Recently rewatched AotC

This movie gets a lot of shit, and most of it for a good reason, but there's something that Lucas did really well.
The action sequences are superb. Once you get used to the somewhat dated CGI, the camerawork and choreography are amazing, it's all long shots where you can clearly see everything that's happening, and they're all perfectly cropped to hold your interest. It's just entertaining as fuck to watch. Yes, even the dumb factory scene. Call me childish, but there's something very enticing in well made action sequences, something that makes you engaged with whatever is happening on the screen.
If nu-trilogy had at least competent action sequences, instead of massive nothingburgers, it would have been received so much better.
I miss George.

Attached: The-Arena-Battle-of-Geonosis-star-wars-attack-of-the-clones-23123837-750-423.jpg (750x423, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W7oFYfxWsFg&app=desktop
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=QQNBg6I29gI)
youtube.com/watch?v=G-V1Pbz4W2Y)
youtube.com/watch?v=LOcxnQRUhMM)
youtube.com/watch?v=27M5KWI_q50)
youtube.com/watch?v=utFRqsT61-k
youtu.be/Vo6ebIy4COw
youtube.com/watch?v=3ME5jhsgmB4
youtube.com/watch?v=erFcYsC6JaY
youtube.com/watch?v=YhCHw0Ovqf4
youtube.com/watch?v=68dvgRT3Kx8
youtube.com/watch?v=VMbW9cMTKD0
youtube.com/watch?v=Xy2Lk5ZcPlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=VZvHIeMZG_g
youtu.be/6KVH88BjSuM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rewatched it recently as well. The arena battle and the arrival of the clones really really made me nostalgic from early 2000s fast food marketing.
That's the overwhelming feeling I had during the scene. I have no idea why
Burger King must have had some really good ads if i'm still getting that feeling almost 2 decades later

I agree.
film makers have no idea how to direct action now.

Kino youtube.com/watch?v=W7oFYfxWsFg&app=desktop

One thing Episode 2 did really well was the sheer spectacle of it. There's a scale to what all is going on that none of the other films have and it's pretty awesome.

I always thought the prequel trilogy wasn't bad. ACO was always the most forgettable to me though. I can recall numerous scenes from Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith but I got nothing but the battle from Attack of the Clones.

Care to post webms to illustrate the point?

>nothing but the battle from Attack of the Clones.
Dunno m8, the chase through Coruscant, Jango vs Obi Wan, the fight with arena monsters and the Jedi showing up in the last moment, even the infamous factory scene are all pretty memorable to me.

It always bothered me how they dodged lasers by flailing their light sabers around.

Unironically.

Never paid much attention but damn is is some flawless camera work even if it's all in a computer.

Why can't Disney do something like this, the scale, grandiosity of it all, actual wars in star wars. This would look great with modern special effects.

yeah you redditshits have nothing to compare it to, so your perception is fucked,
your whole lives have been filled with shitty movies so you think this garbage is "good."
it isn't.

I don't see anything special about this. Seems almost completely unremarkable, actually.

Post good action scenes then boomer.

K
_I
__N
___O

Attached: AOTC geonosis arena.webm (988x420, 2.88M)

>We will NEVER have a ship as cool as the LAAT ever again
How the mighty have fallen

Attached: sadkrab.png (609x460, 532K)

Most fun ship design in all of Star Wars. Prove me wrong.

We got the based bomber ships in TLJ though

>Literally so shitty they can't do their job without exploding on each other and killing their whole squadron
I'll stick with Y-wings, thanks

I disagree. You can tell the actors are in a studio somewhere and not acting against real flesh and blood. Only Samuel Jackson seems to take into account that he's standing on in an open air transport when he shouts his line. Anakin mumbles it - and somehow someone picks it up. Despite all the noise and turbulence that surrounds them.

The prequel series is littered with this stuff. The actors don't know what it's gonna look like once they're finished so they don't know how to behave. In this case, Anakin should be shouting his lane so that his voice can be heard of the sound of war.

I've only watched the Prequels once each, with Phantom Menace at the Cinema. Are they worth re-watching just to know about them?

George was so far ahead of the curve in terms of visuals.

Attached: AOTC Naboo waterfalls.webm (1694x720, 2.86M)

I think this scene was ruined with the C3PO slapstick in between all of them dying.
Even as a kid is bothered me that the seriousness of most jedi in that arena getting killed is undermined by this shit.

Pretty similar to how the sequels are so tonally inconsistent. But I agree the scene could be a lot more effective if it was shown more from the jedi's perspective in a frantic and desperate situation

>the sound design of all the Star Wars tech especially LAAT
I'm gonna cum. Fuck Disney btw

Jackson in the behind the scenes stuff even says he didn't mind the greenscreen at all. Says something like
>I used to pretend in my room all the time, it's not that difficult. You're actors, just act!

Should have left in the droid shut down scene.

Attached: AotC BTS.webm (848x356, 2.05M)

I’m so sorry, George

Lucas overused CGI, but at least attempted to accomplish something with it. Alot of other directors, including the ones on nuWars couldn't match his sense of spectacle with better tools.

Attached: 1549068372655.webm (1280x544, 2.88M)

How far gone is this board? AOTC is fucking terrible.

Attached: AOTC geonosis war 1.webm (988x420, 2.78M)

There's no spectacle here. Everything looks so fake its makes every scene involving a clone trooper not believable.

Attached: AOTC geonosis war 2.webm (988x420, 2.95M)

Gotta say I have respect for those actors, I would've felt so fucking goofy doing that

The LAAT is fucking god tier kino. But I've always thought the ARC-170 was underrated as fuck. I loved how it's wings resembled a bugs rapidly beating wings.

Sup, Mike.

I agree with you, the ARC is a beauty of a ship. Pretty much all the ship designs from the prequels are high tier. If not all of them

Hello, RLM drone.

Legit question, would the shots up close with the clones look better with actors in costume in front of a green screen, or how it is now? I feel like if it were a mix of the two it would look less believable

The BD's really show you just how densely packed they are. Just going over them in high definition looking at all the little details in the background of each shot is like a whole new film themselves.

I love that Lucas used wide angle shots with a full focus, and allowed you to actually see what was going on. Everything is in focus all times, with no blur/depth of field/out of focus crap so you can always see all these extra's and ships and droids and clones and whatever doing stuff in the background it's cool.

>We'll never get this level of It Ain't Me Kino from Star Wars ever again.

Attached: vietnam-wojak.png (746x982, 487K)

Agreed

Attached: arc170.jpg (505x351, 43K)

why do you guys pretend the "choerohphay" is any good? THEY ARENT EVEN TRYING TO HIT EACH OTHER MOST OF THE TIME; OH LETS TRY SPINNING

>Those scenes on Utapau where clones are meleeing droids

True, I must admit I had never before seen giant CGI ballsack turds grazing in a field of CGI until this movie.

My biggest issue is with the lightsaber battles. The actors look like they're swinging at each other's blades and not actually at the person. Also the context of the arena battle is retarded.

>redditors will pretend this is good
le KINO is my favorite memeword, fellow prequelpedes xd

I think the thing is that the jedi are so good at predicting the enemies moves that they basically block before they even swing

AotC actually FEELS like Star Wars movie and has gradure, scale and scope unlike TPM which feels small in comparison.

AotC is where this trilogy should have started!!!FACT!!!

>It ain't sheev!
>he ain't no sith lords son!

Attached: TPM ObiWan vs Maul.webm (720x306, 2.92M)

GOAT

indeed.jpg

You just posted one of the worst scenes while trying desperately to praise the movie.
Bravo.

gotta argue with that OP. lets take new Mad Max - the action sequences were very very choppy, but they were entertaining as well. my main gripe with action scenes in AoTC that they were not visceral, they looked rehearsed and hence sometimes lacking. take for example Moria battle in LotR, Mad Max scenes mentioned above or even fucking ESB fight scenes. you could clearly see the characters straining themselves in the fight, being desperate and even clumsy sometimes - utterly lacking in AotC action scenes.

Imagine how much seething you'd have to go through to type of a post like that. Imagine being mad that people enjoy a movie you don't like. Imagine seething that they are passionately discussing a movie you don't like. Imagine entering threads about films you don't like just so you can get mad at people liking it.

That scene is so great.

You really feel the combination of rage and loss he is experiencing when he bursts out from the Ray shields.

I also love how few cuts there are in this fight scene. Good fight scenes don't need Shakey cam with lots of edits

There are actually frenchies who in earnest battle each other with sturdy plexi lightsabers.
It ends up looking like an absolutely gey mix of fencing and Kendo.

Again, Lucas did nothing wrong.

>IT AIN'T SHEEV

Attached: 1484379336556.webm (1176x500, 1.31M)

My Arc is my favorite X-wing miniature!

Attached: ARC-170.gif (600x388, 3.81M)

What's up with France and Star Wars?

I took a holiday there a few years back and saw people were Star Wars theemd stuff everywhere. I thought Frencies were artfags and sophisticated. Yet I saw (hot as fuck) teenage girls walking around with Star Wars prequel t shirts in like 2016. The amount of random people wearing non ST/Disney themed Star Wars stuff in France was too much to just be a coincidence, and now this.

Acrobatics is not good action. This is what children do when they imagine themselves as swordsmen, flailing sticks around. You can tell as you're watching that they're just hitting marks. You root for them because you hope that they execute it right, the same way you are captivated by musicians playing a difficult sequence. There is no sense of any spontaneity, of any presence of mind, of any choices being made. The only reason this fight is compelling is the music.

Nah. I honestly never understood how OT fags could delude themselves into believing the fights in the PT were bad. But here we are.

The delusion is strong with you. That end fight scene is fucking nail biting and better than the Luke vs Vader fight in ESB by a country mile. All your fucking arguments fall of flat ears if you just watch the scenes together. It honestly feels like people judge the PT by completely different metrics as they judge literally any other film in existence. There is a double standard. People thought the Matrix had cool fights and Neo was an OP god at the end. The PT fights were fucking great you nostalgia blinded retards.

The prequels get a lot better as soon as you view them from the perspective that they're basically Roger Rabbit with CGI instead of drawings. They're not amazing movies although still WAY better than nuwars, but people beat them down a lot worse than they otherwise would because they're too honed in on the CGI and it takes them out of the story.

if you cut the ENTIRE love subplot from the movie aotc is actually decent but thats like cutting out an hour from the movie so you be the judge

Alternatively you add in the deleted scenes on naboo and it almost redeems the whole love arc

what is this? deleted naboo scenes?

Each PT film has a shit ton of really good deleted scenes. George should have gotten over his 2 hour film autism and released 3 hour extended editions of all three PT films. ROTS particularly had a shit ton of cuts scenes.

ATTACK OF THE KEKS

what's that supposed to mean

Not him or OP. I agree with OP that Lucas reliably films good action scenes. The main issue with prequel scenes is the lack of emotion and character stuff. The factory scene in AotC just goes on too long without any character development or plot points (just Anakin losing his lightsaber, which also foreshadows what's going to happen to that arm).

Some of my favorite action scenes:

- Shootout in Heat (youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=QQNBg6I29gI)
- Train scene in Spider-Man 2 (Raimi)
- Duel between the two girl characters in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (youtube.com/watch?v=G-V1Pbz4W2Y)
- Kill Bill Crazy 88 scene.
- Battle of Helm's Deep in The Two Towers.
- Battle of Yavin / Death Star 1
- Battle of Hoth
- Luke vs Vader (both ESB and RotJ duels)
- The Duellists (youtube.com/watch?v=LOcxnQRUhMM)
- Rob Roy (youtube.com/watch?v=27M5KWI_q50)
- Bane

fwiw I have not watched many Kung-fu movies I'm sure there are some great action scenes I don't know about.

The problems with PT action scenes are really issues with narrative or inappropriate humor. Lack of good stakes, not enough tension, a bit long in some cases, or some questionable decisions such as having child-Anakin win the entire Battle of Naboo by accident. There's also some valid critiques about overuse of CGI in some instances.

But in general I ignore anyone who just outright calls them trash. They have great detail and clarity and are entertaining to watch.

>THEY ARENT EVEN TRYING TO HIT EACH OTHER MOST OF THE TIME

>what's stage combat?
There's not a single swordfight in movie history where the fight coordinator would let even a small chance of actors getting injured.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvppp......BWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Even sound design has gone to shit

Attached: 0gbakdk365wy.jpg (1920x1648, 481K)

Lucas sound design has always been top-notch.

Looks like concept art came to life 1:1. It's pretty, but very obviously fake.

They're artfags and that's precisely why they love Star Wars, but mostly the prequels.
It's honestly not hard to see why, it's full of amazing designs, and when you're watching a foreign movie, bad acting doesn't really matter that much.

Based Frogs. So true kino connuesuers like the Frogs liked the PT but dumbass burgers can't wrap the heads around why Palpatine would kipnap himself and want to go back to muh monomyth hero self inserts.

Next you're going to tell me they don't really punch, shoot, or crash cars into each other.

>the delusion is strong with you
How do you take yourself seriously?

Attached: final frontier.jpg (1024x768, 303K)

Attack of the Clones is brilliant. Aside from the romance subplot, there is nothing bad in the film except for some badly-aged cgi and awkward dialogue.

Yeah, that's how it goes. Even in the OT they're swinging way away from anywhere they might hit each other.

Attached: it's all real.webm (500x212, 2.28M)

i agree with your post but thats a bad example, he wasnt trying to kill luke there.

You never wield a weapon unless your intent is to kill.

>wastes half of the movie on some stupid romace

thats not the jedi way m7
thats not even the sith way.
theres a kenshin reference in there somewhere.

Attached: kenshin_himura.png (576x432, 359K)

Ahhhhhh yes, the so underrated exquisite choreography of AOTC

Attached: aaaaaand START SWINGING.jpg (1920x1080, 182K)

Looks fucking retarded.

Bass Battle

youtube.com/watch?v=utFRqsT61-k

Great ship but I've always hated the turrets.
The gunner is so incredibly exposed for no reason and they always feel like they're about to snap away from the ship turning too harshly.

Bas(s)ed.

isnt this tthe one where the emperor fights a war against himself for control of a galaxy he already had controlof

The intellectual powerhouse of prequel haters is on full display with this post.

Still Bob Anderson here is swinging way over Hamill's head cause that's how you do it in stage combat.

Sidenote, Hamill on the other hand hits Anderson straight in the neck around 0:29. Then sparks start to fly from Vader's shoulder.

Who else here liked the PT as a kid, got gaslighted into thinking they were bad and now realizes it was great all along?

Attached: 1534135630779.gif (498x340, 3.96M)

feels wrong to see jedi charging with the clones into what is essentially just a massive blaster fight

Yeah same here. Loved the movies so much, watched them all in theaters, watched them on DVD hundreds of times. Then I grew up, during Uni someone got me to watch RLM's reviews. I hadn't watched either the PT or the OT for years at that point. Seriously hurt to see and made me doubt the PT, thought maybe I just had childhood nostalgia for them. Now I am going back rewatching them again for the first time in ages, and realizing RLM are just butthurt nerd shits. The PT was always good. All the RLM criticisms are trash. The PT is smarter than the OT.

jesus christ how pathetic you manchildren can be
stop watching capeshit and starshit

Anyone else actually find themselves liking old CGI now? The cleanness and unreality of it all. I think it has it's own kind of charm. It's just odd to look at. Gives things more of a fantastical alien quality. It's also quaint in it's own way, like old stop motion effects. It takes you back to that particular window in time when "computer animation" was still exciting.

Ahhh yes, such "exciting" visuals.

Attached: cartoon network screencap.jpg (1920x1080, 115K)

>MFW the Geonosis Arena/Geonosian Hangar scenes would have been 20x better if Grievous and Ventress were already established at that point and appeared there

In other news, Anakin

Attached: Vv7nQnp.jpg (1814x852, 797K)

That's pretty good for 2002. Remember competing films at this time period were The Mummy 2 and Scorpion King.

>doesn't remember all the buzz over "those clever things they can do with computers now".
I'm sorry you're a zoomer.

Take something like Lexx
youtu.be/Vo6ebIy4COw
The fact that the CGI has that cold unreal look to it, actually helps the weird atmosphere of the show. If they made it now, with modern tech, it wouldn't work in quite the same way.

All the PT films only had relatively small 115 million dollar budgets too, and consider the amount of VFX shots in them, compared to the smaller amount of VFX shots in other hollywood films at the time, it's honestly amazing how good the PT looks.

Attached: harry-potter-and-the-mummy-2.jpg (1920x4848, 1.42M)

>Empire is the only good Star Wars fi-

Attached: 1442262231259.jpg (286x286, 38K)

RotS broke the world record for the number of VFX shots used too.

Tell me this stuff isn't beautiful in it's own way. The fact that it doesn't look at all real helps. It's an alien place, and I want to go there.

Attached: 250px-035Clefairy.png (728x410, 590K)

I love PS1 and PS2 era aesthetics.

I also remember an interview where he said he actually had a lot of fun with greenscreen action scenes, since he could make it into a game with pretending all the stuff that was supposed to happen around him.

compare and contrast with that attempted epic long take in TLJ where Kylo and Rey are fighting the guards

>Aim above the fuel cells

If the clones seriously would have to be told something this obvious they must have the worst fucking training imaginable.
If the ship design allows the fuel cells to be easily targeted, the ships must have the worst fucking design imaginable.

>This movie
>A few years later age of mythology comes out
good times user

Attached: comfy goat.jpg (630x631, 45K)

i'm not an anti CGI person but I felt almost nothing during any of the droid/clone battles in AOTC

literally me

Maul vs Obi-wan is the only good prequel saber fight in my opinion. Here's my long winded blog post on the prequel saber fights.

Dooku vs Wonder Twins is pretty boring visually, and never really has much tension because Dooku just effortlessly dumpsters them.
Yoda vs Dooku is just silly.
Dooku vs Wonder Twins round 2 is better, because you've got the memory of the original fight to add a little gravitas, but Hayden's wooden acting really kills any drama (and the whole comedic tone of the ship section clashes badly).
Obi-wan vs Grievous is kind of cool (the initial spectacle of 4 sabers), but Grievous just looks like such a pushover the whole time it feels kind of pointless.
Sheev vs Mace doesn't last long enough to get good. Sheev is of course excellent in his scenes.
Yoda vs Sheev has the same problem; too short. A couple more minutes of fight for them with more force power feats and it would be god tier.
Obi-wan vs Anakin would be great if it wasn't so fucking long. Has plenty of good imagery, choreography, and intensity but after the ten minute mark I find myself checking my watch, or hitting skip.

The Scorpion King in Mummy 2 was NEVER considered good. It looked like shit even on VHS and everyone knew it. Meanwhile people acted as if the prequels had good effects.

Maybe when you watched them for the first time in 2010.

>tfw grew up with the dogshit CG of the 90's
>people call this terrible
It was a fucking marvel to me when I saw it the first time. I was thrilled with how realistic CGI had become, when things like Jonny Quest's virtual reality and WarCraft 2's cutscenes were still fresh in my mind.

I'm baffled by how some people tear into it as if it's some of the worst pile of crap they've ever seen. Even if today's CGI has become much better, this is still far from horrible.

Attached: jonnyquest.png (640x480, 226K)

If it weren't for the eyes, it looks on par with modern CG.

Maybe that's the reason they were replaced by stormtroopers. Because they were dumb.

>tfw the arena was all a sex metaphor
based lucas

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1780x1246, 93K)

Obi and Ani had never seen Clones in battle, it was a suggestion, in case. I'm sure the clones knew what to do.

And look at pic related, it's considered one of the best designed tanks of the war.

Attached: Look at the drums on the side.jpg (2048x1536, 1.39M)

I also never understood the intense hate for it not amazing but not that horrible either

hhhhahhahahahahahahahahahah why did you speed this shit up? is this 2x speed? jesus christ

YES you are correct. Burger King had lots of adds of AoTC. I remember them.

The editing, The sound design. All lacking in Nuwars. AOTC was for the most part ass but it had some great sequences...and most of all still felt like SW. youtube.com/watch?v=3ME5jhsgmB4

good thread

I hate how we're obliged to praise unremarkable action movies like john wick or mad max reddit road but we're not allowed to enjoy podracing.

I never knew anyone hated them until I began browsing youtube in like 2006.

All the detective Obi-Wan stuff is great.

Your opinion is fucking dumb that's what I think

I remember being 7 years old when this piece of shit came out. I was already a big Star Wars fan having watched the OT and Phantom Menace countless times. I remember being so excited for this movie. I sat in the theater absolutely hating it. It was one of the most painful theater experiences I ever had. Yeah the Jedi arena shit was cool but now it feels hollow as fuck. I’ve tried my fucking damndest to like this movie. I really want to like it. It’s paced like absolute garbage. The story hardly moves along and for some reason it’s the longest movie in the franchise. ROTS covers a fuck ton, is better paced, and is still shorter. It’s staggering how bad they fucked AOTC up. Not only that but the soundtrack is undoubtedly Williams weakest. Battle Beyond the Stars or whatever it’s called isn’t that great of a theme compared to the likes of Duel of the Fates and most of it is recycled from TPM. The CGI is also somehow worse than TPM. Fuck this movie.

This scene blew my fucking ears in the theater. The projectionist had also cranked up the sound really hard for some reason. Best sound experience I've ever had watching a movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=3ME5jhsgmB4

And to add to that point.

Attached: A2978755-7D8F-412E-97E1-03C956BA61F0.png (640x480, 364K)

>ship in space casually lets go of something
>it not only doesn't keep following the ship, it actually flies off in the opposite direction

Myst is kino

Based and bonepilled

Attached: B1B02265-D6AE-464A-86D7-FD167E58F749.jpg (640x480, 39K)

inb4 there's no sound in space

TITE PADME TUMMY MAKE ME CUMMY

Attached: 1547570451240.jpg (660x525, 62K)

Padme and Anakin was one of the many things that gave me an /ss/ fetish.

ANY DROID THAT RUNS IS A CIS
ANY DROID THAT STAND STILL IS A WELL PROGRAMMED CIS

wtf how did he do that?

This is a really unbelievable story. I was 10 and AOTC blew my mind. I fucking loved it.

If it’s any consolation, I was 10 when ROTS came out and thought it was the best thing ever. AOTC was just horrible.

Honestly my favorite game of all time.

same. I was 8 and loved it (and obviously loved rots too)

don't think I ever got a chance to see TPM on a big screen

I don't believe anyone could be bored by the speeder chase on corsucant, the beast fight, the battle of geonosis, jango vs obi wan, or the asteroid fight.

The only decent action sequence is Obi-Wan vs Jango and it's easily the best one in the PT since it's the only one that actually resembles a real fight.

Attached: Let it go.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

You fucking imbecile boomers realize you're only nostaljerking about this shit movies, right? God damn it, LORD OF THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING RINGS CAME OUT DURING THIS EGO TRIP OF A TRILOGY, THERE WAS NO EXCUSE.

Because JJ Abrams and friends are unable to know that the universe is big and they just have ZERO sense of scale. Because of that, we get shit like the starkiller beam being visible across the entire universe like in the Force Awakens or the """"""battle""""" between half dozen of ships in the Last Jedi.

based ad men

Attached: mad men.png (757x429, 470K)

>7 years old
>painful theater experience
wat

I was a kid at the time too, and literally everyone I knew loved it. Classmates and friends babbled about it all the damn time. The clone facility, Bobba's father, Anakin's first big step towards the Dark Side, the jedis in the arena, Yoda's fight with Dooku, and the ending battle. It was a spectacle and a half, and we all loved seeing the Clone War begin.

Attached: 5352092-0829804684-sw_lg.jpg (1920x1080, 105K)

I remember watching it and feeling like something about it was off. I think it was the awkward Anakin/Obi-Wan dynamic that just tainted the whole thing from the start for me. The chase on Coruscant was visually interesting but that’s about the extent of it. Anakin just coming off like a jackass the whole time ruined it. The beast fight was bloated and boring. When the Jedi came in then it finally started to grab my attention. The battle of Geonosis literally lasts like 4 minutes. Jango and Obi-Wan has good and also completely stupid moments. Like his rocket and lasers from the ship hitting Obi-Wan in the feet and it does jack shit to him. Asteroid field had awesome sound design and that was it. Droid Factory was straight up retarded George Lucas approved slapstick that feels awkwardly edited in some areas. Anakin’s ourburst about killing the sand people just came off as over dramatic and uncomfortable. Don’t even get me started on cutting a fucking pear with the force. It’s just awful. In ROTS the Obi-Wan/Anakin dynamic feels right. It starts out super bro and then through politics and resentment it turns into tragedy. It’s insanely better than anything in AOTC.

Does the rest of the galaxy even care that the First Order and Resistance are killing each other? Sure doesn't feel like it.
The whole thing makes Leia look like some bloodthirsty lunatic that can't accept that galaxy is at peace and she just wants to perpetuate the war cause that's all she know so she's looking for a conflict. Like Punished Snake in a galaxy far far away.

>you will never hear this sound effect in a theater
youtube.com/watch?v=erFcYsC6JaY

I like the shots with the clones where it looked like a handheld cam, a little shaky and then would zoom in really fast. I never noticed this before. I’ve come to terms with the prequels finally and this, the worst of the lot, was actually not a bad movie. Not as bad as I remembered. I enjoyed the same things as you pointed out

I was that weird kid that tried to like it. I didn’t even buy the DVD when it released. I literally had the OT, TPM, and ROTS. Clone Factory was tacked on slapstick shit that makes an already bloated movie even more bloated, Anakin kills people and goes on an over-the-top rant, Jedi in the arena was cool, Yoda fighting Dooku at the time was cool to see but it doesn’t fit Yoda from the OT at all. Should’ve saved that as a last resort thing for when he fights Sidious. Ending battle was like 4 minutes. The Battlefront level was more fulfilling.

Not that guy but have you seen wuxia?
youtube.com/watch?v=YhCHw0Ovqf4

>Lack of good stakes, not enough tension
What.

I wouldn't call the clone factory tacked on. It was necessary in one way or another. Where else would the clone troops come from?
Anakin's breakdown never bothered me either. I suppose you could say Hayden's acting could've been better or his lines could've been written differently, but as a character moment it makes sense to me.
I guess I can see your point about keeping Yoda's fight for the final movie. Would've made it an even more climactic reveal. But him being a fierce fighter suits me fine. It was good to see how he was actually a force to be reckoned with, as we only got to see the knowledgeable teacher-like side of him in the OT.

Oh fuck I thought you meant the Droud Factory. My bad. Clone Factory was cool. That stuff was neat. Kamino is visually amazing and Temeura Morrison is great but way too underused.

*Droid

i'll be honest and say this is the only scene/bunch of shots in the entire saga that perfectly encapsulates the absolutely MASSIVE scale of the battles in the Star Wars universe
the only other one that can maybe compare is the opening scene over Coruscant in ROTS

Attached: 1523048009121.webm (900x379, 1.89M)

Yeah, nobody really cared about the droid factory. I don't remember anyone hating it but I can't remember anyone loving it either. The arena was much more entertaining.

God damnit I wish it was the 90s again

Lucas was an idea man and that's all he is. He's a subpar director and a horrible editor. You can thank his ex-wife for saving "A New Hope" with her superior editing skills. In the end he took credit for the work of skilled filmmakers and ruined their hard work with his bullshit retreading. I honestly don't even think he understands the franchise he created.

which of the 400 retarded YouTube channels spewing that same exact shit posted this?

I was just about to say, when will this meme about his ex wife die? He literally had two professional editors on the film. Why would you even assume he was in charge of editing himself?

>it's another marcia fag

Marcia edited ONE (1) scene in ANH. At least try to give credit to the two professional editors working with Lucas on ANH.

Also nice trying to erase the fact that Lucas is one of the most groundbreaking editors in the industry, patenting many editing techniques and technologies and paving the way for digital editing. But no, suck Marcia's cunt for doing some slight touch ups on one scene though.

Except Rogue One did action far better.

Most of AotC was completely retarded. Like Jedi being slaughtered like a bunch of complete retards.

rogue one is for senile retards and soibois, i'm sorry for your shit taste

Imagine having taste this bad.

Nice trips, also I'm curious, what scene did she edit?

Trench run

>let's just charge them like it's fucking XIV century

I hated this shit even as a kid. Designs are good but it's completely retarded.

>SOME CLONES WERE BORN
>MADE TO FLY THE LAAT

Attached: 1541365409323.jpg (583x438, 49K)

>I was just about to say, when will this meme about his ex wife die
zoomers have started parroting it because of a clickbait youtube video "how star wars was saved in the edit" or some crap like that. top tier cringe.

that's basically all they can do, the transports are out in the open. they're trying to hit them with the gunships and long-range artillery, might as well send in the infantry and armor as well to keep up the pressure and potentially hit some of the factories from the ground

Padme should have been naked in every scene

By far the biggest sin that mouse wars have commited is that they made a shitload of retards look fondly on the garbage called prequels

Third act of R1 looks like real war not cringe garbage made by 12y olds.

PT apologists are fucking monkeys. Yes TLJ was trash far worse than any prequel but PT as a whole was also complete shit that gave us Midichlorians and 20 million Boba Fetts.

No reason to send infantry at all when you have the ships, air force and artillery. It's basically wasting millions of troops for no reason at all.

Did anyone else like how Lucas used the Jedi in the PT as a tool to explore, and kinda deconstruct DnD Paladins in a mainstream film.

Watch this youtube.com/watch?v=68dvgRT3Kx8 and see how Lucas describes the force in amazing detail. And how the light side is inhuman levels of goodness, with unattainable high standards. Yet the Jedi were so dogmatic they forced everyone to adhere to these inhuman standards, and for Anakin it was magnified as he was the chosen one. Anyone who watches the PT and thinks Anakin isn't an emotionally repressed, highly stunted and hurt young man, held to impossibly high standards by the Jedi order, who is afraid to disappoint, he has the weight of the prophecy on him, he has to hold himself to literally inhuman levels of good and selflessness at all times. He was expected to be literally a messiah, completely selfless and in trying to attain this he burned out and crashed hard. He was not allowed to be a human. He was not allowed to develop properly. But since he came to the order late, he had already tasted it, and remembered true humanity before the order. The PT deconstruction of the Jedi are a decadent order of extremists is honestly kino as fuck. I like how he showed not just that the Republic was corrupt and decaying, but he also BTFO'd all the Jedi wankery infecting the EU and subtly showed the flaws of the Jedi by being too extreme and dogmatic and rigid in their thinking, denying their humanity in the process. Anakin must have suffered greatly.

This kek. I like how George said there is no underwear in Star Wars. So we know Padme has no bra or panties on in all her scenes.

only double digit iq mouth breathers made it to the third act of R1

Attached: anakin-and-palpatine.jpg (1456x816, 116K)

they could just focus their efforts on shooting down the gunships. plus if the clones didn't attack then the CIS could just push forward and contest the landing zones

>PT as a whole was also complete shit that gave us Midichlorians

This is how you spot an OT shitter. They are still mad their wandering Buddhist Ronin headcanon got BTFO'd. And I am so glad it did. Fuck that headcanon. Midichlorians are based.

Also clones being clones of Jango was a great choice.

>but he also BTFO'd all the Jedi wankery infecting the EU
there's definitely none of that in the EU, at least not in the prequel-era EU

Posting this while defending prequels is some amazing irony.

Yeah because PT EU was based and written alongside the films. I meant the post ROTJ OT EU where all Jedi's become super heroes.

>implying the prequels need defending
Hhahahahhahahaha

Attached: almonds (2).jpg (600x381, 29K)

>There's no spectacle here.
Truish but this is actually a scene with a solid point. Nitpicking the visuals here is not wrong, just bitchy and annoying. This scene effectively conveys the size and scope of the army and the implications thereof. Anyone watching at the time would recognize the proto storm troopers and proto star destroyers. They'd also see the reactions of Palpatine and his lackeys contrasted with Bail Organa's.

Only a turbo autist would find this scene offensively bad. Of course it would have had a much greater impact if they'd made it look more realistic, but it's good enough for the vast majority.

I hate the amount of simpleton retards attracted to this series. I don't get me wrong, I love all 6 Star Wars films. But man these series is way too popular for it's own good and attracts bottom of the barrel simpletons to the point you can't even discuss the internal lore of the series without said simpletons sperging out and not understanding anything beyond face value.

Star Wars really is capeshit before capeshit. Attracts way too many mental midgets that ruin it for everyone else.

>yfw there are actually Simps out there who don't understand/get triggered by Kreia

>They are still mad their wandering Buddhist Ronin headcanon got BTFO'd. And I am so glad it did. Fuck that headcanon. Midichlorians are based.
Christ it embarrasses me to be defending the prequels in a thread with retards like this. There's nothing really wrong with Midichlorians, specifically because they don't preclude anything like a "Buddhist Ronin" Jedi. Hell, if anything Qui-Gon is the closest fucking thing to a Buddhist Ronin in the entire fucking Lucas canon. He's the ideal Jedi and his death signals the beginning of the fall.

God damn contrarian brainlets are annoying.

I'm talking about those fags who are mad that the Jedi got a temple and are centralized and aren't exactly like they were in the OT, scattered and hiding. Somehow, Midichlorians factor into this in their brainlet minds even though it really changes nothing other than explain why not everyone can be a Jedi. I agree with you otherwise.

The mental gymnastics needed to hate on the prequel lightsaber fights is funny.

I agree with your general point, but:
>Star Wars really is capeshit before capeshit.
It really isn't. Star Wars an epic warfare and fantasy/sci-fi adventure story. The fundamental premise of capeshit virtually always revolves around a person with super powers either fighting crime or a contrived supervillain and always take place in the modern world. It's heavily power fantasy and cartoon conflicts. Star Wars isn't.

Think about how many times Luke uses superpowers in A New Hope. Literally two times: blocking a couple of shots with the blast visor down and aiding his final shot on the exhaust port (something he was verbally established to be good at already). It's not written like a capeshit movie at all. You have a fantasy/sci-fi setting with two clear warring factions with only vague similarities to anything in real life.

Sure but you have to admit that the "taking children from birth to be trained in the Jedi temple" is taking that concept much further than was necessary.

No, not at all.

Not necessarily. A big point of Light Side vs. Dark Side was the idea of Hard Work vs. Quick Payoff, which means you gotta invest time if you want to be good as a Light Side user.

And it made sense since the Jedi we see in the prequels, people who have been trained for years and years, are MUCH more powerful force-users and capable saber-fighters than Luke was in RotJ.

I know I love Star Wars. But half the fanbase wants it to devolve into capeshit. The parts you describe have always been the best parts. I always loved the non Jedi characters as they weren't as OP, and I liked how Lucas made them overbearing Paladins in the PT to the dismay of all the Jedi wankers in the fanbase of the OT.

I know Modern capeshit really treads new ground in how low something can get, but what most OT fags and Simps took away from the Star Wars wasn't the cool world, it wasn't the imagination rich universe full of possibilities. No it was the stale hero's journey. Which while pulled of stunningly well in Star Wars. Is still kinda boring. Really, when I said Star Wars was capeshit before capeshit, I meant it had a fanbase full of simpleton idiots. I wasn't talking about the films themselves. I mean look how the capeshit fanbase reacted when Snyder tried to insert something truly interesting and intelligent into that genre. They revolted. They are anti intellectual simpletons who want an endless repeat of their OP self insert hero's journey with super black and white morality where everything is spelled out or them. It's the same reason why half the fanbase revolted over the PT. People couldn't take/handle that Lucas criticised the Jedi, so they had to pretend the films were "dumb" or something, because there was no way in their mind the film could be saying Jedi were wrong in any way. I fucking hate sharing this fanbase with fucking simps.

>being a prequel child and a snyder faggot
How to easily tell someone can count their IQ on their fingers.

I always loved that movie. Especially the first half of it. I know that assassination plotlines got a lot of hate, but to me that chase after an assassin on the streets of Coruscant was the best part. It was the first time we actually saw streets and city life of a major planet up close. It really gave me strong Blade Runner vibe.

I don't even watch capeshit, I just know Snyder tried to raise the IQ requirement for understanding his capeshit from 0 to at least 1 IQ point and fanbase raged against him for excluding too many fans in this manner. The same people who got angry at Snyder for at least attempting to make something resembling art with capeshit are the same retards who hate the PT or misinterpret the PT as something it's not.

>what most OT fags and Simps took away from the Star Wars wasn't the cool world, it wasn't the imagination rich universe full of possibilities.
No, it just looks that way because J.J. Abrams is a hack that can't write an original story and you clearly put way too much weight shit that RLM says (especially Rich and Jay).
>look how the capeshit fanbase reacted when Snyder tried to insert something truly interesting and intelligent into that genre
Please. Snyder's movies aren't even close to intelligent, that's the problem with them. They don't resonate with anyone but pseudo-intellectual edgelords who mistake cheap shock value and cynicism for real depth and intelligent writing.

>PTfag
>Snyderfag
>Reddit spacing
This reads like an elaborate falseflag to make PTfags look like complete pseuds.
>Complains that OTfags missed the point by finding the “childish” hero’s journey to be the main takeaway point from Star Wars
>”I wanted [Star Wars] to be a traditional moral study, to have some sort of palpable precepts in it that children could understand. There is always a lesson to be learned. Where do these lessons come from? Traditionally, we get them from church, the family, art, and in the modern world we get them from media—from movies.” He added, “Everyone teaches in every work of art. In almost everything you do, you teach, whether you are aware of it or not. Some people aren’t aware of what they are teaching. They should be wiser. Everybody teaches all the time.” - George Lucas
So, pretty much exactly what George would have wanted then.

The way they praised JJ's shit was disgusting though.

And as I said, I don't actually watch capeshit, I just used the Snyder backlash as an example an thought BvS trailer looked interesting for capeshit. But to be honest, even cheap shock value and cynical edgyness is better than the bland focus group feeling of capeshit.

Yes that was a lesson for children. If you as an adult are still seriously grappling with that you have problems. George himself moved beyond that with the PT.

wrong. this movie, like all the prequels sequels and special editions is a piece of red hot shit. stop peddling these turds.

>tried to raise the IQ requirement
Competent artists presume an intelligent audience but still try to make their content as accessible and entertaining as is appropriate for whatever the genre.

You know how Mozart is considered one of the greatest composers in the Western canon, right? Part of his genius is the accessibility. He wrote melodies that were perfectly tasteful, with just enough simplicity to be enjoyable by everyone and just enough complexity, novelty, and subversion to appeal to the most discriminating audiences. And he has great range. There's typical fare like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=VMbW9cMTKD0

But Mozart could also be dark if necessary:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xy2Lk5ZcPlQ

Snyder on the other hand, only seems to be able to do edgy shit.

>ACO
Is that suppose to represent AOTC?

>George himself moved beyond that with the PT.
He tried to. With decidedly mixed success.

I don't care faggot. I don't watch capeshit. Did you not read my follow up post. Shit on him all you want. I simply used Snyder as an example of someone tying to lift capeshit from the depths it's in. I don't care if he did it in an edgy manner, I don't care if he failed or succeeded. I do not, and never will lower myself to watching capetrash.

He succeeded.

Based. The movie is dumb as rocks but the geonosis scenes in particular are very well executed from an action perspective.

>lesson for children
You can find lessons in both the PT and OT Star Wars that children can easily understand easily but there are also lessons that children won’t fully appreciate until they mature. The lessons that Lucas put in have come from what he learned and felt from his own life and struggles. You’ll find untapped maturity and pain in there. Anyways, George never implied in that interview that these lessons were meant exclusively for children. Simple enough that children could grasp sure, but that doesn’t rule out adults too. In fact when he says:
>”Some people aren’t aware of what they are teaching. They should be wiser. Everybody teaches all the time.”
He means that there are “teachers” out there who are consciously or unconsciously teaching wrong or harmful things through their art. Like he said, everyone (from children to older people), should be wiser, and in Star Wars, there’s always a lesson for the audience to learn from.
>”The story being told in Star Wars is about the heroes who have the ideals that we as a society would like to possess.” - George Lucas
Same thing applies to the PT as well. The only difference is that, unlike Luke, Anakin wasn’t the role model in his story.

Attached: Kao Cen Darach and Satele Shan vs Lord Vindican and Malgus.webm (1000x562, 2.96M)

>Did you not read my follow up post
No because I was busy writing the response to the other post.
>I don't watch capeshit
Right, you just watch youtube drama and generate grand narratives in your head based on shitposts and reddit. That's far more pathetic than enjoying simple capeshit, user.

I don't disagree with any of this, but I still think the fanbase is full of insufferable simpletons and psueds.

I don't watch Youtube crap really either, well certainly not on capeshit. I might watch Georg Rockall Smit sometimes. Just sometimes if I am bored. I don't really spend a lot of time on youtube.

yes, at all. It's pointlessly limiting for a galaxy-scale setting.
Not that you can't have ANY child trainees, but that level of rigidity just breaks immersion. Only the dumbest or most gullible can suspend disbelief that far.

>means you gotta invest time
That doesn't mean "8 years old is too old to begin training," which is what the PT gave us.

Jesus Christ you are a piece of work. You flat out admit you lack any of the requisite knowledge to make any of the posts you have made, yet you continue to post.

At 8 you have tasted emotion. It's why Anakin felt repressed.

How is it limiting?

Why? The Jedi are all about being these pseudo-Buddhist Monks. No earthly attachments. They get kids early because those kids have no attachments to family or a life outside the Order.

wtf are the guys on the left doing lmao

>When you spend your entire budget on cinematic trailers

Attached: 1546845164904.webm (854x480, 2.86M)

>You flat out admit you lack any of the requisite knowledge to make any of the posts

Oh yeah I forgot it was required to watch capetrash before watching Star Wars.

KYS. I've seen all of George's films. I've seen real kino by other kinomakers. I don't need to watch capetrash. The fanbase is shit and actually thinks Star Wars is deep outside of the PT lore.

Why has nobody posted the fag from Sopranos yet? This thread sucks.

For me, following jedi's around while they do jedi shit with their lightsabers and powers is why I watch Star Wars.

Ironic.... Somehow the prequels that focused on the politics of the SW, was less political then the Disney SW anf had better action.

Attached: 1550759240647.png (1000x1000, 216K)

>outside of the PT lore
What about old republic era?

Well for one obvious example it means you can't reasonably tell any story involving legitimate Jedi training of a force-sensitive character that is old enough to be interesting (such as Luke Skywalker) during the old republic era.
>At 8 you have tasted emotion. It's why Anakin felt repressed
Children have emotions from the moment they are born. Learning to regulate them is a natural part of development. Also, the point isn't that it's not at all plausible that there might be some benefit to training as a Jedi from as young an age as possible, the problem is canonizing it as the only legitimate and accepted way to do it.

Wtf lmao

Attached: 1550727455695.jpg (512x564, 41K)

This. Is it ever expanded on how the Jedi attain children? What happens if one isn't a right fit? Sent back to parents? These kids are raised without a mum and a dad. The Jedi are so inhuman. I find them really interesting in this manner. I want to know more.

Do Jedi just go and pick up kids with high midichlorian counts from hospitals or something? Are they like an orphanage? Do the parents have any choice on if their child stays when them or becomes a Jedi? What if they train someone and give them knowledge of the force and they start getting very emotionally unstable like Anakin, but in the youngling years?

The true redpill is that George did literally nothing wrong and that AOC is not only the best Star Wars film but a cinematic masterpiece in its own right.

ITT zoomers watch attack of the clones on their 20 inch monitors
Kek

> I've seen real kino by other kinomakers
Bullshit lol
>The fanbase is shit and actually thinks
It's quite clear you have absolutely no idea what any part of the fanbase thinks. Again, clining to internal narratives like this is far more pathetic than watching capeshit. In fact you seem to care far more about telling us how much you don't watch capeshit than anything else. A sure sign of a pseud who cares far more about what people think about him than any topic that might actually be interesting.

It's based just like the PT era EU. Honestly the KOTOR era is where the highest concentration of patricians are located in the fanbase due to Kreia and KOTOR 2 alone giving us all a better perspective on the universe, which in turn makes discussion of every other aspect better too.

Attached: 1471961146113.jpg (1696x1462, 705K)

see: There are hundreds of interesting stories you might tell about force-sensitive teenage characters that learn the Jedi way. There are a tiny handful of interesting stories you can tell about a kid that's been brainwashed since age 5.

What's wrong with having some film set in between Ep 1 and 2, or before Ep 1 with a 13-18 year old Padawan learner attached to a master going on diplomatic and sometimes not so diplomatic missions around the galaxy.

It would be like Dune, with 15 year old Paul Atriedes learning from his father Duke Leto and sitting on on his fathers political and strategic meetings. But with Jedi instead.

Well this is the one thing Lucas did better than most this and practical effects, it's a shame he decided to ruin the prequels with CGI that nowadays somehow look worse than the sequels.
CGI age like women.

>the point isn't that it's not at all plausible that there might be some benefit to training as a Jedi from as young an age as possible, the problem is canonizing it as the only legitimate and accepted way to do it.

The point was that the Jedi are decadent in the PT era and deserved order 66.

>Children have emotions from the moment they are born. Learning to regulate them is a natural part of development.

Yes, with parents and a natural upbringing. The Jedi would raise terribly warped people.

Prequels were flawed but they felt like starwars, the new movies just do not have this feel anymore
just a bunch of colorpallet casted morons that run around in shitty sets making cringe jokes and talking about politics on a first grader level

Attached: crazy car lady.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

fantastic choreography, so nice to see action that isn't blighted with 500 seizure inducing jump cuts

What's wrong with having a 13-18 year old force-sensitive character face some kind of interesting life struggle, and then improve their life by becoming a Jedi? What's wrong with having a 30 year old character with an interesting and unique perspective because he has an interesting and unique background, instead of making every Jedi have the exact same background?

The point is, you can struggle to come up with a few different types of stories to tell about the ridiculously rigid prequel Jedi order. You can come up with a huge variety of interesting stories if you just ease of that restriction to something reasonable.

>Is it ever expanded on how the Jedi attain children?
Somewhat. The Clone Wars series has an episode where it's explained that the jedi order sends people to pick up the kids as soon as they're discovered to be force sensitive.
>Do the parents have any choice on if their child stays when them or becomes a Jedi?
The episode doesn't clarify, but I wouldn't expect it. The jedi usually have supreme authority over whatever they're involved with.

>There are a tiny handful of interesting stories you can tell about a kid that's been brainwashed since age 5
Brainwashing failed, a kid that's been kicked out for it. A kid that's only partially brainwashed but really good at hiding it. A kid who's like Anakin and gifted enough that they get lots of leeway. We also have stuff like KOTOR's comic depicting a Padawan who fumbles until he git gud.

>The point was that the Jedi are decadent in the PT era and deserved order 66
The point could have been made just as well without this awkward restriction and you never would have known the difference. You'd have liked the stories just as much as you do now and meanwhile everyone else annoyed by its crude and silly excesses would also get to enjoy it.

I was alrready a teen and the only ones that hated AOTS back then were those old fat guys that were hardcore Star Wars fans.
It's only as you age that you start realizing how bad the movie is.
Most kids these days probably love the new movies at least the ones that were not raised in racist homes like me.

>What's wrong with having a 30 year old character with an interesting and unique perspective because he has an interesting and unique background

Attached: 1485653623434.jpg (920x572, 79K)

Again: 2 stories. Yeah, you can tell the story of a prodigy who gets fucked up by it. The result is a severely limited and far less interesting setting than it could have been with just slightly more tasteful and thoughtful writing.

Because you sperged off at me about Snyder you idiot.

>bullshit lol

Random alphabetical order snap from kino folder. There is some guilty shlock in there, but plenty of kino way above your average Star Wars fans level.

Attached: sneak peak at my kino folder.jpg (1240x796, 462K)

Attached: 1453049125328.png (3099x1700, 3.2M)

Seriously, just shoot the Jedi at the same time in different spots.

RLM fag detected, maybe those guys are just so good thate they constantly try to fade and confuse their opponent ?

But in all seriousness the scene is awsome, if you want to nitpick ok but do not tell me that the og trilogy were it looked like 2 hobos with sticks were fighting had better fights.

>There are hundreds of interesting stories you might tell about force-sensitive teenage characters that learn the Jedi way

Awww look at this, babby can't have his EU full of self insert hero's journey capeshit in space again. Tough.

This, and fucking kino choices. The failed jedi who gets expelled from the order in the Padawan stage is the most interesting one to be honest, as well as the one who hides the fact the brainwashing failed. Are there any EU books that go into this. Also whats the name of the KOTOR comic my fellow patrician?

There's way more examples from there. We can have an apprentice eventually see the outside world and lose the brainwashing. Maybe that child gets spearated from the rest and finds non-jedi friends. We can have a kid who eventually resents the jedi because of it, subconsciously, and that leads to elsewhere. There's lots of stuff that can come from it.

>Also whats the name of the KOTOR comic
Literally just Knights of the Old Republic.

Attached: Kotorhandbookcoverandtitle.jpg (688x1039, 451K)

Thanks. I've added it to my backlog.

There is no fucking way this is real

It might have been made, but made far worse.

>watching anything makes you thing about burger king

Bro, you're fat

It's a prequel to KOTOR taking some time before or at the same time as the Mandalorian Wars. There are appearances by KOTOR characters but it's mostly its own independent story.

Fuck I really need to finish watching Clone Wars. I saw the first two seasons but had to drop as Uni was getting in the way. I guess now's a good time to pick it back up again that S6 is getting finished.

>Jedi literally abduct people

KEK. Now this is interesting. I want to see stories of mad parents taking revenge on the Jedi for their abducted children. Fuck this shit writes itself there are so many interesting scenarios when you don't restrict yourself to morally white and black factions.

If you want that you have the entire post ROTJ EU to play around in. Leave the PT EU as it is. We like out decadent Jedi temple child abductors.

Sounds good. I always wanted more Mandalorian Wars stuff as well.

I want a whole midquel trilogy dealing with this stuff. Or a prequel to the PT dealing with non Skywalker Jedi dealing with what you mentioned. Imagine a Jedi going through an edgy teenage rebellion phase, getting expelled, becoming a dark Jedi for a while, being hunted by the order, but then mellowing out and regretting it in his early 20's, but not being able to go back because of the rigid extremism of the PT era order rejects him and he missed years of training and is now too old to resume. So he has half the knowledge and is vulnerable to people like Sheev, Dooku, Maul, Ventress and such to be corrupted and used.

pleb

Was she right?

Attached: Kreia_art.jpg (980x1436, 106K)

Anyone else feel like buying a delicious Whopper or some classic Burger King Chicken Fries?

You know what is the problem with the Battle of Geonosis? That no one cares about a planet of bugs.

The Score was done brilliantly aswell; perfect timing.

>War and Peace 1956
>Not the 1965 Boйнa и ми 8 hour films
You dun goofed.

I hope to fucking god they add the hooded Anakin skin

There was no one left to tell George "no" by that point. He's a natural fucking cornball.

Alphabetical.

OT fags (Gen Xers and Boomers) ruined Star Wars. They’re loving the Sequel Trilogy because of all the references to the OT.

>Tie Fighters and X-Wings!
>Han and Chewie!
>Thank you for letting me relive muh childhood Disney!

>Acrobatics is not good action
Since when?

Attached: Luke does a backflip.webm (1280x548, 2.32M)

Attached: Luke does a good trick.webm (1280x548, 1.68M)

Attached: Luke ESB Flip.webm (1280x548, 2.56M)

it did nothing for me and was completely depressed after watching those shitty prequals in cinema at the time, that's the only thing i remember
>The action sequences are superb
shame you don't care what's happening on screen because everything else is so fucking stupid

Holy shit, imagine being an OT fag and seeing this, no wonder they hated the BD's, it exposed all their lies. This isn't slow, this isn't moody, this isn't emotionally heavy at all. It's literally George trying to attempt the PT in the 80's. It still looks cool but nowhere near as good as PT fights.

OT fags are too used to 240p blurry VHS tapes and probably didn't even notice all this was going on.

Attached: Luke force jump.webm (1280x548, 2.25M)

Yeah IIRC George quite literally said that each film they were speeding up the choreography the best they could and do more, but they were held back by the technology, particularly the lightsabers because they kept breaking if hit too hard

Attached: Luke ROTJ Flip.webm (1280x548, 2.93M)

Attached: Obi-Wan does a good trick 1.webm (1280x548, 1.8M)

Kek at this one. I haven't actually seen the OT on BD myself yet. I watched them hundreds of times on DVD and watched the theatrical versions on VHS a few times. I never noticed the force jump here.

kek he looks like fuckin superman

God I hate 90sborn queers.

Don't worry, everyone hates 70's born manchildren way more.

Only 90sborn queers do, and they're not really people so it doesn't count.

>OTfags seriously think

>look anywhere near as good as webm related

Attached: Anakin vs Obi-Wan 02.webm (1280x548, 2.93M)

>and they're not really people

It all depends on if you consider ubermensch people or higher beings really.

>burger king
>NOT TACO BELL
The fuck is wrong with you user? Although, I suppose TPM colored my fast food frame of reference. God... I remember collecting those little cardboard pog things to win big... I WAS SO CLOSE. I do miss the comfy ads from back in the day:
youtube.com/watch?v=VZvHIeMZG_g

Attached: Taco-Bell-Won-the-Franchise-War.jpg (684x528, 85K)

It's untermensch you retard. You used the wrong term. And no, I don't. No one born after the fall of the Berlin Wall is fully human.

>It's untermensch you retard

No no your mixing them up, that's the term for 70's born """humans""".

Ubermensch is is canonically those born in the 90's, untermensch has always been the term for those birthed in the 70's. And to be honest, I don't consider anyone born when communism was still up and running to be human.

>Kreia
EU cringe.

Attached: Anakin kills the Separatist leaders 1.webm (1280x548, 2.9M)

Attached: Anakin kills the Separatist leaders 2.webm (1280x548, 2.93M)

Attached: 4F49A24F-A7BB-4D47-91A3-ED61782B5209.jpg (766x450, 25K)

Attached: Anakin kills the Separatist leaders 3.webm (1280x548, 2.86M)

Are the little robots running afraid from Anakin or what are they doing?

Probably running afraid, like one did from Chewie in ANH

Attached: Anakin kills the Separatist leaders 4.webm (1280x548, 2.85M)

How did he die?

Attached: 23423434.png (701x373, 252K)

If you exclude the EU you exclude the magnum opus of Star Wars. Actually, arguablly multiple magnum opus's. The EU's always had the best bits. FilmOnly fags are megacringe.

Horribly

Attached: Star.Wars.Episode.III.Revenge.of.the.Sith.2005.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264-DON.mkv_snapshot_01.40.54_[2018 (1920x818, 2.65M)

You can say what you want about the prequels but they had very great moments.

youtu.be/6KVH88BjSuM

Attached: 8URtlK8.jpg (1183x558, 32K)

And they added something to the story. What the new movies add to the story of Star Wars?

The story of Star Wars was the story of Anakin Skywalker and his son Luke Skywalker, nothing more. Once their story was told Star Wars should have ended.

Attached: 1549869663027.jpg (408x408, 18K)

no thanks

I find it funny when OTfags praise the TFA fight for "not having any silly spins like muh OT"

Attached: Kylo does a good trick 1.webm (1280x532, 2.74M)

>Once their story was told Star Wars should have ended.

Limited imagination detected. The one good idea Disney had was doing the side story movies. Shame they didn't have the talent to pull it off and it ended up being a vehicle to fix plotholes and fit as many OT references as possible in it.

Attached: Kylo does a good trick 2.webm (1280x532, 2.5M)

>tfw you realize that the clones are actually only 10 year olds

Imagine getting your feelings hurt this badly when people make fun of fuckin attack of the clones, lmao

That's what happens when you get commanders who are basically just monks with swords

Imagine getting your feelings hurt when people DO like Attack of the Clones.

Fucking pathetic. Imagine being so butthurt you call someone a "prequelpede" with a straight face.

>no u
so this is the power of untermensch wit... whoa...

Tell me what the new movies are about?

The Empire was never defeated and now is called The First Order and want to rule the Galaxy again building a bigger Death Star but it is also destroyed by a weak stupid point?

An unknown girl discovers she has Jedi powers when she don't even know what the Jedi really were and goes in an adventure and defeats the supposedly second most powerful force user of that moment?

A powerful bad guy (Snoke) that was around in the times of The Empire that is beheaded and we don't know more about him?

What more are they about?

Luke Skywalker is now bitter old man that is beaten by this new unknown girl without training and then kills himself because he makes a hologram of himself and uses too much force?

Nice. Very interesting.

It's The Big Combo and fucking Golden Age Ben-Hur type thing crashing into each other. It's so much more ambitious than anything as of late (or even then) it's incredible.

go to bed tony

I'm not defending Nu Wars. Disney has the same lack of imagination you do. If Disney had done the PT they would have been identical to the OT as well wit Tie fighters, x wings and big bads and they would be ANH remakes. Just like all the OT fag EU was like. You all lack imagination.

You need actual talented artists to expand Star Wars.