his belt before an Alita sequel would even get made, so don't expect the sequel for maybe 5 years.

They have all thr equipement ready to go because they planned it up to be a triology from the start, just not have thr budget for it. Subsequent sequels will be quite cheaper to make and that’s the selling point for it. I think everyone is ready when the sequel is green lit. If that is the case, we can see Alita in the next 3 years at most.

Damn. Can't find any of the GitS figure.
Eh. It's all in the cyberpunk humanoid design. Just looked up the game. Kinda looks like the safeguards. Nihei designed a figure that looks even more like it too.

Attached: 636546241536092874.jpg (1080x1320, 276K)

>i want a sequel
>i'll lock off all the manga's potential plotlines

So... how long until Del Toro does a Blame! movie? Heh. I remember getting an email from him when I was a mod on a Hellboy forum and someone was asking about Tsutomu Nihei doing design work on Hellboy. He said about how much he loved his art. He's such a huge weeb. It's adorable.

Attached: safeguard_1000toys_blame.jpg (1280x929, 75K)

I had the 1/12 version of that figure. Was really cool.

Motorball seemed like a throwaway arc at least but I expect a lot more OC from him with the follow ups and I'm a little worried about that to be desu.

new thread.

>more OC
that's a bad thing. especially since they'll strill try to hit all the major notes of the manga, just completely out of context.